Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | TOMU | 1x1 with BleuFalha
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50
"Dont be sorry," Cheryl said after choking a few times over on her words. She noticed that she drew up his hood and faultered a bit in her thoughts, wondering if she upset him. She maintained an upbeat mood, but the anxiety of that slithered around in her brain like tar on a beach.

"But what does this home of yours look like, then? I'd bet it's prettier than this heap of squelching worm salad." She wanted to add on 'because you live in it, duh!' but she didn't know if that would cause problems. As a second try at having a friend, she wasn't doing a good job at maintaining a smooth conversation, and she was pretty sure it's because she added riy comments like that every so often.

"There has to be somewhere better than here," she said, in a voice that wasn't bought off the shelves for decoration. "And I'm hoping damn well it's that place." Blood swirled in her mouth, and she nearly gagged on it, but she maintained a normal expression. Eww, oops.

Cheryl just soaked in her presence talking to someone she knew wouldn't lash out unexpectedly every five minutes. They were beginning to end their trail of people, and looking behind her, the city was dull. While pretty, decorated with arctic moss and dazzling pink trees, there was nothing to hide the gross energy that absolutely radiated from there. Her eyes sparkled with a some kind of delight. She had never made it this far out the city, and she was never going there again.

She mouthed 'thank you' to Apollo behind his back, grinning. It was semi-conscience and a little vague, but he was her ticket out and she was a little more exited than ever. If that was possible.

(((MUHAHAHAHAHAH ALONG POST LONG POST LONG POST
"Dont be sorry," Cheryl said after choking a few times over on her words. She noticed that she drew up his hood and faultered a bit in her thoughts, wondering if she upset him. She maintained an upbeat mood, but the anxiety of that slithered around in her brain like tar on a beach.

"But what does this home of yours look like, then? I'd bet it's prettier than this heap of squelching worm salad." She wanted to add on 'because you live in it, duh!' but she didn't know if that would cause problems. As a second try at having a friend, she wasn't doing a good job at maintaining a smooth conversation, and she was pretty sure it's because she added riy comments like that every so often.

"There has to be somewhere better than here," she said, in a voice that wasn't bought off the shelves for decoration. "And I'm hoping damn well it's that place." Blood swirled in her mouth, and she nearly gagged on it, but she maintained a normal expression. Eww, oops.

Cheryl just soaked in her presence talking to someone she knew wouldn't lash out unexpectedly every five minutes. They were beginning to end their trail of people, and looking behind her, the city was dull. While pretty, decorated with arctic moss and dazzling pink trees, there was nothing to hide the gross energy that absolutely radiated from there. Her eyes sparkled with a some kind of delight. She had never made it this far out the city, and she was never going there again.

She mouthed 'thank you' to Apollo behind his back, grinning. It was semi-conscience and a little vague, but he was her ticket out and she was a little more exited than ever. If that was possible.

(((MUHAHAHAHAHAH ALONG POST LONG POST LONG POST
SOpef69.gif Bleu|Christian

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
a0QwMLR.gif 3QIeA2e.pnga0QwMLR.gif
"Oh, well." Apollo said when asked about his village. "It's a lot... smaller than this, uh, city. It's out of the way too, how do I describe it..." His village was small, running on little to no electricity due to being in the middle of he woods. The little power that they did have came from expensive solar panels and the few lightning elementals that resided there, most of the electricity was used to power food stores and housing but only to the bare minimum. The dazzling lights in the city were always foreign and beautiful, it was alluring.

"For starters, it doesn't have skyscrapers. It's, uh, mostly small houses with the bare minimum of things, we don't really have electricity either." He began scanning the area for his sled as they got to the city limits. "A lot of us farm, that's how we make money, selling produce and stuff. It's tucked away in the woods a mile or too away from here." He pointed south of the city, towards an icy road. "It's a days trip or so, but it's nice. There's a lot more wildlife away from the city..." He stopped talking, realizing that he was rambling. "Ah, sorry, that was a lot of talking." At that moment he managed to find his sled, it was slightly covered in snow but Apollo brushed it off.

