Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pokemon B&W (IC)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24
Charlotte Battenburg // Route 1

When the group left Juniper's lab and headed towards Route 1, Charlotte weaved ahead of the group, intending to act as leader. The unintended consequence that she realized about five seconds in was that now that she wasn't walking with the others, she was unable to talk to them and had to walk in silence. Very awkward.

She had also recalled Wilbur back into his pokeball, then released him again immediately after when she realized the other trainers would probably take this time to bond with their partner and chastised herself for not thinking about that. He was trotting besides her, happily chasing flower petals and sniffing the ground as they walked.

When they reached Route 1, Charlotte turned to the rest of the group. "I intend to stop here and train on wild Pokemon before we encounter more trainers. Does anyone object?"

When the group left Juniper's lab and headed towards Route 1, Charlotte weaved ahead of the group, intending to act as leader. The unintended consequence that she realized about five seconds in was that now that she wasn't walking with the others, she was unable to talk to them and had to walk in silence. Very awkward.

She had also recalled Wilbur back into his pokeball, then released him again immediately after when she realized the other trainers would probably take this time to bond with their partner and chastised herself for not thinking about that. He was trotting besides her, happily chasing flower petals and sniffing the ground as they walked.

When they reached Route 1, Charlotte turned to the rest of the group. "I intend to stop here and train on wild Pokemon before we encounter more trainers. Does anyone object?"
TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue
Darius Kollins

Darius stayed near the back of the group on their way out of Nuvema Town, watching the other members of his group. Snivy reluctantly rode on his shoulder. Darius noted the girl with the Tepig especially. While the others seemed normal, she seemed to be stiff somehow. He didn't put too much thought into it, though, and turned attention back to the environment.

When they reached Route One, Snivy gave a small cry and jumped off of Darius's shoulder. She stood beside Darius and looked up at him almost expectantly. Darius smiled at these actions. "I have the perfect name for you: C.V." Snivy gave him a strange look before 'humph'ing and turning away.

Darius turned his attention back to the group just in time to hear Charlotte's question. He shrugged in response. "Hey, you do what you wanna do. Nobody's stopping you."
Darius Kollins

Darius stayed near the back of the group on their way out of Nuvema Town, watching the other members of his group. Snivy reluctantly rode on his shoulder. Darius noted the girl with the Tepig especially. While the others seemed normal, she seemed to be stiff somehow. He didn't put too much thought into it, though, and turned attention back to the environment.

When they reached Route One, Snivy gave a small cry and jumped off of Darius's shoulder. She stood beside Darius and looked up at him almost expectantly. Darius smiled at these actions. "I have the perfect name for you: C.V." Snivy gave him a strange look before 'humph'ing and turning away.

Darius turned his attention back to the group just in time to hear Charlotte's question. He shrugged in response. "Hey, you do what you wanna do. Nobody's stopping you."
I'll put something here one day.
Carmen Wilkins // Route One

Carmen bounced along the path at the back of the group, her Oshawott waddling furiously to keep up with her. She glanced down at him. "I think I'll call you Oscar. Cool?" Oscar looked up at her and gave a squeak of approval.

She looked up as Charolette spoke. "No objections here!" She picked up Oscar and placed him on her shoulder. "I think Oscar's down to pound, too!" The Oshawott gave a fiercely adorable 'OSHHAAA!' Carmen nodded. "Sounds like approval to me!" She saluted. "Lead the way, Cap'n!"

Carmen wasn't sure she how she felt about Charlotte. She just seemed so.. uptight. Like she was afraid of messing up. Carmen shook her head. This girl needed to learn how to go with the flow! A thought entered her head. Maybe I can be the one to do it. She watched as Oscar lopped off the top of a blade of grass with his shell, looking immensely proud. And maybe Oscar can help, too.
Carmen Wilkins // Route One

Carmen bounced along the path at the back of the group, her Oshawott waddling furiously to keep up with her. She glanced down at him. "I think I'll call you Oscar. Cool?" Oscar looked up at her and gave a squeak of approval.

She looked up as Charolette spoke. "No objections here!" She picked up Oscar and placed him on her shoulder. "I think Oscar's down to pound, too!" The Oshawott gave a fiercely adorable 'OSHHAAA!' Carmen nodded. "Sounds like approval to me!" She saluted. "Lead the way, Cap'n!"

