Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | {[WELCOME TO YARLFORD]}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Shieldan shrugged at Aspen’s question, following outside. His form bulked up as he used his blue misty form to make room in between his metal clothes to prevent them from clanking as he slowly approached the scene from behind Aspen.
Shieldan shrugged at Aspen’s question, following outside. His form bulked up as he used his blue misty form to make room in between his metal clothes to prevent them from clanking as he slowly approached the scene from behind Aspen.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
“Oh, hello Aspen, Shieldan. We saw a thief, discussed what to do. I gave them some food, I think they’ll be alright.” She waved a little bit, and turned away.
“Oh, hello Aspen, Shieldan. We saw a thief, discussed what to do. I gave them some food, I think they’ll be alright.” She waved a little bit, and turned away.
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
Trip squinted at the smaller figure and tilted her head to the side, her hooves making soft noises on the ground as a large flame lit the alleyway. Her darkvision caused her to wince for a minute as her eyes adjusted now to the new source of light which was all together rather unwelcome.

Trip gave the little not-cat person a genuine and warm smile. "Well why didn't you just say so, fluffy!" She piped. "I'm sure that Vak will be more than happy to help me out here and we can get you all kinds of supplies." She grinned toothily. "don't you worry your scruffy little tail about a thing. I'm pretty much an expert at talking people into giving me what I want even if we get caught. So you.. probably won't go to jail?" She shrugged lightly. "No promises, but i can tell you that I'm not turning you in, and my friend Vak here isn't turning you in either."

Squinting vaguely at the person with the fire as they offered.. some.. rations to them, she heard Vak say exactly what she wanted and grinned proudly at him, clapping him lightly on the back. "See you are good at talking too! Definitely!" though she was pretty sure he was better at swinging his fists, he was saying pretty much what she would have said in this situation. She flicked her eyes to the fire mage and folded her hands behind her back. "And supplies might not necessarily mean rations." She stated. "I mean for all we know this not-cat cat person might be wanting to.. i dunno get other kinds of supplies. Like.. iron ore or ingots or something, or gems. Those can be considered supplies."

Then she knit her brow tightly as the weird fire mage said something that made her blood run cold. her hooves clattering on stone, she lifted one of her two one-handed swords from its sheath, her tail twitching as she lowered her head slightly, going into a sleek attacking pose. "Okay. I know I've never met you before in my life. So you must be some kind of creepy stalker or something. And really i'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend. See? he's the half-orc right behind me. And he doesn't really like gensai so much. Do you Vak?" She hoped he would just.. play along with her bluff, because she was not okay with this weird gensai knowing her name and stalking her from the bar when she herself had no idea who the lady was.

As another person joined them, Trip's irritation only grew and she unsheathed her second blade in a whir of motion, her hair and her cape expanding behind her and making her look bigger than she actually was.

"actually, your friend or whatever there.. came to us and threw rations at us and this not-cat person, and expected us to just fall in line with them. But i think that they were about to leave, and you should probably go with them. There's enough people dealing with this simple task that could be handled by kids." She hooved the ground, irritated with how this weird fire mage person was talking.
Trip squinted at the smaller figure and tilted her head to the side, her hooves making soft noises on the ground as a large flame lit the alleyway. Her darkvision caused her to wince for a minute as her eyes adjusted now to the new source of light which was all together rather unwelcome.

Trip gave the little not-cat person a genuine and warm smile. "Well why didn't you just say so, fluffy!" She piped. "I'm sure that Vak will be more than happy to help me out here and we can get you all kinds of supplies." She grinned toothily. "don't you worry your scruffy little tail about a thing. I'm pretty much an expert at talking people into giving me what I want even if we get caught. So you.. probably won't go to jail?" She shrugged lightly. "No promises, but i can tell you that I'm not turning you in, and my friend Vak here isn't turning you in either."

Squinting vaguely at the person with the fire as they offered.. some.. rations to them, she heard Vak say exactly what she wanted and grinned proudly at him, clapping him lightly on the back. "See you are good at talking too! Definitely!" though she was pretty sure he was better at swinging his fists, he was saying pretty much what she would have said in this situation. She flicked her eyes to the fire mage and folded her hands behind her back. "And supplies might not necessarily mean rations." She stated. "I mean for all we know this not-cat cat person might be wanting to.. i dunno get other kinds of supplies. Like.. iron ore or ingots or something, or gems. Those can be considered supplies."

