Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
[quote name="Almedha" date="2020-06-21 17:14:58" ] [quote]Generally though, I don't feel comfy with someone else having that level of control over the identity of my dragons.[/quote] Outside of the real life context? Uh, no. Sorry, but you don't get that level of control over what my dragon looks like. We aren't selling "space" on our dragon's offspring list when we sell one of our dragons' offspring. But right now, that's how it works. I don't want you (if you buy a hatchling from me) to have control over what my dragon looks like, and that includes their offspring lists. And I don't want my only other option to be to remove the list entirely, because I breed my dragons because I like long offspring lists. Letting the owner of the parent-dragon decide what their offspring list looks like is as good a compromise as I can think of. Because nobody else should own space on my dragon. So what if I change my dragon to suit me? You change your dragon to suit you. That's the point. [/quote] If you want long, visible offspring lists but also want full control over the names on those lists, name and exalt the offspring. If you want to involve other players by selling your dragons to them then you have to accept that your dragons lineage doesn't exist in a vacuum. It makes me uncomfortable, to the point where if this were implimented I would feel pressured to become a G1 only lair. I support removing lineage from dragons pages because I know having other peoples named (or unnamed) dragons on their page bothers some people, I'm totally down with that as a compromise, but nicknaming other users dragons feels like it tips the ballence of control too far in the other direction for me. I get if we don't agree with that, I don't want to fight, I just genuinely don't like this personally.
Almedha wrote on 2020-06-21 17:14:58:
Quote:
Generally though, I don't feel comfy with someone else having that level of control over the identity of my dragons.
Outside of the real life context? Uh, no. Sorry, but you don't get that level of control over what my dragon looks like. We aren't selling "space" on our dragon's offspring list when we sell one of our dragons' offspring. But right now, that's how it works. I don't want you (if you buy a hatchling from me) to have control over what my dragon looks like, and that includes their offspring lists. And I don't want my only other option to be to remove the list entirely, because I breed my dragons because I like long offspring lists. Letting the owner of the parent-dragon decide what their offspring list looks like is as good a compromise as I can think of. Because nobody else should own space on my dragon.

So what if I change my dragon to suit me? You change your dragon to suit you. That's the point.

If you want long, visible offspring lists but also want full control over the names on those lists, name and exalt the offspring.
If you want to involve other players by selling your dragons to them then you have to accept that your dragons lineage doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It makes me uncomfortable, to the point where if this were implimented I would feel pressured to become a G1 only lair.

