Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Pokemon B&W (IC)
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Striaton City Gym

The gym trainer paused in front of the open doors and turned to listen to Darius.

"Hm, come with me."

She entered the restaurant part of the gym and put a well practiced polite smile on her face for the few clients enjoying coffee or a small snack. She led Darius to the staff lounge room and headed to a trade terminal, next to a healing machine. While entering Charlotte's ID she turned to glance at a young man in a waiter's suit sitting nearby.

"Max, how are you doing with the candle?"

Her fellow gym trainer hit his head on the table and covered it with his arms. She laughed at him and gestured to Darius.

"Well, I got good news for you. This guy wants your Litwick. I'll leave you two to figure it out." She then turned back to the trade terminal and stopped paying them any mind.

Max straightened his posture and looked at Darius with surprise. "You want my Litwick? Are you sure, they are kinda notorious... Actually forget I said anything, come sit!" He gestured to the table. Once Darius was seated, Max took out a Premiere Ball and released the Pokemon inside. The Litwick giggled and swayed to a nonexistant wind as it stared at the trainers in the room.

"So, what do you have to offer?"
Striaton City Gym

The gym trainer paused in front of the open doors and turned to listen to Darius.

"Hm, come with me."

She entered the restaurant part of the gym and put a well practiced polite smile on her face for the few clients enjoying coffee or a small snack. She led Darius to the staff lounge room and headed to a trade terminal, next to a healing machine. While entering Charlotte's ID she turned to glance at a young man in a waiter's suit sitting nearby.

"Max, how are you doing with the candle?"

Her fellow gym trainer hit his head on the table and covered it with his arms. She laughed at him and gestured to Darius.

"Well, I got good news for you. This guy wants your Litwick. I'll leave you two to figure it out." She then turned back to the trade terminal and stopped paying them any mind.

Max straightened his posture and looked at Darius with surprise. "You want my Litwick? Are you sure, they are kinda notorious... Actually forget I said anything, come sit!" He gestured to the table. Once Darius was seated, Max took out a Premiere Ball and released the Pokemon inside. The Litwick giggled and swayed to a nonexistant wind as it stared at the trainers in the room.

"So, what do you have to offer?"
pNeMP39.pngMLACkpO.pngkKWypF0.pngnNnmo6E.png4zBL86C.png
[center][size=6][color=red]Striaton Gym[/color][/size][/center] *Trio Badge [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/7/74/Trio_Badge.png/50px-Trio_Badge.png[/img] *TM83 (Work Up) (Sells for $2 000) *Reward money: $2300 [u]NPCs[/u]: *[color=blue]Clyde[/color] [u]Trainers:[/u] [list][*]Waiter Maxwell: Lillipup $900 [*]Waiter Sebastian: Purrloin $800 [*]Waitress Tia: Purloin $900 [*]Waitress Lizzy: Pidove $800[/list] [u]Leaders[/u]: Cress, Cilan and Chili! [img]https://cdn.allwallpaper.in/wallpapers/1920x1080/9293/chili-cilan-pokemon-cress-video-games-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg[/img]
Striaton Gym

*Trio Badge 50px-Trio_Badge.png
*TM83 (Work Up) (Sells for $2 000)
*Reward money: $2300

NPCs:
*Clyde

Trainers:
  • Waiter Maxwell: Lillipup $900
  • Waiter Sebastian: Purrloin $800
  • Waitress Tia: Purloin $900
  • Waitress Lizzy: Pidove $800

Leaders: Cress, Cilan and Chili!

chili-cilan-pokemon-cress-video-games-1920x1080-wallpaper.jpg
Cilan // Striaton City Gym

Cilan walked out of the gym for a small break. His brothers were still arguing and he needed a breath of fresh air. There had been rumors going around of a dangerous pokemon at the Dreamyard and the only anwser they got to their report to the League was a wait and observe order. Then Ranger Lumo had dropped by early this morning to tell them everything had been taken care of.

None of them had been happy to have been completly left out, but at least they'd had the clearance to read the report.

And just as he thought of the four trainers that had stumbled upon that mess, he saw two of them waiting nearby, likely for the other two.

What a small world, or city. With a chuckle, he stepper closer to the two girls. "Hello, I am a Gym Leader of this town. You must be our new challengers. What was the first Pokemon you chose?" He glanced down at the Pokemon observing him next to their trainers "... I see. I think you need to prepare to face the type they are weak to. I'll be waiting for you inside."

He walked back in the gym with a smile. He looked forward to these challengers, and it will keep his brothers from arguing. Or, well, arguing from Chili, and judgemental staring from Cress.
Cilan // Striaton City Gym

Cilan walked out of the gym for a small break. His brothers were still arguing and he needed a breath of fresh air. There had been rumors going around of a dangerous pokemon at the Dreamyard and the only anwser they got to their report to the League was a wait and observe order. Then Ranger Lumo had dropped by early this morning to tell them everything had been taken care of.

None of them had been happy to have been completly left out, but at least they'd had the clearance to read the report.

And just as he thought of the four trainers that had stumbled upon that mess, he saw two of them waiting nearby, likely for the other two.

What a small world, or city. With a chuckle, he stepper closer to the two girls. "Hello, I am a Gym Leader of this town. You must be our new challengers. What was the first Pokemon you chose?" He glanced down at the Pokemon observing him next to their trainers "... I see. I think you need to prepare to face the type they are weak to. I'll be waiting for you inside."

He walked back in the gym with a smile. He looked forward to these challengers, and it will keep his brothers from arguing. Or, well, arguing from Chili, and judgemental staring from Cress.
[size=4]Kyrin Solarflare[/size] Location: Striaton City Tagged: Darius, Carmen, Charlotte [img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/e/e5/627MS.png[/img][img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/a/a5/531MS.png[/img][img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/8/80/532MS.png[/img] ___________________________________________________________________________ Finishing up in the Dreamyard, Kyrin healed her Pokemon at the Pokecenter and went to catch up with the others in front of the gym center. It seemed like everyone was ready to tackle their first gym. Even Ruffle seemed excited at this prospect, and flew jolly circles around the company's head.
Kyrin Solarflare
Tagged: Darius, Carmen, Charlotte
627MS.png531MS.png532MS.png

Finishing up in the Dreamyard, Kyrin healed her Pokemon at the Pokecenter and went to catch up with the others in front of the gym center. It seemed like everyone was ready to tackle their first gym. Even Ruffle seemed excited at this prospect, and flew jolly circles around the company's head.
xxxxx11291.png xxxxxxxxxxx star | she/her | fr +15
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxdisplay dragon
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkillers in the clan
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.xlxfriend rising discord
Darius Kollins
Darius watched the Litwick as it swayed to a nonexistent wind. It was... unsettling, but most Ghost-type Pokemon had something unsettling about them. It was part of what made them Ghost-types.

