Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | {[WELCOME TO YARLFORD]}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
Onyx nodded. “Just came in this morning, looking for work. Mercenary, smith, anything that let’s me play with fire.” She glanced over to Shieldan(she doesn’t know he’s alive, she thinks he’s just an object). “Is that yours? Probably shouldn’t be leaving enchanted stuff lying around, it’ll get stolen.” She gestured to Shieldan.
Onyx nodded. “Just came in this morning, looking for work. Mercenary, smith, anything that let’s me play with fire.” She glanced over to Shieldan(she doesn’t know he’s alive, she thinks he’s just an object). “Is that yours? Probably shouldn’t be leaving enchanted stuff lying around, it’ll get stolen.” She gestured to Shieldan.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
@Ragnaroc
The young woman makes her way down the line, her head looking down, trying not to attract much attention. She’s human and wearing a faded red dress with a now gray apron. Her face is round as if sweet and kind but now it’s dirtied with sorrow. Until a voice she never heard rung out. She looked up to meet her gaze with Yugen, immediately taking a step back. She looked scared at first but once hearing about her son the sorrow returned. “H-He’s my son.... and I’m Niav.” With a deep sign she continues “We weren't aloud to enter Yarlford... but I managed to get the guards let him through. H-he’s young and should be somewhere safe....” with the thoughts of never seeing her son her eyes start to swell up once more but now holding it back as much as possible. “His name is Arthur...I do not seek help. Nobody can change what has been done...” she wraps her arms around herself and looks away from Yugen.

@Phoeniz / @Eldarowability
Rhovull looks away for a moment before stating “you got some neat skill there but sadly I’m not looking for much work around here. Maybe you can head down to one of the blacksmiths.”. With the statement of Shieldan he stands up to get a better view, clearly not having the best eye sight. “Eh...I’m not sure if I saw that before but you can take a look. I don’t really deal with armor or enchanted stuff, it’s just not my thing.” He gestures towards Shieldan clearly not seeing him come into the building earlier.
@Ragnaroc
The young woman makes her way down the line, her head looking down, trying not to attract much attention. She’s human and wearing a faded red dress with a now gray apron. Her face is round as if sweet and kind but now it’s dirtied with sorrow. Until a voice she never heard rung out. She looked up to meet her gaze with Yugen, immediately taking a step back. She looked scared at first but once hearing about her son the sorrow returned. “H-He’s my son.... and I’m Niav.” With a deep sign she continues “We weren't aloud to enter Yarlford... but I managed to get the guards let him through. H-he’s young and should be somewhere safe....” with the thoughts of never seeing her son her eyes start to swell up once more but now holding it back as much as possible. “His name is Arthur...I do not seek help. Nobody can change what has been done...” she wraps her arms around herself and looks away from Yugen.

@Phoeniz / @Eldarowability
Rhovull looks away for a moment before stating “you got some neat skill there but sadly I’m not looking for much work around here. Maybe you can head down to one of the blacksmiths.”. With the statement of Shieldan he stands up to get a better view, clearly not having the best eye sight. “Eh...I’m not sure if I saw that before but you can take a look. I don’t really deal with armor or enchanted stuff, it’s just not my thing.” He gestures towards Shieldan clearly not seeing him come into the building earlier.
luw7Fez.gif
@AutopsyJuice (AHH CG characters)

Yugen studies the woman as she cowards away from him, lifts a brow as her story is told. "Well certainly nothing will change with That attitude." He smirk and begins to look around the poor district. Waiting till the guard's are distracted with a new entry, he makes his move. The boy is given a point to the wall and a mouthed 'wait there.' So he will Hopefully get some cover.

"C'mon, I can help you out." He makes a motion towards the one of the abandon shanties. "Understand you are now my wife. That is our story, you got me? Niav?" They are far enough away that no one whom might hear them will care. As the woman is half sheparded not quite dragged into an alley.

The teifling's eyes glow. "Here get thesee on over you." He takes out his second set of clothing from his bag, ones that match the texture of his current set but nicer. "I am going to Help you, we are gonna get you and your kid a better life" There is a no nonsense tone to his voice and the pace he moves at gives her little space to argue.

He takes off one of the many metal, gold colored, loops to his shawl, peraps the width of a penny and makes a gestures for her hand. "I am going to call you Nami, and we are going to walk threw those gates 'hire' your son to help us. After that we let you and him go and if you want we can make things Offical and you can keep a copy of my documents." Giving her a wink Yugen immidately beings to recite something but all one can hear is the soft sound of baoding balls.

