Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Kingdoms at War (1x1)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 117 118
"Good. And look. I know you mean well for her. But at the same time, i have the commander going crazy for the papers you get done." He sighed. "Be grateful I'm your commanding officer and not Ironhand." He said.

"If war breaks out?" He asked. "Yes. All dragons will be except for the largest." He said. "Now then. You're dismissed. And I'll overlook your... delay this once. But i can't keep doing this." He said. It was a warning...

(Each dragon is different. Being scouts Aeira can be quick but weak. War dragons are essentially living tanks that fly. And then there's a few more breeds we can design)
"Good. And look. I know you mean well for her. But at the same time, i have the commander going crazy for the papers you get done." He sighed. "Be grateful I'm your commanding officer and not Ironhand." He said.

"If war breaks out?" He asked. "Yes. All dragons will be except for the largest." He said. "Now then. You're dismissed. And I'll overlook your... delay this once. But i can't keep doing this." He said. It was a warning...

(Each dragon is different. Being scouts Aeira can be quick but weak. War dragons are essentially living tanks that fly. And then there's a few more breeds we can design)
(Yeah I thought in war she'd be primarily used as a relay or courier, or maybe as a wingman for another dragon - I'm kinda going all temeraire-ish on this but I don't have to be ^^)

"Thank you, sir," he said, a little flustered. He was thankful that, indeed, Lord Ironhand was not his commander. "I'll make efforts to not let it happen again," his eyes lowered. Seeing that he was dismissed, and not much more was asked of him, he excused himself and bowed out the door.

Aeira perked up her crest when she saw Ren come out, her tail beginning to swish from side to side and a smile or sorts forming on her muzzle. Ren walked briskly towards her, her high spirits lifting his own, and by the time he got to her, he had a big smile on his face as well.

"Oh! I see they've dressed up your shoulder, how diligent," he commented, looking over the bandages. He sat down by the crook of her foreleg, "how are you feeling? Is it bothering you?" When she replied well to both his questions he chuckled. "We'll have to train some more... the higher ups aren't exactly pleased with our performance. A couple laps won't hurt anyone, right?" He recoiled slightly as the Silverfang blew air at his face.

Maybe you should stop dillydallying every time we fly," she retorted playfully, I bet he was complaining about us being late, right? I wonder whose fault that is...

Hearing this, Ren sighed and shook his head. "Fine, fair enough. Get some rest, that wound can't heal fast enough."
(Yeah I thought in war she'd be primarily used as a relay or courier, or maybe as a wingman for another dragon - I'm kinda going all temeraire-ish on this but I don't have to be ^^)

"Thank you, sir," he said, a little flustered. He was thankful that, indeed, Lord Ironhand was not his commander. "I'll make efforts to not let it happen again," his eyes lowered. Seeing that he was dismissed, and not much more was asked of him, he excused himself and bowed out the door.

Aeira perked up her crest when she saw Ren come out, her tail beginning to swish from side to side and a smile or sorts forming on her muzzle. Ren walked briskly towards her, her high spirits lifting his own, and by the time he got to her, he had a big smile on his face as well.

"Oh! I see they've dressed up your shoulder, how diligent," he commented, looking over the bandages. He sat down by the crook of her foreleg, "how are you feeling? Is it bothering you?" When she replied well to both his questions he chuckled. "We'll have to train some more... the higher ups aren't exactly pleased with our performance. A couple laps won't hurt anyone, right?" He recoiled slightly as the Silverfang blew air at his face.

Maybe you should stop dillydallying every time we fly," she retorted playfully, I bet he was complaining about us being late, right? I wonder whose fault that is...

Hearing this, Ren sighed and shook his head. "Fine, fair enough. Get some rest, that wound can't heal fast enough."
bigger__bbb_button____flight_rising_by_myth_o_logical-daes7nv.png Barracuda
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
OL: 04:00~19:00
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
(I've been meaning to read those books)

When the next day came. The barracks had an unexpected visitor... Lady Julia Barrett. She was there looking at the soldiers and for a mysterious reason none knew about by the looks of things.

The entire area was careful and tried to impress her. But were Aeira and Ren awake by then? It wasn't everyday a noblewoman walked in.

She seemed to be inspecting soldiers and seemed to be out of place. She wasn't royalty by any means. But many were trying to impress her as she went by. Many failing as well. She was rather mysterious despite her beauty. But at the same time. Why question nobility?
(I've been meaning to read those books)

When the next day came. The barracks had an unexpected visitor... Lady Julia Barrett. She was there looking at the soldiers and for a mysterious reason none knew about by the looks of things.

The entire area was careful and tried to impress her. But were Aeira and Ren awake by then? It wasn't everyday a noblewoman walked in.

She seemed to be inspecting soldiers and seemed to be out of place. She wasn't royalty by any means. But many were trying to impress her as she went by. Many failing as well. She was rather mysterious despite her beauty. But at the same time. Why question nobility?
Ren marked the sundial as his dragon whirled overhead. Aeira had been eager to train this morning, and after getting fed early, she'd been flying, pushing her cruising speed nonstop after a quick warm up. He had laden her harness with weights indicative of a fairly typical loadout for their scouting missions. Down on the ground, he was still pointing out small details about her flight while also keeping her motivated and energetic.

