Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Commas in large numbers
1 2 3 4 5 6
@Ismaiel With commas I still have to pause a moment, but I can see it easier. It's much faster and easier due to repetition since that's what I've become accustomed to, to use commas rather than spaces.
@Ismaiel With commas I still have to pause a moment, but I can see it easier. It's much faster and easier due to repetition since that's what I've become accustomed to, to use commas rather than spaces.
Yeah anything to differentiate how many zeros are in a price would be great!
Yeah anything to differentiate how many zeros are in a price would be great!
My only reason for commas (or periods) above spaces would be that with larger numbers the spaces might get a bit harder to see especially if buried in text, but that might not be a problem.

As for the not all countries use the comma, FR is an American Company. If I went to a European Gaming site, I would probably have to get used to them using Periods in their numbers as opposed to commas, so I don't really see the problem especially as this is currency, we don't have any partial currency (change) and the comma would only come in after 3 zeros when change typically has 2 zeros after the punctuation point anyways. Sure it might be confusing at the beginning to some, but I am sure most people could easily get used to it.

My only reason for commas (or periods) above spaces would be that with larger numbers the spaces might get a bit harder to see especially if buried in text, but that might not be a problem.

As for the not all countries use the comma, FR is an American Company. If I went to a European Gaming site, I would probably have to get used to them using Periods in their numbers as opposed to commas, so I don't really see the problem especially as this is currency, we don't have any partial currency (change) and the comma would only come in after 3 zeros when change typically has 2 zeros after the punctuation point anyways. Sure it might be confusing at the beginning to some, but I am sure most people could easily get used to it.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
Support so much. I often have problems figuring out how many zero's something has, so even if it was just spaces, that would help so much!
Support so much. I often have problems figuring out how many zero's something has, so even if it was just spaces, that would help so much!
Xq4T604.gifQk0Boxn.gif
Hi there. I'm a nerd.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=984009&p=mb

I support -anything- to help.

999 999 999

These are all much more readable than 999999999.
http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=sug&id=984009&p=mb

I support -anything- to help.

999 999 999

These are all much more readable than 999999999.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
Only if it's an option and not a mandatory change from one to the other.
byGS9bb.png VtFVqTA.png
UK time. Sorry for timezone-related delays in responses. They/Them.
[quote name="Greyjoy" date=2015-12-13 10:06:03] Only if it's an option and not a mandatory change from one to the other. [/quote] I am not sure, but it shouldn't really be that hard to code options into the site. So say If Separator = 1 Then use , else if Separator = 2 then use . else if Separator = 3 use ' ' else show the same. Something like that. The ability to choose your preferred method would be great :)
Greyjoy wrote on 2015-12-13:

I am not sure, but it shouldn't really be that hard to code options into the site. So say If Separator = 1 Then use , else if Separator = 2 then use . else if Separator = 3 use ' ' else show the same. Something like that.

The ability to choose your preferred method would be great :)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
@Ismaiel @Guiliastes Because we know the admins value accessibility above all else. *looks at mouse-only Coli and icons with no text for screen-readers* But yes, there needs to be some way to differentiate large numbers. It'd be especially nice if you could choose commas or periods or to leave it as is.
@Ismaiel @Guiliastes Because we know the admins value accessibility above all else. *looks at mouse-only Coli and icons with no text for screen-readers* But yes, there needs to be some way to differentiate large numbers. It'd be especially nice if you could choose commas or periods or to leave it as is.
WKtl2lb.png
1YB0OjO.png
RUGBzP5.png
jQub7yI.png
wAfJ7Bn.png
reHWBXk.png
lSyxazy.png
p19HCH0.png
@mithrel Yes, the coli, when I am able to use it at the once per year that it actually loads for me, is beyond frustrating with just the mouse.
@mithrel Yes, the coli, when I am able to use it at the once per year that it actually loads for me, is beyond frustrating with just the mouse.
Spaces would probably look best but anything different would be easier
Spaces would probably look best but anything different would be easier
mc661j.png
~Signature by Marzi~
1 2 3 4 5 6