Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Arcane Conclave
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Myria slowly lifted her crest out in greeting to the newcomer. The whole Conclave still seemed to be in somewhat of a general panic, though most dragons she could see seemed calm. Realizing that she was still hovering, Myria slowly descended to stand on the ground. She now had to look up to see the other dragons, but her wings had started to get tired, already worn out from most of her journey. Looking up at the wildclaw she asked, "Do you suppose an experiment has caused this?"
Myria slowly lifted her crest out in greeting to the newcomer. The whole Conclave still seemed to be in somewhat of a general panic, though most dragons she could see seemed calm. Realizing that she was still hovering, Myria slowly descended to stand on the ground. She now had to look up to see the other dragons, but her wings had started to get tired, already worn out from most of her journey. Looking up at the wildclaw she asked, "Do you suppose an experiment has caused this?"
ice_rune_50x50.png ICEWARDEN_sig.png
"There's got to be someone in charge of this mess." Mercor said, standing on his back legs and half-spreading his wings for balance. Buffeted by the crowd, he was soon forced to pull them back in and fall back to all fours. "I can't see anything." He grumbled.

"And if anyone takes off, the air will soon be thick with flying dragons." Aishling agreed, her voice gone from panic and into deadly calm. "You're right though, someone's got to be figuring out this mess. Let's go find them."

"Anywhere it looks like someone's trying to restore calm will be a good place to start." Mercor agreed. "I'm no spell-caster, though. I'll leave that to you."

"Not that it'll do us any good without magic." Aishling muttered, and the two started off again, searching for anyplace that might be trying to keep calm.
"There's got to be someone in charge of this mess." Mercor said, standing on his back legs and half-spreading his wings for balance. Buffeted by the crowd, he was soon forced to pull them back in and fall back to all fours. "I can't see anything." He grumbled.

"And if anyone takes off, the air will soon be thick with flying dragons." Aishling agreed, her voice gone from panic and into deadly calm. "You're right though, someone's got to be figuring out this mess. Let's go find them."

"Anywhere it looks like someone's trying to restore calm will be a good place to start." Mercor agreed. "I'm no spell-caster, though. I'll leave that to you."

"Not that it'll do us any good without magic." Aishling muttered, and the two started off again, searching for anyplace that might be trying to keep calm.
tXKbExw.png
We really should be trying to restore calm... Brudigan mused to himself as he looked from the crowd of Psykanna members out to where everyone else was milling about.
It appeared that the only reason they didn't have dragons barreling through the camp to them to get answers was they were obviously in conference and that they were obviously still setting up.
"Do you have any theories on what could be causing this, Brudigan?" Enquired Valdera from across the circle.
"My best guess would be some form of anomaly, a wandering magical dead-zone maybe. It's been theorised by some that a dimensional cascade could cause an effect like this,-indeed it'd be evidence of one, but since the sky isn't doing anything out of the ordinary and we're not being swamped by frenzied creatures from the Astral Realm, I think we can safely rule it out." Brudigan replied.
"Your research is well known. Could this have something to do with ley-lines or some sort of trans-universal...encounter?" Enquired a scholarly looking Snapper who Brudigan couldn't quite place. Brudigan made a mental note to try and coin a phrase for such a conjunction for future reference.
"Nothing in my research has suggested such." Brudigan replied. "I'm as in the dark as you are so do not assume that I have all the answers." He added as he noted a few other people who looked like they had questions.

Reshaki frowned as she glided down near Clementia's stall.
"What's going on?" She asked as she noted everyone milling about in confusion.
Surely something couldn't have happened, could it?
We really should be trying to restore calm... Brudigan mused to himself as he looked from the crowd of Psykanna members out to where everyone else was milling about.
It appeared that the only reason they didn't have dragons barreling through the camp to them to get answers was they were obviously in conference and that they were obviously still setting up.
"Do you have any theories on what could be causing this, Brudigan?" Enquired Valdera from across the circle.
"My best guess would be some form of anomaly, a wandering magical dead-zone maybe. It's been theorised by some that a dimensional cascade could cause an effect like this,-indeed it'd be evidence of one, but since the sky isn't doing anything out of the ordinary and we're not being swamped by frenzied creatures from the Astral Realm, I think we can safely rule it out." Brudigan replied.
"Your research is well known. Could this have something to do with ley-lines or some sort of trans-universal...encounter?" Enquired a scholarly looking Snapper who Brudigan couldn't quite place. Brudigan made a mental note to try and coin a phrase for such a conjunction for future reference.
"Nothing in my research has suggested such." Brudigan replied. "I'm as in the dark as you are so do not assume that I have all the answers." He added as he noted a few other people who looked like they had questions.

