Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | RP Training Grounds (open, all welcome!)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 2294 2295
Rauru looked at Permafrost and then burst out crying again. "But if I can't fly again I don't know what I'll do!" she cried helplessly trying to push the tears back. "I just keep landing on my rump, I hover for a moment and then touch back down. And I don't want to bother poor Ambit, a bit of a complex he has going for himself there. But thank you Perm." She looked at him, the handsome dragon who had been a sure friend for her ever since before she could remember. "And I'll help ya with anything you need," she said with a sniffle
@thebigjawpokemon
Rauru looked at Permafrost and then burst out crying again. "But if I can't fly again I don't know what I'll do!" she cried helplessly trying to push the tears back. "I just keep landing on my rump, I hover for a moment and then touch back down. And I don't want to bother poor Ambit, a bit of a complex he has going for himself there. But thank you Perm." She looked at him, the handsome dragon who had been a sure friend for her ever since before she could remember. "And I'll help ya with anything you need," she said with a sniffle
@thebigjawpokemon
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
Eryl wandered away again trusting the dragons with her hatchlings and went to find the father of them. "Desmar? Oh there you are" she said as she approached him. "Oh Hello Eryl. Where are the hatchlings?" He said in a deep voice. "Over there I'm watching them. Would you like to mingle?" She asked him. He nodded in response and stalked off looking around for other dragons.
Eryl wandered away again trusting the dragons with her hatchlings and went to find the father of them. "Desmar? Oh there you are" she said as she approached him. "Oh Hello Eryl. Where are the hatchlings?" He said in a deep voice. "Over there I'm watching them. Would you like to mingle?" She asked him. He nodded in response and stalked off looking around for other dragons.
arcane_by_redrockss-db073dz.png
"Well... If you really want to help... Then stop flying unless it's absolutely necessary," Permafrost said sternly. He began circling Rauru "Also you need to accept help when another dragon offers it. Hmm how big are you? About average size for a fae? Ronan can work with that." Permafrost sat down facing Rauru. "Our warriors have steampunk wing apparel that helps them fly longer and farther than they normally would. They would probably also work for dragons that can't stop flying when they should. I can get Ronan to make you one."
"Well... If you really want to help... Then stop flying unless it's absolutely necessary," Permafrost said sternly. He began circling Rauru "Also you need to accept help when another dragon offers it. Hmm how big are you? About average size for a fae? Ronan can work with that." Permafrost sat down facing Rauru. "Our warriors have steampunk wing apparel that helps them fly longer and farther than they normally would. They would probably also work for dragons that can't stop flying when they should. I can get Ronan to make you one."
acetundra_zpsd6bbddd5.png

Art by EclipseDragon #26011
((No one's posted for a couple of weeks, huh? Well, I hope somebody comes around so I'm not talking to myself.))

A female Wildclaw (obviously a traveler) with fur colored like the currently setting sun, spots what appears to be a gathering of sorts in the valley below. Being easily distracted, she trots down the hill only to trip on a Pearlcatcher's tail. "Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I'm Amyrlin, and I-" The dragon, who was woken from his nap, cuts her off and snaps "Yeah, yeah. I don't need to hear your life's story. Come on guys, let's go." Two other tired dragons stand up and fly away with the Pearlcatcher.

Well, that was very rude of them. Amyrlin thinks to herself. She then proceeds to find some friendlier dragons to speak to.

((I've only skimmed through the last 13 pages, so please forgive me if I'm forgetting any important plot points.))
((No one's posted for a couple of weeks, huh? Well, I hope somebody comes around so I'm not talking to myself.))

A female Wildclaw (obviously a traveler) with fur colored like the currently setting sun, spots what appears to be a gathering of sorts in the valley below. Being easily distracted, she trots down the hill only to trip on a Pearlcatcher's tail. "Oh, I'm so sorry! Are you okay? I'm Amyrlin, and I-" The dragon, who was woken from his nap, cuts her off and snaps "Yeah, yeah. I don't need to hear your life's story. Come on guys, let's go." Two other tired dragons stand up and fly away with the Pearlcatcher.

Well, that was very rude of them. Amyrlin thinks to herself. She then proceeds to find some friendlier dragons to speak to.

((I've only skimmed through the last 13 pages, so please forgive me if I'm forgetting any important plot points.))
rggdsnJ.png
((am i right in assuming this is an IC RP practice thread? do we have a more casual/basic thread where you can bounce character concepts at each other and get feedback? i don't know about the rest of you but this thread is kinda intimidating as someone who doesn't know what they're doing with their characters, like i don't want to jump in and interrupt the flow))
((am i right in assuming this is an IC RP practice thread? do we have a more casual/basic thread where you can bounce character concepts at each other and get feedback? i don't know about the rest of you but this thread is kinda intimidating as someone who doesn't know what they're doing with their characters, like i don't want to jump in and interrupt the flow))
"Oh perm i couldnt bother you with that, its just too much. But thank you. Ill make sure to make you something as well in hopes that ambit doesnt get his paws on it." She stifled a laugh.
@thebigjawpokemon
((@wendigo people love questions here. We love answering, we will do what we can to help!))
"Oh perm i couldnt bother you with that, its just too much. But thank you. Ill make sure to make you something as well in hopes that ambit doesnt get his paws on it." She stifled a laugh.
@thebigjawpokemon
((@wendigo people love questions here. We love answering, we will do what we can to help!))
[img][/img]HzGpUHb.png
((idk this is a great thread for practicing dialogue and movement and interaction stuff but a more casual 'is this a workable character trait or would it be annoying' or 'oh god is my character genuinely tragic or just a dramallama' or 'people keep saying my character takes over the RP too much here's some examples do you agree?' thread could be useful for people working from the ground up who don't feel confident enough to join in an actual conversation yet like me.))