Carmen wasn't sure she how she felt about Charlotte. She just seemed so.. uptight. Like she was afraid of messing up. Carmen shook her head. This girl needed to learn how to go with the flow! A thought entered her head. Maybe I can be the one to do it. She watched as Oscar lopped off the top of a blade of grass with his shell, looking immensely proud. And maybe Oscar can help, too.
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
[size=4]Kyrin Solarflare[/size] Location: Route 1, Unova [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e5/627MS.png[/img] ___________________________________________________________________________ The newly hatched Rufflet already seemed quite energetic, though Kyrin wasn't too surprised by that. She followed the group down the path to Route 1, the Rufflet flying ahead of her. Luckily, it stopped and turned back for her. The Rufflet landed on her arm, blinking at her with large expectant eyes. She patted its fluffy head, glad that it didn't attack her. Yet? "I'll name you Ruffle then," she decided. "I'm not that great with names, sorry buddy." Ruffle didn't seem to mind. Hearing the girl ahead ask a question - Charlotte, Kyrin remembered - and everyone else's response, she added, "No objections here either!" Ruffle chirped in response. "I think it'll be great to take this time and bond with our new companions as well!" Without warning, Rufflet descended from her arm in a flurry of feathers, surprising her. It landed next to Carmen's Oshawott, tilting its head and regarding its new friend with curiosity. Luckily, Ruffle didn't show any signs of aggression, and Kyrin let him be, interested to see how this interaction would play out. Taking the chance, Kyrin quickly scanned the Oshawott with her Pokedex, registering its data as the second Pokemon she's found.
Kyrin Solarflare
627MS.png

The newly hatched Rufflet already seemed quite energetic, though Kyrin wasn't too surprised by that. She followed the group down the path to Route 1, the Rufflet flying ahead of her. Luckily, it stopped and turned back for her.

The Rufflet landed on her arm, blinking at her with large expectant eyes. She patted its fluffy head, glad that it didn't attack her. Yet?

"I'll name you Ruffle then," she decided. "I'm not that great with names, sorry buddy."

Ruffle didn't seem to mind.

Hearing the girl ahead ask a question - Charlotte, Kyrin remembered - and everyone else's response, she added, "No objections here either!" Ruffle chirped in response. "I think it'll be great to take this time and bond with our new companions as well!"

Without warning, Rufflet descended from her arm in a flurry of feathers, surprising her. It landed next to Carmen's Oshawott, tilting its head and regarding its new friend with curiosity.

Luckily, Ruffle didn't show any signs of aggression, and Kyrin let him be, interested to see how this interaction would play out. Taking the chance, Kyrin quickly scanned the Oshawott with her Pokedex, registering its data as the second Pokemon she's found.
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
"Good," Charlotte was relieved that the other trainers didn't object- she was briefly afraid that she had somehow revealed a lack of experience in training Pokemon or something. She motioned to Wilbur and they wandered into the tall grass.

Surprisingly, Route 1 was full of wild Pokemon, albeit only a few species. Combative wild Pokemon were probably attracted to it considering how many humans passed through it every day. Charlotte could hear their calls, but couldn't see them through the grass. She started to grow nervous again- what if she never found a Pokemon for Wilbur to battle against? What if everyone else was already training their Pokemon and becoming stronger and surpassing her-

"Screw it," she grabbed Wilbur and raised him above her head, "Wilbur, spotting enemies is part of your training now. Do you see anything? Oink if yes."

She felt Wilbur shifting as he looked back and forth, and then sudden pain as he used her head as a launchpad and leaped at a spot a few feet next to them, revealing a Patrat. The two Pokemon started scuffling immediately, hitting and biting but not really doing real attacks.

"Good job!" Elated, Charlotte took out her Pokedex to look at Wilbur's moves, and then faced the fight.

"Hey Wilbur, listen to me! Stop hitting that thing with your tail, stand back, and use Ember!"

Wilbur slammed into the Patrat and they continued to wrestle, seemingly ignoring Charlotte's commands. This ticked her off.

"Come on Wilbur, you can end this thing faster if you just shoot fire at it!"

At this point, the Patrat was already pretty beat up. It wiggled free from Wilburs grasp and started to sprint away. Wilbur attempted to chase it through the route, but he was much slower than the rat pokemon. Charlotte started chasing them both too, pointing at the Patrat, "Wilbur, you can still reach it if you use Ember! Use Ember!"

Finally, Wilbur seemed to listen. Charlotte watched him shoot a wisp of flame, which hit the Patrat and knocked it down. Charlotte cheered.

"Yes! Finish it off with Tackle!"

Wilbur oinked triumphantly and leaped at the Patrat, knocking it to the side and finally knocking it out. Charlotte caught up with the fight and scooped up her partner Pokemon. "Yes! You did it! We finished our first battle!"

