Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The Dragon Trials | IC
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22
@TangerineFruit

Oh! Thanks, I'll delete my recent post and interact with Holly then//
@TangerineFruit

Oh! Thanks, I'll delete my recent post and interact with Holly then//
kXpNHpy.pngx5veEfA.pngw8HtnyN.pngm5Wt3n0.png7GFlGJN.pngm78opSZ.pngFigRrw4.png2LoJMPl.pngmVbiNgO.pngRRK8S82.png
QNbfPfg.png
Matt scoffed, sparing no sass as he rolled his eyes at the words of the Welsh man. "Just because there isn't any evidence doesn't mean it's automatically magic." He waved his hands around in a flourish, sarcasm practically dripping from his voice. "Cults go above and beyond to wrangle unsuspecting victims in."

He snorted once more, choosing not to comment on the gambling part of the man's statement. So sure.... Matt, in fact, was a gambling man. Always had been. He just recently got out of debt with some...interesting people because of his destructive habits. The House spared no one and his luck was always low.

His gaze flicked to the banged up man that came on the bike, an amused smirk playing at his face as he said, "Well, if we get jumped I know who I'm standing behind." His mind backpedaled then and he barked out a startled laugh. "Mate...wait, you've actually had experience with an actual cult before? Damn, that must have been rough. My sincerest condolences." He gave a mock bow at the waist before straightening up, rolling his shoulders as he looked around.

Being in debt to a mastermind ringleader was kind of like being in a cult, right? Those gambling rings - the card games, the unlimited amount of chips that they had to offer, the saccharine promises - were something else, that was for sure.

Just because it was a bad experience didn't mean he willingly stayed away. His fingers still itched to fiddle with the stacks of chips on that green table, a lazy smirk on his face as he got a good hand and prayed to whatever gambling god out there that he had enough luck to get a full house-
Matt scoffed, sparing no sass as he rolled his eyes at the words of the Welsh man. "Just because there isn't any evidence doesn't mean it's automatically magic." He waved his hands around in a flourish, sarcasm practically dripping from his voice. "Cults go above and beyond to wrangle unsuspecting victims in."

He snorted once more, choosing not to comment on the gambling part of the man's statement. So sure.... Matt, in fact, was a gambling man. Always had been. He just recently got out of debt with some...interesting people because of his destructive habits. The House spared no one and his luck was always low.

His gaze flicked to the banged up man that came on the bike, an amused smirk playing at his face as he said, "Well, if we get jumped I know who I'm standing behind." His mind backpedaled then and he barked out a startled laugh. "Mate...wait, you've actually had experience with an actual cult before? Damn, that must have been rough. My sincerest condolences." He gave a mock bow at the waist before straightening up, rolling his shoulders as he looked around.

Being in debt to a mastermind ringleader was kind of like being in a cult, right? Those gambling rings - the card games, the unlimited amount of chips that they had to offer, the saccharine promises - were something else, that was for sure.

Just because it was a bad experience didn't mean he willingly stayed away. His fingers still itched to fiddle with the stacks of chips on that green table, a lazy smirk on his face as he got a good hand and prayed to whatever gambling god out there that he had enough luck to get a full house-
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
Ruben knew cults like the back of his hand. Mostly because of his aduela. His Mamas side of the family come from a long line of voodoo queens. Ruben was raised in a house that warned him about the dangers of the spiritual and cults. His abuela made sure to drill in his head what each cult did in order to bring in more people for their little club or how the get their victims.

Of course he didnt think about this being a lure of some cultists in the first place but now that it was mentioned Ruben thought back to all the lessons before coming to a conclusion
"I-if it b-brings any confert. A-as far as I know this is n-not a type of lure that any c-cults > know about use" Ruben stuttered as he looked around. Plus this place looked rather busy and anyone could spot them if they were lured onto a boat there would be witnesses.