He touches the woman's 'new' clothing. And much like Cinderella lot of her appearance changes. "Mind you this is a Still imagine, I can't change everything about you and if you move outside of it, it will brake." Her clothing now matches his in style and the Texture of his clothing which while not fitting her appropriately will add to the simulation. "So I need you to keep your eyes closed and your head down. I've tethered the illusion to your clothing so the clothing will move with Your clothing. BUT it is not the strongest you feel me?"
"Let me do the taking part, your face is changed a bit, the bones and such, mostly you are now of African decent. Your lips still move and your eyes still blink because they are yours."

Yugen ducks his head out of the Alley to find his panther, they'd been in about the middle of the line so it had gotten Close but not dangerously so.
"You ready?" Yugen looks rather Excited with this bout of mischeif. "Tuck these coins into your bra for bribery." He hands her the handsome some of three gold coin.
@AutopsyJuice (AHH CG characters)

Yugen studies the woman as she cowards away from him, lifts a brow as her story is told. "Well certainly nothing will change with That attitude." He smirk and begins to look around the poor district. Waiting till the guard's are distracted with a new entry, he makes his move. The boy is given a point to the wall and a mouthed 'wait there.' So he will Hopefully get some cover.

"C'mon, I can help you out." He makes a motion towards the one of the abandon shanties. "Understand you are now my wife. That is our story, you got me? Niav?" They are far enough away that no one whom might hear them will care. As the woman is half sheparded not quite dragged into an alley.

The teifling's eyes glow. "Here get thesee on over you." He takes out his second set of clothing from his bag, ones that match the texture of his current set but nicer. "I am going to Help you, we are gonna get you and your kid a better life" There is a no nonsense tone to his voice and the pace he moves at gives her little space to argue.

He takes off one of the many metal, gold colored, loops to his shawl, peraps the width of a penny and makes a gestures for her hand. "I am going to call you Nami, and we are going to walk threw those gates 'hire' your son to help us. After that we let you and him go and if you want we can make things Offical and you can keep a copy of my documents." Giving her a wink Yugen immidately beings to recite something but all one can hear is the soft sound of baoding balls.

He touches the woman's 'new' clothing. And much like Cinderella lot of her appearance changes. "Mind you this is a Still imagine, I can't change everything about you and if you move outside of it, it will brake." Her clothing now matches his in style and the Texture of his clothing which while not fitting her appropriately will add to the simulation. "So I need you to keep your eyes closed and your head down. I've tethered the illusion to your clothing so the clothing will move with Your clothing. BUT it is not the strongest you feel me?"
"Let me do the taking part, your face is changed a bit, the bones and such, mostly you are now of African decent. Your lips still move and your eyes still blink because they are yours."

Yugen ducks his head out of the Alley to find his panther, they'd been in about the middle of the line so it had gotten Close but not dangerously so.
"You ready?" Yugen looks rather Excited with this bout of mischeif. "Tuck these coins into your bra for bribery." He hands her the handsome some of three gold coin.
03a8c3247c983edaaa689a78aa219a58.pnguQA55c0.pngpotato.pngbeanie.pngleaf.png
Aspen shuffled backward out of the back room, trying to carry the large wooden box stuffed with full bottles of different kinds of alcohol. She hadn't been working at the Crimson Lady for very long and even though it could be quite physically demanding, she enjoyed the work. There were a few patrons that got rowdy and disrespectful after a few drinks, but that was true for any bar. Honestly, it was true for most jobs, minus the alcohol, usually.

Aspen gestured for the bartender to help her put the alcohol away. She knew that after they put the alcohol put away, the empty bottles would replace the full bottles in the box and she would take them out back to pitch them. That was one thing that she appreciated about this job, the predictability. She knew pretty much what she would be doing all day.

Suddenly, Aspen felt a shiver up her side and out of the corner of her eyes, she saw her tattoo had moved up to her shoulder. It was wriggling around like it was anxious or restless. It would slither up to her ear like it wanted to tell her something before going back down to circle her shoulder. She had no idea what that meant or if it meant anything at all so she decided to ignore it for now and continue her work.
Aspen shuffled backward out of the back room, trying to carry the large wooden box stuffed with full bottles of different kinds of alcohol. She hadn't been working at the Crimson Lady for very long and even though it could be quite physically demanding, she enjoyed the work. There were a few patrons that got rowdy and disrespectful after a few drinks, but that was true for any bar. Honestly, it was true for most jobs, minus the alcohol, usually.

Aspen gestured for the bartender to help her put the alcohol away. She knew that after they put the alcohol put away, the empty bottles would replace the full bottles in the box and she would take them out back to pitch them. That was one thing that she appreciated about this job, the predictability. She knew pretty much what she would be doing all day.

