Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | More than Human (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Theta

He came out of his house and looked around for a second before strolling down the sidewalk as he thought,
I can't tell anyone what I can do... Even some of my closest friends.
Even my mom...
Only I know about my lizard form. And I'd like to keep it that way... As I don't want to be judged for what I am.

Theta crossed the street and walked a bit more before coming up on one of those healing crystal stores and looking in the window for a moment as he muttered,
"Quartz, Amethyst, Citrine... All the same thing, just different colors... Agate dyed bright colors... Do you have something I don't already have? Maybe..."
He stood there for the moment, debating if he wanted to go in and look around a bit more or not.
Arryn

She walked up to the counter of the shop she worked at as an older woman handed her a package and said,
"This delivery is for Mr. Eclair, his address is on the box in case you forget dear~"

Arryn nodded quickly as she replied,
"Y-Yes Laura... I-I'll get right to it!"
She read the address quickly before putting the small box in her satchel as she thought,
All the way on the other side of town... Of course that would be my luck for my first run of the day.
Too bad I can't just shift and have this taken care of in a matter of minutes!

She sighed a bit before waving to Laura and running out the front door and running down the sidewalk.
The fastest way there on foot would be to run to the end of this street, cross it going left... Then I could either cut through some alleys...
She thought as she began to draw up a mental map of the city from above, thanks to the few times she shifted into a dragonfly or butterfly and flew high enough to see it like that.

((Both are open as hecc and OOC link))
Theta

He came out of his house and looked around for a second before strolling down the sidewalk as he thought,
I can't tell anyone what I can do... Even some of my closest friends.
Even my mom...
Only I know about my lizard form. And I'd like to keep it that way... As I don't want to be judged for what I am.

Theta crossed the street and walked a bit more before coming up on one of those healing crystal stores and looking in the window for a moment as he muttered,
"Quartz, Amethyst, Citrine... All the same thing, just different colors... Agate dyed bright colors... Do you have something I don't already have? Maybe..."
He stood there for the moment, debating if he wanted to go in and look around a bit more or not.
Arryn

She walked up to the counter of the shop she worked at as an older woman handed her a package and said,
"This delivery is for Mr. Eclair, his address is on the box in case you forget dear~"

Arryn nodded quickly as she replied,
"Y-Yes Laura... I-I'll get right to it!"
She read the address quickly before putting the small box in her satchel as she thought,
All the way on the other side of town... Of course that would be my luck for my first run of the day.
Too bad I can't just shift and have this taken care of in a matter of minutes!

She sighed a bit before waving to Laura and running out the front door and running down the sidewalk.
The fastest way there on foot would be to run to the end of this street, cross it going left... Then I could either cut through some alleys...
She thought as she began to draw up a mental map of the city from above, thanks to the few times she shifted into a dragonfly or butterfly and flew high enough to see it like that.

((Both are open as hecc and OOC link))
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
((Yay! Let's do this! I'm subbed btw))

Maximilian

Max hummed to himself as he exited his house, shutting the door behind him. He made sure it was locked and pocketed the key before making his way down the sidewalk. He knew exactly where he was going... most likely. Probably. Maybe.

His dad was at work, and his mom and sister were out running errands, so this was the best time to go out and get something for each of them. He felt they deserved it, since they worked hard every day. Maybe he would get them a nice drink at a cafe, or jewelry for the girls?

No, Raine's not too big on jewelry, he thought to himself, smiling as he thought of his family. But mom is! She loves all sorts of jewels and stuff. Dad's gonna be trickier, he never really tells me what he wants. I wish he did, but I'll have to work with what I have! Which is... not much, but still.

He was walking at a steady pace, one hand in his pocket, which held his wallet. He saved up all his allowance money for this, and now he could finally use it. He was excited! He couldn't wait to see how his family would react to whatever he was going to get them. He probably should've thought about it, but it was still going to be great, and-

Alright, Max, calm down! Calm down...

He took a deep breath, chuckling awkwardly to himself. Getting too hyped up might result in an accidental transformation. Lord knows he didn't need that happening, not after all this time of hiding. More than anything, he wished he didn't have to hide his true species, but that was the way the world worked. Human society didn't like Shifters, that's what his mom and dad said. He would probably have to hide for the rest of his life.

Geez, now I'm thinking negative things? This is not what I meant by calming down.

