Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP Training Grounds (open, all welcome!)
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 2293 2294
Listening intently to the Guardian, Senet wiggled excitedly. "Ammi's fun t'climb~" He chirped. But the mention of a game had him wiggling even more, and when she lifted her paw, he leaped to it, his wings fluttering in a rapid, uncoordinated pattern. Landing safely, he bounced in place, wings still fluttering madly. "I flied! Ammi, I flied!"

Slowly relaxing until his belly touched the ground, Ammitai breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes. You did." Wings drooping until they touched the ground, the poor Ridgeback at least looked more ease now. "Thank you, friend. I'm Ammitai, he's Senet. We're new to our clan, and he... follows me everywhere." He snorted in amusement, much happier with Senet no longer climbing around on him.

Finally folding his wings to his back, Senet chirped proudly to himself before turning around to look at the Guardian holding him. "Play a game? Good game?"

(( @ChariHunter Ohmigosh, I got so excited to see the notification for this! I've been wanting to get into RP here but I was so nervous about it, lol.))
Listening intently to the Guardian, Senet wiggled excitedly. "Ammi's fun t'climb~" He chirped. But the mention of a game had him wiggling even more, and when she lifted her paw, he leaped to it, his wings fluttering in a rapid, uncoordinated pattern. Landing safely, he bounced in place, wings still fluttering madly. "I flied! Ammi, I flied!"

Slowly relaxing until his belly touched the ground, Ammitai breathed a sigh of relief. "Yes. You did." Wings drooping until they touched the ground, the poor Ridgeback at least looked more ease now. "Thank you, friend. I'm Ammitai, he's Senet. We're new to our clan, and he... follows me everywhere." He snorted in amusement, much happier with Senet no longer climbing around on him.

Finally folding his wings to his back, Senet chirped proudly to himself before turning around to look at the Guardian holding him. "Play a game? Good game?"

(( @ChariHunter Ohmigosh, I got so excited to see the notification for this! I've been wanting to get into RP here but I was so nervous about it, lol.))
am back after a long absence
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
Keiden nodded and looked at Ammitai. "I'm Keiden. Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm quite old in my den." Pausing to think about what to say she scratched at her horns for a moment. "What land do you hail from? I come from a water den. Sorry if I smell of fish."

She set Senet down, unfolding one wing and shook the hanging beads like toys. "You had a very good flight little Senet. Want to try flying some more?"

(@FlyingKnight Oh I know! I figured it seemed dead so it was time to give it new life! Epic dragons btw!)
Keiden nodded and looked at Ammitai. "I'm Keiden. Its a pleasure to meet you. I'm quite old in my den." Pausing to think about what to say she scratched at her horns for a moment. "What land do you hail from? I come from a water den. Sorry if I smell of fish."

She set Senet down, unfolding one wing and shook the hanging beads like toys. "You had a very good flight little Senet. Want to try flying some more?"

(@FlyingKnight Oh I know! I figured it seemed dead so it was time to give it new life! Epic dragons btw!)
Folding his wings back again, Ammitai shrugged one shoulder. "Fish isn't an unpleasant smell." He grinned a little. "We're both from a Wind clan, originally. We were lucky enough to move to another Wind clan. The Matriarch wanted some new bloodlines in the clan, so we aren't the only recent additions."

Senet chirped happily, green eyes watching Keiden's beads. "Yep! I'mma be the bestest flier in the clan!" Crouching, he wiggled like a little kitten preparing to pounce, and then leaped, reaching for a bead, his wings fluttering madly. Missing, he landed lightly and giggled, preparing to jump again.

(( @ChariHunter Hahah, thanks. Senet's colors aren't ones that usually appeal to me, but he was just too cute to resist. Ammitai's the first ridgie I couldn't resist buying. I'm just so glad to be able to RP here, it's a great distraction from RL.))
Folding his wings back again, Ammitai shrugged one shoulder. "Fish isn't an unpleasant smell." He grinned a little. "We're both from a Wind clan, originally. We were lucky enough to move to another Wind clan. The Matriarch wanted some new bloodlines in the clan, so we aren't the only recent additions."

