Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Assassin's Guild (IC)(OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21

Hilde - Newt's location
Interacting with Neph (@Scales25)

"Let's not block the road." Hilde kept an eye on the fellow and her attention on the money belt that lay under her clothes as they made their way under the eaves of a nearby building. She eyed him—young, blue, hella cold, and it seemed she wasn't the only one wishing for a heavier cloak. Kind of a weird guy to be working under Ace, but then again, the tracker made it a point to recruit the unexpected. "Talk. I'll make it worth yours and his time." She sighed. "As your employer had warned me, the docks haven't yielded much more than, 'He definitely got off at the port of call and definitely didn't get back on.' Ace better have some kind of news for me—for better or for worse, I'd take anything at this point." She rubbed her arms and shivered. People walked by in either direction, unaffected, but if she scooted away from Ace's messenger, she might not catch what he had to say. She could deal with the cold for a minute or two.

Hilde - Newt's location

"Let's not block the road." Hilde kept an eye on the fellow and her attention on the money belt that lay under her clothes as they made their way under the eaves of a nearby building. She eyed him—young, blue, hella cold, and it seemed she wasn't the only one wishing for a heavier cloak. Kind of a weird guy to be working under Ace, but then again, the tracker made it a point to recruit the unexpected. "Talk. I'll make it worth yours and his time." She sighed. "As your employer had warned me, the docks haven't yielded much more than, 'He definitely got off at the port of call and definitely didn't get back on.' Ace better have some kind of news for me—for better or for worse, I'd take anything at this point." She rubbed her arms and shivered. People walked by in either direction, unaffected, but if she scooted away from Ace's messenger, she might not catch what he had to say. She could deal with the cold for a minute or two.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts
are they bathing in flower tea?

Neph- Newt's loctaion
Interacting with Hilde (@nuttysaladtree)

"Em.. Employer?" Neph said, startled. He looked at the lady again, what kind of life did she lead to think that Neph, a strange tiefling, was working for whoever this Ace character was. "U-Um... M-Miss? I don't kn-know what y-your talking ab-about." Neph looked around. "I a-approached you b-because there w-was some e-exactly like you, a-and I mean e-exactly." Neph put his hands together. "I-I know th-this may s-seem a b-bit w-weird, b-but what i-if someone is a-after you?" Neph looked down. Great job, you've just made yourself look incredibly suspicious.

Neph- Newt's loctaion

"Em.. Employer?" Neph said, startled. He looked at the lady again, what kind of life did she lead to think that Neph, a strange tiefling, was working for whoever this Ace character was. "U-Um... M-Miss? I don't kn-know what y-your talking ab-about." Neph looked around. "I a-approached you b-because there w-was some e-exactly like you, a-and I mean e-exactly." Neph put his hands together. "I-I know th-this may s-seem a b-bit w-weird, b-but what i-if someone is a-after you?" Neph looked down. Great job, you've just made yourself look incredibly suspicious.
mU3UPIq.jpeg

Hilde - Newt's location

I'm too tired for this nonsense. Heavens. Hilde rubbed her temples. I really want to go home.

Home. No, that was a bad idea. If someone was walking around in her skin—gross!—if she went home, then she'd have no one except the sheep, her horse, and her dog to attest to where she'd been. If someone wasn't...well, either this was one hell of a scam, in which case...a headache cut off that train of thought. Okay, let's go with the easier one, then. Maybe this poor guy made an honest mistake. His eyes doth deceive him and all that. In which case, unless he decided to stab her in public, where she'd be staying for the foreseeable future, thank you very much, she had nothing to fear.

"If you're scamming me," she said through gritted teeth, "you'll be sorry you ever crossed Hilde." She gestured to herself to make it clear she was said Hilde. "If not...what in high heavens could someone want with a shepherd?" She groaned. Her head was not going to stop hurting any time soon. "Look, good man, since you warned me, we might as well stick together. If the guards start asking questions about me, you can tell them we were together the whole time, doing extremely mundane things like..." Her stomach growled. "Eating, I guess." She looked at him. "I did say I'd make it worth your time. Even if you don't work for Ace, I guess, mister...?" She trailed off, waiting for a name.

Hilde - Newt's location

I'm too tired for this nonsense. Heavens. Hilde rubbed her temples. I really want to go home.