Reshaki frowned as she glided down near Clementia's stall.
"What's going on?" She asked as she noted everyone milling about in confusion.
Surely something couldn't have happened, could it?
'Why are you frowning?' -Temeraire's first words.
9PO79Ra.png kBLPNEQ.png
"Thank you kindly." Quem dipped her head and moved forward after a moment into the shade of the Wildclaw's wings, where she sat and began absentmindedly fiddling again with the edges of her scarf. Her frills lifted slightly as she caught the other Fae's musings. "That could very well be an option, I think, if something new has arrived. Though, this is my first time attending this conclave myself, so I am afraid there is not much else I can offer without knowing more."
"Thank you kindly." Quem dipped her head and moved forward after a moment into the shade of the Wildclaw's wings, where she sat and began absentmindedly fiddling again with the edges of her scarf. Her frills lifted slightly as she caught the other Fae's musings. "That could very well be an option, I think, if something new has arrived. Though, this is my first time attending this conclave myself, so I am afraid there is not much else I can offer without knowing more."
"It seems likely," Molerince commented to the Ice Fae, as she reached an arm out as an offer to allow the two Faes to perch on her. "Maybe it was on purpose...but for what cause?"

Belttissa thought for a moment in response to the gold Fae's voiced ideas, "this event is organised, right?...Maybe an organiser would know what's usual for the place...at least."

((@Callide, are you still busy? I thought it apt for your lot to answer Reshaki...0.o))
"It seems likely," Molerince commented to the Ice Fae, as she reached an arm out as an offer to allow the two Faes to perch on her. "Maybe it was on purpose...but for what cause?"

Belttissa thought for a moment in response to the gold Fae's voiced ideas, "this event is organised, right?...Maybe an organiser would know what's usual for the place...at least."

((@Callide, are you still busy? I thought it apt for your lot to answer Reshaki...0.o))
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
((I am not, no - thank you for the ping, I had gotten rather thoroughly distracted away from this thread. I will backread and reply right now!))
((I am not, no - thank you for the ping, I had gotten rather thoroughly distracted away from this thread. I will backread and reply right now!))
t9lWbAR.png
By Raquel
Atavus extended a wing over Clementia, looking down at her in concern. Over the past several minutes, she had drawn in on herself, eyes glazing over. Her small body was shaking, her frills and wings all limp and drooping. She, too, looked to the observatory, as if searching for answers.

As the questions started, she drew herself back to the present with a visible effort. Atavus let out a tiny sigh of relief.

"Ah... yes, the conclave is always held near this spot... it's one of very few sections of unclaimed land with enough space for everyone to set up." She shook herself, sitting up a little straighter. With a conversation to focus on, she could distract herself from the draining dread she was feeling. She looked at Reshaki. "...There's... something's happened to the magic. No one can access it. No one at all."

Atavus looked down at Beltissa and nodded. "That's a sensible suggestion. Tia and I are on the organizing committee, but there are others. I'll go see if I can round any of them up." He put a claw on Clementia's back. "If you'll be all right, of course..."

Dolose looked around the Psykanna gathering. He was starting to feel slightly overwhelmed and bewildered. He was still a very young dragon, after all.

He edged a little closer to Brudigan, seeking comfort in the only familiar face around.
Atavus extended a wing over Clementia, looking down at her in concern. Over the past several minutes, she had drawn in on herself, eyes glazing over. Her small body was shaking, her frills and wings all limp and drooping. She, too, looked to the observatory, as if searching for answers.