He stopped when he noticed a healing crystal store nearby. Maybe his mom would want one of those? She talked about healing crystals sometimes. Whether or not they actually worked, she seemed to admire them. His smile grew as he made the decision to walk over there, being careful as to not get hit by any cars as he crossed over to the other side of the street.

He noticed someone standing in front of the store, looking deep in thought. He looked to be around his age, maybe a year older. It would be nice to talk to someone. He never thought about how weird it might be to suddenly walk up to a stranger and start a conversation with them out of nowhere. Not being able to go to school left him starved of socialization.

He walked up to the young man with a cheerful grin on his face. "Hi!" he greeted, glancing at the crystals in the window. "What a lovely day, isn't it? Good day to shop, too! That's what I'm doing. Are you gonna get a crystal? I'm thinking about it. I bet my mom would like one... I dunno which one, though."

Jaime

Jaime breathed a heavy sigh as he softly closed the door and darted away from the apartment complex. He didn't care where he was going, he just wanted to leave. His stepfather was asleep as usual, and he didn't want to wake him up and make him mad, so he snuck past him. There was a close call, which almost completely paralyzed him with fear, but luckily, he got past him.

Maybe I should go somewhere where there isn't that many people... yeah. I like that.

He couldn't just walk into any building, given he was a registered Shifter and there were places that didn't allow those. He had to get registered as soon as he got here, which he really didn't want to do. A part of him wanted to take the card with all his transformations listed on it and throw it in a fire or something. The other part of him knew what would happen if he did that.

He slowed down as he got further away from his apartment, shoving both hands into the pockets of his jacket. He was walking aimlessly, not thinking about how easy it would be to get lost in a city like this at the moment. Anything to get away from the place where he felt as though he didn't exist at all.
((Yay! Let's do this! I'm subbed btw))

Maximilian

Max hummed to himself as he exited his house, shutting the door behind him. He made sure it was locked and pocketed the key before making his way down the sidewalk. He knew exactly where he was going... most likely. Probably. Maybe.

His dad was at work, and his mom and sister were out running errands, so this was the best time to go out and get something for each of them. He felt they deserved it, since they worked hard every day. Maybe he would get them a nice drink at a cafe, or jewelry for the girls?

No, Raine's not too big on jewelry, he thought to himself, smiling as he thought of his family. But mom is! She loves all sorts of jewels and stuff. Dad's gonna be trickier, he never really tells me what he wants. I wish he did, but I'll have to work with what I have! Which is... not much, but still.

He was walking at a steady pace, one hand in his pocket, which held his wallet. He saved up all his allowance money for this, and now he could finally use it. He was excited! He couldn't wait to see how his family would react to whatever he was going to get them. He probably should've thought about it, but it was still going to be great, and-

Alright, Max, calm down! Calm down...

He took a deep breath, chuckling awkwardly to himself. Getting too hyped up might result in an accidental transformation. Lord knows he didn't need that happening, not after all this time of hiding. More than anything, he wished he didn't have to hide his true species, but that was the way the world worked. Human society didn't like Shifters, that's what his mom and dad said. He would probably have to hide for the rest of his life.

Geez, now I'm thinking negative things? This is not what I meant by calming down.

He stopped when he noticed a healing crystal store nearby. Maybe his mom would want one of those? She talked about healing crystals sometimes. Whether or not they actually worked, she seemed to admire them. His smile grew as he made the decision to walk over there, being careful as to not get hit by any cars as he crossed over to the other side of the street.

He noticed someone standing in front of the store, looking deep in thought. He looked to be around his age, maybe a year older. It would be nice to talk to someone. He never thought about how weird it might be to suddenly walk up to a stranger and start a conversation with them out of nowhere. Not being able to go to school left him starved of socialization.

He walked up to the young man with a cheerful grin on his face. "Hi!" he greeted, glancing at the crystals in the window. "What a lovely day, isn't it? Good day to shop, too! That's what I'm doing. Are you gonna get a crystal? I'm thinking about it. I bet my mom would like one... I dunno which one, though."

Jaime

Jaime breathed a heavy sigh as he softly closed the door and darted away from the apartment complex. He didn't care where he was going, he just wanted to leave. His stepfather was asleep as usual, and he didn't want to wake him up and make him mad, so he snuck past him. There was a close call, which almost completely paralyzed him with fear, but luckily, he got past him.

