Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | Starfall Contest Q&A, Discussion
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25
@Taarnfalk Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! ^ᵕ^
@Taarnfalk Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! ^ᵕ^
tumblr_inline_nvbbg2F5yT1tucxll_540.png
[quote name="Tokagero" date="2013-09-11 10:32:47"]@SilverBeast you don't need one. just upload the image to photobucket and post it in the submission thread.[/quote] I know how to get as far as Photobucket but after that i'm lost. oh well, these submissions are all super awesome anyways i have already lost this competition xD
Tokagero wrote on 2013-09-11 10:32:47:
@SilverBeast you don't need one. just upload the image to photobucket and post it in the submission thread.

I know how to get as far as Photobucket but after that i'm lost. oh well, these submissions are all super awesome anyways i have already lost this competition xD
//flies off into the sun
Wow thank you @Taarnfalk it's great to hear that you like it :D
Wow thank you @Taarnfalk it's great to hear that you like it :D
1zyxzkl.gif
@Amalythia i'm working on a Mirror skin, not going too well though :(
@Amalythia i'm working on a Mirror skin, not going too well though :(
Darkdenizensv4simple.png84ruMI5.pngYrk2o3M.pnggekDtXY.pngDarkdenizensv4simple.png

FMA02Pn.png1603_150px_dokvganryuu_by_miirshroom_dcg815s_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dcgicgg.png

locke.png

s9UvQy2.png bgwVYfC.pngAQiesuo.png wmhOuud.pngTIdHmed.pnggJ53DWo.pngIsTvVEx.pngfzjG4Xp.png

dokvganryuu_by_xzcelestialxbalaurzx-dc10pes.png
Oh my god why must faes be so small! I wanted to make a skin for a girl, but I want to do domethig with facial markings and just nope! ._. Huh this makes me think, I wonder if we'll ever see a pixelated look on a skin? That would be cool. Also: [quote name="Dogslug" date="2013-09-10 21:13:44"]My first entry, Cosmic Debris: [url=http://i.imgur.com/bMRBfhm.png] [img]http://i.imgur.com/WIolTpA.png[/img] [/url][/quote] Oh my god if this doesn't make it I will cry. ;_; I want iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
Oh my god why must faes be so small! I wanted to make a skin for a girl, but I want to do domethig with facial markings and just nope! ._. Huh this makes me think, I wonder if we'll ever see a pixelated look on a skin? That would be cool.

Also:
Dogslug wrote on 2013-09-10 21:13:44:
My first entry, Cosmic Debris:

WIolTpA.png

Oh my god if this doesn't make it I will cry. ;_; I want iiiiiiiiiiiiiit!
[quote name="EisenDragoon" date="2013-09-11 01:49:05"][i]Story Teller[/i] [img]http://i.imgur.com/hBsyWqa.png[/img][/quote] [quote name="Sinestress" date="2013-09-11 05:11:41"][b]Born Anarchist[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/SQGJbO0.png[/img][/quote] These two guys. I need them in my lair. ASAP.
EisenDragoon wrote on 2013-09-11 01:49:05:
Story Teller
hBsyWqa.png
Sinestress wrote on 2013-09-11 05:11:41:
Born Anarchist
SQGJbO0.png
These two guys. I need them in my lair. ASAP.
5p3axy.jpg
There are so many great entries I feel completely intimidated... but I'm gonna do it anyway!
There are so many great entries I feel completely intimidated... but I'm gonna do it anyway!
b_by_cas_a_fras-d9hbh7h.pngtts_by_cas_a_fras-d9hcuds.png
[quote name="Darketernity" date="2013-09-11 03:14:46"][quote name="JetBlackSteel" date="2013-09-11 03:06:17"]@Darketernity I believe taking a pic off of Google Images and using it on the the dragon is against contest rules.[/quote] @JetBlackSteel It's obviously against the rules, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it's being done on an overlay layer/as a texture/semi transparent. The greatest issue is that 99% you won't be able to tell what individuals have taken it from because the reverse image search won't pick it up. I think there's a lot of validity in one person saying on my deviantart that the great majority of skins here look more like wallpapers than skins. A copy and paste of a star texture here, a star texture there. A semi transparent layer of opacity. @EisenDragoon is absolutely correct. The vast majority of skins look more like a photomanip/gif edit. In any case, it has to be said that RE the texture brushes: the majority are made from photos/stock photos or fractals. Pretty simple to do.[/quote] I did use a photo but I checked rules first and all I saw was that you cant use copyrighted pics. so i made absolute certain that I found a picture without a copyright. After that there was still a lot to do to keep it from just looking like a drawing of a dragon stuck over a photo. I wanted it to look more like a wrapped car or painted dragon :) and thank you Taarnfalk I'm glad you like it!
Darketernity wrote on 2013-09-11 03:14:46:
JetBlackSteel wrote on 2013-09-11 03:06:17:
@Darketernity
I believe taking a pic off of Google Images and using it on the the dragon is against contest rules.
@JetBlackSteel
It's obviously against the rules, but it doesn't take a genius to see that it's being done on an overlay layer/as a texture/semi transparent. The greatest issue is that 99% you won't be able to tell what individuals have taken it from because the reverse image search won't pick it up.

