Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Commas in large numbers
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="YuleLad" date="2023-10-22 13:49:46" ] Bringing this back because it should be a thing. The site will never truly be accessible until they make this a reality. (Also commas are great but it might be more accessible with spaces. I know in my country 3,16 means 3.16, so it might be confusing for some people. Anyway it's not a very big set back for me, I'd rather have commas than nothing) [/quote] As some people have pointed out, spaces could also be an accessibility thing, in terms of eyesight or things like dyscalculia and dyslexia. Still, we just had the site's ten-year anniversary, and we're coming up on the 8-year anniversary of this very thread. The fact this is still a problem is both baffling and disheartening.
YuleLad wrote on 2023-10-22 13:49:46:
Bringing this back because it should be a thing. The site will never truly be accessible until they make this a reality.

(Also commas are great but it might be more accessible with spaces. I know in my country 3,16 means 3.16, so it might be confusing for some people. Anyway it's not a very big set back for me, I'd rather have commas than nothing)

As some people have pointed out, spaces could also be an accessibility thing, in terms of eyesight or things like dyscalculia and dyslexia.

Still, we just had the site's ten-year anniversary, and we're coming up on the 8-year anniversary of this very thread. The fact this is still a problem is both baffling and disheartening.
3d8637d4e0c3a40a9104ee27b702ba84.png tumblr_inline_njviw527Mu1qg2i5p.png
oh you're right, I'm not very familiar with dyslexia but now that I think about it, I understand why it would be an issue. Commas would be good. Or in an ideal world, let people choose between commas, space and nothing(? for the people who want nothing haha)
oh you're right, I'm not very familiar with dyslexia but now that I think about it, I understand why it would be an issue. Commas would be good. Or in an ideal world, let people choose between commas, space and nothing(? for the people who want nothing haha)
1 2 3 4 5 6