Back

Skins and Accents

Share and sell your skin creations with other players.
TOPIC | [T]Skin and Accent Problems
1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 33 ... 1140 1141
@suburbansamurai I've reduced transparency again and resubmitted, hopefully it'll be enough. Thanks for the help!
@suburbansamurai I've reduced transparency again and resubmitted, hopefully it'll be enough. Thanks for the help!
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
Sorry to be a bother but my Female Pearlcatcher accent shows a Nocturne rather than a Pearlcatcher in the icon:
Sorry to be a bother but my Female Pearlcatcher accent shows a Nocturne rather than a Pearlcatcher in the icon:
@Archaic Fixed.

@Monarque We use the histogram option in Photoshop to determine pixel coverage, but since it doesn't take into account partial transparency, we have to make judgement calls on that. Fantasia covers around 38% of the dragon, taking into account the transparencies included in the design. Removing the part of the design that covers the fur at the end of the tail (or an equivalent amount) would reduce it to an acceptable size.
@Archaic Fixed.

@Monarque We use the histogram option in Photoshop to determine pixel coverage, but since it doesn't take into account partial transparency, we have to make judgement calls on that. Fantasia covers around 38% of the dragon, taking into account the transparencies included in the design. Removing the part of the design that covers the fur at the end of the tail (or an equivalent amount) would reduce it to an acceptable size.
@SuburbanSamurai how do you use the histogram for that? the whole thing make me confused... would love to be able to know the % without disturbing staffs. And this is the current project in concern... I need to know if this considered accent or skin: [img]http://www.aorchard.com/sites/default/files/images/pestilenceinfestationtest2.png[/img]
@SuburbanSamurai how do you use the histogram for that? the whole thing make me confused... would love to be able to know the % without disturbing staffs.

And this is the current project in concern... I need to know if this considered accent or skin:
pestilenceinfestationtest2.png
shopT.gifIAVsupb.pngy7TyMJF.png
I tried submitting what I thought would be an accent on the Female Nocturne, but it covers too much of the dragon. So I have two questions:

1. How can one be sure if what they create is less than 30% coverage area?

2. Since it was suggested I make it a skin instead, is there a way to return the accent bundle pack that i bought for 2500 gems so that I can buy the skin pack instead? It's almost like there needs to be a way to submit skins / accents for approval prior to purchasing the items; in case there is an issue.
I tried submitting what I thought would be an accent on the Female Nocturne, but it covers too much of the dragon. So I have two questions:

1. How can one be sure if what they create is less than 30% coverage area?

2. Since it was suggested I make it a skin instead, is there a way to return the accent bundle pack that i bought for 2500 gems so that I can buy the skin pack instead? It's almost like there needs to be a way to submit skins / accents for approval prior to purchasing the items; in case there is an issue.
mlHpBMC.png
Wind-Network.png
YMPbu9R.png

Hi ! I just got my accent back and the icon has the wrong image on it. Could it be changed to show a female guardian instead? :)

Hi ! I just got my accent back and the icon has the wrong image on it. Could it be changed to show a female guardian instead? :)
PLsXc6R.pngoqJOUWP.pngV1aKd52.png
@SuburbanSamurai [img]http://i.imgur.com/QSjgogD.png[/img] Here is the correct version of the accent. The name and everything was the same, I just grabbed the wrong file :p
@SuburbanSamurai

QSjgogD.png

Here is the correct version of the accent. The name and everything was the same, I just grabbed the wrong file :p

@Monarque As standard, we don't do pre-queue approvals to avoid doubling workload.

@rosedragoness @BluePhoenix Any ideas for changing current skin queue submission policy would need to be submitted to the suggestions forums. I do have some directions for using the histogram:

USING THE HISTOGRAM

In Photoshop, merge the ink, shadow, and color layers of a template into one layer and then reduce to 350x350 pixels, and then set the histogram to 'selected layer'. The histogram palette will now list the total pixels of the dragon next to where it says 'Pixels:'. Multiply that number by .30 to get 30% of that dragon's coverage. That's the number you should not exceed.

As a note, using the lasso selection tool throws off the histogram's measurement so you should not have a lasso selection going while using the histogram. Also do not control+click on the layer.

Things get a bit fuzzy when it comes to transparency, but if you have an accent that is 10% opaque and lays across 60% of the image, that is acceptable because you're not using the full pixel allotment. However, the histogram does not take opacity into account, so we use a combination of histogram + our own judgement to determine what is and is not 30% or less coverage. Note that you can submit designs that cover 31-99% of the dragon, but you must do so as a skin blueprint, not an accent.
@Monarque As standard, we don't do pre-queue approvals to avoid doubling workload.

@rosedragoness @BluePhoenix Any ideas for changing current skin queue submission policy would need to be submitted to the suggestions forums. I do have some directions for using the histogram:

USING THE HISTOGRAM

In Photoshop, merge the ink, shadow, and color layers of a template into one layer and then reduce to 350x350 pixels, and then set the histogram to 'selected layer'. The histogram palette will now list the total pixels of the dragon next to where it says 'Pixels:'. Multiply that number by .30 to get 30% of that dragon's coverage. That's the number you should not exceed.

As a note, using the lasso selection tool throws off the histogram's measurement so you should not have a lasso selection going while using the histogram. Also do not control+click on the layer.

Things get a bit fuzzy when it comes to transparency, but if you have an accent that is 10% opaque and lays across 60% of the image, that is acceptable because you're not using the full pixel allotment. However, the histogram does not take opacity into account, so we use a combination of histogram + our own judgement to determine what is and is not 30% or less coverage. Note that you can submit designs that cover 31-99% of the dragon, but you must do so as a skin blueprint, not an accent.
@Beex Fixed.

@thecatsred Replaced.
@Beex Fixed.

@thecatsred Replaced.
@SuburbanSamurai

Can I change the name of an accent?

Skin #7986

Currently named: Accent: Gold Filigree Plating M
Changed to: Accent: Gold Filigree Plates M

Thanks, if you can! :)
@SuburbanSamurai

Can I change the name of an accent?