I think there's a lot of validity in one person saying on my deviantart that the great majority of skins here look more like wallpapers than skins. A copy and paste of a star texture here, a star texture there. A semi transparent layer of opacity.

@EisenDragoon is absolutely correct. The vast majority of skins look more like a photomanip/gif edit.

In any case, it has to be said that RE the texture brushes: the majority are made from photos/stock photos or fractals. Pretty simple to do.

I did use a photo but I checked rules first and all I saw was that you cant use copyrighted pics. so i made absolute certain that I found a picture without a copyright. After that there was still a lot to do to keep it from just looking like a drawing of a dragon stuck over a photo. I wanted it to look more like a wrapped car or painted dragon :)

and thank you Taarnfalk I'm glad you like it!
Pink, stars and nebulas everywhere lol OuO'" So yeah um. These caught my eye [quote name="Dysnomia" date="2013-09-10 08:30:04"] [b]"Starborn"[/b] Skydancers Female: [IMG]http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/xLadyxFelinex/FlightRising/DragonSkins/ContestSubmissions/Starborn-Female_zpsde04aeab.png[/IMG] [/quote] [quote name="LyonRyder" date="2013-09-10 10:18:01"] [IMG]http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a626/LyonRyder/skyfallspirit_zps66787330.png[/IMG][/URL] And this one "starfall spirit"[/quote] [quote name="Arccy" date="2013-09-10 10:58:42"]SuperNova [img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/43e398163404419d0eab8744f56f3cce/tumblr_mrz90pf9o11scryu0o1_400.png[/img][/quote] [quote name="Sinestress" date="2013-09-11 05:11:41"][b]Born Anarchist[/b] I'm a noob on this site, but when i saw this contest i went all out. It took me two nights to finish this dragon, so quite a few hours..... I coloured it all by leaving the pearl layer and the shadow layer alone entirely, and just focusing all night in to the morning. currently it's 5:09....am.....I REGRET NOTHING [img]http://i.imgur.com/SQGJbO0.png[/img] [/quote] But having seen one i want so bad...? neh :P Good luck everyone!
Pink, stars and nebulas everywhere lol OuO'"
So yeah um.
These caught my eye
Dysnomia wrote on 2013-09-10 08:30:04:

"Starborn" Skydancers

Female:
Starborn-Female_zpsde04aeab.png
LyonRyder wrote on 2013-09-10 10:18:01:
skyfallspirit_zps66787330.png[/URL]
And this one "starfall spirit"
Arccy wrote on 2013-09-10 10:58:42:
SuperNova
tumblr_mrz90pf9o11scryu0o1_400.png
Sinestress wrote on 2013-09-11 05:11:41:
Born Anarchist

I'm a noob on this site, but when i saw this contest i went all out. It took me two nights to finish this dragon, so quite a few hours.....

I coloured it all by leaving the pearl layer and the shadow layer alone entirely, and just focusing all night in to the morning. currently it's 5:09....am.....I REGRET NOTHING

SQGJbO0.png
But having seen one i want so bad...? neh :P
Good luck everyone!
Hey, does anyone have an idea why my photoshop might show colors a lot more bright an reddish than they actualy are? It's kind of a problem right now. (What I mean is that even in the color picker the most grey colors still look brownish, and once I save it, it become washed out and bluish?) I wanna make a reaaaaaaally bright snapper and this makes it really hard.
Hey, does anyone have an idea why my photoshop might show colors a lot more bright an reddish than they actualy are? It's kind of a problem right now. (What I mean is that even in the color picker the most grey colors still look brownish, and once I save it, it become washed out and bluish?) I wanna make a reaaaaaaally bright snapper and this makes it really hard.
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 24 25