Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Heroes Rising [Closed]
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39
As Hento watched other people throw the ball he was thinking to himself, "hm how can I input my quirk into throwing the ball, i cant freezes it because then it would be harder to throw." as he was thinking he got an idea, "hm this might not work but it's my only chance" so as he was waiting for his turn he felt exited, then Mr Azawa says "ok Hento Monota, your next". As Hento walks up to the plate and holing the ball he thinks "ok i got this, i got this,". he takes the ball in his right hand he rears back and as he is throwing the ball, before he lets go, a small chunk of ice comes out of his hand and lanches the ball. 70 meters. He smiles to himself and walks off the mound and back into the crowd. Then he thinks to himself, "not the best but not the worst other i can say that is a win."
As Hento watched other people throw the ball he was thinking to himself, "hm how can I input my quirk into throwing the ball, i cant freezes it because then it would be harder to throw." as he was thinking he got an idea, "hm this might not work but it's my only chance" so as he was waiting for his turn he felt exited, then Mr Azawa says "ok Hento Monota, your next". As Hento walks up to the plate and holing the ball he thinks "ok i got this, i got this,". he takes the ball in his right hand he rears back and as he is throwing the ball, before he lets go, a small chunk of ice comes out of his hand and lanches the ball. 70 meters. He smiles to himself and walks off the mound and back into the crowd. Then he thinks to himself, "not the best but not the worst other i can say that is a win."
THE CLAN OF DARK DREAMS
He/Him
(Updated the front page with the new characters.)

Ryota smirked, watching as everyone had elected to throw the ball. It was interesting, of course, to see how the quirks of others could be used in a singular, simple task like this. He had to admit, Aizawa had picked a good first test. Not only was he assessing the strength of their quirks, but also their mental abilities and problem solving skills. They had to think fast about how to apply their powers to a new situation and how quickly and successful they were probably was far more important than the actual distance the ball went.
"I suppose I shall," he told Risu as he stepped up to the circle where the others had stood for their turns. He picked up the ball in his left hand, eyeing it before he then bit the tip of his finger on his other hand. Then he reached out and began drawing in the air, an image of a bird coming to life before him. For a moment all was still and then when he was finished drawing the inky creature fluttered down to the ground, waiting obediently.
"Take this and fly away," Ryota commanded. The ink bird did as it was told, grabbing the ball in its talons and flying off. It wasn't as flashy and strong as the other quirks displayed, but the bird would fly for five minutes straight, going as far as a bird was capable in that time which, quite frankly, was a lot. Ryota smirked, settling back to watch the ink bird disappear in the distance.
"Certainly an interesting choice," Aizawa muttered as he took more notes. So far none had done especially poorly, though a few had stood out for their ingenuity. Alison was next, using her wind to push the ball through the air a considerable distance and finally Kagome had her turn, projecting a pink shield and using it to force the ball away. The tired teacher watched carefully, making notes as they went.
"Next we will be doing one-hundred meter dashes," Aizawa announced, heading over to a long stretch of track. "Three of you will go at one time. Again, use your quirk however you'd like in order to reach the end in the fastest time possible."
(Updated the front page with the new characters.)

Ryota smirked, watching as everyone had elected to throw the ball. It was interesting, of course, to see how the quirks of others could be used in a singular, simple task like this. He had to admit, Aizawa had picked a good first test. Not only was he assessing the strength of their quirks, but also their mental abilities and problem solving skills. They had to think fast about how to apply their powers to a new situation and how quickly and successful they were probably was far more important than the actual distance the ball went.
"I suppose I shall," he told Risu as he stepped up to the circle where the others had stood for their turns. He picked up the ball in his left hand, eyeing it before he then bit the tip of his finger on his other hand. Then he reached out and began drawing in the air, an image of a bird coming to life before him. For a moment all was still and then when he was finished drawing the inky creature fluttered down to the ground, waiting obediently.
"Take this and fly away," Ryota commanded. The ink bird did as it was told, grabbing the ball in its talons and flying off. It wasn't as flashy and strong as the other quirks displayed, but the bird would fly for five minutes straight, going as far as a bird was capable in that time which, quite frankly, was a lot. Ryota smirked, settling back to watch the ink bird disappear in the distance.
"Certainly an interesting choice," Aizawa muttered as he took more notes. So far none had done especially poorly, though a few had stood out for their ingenuity. Alison was next, using her wind to push the ball through the air a considerable distance and finally Kagome had her turn, projecting a pink shield and using it to force the ball away. The tired teacher watched carefully, making notes as they went.
"Next we will be doing one-hundred meter dashes," Aizawa announced, heading over to a long stretch of track. "Three of you will go at one time. Again, use your quirk however you'd like in order to reach the end in the fastest time possible."
Please ping me so I get your message. :3
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
(Whew, it's cool to see some new people popping in! Also, I keep trying to think of which characters in the actual story are gonna be in this and iadskj it's hard okay.)

