Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Kingdoms at War (1x1)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 117 118
Sounds good!
I apologize that it's taking so long... busy day today :(
Sounds good!
I apologize that it's taking so long... busy day today :(
no it's ok, I get it ^^
no it's ok, I get it ^^
bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png Barracuda
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
OL: 04:00~19:00
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
@shadowchaser

After all day it is done! What do you think?
@shadowchaser

After all day it is done! What do you think?
I quite like them! The dragons look big and fierce ^^ and I enjoy the humans
I think it'd be appropriate if you started, since you seem to have some lore and setting knowledge already :)
I quite like them! The dragons look big and fierce ^^ and I enjoy the humans
I think it'd be appropriate if you started, since you seem to have some lore and setting knowledge already :)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
Atharia, a land once fractured in a state of perpetual civil war with their own rival groups. However, they finally reached a stable power structure. Their neighbor was a power they did not know very well, Atharia was a very mineral rich nation with crops, materials and a relatively strong military that was ready to fight against anyone who threatened their land.

The land had begun to prepare for war recently, they expecting an attack from their rivals. Something was going on recently and everyone was anticipating the destruction of peace and the return of war.

Julia was walking through the capital, she was wearing her red dress todsy, and although she was walking through the capital of Atharia. Ravenfort, one of, if not the largest cities in Atharia and was the center of most trade thanks to the seaport that allowed in overseas trade with other nations. The day was clear, blue skies and not a single cloud. It was one of the better days in the usually turbulent weather.

Robert though sat in his village of Eaglewood. He was messing with his sword trying to clean it after practicing. The militia had been merged with the actual Atharian military and was becoming more standardized as a result of training. He didn't think the rumors were true, but no one knew. The nobles were worried, most were anyway. But the commoners were thinking nothing was wrong.

War dragons were said to be returning as well. Although used in legend. And said to belong to nobility, dragons were far more superior and effective in war. Though they also seem to maintain some kind of culture too. Least that was what Robert heard.
Atharia, a land once fractured in a state of perpetual civil war with their own rival groups. However, they finally reached a stable power structure. Their neighbor was a power they did not know very well, Atharia was a very mineral rich nation with crops, materials and a relatively strong military that was ready to fight against anyone who threatened their land.

The land had begun to prepare for war recently, they expecting an attack from their rivals. Something was going on recently and everyone was anticipating the destruction of peace and the return of war.

Julia was walking through the capital, she was wearing her red dress todsy, and although she was walking through the capital of Atharia. Ravenfort, one of, if not the largest cities in Atharia and was the center of most trade thanks to the seaport that allowed in overseas trade with other nations. The day was clear, blue skies and not a single cloud. It was one of the better days in the usually turbulent weather.

Robert though sat in his village of Eaglewood. He was messing with his sword trying to clean it after practicing. The militia had been merged with the actual Atharian military and was becoming more standardized as a result of training. He didn't think the rumors were true, but no one knew. The nobles were worried, most were anyway. But the commoners were thinking nothing was wrong.

War dragons were said to be returning as well. Although used in legend. And said to belong to nobility, dragons were far more superior and effective in war. Though they also seem to maintain some kind of culture too. Least that was what Robert heard.
(so what would be the best way to introduce my character?)
(so what would be the best way to introduce my character?)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
(I didnt know if they were foriegners or friends. Maybe arriving at either the village or ravenfort for trade? Scouting mission for the war?)
(I didnt know if they were foriegners or friends. Maybe arriving at either the village or ravenfort for trade? Scouting mission for the war?)
The clouds over Wyrmwood were scattered and thin as the dragon and her rider sped onwards. Their shadow danced across the earth, eliciting hushed conversations and made many look up at the duo. There had been an increase in scouting missions recently as tensions mounted, but the locals were none the wiser.

Up in the air, Ren squinted through his goggles at the landscape below. He didn't have to tell his dragon where to go, for they had flown over the borderlands into foreign territory many, many times in the past weeks. Even as they flew towards Ravenfort with blistering speed, he was scribbling down numbers and figures from their mission, indicating locations of fortresses and war machines, and noting down the latest movements of the enemy. From time to time, he looked aside from the onion skin and focused on the bandages tied around Aeira's shoulder.

Her labored breathing was the first indication of her waning strength, and Ren knew she would not make Ravenfort at her present speed. He gently patted her left flank and gave a slight tug on her reins, banking over for Eaglewood instead. Compared to the treacherous mountains that stood in their way, the village sounded like a far better place for rest. He hoped the army wouldn't mind their unannounced presence.

"Just hang in there, I'm sure they won't mind a little delay," he spoke, slightly muffled by the covering over his nose and mouth. He leaned close to her ear to save his words being whipped away from the wind and to lower her profile to flight.

The road leading to the village served as their guide. As the Siverfang was gliding down into lower air, Ren guided her towards what looked to be an acceptable clearing in the vicinity of the village. The dragon set down roughly, skittering forward a few steps and throwing up dirt, a low unhappy growl escaping as she jarred her wounded shoulder.