Maybe I should go somewhere where there isn't that many people... yeah. I like that.

He couldn't just walk into any building, given he was a registered Shifter and there were places that didn't allow those. He had to get registered as soon as he got here, which he really didn't want to do. A part of him wanted to take the card with all his transformations listed on it and throw it in a fire or something. The other part of him knew what would happen if he did that.

He slowed down as he got further away from his apartment, shoving both hands into the pockets of his jacket. He was walking aimlessly, not thinking about how easy it would be to get lost in a city like this at the moment. Anything to get away from the place where he felt as though he didn't exist at all.
xk7ymDQ.png
Leander Bell

Leander was rarely home, much to the dismay of their mother. Home was stuffy, and they had things to do, ranging from their part-time job to the multitude of physical activities they had gotten into in hopes of preventing themselves from shifting. It didn't help that the small household was normally gloomy around this time of year, what with the anniversary of their father's "incident" being right around the corner. Leander did want to stay home and support their mother. However, their presence, and general existence as a shifter, seemed to have the opposite effect. And they couldn't help but feel strange mourning for somebody they'd never met, anyway. Instead, Leander chose to spend as much time away from home as they could.

Leander wasn't thinking too deep into their family situation at the moment, though, being busy with opening a snack bag. They had been walking around the city, as they often did, but a rumbling stomach soon led to them ducking into a corner store (sporting an anti-shifter sign) for something to munch on.
Though their appearance often drew strange looks, Leander knew that confidence and self control was key to masquerading as human. If they acted human enough, and had the identification (or the lack thereof) to back them up, they rarely appeared as anything more than a human teenager with a fondness for hair dye. They'd done it many times before, to the point that they had convinced themselves that they were human on occasion.

However, Leander's heart still raced just as much as it did every time they exited somewhere they didn't belong. There hadn't been an incident for as long as they remembered, but it would be just their luck if one day they crossed paths with somebody who was as good at telling shifters and humans apart as Leander was at blending them together. They were always left a bit frustrated and jumpy afterwards, annoyed that they had to go through all of this trouble to enter a single building.

...Huh.

The fact that the chip bag still wasn't opening made them far more frustrated than any human did, though. They had gotten back to walking, keeping up a slow stroll as they struggled to tug the stubborn bag open. An annoyed growl escaped their throat, though they quickly quenched it, disguising it as a cough. They weren't paying particular attention to what- or who- was in their path, instead being focused on the food.
Leander Bell

Leander was rarely home, much to the dismay of their mother. Home was stuffy, and they had things to do, ranging from their part-time job to the multitude of physical activities they had gotten into in hopes of preventing themselves from shifting. It didn't help that the small household was normally gloomy around this time of year, what with the anniversary of their father's "incident" being right around the corner. Leander did want to stay home and support their mother. However, their presence, and general existence as a shifter, seemed to have the opposite effect. And they couldn't help but feel strange mourning for somebody they'd never met, anyway. Instead, Leander chose to spend as much time away from home as they could.

Leander wasn't thinking too deep into their family situation at the moment, though, being busy with opening a snack bag. They had been walking around the city, as they often did, but a rumbling stomach soon led to them ducking into a corner store (sporting an anti-shifter sign) for something to munch on.
Though their appearance often drew strange looks, Leander knew that confidence and self control was key to masquerading as human. If they acted human enough, and had the identification (or the lack thereof) to back them up, they rarely appeared as anything more than a human teenager with a fondness for hair dye. They'd done it many times before, to the point that they had convinced themselves that they were human on occasion.

However, Leander's heart still raced just as much as it did every time they exited somewhere they didn't belong. There hadn't been an incident for as long as they remembered, but it would be just their luck if one day they crossed paths with somebody who was as good at telling shifters and humans apart as Leander was at blending them together. They were always left a bit frustrated and jumpy afterwards, annoyed that they had to go through all of this trouble to enter a single building.

...Huh.

The fact that the chip bag still wasn't opening made them far more frustrated than any human did, though. They had gotten back to walking, keeping up a slow stroll as they struggled to tug the stubborn bag open. An annoyed growl escaped their throat, though they quickly quenched it, disguising it as a cough. They weren't paying particular attention to what- or who- was in their path, instead being focused on the food.
LKF!
(They/Them)
Bogsneak Enjoyer
Comms - Art Search
Westley

West didn't leave the house much nowadays. He didn't have much in the way of friends, and his job is entirely online (partly because they didn't trust a shifter to come into the office). But even hermits need fresh groceries, and most stores wouldn't deliver to him.