With the announcement being a one-hundred meter dash, Hirai groaned to herself quietly. Yeah, she had no chance of using her quirk for this. Cracking her knuckles, and deciding to just get it right out of the way, she stepped forward to finish it early. Already aware that she wouldn't get an amazing time, she stretched her arms above her head. Beside her, Mina walked over and bumped her hip against Hirai's.

"Going first, huh?" The pink girl questioned as they lined up and crouched to begin their sprints. Hirai nodded, quietly, while Mina spouted off a few more words. Once Mr. Aizawa told them to start, Hirai shot off as fast she could in a sprint. Mina was faster than her, using her acid to shoot off across the ground. After they had both crossed the finish line, with Hirai having a rather... average score, they shared a small smile and stood around to watch the next people going.
(Whew, it's cool to see some new people popping in! Also, I keep trying to think of which characters in the actual story are gonna be in this and iadskj it's hard okay.)

With the announcement being a one-hundred meter dash, Hirai groaned to herself quietly. Yeah, she had no chance of using her quirk for this. Cracking her knuckles, and deciding to just get it right out of the way, she stepped forward to finish it early. Already aware that she wouldn't get an amazing time, she stretched her arms above her head. Beside her, Mina walked over and bumped her hip against Hirai's.

"Going first, huh?" The pink girl questioned as they lined up and crouched to begin their sprints. Hirai nodded, quietly, while Mina spouted off a few more words. Once Mr. Aizawa told them to start, Hirai shot off as fast she could in a sprint. Mina was faster than her, using her acid to shoot off across the ground. After they had both crossed the finish line, with Hirai having a rather... average score, they shared a small smile and stood around to watch the next people going.
forest1.pngforest2.pngforest6.png
((are you gonna close the rp or still keep it open for more people?))

Risu beamed at Ryota. "That's so cool! You must be such a good artist! Once we're done with class, I have like a billion questions for you." She inspected him up and down. She thought his quirk was incredible and so interesting. But, everyone in their class was interesting and special.
Risu lined up at the track next. Next to her was the frog girl. What was her name? Tsuyu Asui. And on her other side was the class rep, Tenya Iida. Risu couldn't quite remember what their quirks were, but she was clever. Before the dash started, she kicked off her socks and shoes. Aizawa signaled the start. Asui hopped away and Iida activated his boosters. Risu grew large pitcher plants leaves on the bottoms of her feet. The slippery leaves coated with digestive fluid allowed her to treat the race like a ski sprint. She wasn't able to catch up to Iida, but she finished just ahead of Asui.
At the end, she hunched over, panting. She took a big drink of water and removed the leaves from her feet.
"Hey, you guys are really good!" Risu said to Asui and Iida.
The three continued to talk as more students lined up for races.
"That's a cool quirk you've got there, ribbit. You're like a walking garden, ribbit." Asui commented as the three walked back to the rest of the group.
"Ah, yeah I guess I am, huh? You guys are really cool too! Super speed must be really useful, I'm sure you could save a lot of people with that," Risu commented before reaching down to pick up her sock and shoes. She realized that she had made a habit of discarding lot of her clothes. Maybe she would have to ask Aizawa if she could modify her gym uniform.
"It is very useful! You are a formidable opponent Risu!" Iida made strange hand gestures as he talked.
Risu laughed at the absurdity of the pair she was with.

((pitcher plants are carnivorous plants that are shaped like the bowl, so Risu grew them flat so she could take advantage of the fluid))
((edit: sorry about not writing the convo between her and the others, i got distracted by a lore idea and i had to write it before i forgot))
((second edit: i decided to write the conversation. so i'm a big 'ol liar. sorry y'all i'm a disaster, but i wrote my lore so go me. also i'm editing my character sheet again because i don't like the name of her quirk or her hero name and i'm super indecisive. :) oh and i'm modifying her hero costume. yeah sorry.))
((are you gonna close the rp or still keep it open for more people?))

