Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | BNHA rp; vigilantes (Open!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
@WaywardWendigo

OOC:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2900000/1#post_44395628

A dark form slunk through the back alleys of Tokyo city, green eyes alight with an eerie light. It was bipedal, pale grey wings laced with purple and white.

He was wearing concealer to cover the scars on his face and skin-tone brushed over with a slightly darker shade. A smile quirked at his lips, flat black suit leaving the only thing to look at his face.

The mask was distinctive, feathers at the ends obviously from his own wings and white hair spilling just shy of his shoulders.

NightOwl clicked his tongue, keeping his mouth almost completely closed to avoid his teeth or tongue giving away his identity.

"Too far. I was about to tell you you were leading that girl into the wrong alley before you punched me."

His voice was eerie; ghostlike and haunting. The pale eyes focused in on a man pinned against the back wall of the alley, shying away from the tall man.

"Crow."

A dark shadow that had earlier seemed so innocent shifted as the thick black cloth moved, the lamp the other vigilante had been perched on finally shedding light on the two.

"Don't worry," CrowCall drawled, voice modifier crackling slightly. "I won't embarrass you for too long."

The only thing anyone heard was the sound of a body hitting the floor.
An hour later, the two vigilantes were perched on a roof, sharing a small meal that they'd stashed in some part of the city that neither of them remembered anymore.

The mouthpiece of Crow's had split down the middle and slid to either side as they ate, fangs flashing.

The most noticable was Night, however, his stature and bright mask/ribbon combo making him stand out.

No one ever noticed the weapons.

Sleeves. Shoes. Back of the mask. Mask beak. Knives, shurikens, extendable bostaff, and a small blade. They were all there.

Just hidden.

Crow, however, made no such reservations when it came to weapons.

Knives attached to sheathes hidden under their wings, a par of extendable bo staffs, on the weapons belt across their chest, smoke-bombs, thermite grenades, the whole shebang.

But possibly their most notable weapon was the one strung across their back; an air-powered, semi-automatic sniper rifle with a silencer perched on the top. The entire thing was almost the size of the vigilante themselves, though light enough to hold.

Flame's ears absently swiveled and perked, picking up on sounds not even Jet could hear.

But then they froze.

And frowned.

And a scream ripped across the sky.

Lt. Fletcher Varis groaned, dropping down into his cheap office chair. "So close... so f****** close..."

They'd seen the backs of two figures fleeing away on the rooftops from the scene they were called to and he was convinced they were the vigilante pair. The two birds of Tokyo. CrowCall and NightOwl.

He'd seen their insignia etched into a loose brick that was left at the crime-scene, but still nothing for those who were going after them.

A knock on his door drew him back out of his practically-pouting.

"Lt. Varis?"

"Come in, Averette."

There was the hiss of scales on hardwood as his door popped open and Varis' partner slunk in, red-gold eyes formal and cold for the moment.

That dropped as soon as the soundproof door was closed.

Avature let out a frustrated hiss, tail-tip thumping on the ground. "We were SO close! Godsdamnit!"

@WaywardWendigo

OOC:
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2900000/1#post_44395628

A dark form slunk through the back alleys of Tokyo city, green eyes alight with an eerie light. It was bipedal, pale grey wings laced with purple and white.

He was wearing concealer to cover the scars on his face and skin-tone brushed over with a slightly darker shade. A smile quirked at his lips, flat black suit leaving the only thing to look at his face.

The mask was distinctive, feathers at the ends obviously from his own wings and white hair spilling just shy of his shoulders.

NightOwl clicked his tongue, keeping his mouth almost completely closed to avoid his teeth or tongue giving away his identity.

"Too far. I was about to tell you you were leading that girl into the wrong alley before you punched me."

His voice was eerie; ghostlike and haunting. The pale eyes focused in on a man pinned against the back wall of the alley, shying away from the tall man.

"Crow."

A dark shadow that had earlier seemed so innocent shifted as the thick black cloth moved, the lamp the other vigilante had been perched on finally shedding light on the two.