Ren slipped off from her back as she laid down to rest, the dragon eyeing the trickling creek nearby with thirst. "Let's hope we don't cause too much of a stir here..." he muttered as he filled up a few waterskins for his dragon. While she drank, he unraveled the bandages and took out some linens to clean the injury. He muttered unhappily under his breath, cursing the ballista and bolt that had managed to strike Aeira. The initial application had been rough as it had been applied in flight, and only now did he have a chance to clean the wound.

Aeira hissed softly as fragments of scales were picked out from the red, angry flesh, huffing as the damp linens padded away the rest of the blood. Ren began to pack the wound, the bandages being retied in a slightly less awkward manner. He sighed and sat down near the head of the curled dragon, gently stroking right behind her ears and horns.

(This good?)
The clouds over Wyrmwood were scattered and thin as the dragon and her rider sped onwards. Their shadow danced across the earth, eliciting hushed conversations and made many look up at the duo. There had been an increase in scouting missions recently as tensions mounted, but the locals were none the wiser.

Up in the air, Ren squinted through his goggles at the landscape below. He didn't have to tell his dragon where to go, for they had flown over the borderlands into foreign territory many, many times in the past weeks. Even as they flew towards Ravenfort with blistering speed, he was scribbling down numbers and figures from their mission, indicating locations of fortresses and war machines, and noting down the latest movements of the enemy. From time to time, he looked aside from the onion skin and focused on the bandages tied around Aeira's shoulder.

Her labored breathing was the first indication of her waning strength, and Ren knew she would not make Ravenfort at her present speed. He gently patted her left flank and gave a slight tug on her reins, banking over for Eaglewood instead. Compared to the treacherous mountains that stood in their way, the village sounded like a far better place for rest. He hoped the army wouldn't mind their unannounced presence.

"Just hang in there, I'm sure they won't mind a little delay," he spoke, slightly muffled by the covering over his nose and mouth. He leaned close to her ear to save his words being whipped away from the wind and to lower her profile to flight.

The road leading to the village served as their guide. As the Siverfang was gliding down into lower air, Ren guided her towards what looked to be an acceptable clearing in the vicinity of the village. The dragon set down roughly, skittering forward a few steps and throwing up dirt, a low unhappy growl escaping as she jarred her wounded shoulder.

Ren slipped off from her back as she laid down to rest, the dragon eyeing the trickling creek nearby with thirst. "Let's hope we don't cause too much of a stir here..." he muttered as he filled up a few waterskins for his dragon. While she drank, he unraveled the bandages and took out some linens to clean the injury. He muttered unhappily under his breath, cursing the ballista and bolt that had managed to strike Aeira. The initial application had been rough as it had been applied in flight, and only now did he have a chance to clean the wound.

Aeira hissed softly as fragments of scales were picked out from the red, angry flesh, huffing as the damp linens padded away the rest of the blood. Ren began to pack the wound, the bandages being retied in a slightly less awkward manner. He sighed and sat down near the head of the curled dragon, gently stroking right behind her ears and horns.

(This good?)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
(Very good!)

The grounds near the border appeared undefended, or at least the mountain pass was, everywhere beyond that had a large military presence, archers, infantry, ballistae and catapults. It c could be seen as an invasion force, but they were seemingly missing one key factor, there were no dragons around the area. A key weakness of the Atharian military...

The village of Eaglewood though was a rather small yet industrial. They had plenty of farms, an inn, a lumber mill, granary and other things seen in rural areas. But seemingly no military to speak of.

That all changed when a group of soldiers began to approach Ren and Aeira on horseback. They were seemingly normal soldiers though, led by a knight who confronted them. "You trespass on Atharian soil foriegner. Move along. Or face the consequences." He seeming ready to fight.

Robert though stood by with the other foot soldiers. Was picking a fight with a foreign dragon rider a good idea? They could easily best them without much issue, raze the village and fly away before anyone knew. The knights always wanted a fight to prove their house and superiority. But right now he wasn't making the best judgment...
(Very good!)

The grounds near the border appeared undefended, or at least the mountain pass was, everywhere beyond that had a large military presence, archers, infantry, ballistae and catapults. It c could be seen as an invasion force, but they were seemingly missing one key factor, there were no dragons around the area. A key weakness of the Atharian military...

The village of Eaglewood though was a rather small yet industrial. They had plenty of farms, an inn, a lumber mill, granary and other things seen in rural areas. But seemingly no military to speak of.

That all changed when a group of soldiers began to approach Ren and Aeira on horseback. They were seemingly normal soldiers though, led by a knight who confronted them. "You trespass on Atharian soil foriegner. Move along. Or face the consequences." He seeming ready to fight.

Robert though stood by with the other foot soldiers. Was picking a fight with a foreign dragon rider a good idea? They could easily best them without much issue, raze the village and fly away before anyone knew. The knights always wanted a fight to prove their house and superiority. But right now he wasn't making the best judgment...
(I'm a little confused, whose side are the dragon riders on anyway?)
(I'm a little confused, whose side are the dragon riders on anyway?)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish