Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Assassin's Guild (IC)(OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21

Neph- Outside Tavern
Interacting with Hilde (@nuttysaladtree), Cynric (@Kingman), Jazmine (@dragonclaw101 )

Neph’s eyes were wide in shock. That man... did he say guild master? Neph blinked a few times, trying to process the words. That’s why they seem familiar, I know them from the guild! Neph looked up at the pair, his eyes filled with curiosity. “W-Wait a m-minuet.” He said, lowering his voice so only the two would hear. “D-Did h-he say g-guild master?” He looked at the girl directly in the eyes. “A-Are you g-guys r-running t-too?”

Neph- Outside Tavern
Interacting with Hilde (@nuttysaladtree), Cynric (@Kingman), Jazmine (@dragonclaw101 )

Neph’s eyes were wide in shock. That man... did he say guild master? Neph blinked a few times, trying to process the words. That’s why they seem familiar, I know them from the guild! Neph looked up at the pair, his eyes filled with curiosity. “W-Wait a m-minuet.” He said, lowering his voice so only the two would hear. “D-Did h-he say g-guild master?” He looked at the girl directly in the eyes. “A-Are you g-guys r-running t-too?”
mU3UPIq.jpeg

Cynric - Outside Tavern - (@dragonclaw101 ) Jazmine @nuttysaladtree - Hilde @scales25 - Neph)

Cynric accepted the hand, pulling himself up behind Jazmine, scrambling up and promptly leaning far off, then correcting himself by holding onto the woman for dear life and joy.
“G....goood plan..” he slurred, nodding.

“Why, ya wanna...wanna turn us in to the executioners?” he asked as the villagers advanced, still screaming bloody murder.
Whelp, no time to talk, and his mind was slightly clear now. He reached down and grabbed the young man under his arm, hooking him up onto the large horse, using Jazmine as an anchor as he tried to pull him aboard before spurring the horse into action.
“GIRL! Git!” he snapped, pointing to the dark bay she was holding before snatching for it’s reins. He was probably trying to convey to her ‘hey, please get on so that we can take you hostage’

Cynric wasn’t usually this..nice. To be completely honest he would have preferred to just kill them and the large woman, but at the moment she was assisting him, at least, while these two probably had more nefarious thoughts. No matter. They had to get out of here; and he could easily see them turning cloak to the villagers once they were out.
He fumbled to shove his spear into his belt, shaking his head. He noticed his hands were shaking badly, which honestly wasn’t a good sign.

At leas the horse was large. Some sort of mule, he thought the beast was, with large ears and a hardiness he admired. Probably could hold the three of them for a bit. As for the girl..well he hoped that she hopped on and went with them. But she as just a girl anyway, and she wasn’t the one asking about the guild.

Cynric - Outside Tavern - (@dragonclaw101 ) Jazmine @nuttysaladtree - Hilde @scales25 - Neph)

Cynric accepted the hand, pulling himself up behind Jazmine, scrambling up and promptly leaning far off, then correcting himself by holding onto the woman for dear life and joy.
“G....goood plan..” he slurred, nodding.

“Why, ya wanna...wanna turn us in to the executioners?” he asked as the villagers advanced, still screaming bloody murder.
Whelp, no time to talk, and his mind was slightly clear now. He reached down and grabbed the young man under his arm, hooking him up onto the large horse, using Jazmine as an anchor as he tried to pull him aboard before spurring the horse into action.
“GIRL! Git!” he snapped, pointing to the dark bay she was holding before snatching for it’s reins. He was probably trying to convey to her ‘hey, please get on so that we can take you hostage’

Cynric wasn’t usually this..nice. To be completely honest he would have preferred to just kill them and the large woman, but at the moment she was assisting him, at least, while these two probably had more nefarious thoughts. No matter. They had to get out of here; and he could easily see them turning cloak to the villagers once they were out.
He fumbled to shove his spear into his belt, shaking his head. He noticed his hands were shaking badly, which honestly wasn’t a good sign.

At leas the horse was large. Some sort of mule, he thought the beast was, with large ears and a hardiness he admired. Probably could hold the three of them for a bit. As for the girl..well he hoped that she hopped on and went with them. But she as just a girl anyway, and she wasn’t the one asking about the guild.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
[centerLet's gooooooooo ; Town 2][/center]

Small town, sleepy town, little hub of calm. Someone's gonna make it all go wrong. Vynlerin's face is no betrayer of his plans, simply bearing a pleasant smile as he moves towards the centre of town. Let's see... Small town, small materials, minimal metal in his way- ohh. Ohh, blessed abyss, sweet damned gods. Look at that stable. It's beautiful, a building made of wood and stacked with hay, even here in the street. He tucks part of his hair behind his ear, grinning- this close, even he, who smells so strongly of ash and burning, can smell the stink of horses. When he slip[s in, offering the stable boy a easy excuse- he'd had a horse housed here and had come o retrieve her as to leave, which is a white enough lie he feels it didn't even count as a lie. He picks a horse, a pretty black thing with soft eyes and a satin mane, and pretends to care for it until the stable boy leaves. Then it's a simple twist of his wrist, and the ropes keeping it kept are burned with a eggplant colored blaze. He's too lazy to give that treatment to all the horses, about five others or so, so he just allows their ropes to burn in a lazy motion of control.
"Out with you," he shoos them with a harmless singe to their tail-tips. "Out, go, shoo, shoo, equines."
Now for the fun. Vynlerin feels giddy, all this fuel and freedom and it's oh, so good. The fire in his belly roars, hungry to seep out of his skin, and without a moments hesitation, he lets it. It ripples off his hands and neck and under his feet, grabbing and lurching fluidly towards the hay. It catches, and Vynlerin feels like laughing. The warmth licks his skin as he turns his back to the shrieking, growing, eating fire, chest to the door.
Back in the street, clothes singed and gasping convincingly, he falls to his knees- a right victim for the bright flames, only the very core burning his purple.
Small town, panicked town, building up in fire. Someone turned your stable house into a little pyre.
[centerLet's gooooooooo ; Town 2][/center]

Small town, sleepy town, little hub of calm. Someone's gonna make it all go wrong. Vynlerin's face is no betrayer of his plans, simply bearing a pleasant smile as he moves towards the centre of town. Let's see... Small town, small materials, minimal metal in his way- ohh. Ohh, blessed abyss, sweet damned gods. Look at that stable. It's beautiful, a building made of wood and stacked with hay, even here in the street. He tucks part of his hair behind his ear, grinning- this close, even he, who smells so strongly of ash and burning, can smell the stink of horses. When he slip[s in, offering the stable boy a easy excuse- he'd had a horse housed here and had come o retrieve her as to leave, which is a white enough lie he feels it didn't even count as a lie. He picks a horse, a pretty black thing with soft eyes and a satin mane, and pretends to care for it until the stable boy leaves. Then it's a simple twist of his wrist, and the ropes keeping it kept are burned with a eggplant colored blaze. He's too lazy to give that treatment to all the horses, about five others or so, so he just allows their ropes to burn in a lazy motion of control.
"Out with you," he shoos them with a harmless singe to their tail-tips. "Out, go, shoo, shoo, equines."
Now for the fun. Vynlerin feels giddy, all this fuel and freedom and it's oh, so good. The fire in his belly roars, hungry to seep out of his skin, and without a moments hesitation, he lets it. It ripples off his hands and neck and under his feet, grabbing and lurching fluidly towards the hay. It catches, and Vynlerin feels like laughing. The warmth licks his skin as he turns his back to the shrieking, growing, eating fire, chest to the door.
Back in the street, clothes singed and gasping convincingly, he falls to his knees- a right victim for the bright flames, only the very core burning his purple.
Small town, panicked town, building up in fire. Someone turned your stable house into a little pyre.
54915d1b4b7b59b0a4a202a318e96f245e5c6d90.gif

Hilde - Outside the tavern
Interacting with Neph (@Scales25), Cynric (@Kingman), and Jazmine (@Dragonclaw101)

Yeah, so that didn't work. At all. At least I saved Robert? I guess? Hilda thought.