Home. No, that was a bad idea. If someone was walking around in her skin—gross!—if she went home, then she'd have no one except the sheep, her horse, and her dog to attest to where she'd been. If someone wasn't...well, either this was one hell of a scam, in which case...a headache cut off that train of thought. Okay, let's go with the easier one, then. Maybe this poor guy made an honest mistake. His eyes doth deceive him and all that. In which case, unless he decided to stab her in public, where she'd be staying for the foreseeable future, thank you very much, she had nothing to fear.

"If you're scamming me," she said through gritted teeth, "you'll be sorry you ever crossed Hilde." She gestured to herself to make it clear she was said Hilde. "If not...what in high heavens could someone want with a shepherd?" She groaned. Her head was not going to stop hurting any time soon. "Look, good man, since you warned me, we might as well stick together. If the guards start asking questions about me, you can tell them we were together the whole time, doing extremely mundane things like..." Her stomach growled. "Eating, I guess." She looked at him. "I did say I'd make it worth your time. Even if you don't work for Ace, I guess, mister...?" She trailed off, waiting for a name.
90px-Applications-office.svg.png When people draw up a warm bath and put in flower petals,
Writing Prompts

Neph- Newt's loctaion

“N-Neph.” He said to Hilde. “M-My name is N-Neph. And n-no, I’m n-not sc-scamming y-you.” He looked around warily. “W-We sh-should start m-moving. St-Staying in o-once p-place is never a g-good I-idea.” Neph took a few steps towards the crowd. “A-Are we g-going an-anywhere in p-particular?”

Neph- Newt's loctaion

“N-Neph.” He said to Hilde. “M-My name is N-Neph. And n-no, I’m n-not sc-scamming y-you.” He looked around warily. “W-We sh-should start m-moving. St-Staying in o-once p-place is never a g-good I-idea.” Neph took a few steps towards the crowd. “A-Are we g-going an-anywhere in p-particular?”
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Newt - Newt’s location
Interactions: open

Newt felt the chill from the nearby trifling but thought nothing of it. How blissful it must be to have a definite shape that wasn’t so otherworldly. They tried many times to walk among the townspeople in their own skin but it never went well. Humans and human like creatures don’t seem to like things that look as if they crawled out of the deepest part of the ocean. Oh well, this new current form was fine, a bit bland on the surface but fine.

The doppelgänger continued walking, blending in with the crowd. They were not sure what to do today. The guild has yet to offer a new mission.
Newt - Newt’s location
Interactions: open

Newt felt the chill from the nearby trifling but thought nothing of it. How blissful it must be to have a definite shape that wasn’t so otherworldly. They tried many times to walk among the townspeople in their own skin but it never went well. Humans and human like creatures don’t seem to like things that look as if they crawled out of the deepest part of the ocean. Oh well, this new current form was fine, a bit bland on the surface but fine.

The doppelgänger continued walking, blending in with the crowd. They were not sure what to do today. The guild has yet to offer a new mission.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png

Hilde - Outside the tavern
Interacting with Neph (@Scales25) | Mentions Cynric (@Kingman)

Hilde nodded and turned at the intersection ahead, then turned down another street back into town. "Neph, I don't know about you, but I've had a long day." She rubbed her hands. "I'm aching for some good old comfort food and some watered-down ale to wash it down with. Nothing like roast lamb when it comes to drowning your feelings."

As they approached the tavern, Hilde noticed that a crowd had gathered out front. She frowned; that was rarely good news. The crowd then suddenly parted with a "woah!" and a bay came thundering out. Without thinking, Hilde pushed Neph back and threw herself in the bay's path with her arms stretched in front of her.

Hey there, beautiful, she thought, I know there are all these scary people and scary noises, but I'm with you, and nothing will hurt you. Trust me.

The horse slowed, lowered their head, and turned their ears out to the side. Hilde took the reins and led them back toward the tavern. A person, probably drunk, lay in the mud, a spear a few feet away from him, and some angry shouting came from within the tavern.

And the tavern looked trashed. So much for that plan. She sagged, then looked around. "Neph?"

Hilde - Outside the tavern
Interacting with Neph (@Scales25) | Mentions Cynric (@Kingman)

Hilde nodded and turned at the intersection ahead, then turned down another street back into town. "Neph, I don't know about you, but I've had a long day." She rubbed her hands. "I'm aching for some good old comfort food and some watered-down ale to wash it down with. Nothing like roast lamb when it comes to drowning your feelings."

As they approached the tavern, Hilde noticed that a crowd had gathered out front. She frowned; that was rarely good news. The crowd then suddenly parted with a "woah!" and a bay came thundering out. Without thinking, Hilde pushed Neph back and threw herself in the bay's path with her arms stretched in front of her.