At this point, Charlotte completely stopped thinking about her fellow trainers. Who cared if they had already finished a few fights? (She actually didn't know, she had stopped watching them after entering the tall grass). She had gotten Wilbur to listen to her and they finished their first battle! That wasn't so bad wasn't it? It was just yelling out some moves. It was still exciting and she bet Wilbur already gained a level or two from it.

She took out her Pokedex and saw... the minuscule amount of experience it added. If they just relied on wild Pokemon fights, there was no way they would become champions. Thinking for a bit, Charlotte looked around and spotted the rest of the group. They had run far enough away that she couldn't make out what they were doing, but she did see the boy with the Snivy. Some gears started turning in her head. Snivy would be a pretty easy fight as a grass type, and Charlotte felt she heard from someone that fighting against trained Pokemon was more effective than fighting wild Pokemon. Additionally, it would be great validation if she could win a fight against another sponsored trainer and definitely would help establish her place among the group.

"Hey Wilbur, you up for another battle?" Wilbur looked up at her, eyes shining. It was nice she got such an enthusiastic partner Pokemon. She headed towards the boy, raised her hand to get his attention, and- wait, what was his name? Charlotte panicked. She never introduced herself! She could have sworn she heard Juniper say their names in the lab, but in all the excitement, that information did not stick in her mind. She stood three feet away from the boy, who at this point already noticed her approaching and was looking at her. Charlotte awkwardly made eye contact with him for a solid two seconds with her mouth open as she searched her mind for a potential name.

"You," she finally said.

Ok now ask for a battle.

"Fight me."

No! That's so weird! You need to explain your reasoning. You know, both of you will get more experience than if you fought a wild Pokemon, it's mutually beneficial and more efficient.

"Because it's logical."

Ah great, time to shut up.
"Good," Charlotte was relieved that the other trainers didn't object- she was briefly afraid that she had somehow revealed a lack of experience in training Pokemon or something. She motioned to Wilbur and they wandered into the tall grass.

Surprisingly, Route 1 was full of wild Pokemon, albeit only a few species. Combative wild Pokemon were probably attracted to it considering how many humans passed through it every day. Charlotte could hear their calls, but couldn't see them through the grass. She started to grow nervous again- what if she never found a Pokemon for Wilbur to battle against? What if everyone else was already training their Pokemon and becoming stronger and surpassing her-

"Screw it," she grabbed Wilbur and raised him above her head, "Wilbur, spotting enemies is part of your training now. Do you see anything? Oink if yes."

She felt Wilbur shifting as he looked back and forth, and then sudden pain as he used her head as a launchpad and leaped at a spot a few feet next to them, revealing a Patrat. The two Pokemon started scuffling immediately, hitting and biting but not really doing real attacks.

"Good job!" Elated, Charlotte took out her Pokedex to look at Wilbur's moves, and then faced the fight.

"Hey Wilbur, listen to me! Stop hitting that thing with your tail, stand back, and use Ember!"

Wilbur slammed into the Patrat and they continued to wrestle, seemingly ignoring Charlotte's commands. This ticked her off.

"Come on Wilbur, you can end this thing faster if you just shoot fire at it!"

At this point, the Patrat was already pretty beat up. It wiggled free from Wilburs grasp and started to sprint away. Wilbur attempted to chase it through the route, but he was much slower than the rat pokemon. Charlotte started chasing them both too, pointing at the Patrat, "Wilbur, you can still reach it if you use Ember! Use Ember!"

Finally, Wilbur seemed to listen. Charlotte watched him shoot a wisp of flame, which hit the Patrat and knocked it down. Charlotte cheered.

"Yes! Finish it off with Tackle!"

Wilbur oinked triumphantly and leaped at the Patrat, knocking it to the side and finally knocking it out. Charlotte caught up with the fight and scooped up her partner Pokemon. "Yes! You did it! We finished our first battle!"

At this point, Charlotte completely stopped thinking about her fellow trainers. Who cared if they had already finished a few fights? (She actually didn't know, she had stopped watching them after entering the tall grass). She had gotten Wilbur to listen to her and they finished their first battle! That wasn't so bad wasn't it? It was just yelling out some moves. It was still exciting and she bet Wilbur already gained a level or two from it.

She took out her Pokedex and saw... the minuscule amount of experience it added. If they just relied on wild Pokemon fights, there was no way they would become champions. Thinking for a bit, Charlotte looked around and spotted the rest of the group. They had run far enough away that she couldn't make out what they were doing, but she did see the boy with the Snivy. Some gears started turning in her head. Snivy would be a pretty easy fight as a grass type, and Charlotte felt she heard from someone that fighting against trained Pokemon was more effective than fighting wild Pokemon. Additionally, it would be great validation if she could win a fight against another sponsored trainer and definitely would help establish her place among the group.

