Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Limit amount of Exalts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
No support. I always price my dragons above exalt prices, and I've never had a single one exalted like that. At most, someone kept it for a while, then leveled it up and exalted.

Besides, I exalt all the ugly dragons that come out of my less than perfect pairs while selling the good ones, again above exalt price. If there were a limit, I would be stuck with ugly hatchlings that no one else would be able to buy, because they too would have hit the exalt limit.

Edit: A better suggestion would be to either A) Price your dragons higher. If someone buys a dragon for 50k+, they're going to be a lot less likely to exalt right off the bat. Or B) When a dragon is exalted, its page is gone forever. Its name is left off the offspring list, with maybe a tiny marker near the bottom to tally how many babies have been exalted. I really do not see the point in having hundreds of thousands of basically dead-end pages that no one truly cares about. The one thing they're good for is tracking heritage in case one of the parents/grand-parents/etc. has been exalted.
No support. I always price my dragons above exalt prices, and I've never had a single one exalted like that. At most, someone kept it for a while, then leveled it up and exalted.

Besides, I exalt all the ugly dragons that come out of my less than perfect pairs while selling the good ones, again above exalt price. If there were a limit, I would be stuck with ugly hatchlings that no one else would be able to buy, because they too would have hit the exalt limit.

Edit: A better suggestion would be to either A) Price your dragons higher. If someone buys a dragon for 50k+, they're going to be a lot less likely to exalt right off the bat. Or B) When a dragon is exalted, its page is gone forever. Its name is left off the offspring list, with maybe a tiny marker near the bottom to tally how many babies have been exalted. I really do not see the point in having hundreds of thousands of basically dead-end pages that no one truly cares about. The one thing they're good for is tracking heritage in case one of the parents/grand-parents/etc. has been exalted.
tumblr_inline_nde6q83bIw1suj19d.pngtumblr_inline_ndqlgfIUhu1suj19d.png
No support.

We need more exalts, or even more motivation/incentives to exalt more dragons. Like an update to the exalt system (So maybe dragons aren't worth nothing on the ah, but higher exalt payouts to make it more desirable to exalt.)

Best I can say for your suggestion is maybe more incentive to 'name' exalts like a small treasure bonus

but rlly unnamed exalts aren't a biggy, it happens.
No support.

We need more exalts, or even more motivation/incentives to exalt more dragons. Like an update to the exalt system (So maybe dragons aren't worth nothing on the ah, but higher exalt payouts to make it more desirable to exalt.)

Best I can say for your suggestion is maybe more incentive to 'name' exalts like a small treasure bonus

but rlly unnamed exalts aren't a biggy, it happens.
nYqoHFj.png
Throwing in with the No crowd.

No limiting exalts. No forcing people to name exalts or for finding ways around leaving exalts unnamed such as autonaming. If you want it named, name it. If not, accept that unless you own the dragon you have no input to its name or lack there of.

Since requiring names for all dragons was not mandated from the beginning, it would be bad to change and try to dictate it now. Too much site-culture revolves around leaving dragons unnamed.
Throwing in with the No crowd.

No limiting exalts. No forcing people to name exalts or for finding ways around leaving exalts unnamed such as autonaming. If you want it named, name it. If not, accept that unless you own the dragon you have no input to its name or lack there of.

Since requiring names for all dragons was not mandated from the beginning, it would be bad to change and try to dictate it now. Too much site-culture revolves around leaving dragons unnamed.
@Squints Nevermind sorry you already mentioned this The exalted dragon pages are for tracking lineage. Assay bloodlines can be used for the all important question of "Can They Breed," but sometimes it's neat to go back and see what a dragon has come from.

Anywho, for the suggestion itself, no support for the reasons everyone has said.
@Squints Nevermind sorry you already mentioned this The exalted dragon pages are for tracking lineage. Assay bloodlines can be used for the all important question of "Can They Breed," but sometimes it's neat to go back and see what a dragon has come from.

Anywho, for the suggestion itself, no support for the reasons everyone has said.
No support for limiting exalts or banning "unnamed" exalts.

Many people (myself included) use leveling and exalting as a main source of income. Why should we have our ability to earn treasure docked because you didn't name a dragon before selling it? That's not fair on everyone else and your problem is one you can easily solve all by yourself. Name any dragons you sell before you sell it.

As for "limiting" unnamed exalts. Why a limit? Some people would still get unnamed dragons before the "limit" kicked in and started forcing people to name dragons. It just seems like a half way solution that will make both sides angry:
A) exalters just using unnamed now have to make time to name the dragons they exalt
B) sellers still get some unnamed offspring because their hatchlings were exalted before the "limited" kicked in
No one gets what they want, everybody loses.