"This here." He said, pulling on a string. "Is my sled." The sled was big and entirely wooden, it had a large basket part that seemed to be hollowed out of a tree trunk and two wooden poles that slide effortlessly across the snow. Apollo began to load up the boxes of food, each one fitting perfectly into the large divided part of the sled. "I have to pull it for now but, uh, once I'm outside of city limits I can get in. There's a lot of hills on the way here. Oh, and I have blankets!" He smiled grabbing the rope of the sled and began pulling. "Uh, I guess you have to go back now. I wish you could come with, it's a pretty lonely trip." He laughed softly, turning his attention the the road he was going to have to go on.
"Oh, well." Apollo said when asked about his village. "It's a lot... smaller than this, uh, city. It's out of the way too, how do I describe it..." His village was small, running on little to no electricity due to being in the middle of he woods. The little power that they did have came from expensive solar panels and the few lightning elementals that resided there, most of the electricity was used to power food stores and housing but only to the bare minimum. The dazzling lights in the city were always foreign and beautiful, it was alluring.

"For starters, it doesn't have skyscrapers. It's, uh, mostly small houses with the bare minimum of things, we don't really have electricity either." He began scanning the area for his sled as they got to the city limits. "A lot of us farm, that's how we make money, selling produce and stuff. It's tucked away in the woods a mile or too away from here." He pointed south of the city, towards an icy road. "It's a days trip or so, but it's nice. There's a lot more wildlife away from the city..." He stopped talking, realizing that he was rambling. "Ah, sorry, that was a lot of talking." At that moment he managed to find his sled, it was slightly covered in snow but Apollo brushed it off.

"This here." He said, pulling on a string. "Is my sled." The sled was big and entirely wooden, it had a large basket part that seemed to be hollowed out of a tree trunk and two wooden poles that slide effortlessly across the snow. Apollo began to load up the boxes of food, each one fitting perfectly into the large divided part of the sled. "I have to pull it for now but, uh, once I'm outside of city limits I can get in. There's a lot of hills on the way here. Oh, and I have blankets!" He smiled grabbing the rope of the sled and began pulling. "Uh, I guess you have to go back now. I wish you could come with, it's a pretty lonely trip." He laughed softly, turning his attention the the road he was going to have to go on.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Cheryl grinned. She liked this Apollo, the one that wasn't afraid to show off his fancy sled adornments and blankets and little details. She giggled. "That's cool,'' she said. She was so lost in thought about this city that she almost completely tripped on that last bit. "I can't come?" she asked, a bit defeated. She looked back at the city and stepped back, as if it would throw her in a dryer at high speeds. ''Oh, yeah" she looked down at her hands as if they murdered something. ''I'm human.''

She frowned. Damn. She almost asked if he was sure she couldn't come, but she was troubled and couldn't really speak consciously; not at that moment. She opened her mouth to say something, but not much came out. "O-ok." It sounded lonely, but she promised herself the same. She wasn't going back there, whether it meant going somewhere else or not. Again, she opened her mouth to say something, but nothing got past her throat. She paused. Nothing seemed to process in her mind. "Will you be gone--for long--" she stammered, watching the city closely like a frightened rabbit.

((damnit you beat me at word count
Cheryl grinned. She liked this Apollo, the one that wasn't afraid to show off his fancy sled adornments and blankets and little details. She giggled. "That's cool,'' she said. She was so lost in thought about this city that she almost completely tripped on that last bit. "I can't come?" she asked, a bit defeated. She looked back at the city and stepped back, as if it would throw her in a dryer at high speeds. ''Oh, yeah" she looked down at her hands as if they murdered something. ''I'm human.''

She frowned. Damn. She almost asked if he was sure she couldn't come, but she was troubled and couldn't really speak consciously; not at that moment. She opened her mouth to say something, but not much came out. "O-ok." It sounded lonely, but she promised herself the same. She wasn't going back there, whether it meant going somewhere else or not. Again, she opened her mouth to say something, but nothing got past her throat. She paused. Nothing seemed to process in her mind. "Will you be gone--for long--" she stammered, watching the city closely like a frightened rabbit.

((damnit you beat me at word count

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
"Oh, um." He stammered out. "I'm not against you going I just though that you, uh, needed to go home. It's pretty rough out here, there's a lot of, uh, things that could happen on the trip. I just don't want anyone to get, um, suspicious or for you to get, um, hurt." He hated the tone in Cheryl's voice, it sounded so distant and sad, like he had often felt back at the village. She looked scared almost, as if the looming city was casting a shadow of fear over her.

Apollo shuffled in the cold snow, the ice under his feet causing him to slightly slip every now and then. He didn't want to leave Cheryl behind, he just was afraid of the consequences. He only knew basic first aid and he wasn't sure how different humans and enchanted were, how different were they when they got hurt? The issue of his family and neighbors was there as well. Yes, he could probably sneak Cheryl in, but for how long? How long would he be able to keep the fact that she was a human from the rest of the village? He shook his head, those questions only mattered if Cheryl actually came with him, and he would have a few days to figure them out if she did come. "So, um." he started, the words tripping out of his mouth. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, um, the choice is yours."

