Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pokemon IC (open)
1 2 3 4 5 6
bulbasaur*
eevee isnt johto but you know its still a pokemon
bulbasaur*
eevee isnt johto but you know its still a pokemon
HeLlO fREndS HoW YOu doIng?gCl6AiK.png
((wait I thought eevee was in johto? for espeon and umbreon???))
((wait I thought eevee was in johto? for espeon and umbreon???))
Wishlist|| Art shop
no eevee is kanto
no eevee is kanto
HeLlO fREndS HoW YOu doIng?gCl6AiK.png
Obi
@ Jay
"Alright, let's do some training! Don't worry I stocked up on potions and such" Obi hummed, squatting down and patting Nico on the head a bit.

The Oshawott nodded, a bit more at ease though she was still fidgeting slightly with her scallop. The two then spent some time training on Route 19, with Nico tackling everything in sight and Obi using a potion whenever needed. He had a fair amount of money saved up from his allowance, and though he wasn't opposed to running back and forth from the Pokemon center, it just took too long. They finally stopped as Nico learned Water Gun and had almost reached her limit with the Tackle spam.

Obi took her back to the Pokecenter, sitting and waiting for Nurse Joy to be done impatiently. He was looking around and tapping his foot as if it would kill him to be still for a few seconds. When Nico was returned to him, he immediately sent her out. The Oshawott yawned as she was picked up and let onto his shoulder.

"Hey, that was a good training session. Let's go test out our new move, why don't we?" Obi hummed, then looking to Jay and shouting, "Hey! Let's have a battle!"
Obi
@ Jay
"Alright, let's do some training! Don't worry I stocked up on potions and such" Obi hummed, squatting down and patting Nico on the head a bit.

The Oshawott nodded, a bit more at ease though she was still fidgeting slightly with her scallop. The two then spent some time training on Route 19, with Nico tackling everything in sight and Obi using a potion whenever needed. He had a fair amount of money saved up from his allowance, and though he wasn't opposed to running back and forth from the Pokemon center, it just took too long. They finally stopped as Nico learned Water Gun and had almost reached her limit with the Tackle spam.

Obi took her back to the Pokecenter, sitting and waiting for Nurse Joy to be done impatiently. He was looking around and tapping his foot as if it would kill him to be still for a few seconds. When Nico was returned to him, he immediately sent her out. The Oshawott yawned as she was picked up and let onto his shoulder.

"Hey, that was a good training session. Let's go test out our new move, why don't we?" Obi hummed, then looking to Jay and shouting, "Hey! Let's have a battle!"
y21uwBu.pngSgW17Yj.pngb8hHhx1.png
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
"Alrighty, Nico go!" Obi shouted, probably being a bit too loud.

The Oshawott in question hesitated for a second before hopping down to the ground. She was still quite nervous, which was only compounded when Jay sent out a Snivy. Why did it have to be a grass type of all things? She looked to Obi uncertainly.

The trainer frowned, matchup wise this was pretty bad, "Uh... Tail Whip for now!"

It was rather risky but he was basically hoping Nico could knock the Snivy out in one hit after having his defenses lowered. The Oshawott just had to hang on and make it through the first few attacks.

((Haven't rped a fight in a while so sorry if it sucks .w.))
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
"Alrighty, Nico go!" Obi shouted, probably being a bit too loud.

The Oshawott in question hesitated for a second before hopping down to the ground. She was still quite nervous, which was only compounded when Jay sent out a Snivy. Why did it have to be a grass type of all things? She looked to Obi uncertainly.

The trainer frowned, matchup wise this was pretty bad, "Uh... Tail Whip for now!"

It was rather risky but he was basically hoping Nico could knock the Snivy out in one hit after having his defenses lowered. The Oshawott just had to hang on and make it through the first few attacks.

((Haven't rped a fight in a while so sorry if it sucks .w.))
[quote name="@Dragonbreeder923" date="2021-01-08 08:15:03" ] no eevee is kanto [/quote] ((but it's also in johto and all of the mainseries games.
@Dragonbreeder923 wrote on 2021-01-08 08:15:03:
no eevee is kanto
((but it's also in johto and all of the mainseries games.
Wishlist|| Art shop
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Nico yipped at the Leer, shrinking back a bit. This was too much. It was way different than fighting wild Patrats and Purrloins.

"Hang in there, give em another Tackle!" Obi said.

Obi's voice snapped her back to attention and she shook her head, she had to focus. The Oshawott rushed at the Snivy and crashed into him, pushing him back slightly. She then flinched back, taking her scallop and flailing it around in a clumsy attempt to defend herself from the Vine Whip.
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Nico yipped at the Leer, shrinking back a bit. This was too much. It was way different than fighting wild Patrats and Purrloins.