"Well, I have a Panpour that I have no interest in using. I haven't even given it a nickname," Darius said. Sure, he had the Munna up for trade, which would probably be a fairer trade, but he was testing the waters. How desperate was this guy?
Darius Kollins
Darius watched the Litwick as it swayed to a nonexistent wind. It was... unsettling, but most Ghost-type Pokemon had something unsettling about them. It was part of what made them Ghost-types.

"Well, I have a Panpour that I have no interest in using. I haven't even given it a nickname," Darius said. Sure, he had the Munna up for trade, which would probably be a fairer trade, but he was testing the waters. How desperate was this guy?
I'll put something here one day.
Gym Trainer Maxwell // Striaton City Gym

Max narrowed his eyes in thought.

"A Panpour... Not terribly rare, and they live in Pinwheel so not too far, but it's a Pokemon I can use in the Gym. Alright deal! Do you have it on you, in your PC, or in the Trade Terminal? You can use the PC here if you want and we can do a hand to hand trade, it'll be faster."

The trainer that had brought Darius here seemed to be done with her trade and sat next to Max humming a happy tune. The Litwick on the table swayed to the rythm. She stopped as a thought crossed her mind. "Oh, right! You're here to challenge the gym, correct? Drop by Clyde at the entrance, he always has something for new challengers." Something beeped on her and Max's belt. "Speaking of, Clyde just beeped us. Challengers are here! I'm Lizzy, by the way, I hope you'll give us a challenge." She smiled at Darius, stood up with a wave of her hand and stepped out of the staff room.
Gym Trainer Maxwell // Striaton City Gym

Max narrowed his eyes in thought.

"A Panpour... Not terribly rare, and they live in Pinwheel so not too far, but it's a Pokemon I can use in the Gym. Alright deal! Do you have it on you, in your PC, or in the Trade Terminal? You can use the PC here if you want and we can do a hand to hand trade, it'll be faster."

The trainer that had brought Darius here seemed to be done with her trade and sat next to Max humming a happy tune. The Litwick on the table swayed to the rythm. She stopped as a thought crossed her mind. "Oh, right! You're here to challenge the gym, correct? Drop by Clyde at the entrance, he always has something for new challengers." Something beeped on her and Max's belt. "Speaking of, Clyde just beeped us. Challengers are here! I'm Lizzy, by the way, I hope you'll give us a challenge." She smiled at Darius, stood up with a wave of her hand and stepped out of the staff room.
Charlotte Battenberg // In front of Striation City Gym

Charlotte initially was shocked at the trainer culture of open generosity, but was slowly starting to realize her initial read on it with Jonathan was probably correct. It was beneficial to be nice to new trainers, especially visibly progressing ones like ones trying out the gym challenge, because it was an investment in success. It was like how high-ranking highschools offered posh facilities or how companies would treat potential hires to expensive restaurants - when someone expects you to do well, they want to try to facilitate it, and potentially earn your loyalty.

"Now, I realize how rude this probably sounds, but I heard you say that the Litwick you gave to her had a sister," she heard Darius say.

God. How entitled can you get? Charlotte glared at him. Yeah she got a free Pokemon to but she wasn't so shameless to ask for one. Darius just reminded her more and more of the boys at her school, and that was never going to help his case with her.

A green-haired man walked out of the gym, probably to check on the commotion. Charlotte's heart stopped when she saw the color- for a second she thought it was that absolute creep N again. But it was just one of the Gym leaders.

"Hello, I am a Gym Leader of this town. You must be our new challengers. What was the first Pokemon you chose?" He looked at their Pokemon one-by-one. "... I see. I think you need to prepare to face the type they are weak to. I'll be waiting for you inside."

Great. Time to roll. Darius had followed the gym trainer into the gym already, but hey, if he wanted to waste time begging for a gift that was his problem. She was going to go in with the rest of the group and leave him behind.

"Alright you heard him, let's go in," Charlotte said in Kyrin and Carmen's direction. She only made eye contact with Kyrin though, who, only two days in, was already the only trainer in the group she didn't have an issue with.

What a great start to a Pokemon journey.

Charlotte Battenberg // Striation City Gym

Charlotte expected the start of the challenge to be more official looking- like a waiting room or a registration table. But the interior of the gym looked like a regular cafe- there were even some Striation citizens enjoying coffee. The only thing that broke the illusion were three panels on the ground- water, fire, and grass- and a curtain with a flame on it.

A single older man with a League uniform casually leaning against the cashier's counter waved her over.

"Welcome, challenger, to the Striaton City Gym. I am Clyde and I'm here to guide you through this part if your journey. You'll have to battle four of our gym trainers and clear the gym puzzle before even meeting with the gym leaders. Want a tip? Come talk to me whenever. And now that the formalities are out of the way, here's a little something."

{Charlotte received a Fresh Water!}

"Good luck!" he saluted her.

"Thank you," Charlotte nervously accepted the water bottle and pocketed it. She faced the weird panels and curtains and stared at them. What was this? What did they expect her to do?

The cashier smiled at her as she checked out a customer. "Go on, what do you think you the answer is?"

An answer implied a test. This was her language. Charlotte studied for this. The weakness to fire? This was easy. This couldn't be a trick question.

Charlotte stepped near the water panel, but stopped. Wasn't there actually a fire-type exclusive ability where Pokemon could absorb fire? If so, wouldn't those fire types actually be more strong against other fire types than even a water type?

Charlotte stood frozen between the two types, sweating. Which one? It would be so embarrassing to make a mistake on the first gym, and her groupmates would never respect her if she did. She was growing increasingly conscious of Clyde and the cashier's stares as she stood and didn't make a move. She also knew she was holding up Kyrin and Carmen, who probably also hated her now.