Then she knit her brow tightly as the weird fire mage said something that made her blood run cold. her hooves clattering on stone, she lifted one of her two one-handed swords from its sheath, her tail twitching as she lowered her head slightly, going into a sleek attacking pose. "Okay. I know I've never met you before in my life. So you must be some kind of creepy stalker or something. And really i'm flattered, but I have a boyfriend. See? he's the half-orc right behind me. And he doesn't really like gensai so much. Do you Vak?" She hoped he would just.. play along with her bluff, because she was not okay with this weird gensai knowing her name and stalking her from the bar when she herself had no idea who the lady was.

As another person joined them, Trip's irritation only grew and she unsheathed her second blade in a whir of motion, her hair and her cape expanding behind her and making her look bigger than she actually was.

"actually, your friend or whatever there.. came to us and threw rations at us and this not-cat person, and expected us to just fall in line with them. But i think that they were about to leave, and you should probably go with them. There's enough people dealing with this simple task that could be handled by kids." She hooved the ground, irritated with how this weird fire mage person was talking.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Another figure stepped within the alleyway, a blue mist that seemed to swirl and shift within a set of armor and a shield. They seemed to know onyx. Although Tensions grew higher as more people found there ways within the alley. The thief that is being healed by Vak, seemed to grow more nervous and agitated. Some of the people there wanted to help? But it made no sense. If they knew what they were they would kill them.
The women who held fire and controlled it at will held her arm out with a bag. Rations. The smaller figure that was being held was just about to reach their arm out and grab it but they stoped themselves. Fire. Fire is pain. Fire is the bringer of death. They only looked at the mage before being held up higher above the ground. They kicked their feet for a moment not understanding what was happening until the half-Orcs voice boomed out. Then the satyrs. The satyr spoke in a way of almost mocking the thief. The thief however didn’t do much, clearly understanding that if they attempted anything they could be hunted down easily.
The satyr then brought up jail, trying to comfort the thief? This did not help. “Can...can I-I just go. If the guards found me....they would kill me, then you you don’t need to help m-me I just wanted some supply’s and to be wi-....s-safe.” Their voice was shaky and odd.
As the half orc held them he could feel that she was physically shaking. The prensce of so many people, the fighting, the fire, and just being held by a stranger in general shook them. A moment passed....it was total silence from them. Their head turned looking around the area rapidly. Something was happening but you didn’t know what. She became twitchy and unrestful. The the small voice somehow became even smaller “we...we have go.”
Another figure stepped within the alleyway, a blue mist that seemed to swirl and shift within a set of armor and a shield. They seemed to know onyx. Although Tensions grew higher as more people found there ways within the alley. The thief that is being healed by Vak, seemed to grow more nervous and agitated. Some of the people there wanted to help? But it made no sense. If they knew what they were they would kill them.
The women who held fire and controlled it at will held her arm out with a bag. Rations. The smaller figure that was being held was just about to reach their arm out and grab it but they stoped themselves. Fire. Fire is pain. Fire is the bringer of death. They only looked at the mage before being held up higher above the ground. They kicked their feet for a moment not understanding what was happening until the half-Orcs voice boomed out. Then the satyrs. The satyr spoke in a way of almost mocking the thief. The thief however didn’t do much, clearly understanding that if they attempted anything they could be hunted down easily.
The satyr then brought up jail, trying to comfort the thief? This did not help. “Can...can I-I just go. If the guards found me....they would kill me, then you you don’t need to help m-me I just wanted some supply’s and to be wi-....s-safe.” Their voice was shaky and odd.
As the half orc held them he could feel that she was physically shaking. The prensce of so many people, the fighting, the fire, and just being held by a stranger in general shook them. A moment passed....it was total silence from them. Their head turned looking around the area rapidly. Something was happening but you didn’t know what. She became twitchy and unrestful. The the small voice somehow became even smaller “we...we have go.”
luw7Fez.gif
As Trip began to confront the genasai when was apparently stalking her, Vak was confused when the satyress suddenly mention her boyfriend being the half-orc behind her. Not seeing any other half-orcs in front of him, he looked behind him for this boyfriend she was talking about. How had he not seen this other half-orc before? Was he a really small fellow? Nope, he just couldn't see this boyfriend anywhere. The only half-orc behind her would be...OH it was a ruse! "Oh, yeah, yes! I am boyfriend. Trip is the best damn girlfriend anyone could ask for." He played along, not very well mind you, but he was trying. A problem with genasai? "Huh? I don't have a problem with 'em. Just this one whose comin' round here tellin' me what to do." Well, he caught on somewhat to Trip's ruse, at least.

Vak sighed as more people joined them in the alley. Sure, why not? It wasn't like a group of gawking people wouldn't attract attention from the guards of anything.

