Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Plaguebrought Era - OOC (OPEN!)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41
[quote name="JustAGamerFurry2" date="2021-03-14 18:27:09" ] YESETH hahahaha now there's no way to prevent some kind of arson or fire-related thing happening in the rp- [/quote] Like that was ever a promise with this Rp. XDDDD She's been added to the fellow loners list! Her name is right there and you can click it to go to her bio. I'll figure out how to make an image for her soon. Edit: did it. UwU
JustAGamerFurry2 wrote on 2021-03-14 18:27:09:
YESETH hahahaha now there's no way to prevent some kind of arson or fire-related thing happening in the rp-

Like that was ever a promise with this Rp. XDDDD

She's been added to the fellow loners list! Her name is right there and you can click it to go to her bio. I'll figure out how to make an image for her soon.

Edit: did it. UwU
windvs1.png 67591808p.png
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Size_and_light_layer_test-_Plaguebrought.png plaguevs1.png wind_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipnl9.gif
[center]I have returned with my grumpy man! [b]Name:[/b] Seashell [b]Gender:[/b] Male | He/Him [b]Flight:[/b] Water [emoji=water rune size=1] [b]Role:[/b] Blacksmith [emoji=blacksmith anvil size=1] [b]Personality:[/b] Despite his name, Seashell is anything but soft or fragile, rather he's as tough as a rock and can often be found hard at work; whether he be repairing armor in the smithy or out searching for ores to refill the camp's stocks. In regards to authority, Seashell is stubborn and typically isn't one to take direct orders. While this may make him seem reckless, Seashell isn't one to let his actions hurt others, and often acts alone. The skydancer is also a bit of a control freak in regards to ore stocks, no matter how much he tries to deny it. He practically watches the stores like a hawk, and when it seems they are getting low, the skydancer won't hesitate to go out on his own to try and restock (and if it wasn't already obvious, he doesn't like asking for help). It should also be noted that Seashell is easily irritable when he's interrupted from his work... [s]Beware of cranky man![/s] [b]Appearance:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/59957342][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/599574/59957342_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Stats:[/b] [i]Minimum points are 5, Maximum points are 20[/i] [indent]Strength - 16 Intelligence - 6 Defense - 17 Constitution - 6 Quickness - 9 Agility - 10 Mind - 7 [/indent] [size=1](I tried.... ;-;)[/size] [b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*]Limited knowledge in water magic (mainly used for smithing). [*]Typically uses his trident for combat & pretty skilled with it too. [/LIST] [b]Backstory:[/b] Before the strange plague swept through Sornieth, Seashell had worked as a travelling blacksmith. Any clan that needed his aid in regards to blacksmithing, Seashell would gladly lend his services. The skydancer also traveled the realms to learn of different techniques in his trade. For a while Seashell had traveled with his apprentice [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65794669]Sanddune[/url], a young ridgeback who'd almost become as close to a son to the skydancer. When Seashell began noticing the carnage from the virus he and Sanddune had been traveling to aid a close friend in the lightning realm. During the trip, the dou had been ambushed by the soulless husks that were once dragon. Seashell came out unscathed, however he doesn't like talking about the subject. The skydancer hasn't said anything specific of his apprentice's fate. [b]Link to their bio:[/b] Image should be linked to his bio. [rule] And a new kid cause lore development... [b]Name:[/b] Machine [b]Gender:[/b] Unknown | It/Them [b]Flight:[/b] Plague [emoji=plague rune size=1] (Built in Lightning though...) [b]Role:[/b] Loner [emoji=sword and shield size=1] [b]Personality:[/b] The automaton is really a pretty neutral character, oftentimes quiet and keeping its thoughts to themself. When in an intense situation it often chooses flight over fight, especially when confronted by a living dragon. Even with the current situation, the automaton is really skittish around others and is basically unsure what exactly to do with themself. [b]Appearance:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65945798][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/659458/65945798_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Stats:[/b] [i]Minimum points are 5, Maximum points are 20[/i] [indent]Strength - ? Intelligence - ? Defense - ? Constitution - ? Quickness - ? Agility - ? Mind - ? [/indent] [size=1](Might update later? I literally have no clue.. The coli hurts my head.)[/size] [b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*] Plumes of smoke are almost always leaking from their helmet. [*] Constantly needing to smelt metals (or sand), which in turn can be used for self defense. [/LIST] [b]Backstory:[/b] This roaming machine has been wandering the realm of lightning for sometime. For the residents of Keravnós City, the automaton had been a mystery to be solved. For the dragons and machines of the Facility, they'd been a target to be hunted down. The automaton has no exact name, and in all honesty, disliked the attention from either side. Often when approached by dragon, beast, or machine, the automaton would turn tail and bolt in the other direction. The wandering forge had been the result of an ancient war long ago. While that war had all been forgotten, the rising city's council had not forgotten of the automatons that took part in it. Before the plague the automaton had mainly been concerned on fleeing from other such machines built to hunt it and others of its kind down and trying to stay in one piece (as time hasn’t exactly been very kind to them). The virus however has come to be somewhat of a blessing for the machine. The drones that once stalked it down have since retreated back to their facility to protect the dragons at risk there. Those engineers who also would attempt to approach the smoking automaton have long since disappeared. However the automaton isn't quite sure of what to think of the soulless husks that now roam Sornieth. [b]Link to their bio:[/b] Image should be linked to their bio. :) [rule] To answer questions, I'm honestly pretty neutral, however I do have a couple preferences/opinions. I honestly don't mind whether or not we start from where we left off, or start a new- however, I feel a bit better on starting everything from the beginning. It might be a bit easier for the new people who want to join, and potentially if people plan on returning with different characters &/or some people that were pretty active don't appear/characters don't show up, etc. I also think roles might be best to flesh out first. New camps are real fun, but it could be a bit overwhelming in the beginning. More roles gives people a bit more options on what they want to do and- depending on how many people return/show up- less locations means more interaction could happen between characters. Uuuuh, sorry for the the long reads... Hope the answers are helpful and I can't wait to hop back into the roleplay! I've also read most of the threads, and I love all the extra stuff that's been added to roles so far! ^-^
I have returned with my grumpy man!