((My classes often have me right 4-5 page papers over stuff that only needs 2-3, it's become a habit of mine to use a lot of words^^'))
"Oh, um." He stammered out. "I'm not against you going I just though that you, uh, needed to go home. It's pretty rough out here, there's a lot of, uh, things that could happen on the trip. I just don't want anyone to get, um, suspicious or for you to get, um, hurt." He hated the tone in Cheryl's voice, it sounded so distant and sad, like he had often felt back at the village. She looked scared almost, as if the looming city was casting a shadow of fear over her.

Apollo shuffled in the cold snow, the ice under his feet causing him to slightly slip every now and then. He didn't want to leave Cheryl behind, he just was afraid of the consequences. He only knew basic first aid and he wasn't sure how different humans and enchanted were, how different were they when they got hurt? The issue of his family and neighbors was there as well. Yes, he could probably sneak Cheryl in, but for how long? How long would he be able to keep the fact that she was a human from the rest of the village? He shook his head, those questions only mattered if Cheryl actually came with him, and he would have a few days to figure them out if she did come. "So, um." he started, the words tripping out of his mouth. "I guess what I'm trying to say is, um, the choice is yours."

((My classes often have me right 4-5 page papers over stuff that only needs 2-3, it's become a habit of mine to use a lot of words^^'))
mU3UPIq.jpeg
After staring at the city for a few minutes, every scar and scratch itched, like bugs eating away at her skin. She shuddered. "I-I can come?" Her eyes twinkled like literal postlamps. "You'd let me?" She grinned, but only slightly as the thought of going back was burned in her brain. As far as happiness goes, she seemed pretty happy right now. She's Cheryl, you cant exactly expect much less.

"I-I can be helpful!" her voice was raspy as normal, and a little shaky, but her stutters were only half formulated. Her voice was mildly clear past the willingness to bolt away from the city behind her. "I can keep you company!" Her state seemed to be retreating back to her cheerful self. "And watch!!" She picked up a handful of snow and threw it against a tree. It was relatively powdery but just enough to where she sprint to the other side of it without being seen other than a very vague shadow behind the snow. "Teleportation! >:D" She then proceeded to giggle.

((pft i forgot people actually did that. I just type in gibberish and then color the words white so it ups the word count =D
After staring at the city for a few minutes, every scar and scratch itched, like bugs eating away at her skin. She shuddered. "I-I can come?" Her eyes twinkled like literal postlamps. "You'd let me?" She grinned, but only slightly as the thought of going back was burned in her brain. As far as happiness goes, she seemed pretty happy right now. She's Cheryl, you cant exactly expect much less.

"I-I can be helpful!" her voice was raspy as normal, and a little shaky, but her stutters were only half formulated. Her voice was mildly clear past the willingness to bolt away from the city behind her. "I can keep you company!" Her state seemed to be retreating back to her cheerful self. "And watch!!" She picked up a handful of snow and threw it against a tree. It was relatively powdery but just enough to where she sprint to the other side of it without being seen other than a very vague shadow behind the snow. "Teleportation! >:D" She then proceeded to giggle.

((pft i forgot people actually did that. I just type in gibberish and then color the words white so it ups the word count =D

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
“Ya.” Apollo said, smiling as Cheryl got excited. He truly was excited that he wouldn’t have to make the trip alone, the ping, cold days alone on the way back often became unbearable. Sure, conversations weren’t his strong suite but every now and then speaking to someone was necessary, after all he would like to keep his sanity.

He laughed as Cheryl threw a bit of snow and disappeared for a second. It wasn’t magic but it worked, the snow often could conceal the simplest things. “We should probably get going.” He said, tugging on the sled. “You can get in, if you want to.” There’s a few hills to climb up but after that we should be good.” He smiled looking at the road again. “Once we’re out there I can show you some real magic.” Apollo grabbed the rope, ready to walk. For now he pushed aside the worries that came with bringing Cheryl home with him. He would figure out a way to hide her on the way there, he had to.
“Ya.” Apollo said, smiling as Cheryl got excited. He truly was excited that he wouldn’t have to make the trip alone, the ping, cold days alone on the way back often became unbearable. Sure, conversations weren’t his strong suite but every now and then speaking to someone was necessary, after all he would like to keep his sanity.