I support removing lineage from dragons pages because I know having other peoples named (or unnamed) dragons on their page bothers some people, I'm totally down with that as a compromise, but nicknaming other users dragons feels like it tips the ballence of control too far in the other direction for me.
I get if we don't agree with that, I don't want to fight, I just genuinely don't like this personally.
Plaguether-naumachy-fr-sig.png
[quote name="Nyrath" date="2020-06-22 10:54:24" ] [quote name="Almedha" date="2020-06-21 17:14:58" ] [quote]Generally though, I don't feel comfy with someone else having that level of control over the identity of my dragons.[/quote] Outside of the real life context? Uh, no. Sorry, but you don't get that level of control over what my dragon looks like. We aren't selling "space" on our dragon's offspring list when we sell one of our dragons' offspring. But right now, that's how it works. I don't want you (if you buy a hatchling from me) to have control over what my dragon looks like, and that includes their offspring lists. And I don't want my only other option to be to remove the list entirely, because I breed my dragons because I like long offspring lists. Letting the owner of the parent-dragon decide what their offspring list looks like is as good a compromise as I can think of. Because nobody else should own space on my dragon. So what if I change my dragon to suit me? You change your dragon to suit you. That's the point. [/quote] If you want long, visible offspring lists but also want full control over the names on those lists, name and exalt the offspring. If you want to involve other players by selling your dragons to them then you have to accept that your dragons lineage doesn't exist in a vacuum. It makes me uncomfortable, to the point where if this were implimented I would feel pressured to become a G1 only lair. I support removing lineage from dragons pages because I know having other peoples named (or unnamed) dragons on their page bothers some people, I'm totally down with that as a compromise, but nicknaming other users dragons feels like it tips the ballence of control too far in the other direction for me. I get if we don't agree with that, I don't want to fight, I just genuinely don't like this personally. [/quote] Here is my issue with this: If this became a thing, the only place that you would see these nicknames are on the parent dragons. If you don't own the parent dragon, then you should not be able to dictate to others what is there. To me, this is like the people who complain about someone having lore for a dragon that counteracts their own lore about the parents/offspring of that dragon. I have seen people complain about someone buying a dragon and having lore that says they come from an abusive clan etc... To me, if you dislike the idea of someone maintaining their own offspring list, with no impact on your dragon, then simply do not look at the dragons another player owns. It is when someone says that they want to be able to immediately tell what sex a dragon is and therefore they don't support a pose change scroll. If the dragon isn't in their lair, then they don't need to be able to tell what sex it is immediately (unless it is for sale, and there could be checks in place to prevent things like that from happening), so if you dislike the idea that someone might use a pose change scroll on their own dragons, don't look at other people's dragons. I rarely look at the offspring/parents of my own dragons, because what happens to those dragons doesn't affect me, except in the case they get name changes, in which case that shows up on *my* dragons. If they decide that my dragon Lothar is now named Sam, who cares? I don't own the dragon that the name 'sam' shows up on, and unless I constantly look, I wouldn't even know that they decided they didn't like the name Lothar. I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind the idea that people want to be able to have control, even limited, over another person's choices with regards to their dragons. What you do with your dragons is your business and what I do with my dragons is my business. The idea that their viewing pleasure should supercede my own viewing pleasure seems strange, when I own the objects being viewed and they are just a 'visitor'
Nyrath wrote on 2020-06-22 10:54:24:
Almedha wrote on 2020-06-21 17:14:58:
Quote:
Generally though, I don't feel comfy with someone else having that level of control over the identity of my dragons.
Outside of the real life context? Uh, no. Sorry, but you don't get that level of control over what my dragon looks like. We aren't selling "space" on our dragon's offspring list when we sell one of our dragons' offspring. But right now, that's how it works. I don't want you (if you buy a hatchling from me) to have control over what my dragon looks like, and that includes their offspring lists. And I don't want my only other option to be to remove the list entirely, because I breed my dragons because I like long offspring lists. Letting the owner of the parent-dragon decide what their offspring list looks like is as good a compromise as I can think of. Because nobody else should own space on my dragon.

So what if I change my dragon to suit me? You change your dragon to suit you. That's the point.

If you want long, visible offspring lists but also want full control over the names on those lists, name and exalt the offspring.
If you want to involve other players by selling your dragons to them then you have to accept that your dragons lineage doesn't exist in a vacuum.

It makes me uncomfortable, to the point where if this were implimented I would feel pressured to become a G1 only lair.

I support removing lineage from dragons pages because I know having other peoples named (or unnamed) dragons on their page bothers some people, I'm totally down with that as a compromise, but nicknaming other users dragons feels like it tips the ballence of control too far in the other direction for me.
I get if we don't agree with that, I don't want to fight, I just genuinely don't like this personally.
Here is my issue with this: If this became a thing, the only place that you would see these nicknames are on the parent dragons. If you don't own the parent dragon, then you should not be able to dictate to others what is there.

To me, this is like the people who complain about someone having lore for a dragon that counteracts their own lore about the parents/offspring of that dragon. I have seen people complain about someone buying a dragon and having lore that says they come from an abusive clan etc...

To me, if you dislike the idea of someone maintaining their own offspring list, with no impact on your dragon, then simply do not look at the dragons another player owns. It is when someone says that they want to be able to immediately tell what sex a dragon is and therefore they don't support a pose change scroll. If the dragon isn't in their lair, then they don't need to be able to tell what sex it is immediately (unless it is for sale, and there could be checks in place to prevent things like that from happening), so if you dislike the idea that someone might use a pose change scroll on their own dragons, don't look at other people's dragons.

I rarely look at the offspring/parents of my own dragons, because what happens to those dragons doesn't affect me, except in the case they get name changes, in which case that shows up on *my* dragons. If they decide that my dragon Lothar is now named Sam, who cares? I don't own the dragon that the name 'sam' shows up on, and unless I constantly look, I wouldn't even know that they decided they didn't like the name Lothar.