Name: Seashell

Flight: Water

Role: Blacksmith

Personality:
Despite his name, Seashell is anything but soft or fragile, rather he's as tough as a rock and can often be found hard at work; whether he be repairing armor in the smithy or out searching for ores to refill the camp's stocks. In regards to authority, Seashell is stubborn and typically isn't one to take direct orders. While this may make him seem reckless, Seashell isn't one to let his actions hurt others, and often acts alone. The skydancer is also a bit of a control freak in regards to ore stocks, no matter how much he tries to deny it. He practically watches the stores like a hawk, and when it seems they are getting low, the skydancer won't hesitate to go out on his own to try and restock (and if it wasn't already obvious, he doesn't like asking for help). It should also be noted that Seashell is easily irritable when he's interrupted from his work...
Beware of cranky man!

Appearance:
59957342_350.png

Stats:
Minimum points are 5, Maximum points are 20
Strength - 16
Intelligence - 6
Defense - 17
Constitution - 6
Quickness - 9
Agility - 10
Mind - 7
(I tried.... ;-;)

Powers/Abilities:
  • Limited knowledge in water magic (mainly used for smithing).
  • Typically uses his trident for combat & pretty skilled with it too.
Backstory:
Before the strange plague swept through Sornieth, Seashell had worked as a travelling blacksmith. Any clan that needed his aid in regards to blacksmithing, Seashell would gladly lend his services. The skydancer also traveled the realms to learn of different techniques in his trade. For a while Seashell had traveled with his apprentice Sanddune, a young ridgeback who'd almost become as close to a son to the skydancer.
When Seashell began noticing the carnage from the virus he and Sanddune had been traveling to aid a close friend in the lightning realm. During the trip, the dou had been ambushed by the soulless husks that were once dragon. Seashell came out unscathed, however he doesn't like talking about the subject. The skydancer hasn't said anything specific of his apprentice's fate.

Link to their bio: Image should be linked to his bio.

And a new kid cause lore development...

Name: Machine

Flight: Plague
(Built in Lightning though...)

Role: Loner

Personality:
The automaton is really a pretty neutral character, oftentimes quiet and keeping its thoughts to themself. When in an intense situation it often chooses flight over fight, especially when confronted by a living dragon. Even with the current situation, the automaton is really skittish around others and is basically unsure what exactly to do with themself.

Appearance:
65945798_350.png

Stats:
Strength - ?
Intelligence - ?
Defense - ?
Constitution - ?
Quickness - ?
Agility - ?
Mind - ?
(Might update later? I literally have no clue.. The coli hurts my head.)

Powers/Abilities:
  • Plumes of smoke are almost always leaking from their helmet.
  • Constantly needing to smelt metals (or sand), which in turn can be used for self defense.

Backstory:
This roaming machine has been wandering the realm of lightning for sometime. For the residents of Keravnós City, the automaton had been a mystery to be solved. For the dragons and machines of the Facility, they'd been a target to be hunted down. The automaton has no exact name, and in all honesty, disliked the attention from either side. Often when approached by dragon, beast, or machine, the automaton would turn tail and bolt in the other direction.
The wandering forge had been the result of an ancient war long ago. While that war had all been forgotten, the rising city's council had not forgotten of the automatons that took part in it. Before the plague the automaton had mainly been concerned on fleeing from other such machines built to hunt it and others of its kind down and trying to stay in one piece (as time hasn’t exactly been very kind to them).
The virus however has come to be somewhat of a blessing for the machine. The drones that once stalked it down have since retreated back to their facility to protect the dragons at risk there. Those engineers who also would attempt to approach the smoking automaton have long since disappeared. However the automaton isn't quite sure of what to think of the soulless husks that now roam Sornieth.

Link to their bio: Image should be linked to their bio. :)

To answer questions, I'm honestly pretty neutral, however I do have a couple preferences/opinions. I honestly don't mind whether or not we start from where we left off, or start a new- however, I feel a bit better on starting everything from the beginning. It might be a bit easier for the new people who want to join, and potentially if people plan on returning with different characters &/or some people that were pretty active don't appear/characters don't show up, etc.
I also think roles might be best to flesh out first. New camps are real fun, but it could be a bit overwhelming in the beginning. More roles gives people a bit more options on what they want to do and- depending on how many people return/show up- less locations means more interaction could happen between characters.

