Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | New Kickstarter
1 2 3 4 5
@thecatsred

Are you using echecks? You can find out exactly how paypal is doing your transsactions by going into your account. Echecks are like a regular written check. Basically Paypal has to verify that you have the funds available in your bank account before the money can be transferred over and sent to the company receiving the payment. This can take from 3 up to 7 days. I had that years ago and got rid of it. If you set it to directly pull it from your bank account, it shouldn't take more then 5 minutes to activate.

Echecks and credit cards take longer. I have mine set to link directly to my bank account.

You can set that in your payment method options on your account. Make sure it's linked to your bank account and not a credit card or something else.
@thecatsred

Are you using echecks? You can find out exactly how paypal is doing your transsactions by going into your account. Echecks are like a regular written check. Basically Paypal has to verify that you have the funds available in your bank account before the money can be transferred over and sent to the company receiving the payment. This can take from 3 up to 7 days. I had that years ago and got rid of it. If you set it to directly pull it from your bank account, it shouldn't take more then 5 minutes to activate.

Echecks and credit cards take longer. I have mine set to link directly to my bank account.

You can set that in your payment method options on your account. Make sure it's linked to your bank account and not a credit card or something else.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

Unfortunately, paypal will not let me change my payment method (even though I'm set up directly through my bank) and at checkout through FR, there is no other option for me to click. I guess I just have to deal with it.

ets: this is the message I get when I go to check out, and the only option I have -

Pay with
[Name] Bank x-acc# $5.00 USD

eChecks take 3-5 business days to process. We advise merchants not to ship until they receive payment.
@Rangiku

Unfortunately, paypal will not let me change my payment method (even though I'm set up directly through my bank) and at checkout through FR, there is no other option for me to click. I guess I just have to deal with it.

ets: this is the message I get when I go to check out, and the only option I have -

Pay with
[Name] Bank x-acc# $5.00 USD

eChecks take 3-5 business days to process. We advise merchants not to ship until they receive payment.

@thecatsred

Hmmm... It sounds like you're not verified. Does your account state you have been verified or does it say otherwise? And is your account either business, personal or premier as a status? If no, this probably explains why you're stuck on perpetual echeck.

Without being verified, you are limited to how much you can spend, receive, transfer and send to other people. And once you hit a 'capoff' point, you are stuck proving you are over 18, are the owner of said bank account and have to sign and send papers. It's a lengthy, pain in the arse process. I've had to do this twice in the past and it sucked.
@thecatsred

Hmmm... It sounds like you're not verified. Does your account state you have been verified or does it say otherwise? And is your account either business, personal or premier as a status? If no, this probably explains why you're stuck on perpetual echeck.

Without being verified, you are limited to how much you can spend, receive, transfer and send to other people. And once you hit a 'capoff' point, you are stuck proving you are over 18, are the owner of said bank account and have to sign and send papers. It's a lengthy, pain in the arse process. I've had to do this twice in the past and it sucked.
Z9y97hI.pngfmncwKc.pngIIqCc0y.png
@Rangiku

I really like this idea. Have you considered making your own suggestion thread? I'd happily throw money at FR if they did something like that.
@Rangiku

I really like this idea. Have you considered making your own suggestion thread? I'd happily throw money at FR if they did something like that.
So a couple people have mentioned that throwing money at the site wouldn't solve anything....I don't find that logic to be sound at all. If you have no money to pay someone to do something, well, lets just say that I have yet to find a task that gets itself done.

Money thrown at the site could get another few hands hired, which means more even distribution of work, which ultimately does mean more things done in less time. Which means more time for bigger and better things.

So in the end shinier dragons and more awesome stuff. Which was made possible by the successful implementation of money. It may not be able to buy you love, but you could definitely improve/add/spice up/streamline/unkink this website with more money.
So a couple people have mentioned that throwing money at the site wouldn't solve anything....I don't find that logic to be sound at all. If you have no money to pay someone to do something, well, lets just say that I have yet to find a task that gets itself done.

Money thrown at the site could get another few hands hired, which means more even distribution of work, which ultimately does mean more things done in less time. Which means more time for bigger and better things.