As the questions started, she drew herself back to the present with a visible effort. Atavus let out a tiny sigh of relief.

"Ah... yes, the conclave is always held near this spot... it's one of very few sections of unclaimed land with enough space for everyone to set up." She shook herself, sitting up a little straighter. With a conversation to focus on, she could distract herself from the draining dread she was feeling. She looked at Reshaki. "...There's... something's happened to the magic. No one can access it. No one at all."

Atavus looked down at Beltissa and nodded. "That's a sensible suggestion. Tia and I are on the organizing committee, but there are others. I'll go see if I can round any of them up." He put a claw on Clementia's back. "If you'll be all right, of course..."

Dolose looked around the Psykanna gathering. He was starting to feel slightly overwhelmed and bewildered. He was still a very young dragon, after all.

He edged a little closer to Brudigan, seeking comfort in the only familiar face around.
t9lWbAR.png
By Raquel
OOC: OKAY

I have finished moving. The server migration is over, and the forums seem to be at least slightly more reliable than previously. If I flake out on posting again it will be nobody and nothing's fault but my own. My deepest apologies for how slow I've been, but I hope we can keep going with this. I've been having fun with all of y'all.
OOC: OKAY

I have finished moving. The server migration is over, and the forums seem to be at least slightly more reliable than previously. If I flake out on posting again it will be nobody and nothing's fault but my own. My deepest apologies for how slow I've been, but I hope we can keep going with this. I've been having fun with all of y'all.
t9lWbAR.png
By Raquel
Several groups had started to organize, and panic was subsiding as quickly as it had surfaced. Dragons still looked as anxious as ever, but few of them were ranting anymore. Of course, not all of them had stopped ranting. Most of these seemed to be about some kind of divine anger, but Mercor didn't really believe them. The Arcanist was a lover of magic; he would never willingly give up any part of his magic even to prove a point to the multi-flight Conclave. Would he?

"There's that fae you were talking to earlier." Aishling said, nodding to Brudigan. The little dragon was visible at the lead of one of the groups of booths that had almost been set up, before everyone was so distracted.

"He's the leader of his clan, and an Arcane dragon to boot. Let's see if he knows what's going on." Mercor muttered to his companion, and set off with purpose in his step, heading for the Astra Psykanna leaders.
Several groups had started to organize, and panic was subsiding as quickly as it had surfaced. Dragons still looked as anxious as ever, but few of them were ranting anymore. Of course, not all of them had stopped ranting. Most of these seemed to be about some kind of divine anger, but Mercor didn't really believe them. The Arcanist was a lover of magic; he would never willingly give up any part of his magic even to prove a point to the multi-flight Conclave. Would he?

"There's that fae you were talking to earlier." Aishling said, nodding to Brudigan. The little dragon was visible at the lead of one of the groups of booths that had almost been set up, before everyone was so distracted.

"He's the leader of his clan, and an Arcane dragon to boot. Let's see if he knows what's going on." Mercor muttered to his companion, and set off with purpose in his step, heading for the Astra Psykanna leaders.
tXKbExw.png
(@qwigoqwaga, @Liorenth, the thread lives. :) )

Molerince watched the pair as they replied with concern. "If you'd rather, you could tell us how to recognise at least one of those we'd be looking for, and we could go." She looked around at the gathered Faes, uncertain of what they were intending to do.

"Perhaps...the level of weakness differs...if there's a core to it." Belttissa lifted her frills with a touch of brightness as she implied one way in which Faes may help in assessing the situation, that some fluctuation in the strength of the magic dampening effect might hint at where the cause was.
(@qwigoqwaga, @Liorenth, the thread lives. :) )

Molerince watched the pair as they replied with concern. "If you'd rather, you could tell us how to recognise at least one of those we'd be looking for, and we could go." She looked around at the gathered Faes, uncertain of what they were intending to do.

"Perhaps...the level of weakness differs...if there's a core to it." Belttissa lifted her frills with a touch of brightness as she implied one way in which Faes may help in assessing the situation, that some fluctuation in the strength of the magic dampening effect might hint at where the cause was.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23