Ruben perked up when someone offered the idea of magic. It sounded kinda unlikely but the more Ruben thought about it the more the idea seemed to make sense in a way. Ruben was a person that believed that there was a chance for something to exist, espically since they knew more about space then the planet they actually lived on.
"I mean, i-its a possibility" he stuttered agreeing with the welch accented man. "I found the e-envalope at the top of the stairs in my house. It w-wasnt there the first time I went down the s-staird" he stuttered.
Ruben knew cults like the back of his hand. Mostly because of his aduela. His Mamas side of the family come from a long line of voodoo queens. Ruben was raised in a house that warned him about the dangers of the spiritual and cults. His abuela made sure to drill in his head what each cult did in order to bring in more people for their little club or how the get their victims.

Of course he didnt think about this being a lure of some cultists in the first place but now that it was mentioned Ruben thought back to all the lessons before coming to a conclusion
"I-if it b-brings any confert. A-as far as I know this is n-not a type of lure that any c-cults > know about use" Ruben stuttered as he looked around. Plus this place looked rather busy and anyone could spot them if they were lured onto a boat there would be witnesses.

Ruben perked up when someone offered the idea of magic. It sounded kinda unlikely but the more Ruben thought about it the more the idea seemed to make sense in a way. Ruben was a person that believed that there was a chance for something to exist, espically since they knew more about space then the planet they actually lived on.
"I mean, i-its a possibility" he stuttered agreeing with the welch accented man. "I found the e-envalope at the top of the stairs in my house. It w-wasnt there the first time I went down the s-staird" he stuttered.
uDNAbBS.png
*does short messages NOISES* Sammy made a low grumble, and she looked around. "OK, if no one's gonna come and find this SeCrEt IsLaNd, I'll do it myself... BUT AFTER I GO TO THE BATHROOM. After I get out I'm leaving!" Sammy ran down under the deck to do her number 1 and 2.
*does short messages NOISES* Sammy made a low grumble, and she looked around. "OK, if no one's gonna come and find this SeCrEt IsLaNd, I'll do it myself... BUT AFTER I GO TO THE BATHROOM. After I get out I'm leaving!" Sammy ran down under the deck to do her number 1 and 2.
NzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif iWG9EFl.gifNzIvRCm.gif NzIvRCm.gif
Fritz
Realizing that everyone was overwhelming the injured guy he took a step back and pocketed his disinfectant spray, eyes bulging when the man said he had dealt with cults before.
“W-What kind of a c-cult was it? Like Heavens Gate or some weird scary stuff?”
When the dude with the heavy accent spoke about magic Fritz rubbed his neck and shook his head.
“I wouldn’t immediately jump to magic… Technology has come very far these days and I wouldn’t put it past cults to use high tech stuff to capture curious recruits.”

Suddenly waving his big hands in the air sweat collected on his face.
“Not to say your completely wrong or anything! Just looking for more realistic ideas…”
When the dude laughed in agreement with Fritz he couldn’t help but feel a smile of his own spreading despite being so nervous.
“Yeah, seriously anything to promote their agenda.”
Fritz
Realizing that everyone was overwhelming the injured guy he took a step back and pocketed his disinfectant spray, eyes bulging when the man said he had dealt with cults before.
“W-What kind of a c-cult was it? Like Heavens Gate or some weird scary stuff?”
When the dude with the heavy accent spoke about magic Fritz rubbed his neck and shook his head.
“I wouldn’t immediately jump to magic… Technology has come very far these days and I wouldn’t put it past cults to use high tech stuff to capture curious recruits.”

Suddenly waving his big hands in the air sweat collected on his face.
“Not to say your completely wrong or anything! Just looking for more realistic ideas…”
When the dude laughed in agreement with Fritz he couldn’t help but feel a smile of his own spreading despite being so nervous.
“Yeah, seriously anything to promote their agenda.”
LEpJMnn.png zNcyhot.png RDt6LqI.png J7D1quC.png qIT33wL.png

WI7lnRZ.png em6G0U2.png SV9CXSe.pngYMPbu9R.png
//@TangerineFruit//
Dawson Bailey

Dawson heard someone talking to them. They turned to see a girl. "Oh- um, yeah, hi." They began to stutter. "I-I did, yes." They weren't quite as prepared as they thought they were. This girl, Holly, had a lot of energy. Nothing like herself. Dawson managed a smile. "I'm Dawson." They twisted their fingers nervously. "Sorry, I-I don't talk to people quite often..."