So, outside it was. Unfortunately, he couldn't be in his blended form while outside, as even without the claws and venom, it was a lot more threatening to see a six-and-a-half foot shifter than one who's barely five feet tall. He was walking down the street, fidgeting with his shifter card as he went, feeling no need to hide it.
Westley

West didn't leave the house much nowadays. He didn't have much in the way of friends, and his job is entirely online (partly because they didn't trust a shifter to come into the office). But even hermits need fresh groceries, and most stores wouldn't deliver to him.

So, outside it was. Unfortunately, he couldn't be in his blended form while outside, as even without the claws and venom, it was a lot more threatening to see a six-and-a-half foot shifter than one who's barely five feet tall. He was walking down the street, fidgeting with his shifter card as he went, feeling no need to hide it.

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Eleanor leaned outside her window, humming to the pair of bluejays perched on a nearby tree. They'd made their nest near her and she liked checking on them every day. Sometimes they'd tell her about interesting things that happened that she could investigate too. To outsiders, it'd probably look like a bird fanatic twittering nonsense but she found conversations with birds a lot more fun since she had nothing to hide. She was living in what amounted to a dingy attic, but she liked the feeling of being up high and having a wide view of the street. She couldn't fly as freely in the city so it would have to do for a substitute. The rent was also cheap enough for someone with such an unstable job as her, so everything worked out.

Eleanor stretched, looking over the street a bit precariously and leaning most of her body outside. Now, what would be a good subject for today? The newspaper didn't need her urgently so she was going to spend the day on photography. She could get some interesting photos of the buildings sure but those were a bit worn out and risky. She'd love to photograph birds any day but they weren't the most profitable. She sighed, stepping back from the window and getting her portable camera. She might as well venture out and see what inspiration strikes her.

The black-haired girl stepped onto the sidewalk, making her way to a more bustling street. There was quite a lot of foot traffic with people walking here and there. Some were rushing with a purpose, like a girl that seemed to be delivering a package, while others were more meandering around without one. She quickly noticed someone struggling with a chip bag and getting somewhat irrationally angry over it. She chuckled, snapping a quick picture. It wasn't any use for her professionally, but she still liked taking pictures of anything that caught her eye. Their two-toned hair was also quite interesting, like the duality of the day and night.

((got kinda stumped on a starter, hope this works .w.))
Eleanor leaned outside her window, humming to the pair of bluejays perched on a nearby tree. They'd made their nest near her and she liked checking on them every day. Sometimes they'd tell her about interesting things that happened that she could investigate too. To outsiders, it'd probably look like a bird fanatic twittering nonsense but she found conversations with birds a lot more fun since she had nothing to hide. She was living in what amounted to a dingy attic, but she liked the feeling of being up high and having a wide view of the street. She couldn't fly as freely in the city so it would have to do for a substitute. The rent was also cheap enough for someone with such an unstable job as her, so everything worked out.

Eleanor stretched, looking over the street a bit precariously and leaning most of her body outside. Now, what would be a good subject for today? The newspaper didn't need her urgently so she was going to spend the day on photography. She could get some interesting photos of the buildings sure but those were a bit worn out and risky. She'd love to photograph birds any day but they weren't the most profitable. She sighed, stepping back from the window and getting her portable camera. She might as well venture out and see what inspiration strikes her.

The black-haired girl stepped onto the sidewalk, making her way to a more bustling street. There was quite a lot of foot traffic with people walking here and there. Some were rushing with a purpose, like a girl that seemed to be delivering a package, while others were more meandering around without one. She quickly noticed someone struggling with a chip bag and getting somewhat irrationally angry over it. She chuckled, snapping a quick picture. It wasn't any use for her professionally, but she still liked taking pictures of anything that caught her eye. Their two-toned hair was also quite interesting, like the duality of the day and night.

((got kinda stumped on a starter, hope this works .w.))
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Jaime

Jaime soon let his focus drift while he continued to wander without a clear destination in mind. He knew if he payed too much attention to the people around him, it would make him anxious. Not that he necessarily needed to hide the fact that he was a Shifter, but he still didn’t want to shift in front of everyone and get negative attention for it. He looked odd anyway, with his white hair and pale skin.