I have a lot of dreams for my future. She swung herself up into the saddle and spurred the bay after the three. None of them involve "borrowing" a beautiful horse and following a cold one, a giant woman, and a drunk fighter heaven knows where. But she had to stick with people who could account for her whereabouts. Hopefully. Neph would, at least.

"I just wanted some food," she grumbled to the horse, "and to go home. But noooooo, someone's impersonating me, and then the wrong end of a bar fight finds me! And now I'm going who knows where, totally defenseless!" She sighed. "I miss my bow. And my quiver. And my arrows." A ring sat snugly over her right thumb. She still had that, at least.

Hilde - Outside the tavern
Interacting with Neph (@Scales25), Cynric (@Kingman), and Jazmine (@Dragonclaw101)

Yeah, so that didn't work. At all. At least I saved Robert? I guess? Hilda thought.

I have a lot of dreams for my future. She swung herself up into the saddle and spurred the bay after the three. None of them involve "borrowing" a beautiful horse and following a cold one, a giant woman, and a drunk fighter heaven knows where. But she had to stick with people who could account for her whereabouts. Hopefully. Neph would, at least.

"I just wanted some food," she grumbled to the horse, "and to go home. But noooooo, someone's impersonating me, and then the wrong end of a bar fight finds me! And now I'm going who knows where, totally defenseless!" She sighed. "I miss my bow. And my quiver. And my arrows." A ring sat snugly over her right thumb. She still had that, at least.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?

Sam - Tavern - Western Town
Interaction with - Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

Sam set her ale on the table, set her arms on the table, and then leaned towards Rick, taking her feet off the other chair and planting them underneath her.
I can't tell if he's lying or not.
She looked into his eyes, searching them, her mind buzzing with warning bells. This man- he could betray her, kill her, hell, he might even be part of the guild and looking for her and Jazmine, and figured it'd be smart to take out the two top Betas at the same time, with one pitted against the other-

Stop, stop, stop getting ahead of yourself. Just...
She was about to respond when she heard the pounding of hooves outside the tavern and stood up from her chair, her hands hovering over her daggers and her eyes scanning the door madly.
"Sh*t, I think I just saw Varien trample the stablemaster." She grumbled under her breath, striding to the door quickly.
With an irritated look in her honey-gold eyes, she glanced back at Rick and clenched her jaw.

Then she opened the door, smelled smoke, and saw the stables on fire. People were running, trying to put out the odd colored fire, and there had been a man who looked like he'd been victim of the flames collapsed onto the ground.
Sh*t. She thought, clenching the back of her head with a white-knuckled hand and taking it all in. This was bad. Very bad. This would attract unwanted attention. This would jeopardize her mission. She couldn't risk getting caught now- she needed to find Varien and get the hell out-

Wait.
Did she know that guy on the ground?
Without even hesitating, she unlocked the shadow inside her and disappeared into a cloud of dark mist. The assassin stalked towards him, invisible, her daggers drawn and her teeth bared. Stupid, stupid, stupid, was he with the guild right now, trying to track others down? Was he an escapee? Nevertheless, he was dangerous because he was unpredictable and everything around him always ended up in cinders.

Varien will be fine, I'll track him down later.
Right now, though, someone needs to teach this a*shole a lesson.

Nuthir Raven - Outside Town Two
Interacting with - Azrael (@Kingman)

The scent of smoke was the first clue that told Nithur she should land.
Her wings tucked in, and she followed the scent downwards, dropping out of the sky with little warning and flaring them a few hundred feet from the ground. The wind currents above her too violent for her to get a good hold on the scent.