Hey there, beautiful, she thought, I know there are all these scary people and scary noises, but I'm with you, and nothing will hurt you. Trust me.

The horse slowed, lowered their head, and turned their ears out to the side. Hilde took the reins and led them back toward the tavern. A person, probably drunk, lay in the mud, a spear a few feet away from him, and some angry shouting came from within the tavern.

And the tavern looked trashed. So much for that plan. She sagged, then looked around. "Neph?"
Writing Prompts

Neph- Newt's loctaion
Interacting with Hilde (@nuttysaladtree)and also mentions Cynric

“H-Here!” Neph called out to Hilde, sticking his hand in the air. He made his way over to Hilde and the horse, briefly glancing at the man sprawled in the mud. Poor guy, he’s probably drunk.

Neph- Newt's loctaion
Interacting with Hilde (@nuttysaladtree)and also mentions Cynric

“H-Here!” Neph called out to Hilde, sticking his hand in the air. He made his way over to Hilde and the horse, briefly glancing at the man sprawled in the mud. Poor guy, he’s probably drunk.
mU3UPIq.jpeg
Jazmine - Outside Tavern
Interacting With - Cyrnic (@Kingman)

Jazmine glanced behind her when someone shouted. She saw they were in the mud and - it was the Assassin. Jazmine froze, unsure of what to do. They'd see her run now, for sure.

She heard the patrons shouting, and it clicked They'd attacked someone, or gotten attacked. They were trying to get away. Jazmine, heart-pounding, ran back towards the man in the mud. She picked him up by the arm, gently.

"Are you okay? You... We have to get out of here."

She didn't know what she was doing. She should be running from him. He'd want to kill her. Or bring her back. Either way, he was an enemy... Wasn't he? Trying to make sense of it, she tried to help the man forward.

Rick - Stable
Interacting With - Sam (@SanguineShadow)

Rick managed to keep away from her gaze, except for a brief moment. As she finished her business, Rick contemplated exactly what he'd say to her. Who she was. Why she was different.

Rick frowned. He had a feeling it had to do with Jazmine's past. He didn't have a strong connection to her memories, which was annoying at times. But maybe the girl would know. Maybe she'd know where Jazmine was.

Rick shook his head and chuckle a bit. If she did, it would be a remarkable stroke of luck. Being able to find Jazmine would mean... Well, he wasn't too sure. He'd be able to prove himself, that was for sure.

Rick nearly missed his target as she left. He stood up from being propped on a wall, following her again. This time, he stuck to the shadows, keeping about ten feet between himself and his target.
Jazmine - Outside Tavern
Interacting With - Cyrnic (@Kingman)

Jazmine glanced behind her when someone shouted. She saw they were in the mud and - it was the Assassin. Jazmine froze, unsure of what to do. They'd see her run now, for sure.

She heard the patrons shouting, and it clicked They'd attacked someone, or gotten attacked. They were trying to get away. Jazmine, heart-pounding, ran back towards the man in the mud. She picked him up by the arm, gently.

"Are you okay? You... We have to get out of here."

She didn't know what she was doing. She should be running from him. He'd want to kill her. Or bring her back. Either way, he was an enemy... Wasn't he? Trying to make sense of it, she tried to help the man forward.

Rick - Stable
Interacting With - Sam (@SanguineShadow)

Rick managed to keep away from her gaze, except for a brief moment. As she finished her business, Rick contemplated exactly what he'd say to her. Who she was. Why she was different.

Rick frowned. He had a feeling it had to do with Jazmine's past. He didn't have a strong connection to her memories, which was annoying at times. But maybe the girl would know. Maybe she'd know where Jazmine was.

Rick shook his head and chuckle a bit. If she did, it would be a remarkable stroke of luck. Being able to find Jazmine would mean... Well, he wasn't too sure. He'd be able to prove himself, that was for sure.

Rick nearly missed his target as she left. He stood up from being propped on a wall, following her again. This time, he stuck to the shadows, keeping about ten feet between himself and his target.
xCQDmTE.png Big fan of RP and mafia games, also super hyped for ArtFight this year

Oh and I also used to be Dragonclaw101

Clayton Academy

Sam - Stable, Tavern - Western Town
Interaction with - Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

The crowd thinned out a little as Sam made her way to what she thought was the Tavern, walking quickly and with a purpose. While the look on her face wasn't unfriendly, approaching her wouldn't have been easy for a normal townsperson. She hooked her thumbs on the top of her corset and let her arms relax, letting herself take a breath and calm down.