Senet chirped happily, green eyes watching Keiden's beads. "Yep! I'mma be the bestest flier in the clan!" Crouching, he wiggled like a little kitten preparing to pounce, and then leaped, reaching for a bead, his wings fluttering madly. Missing, he landed lightly and giggled, preparing to jump again.

(( @ChariHunter Hahah, thanks. Senet's colors aren't ones that usually appeal to me, but he was just too cute to resist. Ammitai's the first ridgie I couldn't resist buying. I'm just so glad to be able to RP here, it's a great distraction from RL.))
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
Keiden nodded and lowered her wing to let Senet catch a bead. "How wonderful! I bet you'll fly so high you could meet the Windsinger!"

Reaching back behind her other wing Keiden pulled out a bit of kelp and growled. "The kelp has been growing so fast this year. It really gets caught on you when you try to swim. What role do you play to your den? Even a new dragon should have a place."

(@FlyingKnight oh gosh. I keep going to put a space between your name! It really is fun to get into your dragons mind and forget life for a while. How are you?)
Keiden nodded and lowered her wing to let Senet catch a bead. "How wonderful! I bet you'll fly so high you could meet the Windsinger!"

Reaching back behind her other wing Keiden pulled out a bit of kelp and growled. "The kelp has been growing so fast this year. It really gets caught on you when you try to swim. What role do you play to your den? Even a new dragon should have a place."

(@FlyingKnight oh gosh. I keep going to put a space between your name! It really is fun to get into your dragons mind and forget life for a while. How are you?)
Hattori glided onto the top of the narrow stone column utterly exhausted. It had taken several days of hard flying to get to the meeting place but after so long he had reached it, and it was a sight to behold. Dragons of all colours, clans and creed all gathered together to appreciate each other's company. The tiny fae was a little daunted at the prospect of the strange giants. Still, he had faced worse in his time.

The clan needed friends and whisper of a gathering had drifted across their ears, thus Zealot had sent Hattori to investigate these claims. He almost didn't believe his eyes. Here it was, greater even than their own clan's gatherings.

Hattori was the colour of the night, his eyes born of shadow and scarred. A remnant of a near miss with a death stag. He had never underestimated them again.

He turned off his deep red lantern light and faded into the black of the background. Waiting for an opening. Although fae had difficulty in communication he hoped that his own little project would be of use. Despite his monotone and their lack of frills Hattori managed to communicate with the other dragons of his clan well enough. He hoped his technique would work here...

He flitted down from the rock and across the gathering taking it all in and settled back down on the rock again to wait.

(What's up. Eager to try out this character. I love faes and I think I've got a good way of in roleplay communication for them due to their lack of tone... Let me know what folks think if I get to do it.)
Hattori glided onto the top of the narrow stone column utterly exhausted. It had taken several days of hard flying to get to the meeting place but after so long he had reached it, and it was a sight to behold. Dragons of all colours, clans and creed all gathered together to appreciate each other's company. The tiny fae was a little daunted at the prospect of the strange giants. Still, he had faced worse in his time.

The clan needed friends and whisper of a gathering had drifted across their ears, thus Zealot had sent Hattori to investigate these claims. He almost didn't believe his eyes. Here it was, greater even than their own clan's gatherings.

Hattori was the colour of the night, his eyes born of shadow and scarred. A remnant of a near miss with a death stag. He had never underestimated them again.

He turned off his deep red lantern light and faded into the black of the background. Waiting for an opening. Although fae had difficulty in communication he hoped that his own little project would be of use. Despite his monotone and their lack of frills Hattori managed to communicate with the other dragons of his clan well enough. He hoped his technique would work here...

He flitted down from the rock and across the gathering taking it all in and settled back down on the rock again to wait.