While Trip handled the genasai and the newcomers she apparent;y knew, the half-orc turned his attention to the little thief. Upon hearing what they had to say, his gaze softened a little bit. He shifted the thief to his other arm, instead of holding them by their scruff, it was more like one would hold a child. "Listen here, small one. There ain't any guards around that can kill me and this wouldn't be the first time I've made enemies with an entire town." He chuckled softly. "Stealin' takes guts. Guts mean you got strength, that drive to fight against what cards the world deals ye. Gotta admire that strength." A large half-orc hand gently patted their head. "But ye can't always be strong on ye'r own. Luckily, I'm plenty strong so, for now, I'll keep ye safe."

Upon hearing the small thief say that they all needed to go, the half-orc looked over to the satyress. "Might as well. Let's go, Trip. Not like any stealin' will be done with everyone standin' around 'ere." He said as he began to push through the crowd of people in the alley.

(Welp, looks like Vak has adopted the thief XD)
As Trip began to confront the genasai when was apparently stalking her, Vak was confused when the satyress suddenly mention her boyfriend being the half-orc behind her. Not seeing any other half-orcs in front of him, he looked behind him for this boyfriend she was talking about. How had he not seen this other half-orc before? Was he a really small fellow? Nope, he just couldn't see this boyfriend anywhere. The only half-orc behind her would be...OH it was a ruse! "Oh, yeah, yes! I am boyfriend. Trip is the best damn girlfriend anyone could ask for." He played along, not very well mind you, but he was trying. A problem with genasai? "Huh? I don't have a problem with 'em. Just this one whose comin' round here tellin' me what to do." Well, he caught on somewhat to Trip's ruse, at least.

Vak sighed as more people joined them in the alley. Sure, why not? It wasn't like a group of gawking people wouldn't attract attention from the guards of anything.

While Trip handled the genasai and the newcomers she apparent;y knew, the half-orc turned his attention to the little thief. Upon hearing what they had to say, his gaze softened a little bit. He shifted the thief to his other arm, instead of holding them by their scruff, it was more like one would hold a child. "Listen here, small one. There ain't any guards around that can kill me and this wouldn't be the first time I've made enemies with an entire town." He chuckled softly. "Stealin' takes guts. Guts mean you got strength, that drive to fight against what cards the world deals ye. Gotta admire that strength." A large half-orc hand gently patted their head. "But ye can't always be strong on ye'r own. Luckily, I'm plenty strong so, for now, I'll keep ye safe."

Upon hearing the small thief say that they all needed to go, the half-orc looked over to the satyress. "Might as well. Let's go, Trip. Not like any stealin' will be done with everyone standin' around 'ere." He said as he began to push through the crowd of people in the alley.

(Welp, looks like Vak has adopted the thief XD)
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
As the Satyress pulled out her weapons, Aspen threw her hands up as a way to show she meant no harm.

"I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding, I was just looking for Onyx. We met a little while ago in the bar. We were planning on going on an adventure or something but then she kinda disappeared. I only wanted to see where she went. I mean no harm to you or anyone else in this alley." Aspen said calmly, hoping this wouldn't turn into a fight. She was a bit weary and confused about the situation she had just walked into and was already more than ready to leave it.
As the Satyress pulled out her weapons, Aspen threw her hands up as a way to show she meant no harm.

"I think there's been a bit of a misunderstanding, I was just looking for Onyx. We met a little while ago in the bar. We were planning on going on an adventure or something but then she kinda disappeared. I only wanted to see where she went. I mean no harm to you or anyone else in this alley." Aspen said calmly, hoping this wouldn't turn into a fight. She was a bit weary and confused about the situation she had just walked into and was already more than ready to leave it.
Trip flicked her tail lightly as she watched all of her words rather much fail at soothing the not cat person. Not that she'd been trying to soothe them, she'd simply been trying to defend herself against.. whatever had just happened here." Shaking her head lightly. "To bad, kiddo, Vak here just decided that we are helping you." She grinned. "So looks like you are stuck with us. Good for you, Satyrs have notoriously good luck, so maybe some of it will rub off on you."

She was glad that Vak had gone alone with her ruse, though.. a bit poorly. She'd surprised him she knew. So she would probably have to apologize to him later when they were safely out of earshot.

Keeping her swords out, she followed after Vak who tried to push his way through the group and escape. "Well good then, you can take your creepy friend and go your own way. I don't care if you are into stalkers or something, but I'm definitely not."

her own body shaking lightly in nervousness, she tried to stick close to Vak as he pushed through everyone in the alley. "Now if you will excuse the three of us. We are going somewhere other than this." she stomped her hooves a few times on the ground, sheathing both swords in a huff and a flurry of her wrists. "But you guys should feel free to stick around here and do what you want." her slightly bowed head and clenched fists were a clear sign that she wasn't too happy with this entire situation, and she was still on the verge of attacking.
Trip flicked her tail lightly as she watched all of her words rather much fail at soothing the not cat person. Not that she'd been trying to soothe them, she'd simply been trying to defend herself against.. whatever had just happened here." Shaking her head lightly. "To bad, kiddo, Vak here just decided that we are helping you." She grinned. "So looks like you are stuck with us. Good for you, Satyrs have notoriously good luck, so maybe some of it will rub off on you."