"Hang in there, give em another Tackle!" Obi said.

Obi's voice snapped her back to attention and she shook her head, she had to focus. The Oshawott rushed at the Snivy and crashed into him, pushing him back slightly. She then flinched back, taking her scallop and flailing it around in a clumsy attempt to defend herself from the Vine Whip.
[b]Aria[/b] "It seems like our thief has been captured!" The kahuna exclaims. "Yeah, Aria here chased after Litten and managed to catch her and the shoe she stole." Kahuna replies, beaming with pride. The kahuna gives out a small laugh, then turns to Aria "Good work child, very impressive. I am Hala, kahuna of Melemele Island." "Uhh, happy to help. Here you can have Litten back." Aria sheepishly replies. Hala nods and takes back Litten who hisses in response, then carefully sets her down to the ground. "Well then, since our new trainer is here, it'll be best if we give her a starter pokemon then hmmm?" Hala says, walking towards the wooden stage. Aria and Kukui follow, as do the starters, with Litten purposefully walking behind, tail on the ground. Once all the starters walk onto the stage, Hala begins to introduce them. "So, for every new trainer who wishes to start their island challenge, we kahuna like to provide them with a starter pokemon when possible. You have three starting pokemon to choose from, though keep in mind you may not be the only person who will have a starter pokemon." Hala warns Aria. "Our first pokemon here is Rowlet, a grass type pokemon, a very loyal and diligent pokemon. Our second pokemon is Popplio, our very friendly and playful water type pokemon. And finally we have our little shoe thief Litten, a fire type pokemon. She's admittedly an older pokemon and a bit finicky as a result" Hala lists off. "Pick whoever you feel speaks to you." Aria looks at all three starters, Rowlet looks to be busy cleaning their feathers, then turns their head in question. Popplio is busy showing off a bit, making a bubble balloon then bouncing on it ("Aww, that's kinda cute actually, maybe I go with Popplio?" Aria wonders.). Then Litten, that annoying little shoe thief who has her head down and not bothering to show herself off. Aria ponders for a bit, but decides to make the hard choice. "I'll pick Litten." Aria exclaims. Hala looks a little shocked in response, but Kukui instantly nods and understands. "Are you sure child? Litten will be hard to bond with, and she is known for being troublesome as you've seen." Hala questions. "I'm sure, after all I did chase her for awhile trying to take back the shoe she stole." Aria nods in response. "Ha ha! Very well, Litten is yours!" Hala laughs. "Before you can go, would you mind humouring me with a small ceremony of sorts?" "Umm sure, what kind of ceremony?" Aria asks. "Oh nothing too grand, this is just a way to start forming a bond between you and your new pokemon. I would like for you to stand on the stage as well, and to have Litten come to you herself." Hala begins to explain. "The pokemon must be willing to choose its trainer as the trainer themself chooses the pokemon after all." "I doubt Litten will want to do it, but ok." Aria affirms. Aria gets up onto the wooden stage, feeling a bit nervous. Rowlet and Popplio jump off, unfazed by everything going on. Litten reluctantly walks to the other side of the stage then lies down, head turning towards Aria. Aria starts to get nervous ("Maybe I should've picked Popplio or something, Litten looks uninterested in letting me be her trainer. Oh no, it's my first day being a trainer, maybe I've already screwed it up I-" Aria panics). Litten glares a little at Aria, then looks to the kahuna who nods in approval. Litten then sighs, and gets up, walking slowly towards Aria in defeat. As soon as Litten arrives at her feet, Aria looks down in amazement then turns to the kahuna. "Ah, looks like Litten is willing to put her trust in you. If you like you could pick her up gently." Hala says with a bit of relief. Aria then gently scoops up Litten who doesn't give as much of a fuss this time around, holding Litten up in the sunlight Aria says to her "Thank you for giving me a chance, let's be friends ok?" Litten doesn't change expression, and just continues to stare at Aria. After a couple seconds she puts Litten down on the ground, Kukui walks up to her while fishing some items out of his pocket. "Alright! I have faith that you and Litten will be fast friends. In the mean time, I have a few things a new trainer might need." Kukui hands her a pokedex. "I am aware that you have a phone to look things up, but this pokedex is important for field research and is given to new trainers who register through me" Kukui explains. "I would appreciate it if you use this to register any pokemon you catch, as well as write some notes on anything of note about them." "Alright, that's fair since I got Litten for free." Aria nods and takes the pokedex. "I've seen smaller models of this before, in Unova. How come this one is bigger than the other ones" she asks. "Ah, yeah the reason why is that this model is Rotom-compatible, and therefore requires a bit of space. Usually we have Rotom enter the pokedex in order to help out new trainers, but since not everyone wants a Rotom nor do we have an unlimited amount, we ask if you would like some assistance from Rotom on your journey." Kukui continues to explain. "I think I'll be fine, but before I go, could I register Litten and Rotom in the pokedex?" Aria replies with curiosity, hoping for an easy entry into her new pokedex. "Ha! You know what, sure I'm cool with that. But you have to come by my house to do that, since I don't have a Rotom on hand." Kukui laughs. "Give me a couple hours to set things up for Rotom, oh say-" Kukui looks at a watch on his hand. "3pm perhaps? I think it'll also give you time to bond with little Litten here." Kukui points towards Litten, who has been thwacking her tail on the ground with impatience. "3pm! Got it!" Aria puts a reminder in her phone for later. "Oh! one last thing before I stop taking up too much time, would you like to nickname Litten?" Kukui asks. Aria turns towards Litten with a smile and says "Can I call her Mittens?" [rule] [url="http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/litten"][img]https://img.pokemondb.net/sprites/sword-shield/normal/litten.png[/img][/url] Mittens was added to the team!
Aria