Wait, what if she took so long that Darius caught up with them?

Spite won over anxiety. Charlotte broke out of her spiraling thoughts and stepped on the water panel, and the red curtains opened up to reveal a staircase.
Battle 1: Waiter Sebastian

There was another panel and curtain combination, this time a green curtain with the grass symbol. Not about to get stuck in the same mistake, Charlotte was about to press the fire button when a harried waiter pushed past the green curtain and ran up to her.

"Wait! You have to battle me first!" He stopped to catch his breath and Charlotte swore she heard him mutter something about Max choosing a terrible time to disappear in the staff room. He straightened up, introduced himself as Sebastian, and invited her to battle.

Her first gym battle! Charlotte scampered to the other end of the restaurant, noticing that the fancy tiles on the ground actually outlined a battlefield.

Sebastian sent out a familiar Pokemon- a Purrloin. Wanting to start off strong, Charlotte motioned for Wilbur to enter battle.

The gym trainer was clearly very experienced, and he worked with his Purrloin with a level of sophistication and understanding of strategy that Charlotte had never faced yet. She remembered that many gym trainers were those who had completed the gym challenge and were studying under the gym leaders. Their goal then wasn't to fight to win, it was to analyze the challenger and manipulate the battle to push the young trainer to their limits without making it impossible for them to win.

This meant that Sebastian was looking to be impressed. He wanted to see that Charlotte understood the fundamentals of battle. Yes, this was just like any school project. Understand what the teacher wants, and work towards that.

The Purrloin was weaving around the battlefield, taking advantage of her relative speed to avoid Wilbur's physical blows. Charlotte had sent out Wilbur to showcase her knowledge of type advantages, but that clearly wasn't going to work if Wilbur couldn't land a hit.

"Switch to Ember!" Charlotte commanded. "Don't build up power- send out as many quick bursts of flame as possible to corner Purrloin and hopefully burn her."

Wilbur complied and stood his ground, shooting out short bouts of flame. Purrloin was fast, but she couldn't avoid a constant rain of Embers. Her health was ticked down piece by piece until Wilbur gained enough of an advantage to rush over and finish her off with a final Arm Thrust.

Sebastian looked satisfied as he recalled his Pokemon. As they shook hands, he suddenly yelled "Max! How long have you been here!"

"Since the beginning, actually. We got the ping when the group came in," Another waiter carrying a plate under his arm laughed. "You're here to overthrow me and take my place?"

"Very funny," Sebastian grumbled. "Anyway, let's not keep this trainer waiting. Both of you head up to the second floor, you can just have your next battle there."

Max shrugged and motioned for Charlotte to follow him to the next floor.
Battle 2: Waiter Maxwell

Charlotte and co got more in the groove of things in the next battle. Maxwell's strategy with his Lillipup seemed to be to use a series of stat-reducing moves and finish her off with a final blow. It was an easy strategy to spot, and Charlotte had Merlin Yawn and put Lillipup to sleep to put a stop to the plan. Before Charlotte was hesitant to use the move because it made Merlin weak to attacks fora significant period of time, but it worked this time because Charlotte knew Maxwell wouldn't take the opportunity to attack. This battle was meant to teach trainers about stat-lowering moves.

After Lillipup was asleep, she was easy to finish off with Incinerate. Feeling more confident, Charlotte hugged Merlin and brought them to the next battle.
Battle 3: Waitress Tia

The next trainer was a quiet waitress named Tia- or at least, Charlotte thought her name was Tia. She said it too softly for her to really be confident.

Her Purrloin had the opposite personality. Right out of the Pokeball, Purrloin viciously clawed Wilbur to the ground. Charlotte flashed back to Carmen's Liepard's powerful swipes that practically took out their Pokemon in one hit. This Purrloin looked higher-level than the ones she had faced previously. Was the challenge this time to see how trainers reacted to Pokemon they were clearly outclassed by? Or maybe how they handled unexpected crisis situations?

Wilbur slammed his arm into the Purrloin's nose, tossing her back. Without missing a beat, he charged at the opponent with full force and executed a perfectly timed Flame Charge.

That snapped Charlotte out of panic. "Wilbur, go for Arm Thrust again!"

Wilbur and the Purrloin exchanged a quick flurry of blows before Purrloin fell, exhausted from taking multiple fighting-type moves in a row. This was by far the quickest, but most intense battle of the ones so far. As Charlotte went up the stairs, Tia whispered, "Good job trusting your Pokemon. He's trained well."

Charlotte accepted the praise, but it was really more Wilbur's quick thinking rather than her preparation. She pet Wilbur. "You'll get a break before the gym battle. You deserve it."
Battle 4: Waitress Lizzy

The last gym trainer was the peppy girl Charlotte had met at the front of the gym. She introduced herself as Lizzy and without missing a beat, sent out a Pidove.

Charlotte waited with Merlin for her to attack, but the Pidove stayed still. Lizzy smiled.

"What are you waiting for? For me to reveal my strategy?"

Charlotte was silent. Because, yes, she was. That's how she won the other fights.

Lizzy shook her head. "In a real battle, you can't afford to be reactive. You need to learn how to read a battle on the fly and react dynamically to the situation."

She punctuated that statement bu a quick gesture to her Pidove, who took off and grabbed Merlin, pulling him up in the air.

"L-lick!" Charlotte stuttered. That was a paralyzing move- something that could be useful right now.

Merlin tried the move, but it didn't seem to even hurt the Pidove. That's right! Normal type! Charlotte mentally beat herself up over the rookie mistake. All the while, Pidove was flying circles around the field, still holding onto Merlin. He wasn't doing any damage, so Charlotte had no idea what Lizzy was going for.

Suddenly, Pidove dropped Merlin on the ground. He staggered around, clearly dizzy and disorientated.

"Great job, Pidove. Attack!" Lizzy commanded.

Charlotte suddenly understood Lizzy's strategy and panicked. Merlin swung his arms around, but couldn't aim well enough to hit Pidove who was pecking away at him.

But there was one attack that would never miss. Charlotte commanded Merlin to use Yawn. She could see Pidove becoming drowsier, but trying to get as many attacks in before eventually falling asleep. As Pidove went in for a final move, Merlin pulled out his Oran berry and bit into it, which seemed to revivify him a bit.