"Hey Wilbur, you up for another battle?" Wilbur looked up at her, eyes shining. It was nice she got such an enthusiastic partner Pokemon. She headed towards the boy, raised her hand to get his attention, and- wait, what was his name? Charlotte panicked. She never introduced herself! She could have sworn she heard Juniper say their names in the lab, but in all the excitement, that information did not stick in her mind. She stood three feet away from the boy, who at this point already noticed her approaching and was looking at her. Charlotte awkwardly made eye contact with him for a solid two seconds with her mouth open as she searched her mind for a potential name.

"You," she finally said.

Ok now ask for a battle.

"Fight me."

No! That's so weird! You need to explain your reasoning. You know, both of you will get more experience than if you fought a wild Pokemon, it's mutually beneficial and more efficient.

"Because it's logical."

Ah great, time to shut up.
TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue

The girl with the Tepig- her name was what, Cynthia? Eh, it didn't matter much to Darius. He walked ahead, Snivy at his side, scanning the area for wild Pokemon to fight. He noticed a Lillipup in one corner, resting beside a tree. "Hey C.V., think you can sneak a Vine Whip on him?"

C.V., at her trainer's command, snuck through the small patch of tall grass towards the Lillipup. Unfortunately for her, she tripped, and she made a loud rustling. The Lillipup jolted up with a start and noticed the Grass Snake Pokemon.

After just a minute of battling, the Lillipup fainted. Snivy made it out with minimal health loss, thanks to Darius's quick eye and reactions.

This was when the Tepig girl approached him. Darius watched as she just stood there for two whole minutes. This was making him uncomfortable, and he was usually pretty carefree.

"You. Fight me."

Uh, okay. Pretty strange way of asking for a battle, but Darius shrugged it off. He opened his mouth to speak, but then...

"Because it's logical."

What is up with this girl? Darius thought. She's so... He couldn't find a good word to finish this thought. He shrugged. "Uh, sure, I guess?"

The girl with the Tepig- her name was what, Cynthia? Eh, it didn't matter much to Darius. He walked ahead, Snivy at his side, scanning the area for wild Pokemon to fight. He noticed a Lillipup in one corner, resting beside a tree. "Hey C.V., think you can sneak a Vine Whip on him?"

C.V., at her trainer's command, snuck through the small patch of tall grass towards the Lillipup. Unfortunately for her, she tripped, and she made a loud rustling. The Lillipup jolted up with a start and noticed the Grass Snake Pokemon.

After just a minute of battling, the Lillipup fainted. Snivy made it out with minimal health loss, thanks to Darius's quick eye and reactions.

This was when the Tepig girl approached him. Darius watched as she just stood there for two whole minutes. This was making him uncomfortable, and he was usually pretty carefree.

"You. Fight me."

Uh, okay. Pretty strange way of asking for a battle, but Darius shrugged it off. He opened his mouth to speak, but then...

"Because it's logical."

What is up with this girl? Darius thought. She's so... He couldn't find a good word to finish this thought. He shrugged. "Uh, sure, I guess?"

Nice. He agreed. All going to plan.

Both trainers found a spot close to the route but out of the way of traffic and set up roughly fifteen feet apart. In lieu of a referee, Charlotte set up a timer on her phone to count down to when they could start giving commands.

The moment her phone beeped, Charlotte shouted, "Wilbur, use Tail Whip!"

Emboldened by her previous fight, Charlotte was thinking of a plan. Ember would do a lot of damage against Snivy, but she wanted to take the boy's Pokemon out in one hit. Tail Whip would lower Snivy's defense and let the snake Pokemon get closer and then..bam! Fire!

Wilbur used Tail Whip and Charlotte grabbed her Pokedex to watch Snivy's Defense go...up? What? Was something wrong with this Pokedex? Charlotte looked up just in time to see her own Pokemon be hit with an attack.

Charlotte immediately saw her dreams of total team domination fly out the window.

Nice. He agreed. All going to plan.

Both trainers found a spot close to the route but out of the way of traffic and set up roughly fifteen feet apart. In lieu of a referee, Charlotte set up a timer on her phone to count down to when they could start giving commands.

The moment her phone beeped, Charlotte shouted, "Wilbur, use Tail Whip!"

Emboldened by her previous fight, Charlotte was thinking of a plan. Ember would do a lot of damage against Snivy, but she wanted to take the boy's Pokemon out in one hit. Tail Whip would lower Snivy's defense and let the snake Pokemon get closer and then..bam! Fire!

Wilbur used Tail Whip and Charlotte grabbed her Pokedex to watch Snivy's Defense go...up? What? Was something wrong with this Pokedex? Charlotte looked up just in time to see her own Pokemon be hit with an attack.