"It seems like our thief has been captured!" The kahuna exclaims.

"Yeah, Aria here chased after Litten and managed to catch her and the shoe she stole." Kahuna replies, beaming with pride.

The kahuna gives out a small laugh, then turns to Aria "Good work child, very impressive. I am Hala, kahuna of Melemele Island."

"Uhh, happy to help. Here you can have Litten back." Aria sheepishly replies.

Hala nods and takes back Litten who hisses in response, then carefully sets her down to the ground.

"Well then, since our new trainer is here, it'll be best if we give her a starter pokemon then hmmm?" Hala says, walking towards the wooden stage. Aria and Kukui follow, as do the starters, with Litten purposefully walking behind, tail on the ground. Once all the starters walk onto the stage, Hala begins to introduce them.

"So, for every new trainer who wishes to start their island challenge, we kahuna like to provide them with a starter pokemon when possible. You have three starting pokemon to choose from, though keep in mind you may not be the only person who will have a starter pokemon." Hala warns Aria.

"Our first pokemon here is Rowlet, a grass type pokemon, a very loyal and diligent pokemon. Our second pokemon is Popplio, our very friendly and playful water type pokemon. And finally we have our little shoe thief Litten, a fire type pokemon. She's admittedly an older pokemon and a bit finicky as a result" Hala lists off. "Pick whoever you feel speaks to you."

Aria looks at all three starters, Rowlet looks to be busy cleaning their feathers, then turns their head in question. Popplio is busy showing off a bit, making a bubble balloon then bouncing on it ("Aww, that's kinda cute actually, maybe I go with Popplio?" Aria wonders.). Then Litten, that annoying little shoe thief who has her head down and not bothering to show herself off. Aria ponders for a bit, but decides to make the hard choice.

"I'll pick Litten." Aria exclaims. Hala looks a little shocked in response, but Kukui instantly nods and understands. "Are you sure child? Litten will be hard to bond with, and she is known for being troublesome as you've seen." Hala questions.

"I'm sure, after all I did chase her for awhile trying to take back the shoe she stole." Aria nods in response.

"Ha ha! Very well, Litten is yours!" Hala laughs. "Before you can go, would you mind humouring me with a small ceremony of sorts?"

"Umm sure, what kind of ceremony?" Aria asks.

"Oh nothing too grand, this is just a way to start forming a bond between you and your new pokemon. I would like for you to stand on the stage as well, and to have Litten come to you herself." Hala begins to explain. "The pokemon must be willing to choose its trainer as the trainer themself chooses the pokemon after all."

"I doubt Litten will want to do it, but ok." Aria affirms.

Aria gets up onto the wooden stage, feeling a bit nervous. Rowlet and Popplio jump off, unfazed by everything going on. Litten reluctantly walks to the other side of the stage then lies down, head turning towards Aria. Aria starts to get nervous ("Maybe I should've picked Popplio or something, Litten looks uninterested in letting me be her trainer. Oh no, it's my first day being a trainer, maybe I've already screwed it up I-" Aria panics). Litten glares a little at Aria, then looks to the kahuna who nods in approval. Litten then sighs, and gets up, walking slowly towards Aria in defeat. As soon as Litten arrives at her feet, Aria looks down in amazement then turns to the kahuna.

"Ah, looks like Litten is willing to put her trust in you. If you like you could pick her up gently." Hala says with a bit of relief.