"Don't worry," CrowCall drawled, voice modifier crackling slightly. "I won't embarrass you for too long."

The only thing anyone heard was the sound of a body hitting the floor.
An hour later, the two vigilantes were perched on a roof, sharing a small meal that they'd stashed in some part of the city that neither of them remembered anymore.

The mouthpiece of Crow's had split down the middle and slid to either side as they ate, fangs flashing.

The most noticable was Night, however, his stature and bright mask/ribbon combo making him stand out.

No one ever noticed the weapons.

Sleeves. Shoes. Back of the mask. Mask beak. Knives, shurikens, extendable bostaff, and a small blade. They were all there.

Just hidden.

Crow, however, made no such reservations when it came to weapons.

Knives attached to sheathes hidden under their wings, a par of extendable bo staffs, on the weapons belt across their chest, smoke-bombs, thermite grenades, the whole shebang.

But possibly their most notable weapon was the one strung across their back; an air-powered, semi-automatic sniper rifle with a silencer perched on the top. The entire thing was almost the size of the vigilante themselves, though light enough to hold.

Flame's ears absently swiveled and perked, picking up on sounds not even Jet could hear.

But then they froze.

And frowned.

And a scream ripped across the sky.

Lt. Fletcher Varis groaned, dropping down into his cheap office chair. "So close... so f****** close..."

They'd seen the backs of two figures fleeing away on the rooftops from the scene they were called to and he was convinced they were the vigilante pair. The two birds of Tokyo. CrowCall and NightOwl.

He'd seen their insignia etched into a loose brick that was left at the crime-scene, but still nothing for those who were going after them.

A knock on his door drew him back out of his practically-pouting.

"Lt. Varis?"

"Come in, Averette."

There was the hiss of scales on hardwood as his door popped open and Varis' partner slunk in, red-gold eyes formal and cold for the moment.

That dropped as soon as the soundproof door was closed.

Avature let out a frustrated hiss, tail-tip thumping on the ground. "We were SO close! Godsdamnit!"

They/Them
Roleplayer.
I used to be a people person, but then people ruined it.
I have an art shop!
Arya Chaudhary

Arya smiled under his mask, it was nice night really. The bright lights that contrasted against the dark cover really added an atmosphere, neon blues,pinks and greens all flashing around. He didn't exactly like the rain, but on a night like this? He'd wish for it. He kicked the object in front of him, nodding when he heard the satisfying sound of glass shattering. He knelt in front of the now armless body, they were still alive just not,, present at the moment. Shame, could've asked them some questions and laughed at their answers. Arya almost giggled, served em right for lunging at them like that, must have meant that someone else had put a hit out, he'd have to take care of that some time.

While he'd love to stay and admire the pathetic sight but, this one here had already screamed loud enough to draw unwanted attention, and he thought that he picked up some other poor souls howls from a distance, could've been an echo though. Maybe he'd find some police or better yet heroes to go annoy, that was always fun. He slipped on one full cover glove and clambered back onto the rooftops, scoping out the area, searching for signs of a scuffle. Hey, he was feeling pretty generous, he might actually help someone without reason. Might...

((SORRY!!! aa this took so long and its short :( i made it so that scream couldve been arya but also could be something in case you had it planned!
Arya Chaudhary

Arya smiled under his mask, it was nice night really. The bright lights that contrasted against the dark cover really added an atmosphere, neon blues,pinks and greens all flashing around. He didn't exactly like the rain, but on a night like this? He'd wish for it. He kicked the object in front of him, nodding when he heard the satisfying sound of glass shattering. He knelt in front of the now armless body, they were still alive just not,, present at the moment. Shame, could've asked them some questions and laughed at their answers. Arya almost giggled, served em right for lunging at them like that, must have meant that someone else had put a hit out, he'd have to take care of that some time.

While he'd love to stay and admire the pathetic sight but, this one here had already screamed loud enough to draw unwanted attention, and he thought that he picked up some other poor souls howls from a distance, could've been an echo though. Maybe he'd find some police or better yet heroes to go annoy, that was always fun. He slipped on one full cover glove and clambered back onto the rooftops, scoping out the area, searching for signs of a scuffle. Hey, he was feeling pretty generous, he might actually help someone without reason. Might...