Uuuuh, sorry for the the long reads... Hope the answers are helpful and I can't wait to hop back into the roleplay! I've also read most of the threads, and I love all the extra stuff that's been added to roles so far! ^-^
20104.png Avatar Switcher
ROBOTS!
Mirror Addict!
Semi-Gen 1 Lair
583.png
> Wylloe | Wyl
> They/Them
> +0 FR Time
@LightenedWillow

ACK! Welcome the frick back LightenedWillow! Good to hear you're still on board and to hear you in general. XD

You know the grump man is approved. UwU
And so is the new boi! Poor thing. I'll get them into the lists as soon as possible!

Thank you for the opinions! I will keep them in mind.

@LightenedWillow

ACK! Welcome the frick back LightenedWillow! Good to hear you're still on board and to hear you in general. XD

You know the grump man is approved. UwU
And so is the new boi! Poor thing. I'll get them into the lists as soon as possible!

Thank you for the opinions! I will keep them in mind.

Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Size_and_light_layer_test-_Plaguebrought.png plaguevs1.png wind_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcipnl9.gif
@GloriousFlarea
I think I'd like to stay in this rp! And I'd prefer to start over. I got left very far behind in the last one and I couldn't catch up :P

For the camps vs roles I'd pick roles!

And would it be okay for me to just use my old character, Polaris?
@GloriousFlarea
I think I'd like to stay in this rp! And I'd prefer to start over. I got left very far behind in the last one and I couldn't catch up :P

9-AF7-B463-B8-DD-4-C8-C-AC59-C10-E4-BB2-E96-C.png
@Moonwatcher2811 [quote name="Moonwatcher2811" date="2021-03-14 19:23:26" ] @/GloriousFlarea I think I'd like to stay in this rp! And I'd prefer to start over. I got left very far behind in the last one and I couldn't catch up :P For the camps vs roles I'd pick roles! And would it be okay for me to just use my old character, Polaris? [/quote] Yeah! If you could repost them in here, that would be great. I'm linking bios now, so it would make sense to have them in here!
@Moonwatcher2811
Moonwatcher2811 wrote on 2021-03-14 19:23:26:
@/GloriousFlarea