Suddenly, Aspen felt a shiver up her side and out of the corner of her eyes, she saw her tattoo had moved up to her shoulder. It was wriggling around like it was anxious or restless. It would slither up to her ear like it wanted to tell her something before going back down to circle her shoulder. She had no idea what that meant or if it meant anything at all so she decided to ignore it for now and continue her work.
(Sorry if these seemed rush, they kinda were as I’ve been busy alllll day :/)
@Ragnaroc
As Yugen pointed in the direction of where the boy stood he seemed to have noticed and gave a understanding nod. He straightened his back and faced away trying to seem more natural. Upon being brought into the alleyway and being told that he was going to fix this a true and pure smile washed over her face. Color that had seemed to once been faded are slowly returning with this smile, he rosy cheeks and nose, even her hair. She listened carefully and did everything that she was told. She didn’t know much about magic or what he had in plan but she would do anything to be reunited with her son. Before leaving the dim and dusty alleyway she stoped for a moment and thought. Then out of nowhere she gave him a fast and strong hug. “...Thank you. You have no idea what this means to me or my son....no stranger would ever do this. Your risking yourself to help me and I have no words. Just thank you...I will never forget this. And If I may ask are you sure you want to do this” She let go and took a step back, even through the disguise you could tell that she was happier and wanting to do this.

@luna13
As Aspen gestured towards Rhovull he looked down at Onyx and spoke softly “ah please if you could give me one moment.” . He got up and started to make his way towards Aspen. A moment of silence passed as the only sound was the tinking of the bottles of wine and unique alcohols as they were put away. Until Rhovull spoke out “ Ey have you seen some of that armor over there?” He pointed to one of the tables where it sat. “That one customer pointed out that it was enchanted or something. It just looks creepy to me. You wanna go take a look at it? I can finish up here if you would like.” He chuckled and swayed his tail.
(Sorry if these seemed rush, they kinda were as I’ve been busy alllll day :/)
@Ragnaroc
As Yugen pointed in the direction of where the boy stood he seemed to have noticed and gave a understanding nod. He straightened his back and faced away trying to seem more natural. Upon being brought into the alleyway and being told that he was going to fix this a true and pure smile washed over her face. Color that had seemed to once been faded are slowly returning with this smile, he rosy cheeks and nose, even her hair. She listened carefully and did everything that she was told. She didn’t know much about magic or what he had in plan but she would do anything to be reunited with her son. Before leaving the dim and dusty alleyway she stoped for a moment and thought. Then out of nowhere she gave him a fast and strong hug. “...Thank you. You have no idea what this means to me or my son....no stranger would ever do this. Your risking yourself to help me and I have no words. Just thank you...I will never forget this. And If I may ask are you sure you want to do this” She let go and took a step back, even through the disguise you could tell that she was happier and wanting to do this.

@luna13
As Aspen gestured towards Rhovull he looked down at Onyx and spoke softly “ah please if you could give me one moment.” . He got up and started to make his way towards Aspen. A moment of silence passed as the only sound was the tinking of the bottles of wine and unique alcohols as they were put away. Until Rhovull spoke out “ Ey have you seen some of that armor over there?” He pointed to one of the tables where it sat. “That one customer pointed out that it was enchanted or something. It just looks creepy to me. You wanna go take a look at it? I can finish up here if you would like.” He chuckled and swayed his tail.
luw7Fez.gif
Onyx stood up slowly and stretched. “I bet that boy’s gonna steal it. Gonna keep an eye on it, just in case.” She walked over to Sheildan, and sat next to him, and continued drinking.

(Sorry if mine seem kinda brief, I prefer short sentences to longer stuff with DnD. I’m going to bed now, have a nice night y’all)
Onyx stood up slowly and stretched. “I bet that boy’s gonna steal it. Gonna keep an eye on it, just in case.” She walked over to Sheildan, and sat next to him, and continued drinking.

(Sorry if mine seem kinda brief, I prefer short sentences to longer stuff with DnD. I’m going to bed now, have a nice night y’all)
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
Aspen looked over to where Rhovull had pointed. She had not noticed the strange armor until now. It seemed to be glowing and it gave her a weird feeling when she looked at it. However, she was very curious about it and wanted to find out whatever she could.

"Yeah, I can go take a look at it Rhovull." She gave him and small smile and left him to the task of restocking the shelves. As Aspen walked towards the table where the armor seemed to sit, a female fire genasi walked over and sat next to it. Maybe the armor was hers? Aspen decided that she would still go over and see what she could find out.

"Ah, excuse me, is this your armor?" Aspen asked the firey woman.
Aspen looked over to where Rhovull had pointed. She had not noticed the strange armor until now. It seemed to be glowing and it gave her a weird feeling when she looked at it. However, she was very curious about it and wanted to find out whatever she could.

