Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | -Super Naturals- OPEN (longterm fr rp)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
(Has he been accepted?)
(Has he been accepted?)
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
(I would assume so since the first page says only Earth and lightning are open?)
(I would assume so since the first page says only Earth and lightning are open?)
@Tumbleweeds oh yes sorry, he has been accepted! feel free to make a reply so we can start

And yeah I need to update the post sorry YwY))
@Tumbleweeds oh yes sorry, he has been accepted! feel free to make a reply so we can start

And yeah I need to update the post sorry YwY))
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
ezgif-4-7712918976d1.gif Bonsai-gif-1.gif
Gray, channeler of the Icewarden | Arena | Open

Gray awoke to the sound of yelling. His head perked up as his eyes adjusted to the arena’s lighting and many moving forms. The yelling he heard wasn’t yelling at all but a mix of cheering from onlookers and shouting from a few within the circle. He turned his head to view the others through the unbroken lens in his mask. The coatl was terribly confused and the buzzing he felt in his head wasn’t helping.

His claws went up to cover his feathered head and he went back to laying on the ground. He felt no need to introduce himself like the others had.
Gray, channeler of the Icewarden | Arena | Open

Gray awoke to the sound of yelling. His head perked up as his eyes adjusted to the arena’s lighting and many moving forms. The yelling he heard wasn’t yelling at all but a mix of cheering from onlookers and shouting from a few within the circle. He turned his head to view the others through the unbroken lens in his mask. The coatl was terribly confused and the buzzing he felt in his head wasn’t helping.

His claws went up to cover his feathered head and he went back to laying on the ground. He felt no need to introduce himself like the others had.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
Alright! Everyone has introduced themselves, and the post has been updated with the roleplayers and their characters))
Two spirals sat in a box on the bleachers, above the other dragons. Their voices revebrated with a steady hum of narration and sounded loudar than any other dragons'. It was obvious that they were the hosts, for no other dragon would dare dress as spiffy as them.

"I am Larry! And this is Varkas. We are your hosts." said the red spiral Larry, holding a glowing orb that projected their voices and their image onto the walls of the cathederal. "We have now seen our contestants introduce themselves! Now lets see what their wits are made of."

"Thank you Larry," the other spiral coughed as he took the orb from Larry's claws.
"It's time for the first trial of the tournament! Now, don't get too worried, we will start off quite simple and go easy on these champions as they regain their senses. What do you say Larry?"

"I say it's about time!" Larry laughed. The orb split into 12 and each piece flew to hover above a channeler. A couple of them shrieked and tried swatting them away, only for their orb to come back to them and display them across the cathedral walls.

Suddenly the floor shifted and rumbled, as walls began to emerge from it, towering over the channelers, who now looked almost small in comparison. They were in the center of the labyrinth. The audience cheered with such vigor that the voices of the hosts were almost drowned out.

"Well now Varkas, can you tell us a bit more about the first trial, the Labyrinth?" Larry chortled and passed his cohost the orb.
"Larry don't laugh at them, just be glad you don't have to be down there with our fellow Channelers! The first trial is the Labyrinth! Which is exatly what you think it is. A maze covered in long shadows and even longer passageways! There are three ways out of the labyrinth, and three orbs to collect. They will serve as beacons to you. The first three to reach the orbs will recieve points onto their ranking, which will help them emerge victorious. This challenege will test your wits and navigation, fellow Channelers. Use them, make alliances and think smart. Remember, there are more than one way to reach the orbs." Varkas bellowed, and the first challenge begun.
Alright! Everyone has introduced themselves, and the post has been updated with the roleplayers and their characters))
Two spirals sat in a box on the bleachers, above the other dragons. Their voices revebrated with a steady hum of narration and sounded loudar than any other dragons'. It was obvious that they were the hosts, for no other dragon would dare dress as spiffy as them.

"I am Larry! And this is Varkas. We are your hosts." said the red spiral Larry, holding a glowing orb that projected their voices and their image onto the walls of the cathederal. "We have now seen our contestants introduce themselves! Now lets see what their wits are made of."

"Thank you Larry," the other spiral coughed as he took the orb from Larry's claws.
"It's time for the first trial of the tournament! Now, don't get too worried, we will start off quite simple and go easy on these champions as they regain their senses. What do you say Larry?"

"I say it's about time!" Larry laughed. The orb split into 12 and each piece flew to hover above a channeler. A couple of them shrieked and tried swatting them away, only for their orb to come back to them and display them across the cathedral walls.