(What's up. Eager to try out this character. I love faes and I think I've got a good way of in roleplay communication for them due to their lack of tone... Let me know what folks think if I get to do it.)
That guy who's constantly broke and can't find the fun in this site.
Senet squeaked excitedly as he leaped and caught a bead, hanging on and giggling wildly as his wings fluttered. "Meet the Singer? Yeahyeah!" He chirped excitedly.

Ammitai rumbled thoughtfully. "I haven't found a place yet, but the Matriarch did ask me to look after Senet... It's alright when he isn't climbing on me. I worry that he'll slip and hurt himself on one of my spines. The other hatchlings aren't so fond of climbing on me." He murmured softly.

((@ChariHunter Hahaha, I do that when trying to log in sometimes. xD I'm better than I was yesterday. I've been dealing with chronic back pain since around Thanksgiving and I can't work because of it. Right now I don't have health insurance so I can't see an orthopedic doc about it, which also means I can't file for disability since I can't get medical documentation. I at least have pain meds to take the worst of the pain away. I don't need them much so long as I don't walk too much, and bleh. Pretty dragons and roleplay are a welcome distraction. Ammi and Senet are part of a bunch of pretties I bought Friday evening to cheer myself up with. I blew a bunch of treasure buying them but I dun currrrrr man. Pretties.
Senet squeaked excitedly as he leaped and caught a bead, hanging on and giggling wildly as his wings fluttered. "Meet the Singer? Yeahyeah!" He chirped excitedly.

Ammitai rumbled thoughtfully. "I haven't found a place yet, but the Matriarch did ask me to look after Senet... It's alright when he isn't climbing on me. I worry that he'll slip and hurt himself on one of my spines. The other hatchlings aren't so fond of climbing on me." He murmured softly.

((@ChariHunter Hahaha, I do that when trying to log in sometimes. xD I'm better than I was yesterday. I've been dealing with chronic back pain since around Thanksgiving and I can't work because of it. Right now I don't have health insurance so I can't see an orthopedic doc about it, which also means I can't file for disability since I can't get medical documentation. I at least have pain meds to take the worst of the pain away. I don't need them much so long as I don't walk too much, and bleh. Pretty dragons and roleplay are a welcome distraction. Ammi and Senet are part of a bunch of pretties I bought Friday evening to cheer myself up with. I blew a bunch of treasure buying them but I dun currrrrr man. Pretties.
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
(@FlyingKnight oooh I do hope our back will get better. I'm only getting over pain from a rough workout)

Keiden lifted her wing again and folded its tips under in case the little one fell. "Being the guardian of a little one is quite rough. Back in the den our Den Mother watches over the nests.
(@FlyingKnight oooh I do hope our back will get better. I'm only getting over pain from a rough workout)

Keiden lifted her wing again and folded its tips under in case the little one fell. "Being the guardian of a little one is quite rough. Back in the den our Den Mother watches over the nests.
Ammitai nodded. "Usually the Matriarch and Mordaine are the ones looking after the hatchlings, but there's so many right now, and the Matriarch is tending her nest now, too... Senet followed me around so much, she noticed." He shrugged one shoulder, grinning good naturedly.

Movement nearby caught his attention, and he spotted a dark Fae settling on a nearby rock. He dipped his head in polite greeting, remembering the way the clan's Matriarch ruffled her fins at him in a sort of greeting... but he couldn't imitate that, even if he'd had the tiny leader's grace. "Hello."

Oblivious to the newcomer, Senet giggled happily as he played. Letting go of the bead, he fluttered his wings rapidly, managing to slow his fall, Keiden's wing cushioning his landing. "You's a good friend, good game!" He chirped happily, then paused to scratch at the chipped gem on his shoulder again. It itched. But with the itch scratched, his attention went once more to play, the hatchling crouching and watching the beads move, choosing which to leap after next.