//Sorry it's short, I can usually come up with something but my mind's a bit blank at the moment//
//@TangerineFruit//
Dawson Bailey

Dawson heard someone talking to them. They turned to see a girl. "Oh- um, yeah, hi." They began to stutter. "I-I did, yes." They weren't quite as prepared as they thought they were. This girl, Holly, had a lot of energy. Nothing like herself. Dawson managed a smile. "I'm Dawson." They twisted their fingers nervously. "Sorry, I-I don't talk to people quite often..."

//Sorry it's short, I can usually come up with something but my mind's a bit blank at the moment//
kXpNHpy.pngx5veEfA.pngw8HtnyN.pngm5Wt3n0.png7GFlGJN.pngm78opSZ.pngFigRrw4.png2LoJMPl.pngmVbiNgO.pngRRK8S82.png
QNbfPfg.png
Phade (short entry still grounded but wanted to get at least one post in)

Phade stayed quiet listening to the others explain therorys and talk about cults completely lost. She kept herself isolated most of the time going to and from home school and Mavricks. "If its magic how come we weren't " magically" bright here? It'd be more believable than words suddenly appearing on paper," Phade said stretching one leg out while holding the other against her chest. She was loud enough to e heard but quiet enough to convey caution. What ever this was something important and life changing was soon to happen. Shejust didn't know what.
Phade (short entry still grounded but wanted to get at least one post in)

Phade stayed quiet listening to the others explain therorys and talk about cults completely lost. She kept herself isolated most of the time going to and from home school and Mavricks. "If its magic how come we weren't " magically" bright here? It'd be more believable than words suddenly appearing on paper," Phade said stretching one leg out while holding the other against her chest. She was loud enough to e heard but quiet enough to convey caution. What ever this was something important and life changing was soon to happen. Shejust didn't know what.
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
Lorelai looked at Matt and squared her shoulders. This was right up her alley, well, the science and investigation part of it.

"Alright, you think it's not magic? Allow me to explain." She said, stepping aside Kado to face Matt.

"First of all, there are no traces of any chemical that would make one start to hallucinate." She said, "No traces of amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, or ecstasy. Not even anesthesia."

"Even if these were drug-induced hallucinations to make us see this dock, there is no way that we would all see the same thing. It's just not possible."

Lorelai's piercing silver eyes were glued on Matt now. She held his gaze firmly as she spoke, "Secondly, the address not only appeared in our 'vision' but also on the paper."

She held out the letter so everyone could see the address they were standing in front of, "And no chemical humans release would be strong enough to activate that. And I already checked with a blacklight. It's not invisible ink. The writing simply just wasn't there before."

"Lastly," she said, folding the letter and putting it away in her purse. "The very definition of a 'cult' is a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. Or, a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. That's exactly what the dictionary reads. And so I have two rhetorical questions for you. Where is the rest of the cult? And, what specific object is there to believe in?"

"Therefore, the most reasonable explanation," said Lorelai, "Is it's magic. When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

~~

Damn, thought Will as he watched the woman speak, She is good.

Will guessed it was magic, but he by far didn't have an explanation as to why.

A smile also flickered across his face when she quoted Sherlock Holmes. This girl was smart. Like, very, very smart. She really knew her stuff, thought Will.
Lorelai looked at Matt and squared her shoulders. This was right up her alley, well, the science and investigation part of it.

"Alright, you think it's not magic? Allow me to explain." She said, stepping aside Kado to face Matt.

"First of all, there are no traces of any chemical that would make one start to hallucinate." She said, "No traces of amphetamines, cocaine, LSD, or ecstasy. Not even anesthesia."

"Even if these were drug-induced hallucinations to make us see this dock, there is no way that we would all see the same thing. It's just not possible."

Lorelai's piercing silver eyes were glued on Matt now. She held his gaze firmly as she spoke, "Secondly, the address not only appeared in our 'vision' but also on the paper."