Yeah! If you could repost them in here, that would be great. I'm linking bios now, so it would make sense to have them in here!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
Before I submit my character forums, here is my response to the aforementioned questions! [b]Roles/Camps/Revision?[/b] I would prefer more revision and roles! I prefer them as more in-depth lore means more lore to play with, and more roles means more options for players! And now for the forum I have previously completed! The forum of the other character we discussed is currently a w.i.p. but he shall be submitted in due time! [columns][nextcol] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/771125134555349002/temp_1.png[/img] [center][size=2][i][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1363689]larger version.[/url][/b][/i][/center] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/771124892325117952/temp_1.png[/img] [center][size=2][i][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dressing/outfit/1364883]larger version.[/url][/b][/i][/size][/center] [nextcol] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/770314090262298654/eutemia-ornaments.regular.png[/img] [font=Cambria][size=5]L E T H E[/size][/font] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/770314259820707880/eutemia-ornaments.regular.png[/img][/center] [size=2][b][url=https://youtu.be/8ttTf8N7Bwg]voice reference.[/url][/b] [i]"The metal beast was more magic than dragon - an arcane lovechild born of high hopes beyond the wilting future. She was crafted from the Shifting Expanse's smoothest metal, artificial muscle on a one-to-one scale with a skydancer's, and the most potent magics an evasive arcane professor could provide an ambitious lightening dragon. Heavier than any skydancer, Lethe is a feat of draconic technology infused with the idea that a cure can be made - all she has to do is procure the right ingredients." - - - - - - -[/i][/size] [font=Cambria][color=transparent]x[/color][size=2][b]Basic Facts.[/b] Her [i][u]name[/u][/i] is but a singular word - [i][u]Lethe[/u][/i]. Her name means "Goddess of the underworld river of oblivion." It was given to her by one of her creators, specifically an arcane dragon by the name of Viscar. She was bestowed this name due to Viscar believing that Lethe's purpose would have her constantly walking the threshold of safe and unsafe zones. Thus, she would be balancing upon a tightrope over the gateway to oblivion, to death. [color=transparent]x[/color]While her existence and biology are not bent by time the same way more fleshy dragons are, when it comes to her [i][u]age[/u][/i], it has been [i][u]five[/u] [u]and[/u] [u]a[/u] [u]half[/u] [u]months[/u][/i] since her creation. Her biology labels her as [i][u]agender[/u][/i] but she prefers [i][u]feminine[/u] [u]pronouns[/u][/i]. Moreover, in case it wasn't obvious, she was modeled after a [i][u]skydancer[/u][/i]. Despite being made in the Shifting Expanse, she was imbued with the [i][u]Ice[/u] [u]Flight[/u][/i] as Arrix - her other creator - thought their breath abilities would be most convenient in combating zombies - even if only in short bursts. Finally, she is currently a [i][u]scout[/u][/i] for [i][u]Camp[/u] [u]Curala[/u][/i]; she has experience in cartography.[/size][/font] [center]-------[/center] [font=Cambria][color=transparent]x[/color][i][size=4]R[/size][size=2]ain pattered the tin roof above the shelter which Arrix had taken refuge. Thunder rolled above relentlessly, leaving Arrix to ponder whether his god thought he could command the hordes back or if the deity cared no more for his creations. It wasn't Arrix who created the foul plague that torn his brethren's bodies asunder; it wasn't he who made folly and let the unbreathing escape. Moreover, surely to the belly of every god's divine form that none of his lightening kin took part - and, if any did, let the dead take them or let a stray wire spark in their claws and roast them. [color=transparent]x[/color]"Praying again?" [color=transparent]x[/color]The voice of his unlikely kin brought his conscious back to the surface. Arrix would blink the cloudiness from his vision and turn his paled gaze to Viscar. He never expected to make an Arcane friend, but these were desperate times. He offered a half-hearted smile in response, unable to pluck words from his busied mind, and shook his head. [color=transparent]x[/color]"What of your stillness then?" [color=transparent]x[/color]The old snapper hobbled up by him before glancing off to the nearby pyre where they had fixed a platform and laid his creation atop it. Viscar had spent three days carving and enchanting runes into the behemoth of metalwork and Arrix had spent even longer rewiring it. [color=transparent]x[/color]"I worry of my god. . . of our gods." [/columns] [columns][font=Cambria][i][size=2][color=transparent]x[/color]Viscar's chuckle would pull the skydancer's eyes back to the snapper. Any would mistake his friend's laugh for a brushing off of Arrix's worries, soon to be followed by a belittling reply. However, Arrix knew him better. There was a certain flicker in his ally's purple hued eyes - light dancing amidst a deeply set despair. His friend too was worried, but Arrix knew he'd never admit to it. [color=transparent]x[/color]"They are still here." [color=transparent]x[/color]Arrix was quick to reply: "But what of the meaning behind that? I would sooner believe they'd have died rather than abandoned us." [color=transparent]x[/color]The skydancer slouched where he sat, elbows of his wings pressing into the mud-laden ground. He soon felt one of Viscar's tiny wings laying against his side, attempting to provide some measure of comfort. Viscar's silence spoke to him some manner of agreement, but an unwillingness to accept what Arrix could only see as reality. It could never sit well with him the idea that gods would sit idly by as their people were slaughtered by a unified evil; they might as well be throwing them into the jaws of the Shade. [color=transparent]x[/color]Arrix dug his claws into the wet dirt, chest tightening as he squinted his eyes shut. He needed to force his doubts aside. Now was no longer the time for clutching at the worst ideas. He was a lightening dragon and it was his time to achieve his greatest and final ambition; to hesitate now would - if his god really was dead - have Stormcatcher rolling in his grave. [color=transparent]x[/color]Clinging to his last hope, he'd mutter a prayer, "Stormcatcher, if you're still here, please bless me with strength. This last thing I ask of you so that your people may become free of this unbridled curse. Let me right these wrongs I did not commit."[/size][/i][/font][/columns] [center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/770314090262298654/eutemia-ornaments.regular.png[/img] [font=Cambria][size=5]P S Y C H O L O G I C A L[/size][/font] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/637334424786173962/770314259820707880/eutemia-ornaments.regular.png[/img][/center] [center][font=Cambria][size=1]- " In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if the stars are laughing, when you look at the sky at night. " [b]Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince, 1943[/b] - - - - - - - -[/size][/font][/center] [columns][font=Cambria][color=transparent]x[/color][size=4]L[/size][size=2]ethe's personality has not gained much development. Her mental state is fresh, youthful in its perception of the rotting world it has only ever known. Imbued with basic understanding and comprehension of draconic languages, her purpose was spelled out to her impressionable mind not long after she took her first breath. Of the few traits she was given before birth, she is perceptive, quick to process, intelligent, emotionally distant, ambitious, and - above all - curious. Her creators believed that her first three traits should be a given. She needs to be able to take in as much detail as possible in her search for a cure. She must be able to make decisions quickly in high stress situations that she will inevitably be in. Finally, intelligence will be key to understanding and should play a massive role in the previous two.[/size] [color=transparent]x[/color][size=4]E[/size][size=2]yes alight with an ice dragon's frozen heart, it makes all the more sense that she is more unfeeling than most other dragons. This could be considered a queer trait since her goal is to find what can make a cure; therefore, she is prioritizing the survival of dragons. However, her creators didn't want emotion getting in the way of her ultimate goal; such as sacrificing herself to save an individual over the masses. However, in her few months of life this has developed more so into a form of watered down sympathy rather than a pure lack of emotion. Often, Lethe still finds herself captivated by what life stubbornly clings on despite the decay. She relishes in learning what she can about the cultures beginning to fade beneath the folds of disease and struggle. This fascination often leads to her collecting small trinkets that she stumbles across in hopes she'll one day learn the purpose of them and learn of the dragons who made them.[/size] [color=transparent]x[/color][size=4]T[/size][size=2]here is also this arcane wonder's inevitable naivety. She was unfortunately born from a desperate cry for salvation amidst the devastation. Her purpose weighs on her and she believes that she alone bears it. While her chilled exterior and her oft stoic expression may conceal that stress, cracks to the youth within slip through more often than not. There are many things she cannot yet grasp or understand despite the gifts she was bestowed, and only time will tell if she'll be around long enough to reach such maturity. Until then, despite Arrix's warnings not to dally but to always stay focused, she will slip up. She will give way to little moments of childish wonder and playfulness.[/size][/font][/columns] [columns][nextcol] [center]-------[/center] [font=Cambria][color=transparent]x[/color][i][size=4]I[/size][size=2]t was time. [color=transparent]x[/color]He could falter no longer. [color=transparent]x[/color]The sky flickered with streaks of lightening, the space about them seeming to vibrate with the peaking storm's energy. Arrix could not afford to pass this moment up; for all he knew, the hordes were as close as the climax to the raging sky. The skydancer inhaled deeply as if he were gathering his courage from the electrified air, then glanced to Viscar. The snapper would turn his head to meet Arrix's gaze. Arrix could not help but worry for his friend. [color=transparent]x[/color]"All will be fine," Viscar began, "The time is now and the future is forever." [color=transparent]x[/color]The tears ebbing at the corner's of Viscar's eyes betrayed him, even as the wind began to lick them away. Yet, Arrix would only smile back at him; there was so much he had to say to him, but there was not enough time. [color=transparent]x[/color]"Per aspera ad astra," he said as he turned away from his friend. [color=transparent]x[/color]"Through hardships to the stars," Viscar replied. [color=transparent]x[/color]Arrix raised and outstretched his wings, lifting off with his hind legs. The dragon would ascend to the top of the spire where he would land. His creation lay still before him; its smooth metalwork lit up with every one of the skies sparks, light dancing off it in such a way that foretold the life to be born within. [color=transparent]x[/color]He glanced down to the old snapper and nodded to signal him. He could see Viscar's mouth begin to move but he could not hear the words. A glow sparked in Viscar's eyes and, not long after, Arrix felt a strong energy within himself. It was powerful and its warmth was something his heart had not yet known before. As he glanced back down to his work, he would realize only then that he failed to say goodbye. [color=transparent]x[/color]"Per aspera ad astra," he repeated, "By gods may you find them."[/size][/i] [center][b][size=1]dm if anything about this bio needs changing/elaborating on![/size][/b][/center][/font] [nextcol] [img]https://imgur.com/N7JMlPl.gif[/img][/columns]
Before I submit my character forums, here is my response to the aforementioned questions!