((like i already feel like i've broken up the flow of the conversation going on here (´Ð”ï½€) ))
((idk this is a great thread for practicing dialogue and movement and interaction stuff but a more casual 'is this a workable character trait or would it be annoying' or 'oh god is my character genuinely tragic or just a dramallama' or 'people keep saying my character takes over the RP too much here's some examples do you agree?' thread could be useful for people working from the ground up who don't feel confident enough to join in an actual conversation yet like me.))

((like i already feel like i've broken up the flow of the conversation going on here (´Ð”ï½€) ))
@Kappsune
A large jungle colored guardian female looked over the gathering from behind a rock. She unfolded her wings and leaps down into the crowd. The dragon spotted the colorful wildclaw and tapped her on the back. "Hello there. Your scales shine quite well in this sun. My name is Keiden. Might I ask yours?" Keiden looked back to make sure no smaller dragons were beneath her and sat down.
@Kappsune
A large jungle colored guardian female looked over the gathering from behind a rock. She unfolded her wings and leaps down into the crowd. The dragon spotted the colorful wildclaw and tapped her on the back. "Hello there. Your scales shine quite well in this sun. My name is Keiden. Might I ask yours?" Keiden looked back to make sure no smaller dragons were beneath her and sat down.
On outer edges of the group, a brightly colored Ridgeback lands awkwardly, balancing on his hindfeet and tail, wings beating to help maintain his posture, and placed something tiny on the ground before finally dropping to all fours. Much better. Tucking his wings close, Ammitai relaxes briefly. Safe arrival.

And then he freezes, green eyes widening in dismay as his tiny cargo, the Skydancer hatchling, begins climbing on him. Senet agilely scales his friend's leg, and begins the long ascent up the Ridge's neck. He pauses only to scratch briefly at a chipped gem on his shoulder, apparently oblivious to Ammitai's rigid posture.

"Get down, Senet!" He pleads softly, afraid to move for fear of causing the hatchling to fall.

"AmmiI'msafeupheerrrreeeeeee! Heeee! You's so tall!" Senet squeaks in reply, bright green eyes sparkling with excitement as he reaches his clan mate's head. Tiny claws grip the Ridgeback's thick scales as he surveys the area. "Wooooow! Lookit, lookit Ammi! All the dragons hereeeee, heehee! Lune an' Orane an' Kalina shoulda come'd too! All d'pretty dragons here! We meet d'pretty dragons, Ammi?"

Crossing his eyes in an attempt to look up at the hatchling perched on his head, Ammitai tried his best not to move. How to get Senet down without him jumping again? Windsinger help him. If Senet got hurt, he was sure the Matriarch would... would... do something terrible, for sure. The diminutive Fae was a fraction of his size, and as friendly as could be, but Ammitai was sure he'd be in for an awful fate if a hatchling got hurt around him.

Reaching out with a wing, he touched the nearest dragon, a Guardian, and gave her the best pleading look he could. "Help?" He hadn't considered that it probably looked like he was afraid of the hatchling perching on his head.

(( @ChariHunter I hope this is still going, and that I'm not interrupting anything?))
On outer edges of the group, a brightly colored Ridgeback lands awkwardly, balancing on his hindfeet and tail, wings beating to help maintain his posture, and placed something tiny on the ground before finally dropping to all fours. Much better. Tucking his wings close, Ammitai relaxes briefly. Safe arrival.

And then he freezes, green eyes widening in dismay as his tiny cargo, the Skydancer hatchling, begins climbing on him. Senet agilely scales his friend's leg, and begins the long ascent up the Ridge's neck. He pauses only to scratch briefly at a chipped gem on his shoulder, apparently oblivious to Ammitai's rigid posture.

"Get down, Senet!" He pleads softly, afraid to move for fear of causing the hatchling to fall.

"AmmiI'msafeupheerrrreeeeeee! Heeee! You's so tall!" Senet squeaks in reply, bright green eyes sparkling with excitement as he reaches his clan mate's head. Tiny claws grip the Ridgeback's thick scales as he surveys the area. "Wooooow! Lookit, lookit Ammi! All the dragons hereeeee, heehee! Lune an' Orane an' Kalina shoulda come'd too! All d'pretty dragons here! We meet d'pretty dragons, Ammi?"

Crossing his eyes in an attempt to look up at the hatchling perched on his head, Ammitai tried his best not to move. How to get Senet down without him jumping again? Windsinger help him. If Senet got hurt, he was sure the Matriarch would... would... do something terrible, for sure. The diminutive Fae was a fraction of his size, and as friendly as could be, but Ammitai was sure he'd be in for an awful fate if a hatchling got hurt around him.

Reaching out with a wing, he touched the nearest dragon, a Guardian, and gave her the best pleading look he could. "Help?" He hadn't considered that it probably looked like he was afraid of the hatchling perching on his head.

(( @ChariHunter I hope this is still going, and that I'm not interrupting anything?))
am back after a long absence
been here since 2014!

OjYCOIV.png
@FlyingKnight Oh no interruptions! I just replied to the last post hah))

Keiden looked up at the little hatchling and cooed. "Why hello there little one! Want to play a game?" She reached up and offered her large paw to the tiny one. "Its a very fun game. You friend would feel much safer if you played on the ground and not on him."
@FlyingKnight Oh no interruptions! I just replied to the last post hah))

Keiden looked up at the little hatchling and cooed. "Why hello there little one! Want to play a game?" She reached up and offered her large paw to the tiny one. "Its a very fun game. You friend would feel much safer if you played on the ground and not on him."
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 2294 2295