Suddenly the floor shifted and rumbled, as walls began to emerge from it, towering over the channelers, who now looked almost small in comparison. They were in the center of the labyrinth. The audience cheered with such vigor that the voices of the hosts were almost drowned out.

"Well now Varkas, can you tell us a bit more about the first trial, the Labyrinth?" Larry chortled and passed his cohost the orb.
"Larry don't laugh at them, just be glad you don't have to be down there with our fellow Channelers! The first trial is the Labyrinth! Which is exatly what you think it is. A maze covered in long shadows and even longer passageways! There are three ways out of the labyrinth, and three orbs to collect. They will serve as beacons to you. The first three to reach the orbs will recieve points onto their ranking, which will help them emerge victorious. This challenege will test your wits and navigation, fellow Channelers. Use them, make alliances and think smart. Remember, there are more than one way to reach the orbs." Varkas bellowed, and the first challenge begun.
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
Rio / She/her / Labyrinth (Arena) / Gladekeeper Channeler
Rio's heart dropped as the shadows descended upon the labyrinth. Her orb lit up the walls in the semi-darkness, but the light was not very strong to illuminate more than a couple meters around her. Some of the other channelers shifted in discomfort, at loss at what to do. They were all in the center of the labyrinth. Rio's brain racked for solutions. There were multiple distant glows, but they seemed so far away.

"Oh noooooooooo..." Rio groaned. She pulled at her feathers, which were slowly molting into her winter coloring. 'Uh..... maybe I can pick a wall and follow until I find an end?' she thought, and for a moment that seemed like a plausible idea until it became apparent that it would take ages.

For a fact, she knew she won't approach anyone first, as to not break her confident image. Asking help from others seemed like a much easier option. The hosts did say something about alliances anyways.
Rio's heart dropped as the shadows descended upon the labyrinth. Her orb lit up the walls in the semi-darkness, but the light was not very strong to illuminate more than a couple meters around her. Some of the other channelers shifted in discomfort, at loss at what to do. They were all in the center of the labyrinth. Rio's brain racked for solutions. There were multiple distant glows, but they seemed so far away.

"Oh noooooooooo..." Rio groaned. She pulled at her feathers, which were slowly molting into her winter coloring. 'Uh..... maybe I can pick a wall and follow until I find an end?' she thought, and for a moment that seemed like a plausible idea until it became apparent that it would take ages.

For a fact, she knew she won't approach anyone first, as to not break her confident image. Asking help from others seemed like a much easier option. The hosts did say something about alliances anyways.
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
Meztli // Shadowbinder // Labyrinth (Arena) // Tags: Open

Meztli stumbled as the arena shifted, large stone walls rising from the floor. When she regained her balance, she lifted her head to observe the walls with an imperious squint. 'A maze? Really' Rolling her eyes, she turned her attention to the orb now floating above her head. Her clan had used similar magical technology at times, but nothing quite like this. She glanced at the image of her reflected on the cathedral walls, using it to fix her silks and dust any dirt from her pelt.

With that out of the way, she put her disdainful gaze on the rest of the dragons in the arena. In particular, Meztli's gaze was drawn to the green Skydancer from before. 'Channeler of the Gladekeeper?' Her eyes narrowed. She'd heard about the scandal that had been the selection of the Gladekeepr's Channeler, the drastic mishap that led to their worst candidate being selected. Watching Rio fiddle with her feathers like some nervous hatchling, Meztli was no longer so sure she would be any kind of worthwhile.

Silently, Meztli turned and plunged into the darkness of the Labyrinth, using the light from her orb to see by. Unbeknownst to her, she could see a few feet farther than most of the other Channelers due to her association with the Shadowbinder.

It wasn't long before she came to a fork in the path. After a moment of thought, Meztli quickly scratched a small cross into the third brick up on the wall to her left, low enough the larger breeds wouldn't see it, and small enough that someone wouldn't notice it unless they were looking. This would be how she track where she went. With that taken care of, she turned to the left and continued searching.
Meztli // Shadowbinder // Labyrinth (Arena) // Tags: Open

Meztli stumbled as the arena shifted, large stone walls rising from the floor. When she regained her balance, she lifted her head to observe the walls with an imperious squint. 'A maze? Really' Rolling her eyes, she turned her attention to the orb now floating above her head. Her clan had used similar magical technology at times, but nothing quite like this. She glanced at the image of her reflected on the cathedral walls, using it to fix her silks and dust any dirt from her pelt.