Roles/Camps/Revision? I would prefer more revision and roles! I prefer them as more in-depth lore means more lore to play with, and more roles means more options for players!

And now for the forum I have previously completed! The forum of the other character we discussed is currently a w.i.p. but he shall be submitted in due time!

temp_1.png temp_1.png
eutemia-ornaments.regular.png
L E T H E
voice reference. "The metal beast was more magic than dragon - an arcane lovechild born of high hopes beyond the wilting future. She was crafted from the Shifting Expanse's smoothest metal, artificial muscle on a one-to-one scale with a skydancer's, and the most potent magics an evasive arcane professor could provide an ambitious lightening dragon. Heavier than any skydancer, Lethe is a feat of draconic technology infused with the idea that a cure can be made - all she has to do is procure the right ingredients." - - - - - - -

xBasic Facts. Her name is but a singular word - Lethe. Her name means "Goddess of the underworld river of oblivion." It was given to her by one of her creators, specifically an arcane dragon by the name of Viscar. She was bestowed this name due to Viscar believing that Lethe's purpose would have her constantly walking the threshold of safe and unsafe zones. Thus, she would be balancing upon a tightrope over the gateway to oblivion, to death.

xWhile her existence and biology are not bent by time the same way more fleshy dragons are, when it comes to her age, it has been five and a half months since her creation. Her biology labels her as agender but she prefers feminine pronouns. Moreover, in case it wasn't obvious, she was modeled after a skydancer. Despite being made in the Shifting Expanse, she was imbued with the Ice Flight as Arrix - her other creator - thought their breath abilities would be most convenient in combating zombies - even if only in short bursts. Finally, she is currently a scout for Camp Curala; she has experience in cartography.

xRain pattered the tin roof above the shelter which Arrix had taken refuge. Thunder rolled above relentlessly, leaving Arrix to ponder whether his god thought he could command the hordes back or if the deity cared no more for his creations. It wasn't Arrix who created the foul plague that torn his brethren's bodies asunder; it wasn't he who made folly and let the unbreathing escape. Moreover, surely to the belly of every god's divine form that none of his lightening kin took part - and, if any did, let the dead take them or let a stray wire spark in their claws and roast them.

x"Praying again?"

xThe voice of his unlikely kin brought his conscious back to the surface. Arrix would blink the cloudiness from his vision and turn his paled gaze to Viscar. He never expected to make an Arcane friend, but these were desperate times. He offered a half-hearted smile in response, unable to pluck words from his busied mind, and shook his head.

x"What of your stillness then?"