He laughed as Cheryl threw a bit of snow and disappeared for a second. It wasn’t magic but it worked, the snow often could conceal the simplest things. “We should probably get going.” He said, tugging on the sled. “You can get in, if you want to.” There’s a few hills to climb up but after that we should be good.” He smiled looking at the road again. “Once we’re out there I can show you some real magic.” Apollo grabbed the rope, ready to walk. For now he pushed aside the worries that came with bringing Cheryl home with him. He would figure out a way to hide her on the way there, he had to.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Cheryl looked at his smile and her eyes sparkled. She almost overheard his first statement about the sled over her own mental screeching. Hills? Nah! Better than streetlights and self confinement to replace, well, therapy, probably. Cheryl froze when he mentioned magic, then proceeded to release a small squeal, skipping along next to Apollo. She giggled and looked around. Oh, what fun to go places freely! Being sent places? That must be fun. Getting food? People did that? Magic! OH MY LORD MAGIC! “Magic?! Oh, woa! THATSOINCREDIBLYCOOL.” She elbowed him and giggled. “That must be so awesome! Enchanting!” She joked. Cheryl was happy to get away from the city. Happier to be with Apollo. And overjoyed to finally be in a world she didn’t constantly have to put her fists up, wither it be shielding herself or fighting.

((Short post TvT” thanks for posting today -w-‘ random but it means a lot to be communicating with a nonjudgmental person for some reason, even if it is through character ^^
Cheryl looked at his smile and her eyes sparkled. She almost overheard his first statement about the sled over her own mental screeching. Hills? Nah! Better than streetlights and self confinement to replace, well, therapy, probably. Cheryl froze when he mentioned magic, then proceeded to release a small squeal, skipping along next to Apollo. She giggled and looked around. Oh, what fun to go places freely! Being sent places? That must be fun. Getting food? People did that? Magic! OH MY LORD MAGIC! “Magic?! Oh, woa! THATSOINCREDIBLYCOOL.” She elbowed him and giggled. “That must be so awesome! Enchanting!” She joked. Cheryl was happy to get away from the city. Happier to be with Apollo. And overjoyed to finally be in a world she didn’t constantly have to put her fists up, wither it be shielding herself or fighting.

((Short post TvT” thanks for posting today -w-‘ random but it means a lot to be communicating with a nonjudgmental person for some reason, even if it is through character ^^

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
“Oh, I don’t really think much of it.” Apollo said, smiling as Cheryl elbowed him. “I guess I’m used to it, um, I guess it seems a lot cooler to you than it does to me, or, at least now it does.” When he was younger, Apollo was amazed by the magic he and the rest of his village possessed. Over the years he grandly got used to it, it was just another part of life. But now, in the eyes Cheryl, he could practically see his younger self.

He began moving pulling the sled as it glided across the ice and snow. It was somewhat heavy but after he got out of the city limits, after he was away from the prying eyes of humans, he could use his magic to help. He smiled at the thought, Cheryl would probably get a kick out of watching magic before her eyes. “Come on!” He said, calling to Cheryl. “We should try to get out of the city limits before night fall.” He smiled, excited for the trip ahead.

((No problem ^w^ It’s been really fun role playing with you so far, I’m very excited to see where this will go!))
“Oh, I don’t really think much of it.” Apollo said, smiling as Cheryl elbowed him. “I guess I’m used to it, um, I guess it seems a lot cooler to you than it does to me, or, at least now it does.” When he was younger, Apollo was amazed by the magic he and the rest of his village possessed. Over the years he grandly got used to it, it was just another part of life. But now, in the eyes Cheryl, he could practically see his younger self.

He began moving pulling the sled as it glided across the ice and snow. It was somewhat heavy but after he got out of the city limits, after he was away from the prying eyes of humans, he could use his magic to help. He smiled at the thought, Cheryl would probably get a kick out of watching magic before her eyes. “Come on!” He said, calling to Cheryl. “We should try to get out of the city limits before night fall.” He smiled, excited for the trip ahead.