((SORRY!!! aa this took so long and its short :( i made it so that scream couldve been arya but also could be something in case you had it planned!
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
A scream was a familiar sound to Tino. Something he heard nearly every day really, whether he caused it or not. His mind began to wonder off as he started to envision what had happened to have caused such a chilling sound, but he quickly snapped himself out of his daydream as a drop of rain fell into his eye.

The rain was entrancing as the lovely smell tugged at Tino's lips, pulling them into a smile hidden by soft but thick cloth. His arms stuck out as he lightly twirled around while slightly humming a non-existent song to himself. A song of random, and sometimes jarringly out of tune, notes that were hummed out at a tempo that changed every couple of spinning steps that were taken. Tino tried ignored his annoyance of having wet socks as the murky water within small puddles had begun to soak through the tips of his boots and into his fluffy socks. This trance was a nice feeling- one that Tino hadn't felt in a while as his stress and frustration got more frequent as the cops and heroes became closer and closer to catching him. It was a nice change for once, one where Tino could finally feel free once more, and it was almost as if he didn't have a quirk.

He kept himself inside of this elated trance-like state to push away his worries, all the while not realizing that he was naturally drawing himself closer and closer to the area of which he had heard the scream as the pavement below his feet cracked whenever he took a large step.
A scream was a familiar sound to Tino. Something he heard nearly every day really, whether he caused it or not. His mind began to wonder off as he started to envision what had happened to have caused such a chilling sound, but he quickly snapped himself out of his daydream as a drop of rain fell into his eye.

The rain was entrancing as the lovely smell tugged at Tino's lips, pulling them into a smile hidden by soft but thick cloth. His arms stuck out as he lightly twirled around while slightly humming a non-existent song to himself. A song of random, and sometimes jarringly out of tune, notes that were hummed out at a tempo that changed every couple of spinning steps that were taken. Tino tried ignored his annoyance of having wet socks as the murky water within small puddles had begun to soak through the tips of his boots and into his fluffy socks. This trance was a nice feeling- one that Tino hadn't felt in a while as his stress and frustration got more frequent as the cops and heroes became closer and closer to catching him. It was a nice change for once, one where Tino could finally feel free once more, and it was almost as if he didn't have a quirk.

He kept himself inside of this elated trance-like state to push away his worries, all the while not realizing that he was naturally drawing himself closer and closer to the area of which he had heard the scream as the pavement below his feet cracked whenever he took a large step.
3B15OeM.pngq9EEy5M.pngz9OsVtc.png
Crow's head shot up as something landed on their helmet.

Rain.

They turned to their companion, worry striking their features under the visor. "Go back home, Night. I can handle this one."

NightOwl ruffled his feathers, white chalk puffing into the air. "What—no! I can't just leave you to take on a criminal by yourself."

CrowCall snorted and stood, whacking him upside the head. "Idgit! Did you forget that you're practically useless in the rain?" They asked, own wings twitching under the cloak. "I can take it."

As it was, the color was starting to bleed off his feathers.

"Alright! Fine! But if you're not home in two hours, I'm tracking you down; rain or not!"

"Deal."

And with that, they parted, Crow leaping across rooftops instead of flying and Night vanishing into the clouds.

"We'll get 'em next time, Av..." Fletch sighed, closing his eyes.

"You say that every time; I think you're jinxing it," Avature muttered, coiling into a ball by the lieutenant's desk.

Fate was not kind to Fletcher that day.

As soon as the poor officer opened his mouth to respond, the phone went off.

He had another call.

Just lovely.

The entire thing boiled down to; screaming person in alleyway next to bar; unknown cause get your a** out here now because CrowCall has been spotted in the area.

Joy.

And so, the two set off in a cruiser, Av shrinking down and coiling around the detective's neck for ease of travel.

(Nah, I don't control others' characters. It's just an NPC as a catalyst)
Crow's head shot up as something landed on their helmet.

Rain.