After nearly 4 hours, Aeira finally had enough. Once she completed the lap, she tucked her wings in and dropped like a rock, flaring and landing and still heaving from her exertion. Ren was jotting down her times, comparing her speed to that of a few weeks ago. "Well, we'll have to keep working at that. You are getting faster for sure, though!" He ruffled her mane lovingly with a smile. "Let's get you cleaned up, hmm?"

As they returned to her corner of the clearing, Ren took note of the commotion. Aeira, however, sauntered right into her spot and stretched before laying down on the sun-warmed stone. Ren didn't bother trying to figure out what was going on just yet - the other soldiers never clued him in anyway - and he busied himself with washing Aeira.

The buckets of water were placed down roughly, then Ren began to remove the weights from the harness, the finally removed it altogether. The Silverfang purred contently as the weight of her harness disappeared and let her rider scrub her clean. Ren couldn't help but smile as he took the rags to her scales, making them shine as he wet them. He was preoccupied with his work, so much so that he didn't realize the nobility approaching.

(it's a fun read! highly recommend if you love alternate history ^^)
Ren marked the sundial as his dragon whirled overhead. Aeira had been eager to train this morning, and after getting fed early, she'd been flying, pushing her cruising speed nonstop after a quick warm up. He had laden her harness with weights indicative of a fairly typical loadout for their scouting missions. Down on the ground, he was still pointing out small details about her flight while also keeping her motivated and energetic.

After nearly 4 hours, Aeira finally had enough. Once she completed the lap, she tucked her wings in and dropped like a rock, flaring and landing and still heaving from her exertion. Ren was jotting down her times, comparing her speed to that of a few weeks ago. "Well, we'll have to keep working at that. You are getting faster for sure, though!" He ruffled her mane lovingly with a smile. "Let's get you cleaned up, hmm?"

As they returned to her corner of the clearing, Ren took note of the commotion. Aeira, however, sauntered right into her spot and stretched before laying down on the sun-warmed stone. Ren didn't bother trying to figure out what was going on just yet - the other soldiers never clued him in anyway - and he busied himself with washing Aeira.

The buckets of water were placed down roughly, then Ren began to remove the weights from the harness, the finally removed it altogether. The Silverfang purred contently as the weight of her harness disappeared and let her rider scrub her clean. Ren couldn't help but smile as he took the rags to her scales, making them shine as he wet them. He was preoccupied with his work, so much so that he didn't realize the nobility approaching.

(it's a fun read! highly recommend if you love alternate history ^^)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
(I have first 2 books)

Julia looked at him. "A dragon rider eh?" She asked. "What are you doing around here sir? I'm shocked you aren't at the citadel with the others." She standing behind him and having appeared as though a ghost! How was she so quiet?

The others watched her. Many thinking she would be easy to flirt with. But she ignored them all. "This is your dragon, no?" She asked. She looked at Aeira. Her expression was kind. But her eyes were surprisingly see.

"Are you attending the festival?" She asked randomly. "Where every citizen celebrates our kingdom and it's prosperity?" She seemed to be testing him somehow.
(I have first 2 books)

Julia looked at him. "A dragon rider eh?" She asked. "What are you doing around here sir? I'm shocked you aren't at the citadel with the others." She standing behind him and having appeared as though a ghost! How was she so quiet?

The others watched her. Many thinking she would be easy to flirt with. But she ignored them all. "This is your dragon, no?" She asked. She looked at Aeira. Her expression was kind. But her eyes were surprisingly see.

"Are you attending the festival?" She asked randomly. "Where every citizen celebrates our kingdom and it's prosperity?" She seemed to be testing him somehow.
Ren jumped, nearly kicking over the bucket by his feet when he was addressed. Nobody had ever called him 'sir' before, what was this, a dream? He spun around and bowed, "at your service, ma'am," he said, not recognizing her presently. "I am not well furnished with the latest happenings, unfortunately, but such is life."

Aeira looked up, her eyes had been closed as she caught her breath, but they opened, revealing the striking green eyes that were hidden. She studied Julia, not quite sure how to take her. At least she seemed nice enough on the surface. The Silverfang rewarded the noblewoman with a friendly warble and tilted her head, her crest raised in question.

"This is Aeira, we are dragon and rider," he explained, then smiled wanly. "Why, would I not attend? I hope I would have an excellent excuse to shirk such a responsibility," he said, sarcasm in full force, "I don't believe we've been introduced, my lady?"

(I kinda 'binged' the series a few summers ago and now own the entire collection :P)
Ren jumped, nearly kicking over the bucket by his feet when he was addressed. Nobody had ever called him 'sir' before, what was this, a dream? He spun around and bowed, "at your service, ma'am," he said, not recognizing her presently. "I am not well furnished with the latest happenings, unfortunately, but such is life."

