Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Undo Today's Coliseum Enemy Buffs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
So I guess it's back to "buffed normal"- yesterday I was able to go scratch+eliminate on nearly all enemies in Kelp Beds. Today I can play 2-3fights and I've to reload because nearly all my dragons are dead( levelling one dragon for exalt). It's even worse that it used to be~.
So I guess it's back to "buffed normal"- yesterday I was able to go scratch+eliminate on nearly all enemies in Kelp Beds. Today I can play 2-3fights and I've to reload because nearly all my dragons are dead( levelling one dragon for exalt). It's even worse that it used to be~.
9RUCTKz.pngFBb49Y6.png
No support. I'd rather the coliseum actually have some challenge to it and maybe be... less boring...
No support. I'd rather the coliseum actually have some challenge to it and maybe be... less boring...
[quote name="Sniff" date="2014-08-25 11:47:38"]No support. I'd rather the coliseum actually have some challenge to it and maybe be... less boring...[/quote]7 More difficult doesn't mean less boring, sorry.
Sniff wrote on 2014-08-25 11:47:38:

More difficult doesn't mean less boring, sorry.
No support :/

Balance doesn't mean it should be so easy that you could do it in your sleep. I found the difficulty of the Kelp Beds to be well balanced before the augment stone fix, in that leveling exalt fodder there was very doable (if a little slower than the Mire due to needing Rally) as long as you knew your kill order and didn't get super unlucky. It makes sense to me that once the augment stones are fixed, the monsters should be un-nerfed.

Now the lack of communication I do have a problem with, and it's been an ongoing problem for as long as I've been on the site. Not the topic of this thread, though.
No support :/

Balance doesn't mean it should be so easy that you could do it in your sleep. I found the difficulty of the Kelp Beds to be well balanced before the augment stone fix, in that leveling exalt fodder there was very doable (if a little slower than the Mire due to needing Rally) as long as you knew your kill order and didn't get super unlucky. It makes sense to me that once the augment stones are fixed, the monsters should be un-nerfed.

Now the lack of communication I do have a problem with, and it's been an ongoing problem for as long as I've been on the site. Not the topic of this thread, though.
2e2UMYR.png
Nah, no support.

I mean...think about it. Why do we even have might/acuity fragments at level 5 and hybrid fragments at level 10? Because we're meant to upgrade our dragons' "equipment" over the course of the Coli.

Those stones were broken, so the dragons couldn't get the stat boosts. This meant that if they had left the monsters' stats as they were meant to be, leveling would have been nearly impossible. So, the staff nerf'd the monsters to compensate.

Now, the stones are working. So, the monsters got un-nerf'd. Because now we have stones.

I read all the "We shouldn't have to get the Stones just to be able to fight!" stuff. One question for you guys who think that: do you never upgrade your equipment in RPGs? Just stick with the basic clothes, starting weapon, and dinky accessory and never change it, then complain that your level-up stat boosts aren't enough to fight new enemies? Augment Stones are like new weapons and equipment -- chances are, you're going to have to either find or buy them to keep going in the game.

We couldn't get new equipment/weapons before, so the game was altered to make it playable with our "starter gear" of no stones. Now that we can, it's been fixed. That's all.

Also, as for Kelp Beds being ungrindable or whatever with both stones and enemies working properly...25 is our current level cap. Most Venues have at least two levels included in its general level guidelines. Tell me...was it easy to get through the Arena at level 17? The Mire at level 23? I don't recall those being easy. Why? Because they become easier once you level up to 18 or 24, and then even easier once your out of the level bracket. That is why the Mire (level 23 - 24) is easy, while Kelp Beds (level 25) is hard. Chances are, once the level cap is raised and people get their dragons up to level 26, it'll probably become much easier, just like in every other Venue ever.

Now, having everything reported on-site, visibly, as it happens would be quite nice. Even if it's just, like, a stickied thread on the top of every (non-Flight-specific?) forum board that has minor updates with the title updated to reflect when the newest post was...I mean, it wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be one nice, collected place to accumulate little updates in one spot that people could be requested to check regularly, which could be a good compromise between not flooding the front page and getting info out on time...[/unrelated rambling]
Nah, no support.

I mean...think about it. Why do we even have might/acuity fragments at level 5 and hybrid fragments at level 10? Because we're meant to upgrade our dragons' "equipment" over the course of the Coli.