They turned to their companion, worry striking their features under the visor. "Go back home, Night. I can handle this one."

NightOwl ruffled his feathers, white chalk puffing into the air. "What—no! I can't just leave you to take on a criminal by yourself."

CrowCall snorted and stood, whacking him upside the head. "Idgit! Did you forget that you're practically useless in the rain?" They asked, own wings twitching under the cloak. "I can take it."

As it was, the color was starting to bleed off his feathers.

"Alright! Fine! But if you're not home in two hours, I'm tracking you down; rain or not!"

"Deal."

And with that, they parted, Crow leaping across rooftops instead of flying and Night vanishing into the clouds.

"We'll get 'em next time, Av..." Fletch sighed, closing his eyes.

"You say that every time; I think you're jinxing it," Avature muttered, coiling into a ball by the lieutenant's desk.

Fate was not kind to Fletcher that day.

As soon as the poor officer opened his mouth to respond, the phone went off.

He had another call.

Just lovely.

The entire thing boiled down to; screaming person in alleyway next to bar; unknown cause get your a** out here now because CrowCall has been spotted in the area.

Joy.

And so, the two set off in a cruiser, Av shrinking down and coiling around the detective's neck for ease of travel.

(Nah, I don't control others' characters. It's just an NPC as a catalyst)
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
Arya Chaudhary

Funny, it had stared to rain. Seemed like somebody up in the clouds thought it would be pretty cool to fulfill the offhanded wish hed made earlier. Arya couldn't really complain now that would have to be awful luck. He kept on hopping along the buildings, not in a rush but not trying to get noticed. He kept on having a lovely stroll when the sickening sound of cracking concrete nearly made him jump right out of his skin. He crouched down at near breakneck speed, trying to catch sight at whoever, no, whatever was breaking concrete

The whoever {not a whatever} came into view pretty quick, and boy was that not a good someone. He didnt even look like he was trying to crush the ground under him, he just seemed to be walking. To be that strong was, it made him shiver. Imagine being on the rescuing end of one of those punches? Yikes, no way. He didn't seem like he was going to try anything but hey, living in the grey zone made you pretty paranoid.

((excitement, the crew is meeting up
Arya Chaudhary

Funny, it had stared to rain. Seemed like somebody up in the clouds thought it would be pretty cool to fulfill the offhanded wish hed made earlier. Arya couldn't really complain now that would have to be awful luck. He kept on hopping along the buildings, not in a rush but not trying to get noticed. He kept on having a lovely stroll when the sickening sound of cracking concrete nearly made him jump right out of his skin. He crouched down at near breakneck speed, trying to catch sight at whoever, no, whatever was breaking concrete

The whoever {not a whatever} came into view pretty quick, and boy was that not a good someone. He didnt even look like he was trying to crush the ground under him, he just seemed to be walking. To be that strong was, it made him shiver. Imagine being on the rescuing end of one of those punches? Yikes, no way. He didn't seem like he was going to try anything but hey, living in the grey zone made you pretty paranoid.

((excitement, the crew is meeting up
"They asked me if I had a degree in theoretical physics. I said I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard"
(AAah so incredibly sorry I had some things I had to deal with! I promise it won't happen again)

Tino didn't notice the stranger stalking him as the rain continued to lightly drip from his eyelashes and down his face. A chill ran up his spine, but he knew that it wasn't from the cold rain as his dense clothes kept not only him from breaking them unintentionally, but also kept extreme temperatures at bay. He stopped and took in a large whiff of the air to try and see if he could smell, hear, or see anything nearby.

His relaxed mood was now ruined, but that didn't stop him from continuing on his way. Instead of twirling this time, he was cautiously glancing around him at every crack and corer he could see. It was in moments like this that Tino was grateful he didn't have a notable reputation among the public- it was more than likely no one would recognize him.
(AAah so incredibly sorry I had some things I had to deal with! I promise it won't happen again)

Tino didn't notice the stranger stalking him as the rain continued to lightly drip from his eyelashes and down his face. A chill ran up his spine, but he knew that it wasn't from the cold rain as his dense clothes kept not only him from breaking them unintentionally, but also kept extreme temperatures at bay. He stopped and took in a large whiff of the air to try and see if he could smell, hear, or see anything nearby.