Risu beamed at Ryota. "That's so cool! You must be such a good artist! Once we're done with class, I have like a billion questions for you." She inspected him up and down. She thought his quirk was incredible and so interesting. But, everyone in their class was interesting and special.
Risu lined up at the track next. Next to her was the frog girl. What was her name? Tsuyu Asui. And on her other side was the class rep, Tenya Iida. Risu couldn't quite remember what their quirks were, but she was clever. Before the dash started, she kicked off her socks and shoes. Aizawa signaled the start. Asui hopped away and Iida activated his boosters. Risu grew large pitcher plants leaves on the bottoms of her feet. The slippery leaves coated with digestive fluid allowed her to treat the race like a ski sprint. She wasn't able to catch up to Iida, but she finished just ahead of Asui.
At the end, she hunched over, panting. She took a big drink of water and removed the leaves from her feet.
"Hey, you guys are really good!" Risu said to Asui and Iida.
The three continued to talk as more students lined up for races.
"That's a cool quirk you've got there, ribbit. You're like a walking garden, ribbit." Asui commented as the three walked back to the rest of the group.
"Ah, yeah I guess I am, huh? You guys are really cool too! Super speed must be really useful, I'm sure you could save a lot of people with that," Risu commented before reaching down to pick up her sock and shoes. She realized that she had made a habit of discarding lot of her clothes. Maybe she would have to ask Aizawa if she could modify her gym uniform.
"It is very useful! You are a formidable opponent Risu!" Iida made strange hand gestures as he talked.
Risu laughed at the absurdity of the pair she was with.

((pitcher plants are carnivorous plants that are shaped like the bowl, so Risu grew them flat so she could take advantage of the fluid))
((edit: sorry about not writing the convo between her and the others, i got distracted by a lore idea and i had to write it before i forgot))
((second edit: i decided to write the conversation. so i'm a big 'ol liar. sorry y'all i'm a disaster, but i wrote my lore so go me. also i'm editing my character sheet again because i don't like the name of her quirk or her hero name and i'm super indecisive. :) oh and i'm modifying her hero costume. yeah sorry.))
pixilart-drawing.png
Akaido sprinted to school as fast as he could with a book bag slung haphazardly over a shoulder. He sped up to class 1-A and put and ear up to the door, empty, of course it was. Nothing was going his way today, first his alarm breaks and now this? He pushed the door open and chucked his bag onto an empty desk before continuing his sprint to the locker room. Once he was changed he followed the sound of chatting students to get to the group. It was difficult to act like he was here the whole time as he stood at the back of the class.
(Very quick response also sorry for taking so long to write anything. I did a dumb and forgot to sub to the thread)
Akaido sprinted to school as fast as he could with a book bag slung haphazardly over a shoulder. He sped up to class 1-A and put and ear up to the door, empty, of course it was. Nothing was going his way today, first his alarm breaks and now this? He pushed the door open and chucked his bag onto an empty desk before continuing his sprint to the locker room. Once he was changed he followed the sound of chatting students to get to the group. It was difficult to act like he was here the whole time as he stood at the back of the class.
(Very quick response also sorry for taking so long to write anything. I did a dumb and forgot to sub to the thread)
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png
As he watches his other classmates run he makes an ice cube on his hand and eats it. As the next group of kids finish he looks around," i guess i will go next" Hento says as he walks toward the starting line, Denki walking close behind him and says " i guess me to" as they get to the starting line Hento thinks to himself, "i think i can do something to make me faster." Both Hento and Denki both bend down and gets ready. "ok" Mr Azawa says in an depressing voice "go" Hento quickly makes an ice patch in front of him and scates across the ice as fast as he can. Hento crossed the finish line at a pretty good speed. "oh my god that worked" Hento says happily. then Denki says after he crosses the finish line "dang your fast, you have a pretty useful quirk" he gives Hento a smile. Hento gives a thumbs up ot Denki.
As he watches his other classmates run he makes an ice cube on his hand and eats it. As the next group of kids finish he looks around," i guess i will go next" Hento says as he walks toward the starting line, Denki walking close behind him and says " i guess me to" as they get to the starting line Hento thinks to himself, "i think i can do something to make me faster." Both Hento and Denki both bend down and gets ready. "ok" Mr Azawa says in an depressing voice "go" Hento quickly makes an ice patch in front of him and scates across the ice as fast as he can. Hento crossed the finish line at a pretty good speed. "oh my god that worked" Hento says happily. then Denki says after he crosses the finish line "dang your fast, you have a pretty useful quirk" he gives Hento a smile. Hento gives a thumbs up ot Denki.
THE CLAN OF DARK DREAMS
He/Him
((I added an image of my character on my bio thing))
((I added an image of my character on my bio thing))
pixilart-drawing.png
Akaido went next, he already knew he wasn’t going to do well so he might as well get it over with now. There was now way he could use his quirk for this so he’ll have to rely on what little training he had. Two others accompanied him at the start line (dunno who to toss in here) as he prepared for the race.
When the start of the race was signaled Akaido sped across the stretch of dirt at a slightly above average speed. His time was nothing to write home about, especially since he finished last in the small group.
Now that he had shown off his lack of skills he went to go stand once again at the back of the class.
Akaido went next, he already knew he wasn’t going to do well so he might as well get it over with now. There was now way he could use his quirk for this so he’ll have to rely on what little training he had. Two others accompanied him at the start line (dunno who to toss in here) as he prepared for the race.
When the start of the race was signaled Akaido sped across the stretch of dirt at a slightly above average speed. His time was nothing to write home about, especially since he finished last in the small group.
Now that he had shown off his lack of skills he went to go stand once again at the back of the class.
1bGY4da.gif
G6dp9TC.gifX7lZdvM.gifRiz8QCR.gifTgsXEGE.pngUcGmwnI.pngYqQahg2.png