((No problem ^w^ It’s been really fun role playing with you so far, I’m very excited to see where this will go!))
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Cheryl trotted after him. Clumsy, but actually quite fast. Her athletic build might do her some justice, but she would never actually be as fast as she could have been. The nightfall had never really occurred to her, but she assumed it wouldn't totally be the worst. She giggled at his smile and looked him sideways as if he were adorned with some sort of royal attire. She pryed her own eyes away, smiling to herself and pulling her hood over, small giggles emitting from her.
She looked around and ran a few paces forward, proceeding to run forward and launch herself into a little mound that had built up beside a tree. After a few seconds she was indeed buried beside the tree. "Look, Apollo, I'm cooler than you~!" Her laughter is what caused the snow to fall gradually off of her. When Apollo got to her point she popped out of the snow like a daisy and lined up to his side. "Is your city any different from that city?" she asked, avoiding calling it her own. ''I bet it's ten times prettier. I've always imagined bookstores and vines and coffee. Cher--I like coffee.'' Cheryl giggled at almost referring to herself in the third tense.

(( me too >:D hope school isn't doing you too dirty
Cheryl trotted after him. Clumsy, but actually quite fast. Her athletic build might do her some justice, but she would never actually be as fast as she could have been. The nightfall had never really occurred to her, but she assumed it wouldn't totally be the worst. She giggled at his smile and looked him sideways as if he were adorned with some sort of royal attire. She pryed her own eyes away, smiling to herself and pulling her hood over, small giggles emitting from her.
She looked around and ran a few paces forward, proceeding to run forward and launch herself into a little mound that had built up beside a tree. After a few seconds she was indeed buried beside the tree. "Look, Apollo, I'm cooler than you~!" Her laughter is what caused the snow to fall gradually off of her. When Apollo got to her point she popped out of the snow like a daisy and lined up to his side. "Is your city any different from that city?" she asked, avoiding calling it her own. ''I bet it's ten times prettier. I've always imagined bookstores and vines and coffee. Cher--I like coffee.'' Cheryl giggled at almost referring to herself in the third tense.

(( me too >:D hope school isn't doing you too dirty

FR Time +0
Single haha
She/Her
3DReferences!
MCdAqdk.png
fkWjutW.png
Jd88XNq.png
Apollo laughed as Cheryl jumped into the pile of snow, making a snowy pun as she did. It was nice to have a friend, strange but nice. Cheryl seemed to be a bundle of happy energy, seemingly the complete opposite of him. When Cheryl popped out of the pile of snow and asked about his village he quickly responded. "Er, it's not really much of a city." He said, scratching his head. "It's a lot smaller and less noticeable than that." He motioned to the city behind them which was slowly getting smaller and smaller as they walked up the first hill. "With all of the fighting and hatred, enchanted sort of had to hide the cities and villages where we live. Granted, there are some bigger settlements elsewhere, ones that actually look like cities, but I haven't been to any of those."

"As for how pretty it is." He said, having to put some thought into the question. "I'm not really sure how to answer that. I guess it depends on what you think pretty is. There's a lot of small houses scattered everywhere along with a bunch of farming plots. Most of our buildings are small enough to stay hidden amongst the trees. There's a lot of trees in our village. There' the normal sakura ones that are everywhere but there's other types too, but I don't remember what types they are." They had made it to the top of the hill by this point, Apollo carefully began descending in a hybrid form of walking and sliding. "Make sure not to fall." He said to Cheryl, dragging the sled behind him.

((It's been alright so far, I haven't done too hot on my recent math tests tho. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my grades back up cause it's only the start of the year^^))
Apollo laughed as Cheryl jumped into the pile of snow, making a snowy pun as she did. It was nice to have a friend, strange but nice. Cheryl seemed to be a bundle of happy energy, seemingly the complete opposite of him. When Cheryl popped out of the pile of snow and asked about his village he quickly responded. "Er, it's not really much of a city." He said, scratching his head. "It's a lot smaller and less noticeable than that." He motioned to the city behind them which was slowly getting smaller and smaller as they walked up the first hill. "With all of the fighting and hatred, enchanted sort of had to hide the cities and villages where we live. Granted, there are some bigger settlements elsewhere, ones that actually look like cities, but I haven't been to any of those."

"As for how pretty it is." He said, having to put some thought into the question. "I'm not really sure how to answer that. I guess it depends on what you think pretty is. There's a lot of small houses scattered everywhere along with a bunch of farming plots. Most of our buildings are small enough to stay hidden amongst the trees. There's a lot of trees in our village. There' the normal sakura ones that are everywhere but there's other types too, but I don't remember what types they are." They had made it to the top of the hill by this point, Apollo carefully began descending in a hybrid form of walking and sliding. "Make sure not to fall." He said to Cheryl, dragging the sled behind him.

((It's been alright so far, I haven't done too hot on my recent math tests tho. Hopefully I'll be able to pull my grades back up cause it's only the start of the year^^))
mU3UPIq.jpeg
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 49 50