She held out the letter so everyone could see the address they were standing in front of, "And no chemical humans release would be strong enough to activate that. And I already checked with a blacklight. It's not invisible ink. The writing simply just wasn't there before."

"Lastly," she said, folding the letter and putting it away in her purse. "The very definition of a 'cult' is a system of religious veneration and devotion directed toward a particular figure or object. Or, a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister. That's exactly what the dictionary reads. And so I have two rhetorical questions for you. Where is the rest of the cult? And, what specific object is there to believe in?"

"Therefore, the most reasonable explanation," said Lorelai, "Is it's magic. When you have excluded the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth."

~~

Damn, thought Will as he watched the woman speak, She is good.

Will guessed it was magic, but he by far didn't have an explanation as to why.

A smile also flickered across his face when she quoted Sherlock Holmes. This girl was smart. Like, very, very smart. She really knew her stuff, thought Will.
5rECff0.png

FluffyPillows
Writer
Ask Me To Roleplay! ff

Profile Dragon
Phade

Phade stood up and approached the others. "Magic? How is it possible though? What you said makes sense but now the question is why, how, who, what, and when. How is magic possible? How come its just now showing up?" Phade asked cautiously trying to put the puzzle together. Her hands figited as if she was literally putting a puzzle together. She paused when her phone buzzed. Her mom. Phade held her phone up contemplating whether to answer or not. She looked between her phone and the letter. Sighing she powered her phone off and pocketed it. "What next?"
Phade

Phade stood up and approached the others. "Magic? How is it possible though? What you said makes sense but now the question is why, how, who, what, and when. How is magic possible? How come its just now showing up?" Phade asked cautiously trying to put the puzzle together. Her hands figited as if she was literally putting a puzzle together. She paused when her phone buzzed. Her mom. Phade held her phone up contemplating whether to answer or not. She looked between her phone and the letter. Sighing she powered her phone off and pocketed it. "What next?"
76423401.png 67682904.png 66967264.png
74428082_350.png
"To be completely honest with you mate, I didn't register a single word you said," Matt drawled, a smirk playing at his face as he adjusted his glasses. His eyes glimmered with teasing mirth before he rolled them. With arms crossed over his chest, he snorted.

"Okay? Just because this is a weird as hell situation doesn't mean that it's automatically magic," he said, brow raised and head titled. "The world around us is filled with modern technology. What evidence out there proves that magic exists other than this one freak instance?" He challenged.

He shrugged. "A cult doesn't have to be religious though they usually are. When I was deep in the gambling hole the practices there could have been described as cult-like. There are plenty of objects and beliefs that people latch on to to think they have power over their own fate or some sh*t like that." He waved a hand in a dismissive gesture. "There are cults spread all over the place; one, for example, is The Children, who spread themselves all through the States, never once all congregating together and communicating through coded letters. Kind of like the letter we got."

"I'm not saying magic is impossible," he amended, "I'm just saying that the chance of it manifesting around a group like us makes no sense."
"To be completely honest with you mate, I didn't register a single word you said," Matt drawled, a smirk playing at his face as he adjusted his glasses. His eyes glimmered with teasing mirth before he rolled them. With arms crossed over his chest, he snorted.

"Okay? Just because this is a weird as hell situation doesn't mean that it's automatically magic," he said, brow raised and head titled. "The world around us is filled with modern technology. What evidence out there proves that magic exists other than this one freak instance?" He challenged.

He shrugged. "A cult doesn't have to be religious though they usually are. When I was deep in the gambling hole the practices there could have been described as cult-like. There are plenty of objects and beliefs that people latch on to to think they have power over their own fate or some sh*t like that." He waved a hand in a dismissive gesture. "There are cults spread all over the place; one, for example, is The Children, who spread themselves all through the States, never once all congregating together and communicating through coded letters. Kind of like the letter we got."

"I'm not saying magic is impossible," he amended, "I'm just saying that the chance of it manifesting around a group like us makes no sense."
tumblr-66bae5dcc051242ddee184e33cc68d47-9a6e08ce-500.gif _
Xeno
_____
He/Him
_____
FR +2
__
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 21 22