xThe old snapper hobbled up by him before glancing off to the nearby pyre where they had fixed a platform and laid his creation atop it. Viscar had spent three days carving and enchanting runes into the behemoth of metalwork and Arrix had spent even longer rewiring it.

x"I worry of my god. . . of our gods."
xViscar's chuckle would pull the skydancer's eyes back to the snapper. Any would mistake his friend's laugh for a brushing off of Arrix's worries, soon to be followed by a belittling reply. However, Arrix knew him better. There was a certain flicker in his ally's purple hued eyes - light dancing amidst a deeply set despair. His friend too was worried, but Arrix knew he'd never admit to it.

x"They are still here."

xArrix was quick to reply: "But what of the meaning behind that? I would sooner believe they'd have died rather than abandoned us."

xThe skydancer slouched where he sat, elbows of his wings pressing into the mud-laden ground. He soon felt one of Viscar's tiny wings laying against his side, attempting to provide some measure of comfort. Viscar's silence spoke to him some manner of agreement, but an unwillingness to accept what Arrix could only see as reality. It could never sit well with him the idea that gods would sit idly by as their people were slaughtered by a unified evil; they might as well be throwing them into the jaws of the Shade.

xArrix dug his claws into the wet dirt, chest tightening as he squinted his eyes shut. He needed to force his doubts aside. Now was no longer the time for clutching at the worst ideas. He was a lightening dragon and it was his time to achieve his greatest and final ambition; to hesitate now would - if his god really was dead - have Stormcatcher rolling in his grave.

xClinging to his last hope, he'd mutter a prayer, "Stormcatcher, if you're still here, please bless me with strength. This last thing I ask of you so that your people may become free of this unbridled curse. Let me right these wrongs I did not commit."

P S Y C H O L O G I C A L
- " In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if the stars are laughing, when you look at the sky at
night. " Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince, 1943 - - - - - - - -
xLethe's personality has not gained much development. Her mental state is fresh, youthful in its perception of the rotting world it has only ever known. Imbued with basic understanding and comprehension of draconic languages, her purpose was spelled out to her impressionable mind not long after she took her first breath. Of the few traits she was given before birth, she is perceptive, quick to process, intelligent, emotionally distant, ambitious, and - above all - curious. Her creators believed that her first three traits should be a given. She needs to be able to take in as much detail as possible in her search for a cure. She must be able to make decisions quickly in high stress situations that she will inevitably be in. Finally, intelligence will be key to understanding and should play a massive role in the previous two.

xEyes alight with an ice dragon's frozen heart, it makes all the more sense that she is more unfeeling than most other dragons. This could be considered a queer trait since her goal is to find what can make a cure; therefore, she is prioritizing the survival of dragons. However, her creators didn't want emotion getting in the way of her ultimate goal; such as sacrificing herself to save an individual over the masses. However, in her few months of life this has developed more so into a form of watered down sympathy rather than a pure lack of emotion. Often, Lethe still finds herself captivated by what life stubbornly clings on despite the decay. She relishes in learning what she can about the cultures beginning to fade beneath the folds of disease and struggle. This fascination often leads to her collecting small trinkets that she stumbles across in hopes she'll one day learn the purpose of them and learn of the dragons who made them.

xThere is also this arcane wonder's inevitable naivety. She was unfortunately born from a desperate cry for salvation amidst the devastation. Her purpose weighs on her and she believes that she alone bears it. While her chilled exterior and her oft stoic expression may conceal that stress, cracks to the youth within slip through more often than not. There are many things she cannot yet grasp or understand despite the gifts she was bestowed, and only time will tell if she'll be around long enough to reach such maturity. Until then, despite Arrix's warnings not to dally but to always stay focused, she will slip up. She will give way to little moments of childish wonder and playfulness.

xIt was time.

xHe could falter no longer.

xThe sky flickered with streaks of lightening, the space about them seeming to vibrate with the peaking storm's energy. Arrix could not afford to pass this moment up; for all he knew, the hordes were as close as the climax to the raging sky. The skydancer inhaled deeply as if he were gathering his courage from the electrified air, then glanced to Viscar. The snapper would turn his head to meet Arrix's gaze. Arrix could not help but worry for his friend.

x"All will be fine," Viscar began, "The time is now and the future is forever."

xThe tears ebbing at the corner's of Viscar's eyes betrayed him, even as the wind began to lick them away. Yet, Arrix would only smile back at him; there was so much he had to say to him, but there was not enough time.

x"Per aspera ad astra," he said as he turned away from his friend.

x"Through hardships to the stars," Viscar replied.

xArrix raised and outstretched his wings, lifting off with his hind legs. The dragon would ascend to the top of the spire where he would land. His creation lay still before him; its smooth metalwork lit up with every one of the skies sparks, light dancing off it in such a way that foretold the life to be born within.

xHe glanced down to the old snapper and nodded to signal him. He could see Viscar's mouth begin to move but he could not hear the words. A glow sparked in Viscar's eyes and, not long after, Arrix felt a strong energy within himself. It was powerful and its warmth was something his heart had not yet known before. As he glanced back down to his work, he would realize only then that he failed to say goodbye.

x"Per aspera ad astra," he repeated, "By gods may you find them."

