Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Familiar Suggestions
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 282 283
A meta familiar that's a person on a computer
A meta familiar that's a person on a computer

IMG_2205.png
IPU0tJf.pngxNSna4Q.png
So there was a conversation on the light discord about new ideas for festival fams.. and we came up with.. [I][b] Pet rocks with googly eyes. [/i][/b] (i think this has been said before?) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/141725444335599619/327145220443734027/unknown.png[/img] (art by @ScienceGal8) [s]plz don't hate me[/s]
So there was a conversation on the light discord about new ideas for festival fams..

and we came up with..

Pet rocks with googly eyes. (i think this has been said before?)

unknown.png
(art by @ScienceGal8)

plz don't hate me

FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.pngFYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png OqZ0Kdr.gif FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png
- songify
- she/her
- fr+0
FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png FYO6zEx.png
...I didn't know how much I needed a Pi Rat until now...

As far as my own ideas go... what about more familiars that are part elephant? We only have the Trunkers atm, and there's lots more directions you could go with them. Alternately, we don't have any lemurs that I know of.
...I didn't know how much I needed a Pi Rat until now...

As far as my own ideas go... what about more familiars that are part elephant? We only have the Trunkers atm, and there's lots more directions you could go with them. Alternately, we don't have any lemurs that I know of.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/aK5IgMJxcAk/maxresdefault.jpg[/img] I nominate... Dimetrodon! More recently, the reconstruction of Dimetrodon defines it's past trademark sail as only extending halfway up the spines, or maybe even nonexistent! P.S. It's NOT a dinosaur.
maxresdefault.jpg

I nominate... Dimetrodon! More recently, the reconstruction of Dimetrodon defines it's past trademark sail as only extending halfway up the spines, or maybe even nonexistent! P.S. It's NOT a dinosaur.

> My tumblr
> My AO3
X
An angry-looking night elf woman with short green hair and a burn scar on her left cheek, looking to the viewer's right.A night elf woman with purple facial tattoos and purple hair, looking at the viewer with a confident smirk.
she/her | 18+ | FR+2 | brain full of night elves
>> Avatar
>> I love pings!
>> PixelZ, not PixelS!
xxxdont%20feed%20the%20ai.gif
My suggestion is in regard to the Holiday Sprite debate. A Discussion post with more details can be found here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2216743/1 What if there was a second version of the holiday sprites? For example: Here we have the Arcane Sprite reading a book.[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/1779.png[/img] Suppose another version of this sprite was released, where the sprite was flying, or taking a nap? It would still be known as ‘Arcane Sprite’ in the Bestiary, (or possibly Arcane Sprite 2.) This new artwork of the sprite could be an unretired version. This way anyone who just wants [b][u]a[/u][/b] holiday sprite could get one without devaluing the original versions. Like owning a reprint of a book instead of a first edition.
My suggestion is in regard to the Holiday Sprite debate. A Discussion post with more details can be found here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/2216743/1

What if there was a second version of the holiday sprites? For example:

Here we have the Arcane Sprite reading a book.1779.png

Suppose another version of this sprite was released, where the sprite was flying, or taking a nap? It would still be known as ‘Arcane Sprite’ in the Bestiary, (or possibly Arcane Sprite 2.)

This new artwork of the sprite could be an unretired version. This way anyone who just wants a holiday sprite could get one without devaluing the original versions. Like owning a reprint of a book instead of a first edition.

tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gifpw4DoZq.giftumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif

3178.png9614.png17111.png26198.png38829.png44325.png
A little suggestion for future holiday familiars (seeing as the next cycle have already been decided on by now); I think it would be a nice idea to introduce elemental flight birds, each flight bird being of a different species that holds some sort of connotation with the flight it was representing (i.e. a nocturnal species for the Shadow flight).~
A little suggestion for future holiday familiars (seeing as the next cycle have already been decided on by now); I think it would be a nice idea to introduce elemental flight birds, each flight bird being of a different species that holds some sort of connotation with the flight it was representing (i.e. a nocturnal species for the Shadow flight).~
tak_adopt_by_sherushi_by_thepokemon123941-dabq36r.png
I'm sure others have suggested this already, but in case not, I'll write it here. I would love a Zodiac festival familiar collection. Since the festivals are monthly, it would fit perfectly. Have December/Sagittarius be for Night of the Nocturne. October/Scorpion would be especially great for Plague.
I'm sure others have suggested this already, but in case not, I'll write it here. I would love a Zodiac festival familiar collection. Since the festivals are monthly, it would fit perfectly. Have December/Sagittarius be for Night of the Nocturne. October/Scorpion would be especially great for Plague.
SunsetMagnum.jpgFjgpNYm.png1j6wDhn.pngreHWBXk.png
[quote name="Cutiepaws" date=2017-06-18 11:33:07] Hoping for the ultimate sewer bosses: Pie Rats! Giant rats with a lattice-patterned back and pirate wear. The description of one should be 3.14159265359etc (pi) as far as the text box allows :P the other one could maybe wear a slice of toast and be named "Inbread Pierat". Its description could be "Ratical!" or "I rodent eat that" They could also drop silly food items such as a spherical "HAMster" (description: this rodent is completely pointless, but that's how it rolls), a Tangerine (with the description "bred by splicing the singerine with the cosgerine"), Ratatouille, chocolate coins "a pie-rat's stash", and of course pies (could there be a pie-flavoured one?). The material drops could be math-related, such as graph paper (description could be a warning against "graphic content", or maybe "the owner of this might be plotting something"). Or maybe they could drop "Math Book of Sadness" with the description "it has too many problems and feels unwanted". Idk. Just throwing ideas around Could they drop one of those triangular pieces of cheese that rodents are so crazy about in cartoons maybe? "obtuse cheese" with the description "cutting it this way is just wrong" because obtuse triangles are never right Maybe the pie rat could use a ruler-trident as its weapon? Ruler of the seas? It could have a piece of pie on the fork... wait is this too much? Or, if all else fails, the descriptions of any items they drop could be in pirate speak [/quote] @cutiepaws holy cow, everything about this is awesome and I never knew I needed more math puns in my life. I would love to see these in the waterway! Great job!
Cutiepaws wrote on 2017-06-18:
Hoping for the ultimate sewer bosses: Pie Rats!