As he slowly regained awareness of what he was doing and where he was going, he found he was close to running into someone with black-cherry hair fidgeting with a card. He managed to stop himself just in time, but he was still startled, gasping when he noticed the man in front of him.

“A-aah! I’m sorry, sir!” he apologized immediately, heart beating fast. “I should probably watch where I’m going...”

He trailed off when he glanced down at the card the man had. It took him a few seconds to recognize what it actually was, and when he did, he slowly returned his gaze to the man. He probably should have thought about his next action, but in the moment, he didn’t think ahead.

He pulled out his own card from his pocket. “I’ve got one too,” he said, glancing around to check if anyone was listening. Not like it would’ve really mattered. He took a deep breath, trying to stop his face from turning completely red with embarrassment.

“Anyways, I’m sorry if I startled you, sir. I-I’m Jaime.”
Jaime

Jaime soon let his focus drift while he continued to wander without a clear destination in mind. He knew if he payed too much attention to the people around him, it would make him anxious. Not that he necessarily needed to hide the fact that he was a Shifter, but he still didn’t want to shift in front of everyone and get negative attention for it. He looked odd anyway, with his white hair and pale skin.

As he slowly regained awareness of what he was doing and where he was going, he found he was close to running into someone with black-cherry hair fidgeting with a card. He managed to stop himself just in time, but he was still startled, gasping when he noticed the man in front of him.

“A-aah! I’m sorry, sir!” he apologized immediately, heart beating fast. “I should probably watch where I’m going...”

He trailed off when he glanced down at the card the man had. It took him a few seconds to recognize what it actually was, and when he did, he slowly returned his gaze to the man. He probably should have thought about his next action, but in the moment, he didn’t think ahead.

He pulled out his own card from his pocket. “I’ve got one too,” he said, glancing around to check if anyone was listening. Not like it would’ve really mattered. He took a deep breath, trying to stop his face from turning completely red with embarrassment.

“Anyways, I’m sorry if I startled you, sir. I-I’m Jaime.”
xk7ymDQ.png
Theta

He looked at the other boy and blinked as he thought,
Holy crap, I didn't expect to be questioned by the inquisition today... But then again nobody expects the Spanish inquisition...
He started smiling at his own dumb thoughts as he replied,
"Can't refute that it's a nice day, the sun always makes a day better. But yeah, I was probably going to get something from here... I've got a bit of an obsession with stones and crystals."
There was a slight pause before he added,
"And if you're looking to get one for your mom, starting with what her favorite color is could be nice, or based on the 'healing' properties of the crystal... If you're into that kind of thing."
Theta then opened the door to the shop, but held it as he put his other hand out and said,
"Might as well introduce myself, I'm Theta."

Arryn

She paused for a moment when she thought she heard a growl from somewhere, and her own anxiety latched onto it as she thought,
Oh crap! Someone got a Shifter mad... What if they fight? Or worse... I get caught in the middle and shift into a fracking dragonfly and get smashed?
She made a nervous chittering noise and could taste a bit of acid in her mouth as she looked around nervously, her eyes becoming faceted as she tried to pinpoint the source of the noise.

A wasp zipped past her on one side, drawing her paranoid attention to a dude struggling with a bag of chips.
Okay, anxiety brain... Calm down, you clearly are making things up again!
Arryn started to walk over as she looked around in her satchel and muttered,
"Where are you, I know I've got some scissors in here somewhere..."
After a few more seconds she pulled out a pair of small scissors and offered them to the frustrated individual as she said,
"Th-These might h-help a bit... A-As the ones th-that don't open easily t-tend to e-explosively tear open."
Her free hand jittered around a bit before settling on a position with just one finger extended as a wasp landed on it.

((And to clarify... 'Dude' is being used in a gender neutral context))
Theta

He looked at the other boy and blinked as he thought,
Holy crap, I didn't expect to be questioned by the inquisition today... But then again nobody expects the Spanish inquisition...
He started smiling at his own dumb thoughts as he replied,
"Can't refute that it's a nice day, the sun always makes a day better. But yeah, I was probably going to get something from here... I've got a bit of an obsession with stones and crystals."
There was a slight pause before he added,
"And if you're looking to get one for your mom, starting with what her favorite color is could be nice, or based on the 'healing' properties of the crystal... If you're into that kind of thing."
Theta then opened the door to the shop, but held it as he put his other hand out and said,
"Might as well introduce myself, I'm Theta."