His relaxed mood was now ruined, but that didn't stop him from continuing on his way. Instead of twirling this time, he was cautiously glancing around him at every crack and corer he could see. It was in moments like this that Tino was grateful he didn't have a notable reputation among the public- it was more than likely no one would recognize him.
((It's cool, lol. Take your time))

A shadow flitted above the two, almost invisible in the night. It paused at the rooftop above the man cracking concrete, despite not seeming to be trying.

Nothing seemed to be amiss besides property damage, but damage control wasn't Crow's job. They huffed with a roll of their eyes, turning and leaping to another building with ease.

There were sirens in the distance.

They needed to get there and wrap it up quick.

The shadow vanished again, heading in the same direction of the two...

Just quite a bit faster and silent.

In the alley, there were at least nine people of mixed gender, a hostage adding to their numbers.

The hostage was a middle-aged man, obviously in the process of getting a knife out of his back pocket to saw at the heavy-duty zip-tie keeping him tied to the post.

The others were speaking in a strange language—seemingly French. Interesting.
((It's cool, lol. Take your time))

A shadow flitted above the two, almost invisible in the night. It paused at the rooftop above the man cracking concrete, despite not seeming to be trying.

Nothing seemed to be amiss besides property damage, but damage control wasn't Crow's job. They huffed with a roll of their eyes, turning and leaping to another building with ease.

There were sirens in the distance.

They needed to get there and wrap it up quick.

The shadow vanished again, heading in the same direction of the two...

Just quite a bit faster and silent.

In the alley, there were at least nine people of mixed gender, a hostage adding to their numbers.

The hostage was a middle-aged man, obviously in the process of getting a knife out of his back pocket to saw at the heavy-duty zip-tie keeping him tied to the post.

The others were speaking in a strange language—seemingly French. Interesting.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
Arya Chaudhary

Arya glanced up, somebody else passed by, but he coundt spot them and they didnt stay long. They wouldn't worry, if it was someone after either of them they likely would've taken the chance to attack. Or not, but hed have to ignore that for now. The unnamed property damage guy, seemed like he picked up on something. Arya frowned a bit, he wasnt guessing his location or anything, and it wasn't looking like this was about to turn into a scuffle but hed better keep moving, itd be really ironic if his bones got shattered.

He went back to hopping across buildings, making sure to stop in particularly bright spot to give the stranger a quick wave before continuing on. Arya could definitely hear sirens now, must've been where that momentary visitor was headed. Hopefully they were another vigilante, preferably one that wouldn't get defensive over the find. Taking care of people who actually knew what they were doing was alot different then kicking some backwater thug in an alleyway. As he was walking he thought of that scary guy, didnt look like anyone he knew. It was dark, but he thought that the guy had a weird haircut. Not uncommon, but one that he might recognize if he saw him again.

((hey can i ask what kind of french? Arya here speaks the Quebec dialect, might pick up on a bit when he gets there
Arya Chaudhary

Arya glanced up, somebody else passed by, but he coundt spot them and they didnt stay long. They wouldn't worry, if it was someone after either of them they likely would've taken the chance to attack. Or not, but hed have to ignore that for now. The unnamed property damage guy, seemed like he picked up on something. Arya frowned a bit, he wasnt guessing his location or anything, and it wasn't looking like this was about to turn into a scuffle but hed better keep moving, itd be really ironic if his bones got shattered.

He went back to hopping across buildings, making sure to stop in particularly bright spot to give the stranger a quick wave before continuing on. Arya could definitely hear sirens now, must've been where that momentary visitor was headed. Hopefully they were another vigilante, preferably one that wouldn't get defensive over the find. Taking care of people who actually knew what they were doing was alot different then kicking some backwater thug in an alleyway. As he was walking he thought of that scary guy, didnt look like anyone he knew. It was dark, but he thought that the guy had a weird haircut. Not uncommon, but one that he might recognize if he saw him again.