Those stones were broken, so the dragons couldn't get the stat boosts. This meant that if they had left the monsters' stats as they were meant to be, leveling would have been nearly impossible. So, the staff nerf'd the monsters to compensate.

Now, the stones are working. So, the monsters got un-nerf'd. Because now we have stones.

I read all the "We shouldn't have to get the Stones just to be able to fight!" stuff. One question for you guys who think that: do you never upgrade your equipment in RPGs? Just stick with the basic clothes, starting weapon, and dinky accessory and never change it, then complain that your level-up stat boosts aren't enough to fight new enemies? Augment Stones are like new weapons and equipment -- chances are, you're going to have to either find or buy them to keep going in the game.

We couldn't get new equipment/weapons before, so the game was altered to make it playable with our "starter gear" of no stones. Now that we can, it's been fixed. That's all.

Also, as for Kelp Beds being ungrindable or whatever with both stones and enemies working properly...25 is our current level cap. Most Venues have at least two levels included in its general level guidelines. Tell me...was it easy to get through the Arena at level 17? The Mire at level 23? I don't recall those being easy. Why? Because they become easier once you level up to 18 or 24, and then even easier once your out of the level bracket. That is why the Mire (level 23 - 24) is easy, while Kelp Beds (level 25) is hard. Chances are, once the level cap is raised and people get their dragons up to level 26, it'll probably become much easier, just like in every other Venue ever.

Now, having everything reported on-site, visibly, as it happens would be quite nice. Even if it's just, like, a stickied thread on the top of every (non-Flight-specific?) forum board that has minor updates with the title updated to reflect when the newest post was...I mean, it wouldn't be perfect, but it'd be one nice, collected place to accumulate little updates in one spot that people could be requested to check regularly, which could be a good compromise between not flooding the front page and getting info out on time...[/unrelated rambling]
signatureletsmakesomescience_by_starryspelunker-da15fz6.png
@dragongirl218

I'm going to go and say Mire is easier at level 21-22 than you remember it being. The step up between Mire and Kelp Beds is huge, honestly. I grinded in Mire and did level 21 to 22 without stones and 22 to 23 with stones and the difference is notable.

But, grinding in Mire with something under level 23 is totally doable.

Kelp Beds? Eeeeeh
@dragongirl218

I'm going to go and say Mire is easier at level 21-22 than you remember it being. The step up between Mire and Kelp Beds is huge, honestly. I grinded in Mire and did level 21 to 22 without stones and 22 to 23 with stones and the difference is notable.

But, grinding in Mire with something under level 23 is totally doable.

Kelp Beds? Eeeeeh
I thought they were getting harder, and I searched the main discussion to see if they posted about this and i didn't see it. Sneaky. Full support as someone who doesn't have the stones and is now struggling.
I thought they were getting harder, and I searched the main discussion to see if they posted about this and i didn't see it. Sneaky. Full support as someone who doesn't have the stones and is now struggling.
GO2Bc3v.jpg
No support.

The enemies stats were unallocated BECAUSE stones didnt work. That was the whole point. Once stones work, enemies stats can be allocated. The stones were not meant to work the way they have been.

We've had weaker monsters to compensate for the fact we were entirely unable to use stones. But now that they work, there's no reason for the monsters to remain weak. They're merely going to what they were intended to be.
No support.

The enemies stats were unallocated BECAUSE stones didnt work. That was the whole point. Once stones work, enemies stats can be allocated. The stones were not meant to work the way they have been.

We've had weaker monsters to compensate for the fact we were entirely unable to use stones. But now that they work, there's no reason for the monsters to remain weak. They're merely going to what they were intended to be.
rotyou_zpsdd94a7ce.jpg
It's harder than it was before the stones were fixed and that means the staff has just made a failure of an "update". If Augment Stones are necessary for surviving, then the Coli is functioning the wrong way. Right now there's no way to even compete with Kelp Beds enemies without using a set stat setup and Berserkers, anything else just fails miserably. And now if you don't have Berserkers, you're totally screwed and there's no way to actually survive more than a couple rounds.
It's harder than it was before the stones were fixed and that means the staff has just made a failure of an "update". If Augment Stones are necessary for surviving, then the Coli is functioning the wrong way. Right now there's no way to even compete with Kelp Beds enemies without using a set stat setup and Berserkers, anything else just fails miserably. And now if you don't have Berserkers, you're totally screwed and there's no way to actually survive more than a couple rounds.
sBdLZtA.png
Support.
Support.
1qad2pq.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10