Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Limit amount of Exalts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
nope
nope
halfbanner2_zps706d0aaa.jpg
No support. Exalting is the only way to remove excess dragons from the game, and frankly we need to increase the number of dragons being exalted.

As for limiting unnamed exalts, no support. My biggest issue with with this is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons.
--To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to)
--Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess)
--Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want an auto name feature because that would slow exalting down because the database would have to update the name field and exalt, and those seconds count.
--Some players exalt dragons for story reasons:
----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling
----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name

Plus the admins are working on a way to collaps exalted offspring.
No support. Exalting is the only way to remove excess dragons from the game, and frankly we need to increase the number of dragons being exalted.

As for limiting unnamed exalts, no support. My biggest issue with with this is that once a player sells a dragon, they have no say on what the purchaser does with the dragon. If a seller does not like unnamed dragons on their dragons' offspring list, they should name the hatchlings before they sell them and not expect the purchaser to do so or suggest the game be changed to force names upon dragons. Once a dragon is sold the seller has no say on what is done with that dragon; if unnamed dragons bother them, it is their responsibility to name the dragons before selling them. There have been several polls that have shown that most players aren't bothered by a pre-named dragon

Players exalt dragons unnamed for a variety of reasons.
--To differentiate exalted dragons from existing dragons on an offspring list. (IE they exalt their hatchlings unnamed; if they sell they generally get a name so its easy to tell at a glance who it is worth checking up on to see what that dragon has been up to)
--Some exalters prefer to exalt unnamed to avoid 'potentially harassing names' (IE the Mulch mess)
--Some exalters don't care if the dragon is named or not but don't want an auto name feature because that would slow exalting down because the database would have to update the name field and exalt, and those seconds count.
--Some players exalt dragons for story reasons:
----Unnamed hatchlings may have been ones that died as a hatchling
----Unnamed dragons may not have earned a name

Plus the admins are working on a way to collaps exalted offspring.
3DS Friend Code: 5300-9941-4980
#UnnamedIsValid .:. Nature Sales Thread .:. Strider Subspecies
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-22 08:25:05"]OR we could all come to the realization that once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours anymore and the new owner can do whatever they like with it. Y'know. Whichever. Also, naming your dragons that are for sale is also a VERY viable option. I have run two polls personally in FRD that showed the majority of buyers don't care if the dragon is named or not in the AH.[/quote] [color=#585c4f] This. I think when people get upset about unnamed exalts, they tend to forget they paid for the dragon and own it so it's theirs to do what they want with. If the dragon is purchased for exaltation, the buyer will not care if it has a name. If a lot of your purchased dragons are being exalted, then it stands to reason it may be beneficial to name them before. My basic rule of thumb is if you mind unnamed exalts, if your dragons are priced for exalt, name them. If you're selling them for say 20,000 or more, you can gamble more comfortably on leaving them unnamed. If someone doesn't buy a named dragon because it was named, they probably weren't the right owner for it. Hope that made sense! (typing 10 mins after waking up isn't a good idea for me hahaha)
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-22 08:25:05:
OR we could all come to the realization that once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours anymore and the new owner can do whatever they like with it. Y'know. Whichever.

Also, naming your dragons that are for sale is also a VERY viable option. I have run two polls personally in FRD that showed the majority of buyers don't care if the dragon is named or not in the AH.

This. I think when people get upset about unnamed exalts, they tend to forget they paid for the dragon and own it so it's theirs to do what they want with.

If the dragon is purchased for exaltation, the buyer will not care if it has a name. If a lot of your purchased dragons are being exalted, then it stands to reason it may be beneficial to name them before.

My basic rule of thumb is if you mind unnamed exalts, if your dragons are priced for exalt, name them. If you're selling them for say 20,000 or more, you can gamble more comfortably on leaving them unnamed. If someone doesn't buy a named dragon because it was named, they probably weren't the right owner for it.

Hope that made sense! (typing 10 mins after waking up isn't a good idea for me hahaha)
@Teleway - How much were your TG babies put up for? There was a VERY fierce 3-way dom battle last week.

No support for any of it. Everyone else has said why. Also, I'm tired of these threads and I sincerely hope the admins manage to get the 'suggested topics directory' thread up soon so we can just refer back to one thread and be done instead of explaining, over and over, every single time, why this is a bad idea that people don't support.

Oh, and the latest "named dragons on the AH" poll is here. If you don't want to click, here's what you're missing:

You're window shopping in the dragons tab of the "Auction" House. You come across a cheap plentiful or common that just happens to have colors close to what you've been looking for. Or maybe its just really pretty and you want it.
But wait! It already has a name.
Would you be more likely to buy it if the name was:

A) a people name like "Henry" or "Delilah" 0% (1)
B) a wordy name like "Mossfeather" or "Tidecrusher" 1% (5)
C) a made up name like "Azskaa" or "Jzailuu 5% (19)
D) I don't care I'd rescroll the name immediately anyway 16% (55)
E) I do not buy named dragons period 5% (19)
F) Names do not affect whether I buy a dragon or not 69% (244)
G) Other (Please explain in the thread) 3% (9)
Total votes: 352
@Teleway - How much were your TG babies put up for? There was a VERY fierce 3-way dom battle last week.

No support for any of it. Everyone else has said why. Also, I'm tired of these threads and I sincerely hope the admins manage to get the 'suggested topics directory' thread up soon so we can just refer back to one thread and be done instead of explaining, over and over, every single time, why this is a bad idea that people don't support.