Lizzy knew she had lost then. Pidove passed out asleep and Merlin quickly polished off the berry and then finished Pidove off with a series of Incinerates.

"Good planning with that berry," Lizzy recalled Pidove and and led Charlotte to a side table.

"You can heal your Pokemon here and take a quick break before challenging the gym leader." She patted Charlotte on the shoulder. Charlotte could tell she was trying to sound encouraging because, despite the win, Charlotte looked terrified. "Hey you did a good job! You beat your first set of gym trainers, that's no easy feat. You'll do great at the gym battle, I promise."

Lizzy left Charlotte at the table while she readied the battlefield for the next person. Charlotte took this time to heal up Wilbur and Merlin and give Merlin another Oran Berry to hold.

Charlotte sat in the corner of the room with her face in her hands, hearing her heart pounding. She would get up when she calmed down.
Charlotte Battenberg // In front of Striation City Gym

Charlotte initially was shocked at the trainer culture of open generosity, but was slowly starting to realize her initial read on it with Jonathan was probably correct. It was beneficial to be nice to new trainers, especially visibly progressing ones like ones trying out the gym challenge, because it was an investment in success. It was like how high-ranking highschools offered posh facilities or how companies would treat potential hires to expensive restaurants - when someone expects you to do well, they want to try to facilitate it, and potentially earn your loyalty.

"Now, I realize how rude this probably sounds, but I heard you say that the Litwick you gave to her had a sister," she heard Darius say.

God. How entitled can you get? Charlotte glared at him. Yeah she got a free Pokemon to but she wasn't so shameless to ask for one. Darius just reminded her more and more of the boys at her school, and that was never going to help his case with her.

A green-haired man walked out of the gym, probably to check on the commotion. Charlotte's heart stopped when she saw the color- for a second she thought it was that absolute creep N again. But it was just one of the Gym leaders.

"Hello, I am a Gym Leader of this town. You must be our new challengers. What was the first Pokemon you chose?" He looked at their Pokemon one-by-one. "... I see. I think you need to prepare to face the type they are weak to. I'll be waiting for you inside."

Great. Time to roll. Darius had followed the gym trainer into the gym already, but hey, if he wanted to waste time begging for a gift that was his problem. She was going to go in with the rest of the group and leave him behind.

"Alright you heard him, let's go in," Charlotte said in Kyrin and Carmen's direction. She only made eye contact with Kyrin though, who, only two days in, was already the only trainer in the group she didn't have an issue with.

What a great start to a Pokemon journey.

Charlotte Battenberg // Striation City Gym

Charlotte expected the start of the challenge to be more official looking- like a waiting room or a registration table. But the interior of the gym looked like a regular cafe- there were even some Striation citizens enjoying coffee. The only thing that broke the illusion were three panels on the ground- water, fire, and grass- and a curtain with a flame on it.

A single older man with a League uniform casually leaning against the cashier's counter waved her over.

"Welcome, challenger, to the Striaton City Gym. I am Clyde and I'm here to guide you through this part if your journey. You'll have to battle four of our gym trainers and clear the gym puzzle before even meeting with the gym leaders. Want a tip? Come talk to me whenever. And now that the formalities are out of the way, here's a little something."

{Charlotte received a Fresh Water!}

"Good luck!" he saluted her.

"Thank you," Charlotte nervously accepted the water bottle and pocketed it. She faced the weird panels and curtains and stared at them. What was this? What did they expect her to do?

The cashier smiled at her as she checked out a customer. "Go on, what do you think you the answer is?"

An answer implied a test. This was her language. Charlotte studied for this. The weakness to fire? This was easy. This couldn't be a trick question.

Charlotte stepped near the water panel, but stopped. Wasn't there actually a fire-type exclusive ability where Pokemon could absorb fire? If so, wouldn't those fire types actually be more strong against other fire types than even a water type?

Charlotte stood frozen between the two types, sweating. Which one? It would be so embarrassing to make a mistake on the first gym, and her groupmates would never respect her if she did. She was growing increasingly conscious of Clyde and the cashier's stares as she stood and didn't make a move. She also knew she was holding up Kyrin and Carmen, who probably also hated her now.

Wait, what if she took so long that Darius caught up with them?

Spite won over anxiety. Charlotte broke out of her spiraling thoughts and stepped on the water panel, and the red curtains opened up to reveal a staircase.
Battle 1: Waiter Sebastian

There was another panel and curtain combination, this time a green curtain with the grass symbol. Not about to get stuck in the same mistake, Charlotte was about to press the fire button when a harried waiter pushed past the green curtain and ran up to her.

"Wait! You have to battle me first!" He stopped to catch his breath and Charlotte swore she heard him mutter something about Max choosing a terrible time to disappear in the staff room. He straightened up, introduced himself as Sebastian, and invited her to battle.

Her first gym battle! Charlotte scampered to the other end of the restaurant, noticing that the fancy tiles on the ground actually outlined a battlefield.

Sebastian sent out a familiar Pokemon- a Purrloin. Wanting to start off strong, Charlotte motioned for Wilbur to enter battle.

The gym trainer was clearly very experienced, and he worked with his Purrloin with a level of sophistication and understanding of strategy that Charlotte had never faced yet. She remembered that many gym trainers were those who had completed the gym challenge and were studying under the gym leaders. Their goal then wasn't to fight to win, it was to analyze the challenger and manipulate the battle to push the young trainer to their limits without making it impossible for them to win.

This meant that Sebastian was looking to be impressed. He wanted to see that Charlotte understood the fundamentals of battle. Yes, this was just like any school project. Understand what the teacher wants, and work towards that.

The Purrloin was weaving around the battlefield, taking advantage of her relative speed to avoid Wilbur's physical blows. Charlotte had sent out Wilbur to showcase her knowledge of type advantages, but that clearly wasn't going to work if Wilbur couldn't land a hit.

"Switch to Ember!" Charlotte commanded. "Don't build up power- send out as many quick bursts of flame as possible to corner Purrloin and hopefully burn her."