"Yeah, I can go take a look at it Rhovull." She gave him and small smile and left him to the task of restocking the shelves. As Aspen walked towards the table where the armor seemed to sit, a female fire genasi walked over and sat next to it. Maybe the armor was hers? Aspen decided that she would still go over and see what she could find out.

"Ah, excuse me, is this your armor?" Aspen asked the firey woman.
The armor comprising Shieldan seemed to sit up, his chainmail shirt filling with the blue mist surrounding the rest of his armor as he woke up, hearing Aspen speak about armor.

The chainmail hood turns to ‘face’ the nearby fire genasi, the light blue fog swirling in the hood. “Hello!” Radiates a voice from the shield on top of the chainmail, being relatively upbeat for having just woken up. “And you are?” He would say, looking towards Aspen.
The armor comprising Shieldan seemed to sit up, his chainmail shirt filling with the blue mist surrounding the rest of his armor as he woke up, hearing Aspen speak about armor.

The chainmail hood turns to ‘face’ the nearby fire genasi, the light blue fog swirling in the hood. “Hello!” Radiates a voice from the shield on top of the chainmail, being relatively upbeat for having just woken up. “And you are?” He would say, looking towards Aspen.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
"What the-" Onyx tensed up, and a couple sparks shot into the air. "Sorry, you startled me. Never seen anything quite like you before! My name's Onyx, what's yours?"
"What the-" Onyx tensed up, and a couple sparks shot into the air. "Sorry, you startled me. Never seen anything quite like you before! My name's Onyx, what's yours?"
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
Well the day certainly had not gone quite as he had expected. Just when you think you can trust every cloaked stranger in random back alleys to hire a mercenary for a legitimate job, it turns out to be a set up. Go out into the forest near a city called Yarlford, the cloak man had said, I'll pay you a lot for helping kill some werewolves, he'd said. Well, there were no werewolves and no payment either. Just some weaklings trying to get the jump on him. They were now bloody smears in the middle of the forest. There wasn't even any good loot! The day was positively terrible on all accounts. The ale from his mug helped but the only things that could make the day not a complete waste might be some pleasant company or some good food. So that left him in need of a city and, just as it so happened, the meeting place had been near one called Yarlford. So that's where he was headed.

By the time he got to the city it was well into the night, yet that didn't seem to effect the number of travelers trying to get through the city gates. Trying being the operative word as many were being turned away. Not that something like that would discourage him in the least. Walking right up the the guards, the half-orc puffed out his chest and proudly answered their question. "Vak the Graveless and I'm here for some warm food and an inn." Which, surprisingly, seemed to be enough for the guards to let him in.

Luckily, it wouldn't take long for him to find a tavern. Mainly because the tavern was right inside the city gates: the Crimson Lady. "HA HA, any lady with food and ale is a friend of mine!" The half-orc laughed as he made his way through the doors, having to do an awkward duck and turn in order to fit. Vak sat down at the bar, the chair beneath him making some ominous creaking sounds but remaining in one piece.

(Sorry if it is a bit short lol. Didn't get much sleep last night)
Well the day certainly had not gone quite as he had expected. Just when you think you can trust every cloaked stranger in random back alleys to hire a mercenary for a legitimate job, it turns out to be a set up. Go out into the forest near a city called Yarlford, the cloak man had said, I'll pay you a lot for helping kill some werewolves, he'd said. Well, there were no werewolves and no payment either. Just some weaklings trying to get the jump on him. They were now bloody smears in the middle of the forest. There wasn't even any good loot! The day was positively terrible on all accounts. The ale from his mug helped but the only things that could make the day not a complete waste might be some pleasant company or some good food. So that left him in need of a city and, just as it so happened, the meeting place had been near one called Yarlford. So that's where he was headed.

By the time he got to the city it was well into the night, yet that didn't seem to effect the number of travelers trying to get through the city gates. Trying being the operative word as many were being turned away. Not that something like that would discourage him in the least. Walking right up the the guards, the half-orc puffed out his chest and proudly answered their question. "Vak the Graveless and I'm here for some warm food and an inn." Which, surprisingly, seemed to be enough for the guards to let him in.

Luckily, it wouldn't take long for him to find a tavern. Mainly because the tavern was right inside the city gates: the Crimson Lady. "HA HA, any lady with food and ale is a friend of mine!" The half-orc laughed as he made his way through the doors, having to do an awkward duck and turn in order to fit. Vak sat down at the bar, the chair beneath him making some ominous creaking sounds but remaining in one piece.

(Sorry if it is a bit short lol. Didn't get much sleep last night)
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11