Arryn

She paused for a moment when she thought she heard a growl from somewhere, and her own anxiety latched onto it as she thought,
Oh crap! Someone got a Shifter mad... What if they fight? Or worse... I get caught in the middle and shift into a fracking dragonfly and get smashed?
She made a nervous chittering noise and could taste a bit of acid in her mouth as she looked around nervously, her eyes becoming faceted as she tried to pinpoint the source of the noise.

A wasp zipped past her on one side, drawing her paranoid attention to a dude struggling with a bag of chips.
Okay, anxiety brain... Calm down, you clearly are making things up again!
Arryn started to walk over as she looked around in her satchel and muttered,
"Where are you, I know I've got some scissors in here somewhere..."
After a few more seconds she pulled out a pair of small scissors and offered them to the frustrated individual as she said,
"Th-These might h-help a bit... A-As the ones th-that don't open easily t-tend to e-explosively tear open."
Her free hand jittered around a bit before settling on a position with just one finger extended as a wasp landed on it.

((And to clarify... 'Dude' is being used in a gender neutral context))
slXRG.gif
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Dress up
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basilisks
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif She/her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Writer/artist

arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lady, Smiles
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Theatre Kid/FR+ 3
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Roleplayer - Stafshall Park (OPEN!!!)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Blood Wyverns
Westley

West was somewhat caught off guard when he'd been nearly ran into, almost slipping the card into his pocket, but ended up stopping himself when he realized it was just a teenager. And one with a card too, he realized as they pulled out one of their own. Another releif, it was basically the best possible outcome!

"It's fine, a little fright makes the day more interesting. My name's West, by the way." He casually put the card back in his pocket and took another look at the kid in front of him. They were pretty young and all alone, and even if they could handle themselves as a shifter, it still didn't sit right with him. "Actually, why don't you head with me to the store? You could really use some adult supervision, kid."
Westley

West was somewhat caught off guard when he'd been nearly ran into, almost slipping the card into his pocket, but ended up stopping himself when he realized it was just a teenager. And one with a card too, he realized as they pulled out one of their own. Another releif, it was basically the best possible outcome!

"It's fine, a little fright makes the day more interesting. My name's West, by the way." He casually put the card back in his pocket and took another look at the kid in front of him. They were pretty young and all alone, and even if they could handle themselves as a shifter, it still didn't sit right with him. "Actually, why don't you head with me to the store? You could really use some adult supervision, kid."

YUDnQsm.png
1vAtYxM.png
JNaCTSP.png
4xqaZpf.png

bYt72YT.png
ZA25l2S.png
1j2YGao.png
YMPbu9R.png
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]

• We make art!
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
[]
Maximilian

Max grinned when the young man responded, mentioning he was obsessed with stones and crystals. That caught his interest, but he held his tongue until after the other was done speaking. He noted the advice he was given, nodding gratefully. Starting with her favorite color was a very good idea, as he didn't actually know much about the properties of the crystals, but he wasn't about to mention that just yet.

"Wow, thanks a lot! You must know a lot about these crystals," he replied, reaching out and shaking the boy's hand after he introduced himself. "Theta! That's a neat name. I'm Maximilian, but you can just call me Max if you'd like."

He made sure not to hold onto Theta's hand for too long, drawing it back after a couple good, firm shakes. He turned towards the door, which Theta was kindly holding open.

"Wanna go look together? I bet we'll find something for each of us," he offered, giggling as he took a few steps into the shop. He grabbed the other side of the door once he was inside to continue keeping it open for Theta.

Jaime

To say Jaime was relieved by the man's forgiveness was an understatement. He couldn't help but smile shakily. He thought he would just brush him off and leave, but he was glad that wasn't happening. He's right, I guess the day does get interesting when you get a little scared. Like this morning, maybe. Yeah.

However, when West extended an invitation to accompany him to the store, he was taken aback. No one had ever asked him to go with them anywhere before, much less to the store. Not even his stepfather ever took him places; he would always leave him at home by himself. He almost didn't know how to respond, but before he could think it through, he nodded in agreement.

"Um, sure! Yeah, I'll go with you," he replied, his smile changing from shaky to genuine. "I'll try to help as best as I can. My stepfather never really takes me anywhere..."