dm if anything about this bio
needs changing/elaborating on!
N7JMlPl.gif
" If you believe in telekinesis, please raise my right hand! "
dgZqX5Q.png pC3Xn6k.png xj6Mn2e.png
abra | any pronouns | EST/FR +3.
not currently open to/subbing rps!
pinstripe/trail & python/morph addict.
probably has 53 tabs open.
dream dragon!
S7iLeVW.png
@GloriousFlarea Character Sheet [b]Name:[/b] Phasma [b]Gender:[/b] male [b]Flight:[/b] arcane [b]Role:[/b] Trainer [b]Personality:[/b] Phasma is feirce and intelligent, but he is also patient when it comes to his trainees. That doesn't mean he goes easy on them though. He pushes them to their limits, to be the best they can be. Despite his appearance, he isn't afraid to get his claws dirty. He will willingly fight until he collapses. He's a hard worker, and he doesn't give up. [b]Appearance:[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/65148764][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/651488/65148764_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Stats (completely optional, just for show/understanding/BASED ON COLI DESC):[/b] [i]Minimum points are 5, Maximum points are 20[/i] He's started to be a mire trainer when he's reached level 25, and they're not exactly tied to his lore, so Idk [indent]Strength - 20 Intelligence - 15 Defense - 16 Constitution - 6 Quickness - 20 Agility - 19 Mind - 5 [/indent] [b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*] Limited knowledge of arcane magic, prefers to fight with whatever weapon he has on hand [/LIST] [b]Backstory (if you have one, you must give it):[/b] He was the dragon that trained the soldiers that worked for the Gilded Empire. He fled when the city was overrun with the undead. Zombies had piled on top of each other to breach the walls. He doesn't know whether anyof the others he worked with survived. [b]Link to their bio (preferred if you have one for them):[/b] Has a bio, but his lore is in the process of being rewritten, and the info in his bio should be ignored. I would prefer renew, as I left pretty early on, and don't know what's currently happening. I also think the roles should be rewritten first.
@GloriousFlarea

Character Sheet
Name: Phasma
Flight: arcane
Role: Trainer
Personality: Phasma is feirce and intelligent, but he is also patient when it comes to his trainees. That doesn't mean he goes easy on them though. He pushes them to their limits, to be the best they can be. Despite his appearance, he isn't afraid to get his claws dirty. He will willingly fight until he collapses. He's a hard worker, and he doesn't give up.
Appearance:
65148764_350.png
Stats (completely optional, just for show/understanding/BASED ON COLI DESC):
He's started to be a mire trainer when he's reached level 25, and they're not exactly tied to his lore, so Idk
Strength - 20
Intelligence - 15
Defense - 16
Constitution - 6
Quickness - 20
Agility - 19
Mind - 5
Powers/Abilities:
  • Limited knowledge of arcane magic, prefers to fight with whatever weapon he has on hand
Backstory (if you have one, you must give it): He was the dragon that trained the soldiers that worked for the Gilded Empire. He fled when the city was overrun with the undead. Zombies had piled on top of each other to breach the walls. He doesn't know whether anyof the others he worked with survived.
Link to their bio (preferred if you have one for them): Has a bio, but his lore is in the process of being rewritten, and the info in his bio should be ignored.

I would prefer renew, as I left pretty early on, and don't know what's currently happening. I also think the roles should be rewritten first.
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
@abralithe
Approved! You and I went through workshop, so you already know that! :3

@SkyofStars
Approved! Just a few questions first.

What camp will he be training in?
Yes, RuneRelic is closed for now, but it is close to opening.
If he works at Camp Curala, he will be under Darkscore's command, which may be beneficial for his own magic training since Darkscore is also Arcane. He will most likely be sent out with the troops on missions, but those might not happen in a while.
If he works in RuneRelic, he will be under the command of Allsite, who is of the light flight. He will be sent out more with the troops, but will have to wait on the camp's reopening.

Also, with the trainer role you have to be willing to be slightly more active with him to help with cadet interactions to blossom and bloom, and there is going to be a lot of improv (which I hopefully prepared you for with the how to play section).
Are you willing to keep up the activity with this character for him to be this role? Cadets can be kind of demanding. I'm not going to kick you if you have better things to do or take a break (that's why we have multiple trainers, lol), just know your attention will be needed from your trainees a little more than most roles.

Answer these and he will be officially entered!

Thank you both for your opinions!
@abralithe
Approved! You and I went through workshop, so you already know that! :3

@SkyofStars
Approved! Just a few questions first.

What camp will he be training in?
Yes, RuneRelic is closed for now, but it is close to opening.
If he works at Camp Curala, he will be under Darkscore's command, which may be beneficial for his own magic training since Darkscore is also Arcane. He will most likely be sent out with the troops on missions, but those might not happen in a while.
If he works in RuneRelic, he will be under the command of Allsite, who is of the light flight. He will be sent out more with the troops, but will have to wait on the camp's reopening.

Also, with the trainer role you have to be willing to be slightly more active with him to help with cadet interactions to blossom and bloom, and there is going to be a lot of improv (which I hopefully prepared you for with the how to play section).
Are you willing to keep up the activity with this character for him to be this role? Cadets can be kind of demanding. I'm not going to kick you if you have better things to do or take a break (that's why we have multiple trainers, lol), just know your attention will be needed from your trainees a little more than most roles.