The past couple days had been pretty jarring. It was like she hadn't had any time to just breathe. First the escape had happened, and Sam decided that she'd have better luck hunting her quarry without a party being her, so she escaped, too. It hadn't been hard- her magic made it too easy, in fact, and Varien had been her typical mount when she went places so he'd trusted her and stealing him was easy.

Now she was looking for the other person keeping her from high-Beta position. When she brought her head back to the Guildmaster she had a feeling he wouldn't be too upset at her for leaving in the first place- climbing the ranks had to happen somehow, even if it meant unconventional methods, even for the Assassin's guild. But Sam still had this weird twist in her gut- anxiety over being caught? Maybe she was nervous to fight her when she caught her.
I'm probably just tired. She thought to herself. She turned a corner and caught of glimpse of the hanging Tavern sign, but had the urge to look around at her surroundings before trapping herself in the building.

She stood in the midst of the thinning crowd, glimpsing at every rooftop, taking in the street corners and alleyways that she could see, and by force of habit her hands rested on the crystal white pommel of Licht and the obsidian black pommel of Schatten. Her two daggers were like security blankets as a little shoot of panic stabbed into her chest when she thought she spotted someone familiar.

Calm down, calm down. They're just another townsperson. You need to sleep, thats your problem. Now hurry up and get inside. She closed her eyes and shook her head a bit, keeping herself awake, and then walked up the tavern stairs and opened the large, dented, stained oak door with a big sign that said "The Tankard" on it.
How original.

When she stepped in, a bunch of different smells made her stomach grumble loudly, probably in earshot of the people on the table next to the door. This didn't bother her- she was too distracted by the smell of food and made her way to the bar, pulling a stool out from under it and plopping down like she hadn't sit in ages. Her rump was sore from riding for days straight, probably as was Varien's back, and it had been last morning since she'd eaten since she'd been tracking and didn't want to loose her prey's trail.
"What can I get you, sweetie?" The bartender was an older woman, muscular and hardened by time but with big, kind brown eyes and dark red hair tied up in a messy bun. Sam let out a breath and braced her head up on the bar with the palms of her hands, supporting herself with her elbows against the wood.
"Uhhh- a bottle of mead sounds pretty good right about now. And- what is it they're eating? Can I have some of that?" She smiled to the bartender and let her shoulders relax, but even though she looked like she'd calmed down warning bells were going off in her head.
I should watch the door. She thought to herself, not breaking eye contact with the other woman but adjusting her hips on the seat so when she sat up, she'd be looking towards the door.

When the bartender left to get her order, she glanced around the room, taking in possible entryways/exits, sizing up the people at the tables, already planning how she'd take them out if things soured. Her peripheral vision was blocked partly by her dark red hood, so she slid it off her head. Her dark hair was dirty, caked with mud in some places, and in a low braid the reached down past the seat of her barstool. Her face was grimy and sweaty, her lips were chapped, but her eyes were bright and alert, looking over the room occasionally for anything that looked suspicious.

I am so sorry this is so long

Sam - Stable, Tavern - Western Town
Interaction with - Rick (@Dragonclaw101)

The crowd thinned out a little as Sam made her way to what she thought was the Tavern, walking quickly and with a purpose. While the look on her face wasn't unfriendly, approaching her wouldn't have been easy for a normal townsperson. She hooked her thumbs on the top of her corset and let her arms relax, letting herself take a breath and calm down.

The past couple days had been pretty jarring. It was like she hadn't had any time to just breathe. First the escape had happened, and Sam decided that she'd have better luck hunting her quarry without a party being her, so she escaped, too. It hadn't been hard- her magic made it too easy, in fact, and Varien had been her typical mount when she went places so he'd trusted her and stealing him was easy.

Now she was looking for the other person keeping her from high-Beta position. When she brought her head back to the Guildmaster she had a feeling he wouldn't be too upset at her for leaving in the first place- climbing the ranks had to happen somehow, even if it meant unconventional methods, even for the Assassin's guild. But Sam still had this weird twist in her gut- anxiety over being caught? Maybe she was nervous to fight her when she caught her.
I'm probably just tired. She thought to herself. She turned a corner and caught of glimpse of the hanging Tavern sign, but had the urge to look around at her surroundings before trapping herself in the building.

She stood in the midst of the thinning crowd, glimpsing at every rooftop, taking in the street corners and alleyways that she could see, and by force of habit her hands rested on the crystal white pommel of Licht and the obsidian black pommel of Schatten. Her two daggers were like security blankets as a little shoot of panic stabbed into her chest when she thought she spotted someone familiar.