Wilbur complied and stood his ground, shooting out short bouts of flame. Purrloin was fast, but she couldn't avoid a constant rain of Embers. Her health was ticked down piece by piece until Wilbur gained enough of an advantage to rush over and finish her off with a final Arm Thrust.

Sebastian looked satisfied as he recalled his Pokemon. As they shook hands, he suddenly yelled "Max! How long have you been here!"

"Since the beginning, actually. We got the ping when the group came in," Another waiter carrying a plate under his arm laughed. "You're here to overthrow me and take my place?"

"Very funny," Sebastian grumbled. "Anyway, let's not keep this trainer waiting. Both of you head up to the second floor, you can just have your next battle there."

Max shrugged and motioned for Charlotte to follow him to the next floor.
Battle 2: Waiter Maxwell

Charlotte and co got more in the groove of things in the next battle. Maxwell's strategy with his Lillipup seemed to be to use a series of stat-reducing moves and finish her off with a final blow. It was an easy strategy to spot, and Charlotte had Merlin Yawn and put Lillipup to sleep to put a stop to the plan. Before Charlotte was hesitant to use the move because it made Merlin weak to attacks fora significant period of time, but it worked this time because Charlotte knew Maxwell wouldn't take the opportunity to attack. This battle was meant to teach trainers about stat-lowering moves.

After Lillipup was asleep, she was easy to finish off with Incinerate. Feeling more confident, Charlotte hugged Merlin and brought them to the next battle.
Battle 3: Waitress Tia

The next trainer was a quiet waitress named Tia- or at least, Charlotte thought her name was Tia. She said it too softly for her to really be confident.

Her Purrloin had the opposite personality. Right out of the Pokeball, Purrloin viciously clawed Wilbur to the ground. Charlotte flashed back to Carmen's Liepard's powerful swipes that practically took out their Pokemon in one hit. This Purrloin looked higher-level than the ones she had faced previously. Was the challenge this time to see how trainers reacted to Pokemon they were clearly outclassed by? Or maybe how they handled unexpected crisis situations?

Wilbur slammed his arm into the Purrloin's nose, tossing her back. Without missing a beat, he charged at the opponent with full force and executed a perfectly timed Flame Charge.

That snapped Charlotte out of panic. "Wilbur, go for Arm Thrust again!"

Wilbur and the Purrloin exchanged a quick flurry of blows before Purrloin fell, exhausted from taking multiple fighting-type moves in a row. This was by far the quickest, but most intense battle of the ones so far. As Charlotte went up the stairs, Tia whispered, "Good job trusting your Pokemon. He's trained well."

Charlotte accepted the praise, but it was really more Wilbur's quick thinking rather than her preparation. She pet Wilbur. "You'll get a break before the gym battle. You deserve it."
Battle 4: Waitress Lizzy

The last gym trainer was the peppy girl Charlotte had met at the front of the gym. She introduced herself as Lizzy and without missing a beat, sent out a Pidove.

Charlotte waited with Merlin for her to attack, but the Pidove stayed still. Lizzy smiled.

"What are you waiting for? For me to reveal my strategy?"

Charlotte was silent. Because, yes, she was. That's how she won the other fights.

Lizzy shook her head. "In a real battle, you can't afford to be reactive. You need to learn how to read a battle on the fly and react dynamically to the situation."

She punctuated that statement bu a quick gesture to her Pidove, who took off and grabbed Merlin, pulling him up in the air.

"L-lick!" Charlotte stuttered. That was a paralyzing move- something that could be useful right now.

Merlin tried the move, but it didn't seem to even hurt the Pidove. That's right! Normal type! Charlotte mentally beat herself up over the rookie mistake. All the while, Pidove was flying circles around the field, still holding onto Merlin. He wasn't doing any damage, so Charlotte had no idea what Lizzy was going for.

Suddenly, Pidove dropped Merlin on the ground. He staggered around, clearly dizzy and disorientated.

"Great job, Pidove. Attack!" Lizzy commanded.

Charlotte suddenly understood Lizzy's strategy and panicked. Merlin swung his arms around, but couldn't aim well enough to hit Pidove who was pecking away at him.

But there was one attack that would never miss. Charlotte commanded Merlin to use Yawn. She could see Pidove becoming drowsier, but trying to get as many attacks in before eventually falling asleep. As Pidove went in for a final move, Merlin pulled out his Oran berry and bit into it, which seemed to revivify him a bit.

Lizzy knew she had lost then. Pidove passed out asleep and Merlin quickly polished off the berry and then finished Pidove off with a series of Incinerates.

"Good planning with that berry," Lizzy recalled Pidove and and led Charlotte to a side table.

"You can heal your Pokemon here and take a quick break before challenging the gym leader." She patted Charlotte on the shoulder. Charlotte could tell she was trying to sound encouraging because, despite the win, Charlotte looked terrified. "Hey you did a good job! You beat your first set of gym trainers, that's no easy feat. You'll do great at the gym battle, I promise."

Lizzy left Charlotte at the table while she readied the battlefield for the next person. Charlotte took this time to heal up Wilbur and Merlin and give Merlin another Oran Berry to hold.

Charlotte sat in the corner of the room with her face in her hands, hearing her heart pounding. She would get up when she calmed down.
TnU9L8M.png > She/her
> Accents
> Art Exalt Rescue
Carmen // Striation City, Pkmn Gym
Interactions: None

Carmen was sitting on a bench in front of the Pokemon Center, watching the interactions happen. She didn't feel like talking to people yet, but people-watching is always a good pastime.

Charlotte had an... interesting interaction with a Trainer and it's unruly Litwick. So the Pansage had been traded away... huh. Carmen had mixed feelings about trading Pokemon. She had caught a Pokemon specifically FOR trade, but Charlotte hadn't. She... wasn't sure how much she approved of that. At least it wasn't a Pokemon she had a connection with.

Darius apparently also wanted a Litwick, and had been led inside the building upon asking. Litwick was pretty darn cool, Carmen had to admit. She had a love for Ghost Types- they were so fascinating and spooky.

Carmen turned her head as a green-haired man stepped out of the Gym, introducing himself and explaining the challenge. Well, not too much. What's the fun in knowing the challenge? Carmen watched as the man walked back inside, smiling to himself. Charlotte followed the man in, excited to get her challenge started. Might as well wait for her to get a little ways though first, she thought, staying on the bench and observing her surroundings.

