Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Undo Today's Coliseum Enemy Buffs
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Support
Support
WMVWGXM.png
We made some adjustments to some monsters’ in the Coliseum at the same time augment stones were made functional. Due to the bug that was causing augmentation stones to be non-functional, we had opted, for a long while, to leave some of the stat points (monsters have stat points just like your dragons) unallocated to compensate for that disparity. We recently made some great progress in resolving the augment stone bug, but are experiencing some lingering issues with it that are causing them to not apply their bonuses consistently due to this high load. Because of this, we have decided to revert these monsters back to their scaled back stats. Thanks for hanging in there with us. We are working on additional optimizations for the Coliseum to address the problems that arise when there is higher load than normal. These problems, which some of you may have noticed or reported to us, are things like not being able to reach certain pages of the Coliseum (Organize Part, Stats, etc.) as well as the inconsistent augment stones issue noted above. These problems are a direct result of high load, and we are hoping that our current work towards better scalability will address many, if not all of them. Our apologies that things are not going as smoothly during the festival as we would like. Thank you for your continued patience during this holiday - we’re very lucky to have a passionate and helpful player base that lets us know when things aren’t going exactly as they should, and that information is extremely beneficial to aiding us in our work. [quote name="weyrbound" date="2014-08-24 15:44:23"]Support! Being able to scratch+eliminate enemies in the kelp beds was beautiful, and I would actually PLAY in that venue if I knew things were going to be like that in the future.[/quote] You were able to scratch + eliminate WITH the changes to enemy stats and augment stones. The augment stones changes were more powerful than the changes to stats, so it was still a buff and large edge for dragons vs monsters. [quote name="Culex" date="2014-08-24 15:33:05"]While I honestly don't mind the buffing (it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things as far as we know so far), I really dislike it being hidden & silent.[/quote] It would have been noted in our next update changelog. We want to be up-front with any changes we make! Thank you for the feedback, everyone. Hopefully we can work through the rocky start to the festival. Thanks for hanging in there!
We made some adjustments to some monsters’ in the Coliseum at the same time augment stones were made functional. Due to the bug that was causing augmentation stones to be non-functional, we had opted, for a long while, to leave some of the stat points (monsters have stat points just like your dragons) unallocated to compensate for that disparity.

We recently made some great progress in resolving the augment stone bug, but are experiencing some lingering issues with it that are causing them to not apply their bonuses consistently due to this high load. Because of this, we have decided to revert these monsters back to their scaled back stats.

Thanks for hanging in there with us. We are working on additional optimizations for the Coliseum to address the problems that arise when there is higher load than normal. These problems, which some of you may have noticed or reported to us, are things like not being able to reach certain pages of the Coliseum (Organize Part, Stats, etc.) as well as the inconsistent augment stones issue noted above. These problems are a direct result of high load, and we are hoping that our current work towards better scalability will address many, if not all of them.

Our apologies that things are not going as smoothly during the festival as we would like. Thank you for your continued patience during this holiday - we’re very lucky to have a passionate and helpful player base that lets us know when things aren’t going exactly as they should, and that information is extremely beneficial to aiding us in our work.

weyrbound wrote on 2014-08-24 15:44:23:
Support!
Being able to scratch+eliminate enemies in the kelp beds was beautiful, and I would actually PLAY in that venue if I knew things were going to be like that in the future.

You were able to scratch + eliminate WITH the changes to enemy stats and augment stones. The augment stones changes were more powerful than the changes to stats, so it was still a buff and large edge for dragons vs monsters.

Culex wrote on 2014-08-24 15:33:05:
While I honestly don't mind the buffing (it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things as far as we know so far), I really dislike it being hidden & silent.

It would have been noted in our next update changelog. We want to be up-front with any changes we make!

Thank you for the feedback, everyone. Hopefully we can work through the rocky start to the festival. Thanks for hanging in there!
Withholding a vote for now, but I'm leaning towards support. I'd first like to see more of the reasoning behind how they're approaching balance issues and if there are any more changes in store in the near future.

Like Rhea and Culex, my biggest concern about this is the lack of communication. I can understand wanting balance everything out, but I found it a little daunting that the first official acknowledgement we had for any of these changes to coliseum was to address public outcry over the enemy buffs.

It's absolutely wonderful that we've got a strong community that can get the news out via word of mouth and verify with thorough data collection, but I would've liked to hear about it first from the FR staff themselves, especially right before a festival. A little communication goes a long way!

EDIT: And woops, I have bad timing! I was typing up my own response right when Undel posted. Thank you for the clarification! I understand the preference for the larger news logs on the front page, but with something like this, particularly considering the timing when there would undoubtedly be a heaver load in the colieseum than usual, it'd be great to know before it actually happens. Even if it's just a small post on Twitter/Tumblr to expect some changes in the Coliesum, that's great! The smallest heads up can help reduce a lot of the backlash.
Withholding a vote for now, but I'm leaning towards support. I'd first like to see more of the reasoning behind how they're approaching balance issues and if there are any more changes in store in the near future.

Like Rhea and Culex, my biggest concern about this is the lack of communication. I can understand wanting balance everything out, but I found it a little daunting that the first official acknowledgement we had for any of these changes to coliseum was to address public outcry over the enemy buffs.