Calm down, calm down. They're just another townsperson. You need to sleep, thats your problem. Now hurry up and get inside. She closed her eyes and shook her head a bit, keeping herself awake, and then walked up the tavern stairs and opened the large, dented, stained oak door with a big sign that said "The Tankard" on it.
How original.

When she stepped in, a bunch of different smells made her stomach grumble loudly, probably in earshot of the people on the table next to the door. This didn't bother her- she was too distracted by the smell of food and made her way to the bar, pulling a stool out from under it and plopping down like she hadn't sit in ages. Her rump was sore from riding for days straight, probably as was Varien's back, and it had been last morning since she'd eaten since she'd been tracking and didn't want to loose her prey's trail.
"What can I get you, sweetie?" The bartender was an older woman, muscular and hardened by time but with big, kind brown eyes and dark red hair tied up in a messy bun. Sam let out a breath and braced her head up on the bar with the palms of her hands, supporting herself with her elbows against the wood.
"Uhhh- a bottle of mead sounds pretty good right about now. And- what is it they're eating? Can I have some of that?" She smiled to the bartender and let her shoulders relax, but even though she looked like she'd calmed down warning bells were going off in her head.
I should watch the door. She thought to herself, not breaking eye contact with the other woman but adjusting her hips on the seat so when she sat up, she'd be looking towards the door.

When the bartender left to get her order, she glanced around the room, taking in possible entryways/exits, sizing up the people at the tables, already planning how she'd take them out if things soured. Her peripheral vision was blocked partly by her dark red hood, so she slid it off her head. Her dark hair was dirty, caked with mud in some places, and in a low braid the reached down past the seat of her barstool. Her face was grimy and sweaty, her lips were chapped, but her eyes were bright and alert, looking over the room occasionally for anything that looked suspicious.

I am so sorry this is so long
HwHO2NM.png .....
San/Sanguine
She/Her
Give me Pumpkin Spice before I remove your kneecap privileges

Cynric - Outside Tavern - (@dragonclaw101 ) Jazmine @nuttysaladtree - Hilde @scales25 - Neph)

Cynric was his thankful the giant hadn’t helped him up with his bad arm.
“Yeah,” he slurred, leaning against her for some semblance of support, leaning down to grab his spear again.
“Good idea-“ he mumbled to the woman. There was something about her that made some foggy thing recognize her, but his head was distracted and woozy from everything.

Now that he had successfully attracted the attention of everyone in town to his crime, Cynric woozily pulled his fingers to his lips, blowing off a sharp note. But he was a bit too late. Surrounding them were the angry patrons and people, most holding knives.
They looked up at Jazmine with eyes narrowed in rage. Cynric himself was a rather weak, pathetic target. Jazmine was a tall, imposing figure who they didn’t know was armed or not.
“Damn horse..” Cynric mumbled, a wave of nausea coming over him, and he lost his balance again, wobbling from Jazmine’s side.

In a second, a young man- a boy, really- darted from the crowd. Maybe to help Cynric and Jazmine, maybe to take a swipe at him.
Cynric, seeing a figure darting at him, acted on instinct, drunkenly plunging his spear at the boy.

(Kinda short bc there’s a lot of people around to react lmao)

Cynric - Outside Tavern - (@dragonclaw101 ) Jazmine @nuttysaladtree - Hilde @scales25 - Neph)

Cynric was his thankful the giant hadn’t helped him up with his bad arm.
“Yeah,” he slurred, leaning against her for some semblance of support, leaning down to grab his spear again.
“Good idea-“ he mumbled to the woman. There was something about her that made some foggy thing recognize her, but his head was distracted and woozy from everything.

Now that he had successfully attracted the attention of everyone in town to his crime, Cynric woozily pulled his fingers to his lips, blowing off a sharp note. But he was a bit too late. Surrounding them were the angry patrons and people, most holding knives.
They looked up at Jazmine with eyes narrowed in rage. Cynric himself was a rather weak, pathetic target. Jazmine was a tall, imposing figure who they didn’t know was armed or not.
“Damn horse..” Cynric mumbled, a wave of nausea coming over him, and he lost his balance again, wobbling from Jazmine’s side.

In a second, a young man- a boy, really- darted from the crowd. Maybe to help Cynric and Jazmine, maybe to take a swipe at him.
Cynric, seeing a figure darting at him, acted on instinct, drunkenly plunging his spear at the boy.

(Kinda short bc there’s a lot of people around to react lmao)
| King | Under 18 | He/Him|

My hobby is bad things I love
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 20 21