(( @Falsan Hello!
@ChariHunter At this point I just hope for good days. I live with my folks still, so I at least don't have to worry about how to pay bills without income. Someday I may end up asking my transplant doctor if there are any strings he can pull to get me evaluated at Emory, since he's on the hospital's board of directors, the man has some influence. xD And he's always been a great guy.))
Ammitai nodded. "Usually the Matriarch and Mordaine are the ones looking after the hatchlings, but there's so many right now, and the Matriarch is tending her nest now, too... Senet followed me around so much, she noticed." He shrugged one shoulder, grinning good naturedly.

Movement nearby caught his attention, and he spotted a dark Fae settling on a nearby rock. He dipped his head in polite greeting, remembering the way the clan's Matriarch ruffled her fins at him in a sort of greeting... but he couldn't imitate that, even if he'd had the tiny leader's grace. "Hello."

Oblivious to the newcomer, Senet giggled happily as he played. Letting go of the bead, he fluttered his wings rapidly, managing to slow his fall, Keiden's wing cushioning his landing. "You's a good friend, good game!" He chirped happily, then paused to scratch at the chipped gem on his shoulder again. It itched. But with the itch scratched, his attention went once more to play, the hatchling crouching and watching the beads move, choosing which to leap after next.

(( @Falsan Hello!
@ChariHunter At this point I just hope for good days. I live with my folks still, so I at least don't have to worry about how to pay bills without income. Someday I may end up asking my transplant doctor if there are any strings he can pull to get me evaluated at Emory, since he's on the hospital's board of directors, the man has some influence. xD And he's always been a great guy.))
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
@Falsan oh hello!
@FlyingKnight aw I wish you luck!)

Keiden held Senet tight between her wing as she rolled onto her back. "So Senet, think you could take down the big guard of the water den?" She playfully roared and nudged him onto her belly. She kept her head up by the horns digging into the dirt.

"Go ahead and socialize. I'll keep an eye on the young one for you." Keiden nodded to Ammitai and then to the new fae.
@Falsan oh hello!
@FlyingKnight aw I wish you luck!)

Keiden held Senet tight between her wing as she rolled onto her back. "So Senet, think you could take down the big guard of the water den?" She playfully roared and nudged him onto her belly. She kept her head up by the horns digging into the dirt.

"Go ahead and socialize. I'll keep an eye on the young one for you." Keiden nodded to Ammitai and then to the new fae.
Hattori shrank back as two giants turned their attention on him. A ridgeback and a guardian. He saw them nod towards him in turn. If they were fae he would interpret that as a greeting, Zealot often did the same when they spoke.

He glided over within earshot onto yet another rock and spoke, moving his crests in the turn of the ancient fae signs. Probably nonsense to them, still, he had another way of communicating. "Friendly and warming to the heart I bid greetings with a hint of anxiety. With optimism, my name is Hattori and with curiosity and a hint of unease I ask yours in turn."

His monotone dragged over each syllable like a broken violin. Hattori only hoped that the strangers were able to make sense of him, even if they couldn't read his signing. His technique filling in the emotion with words which accompanied his fae expressions.
Hattori shrank back as two giants turned their attention on him. A ridgeback and a guardian. He saw them nod towards him in turn. If they were fae he would interpret that as a greeting, Zealot often did the same when they spoke.

He glided over within earshot onto yet another rock and spoke, moving his crests in the turn of the ancient fae signs. Probably nonsense to them, still, he had another way of communicating. "Friendly and warming to the heart I bid greetings with a hint of anxiety. With optimism, my name is Hattori and with curiosity and a hint of unease I ask yours in turn."

His monotone dragged over each syllable like a broken violin. Hattori only hoped that the strangers were able to make sense of him, even if they couldn't read his signing. His technique filling in the emotion with words which accompanied his fae expressions.
That guy who's constantly broke and can't find the fun in this site.
1 2 ... 12 13 14 15 16 ... 2293 2294