With that out of the way, she put her disdainful gaze on the rest of the dragons in the arena. In particular, Meztli's gaze was drawn to the green Skydancer from before. 'Channeler of the Gladekeeper?' Her eyes narrowed. She'd heard about the scandal that had been the selection of the Gladekeepr's Channeler, the drastic mishap that led to their worst candidate being selected. Watching Rio fiddle with her feathers like some nervous hatchling, Meztli was no longer so sure she would be any kind of worthwhile.

Silently, Meztli turned and plunged into the darkness of the Labyrinth, using the light from her orb to see by. Unbeknownst to her, she could see a few feet farther than most of the other Channelers due to her association with the Shadowbinder.

It wasn't long before she came to a fork in the path. After a moment of thought, Meztli quickly scratched a small cross into the third brick up on the wall to her left, low enough the larger breeds wouldn't see it, and small enough that someone wouldn't notice it unless they were looking. This would be how she track where she went. With that taken care of, she turned to the left and continued searching.
vjFLC.gif she/her
ace/bi
+2 FR time
forever rambling
[columns][img]https://i.imgur.com/3Oxr4eJ.png[/img][color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [color=transparent]xxxxxxxxxxx[/color] [nextcol][font=tahoma][b]adila // resigned // tagged:[/b][/font] ____________________________________ [size=2]Great. [b]Adila [/b]squinted into the inky darkness, lip curling into a faint snarl as she realized how weak the sphere's light was. She hadn't understood everything that the announcers spouted off. Something something representatives from each flight, something about challenges, find orb pieces. Well, if they were supposed to navigate through here, the Shadowbinder's chosen had a major advantage right off the bat. Same went for any Spirals or Nocturnes... Adila momentarily entertained the idea of keeping an eye out for potential allies. Well, she had a passing thought regarding alliances, then mentally laughed at herself for even considering such a thing. As if another dragon would regard her as useful. For now, getting by on the average would be best. Competent enough not to be seen as an easy target, but not particularly outstanding either. The last thing she wanted was to draw attention to herself this early in. [i] 'Which is why you shouldn't just be sitting here and spacing off, you addle-brained idiot.'[/i] Looking around, it seemed like most of the lights were to her left and in front of her- presumably other participants. So...head right, and check to see if any of the glows double back, since that means they didn't find a way out in the direction they were going...? Not the best plan, but it sounded reasonable enough. With a near-inaudible sigh, Adila readjusted the linen wraps she wore, tying her wings back so they wouldn't drag on the ground. The Fae put her own orb in one of the satchels slung over her shoulder- light wouldn't be helpful until she came to a less open area, and the illumination it provided had been nearly useless so far- before heading forwards.[/size][nextcol][color=transparent]x[/color][/columns]
3Oxr4eJ.pngxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxx
adila // resigned // tagged:

Great.

Adila squinted into the inky darkness, lip curling into a faint snarl as she realized how weak the sphere's light was. She hadn't understood everything that the announcers spouted off. Something something representatives from each flight, something about challenges, find orb pieces.

Well, if they were supposed to navigate through here, the Shadowbinder's chosen had a major advantage right off the bat. Same went for any Spirals or Nocturnes...

Adila momentarily entertained the idea of keeping an eye out for potential allies. Well, she had a passing thought regarding alliances, then mentally laughed at herself for even considering such a thing. As if another dragon would regard her as useful.

For now, getting by on the average would be best. Competent enough not to be seen as an easy target, but not particularly outstanding either. The last thing she wanted was to draw attention to herself this early in.

'Which is why you shouldn't just be sitting here and spacing off, you addle-brained idiot.'

Looking around, it seemed like most of the lights were to her left and in front of her- presumably other participants. So...head right, and check to see if any of the glows double back, since that means they didn't find a way out in the direction they were going...?

Not the best plan, but it sounded reasonable enough. With a near-inaudible sigh, Adila readjusted the linen wraps she wore, tying her wings back so they wouldn't drag on the ground.