The solution has been around since the site opened. Name the dragon before you sell it. That is the only sure fire way to ensure that dragon has a name (because you can't go back to unnamed after that). Selling high isn't a guarantee, some people may just leave it unnamed while they use it for whatever, then exalt it unnamed when they're done.
No support for limiting exalts or banning "unnamed" exalts.

Many people (myself included) use leveling and exalting as a main source of income. Why should we have our ability to earn treasure docked because you didn't name a dragon before selling it? That's not fair on everyone else and your problem is one you can easily solve all by yourself. Name any dragons you sell before you sell it.

As for "limiting" unnamed exalts. Why a limit? Some people would still get unnamed dragons before the "limit" kicked in and started forcing people to name dragons. It just seems like a half way solution that will make both sides angry:
A) exalters just using unnamed now have to make time to name the dragons they exalt
B) sellers still get some unnamed offspring because their hatchlings were exalted before the "limited" kicked in
No one gets what they want, everybody loses.

The solution has been around since the site opened. Name the dragon before you sell it. That is the only sure fire way to ensure that dragon has a name (because you can't go back to unnamed after that). Selling high isn't a guarantee, some people may just leave it unnamed while they use it for whatever, then exalt it unnamed when they're done.
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
No support for a symbol of an exalted dragon next to the dragon's name. I don't want my offspring list to have anything but the names, and I want all the names to be uniform.
No support for a symbol of an exalted dragon next to the dragon's name. I don't want my offspring list to have anything but the names, and I want all the names to be uniform.
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
No support for limiting exalts. No support for assigning a random name to unnamed exalts.

You sold the dragon. It no longer belongs to you. You do not get to dictate what is done with it in any shape or form. Your prioritizing your wallet over your exalt list and that's totally fine but not anyone elses problem.
No support for limiting exalts. No support for assigning a random name to unnamed exalts.

You sold the dragon. It no longer belongs to you. You do not get to dictate what is done with it in any shape or form. Your prioritizing your wallet over your exalt list and that's totally fine but not anyone elses problem.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
Again, selling named dragons is difficult for some users, and I don't think me and my friends are the only ones having trouble.
Again, selling named dragons is difficult for some users, and I don't think me and my friends are the only ones having trouble.
nZJa3n3.png
Ultimately, you're missing the point.

The prevailing opinion on FR is that if someone pays for your dragon it is now their property and your involvement ends there, full stop. You do not get to retain any sort of rights over something you decide to get rid of.

It's a case of sentimental vs financial value but you're only guaranteed one or the other.
Ultimately, you're missing the point.

The prevailing opinion on FR is that if someone pays for your dragon it is now their property and your involvement ends there, full stop. You do not get to retain any sort of rights over something you decide to get rid of.

It's a case of sentimental vs financial value but you're only guaranteed one or the other.
iSUiwqzX231cv.gif
There are have been many user run surveys that show a vast majority of users on FR will buy a named dragon. There is a small percentage of the population that refuses to buy named dragons but that something like 5-6% if I remember right.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1193583&p=mb
This thread has the most up-to-date survey and links to the past ones.

Naming a dragon before selling it should have little impact on whether or not it sells. If not having "unnamed" on your offspring list is so important you'd name the dragon and cut out the 5-6% of the potential buyers in the market who won't buy a pre-named dragon. What's more important to you, selling that dragon a day earlier or not having unnamed dragons on your offspring list?

The dragon market isn't great, so if your dragon isn't selling I can tell you now it isn't just the name that is stopping people buying it. Maybe it's not the kind of dragon people are after colour, gene or breed wise. Maybe no one has the space to keep it permanently and they're only buying to exalt. Maybe the price isn't what people are willing to pay. Who knows. You can't purely blame it's named status if no one wants your dragon.
There are have been many user run surveys that show a vast majority of users on FR will buy a named dragon. There is a small percentage of the population that refuses to buy named dragons but that something like 5-6% if I remember right.

http://flightrising.com/main.php?board=frd&id=1193583&p=mb
This thread has the most up-to-date survey and links to the past ones.

Naming a dragon before selling it should have little impact on whether or not it sells. If not having "unnamed" on your offspring list is so important you'd name the dragon and cut out the 5-6% of the potential buyers in the market who won't buy a pre-named dragon. What's more important to you, selling that dragon a day earlier or not having unnamed dragons on your offspring list?

The dragon market isn't great, so if your dragon isn't selling I can tell you now it isn't just the name that is stopping people buying it. Maybe it's not the kind of dragon people are after colour, gene or breed wise. Maybe no one has the space to keep it permanently and they're only buying to exalt. Maybe the price isn't what people are willing to pay. Who knows. You can't purely blame it's named status if no one wants your dragon.
6xcUChx.png

aaa%20bfr_zps1hiir7rg.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8