A little while later...

Carmen could see Kyrin arriving soon, her Rufflet flying in happy circles around her head. Carmen gave Kyrin a quick wave and stood up from her spot outside the Gym, turned heel, and walked into the building. It was now or maybe later, and she needed this, so now it was.

Time to go finally prove that she could handle herself.
Carmen // Striation City, Pkmn Gym
Interactions: None

Carmen was sitting on a bench in front of the Pokemon Center, watching the interactions happen. She didn't feel like talking to people yet, but people-watching is always a good pastime.

Charlotte had an... interesting interaction with a Trainer and it's unruly Litwick. So the Pansage had been traded away... huh. Carmen had mixed feelings about trading Pokemon. She had caught a Pokemon specifically FOR trade, but Charlotte hadn't. She... wasn't sure how much she approved of that. At least it wasn't a Pokemon she had a connection with.

Darius apparently also wanted a Litwick, and had been led inside the building upon asking. Litwick was pretty darn cool, Carmen had to admit. She had a love for Ghost Types- they were so fascinating and spooky.

Carmen turned her head as a green-haired man stepped out of the Gym, introducing himself and explaining the challenge. Well, not too much. What's the fun in knowing the challenge? Carmen watched as the man walked back inside, smiling to himself. Charlotte followed the man in, excited to get her challenge started. Might as well wait for her to get a little ways though first, she thought, staying on the bench and observing her surroundings.

A little while later...

Carmen could see Kyrin arriving soon, her Rufflet flying in happy circles around her head. Carmen gave Kyrin a quick wave and stood up from her spot outside the Gym, turned heel, and walked into the building. It was now or maybe later, and she needed this, so now it was.

Time to go finally prove that she could handle herself.
J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
[b]Striaton City Gym[/b] It was not long before Lizzy returned from what appeared to be the final room of the gym. The waitress pulled a tasseled golden rope attached to the green curtain and released it again. All at once, the different coloured curtains fell back into place, the glowing panels turning themselves off to await the next challenger. There was a bit of shuffling as other gym trainers scrambled to heal their Pokemon in preparation. The waitress smiled and approached Charlotte. "The Gym Leaders are ready to meet you. Please, follow me." Lizzy curtsied and headed off where she came from, holding up part of the curtain for Charlotte to pass through. The final room was the most lavish part of the gym. In stark contrast to the wooden tiles of the previous rooms, this part was decorated with an expensive red carpet. Two grand, rounded tables stood to each side, the candle decorations in the middle flickering lazily, although the tables appeared to have been moved near the wall in anticipation for four challengers. A pair of bronze sconces flanked a raised platform, connected to a gilded runway by a short flight of steps. And there, standing on top of the platform in the candlelight, was the familiar looking man in green hair. Two other men stood behind him, half hidden in shadow. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/L4Hafx0.png[/img][/center] "Welcome to the Striaton City Pokemon Gym." The green haired man in a butler suit bowed formally, greeting the new challenger. "I'm Chili! I light things up with Fire-type Pokemon!" Another similarly dressed man walked out from behind Cilan, his red hair styled in a spiky fashion. The tone of his voice matched his seemingly fiery temperament. "I'm a Water-type specialist, and my name is Cress. Pleased to make your acquaintance." The next of Striaton City's Gym Leaders introduced himself, flanking to Cilan's left. The blue haired butler carried himself with extraordinary grace and elegance. Together, the three Gym Leaders stood in a triangle formation; Cilan at the forefront, Chili to the left, and Cress to the right. "And my name is Cilan. I like Grass-type Pokemon." Cilan finished the round of introductions. "Um, you see... as for why the three of us, um, are all here is, well, er..." "Oh, enough! Listen up!" Chili interjected, his voice full of heated enthusiasm. "The three of us will decide whom you'll battle! It'll be based on the type of the first Pokemon you chose!" [center]-[/center] "That is indeed the case." Cress, the water type specialist, spoke up. "And the partner you first chose was Fire-type, it seems." The blue haired butler switched places with Cilan, so that it was apparent that he was to be the leader to overcome for Charlotte's gym challenge. "You chose the fire type Tepig, so it shall be I and my esteemed Water types that you must face in battle!" "Yeah! I'll referee this one! Challenger, take the red side of the left field. I'm all fired up!" said Chili. As the first challenger, Charlotte would face Cress on the raised platform. Chili and Cilan stepped away to make room, Cilan positioning himself on the right side of the stairs in anticipation for the next set of challengers. [br] [quote]Drawing out a Pokeball from his belt, Cress turned and positioned himself on the far right of the platform, regarding Charlotte with a confident smile. Chili hurried to the middle, whistle in mouth, backing to the wall and drawing out a flag to signal for battle. "What incredible luck for you--you get to battle the best among the three of us." The flag flew down, the whistle was blown, and Cress lobbed his ball high into the air. [center][img]https://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/c/c6/VSCress.png[/img] [b]Charlotte is challenged by Leader Cress![/b] {Leader Cress released Lillipup into the battlefield!}[/quote][/center] [center][b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/rp/2887783]BATTLE THREAD[/url][/b][/center]
Striaton City Gym

It was not long before Lizzy returned from what appeared to be the final room of the gym. The waitress pulled a tasseled golden rope attached to the green curtain and released it again. All at once, the different coloured curtains fell back into place, the glowing panels turning themselves off to await the next challenger. There was a bit of shuffling as other gym trainers scrambled to heal their Pokemon in preparation.

The waitress smiled and approached Charlotte.

"The Gym Leaders are ready to meet you. Please, follow me." Lizzy curtsied and headed off where she came from, holding up part of the curtain for Charlotte to pass through.

The final room was the most lavish part of the gym. In stark contrast to the wooden tiles of the previous rooms, this part was decorated with an expensive red carpet. Two grand, rounded tables stood to each side, the candle decorations in the middle flickering lazily, although the tables appeared to have been moved near the wall in anticipation for four challengers. A pair of bronze sconces flanked a raised platform, connected to a gilded runway by a short flight of steps.

And there, standing on top of the platform in the candlelight, was the familiar looking man in green hair. Two other men stood behind him, half hidden in shadow.
L4Hafx0.png

"Welcome to the Striaton City Pokemon Gym." The green haired man in a butler suit bowed formally, greeting the new challenger.