Giant rats with a lattice-patterned back and pirate wear. The description of one should be 3.14159265359etc (pi) as far as the text box allows :P

the other one could maybe wear a slice of toast and be named "Inbread Pierat". Its description could be "Ratical!" or "I rodent eat that"

They could also drop silly food items such as a spherical "HAMster" (description: this rodent is completely pointless, but that's how it rolls), a Tangerine (with the description "bred by splicing the singerine with the cosgerine"), Ratatouille, chocolate coins "a pie-rat's stash", and of course pies (could there be a pie-flavoured one?).

The material drops could be math-related, such as graph paper (description could be a warning against "graphic content", or maybe "the owner of this might be plotting something"). Or maybe they could drop "Math Book of Sadness" with the description "it has too many problems and feels unwanted". Idk. Just throwing ideas around

Could they drop one of those triangular pieces of cheese that rodents are so crazy about in cartoons maybe? "obtuse cheese" with the description "cutting it this way is just wrong" because obtuse triangles are never right

Maybe the pie rat could use a ruler-trident as its weapon? Ruler of the seas? It could have a piece of pie on the fork... wait is this too much?

Or, if all else fails, the descriptions of any items they drop could be in pirate speak

@cutiepaws

holy cow, everything about this is awesome and I never knew I needed more math puns in my life. I would love to see these in the waterway! Great job!
1D524Ag.png
Another suggestion for future holiday familiars...

OWLS. I LOVE OWLS. Lots and lots of owls
Barn owls
Pgymy owls
Screech owls
Barred owls
OWLLLESSSSSSS

I beg of you
Another suggestion for future holiday familiars...

OWLS. I LOVE OWLS. Lots and lots of owls
Barn owls
Pgymy owls
Screech owls
Barred owls
OWLLLESSSSSSS

I beg of you
Nothing here... IMG_2249.gif
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/2262775
Join this Raffle!
These are just stream of consciousness ideas, and therefore can be mixed and matching in any combination.

A suggestion about the retired familiars, one that could potentially solve the dwindling availability of the first year sprites as time goes on... what if retired familiars could be permanently marked in the bestiary once awakened? This would allow more people to part with their sprites to help keep them in circulation. Plenty of collectors will most likely still decide to keep their sprite set, but it would have the potential of keeping the pool of available sprites from dwindling to nothing in the future without going back on the promise that they would not be re-released.

This ability wouldn't necessarily have to be a free one. Perhaps you can buy slots that allow you to retain any awakened familiar of your choice in your bestiary even once you sell it. It could make a good treasure sink just like buying lair space. Maybe also impose a limit on the number of permanent bestiary entry slots you can buy to a couple over however many retired (not cycled) familiars there are. I'd be willing to pay 100kt+ for the ability to keep retired familiars in my bestiary so that they can be circulated. Maybe set the price of the slot to be a fair percentage of the average AH purchase price for that familiar to make it more fair? That way someone isn't paying the same price to keep it permanently in their inventory for a more common familiar as they are for a rare familiar. It might also be good to require that the familiar be in the inventory at the time of purchasing the slot.
These are just stream of consciousness ideas, and therefore can be mixed and matching in any combination.

A suggestion about the retired familiars, one that could potentially solve the dwindling availability of the first year sprites as time goes on... what if retired familiars could be permanently marked in the bestiary once awakened? This would allow more people to part with their sprites to help keep them in circulation. Plenty of collectors will most likely still decide to keep their sprite set, but it would have the potential of keeping the pool of available sprites from dwindling to nothing in the future without going back on the promise that they would not be re-released.

This ability wouldn't necessarily have to be a free one. Perhaps you can buy slots that allow you to retain any awakened familiar of your choice in your bestiary even once you sell it. It could make a good treasure sink just like buying lair space. Maybe also impose a limit on the number of permanent bestiary entry slots you can buy to a couple over however many retired (not cycled) familiars there are. I'd be willing to pay 100kt+ for the ability to keep retired familiars in my bestiary so that they can be circulated. Maybe set the price of the slot to be a fair percentage of the average AH purchase price for that familiar to make it more fair? That way someone isn't paying the same price to keep it permanently in their inventory for a more common familiar as they are for a rare familiar. It might also be good to require that the familiar be in the inventory at the time of purchasing the slot.
⁜tumblr_inline_ouqpdrcHmm1r2ao8y_540.png2HL2oNl.png puLeaDq.png 1QgVVA1.png tumblr_inline_ouqpdrX4gg1r2ao8y_540.png⁜
1 2 ... 149 150 151 152 153 ... 282 283