Oh, and the latest "named dragons on the AH" poll is here. If you don't want to click, here's what you're missing:

You're window shopping in the dragons tab of the "Auction" House. You come across a cheap plentiful or common that just happens to have colors close to what you've been looking for. Or maybe its just really pretty and you want it.
But wait! It already has a name.
Would you be more likely to buy it if the name was:

A) a people name like "Henry" or "Delilah" 0% (1)
B) a wordy name like "Mossfeather" or "Tidecrusher" 1% (5)
C) a made up name like "Azskaa" or "Jzailuu 5% (19)
D) I don't care I'd rescroll the name immediately anyway 16% (55)
E) I do not buy named dragons period 5% (19)
F) Names do not affect whether I buy a dragon or not 69% (244)
G) Other (Please explain in the thread) 3% (9)
Total votes: 352
No support. Reasons like the fact that the dragon is not yours and therefore none of your business anymore were already mentioned.
No support. Reasons like the fact that the dragon is not yours and therefore none of your business anymore were already mentioned.
[quote name="Confectionary" date="2014-10-22 08:25:05"]OR we could all come to the realization that once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours anymore and the new owner can do whatever they like with it. Y'know. Whichever. Also, naming your dragons that are for sale is also a VERY viable option. I have run two polls personally in FRD that showed the majority of buyers don't care if the dragon is named or not in the AH.[/quote] So...yeah, basically this.
Confectionary wrote on 2014-10-22 08:25:05:
OR we could all come to the realization that once you sell a dragon, it isn't yours anymore and the new owner can do whatever they like with it. Y'know. Whichever.

Also, naming your dragons that are for sale is also a VERY viable option. I have run two polls personally in FRD that showed the majority of buyers don't care if the dragon is named or not in the AH.

So...yeah, basically this.
Gilded Carnival (General) | Gilded Carnival (Light) | Gilded Raffle IC | IC: Gold Standard | Cryptic Cartographs | 50 / 2000
No support- it is no longer your dragon. Sell named if you wish to avoid this. =o
No support- it is no longer your dragon. Sell named if you wish to avoid this. =o
0BrAWFT.png8sbZLoS.png
If you are bothered by unnamed or anything your offspring list name before you sell or please have patience until the hiding feature is back. They let it go live but it was buggy but it will be a thing eventually.

Once you sell it is no longer yours even if you have offspring lists, that can't be a reason to let you name or rename because the buyer could just as easily breed the dragon and have a hatchling with it on the parent slot. It means you aren't always the only one impacted.

Hopefully coming soon option to hide exalted names will solve this some though it won't solve all the issues as someone people keep dragons unnamed or have names you might not like. I'm hoping we can have some control over what is and isn't hidden at some point.
If you are bothered by unnamed or anything your offspring list name before you sell or please have patience until the hiding feature is back. They let it go live but it was buggy but it will be a thing eventually.

Once you sell it is no longer yours even if you have offspring lists, that can't be a reason to let you name or rename because the buyer could just as easily breed the dragon and have a hatchling with it on the parent slot. It means you aren't always the only one impacted.

Hopefully coming soon option to hide exalted names will solve this some though it won't solve all the issues as someone people keep dragons unnamed or have names you might not like. I'm hoping we can have some control over what is and isn't hidden at some point.
Those visible offspring lists seem to foster an air of entitlement, to be honest. I'd rather they were hidden entirely and you had to click through.

You (in general) have the tool at your disposal to make sure you never have to see "Unnamed" on the offspring lists of your dragons, and that tool is to name them before you sell them if it matters so much to you. Once you accept money for something, ownership of that something is no longer yours.

Due to the nature of the game - limited lair space and unlimited supply of dragons - the vast majority of dragons for sale will be bought for exalt. There's no way round it. The developers put exaltation in there to clear the game of excess dragons. It's not that players are exploiting an accident or a loophole or a natural phenomenon.

Take control of your gaming experience on FR by using the tools given to you. Don't try to force other players to play the way you think the game should be played, rather than the way the developers created it.
Those visible offspring lists seem to foster an air of entitlement, to be honest. I'd rather they were hidden entirely and you had to click through.

You (in general) have the tool at your disposal to make sure you never have to see "Unnamed" on the offspring lists of your dragons, and that tool is to name them before you sell them if it matters so much to you. Once you accept money for something, ownership of that something is no longer yours.

Due to the nature of the game - limited lair space and unlimited supply of dragons - the vast majority of dragons for sale will be bought for exalt. There's no way round it. The developers put exaltation in there to clear the game of excess dragons. It's not that players are exploiting an accident or a loophole or a natural phenomenon.

Take control of your gaming experience on FR by using the tools given to you. Don't try to force other players to play the way you think the game should be played, rather than the way the developers created it.
Attermire Scar
I would REALLY love to see "Unnamed" be changed to "ExaltedOne" or similar after a dragon is exalted, to support the canon lore, but honestly I think FR's solution of hiding the exalts in your offspring list is the simplest one.

I have no support for limiting exaltation in any way (I think we should actually all be wracking our brains for ways to INCREASE exaltation), and I don't support forcing names since I'd rather have "Unnamed" in my offspring list than five different versions of "aaaaa" and "asdfgjk"
I would REALLY love to see "Unnamed" be changed to "ExaltedOne" or similar after a dragon is exalted, to support the canon lore, but honestly I think FR's solution of hiding the exalts in your offspring list is the simplest one.

I have no support for limiting exaltation in any way (I think we should actually all be wracking our brains for ways to INCREASE exaltation), and I don't support forcing names since I'd rather have "Unnamed" in my offspring list than five different versions of "aaaaa" and "asdfgjk"
Shazz || she/her || my art ||Stock the Pond! ||
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8