I guess I just don't understand the reasoning behind the idea that people want to be able to have control, even limited, over another person's choices with regards to their dragons. What you do with your dragons is your business and what I do with my dragons is my business. The idea that their viewing pleasure should supercede my own viewing pleasure seems strange, when I own the objects being viewed and they are just a 'visitor'

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support as long as the pencil toggles it back to the original version for viewers who choose to click
Support as long as the pencil toggles it back to the original version for viewers who choose to click
The-Dragon-s-Keep-DISCORD.png
~~~~~
Be my friend!!!
~~~~~
[quote name="Valemora" date="2016-01-05 12:42:50" ] Or name them None and None and pretend you have a G1 imp? You can do it now! [/quote] The on;y bit I don't agree with. Gen 1 imps are special, and it would lead to a lot of confusion if you could make them look like a gen1 when they aren't.
Valemora wrote on 2016-01-05 12:42:50:
Or name them None and None and pretend you have a G1 imp? You can do it now!

The on;y bit I don't agree with. Gen 1 imps are special, and it would lead to a lot of confusion if you could make them look like a gen1 when they aren't.
FORMERLY COKEBUBBLE
9hyVndF.gif
[quote name="Cokebubble" date="2021-02-14 14:20:41" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2016-01-05 12:42:50" ] Or name them None and None and pretend you have a G1 imp? You can do it now! [/quote] The on;y bit I don't agree with. Gen 1 imps are special, and it would lead to a lot of confusion if you could make them look like a gen1 when they aren't. [/quote] As the imp would still have two parents, it would be obvious that it's not a G1 even if the player chooses the name "none" :D It wouldn't be written in cursive either. I think it should be distinctive enough?
Cokebubble wrote on 2021-02-14 14:20:41:

The on;y bit I don't agree with. Gen 1 imps are special, and it would lead to a lot of confusion if you could make them look like a gen1 when they aren't.
As the imp would still have two parents, it would be obvious that it's not a G1 even if the player chooses the name "none" :D It wouldn't be written in cursive either. I think it should be distinctive enough?
[quote name="Valemora" date="2021-02-14 15:27:19" ] [quote name="Cokebubble" date="2021-02-14 14:20:41" ] [quote name="Valemora" date="2016-01-05 12:42:50" ] Or name them None and None and pretend you have a G1 imp? You can do it now! [/quote] The on;y bit I don't agree with. Gen 1 imps are special, and it would lead to a lot of confusion if you could make them look like a gen1 when they aren't. [/quote] As the imp would still have two parents, it would be obvious that it's not a G1 even if the player chooses the name "none" :D It wouldn't be written in cursive either. I think it should be distinctive enough? [/quote] I can buy two imps and name them none and breed them now, I don't see how this is a good reason against. And as pointed out, there would still be two parents, whose names would be a different fontstyle and also link to the parents pages.
Valemora wrote on 2021-02-14 15:27:19:
Cokebubble wrote on 2021-02-14 14:20:41:

As the imp would still have two parents, it would be obvious that it's not a G1 even if the player chooses the name "none" :D It wouldn't be written in cursive either. I think it should be distinctive enough?

I can buy two imps and name them none and breed them now, I don't see how this is a good reason against. And as pointed out, there would still be two parents, whose names would be a different fontstyle and also link to the parents pages.
wq9PoXA.png
I'd honestly prefer an account option to not see edited offspring lists by default if this were a thing. Personally, if I am going to look at offspring, I want to see at a glance what the list looks like. I don't want to have to pay mind to what someone nicknamed their dragons if I am trying to buy a dragon and, no, I do not mean off the AH. I mean the forums.
I'd honestly prefer an account option to not see edited offspring lists by default if this were a thing. Personally, if I am going to look at offspring, I want to see at a glance what the list looks like. I don't want to have to pay mind to what someone nicknamed their dragons if I am trying to buy a dragon and, no, I do not mean off the AH. I mean the forums.
Support!
Support!
Square-3.png Wolf_26299_3_15.png
FAQ & About Me
Dragons for Sale

FR +0 | She/Her | AuDHD
72918353.png square2.png
I could get behind this, so I don't have unnamed dragons on my own offspring lists.
I could get behind this, so I don't have unnamed dragons on my own offspring lists.
plaguebringer_50x50.jpg
«--Dragon Fiend--»
As someone who has had a lets say rocky past with unnamed positive players including people spite naming my dragons (I won one case and got his name changed back) id be down for this. It's be a nice compromise.
As someone who has had a lets say rocky past with unnamed positive players including people spite naming my dragons (I won one case and got his name changed back) id be down for this. It's be a nice compromise.
Please call me Ace. ALWAYS PING IF NOT MY FOURM..it helps me respond easier.
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22