It's absolutely wonderful that we've got a strong community that can get the news out via word of mouth and verify with thorough data collection, but I would've liked to hear about it first from the FR staff themselves, especially right before a festival. A little communication goes a long way!

EDIT: And woops, I have bad timing! I was typing up my own response right when Undel posted. Thank you for the clarification! I understand the preference for the larger news logs on the front page, but with something like this, particularly considering the timing when there would undoubtedly be a heaver load in the colieseum than usual, it'd be great to know before it actually happens. Even if it's just a small post on Twitter/Tumblr to expect some changes in the Coliesum, that's great! The smallest heads up can help reduce a lot of the backlash.
I agree with everything that's already been said. Support.
I agree with everything that's already been said. Support.
9121892.png xxxxx
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
SUPPORT

I don't see why you'd fix the stones (which are supposed to give you an EDGE) if you den buff up the mosnters so that the edge is entirely useless. Buffing the monsters is in my quite honest opinion, one of the worst things they could do to the coli. It would make grinding an unnecessary drag.
SUPPORT

I don't see why you'd fix the stones (which are supposed to give you an EDGE) if you den buff up the mosnters so that the edge is entirely useless. Buffing the monsters is in my quite honest opinion, one of the worst things they could do to the coli. It would make grinding an unnecessary drag.
make_mother_proud_by_duinimrais-d85f1js.gif
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-08-24 15:59:48"] You were able to scratch + eliminate WITH the changes to enemy stats and augment stones. The augment stones changes were more powerful than the changes to stats, so it was still a buff and large edge for dragons vs monsters.[/quote] I removed my Kelp Beds paragraph once Culex ran the numbers and told me this. Still dislike enemies being buffed across the board, though, especially in the roost. People shouldn't be [i]required[/i] to add the stones now just to be able to kill enemies they could previously handle without them (previously, my 114 str dragons could one-shot five different roost enemies; now they won't be able to one-shot anything in there without augment stones -- 121 str is required now to take out each of the five weakest enemies in one hit).
Undel wrote on 2014-08-24 15:59:48:
You were able to scratch + eliminate WITH the changes to enemy stats and augment stones. The augment stones changes were more powerful than the changes to stats, so it was still a buff and large edge for dragons vs monsters.

I removed my Kelp Beds paragraph once Culex ran the numbers and told me this. Still dislike enemies being buffed across the board, though, especially in the roost. People shouldn't be required to add the stones now just to be able to kill enemies they could previously handle without them (previously, my 114 str dragons could one-shot five different roost enemies; now they won't be able to one-shot anything in there without augment stones -- 121 str is required now to take out each of the five weakest enemies in one hit).
[quote name="Undel" date="2014-08-24 15:59:48"] [quote name="Culex" date="2014-08-24 15:33:05"]While I honestly don't mind the buffing (it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things as far as we know so far), I really dislike it being hidden & silent.[/quote] It would have been noted in our next update changelog. We want to be up-front with any changes we make! [/quote] I'm sorry to seem so cranky but [b]after the fact is [i]not[/i] up-front. [i]Up-front[/i] is up-front.[/b] When it happens or even before it happens is up-front. That is literally what up-front means. Please understand that an afterthought announcement after players are already freaking out about changes [i]does not help anyone.[/i] This update was a really big change to some of the most used parts of the game and it should have had its own update. Edit: or it could have gone into the flameforger's update or [i]something.[/i] It should have been more on-time and less after the fact.
Undel wrote on 2014-08-24 15:59:48:
Culex wrote on 2014-08-24 15:33:05:
While I honestly don't mind the buffing (it doesn't change much in the grand scheme of things as far as we know so far), I really dislike it being hidden & silent.

It would have been noted in our next update changelog. We want to be up-front with any changes we make!

I'm sorry to seem so cranky but after the fact is not up-front. Up-front is up-front.

When it happens or even before it happens is up-front. That is literally what up-front means.

Please understand that an afterthought announcement after players are already freaking out about changes does not help anyone. This update was a really big change to some of the most used parts of the game and it should have had its own update.

Edit: or it could have gone into the flameforger's update or something. It should have been more on-time and less after the fact.
[quote name="chuplayswithfire" date="2014-08-24 15:39:33"]Support! What's the point of fixing the augment stones so they actually work if we're just going to be punished with stronger enemies?[/quote] THIS.
chuplayswithfire wrote on 2014-08-24 15:39:33:
Support! What's the point of fixing the augment stones so they actually work if we're just going to be punished with stronger enemies?

THIS.
Support.

And I've even better idea if Admins seem to be on the path to make us disliking Coli and/or especially Kelp Beds- leave the buff on enemies it looks good on them but remove the augment stones completely.
Wouldn't it be even better and even more challenging?
Support.

And I've even better idea if Admins seem to be on the path to make us disliking Coli and/or especially Kelp Beds- leave the buff on enemies it looks good on them but remove the augment stones completely.
Wouldn't it be even better and even more challenging?
9RUCTKz.pngFBb49Y6.png
Support.
Support.
nature_banner.png yggdrasil.png nature_banner.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10