Did I really just say that?? My stepdad's gonna kill me...
Maximilian

Max grinned when the young man responded, mentioning he was obsessed with stones and crystals. That caught his interest, but he held his tongue until after the other was done speaking. He noted the advice he was given, nodding gratefully. Starting with her favorite color was a very good idea, as he didn't actually know much about the properties of the crystals, but he wasn't about to mention that just yet.

"Wow, thanks a lot! You must know a lot about these crystals," he replied, reaching out and shaking the boy's hand after he introduced himself. "Theta! That's a neat name. I'm Maximilian, but you can just call me Max if you'd like."

He made sure not to hold onto Theta's hand for too long, drawing it back after a couple good, firm shakes. He turned towards the door, which Theta was kindly holding open.

"Wanna go look together? I bet we'll find something for each of us," he offered, giggling as he took a few steps into the shop. He grabbed the other side of the door once he was inside to continue keeping it open for Theta.

Jaime

To say Jaime was relieved by the man's forgiveness was an understatement. He couldn't help but smile shakily. He thought he would just brush him off and leave, but he was glad that wasn't happening. He's right, I guess the day does get interesting when you get a little scared. Like this morning, maybe. Yeah.

However, when West extended an invitation to accompany him to the store, he was taken aback. No one had ever asked him to go with them anywhere before, much less to the store. Not even his stepfather ever took him places; he would always leave him at home by himself. He almost didn't know how to respond, but before he could think it through, he nodded in agreement.

"Um, sure! Yeah, I'll go with you," he replied, his smile changing from shaky to genuine. "I'll try to help as best as I can. My stepfather never really takes me anywhere..."

Did I really just say that?? My stepdad's gonna kill me...
xk7ymDQ.png
Kiezil Akare

Sorrel wings fluttered daintily in an effort to send a certain finch to its perch upon a nearby power line. To most onlookers it would seem to be a simple bird mulling about its simple life, but that was far from the case. This small avian was none other than Kiezil Akare; a shifter. And it was no coincidence that she had chosen this particular place to rest. Kie took great interest in looking in on other people's lives. Even if it was just for a moment. It was one of the few ways she had to learn new things not to mention a prime source of entertainment.

This proved to be especially true today.

What she assumed to be a human wrestled with a chip bag whilst some nervous delivery girl fidgeted nearby with scissors. Not only that, but another dark-haired human appeared on the scene only to silently snap a photo of the occasion. Intriguing. It was tempting to get closer if only so she could hear whatever conversation bubbled up.

The finch shuffled on its perch for a heartbeat or two as she mulled over the decision. In all honesty it was a terrible idea to fly further down. This form was by far the most vulnerable out of all of them. But in the heat of her curiosity Kie couldn't help but hop off the line and hover down to the top of a nearby garbage can. Here she was closest to the dark-haired girl that was adorning the camera though could still see - and more importantly hear - the chip duo a few yards away.

All three looked interesting in their own right, but Kie didn't immediately notice anything odd.
Kiezil Akare

Sorrel wings fluttered daintily in an effort to send a certain finch to its perch upon a nearby power line. To most onlookers it would seem to be a simple bird mulling about its simple life, but that was far from the case. This small avian was none other than Kiezil Akare; a shifter. And it was no coincidence that she had chosen this particular place to rest. Kie took great interest in looking in on other people's lives. Even if it was just for a moment. It was one of the few ways she had to learn new things not to mention a prime source of entertainment.

This proved to be especially true today.

What she assumed to be a human wrestled with a chip bag whilst some nervous delivery girl fidgeted nearby with scissors. Not only that, but another dark-haired human appeared on the scene only to silently snap a photo of the occasion. Intriguing. It was tempting to get closer if only so she could hear whatever conversation bubbled up.

The finch shuffled on its perch for a heartbeat or two as she mulled over the decision. In all honesty it was a terrible idea to fly further down. This form was by far the most vulnerable out of all of them. But in the heat of her curiosity Kie couldn't help but hop off the line and hover down to the top of a nearby garbage can. Here she was closest to the dark-haired girl that was adorning the camera though could still see - and more importantly hear - the chip duo a few yards away.

All three looked interesting in their own right, but Kie didn't immediately notice anything odd.
Yx-Lpm2-Q222.pngFR+2 | She/Her | WishlistYxLpm2Q.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16