Answer these and he will be officially entered!

Thank you both for your opinions!
Plaguebrought
IC - OOC - Wolrd Status
I'll just scoot a lad in here. [b]Name:[/b] Curse [b]Gender:[/b] Female [b]Flight:[/b] Shadow [b]Role:[/b] Loner [b]Personality:[/b] Curse is a silent, violent dragon. She relies on her senses and common sense instead of her or other's words, and she rebels to rules that restrict her from murdering anything. She doesn't speak, or can't and she won't answer to anyone unless it's to protect someone close, very close. She uses her intelligence to work out solutions, and to plan strategies in seconds on how to maneuver a battle. (Note; she's mute, but not blind.) [b]Appearance:[/b] Curse is an obsidian colored wildclaw, with dark stripes running up from her talons. She has a violet mask on with a maroon colored blindfold, and a dark, metallic carapace with a vulture skull hanging from the side, secured with a trusty rope that can be undone when she uses it for strangling. Hanging from her wings a torn maroon clothes that were once a banner of sorts, torn and tattered. A dried flower crown rests on her head, secured by two horns its wrapped around. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=1411378&skin=0&apparel=24519,28050,13833,13793,12937,13809,19652,614,349&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]Stats (completely optional, just for show/understanding/BASED ON COLI DESC):[/b] [indent]Strength - 11 Intelligence - 9 Defense - 6 Constitution - 6 Quickness - 7 Agility - 12 Mind - 10 [/indent] [b]Powers/Abilities:[/b] [LIST] [*] Curse has an ability to telepathically communicate to others, but they can't commune to her as she can. Since she's mute, she uses it occasionally when it's called for, but not a lot, considering she mainly wants to remain ominous. [/LIST] [b]Backstory (if you have one, you must give it):[/b] Curse was raised outside of a city due to her parents being rogues. They raised her on the outskirts of civilization, and trained her to defend herself. After while, they were captured by the penalties of treason and were later executed inside the city. Curse later roamed through the forest, making circumstances as good as they would get before nearly getting killed by an infected. She traveled to another camp, staying there and helping out the dragons who saved her life by killing infectious and zombies posing as a threat. After a while, most of them died and she left with one to take them to a safer place for their sake, then left. The dragon she had guided later died of being infected, so she left to look for a safer place where she could not put everyone in danger. She stays on the outskirts of Camp Curala to kill zombies that tried making their way to the Camp. [b]Link to their bio (preferred if you have one for them):[/b] Nah, just a scry.
I'll just scoot a lad in here.

Name: Curse
Flight: Shadow
Role: Loner
Personality: Curse is a silent, violent dragon. She relies on her senses and common sense instead of her or other's words, and she rebels to rules that restrict her from murdering anything. She doesn't speak, or can't and she won't answer to anyone unless it's to protect someone close, very close. She uses her intelligence to work out solutions, and to plan strategies in seconds on how to maneuver a battle. (Note; she's mute, but not blind.)
Appearance:
Curse is an obsidian colored wildclaw, with dark stripes running up from her talons. She has a violet mask on with a maroon colored blindfold, and a dark, metallic carapace with a vulture skull hanging from the side, secured with a trusty rope that can be undone when she uses it for strangling. Hanging from her wings a torn maroon clothes that were once a banner of sorts, torn and tattered. A dried flower crown rests on her head, secured by two horns its wrapped around.

scry?sdid=1411378&skin=0&apparel=24519,28050,13833,13793,12937,13809,19652,614,349&xt=dressing.png
Stats (completely optional, just for show/understanding/BASED ON COLI DESC):
Strength - 11
Intelligence - 9
Defense - 6
Constitution - 6
Quickness - 7
Agility - 12
Mind - 10
Powers/Abilities:
  • Curse has an ability to telepathically communicate to others, but they can't commune to her as she can. Since she's mute, she uses it occasionally when it's called for, but not a lot, considering she mainly wants to remain ominous.
Backstory (if you have one, you must give it): Curse was raised outside of a city due to her parents being rogues. They raised her on the outskirts of civilization, and trained her to defend herself. After while, they were captured by the penalties of treason and were later executed inside the city. Curse later roamed through the forest, making circumstances as good as they would get before nearly getting killed by an infected. She traveled to another camp, staying there and helping out the dragons who saved her life by killing infectious and zombies posing as a threat. After a while, most of them died and she left with one to take them to a safer place for their sake, then left. The dragon she had guided later died of being infected, so she left to look for a safer place where she could not put everyone in danger. She stays on the outskirts of Camp Curala to kill zombies that tried making their way to the Camp.
Link to their bio (preferred if you have one for them): Nah, just a scry.

8v0FNRM.png

• Zan/Sri
• He/Him
• Gay lad

• Art shop

• Artist ~ Role`player
U3NDFbt.png
@GloriousFlarea Camp Curala, and yes, I'm willing to keep up. :)
@GloriousFlarea Camp Curala, and yes, I'm willing to keep up. :)
y1ib5Xu.pngH2R3hOD.pngSDESNQe.pngl7zLBky.pngxppmNpa.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 40 41