So in the end shinier dragons and more awesome stuff. Which was made possible by the successful implementation of money. It may not be able to buy you love, but you could definitely improve/add/spice up/streamline/unkink this website with more money.
[quote name="Kajira" date="2013-12-02 21:31:30"]So a couple people have mentioned that throwing money at the site wouldn't solve anything....I don't find that logic to be sound at all. If you have no money to pay someone to do something, well, lets just say that I have yet to find a task that gets itself done. [/quote] Yeah, this. FR is too big for such a small admin team. You need more people, please accept it. Honestly, I was very surprised to see you have a lead artist making news posts. Hiring someone to handle PR has been suggested before, and I have to preach to the choir - it would really only help you in the long run if if you had someone completely dedicated to handle user feedback and making announcements/newspost. In the ideal setting they could also take notes in the suggestions forums/other places where there may be feedback, and if it looks like something is getting a lot of support, maybe reply with a simple "thank you for the suggestions, we hear you and are going to bring this up in the next meeting" message. Something that really lets us know that you hear our feedback and appreciate it (naturally actions are better than words, but actions take time, and the crowds are impatient). I've read that the mods stay silent because it kills the conversation, but I don't really see how doing the previous would cause that. You probably want to be, as a team, as close to your user-base by being very personal and that is a nice thought, but it doesn't always work in practice. If you had someone to handle PR, the people in charge of their respective areas could focus more on their own fields. Making gem-buying more tempting (and thus bringing more money to the site) is a must. I really like the monthly familiar or some other item that was already suggested (Subeta has something like this too, pretty similar to the Gaia Online example mentioned earlier). We already have special holiday apparel and familiars at the end of each month, so if something like this was implemented, maybe publish the monthly items at the beginning/middle of each month? Also seconding everything @ thecatsred said on page 2 Hey @ Weenyah, perhaps you could edit the first post with some of the ideas that have come up here? (and maybe edit the header too if a kickstarter isn't something possible to do)? c:
Kajira wrote on 2013-12-02 21:31:30:
Yeah, this.

FR is too big for such a small admin team. You need more people, please accept it.

Honestly, I was very surprised to see you have a lead artist making news posts. Hiring someone to handle PR has been suggested before, and I have to preach to the choir - it would really only help you in the long run if if you had someone completely dedicated to handle user feedback and making announcements/newspost.
In the ideal setting they could also take notes in the suggestions forums/other places where there may be feedback, and if it looks like something is getting a lot of support, maybe reply with a simple "thank you for the suggestions, we hear you and are going to bring this up in the next meeting" message. Something that really lets us know that you hear our feedback and appreciate it (naturally actions are better than words, but actions take time, and the crowds are impatient).
I've read that the mods stay silent because it kills the conversation, but I don't really see how doing the previous would cause that.

You probably want to be, as a team, as close to your user-base by being very personal and that is a nice thought, but it doesn't always work in practice. If you had someone to handle PR, the people in charge of their respective areas could focus more on their own fields.

Making gem-buying more tempting (and thus bringing more money to the site) is a must.
I really like the monthly familiar or some other item that was already suggested (Subeta has something like this too, pretty similar to the Gaia Online example mentioned earlier).
We already have special holiday apparel and familiars at the end of each month, so if something like this was implemented, maybe publish the monthly items at the beginning/middle of each month?

Also seconding everything @ thecatsred said on page 2

Hey @ Weenyah, perhaps you could edit the first post with some of the ideas that have come up here? (and maybe edit the header too if a kickstarter isn't something possible to do)? c:
Ummm, I kinda support this :3 But only really for the fact that it would eventually help the FR economy :3
Ummm, I kinda support this :3 But only really for the fact that it would eventually help the FR economy :3
Seeking Old Dragons! Forever collecting October 1st 2013 dragons. Previously BeingOfNature
anim_86a53b49-f48f-6cb4-b922-5902a73d3a36.gif
Old Art Thread
3DS FC: 0259-0316-2794 Pokemon Y
To shed a little light on this, a second KS unlikely/unnecessary at the moment. New items for the gem shop every now and then + ad revenue are our long-term plans for keeping the site in the black and able to pay its programmers and artists. No one can ever know with 100% surety what the future will bring, so if there were ever a mini-project within the site that a Kickstarter would be applicable for, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I think a lot of the excitement for a new Kickstarters stems from people wanting to get some spiffy limited items (I think we can make the happen without needing to fund-raise!) and to be a part of an FR Kickstarter if they missed the first one.