She flapped steadily, her ears perking as she caught another smell... no, it wasn't a smell. It was a feeling- something that seemed to follow the souls of people who had killed and killed until it was all they knew.

Her wing shoulders popped lightly as she hovered above the ground, the plant life underneath her wilting as she stayed in the air above them. Her pale yellow eyes couldn't see and smoke pyres, but she could smell them, and the soul-energy left behind on this road was something she couldn't ignore.

"I'm going to land here and summon us mounts. If we go into town like this, people will panic." Her voice, even in dragon form, was smooth, but dry, free of emotion as she spoke to Azrael from their seat in between her wings, right behind the largest and most active her wing and back muscles. She lowered herself to the ground, landing on her hind feet and then lowering herself to the ground with relative smoothness.

Interaction with - Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

Sam set her ale on the table, set her arms on the table, and then leaned towards Rick, taking her feet off the other chair and planting them underneath her.
I can't tell if he's lying or not.
She looked into his eyes, searching them, her mind buzzing with warning bells. This man- he could betray her, kill her, hell, he might even be part of the guild and looking for her and Jazmine, and figured it'd be smart to take out the two top Betas at the same time, with one pitted against the other-

Stop, stop, stop getting ahead of yourself. Just...
She was about to respond when she heard the pounding of hooves outside the tavern and stood up from her chair, her hands hovering over her daggers and her eyes scanning the door madly.
"Sh*t, I think I just saw Varien trample the stablemaster." She grumbled under her breath, striding to the door quickly.
With an irritated look in her honey-gold eyes, she glanced back at Rick and clenched her jaw.

Then she opened the door, smelled smoke, and saw the stables on fire. People were running, trying to put out the odd colored fire, and there had been a man who looked like he'd been victim of the flames collapsed onto the ground.
Sh*t. She thought, clenching the back of her head with a white-knuckled hand and taking it all in. This was bad. Very bad. This would attract unwanted attention. This would jeopardize her mission. She couldn't risk getting caught now- she needed to find Varien and get the hell out-

Wait.
Did she know that guy on the ground?
Without even hesitating, she unlocked the shadow inside her and disappeared into a cloud of dark mist. The assassin stalked towards him, invisible, her daggers drawn and her teeth bared. Stupid, stupid, stupid, was he with the guild right now, trying to track others down? Was he an escapee? Nevertheless, he was dangerous because he was unpredictable and everything around him always ended up in cinders.

Varien will be fine, I'll track him down later.
Right now, though, someone needs to teach this a*shole a lesson.

Nuthir Raven - Outside Town Two
Interacting with - Azrael (@Kingman)

The scent of smoke was the first clue that told Nithur she should land.
Her wings tucked in, and she followed the scent downwards, dropping out of the sky with little warning and flaring them a few hundred feet from the ground. The wind currents above her too violent for her to get a good hold on the scent.

She flapped steadily, her ears perking as she caught another smell... no, it wasn't a smell. It was a feeling- something that seemed to follow the souls of people who had killed and killed until it was all they knew.

Her wing shoulders popped lightly as she hovered above the ground, the plant life underneath her wilting as she stayed in the air above them. Her pale yellow eyes couldn't see and smoke pyres, but she could smell them, and the soul-energy left behind on this road was something she couldn't ignore.

"I'm going to land here and summon us mounts. If we go into town like this, people will panic." Her voice, even in dragon form, was smooth, but dry, free of emotion as she spoke to Azrael from their seat in between her wings, right behind the largest and most active her wing and back muscles. She lowered herself to the ground, landing on her hind feet and then lowering herself to the ground with relative smoothness.

HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

Meredith - Town two
Meredith jumped up quickly when she heard screaming from outside. She grabbed Evalin by the arm and dragged her out of the tavern, spotting the stable, which was now ablaze. 'That's not good...'
"Come on Eva, we have to help!"
Evalin nodded. "I'll do my best to keep it from spreading, you try to put it out," she said.
"Right."
Meredith pulled water from nearby flasks, and began dousing the small fires that had popped up around the big one. Evalin, meanwhile, began funneling the smoke upward with gusts of air, stopping the sparks from spreading too far as well. They could keep the fire contained, but Meredith was already too tired from earlier to fully douse it.
Evalin caught her eye, and shouted over the din, "Can anyone else help with this?"
Meredith - Town two
Meredith jumped up quickly when she heard screaming from outside. She grabbed Evalin by the arm and dragged her out of the tavern, spotting the stable, which was now ablaze. 'That's not good...'
"Come on Eva, we have to help!"
Evalin nodded. "I'll do my best to keep it from spreading, you try to put it out," she said.
"Right."
Meredith pulled water from nearby flasks, and began dousing the small fires that had popped up around the big one. Evalin, meanwhile, began funneling the smoke upward with gusts of air, stopping the sparks from spreading too far as well. They could keep the fire contained, but Meredith was already too tired from earlier to fully douse it.
Evalin caught her eye, and shouted over the din, "Can anyone else help with this?"
JXVUomh.png Much I marvelled this ungainly fowl to hear discourse so plainly,
Though its answer little meaning—little relevancy bore;
For we cannot help agreeing that no living human being
Ever yet was blessed with seeing bird above his chamber door—
Bird or beast upon the sculptured bust above his chamber door,
With such name as “Nevermore.”
—Edgar Allen Poe
Let's get this right this time ; Town Two

Oh, so they know him here. Ugh. The act doesn't drop, but his eyes gain a disgruntled glint. With shaking hands, not hard to feign; standing is hard enough, his bones threatening to fold inward. (Hey, screw it, he's putting on a show.) With a yelp, he collapses again, barely catching himself. His cloak poofs up like a balloon, his head hung forward. Hell, just really push that acting, no masking the exhaustion seeped into his bones like stew in bread. He groans, a rattling noise in his chest, and glanced towards the taste of magic in the air. 'No sense in hiding around a warlock,' he thinks, spitefully, trying again to stand. This time, he forces his knees to lock and his hips to twist himself, upright in a tired hunched figure. 'I can taste the magic, idiot.'
Let's get this right this time ; Town Two

Oh, so they know him here. Ugh. The act doesn't drop, but his eyes gain a disgruntled glint. With shaking hands, not hard to feign; standing is hard enough, his bones threatening to fold inward. (Hey, screw it, he's putting on a show.) With a yelp, he collapses again, barely catching himself. His cloak poofs up like a balloon, his head hung forward. Hell, just really push that acting, no masking the exhaustion seeped into his bones like stew in bread. He groans, a rattling noise in his chest, and glanced towards the taste of magic in the air. 'No sense in hiding around a warlock,' he thinks, spitefully, trying again to stand. This time, he forces his knees to lock and his hips to twist himself, upright in a tired hunched figure. 'I can taste the magic, idiot.'

Interaction with - Vynlerin (@JekyllnHyde) Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

This... gods be damned, this annoyance-
She twirled her daggers in her hands, blinking behind him while maintaining her invisibility. Getting so close to a magic user was just as dangerous as being at range, since spells varied in distance and power in distance.

As soon as she was behind him, she went to slam the pommel of her dagger into the back of his head- preferably knocking him out. She stayed on her toes, though, ready to blink away from him in case he tried an area of effect spell around himself or something else equally as oily as warlock spells could be.

(I'm sorry for pinging you dragon, I didn't realize she actually didn't interact with Rick here)

Interaction with - Vynlerin (@JekyllnHyde) Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

This... gods be damned, this annoyance-
She twirled her daggers in her hands, blinking behind him while maintaining her invisibility. Getting so close to a magic user was just as dangerous as being at range, since spells varied in distance and power in distance.

As soon as she was behind him, she went to slam the pommel of her dagger into the back of his head- preferably knocking him out. She stayed on her toes, though, ready to blink away from him in case he tried an area of effect spell around himself or something else equally as oily as warlock spells could be.