((hey can i ask what kind of french? Arya here speaks the Quebec dialect, might pick up on a bit when he gets there
Tino nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw something move from the corner of his eye. Rubbing his blue eyes for a few moments he then looked up at the dark sky and blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the bright streetlights, but there was no one -though he could've swore when he did open his eyes back up that there was a person waving under a streetlight.'I must be going crazy, I wonder if this is how true villains become mass murderers...' The thought left a bad taste in his mouth.

After a few more paces, he could hear sounds of people talking, though the words didn't sound familiar- he decided that they must be speaking in another language. Tino didn't want to be heard so he turned around a nearby corner where he could still faintly hear and see what was happening. There appeared to be a large group with a... was that a hostage?

At first the scene just had his curiosity, but now it has his interest- and a faint voice in the back of his mind whispered, 'you can save them'. Tino's grip on the corner of the building tightened, some parts crumbling to the ground.
Tino nearly jumped out of his skin when he saw something move from the corner of his eye. Rubbing his blue eyes for a few moments he then looked up at the dark sky and blinked a few times to adjust his eyes to the bright streetlights, but there was no one -though he could've swore when he did open his eyes back up that there was a person waving under a streetlight.'I must be going crazy, I wonder if this is how true villains become mass murderers...' The thought left a bad taste in his mouth.

After a few more paces, he could hear sounds of people talking, though the words didn't sound familiar- he decided that they must be speaking in another language. Tino didn't want to be heard so he turned around a nearby corner where he could still faintly hear and see what was happening. There appeared to be a large group with a... was that a hostage?

At first the scene just had his curiosity, but now it has his interest- and a faint voice in the back of his mind whispered, 'you can save them'. Tino's grip on the corner of the building tightened, some parts crumbling to the ground.
All of them whipped around at the sound of crumbling concrete, the figure in the shadows mentally curing to themself. Well...

They could get the hostage out, now, but that'd draw attention.

Oh, well.

Saer'Herein hadn't been shot in a while anyway.

From their spot perched atop an electrical box, Crow slid a fully-loaded magazine into the slot behind the trigger of their weapon.

This was going to hurt. Sae was built for long-distance shots and the vigilante was barely a hundred feet away. They couldn't say they felt guilty. The poison hurt more, anyway.

Letting out a breath, Crow steadied their shot, paying no mind to the other a ways away.

Three...

Two...

One.

There wasn't even a sound as the gold streak shot out, hitting the villain closest to the hostage hard enough for the bulky man to yelp.

And then he collapsed, screaming bloody-murder and writhing on the floor. The poison was comprised mostly of two things; water and phospholipase A2. There was another chemical present, but that was just to amp up the pain factor; none of it was fatal unless dosed in horribly high amounts.

But it hurt like a b***.

CrowCall grinned under their mask as a few charged at the man cracking the brick wall, thinking he did it.

Boy.

Crow loved their hobbies.
All of them whipped around at the sound of crumbling concrete, the figure in the shadows mentally curing to themself. Well...

They could get the hostage out, now, but that'd draw attention.

Oh, well.

Saer'Herein hadn't been shot in a while anyway.

From their spot perched atop an electrical box, Crow slid a fully-loaded magazine into the slot behind the trigger of their weapon.

This was going to hurt. Sae was built for long-distance shots and the vigilante was barely a hundred feet away. They couldn't say they felt guilty. The poison hurt more, anyway.

Letting out a breath, Crow steadied their shot, paying no mind to the other a ways away.

Three...

Two...

One.

There wasn't even a sound as the gold streak shot out, hitting the villain closest to the hostage hard enough for the bulky man to yelp.

And then he collapsed, screaming bloody-murder and writhing on the floor. The poison was comprised mostly of two things; water and phospholipase A2. There was another chemical present, but that was just to amp up the pain factor; none of it was fatal unless dosed in horribly high amounts.

But it hurt like a b***.

CrowCall grinned under their mask as a few charged at the man cracking the brick wall, thinking he did it.

Boy.

Crow loved their hobbies.
They/Them
Roleplayer.
I have an art shop!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11