Charlotte immediately saw her dreams of total team domination fly out the window.
TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue
Darius Kollins

Darius had been worried there for a second. Tepig could go straight for Ember and knock C.V. out in two minutes flat. But when Charlotte called for Tail Whip, Darius just became confused. What was she thinking? He dully noted a slight red glow around Snivy as her defense grew.

A quick scan of Tepig through the Pokedex showed that at its current stage and age, it only knew Tail Whip, Tackle, and Ember. Ember was a special move, while Tail Whip lowered physical defense- or it would have if not for C.V.'s Contrary ability. Darius made a mental note to teach her moves that would lower her attributes.

Snivy quickly assessed the situation. Her own physical defense attribute was raised thanks to her Contrary ability, but that meant nothing. More than likely Tepig had Ember, which would wreck her in just two moves. She glanced at her trainer for guidance.

Darius looked up from his Pokedex and made eye contact with Snivy. He commanded her to Tackle. It was the best bet in this situation, because he couldn't risk another turn using Leer.
Darius Kollins

Darius had been worried there for a second. Tepig could go straight for Ember and knock C.V. out in two minutes flat. But when Charlotte called for Tail Whip, Darius just became confused. What was she thinking? He dully noted a slight red glow around Snivy as her defense grew.

A quick scan of Tepig through the Pokedex showed that at its current stage and age, it only knew Tail Whip, Tackle, and Ember. Ember was a special move, while Tail Whip lowered physical defense- or it would have if not for C.V.'s Contrary ability. Darius made a mental note to teach her moves that would lower her attributes.

Snivy quickly assessed the situation. Her own physical defense attribute was raised thanks to her Contrary ability, but that meant nothing. More than likely Tepig had Ember, which would wreck her in just two moves. She glanced at her trainer for guidance.

Darius looked up from his Pokedex and made eye contact with Snivy. He commanded her to Tackle. It was the best bet in this situation, because he couldn't risk another turn using Leer.

Wilbur bounced back and rolled on the ground as C.V. slammed into him with a Tackle. Charlotte held her breath, and then released it as Wilbur got up. Now that she saw C.V, she realized that Wilbur was definitely a little beat up from the fight with Patrat and fighting another Pokemon right after before healing was probably not the greatest move. This fight needed to end fast, before anyone could see Wilbur being beat up by a grass type.

The other trainer didn't seem to be panicking at all, which made Charlotte panic. Did he know something she didn't? He was fighting with a grass type, why was she the one sweating bullets?

"Wilbur, get up! There's no way you can lose this, use Ember!" She hoped that was true.

Wilbur bounced forward at C.V. and unleashed an Ember attack.

Wilbur bounced back and rolled on the ground as C.V. slammed into him with a Tackle. Charlotte held her breath, and then released it as Wilbur got up. Now that she saw C.V, she realized that Wilbur was definitely a little beat up from the fight with Patrat and fighting another Pokemon right after before healing was probably not the greatest move. This fight needed to end fast, before anyone could see Wilbur being beat up by a grass type.

The other trainer didn't seem to be panicking at all, which made Charlotte panic. Did he know something she didn't? He was fighting with a grass type, why was she the one sweating bullets?

"Wilbur, get up! There's no way you can lose this, use Ember!" She hoped that was true.

Wilbur bounced forward at C.V. and unleashed an Ember attack.
TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue
Darius Kollins

Darius kept his cool demeanor- panicking would only discourage C. V., which would put them in a worse situation. He'd seen plenty of battles back in Galar- he even managed to attend a gym battle or two with his parents! He knew that he could turn this around.

C.V. cried out as the sting of the fiery projectile hit her skin, but she kept her ground. She gave a warning growl at the Tepig while waiting for Darius's next order.

"Tackle again!" Darius commanded. He assessed the situation quickly. From the looks of it, C.V.'s health was about halfway down with only that one hit. From his estimates, Tepig would be even lower if Snivy made contact, but he couldn't be sure.
Darius Kollins

Darius kept his cool demeanor- panicking would only discourage C. V., which would put them in a worse situation. He'd seen plenty of battles back in Galar- he even managed to attend a gym battle or two with his parents! He knew that he could turn this around.

C.V. cried out as the sting of the fiery projectile hit her skin, but she kept her ground. She gave a warning growl at the Tepig while waiting for Darius's next order.

"Tackle again!" Darius commanded. He assessed the situation quickly. From the looks of it, C.V.'s health was about halfway down with only that one hit. From his estimates, Tepig would be even lower if Snivy made contact, but he couldn't be sure.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24