(I'm sorry for pinging you dragon, I didn't realize she actually didn't interact with Rick here)
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

Azrael- Interacting With: Raven: @sanguineshadow

The person on the back of the wyvern was quiet. Not really a person for words, they were. Their helmet obscured the view of the ground, but they could taste the smell of smoke in the air as they flew. Azrael was carefully perched on the wyvern, muscles constantly tensed. Anything could happen.

They nodded as they slid off of Raven, indicating their silent agreement.
“The smoke. That fire doesn’t happen within hours, it started recently and is massive. Something is going on.” Azrael noted, swinging their axe for a second before latching it back onto their back.
Their voice was as emotionless as Raven’s, but not nearly as dry-rather, their voice was tinged with a sort of sick amusement. Sadly, no screams emanated from the sight, meaning that they couldn’t relish in the sounds, but it pointed to a certain conclusion.
“What do you think burned?” they asked cooly, thoughts coming together in their head.

Arsonists rarely cared who was hurt in their carnage, at least at the time. No death-screams from horses or people meant that the person either was making a distraction or had a spark of conscience, or both. Neither were strong indicators of guildmembers, but were entirely theory at the moment.

Azrael- Interacting With: Raven: @sanguineshadow

The person on the back of the wyvern was quiet. Not really a person for words, they were. Their helmet obscured the view of the ground, but they could taste the smell of smoke in the air as they flew. Azrael was carefully perched on the wyvern, muscles constantly tensed. Anything could happen.

They nodded as they slid off of Raven, indicating their silent agreement.
“The smoke. That fire doesn’t happen within hours, it started recently and is massive. Something is going on.” Azrael noted, swinging their axe for a second before latching it back onto their back.
Their voice was as emotionless as Raven’s, but not nearly as dry-rather, their voice was tinged with a sort of sick amusement. Sadly, no screams emanated from the sight, meaning that they couldn’t relish in the sounds, but it pointed to a certain conclusion.
“What do you think burned?” they asked cooly, thoughts coming together in their head.

Arsonists rarely cared who was hurt in their carnage, at least at the time. No death-screams from horses or people meant that the person either was making a distraction or had a spark of conscience, or both. Neither were strong indicators of guildmembers, but were entirely theory at the moment.
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
Ow ow ow ow ow ow ; Town Two ; @SanguineShadow

Vynlerin crumples like a paper doll when the butt of her dagger crunches awkwardly with the back of his skull. Unmoving, just a heap of burnt, burning purple backed by the still flickering blaze he started... He looks- he looks dead. Oh, gods, did you kill him? (Spoilers: you didn't he's just about as sturdy as a wet paper bag.) He took the hit like a baby, yelping out in a shrill cry of shock, body giving one pitiful jerk away before he just... folded in on himself. Like a ragdoll. Literally, he splays in an awkward pose, back nearly folded in half, knees tucked under him, one arm out to the left and the other curled around his head loosely. Maybe. From here on out, we don't... hit him with the average amount of force. Because he just logged out. Left the server. Click exit on the minigame add. Backed out of the game. What???
Ow ow ow ow ow ow ; Town Two ; @SanguineShadow

Vynlerin crumples like a paper doll when the butt of her dagger crunches awkwardly with the back of his skull. Unmoving, just a heap of burnt, burning purple backed by the still flickering blaze he started... He looks- he looks dead. Oh, gods, did you kill him? (Spoilers: you didn't he's just about as sturdy as a wet paper bag.) He took the hit like a baby, yelping out in a shrill cry of shock, body giving one pitiful jerk away before he just... folded in on himself. Like a ragdoll. Literally, he splays in an awkward pose, back nearly folded in half, knees tucked under him, one arm out to the left and the other curled around his head loosely. Maybe. From here on out, we don't... hit him with the average amount of force. Because he just logged out. Left the server. Click exit on the minigame add. Backed out of the game. What???
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21