The Fae put her own orb in one of the satchels slung over her shoulder- light wouldn't be helpful until she came to a less open area, and the illumination it provided had been nearly useless so far- before heading forwards.
x

GIRMUc6.gif .

ds6mpZn.gif....they/he
ds6mpZn.gif....FR time + 1
ds6mpZn.gif....hauntings#0781
ds6mpZn.gif....interesting things here
Aisla//Center of the Labyrinth//Tagged: Aidla

Aisla glanced around at walls and dragons surrounding her, the orbs giving the area an unsettling feeling. Her eyes landed on the fae walking off towards the right, I wonder where... It didn't matter, some of the others had already decided to go into the corridors, and making an ally sounded like fun!

The announcers had said that they would receive points for reaching an orb, so that meant more than one point. Maybe they could share orb points if they worked together? Aisla decided to follow the fae, noticing that the orb followed behind, staying nearly the same distance away that it had been since the start.

She had no idea where to start heading off anyways, and it couldn't hurt to be friendly. I should probably say something so it doesn't seem like I'm rude "Hi! I'm Aisla, though you probably heard me say that earlier, so I'm sorry if that's bothersome." Aisla nearly stumbled into a wall, "Oof- Uh, so I was thinking that it'd be nice to team up? I don't know anybody here but I thought since it looked like you knew where you were going, I should introduce myself?"

"I'd have to say, I'm not very good with navigational stuff, but I am a decent shot with the bow!" Aisla fingered the bow at her waist, "Maybe in case there's any monsters in the labyrinth?"
Aisla//Center of the Labyrinth//Tagged: Aidla

Aisla glanced around at walls and dragons surrounding her, the orbs giving the area an unsettling feeling. Her eyes landed on the fae walking off towards the right, I wonder where... It didn't matter, some of the others had already decided to go into the corridors, and making an ally sounded like fun!

The announcers had said that they would receive points for reaching an orb, so that meant more than one point. Maybe they could share orb points if they worked together? Aisla decided to follow the fae, noticing that the orb followed behind, staying nearly the same distance away that it had been since the start.

She had no idea where to start heading off anyways, and it couldn't hurt to be friendly. I should probably say something so it doesn't seem like I'm rude "Hi! I'm Aisla, though you probably heard me say that earlier, so I'm sorry if that's bothersome." Aisla nearly stumbled into a wall, "Oof- Uh, so I was thinking that it'd be nice to team up? I don't know anybody here but I thought since it looked like you knew where you were going, I should introduce myself?"

"I'd have to say, I'm not very good with navigational stuff, but I am a decent shot with the bow!" Aisla fingered the bow at her waist, "Maybe in case there's any monsters in the labyrinth?"
—————-
”Think think think!” Rio urged herself, noticing multiple dragons run off into the labyrinth with no obvious plan. The other Skydancer made weird scratching noises occasionally but Rio paid money attention. Her antennae twitched as all the small echos bounced off the walls.

“I could try planting something to reach the orb!“ Rio smiles with glee before suddenly realizing that her plan simply might not work. ‘There is no vine plants here and I am sure of it. Then the plant might just reach for my orb. That would be painfully unhelpful. There are probably walls dug into the earth to prevent Earthshaker channelers from tunneling. Gods I just need some water to test this. Maybe there is a grass seed. There has to be.’ She thought. If the grass idea doesn’t work then Rio would have to resort to another more tedious one.

She settled on approaching the Tidelord Channeler.

“Hey! Aisla, is that right? You are the Tidelord Channeler, aren’t you. Do you think you could help me out? Do you have any water?” Rio pestered the nocturne who was following a-... a crumpled umbrella? No it was a fae.
—————-
”Think think think!” Rio urged herself, noticing multiple dragons run off into the labyrinth with no obvious plan. The other Skydancer made weird scratching noises occasionally but Rio paid money attention. Her antennae twitched as all the small echos bounced off the walls.

“I could try planting something to reach the orb!“ Rio smiles with glee before suddenly realizing that her plan simply might not work. ‘There is no vine plants here and I am sure of it. Then the plant might just reach for my orb. That would be painfully unhelpful. There are probably walls dug into the earth to prevent Earthshaker channelers from tunneling. Gods I just need some water to test this. Maybe there is a grass seed. There has to be.’ She thought. If the grass idea doesn’t work then Rio would have to resort to another more tedious one.

She settled on approaching the Tidelord Channeler.

“Hey! Aisla, is that right? You are the Tidelord Channeler, aren’t you. Do you think you could help me out? Do you have any water?” Rio pestered the nocturne who was following a-... a crumpled umbrella? No it was a fae.
swan.gif
SpeckledNightSky
WKtl2lb.png
5nygeWH.png
mlHpBMC.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9