Aria then gently scoops up Litten who doesn't give as much of a fuss this time around, holding Litten up in the sunlight Aria says to her "Thank you for giving me a chance, let's be friends ok?" Litten doesn't change expression, and just continues to stare at Aria. After a couple seconds she puts Litten down on the ground, Kukui walks up to her while fishing some items out of his pocket.

"Alright! I have faith that you and Litten will be fast friends. In the mean time, I have a few things a new trainer might need." Kukui hands her a pokedex. "I am aware that you have a phone to look things up, but this pokedex is important for field research and is given to new trainers who register through me" Kukui explains. "I would appreciate it if you use this to register any pokemon you catch, as well as write some notes on anything of note about them."

"Alright, that's fair since I got Litten for free." Aria nods and takes the pokedex. "I've seen smaller models of this before, in Unova. How come this one is bigger than the other ones" she asks.

"Ah, yeah the reason why is that this model is Rotom-compatible, and therefore requires a bit of space. Usually we have Rotom enter the pokedex in order to help out new trainers, but since not everyone wants a Rotom nor do we have an unlimited amount, we ask if you would like some assistance from Rotom on your journey." Kukui continues to explain.

"I think I'll be fine, but before I go, could I register Litten and Rotom in the pokedex?" Aria replies with curiosity, hoping for an easy entry into her new pokedex.

"Ha! You know what, sure I'm cool with that. But you have to come by my house to do that, since I don't have a Rotom on hand." Kukui laughs. "Give me a couple hours to set things up for Rotom, oh say-" Kukui looks at a watch on his hand. "3pm perhaps? I think it'll also give you time to bond with little Litten here." Kukui points towards Litten, who has been thwacking her tail on the ground with impatience.

"3pm! Got it!" Aria puts a reminder in her phone for later.

"Oh! one last thing before I stop taking up too much time, would you like to nickname Litten?" Kukui asks.

Aria turns towards Litten with a smile and says "Can I call her Mittens?"

litten.png Mittens was added to the team!
W292vpc.gif
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Obi bit his nails slightly, how could they get out of this. Think think, he had to come up with a plan. He then had an idea. A crazy one, but one nonetheless.

"Nico, watch for the Vine Whip then grab it," He said, "You can throw 'em!"

The Oshawott gave a squeak in surprise. What was he even saying?! She grumbled, gritting her teeth and narrowing her eyes at Snivy. She breathed in, trying to calm her nerves and observing the grass type intently. Just as the vines whipped around her, she grabbed them, wincing as they still hurt and pulling Snivy as hard as she could. After a few seconds, the pulling stopped as Nico had promptly fainted. Obi quickly ran over, hovering over her in a slight panic. It had definitely been way too reckless much for the Oshawott.
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Obi bit his nails slightly, how could they get out of this. Think think, he had to come up with a plan. He then had an idea. A crazy one, but one nonetheless.

"Nico, watch for the Vine Whip then grab it," He said, "You can throw 'em!"

The Oshawott gave a squeak in surprise. What was he even saying?! She grumbled, gritting her teeth and narrowing her eyes at Snivy. She breathed in, trying to calm her nerves and observing the grass type intently. Just as the vines whipped around her, she grabbed them, wincing as they still hurt and pulling Snivy as hard as she could. After a few seconds, the pulling stopped as Nico had promptly fainted. Obi quickly ran over, hovering over her in a slight panic. It had definitely been way too reckless much for the Oshawott.
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Obi returned Nico to her Pokeball, biting his nails once again. It hadn't worked. They needed to get stronger. He needed a better plan the next time. He then blinked and looked to Jay, a bit taken back at the compliment.

"Oh, it was just a last-ditch effort. I wasn't even sure if it'd work actually" He chuckled, then getting a bit more serious "I'll need to catch some more Pokemon to cover weaknesses in future battles"

He paused, then grinned, "Speaking of future battles, it'd be great to battle you again sometime. I gotta go heal like you said but next time I see you, you won't get off so easily!" The way he had said it was more joking than threatening in all honestly, and he quickly left for the Pokecenter, forgetting to even say his name or ask for hers.
Obi
@ DeathSpecter
Obi returned Nico to her Pokeball, biting his nails once again. It hadn't worked. They needed to get stronger. He needed a better plan the next time. He then blinked and looked to Jay, a bit taken back at the compliment.

"Oh, it was just a last-ditch effort. I wasn't even sure if it'd work actually" He chuckled, then getting a bit more serious "I'll need to catch some more Pokemon to cover weaknesses in future battles"

He paused, then grinned, "Speaking of future battles, it'd be great to battle you again sometime. I gotta go heal like you said but next time I see you, you won't get off so easily!" The way he had said it was more joking than threatening in all honestly, and he quickly left for the Pokecenter, forgetting to even say his name or ask for hers.
1 2 3 4 5 6