Ryota smiled at Risu.
"Sure. I look forward to it," he said before listening to Aizawa's next test. Well this won't be as easy, Ryota thought as he watched the others go. It was one thing to draw a bird to carry a ball away, but how would he make himself faster? Ida's quirk was practically made for this, and as he watched Todoroki and Bakugo also race, he realized perhaps this wasn't going to be an easy task. But, so long as he didn't come in last, he figured he had a good shot.
Stepping up to the starting line, he found himself next to Alison and Ari.
"Ladies," he said, nodding his head with a smirk. Ari said nothing, as was expected, seeming to ignore him completely. So he turned to the other girl. "You've got a wind quirk, right?"
"Well, not exactly," Alison replied. "My quirk involves the weather and different aspects of it. Wind is just something easier to utilize."
"Huh... Sounds interesting. Either way, I'm pretty sure you've got me beat in this one."
"You never know. You draw stuff, right? Maybe you could draw rocket boosters." Though it was a joke, clearly a lightbulb went off in Ryota's head.
"That might just work..." The boy considered. He'd never drawn anything like that before. Would now be a good time to experiment? Quickly he got to work, drawing skates and some rather odd rockets on the back of them. It wasn't pretty, but maybe it would do.
"Ready, go," Aizawa said just as the boy finished. Alison took off, flying across the track. Ryota had expected her to be first, but Ari zipped past, leaving a large disturbance in the ground where she'd been standing.
Did she jump? Ryota thought to himself in shock. Just how did her quirk work? By now he realized he was far behind, so he attempted to activate the rockets he'd drawn. For a moment nothing happened until there was a large explosion that propelled him forward. He cried out in shock, landing on his face several dozen meters from the end line where Ari and Alison now stood. Groaning, he sat up in humiliation.
"You should be more aware of the design and function of what you're trying to draw," Aizawa said, coming to stand over Ryota. "The design was flawed. That's why it failed. But at least you are attempting to explore the possibilities of your quirk."
"Right..." Ryota muttered, rubbing his sore head.

Ryota smiled at Risu.
"Sure. I look forward to it," he said before listening to Aizawa's next test. Well this won't be as easy, Ryota thought as he watched the others go. It was one thing to draw a bird to carry a ball away, but how would he make himself faster? Ida's quirk was practically made for this, and as he watched Todoroki and Bakugo also race, he realized perhaps this wasn't going to be an easy task. But, so long as he didn't come in last, he figured he had a good shot.
Stepping up to the starting line, he found himself next to Alison and Ari.
"Ladies," he said, nodding his head with a smirk. Ari said nothing, as was expected, seeming to ignore him completely. So he turned to the other girl. "You've got a wind quirk, right?"
"Well, not exactly," Alison replied. "My quirk involves the weather and different aspects of it. Wind is just something easier to utilize."
"Huh... Sounds interesting. Either way, I'm pretty sure you've got me beat in this one."
"You never know. You draw stuff, right? Maybe you could draw rocket boosters." Though it was a joke, clearly a lightbulb went off in Ryota's head.
"That might just work..." The boy considered. He'd never drawn anything like that before. Would now be a good time to experiment? Quickly he got to work, drawing skates and some rather odd rockets on the back of them. It wasn't pretty, but maybe it would do.
"Ready, go," Aizawa said just as the boy finished. Alison took off, flying across the track. Ryota had expected her to be first, but Ari zipped past, leaving a large disturbance in the ground where she'd been standing.
Did she jump? Ryota thought to himself in shock. Just how did her quirk work? By now he realized he was far behind, so he attempted to activate the rockets he'd drawn. For a moment nothing happened until there was a large explosion that propelled him forward. He cried out in shock, landing on his face several dozen meters from the end line where Ari and Alison now stood. Groaning, he sat up in humiliation.
"You should be more aware of the design and function of what you're trying to draw," Aizawa said, coming to stand over Ryota. "The design was flawed. That's why it failed. But at least you are attempting to explore the possibilities of your quirk."
"Right..." Ryota muttered, rubbing his sore head.
(If you have a dragon that is descended from one of my progens then I would love to see!)
(Ah, hmm... I can keep it open if you guys want? Or I can go ahead and close it. Up to you.)
(Ah, hmm... I can keep it open if you guys want? Or I can go ahead and close it. Up to you.)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 38 39