Aeira looked up, her eyes had been closed as she caught her breath, but they opened, revealing the striking green eyes that were hidden. She studied Julia, not quite sure how to take her. At least she seemed nice enough on the surface. The Silverfang rewarded the noblewoman with a friendly warble and tilted her head, her crest raised in question.

"This is Aeira, we are dragon and rider," he explained, then smiled wanly. "Why, would I not attend? I hope I would have an excellent excuse to shirk such a responsibility," he said, sarcasm in full force, "I don't believe we've been introduced, my lady?"

(I kinda 'binged' the series a few summers ago and now own the entire collection :P)
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
(Lol)

She crossed her arms. "Oh yes. Because everyone here is so busy." She said with equal sarcasm. "Not everything is drills and practice you know." She said matter of factly. She was not in the mood for his shenanigans right now. It was almost like she didn't want to be there...

"As for introduction. I am Julia Barrett." She said greeting him. "You have an impress dragon." She stated honestly. For nobility, she was perhaps the most genuine in her manners than most. And it showed with how she went from sarcasm to genuine hospitality. "My apologies for startling you." She said before nodding to them and turning to leave.
(Lol)

She crossed her arms. "Oh yes. Because everyone here is so busy." She said with equal sarcasm. "Not everything is drills and practice you know." She said matter of factly. She was not in the mood for his shenanigans right now. It was almost like she didn't want to be there...

"As for introduction. I am Julia Barrett." She said greeting him. "You have an impress dragon." She stated honestly. For nobility, she was perhaps the most genuine in her manners than most. And it showed with how she went from sarcasm to genuine hospitality. "My apologies for startling you." She said before nodding to them and turning to leave.
Ren quirked a brow, he didn't expect a response like that at all. "Given the current situation, drills and practice appear to be more important." He could tell there was an undertone in her voice, one that was displeased. That was also surprising, why was she here then, if she didn't want to?

"Renell Gale," he bowed, while Aeira crooned softly at the praise, dipping her head as well. As Julia turned away, she looked at Ren and giggled, happy that she had gotten praise. Ren patted her neck, "how vain..." he said with a smile.

He knew Julia had a point, though, he ought to attend the festival at the citadel, but he knew he would simply feel out of place given that he was the only commoner. He much preferred Aeira's company instead.
Ren quirked a brow, he didn't expect a response like that at all. "Given the current situation, drills and practice appear to be more important." He could tell there was an undertone in her voice, one that was displeased. That was also surprising, why was she here then, if she didn't want to?

"Renell Gale," he bowed, while Aeira crooned softly at the praise, dipping her head as well. As Julia turned away, she looked at Ren and giggled, happy that she had gotten praise. Ren patted her neck, "how vain..." he said with a smile.

He knew Julia had a point, though, he ought to attend the festival at the citadel, but he knew he would simply feel out of place given that he was the only commoner. He much preferred Aeira's company instead.
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish
Apparel
Bank
---}
Come Outfit
Your Dragons!
SGaURj1.jpg
"I see. Thought I would ask. Carry on." She said. She then vanished as soon as she appeared. She definitely was more mysterious than most nobles. Her entire behavior was something no noble ever portrayed. At all.

The rest of the palace soldiers seemed to return to normal after she left. With some speculating she was looking for a husband. Though that was far from the truth. Others thought it meant the king himself would arrive...
"I see. Thought I would ask. Carry on." She said. She then vanished as soon as she appeared. She definitely was more mysterious than most nobles. Her entire behavior was something no noble ever portrayed. At all.

The rest of the palace soldiers seemed to return to normal after she left. With some speculating she was looking for a husband. Though that was far from the truth. Others thought it meant the king himself would arrive...
(What was your intention for Julia? And did you have a plan for Ren/Aeira? I thought it would make sense for them to do a night mission or something)

With Julia gone, Aeira laid her head back down and rumbled contently as Red continued to wash her. Her white scales gleamed, clean and free of grime and dirt. She loved being clean, which was certainly reminiscent of a noble dragon. Ren was certainly happy to treat her, and Aeira didn't complain much, either. He'd take her over any other dragon.

He noticed that much of the bustle had left with Julia's presence, and the place seemed to be returning to normal. Ren thought that they would have been sent on another scouting mission early on account of the updates he brought back - the amount of buildup was staggering, with each successive flight the amount of supplies, men, and weaponry seemed to double.
(What was your intention for Julia? And did you have a plan for Ren/Aeira? I thought it would make sense for them to do a night mission or something)

With Julia gone, Aeira laid her head back down and rumbled contently as Red continued to wash her. Her white scales gleamed, clean and free of grime and dirt. She loved being clean, which was certainly reminiscent of a noble dragon. Ren was certainly happy to treat her, and Aeira didn't complain much, either. He'd take her over any other dragon.

He noticed that much of the bustle had left with Julia's presence, and the place seemed to be returning to normal. Ren thought that they would have been sent on another scouting mission early on account of the updates he brought back - the amount of buildup was staggering, with each successive flight the amount of supplies, men, and weaponry seemed to double.
Battle
Bank
{---
Coliseum
Help!
FR+3|He/Him
WAOKY1a.png
Clicky Clicky?
No Eggs ^w^
Angelfish