"I'm Chili! I light things up with Fire-type Pokemon!" Another similarly dressed man walked out from behind Cilan, his red hair styled in a spiky fashion. The tone of his voice matched his seemingly fiery temperament.

"I'm a Water-type specialist, and my name is Cress. Pleased to make your acquaintance." The next of Striaton City's Gym Leaders introduced himself, flanking to Cilan's left. The blue haired butler carried himself with extraordinary grace and elegance.

Together, the three Gym Leaders stood in a triangle formation; Cilan at the forefront, Chili to the left, and Cress to the right.

"And my name is Cilan. I like Grass-type Pokemon." Cilan finished the round of introductions. "Um, you see... as for why the three of us, um, are all here is, well, er..."

"Oh, enough! Listen up!" Chili interjected, his voice full of heated enthusiasm. "The three of us will decide whom you'll battle! It'll be based on the type of the first Pokemon you chose!"
-
"That is indeed the case." Cress, the water type specialist, spoke up. "And the partner you first chose was Fire-type, it seems." The blue haired butler switched places with Cilan, so that it was apparent that he was to be the leader to overcome for Charlotte's gym challenge.

"You chose the fire type Tepig, so it shall be I and my esteemed Water types that you must face in battle!"

"Yeah! I'll referee this one! Challenger, take the red side of the left field. I'm all fired up!" said Chili.

As the first challenger, Charlotte would face Cress on the raised platform. Chili and Cilan stepped away to make room, Cilan positioning himself on the right side of the stairs in anticipation for the next set of challengers.

Quote:
Drawing out a Pokeball from his belt, Cress turned and positioned himself on the far right of the platform, regarding Charlotte with a confident smile. Chili hurried to the middle, whistle in mouth, backing to the wall and drawing out a flag to signal for battle.

"What incredible luck for you--you get to battle the best among the three of us." The flag flew down, the whistle was blown, and Cress lobbed his ball high into the air.
VSCress.png
Charlotte is challenged by Leader Cress!

{Leader Cress released Lillipup into the battlefield!}
Kunikuzushi
Carmen // Striation City Gym
Interactions: N/A

Carmen walked through the doors of the Gym, Oscar waddling along side her as she took in the area. It was, interestingly enough, decorated like a cafe. Three panels sat on the ground, each a different color. Behind the panels was a curtain with water symbol on it.

"Hello! My name is Clyde, I'm here to guide you through the beginning of the Gym Challenge." Carmen turned to see a person standing beside the entrance, a bottle of water in hand. "You must defeat four Gym trainers and complete the puzzles before you go up against the gym leader," the man continued. Carmen nodded. "Thanks for the heads up!" She replied before turning towards the curtains.
"Oh, one last thing!" Clyde called as he handed her the water bottle. "Just to help along the way."
Carmen received a Fresh Water!
"Thanks," she said as she turned back to the curtain. A water symbol..? She stared at the panels on the ground. One was blue, one was red, and one was green. The colors of the basic Pokemon types. Was this a typ matchup quiz? Carmen shrugged and stepped onto the panel that represents grass and watched at the curtain slid open. So it's what type is strong against the other. Nice. Carmen stepped through the curtain to the first trainer.

Waiter Maxwell
On the other side of the curtain was a man who was dressed as a waiter. He waved at Carmen "Hello! You must be the next trainer. My name is Maxwell, and I will be your first opponent. Are you ready?" Carmen grinned at Maxwell. "Hello! My name is Carmen, it's nice to meet ya!" She took a couple steps back, making room between the for a battle. "And I' as ready as I'll ever be!" Maxwell nodded. "Very well. Let the battle begin!"
Maxwell tossed out a Pokeball, releasing a Lilipup onto the field. Carmen bounced on her feet, warming up for the battle. "Oscar, use Razor Shell!" Oscar rushed forwards, grabbing two of the sea shells off of his sides and taking them down the Lillipup, who staggered back in surprise. "Lillipup, use Growl!" The Lillipup whipped around at Oscar and growled menacingly, Carmen watching as the blue aura signified the drop in his attack. Stupid stat moves. "Oscar, use Water Gun!" Oscar took a deep breath and launched a beam of water at the Lillipup, who stumbled and fell to the floor. Carmen grinned and gave a fist pump. "One battle down!" She grinned at Oscar. "Nice going!" Maxwell nodded and recalled his Lillipup. "You may now move on to the next Trainer. Good luck!"
Carmen glanced up and down at the next curtain, which had a leaf symbol on it. Carmen immediately stepped on the red plate signifying fire, and the curtain opened, moving on to the next Trainer.

Waiter Sebastian
Carmen entered the room to see another man, dressed similarly to Maxwell, waiting in front of yet another curtain. "My name is Sebastian." The man greeted. "I'll be you're next challenge!" Carmen nodded and once again made space between them for a battle.
This time it was a Purrloin, which caused a little bit of a problem as a series of Scratches and Fake Outs. However Carmen and Oscar pushed past and finally managed to take it out with a Tail Whip and a well placed Razor Shell.
"Well done!" Sebastian complimented. "You can now move on to the next challenge."
Carmen nodded to Sebastian. "Thanks!" And entered the next room.

Waitress Tia
The next room had a woman also dressed as a waitress. I'm seeing a pattern here.
"Hello! I am Tia," the woman said. "It's nice to meet you! However, I am your opponent, so we must, of course, have a battle."
Carmen pulled out a Pokeball. She HAD been using Oscar, but it was about time that Flare the Pansear got some battle time.
"Come on out, Flare!"
"Purloin, I choose you!"
The battle went on for a little longer than Carmen had wanted, but through a trade of Fury Swipes and Scratches, the Purloin went down and Flare stood victorious.
"Nice battle!" Carmen cheered. She was feeling a lot better now, the quarrel with Charlotte put in the back of her mind in favor of the rush of a Pokemon battle.
Tia grinned. "Nice battle indeed. Good luck on your next one!"
And Carmen continues on.

Waitress Lizzy
The final Trainer battle before the Gym Leader. OK, OK. I've got this.
"Hello," the woman held out her hand for a handshake. "My name is Lizzy! And I'm your final challenge before the Gym leader." Carmen smiled. "Hello! I'm Carmen." She accepted the handshake. "Are you ready?"
Lizzy nodded. "Are you?"
Carmen gave a crooked smile. "I guess you'll see!"
And the battle began.
"Pidove, I chose you!"
"Flare, let's go!"
This... was a tough battle. Pidove, begin a flying opponent, forced her to think on her feet. Incinerate came in a lot of use, slamming the bird with fireball after fireball. The Pidove evaded a lot of her attacks and landed quite a few of it's own, but eventually the Pidove gave one last wingveat and fell to the floor.
"Nice going, Flare!" Carmen complimented her Pansear, holding out her hand for a high five, which Flare happily returned.
"Pidove, return!"
Lizzy gave Carmen and impressed look. "Nice going! That was quite the battle. But this isnt the hardest one yet. Good luck!" And she left the room.
Carmen returned Flare to the Pokeball, and took a deep breath. "This is it," she murmered, before taking the last step into the final room.

Carmen // Striation City Gym
Interactions: N/A

Carmen walked through the doors of the Gym, Oscar waddling along side her as she took in the area. It was, interestingly enough, decorated like a cafe. Three panels sat on the ground, each a different color. Behind the panels was a curtain with water symbol on it.

"Hello! My name is Clyde, I'm here to guide you through the beginning of the Gym Challenge." Carmen turned to see a person standing beside the entrance, a bottle of water in hand. "You must defeat four Gym trainers and complete the puzzles before you go up against the gym leader," the man continued. Carmen nodded. "Thanks for the heads up!" She replied before turning towards the curtains.
"Oh, one last thing!" Clyde called as he handed her the water bottle. "Just to help along the way."
Carmen received a Fresh Water!
"Thanks," she said as she turned back to the curtain. A water symbol..? She stared at the panels on the ground. One was blue, one was red, and one was green. The colors of the basic Pokemon types. Was this a typ matchup quiz? Carmen shrugged and stepped onto the panel that represents grass and watched at the curtain slid open. So it's what type is strong against the other. Nice. Carmen stepped through the curtain to the first trainer.

Waiter Maxwell
On the other side of the curtain was a man who was dressed as a waiter. He waved at Carmen "Hello! You must be the next trainer. My name is Maxwell, and I will be your first opponent. Are you ready?" Carmen grinned at Maxwell. "Hello! My name is Carmen, it's nice to meet ya!" She took a couple steps back, making room between the for a battle. "And I' as ready as I'll ever be!" Maxwell nodded. "Very well. Let the battle begin!"
Maxwell tossed out a Pokeball, releasing a Lilipup onto the field. Carmen bounced on her feet, warming up for the battle. "Oscar, use Razor Shell!" Oscar rushed forwards, grabbing two of the sea shells off of his sides and taking them down the Lillipup, who staggered back in surprise. "Lillipup, use Growl!" The Lillipup whipped around at Oscar and growled menacingly, Carmen watching as the blue aura signified the drop in his attack. Stupid stat moves. "Oscar, use Water Gun!" Oscar took a deep breath and launched a beam of water at the Lillipup, who stumbled and fell to the floor. Carmen grinned and gave a fist pump. "One battle down!" She grinned at Oscar. "Nice going!" Maxwell nodded and recalled his Lillipup. "You may now move on to the next Trainer. Good luck!"
Carmen glanced up and down at the next curtain, which had a leaf symbol on it. Carmen immediately stepped on the red plate signifying fire, and the curtain opened, moving on to the next Trainer.

Waiter Sebastian
Carmen entered the room to see another man, dressed similarly to Maxwell, waiting in front of yet another curtain. "My name is Sebastian." The man greeted. "I'll be you're next challenge!" Carmen nodded and once again made space between them for a battle.
This time it was a Purrloin, which caused a little bit of a problem as a series of Scratches and Fake Outs. However Carmen and Oscar pushed past and finally managed to take it out with a Tail Whip and a well placed Razor Shell.
"Well done!" Sebastian complimented. "You can now move on to the next challenge."
Carmen nodded to Sebastian. "Thanks!" And entered the next room.

Waitress Tia
The next room had a woman also dressed as a waitress. I'm seeing a pattern here.
"Hello! I am Tia," the woman said. "It's nice to meet you! However, I am your opponent, so we must, of course, have a battle."
Carmen pulled out a Pokeball. She HAD been using Oscar, but it was about time that Flare the Pansear got some battle time.
"Come on out, Flare!"
"Purloin, I choose you!"
The battle went on for a little longer than Carmen had wanted, but through a trade of Fury Swipes and Scratches, the Purloin went down and Flare stood victorious.
"Nice battle!" Carmen cheered. She was feeling a lot better now, the quarrel with Charlotte put in the back of her mind in favor of the rush of a Pokemon battle.
Tia grinned. "Nice battle indeed. Good luck on your next one!"
And Carmen continues on.

Waitress Lizzy
The final Trainer battle before the Gym Leader. OK, OK. I've got this.
"Hello," the woman held out her hand for a handshake. "My name is Lizzy! And I'm your final challenge before the Gym leader." Carmen smiled. "Hello! I'm Carmen." She accepted the handshake. "Are you ready?"
Lizzy nodded. "Are you?"
Carmen gave a crooked smile. "I guess you'll see!"
And the battle began.
"Pidove, I chose you!"
"Flare, let's go!"
This... was a tough battle. Pidove, begin a flying opponent, forced her to think on her feet. Incinerate came in a lot of use, slamming the bird with fireball after fireball. The Pidove evaded a lot of her attacks and landed quite a few of it's own, but eventually the Pidove gave one last wingveat and fell to the floor.
"Nice going, Flare!" Carmen complimented her Pansear, holding out her hand for a high five, which Flare happily returned.
"Pidove, return!"
Lizzy gave Carmen and impressed look. "Nice going! That was quite the battle. But this isnt the hardest one yet. Good luck!" And she left the room.
Carmen returned Flare to the Pokeball, and took a deep breath. "This is it," she murmered, before taking the last step into the final room.

J7D1quC.pngXmHV7tO.pngCAJaTcp.png

Returning from haitus - signature in progress!

WKtl2lb.png
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24