Re: Imp Scrolls - Imperial scrolls will never be re-released. Doing so would be a broken promise. If we were to ever do a Kickstarter, they would consist of new rewards, not re-releasing retired items. :)

We're working on new optimizations and are spending much of our revenue on programming. While some have noted a speed increase on the site, very few back-end speed/performance optimizations have yet been pushed from the test server to the live server. We are very excited to work on getting these live as soon as the holiday season is over and LS returns from holiday. Good things like open registration are very likely to follow a successful deployment of the optimizations: They should drastically reduce server load, allowing us to keep the doors open and the site's player base to grow without affecting existing players so severely.

Thank you for the interest and suggestions. It is good food for thought.
To shed a little light on this, a second KS unlikely/unnecessary at the moment. New items for the gem shop every now and then + ad revenue are our long-term plans for keeping the site in the black and able to pay its programmers and artists. No one can ever know with 100% surety what the future will bring, so if there were ever a mini-project within the site that a Kickstarter would be applicable for, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I think a lot of the excitement for a new Kickstarters stems from people wanting to get some spiffy limited items (I think we can make the happen without needing to fund-raise!) and to be a part of an FR Kickstarter if they missed the first one.

Re: Imp Scrolls - Imperial scrolls will never be re-released. Doing so would be a broken promise. If we were to ever do a Kickstarter, they would consist of new rewards, not re-releasing retired items. :)

We're working on new optimizations and are spending much of our revenue on programming. While some have noted a speed increase on the site, very few back-end speed/performance optimizations have yet been pushed from the test server to the live server. We are very excited to work on getting these live as soon as the holiday season is over and LS returns from holiday. Good things like open registration are very likely to follow a successful deployment of the optimizations: They should drastically reduce server load, allowing us to keep the doors open and the site's player base to grow without affecting existing players so severely.

Thank you for the interest and suggestions. It is good food for thought.
1. Put up an option on the site to donate.

2. Do an Indiegogo if Kickstarter won't let you refund. BUT YES DO THIS. Give some incentives and let people fund better servers so you can re-open the signups, increase the player base and save this awesome site from a slow decline! PLEASE do this! *I read Undel's post that I didn't notice before posting XD*

3. Something enticing in the Gem market that you can't get with treasure like... change tert COLOR scroll. Make it expensive. You'd sell them because people would want that SO MUCH. Not a prime and sec also, just a tert scroll imo. Maybe a new gene that is only available in Gem Market?

4. THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE UNDEL! It makes me so happy as a player to hear some response from the FR team! Thank you!
1. Put up an option on the site to donate.

2. Do an Indiegogo if Kickstarter won't let you refund. BUT YES DO THIS. Give some incentives and let people fund better servers so you can re-open the signups, increase the player base and save this awesome site from a slow decline! PLEASE do this! *I read Undel's post that I didn't notice before posting XD*

3. Something enticing in the Gem market that you can't get with treasure like... change tert COLOR scroll. Make it expensive. You'd sell them because people would want that SO MUCH. Not a prime and sec also, just a tert scroll imo. Maybe a new gene that is only available in Gem Market?

4. THANK YOU FOR THE UPDATE UNDEL! It makes me so happy as a player to hear some response from the FR team! Thank you!
7HydpTe.png jFhVofF.png
If I may add my two cents to this
I know this topic is a little dated but I think weenyah is on the right road, but kickstarter is not the right option. But what I have seen other people use (this is an example) might be a better route: http://www.patreon.com/Jakkal

A person can pledge money every week to their cause and with each amount mile stone a new feature or what have you opens up. It's a ongoing kickstarter basically. I know undel mentioned they want to survive with gems and ad revenue but this could be a temporary solution until that option is more viable. :)
If I may add my two cents to this
I know this topic is a little dated but I think weenyah is on the right road, but kickstarter is not the right option. But what I have seen other people use (this is an example) might be a better route: http://www.patreon.com/Jakkal

A person can pledge money every week to their cause and with each amount mile stone a new feature or what have you opens up. It's a ongoing kickstarter basically. I know undel mentioned they want to survive with gems and ad revenue but this could be a temporary solution until that option is more viable. :)
1 2 3 4 5