She was glad that Vak had gone alone with her ruse, though.. a bit poorly. She'd surprised him she knew. So she would probably have to apologize to him later when they were safely out of earshot.

Keeping her swords out, she followed after Vak who tried to push his way through the group and escape. "Well good then, you can take your creepy friend and go your own way. I don't care if you are into stalkers or something, but I'm definitely not."

her own body shaking lightly in nervousness, she tried to stick close to Vak as he pushed through everyone in the alley. "Now if you will excuse the three of us. We are going somewhere other than this." she stomped her hooves a few times on the ground, sheathing both swords in a huff and a flurry of her wrists. "But you guys should feel free to stick around here and do what you want." her slightly bowed head and clenched fists were a clear sign that she wasn't too happy with this entire situation, and she was still on the verge of attacking.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
Shieldan mostly stood and watched as the scene before him unfolded. He didn’t like the half-Orc alluding to his unlawful actions, but shuddered a little at the thought of facing him over a crime. At this point the least he could really do was follow and help the small... person? Whatever Vak was holding.

He shook off his opinionated thoughts, and considered how nice Vak seemed. Might as well join everyone together. “Hey, uh, big guy. Where exactly are you going?” He would ask, taking a few steps towards the half-Orc as he spoke.
Shieldan mostly stood and watched as the scene before him unfolded. He didn’t like the half-Orc alluding to his unlawful actions, but shuddered a little at the thought of facing him over a crime. At this point the least he could really do was follow and help the small... person? Whatever Vak was holding.

He shook off his opinionated thoughts, and considered how nice Vak seemed. Might as well join everyone together. “Hey, uh, big guy. Where exactly are you going?” He would ask, taking a few steps towards the half-Orc as he spoke.
“What type of hero am I? The hero who does not stop. No matter the odds. I will stop the ball an inch from the floor, and bring the fight back from zero. Be certain in my strength, and it will be unending. Lend me your hopes and your dreams and I will break through any wall in my way, stop any opponent that crosses my path, and fight back any force that opposes me!”
(I’m so sorry I didn’t respond at all yesterday I was either away from home or doing schoolwork all day)
“God, I’m sorry. I didn’t know, I f***ed up, I shouldn’t have assumed what you wanted... If I can do anything to help, let me know. I always end up doing this! I try and help and I just mess it up even more.” She put her hand on her head and looked down in shame. “I’m sorry...”
(She’s consistently suuuuuper hard on herself for every little thing, she’s got anxiety and is 100% convinced everyone hates her now. She’s just like that.)
(I’m so sorry I didn’t respond at all yesterday I was either away from home or doing schoolwork all day)
“God, I’m sorry. I didn’t know, I f***ed up, I shouldn’t have assumed what you wanted... If I can do anything to help, let me know. I always end up doing this! I try and help and I just mess it up even more.” She put her hand on her head and looked down in shame. “I’m sorry...”
(She’s consistently suuuuuper hard on herself for every little thing, she’s got anxiety and is 100% convinced everyone hates her now. She’s just like that.)
___________ 6346.png mlHpBMC.png
5BsilZ9.png
55xbf1H.png
E3nmoMt.png
TW8ViqF.png
WKtl2lb.png
pO8B2fr.png 6346.png
WKtl2lb.png[/url][nextcol]
pO8B2fr.png[nextcol]6346.png[/columns]
The half-orc looked over at Trip as she continued to handle the situation they all had found themselves in. The genasai had really thrown her for a loop, it seems like and it was only through a begrudging huff that she seemed to put her weapons away. Normally, Vak would have been more than up for any fight anytime but now wasn't the time. Causing a big commotion here and now wouldn't help the little thief's situation nor their own. Sure, he could easily handle some guards and these strangers, but the small being in his arms wouldn't take to the stress well. A promise was made to protect the thief and sometimes fighting wasn't the answer to protecting someone.

Once Trip's weapons were away, he reached over to where she walked close to him and put an arm around her, pulling her closer to try and comfort her a bit. "Ye'r okay, Trip. Let's get ye outta 'ere." He said in a low, calm voice.

Making the move to leave, it was the strange foggy fellow who stopped the half-orc, asking where exactly he was going. Turning his head just enough to see the man out of the corner of his eye, Vak gave a small huff. "Wherever I please. Why? Thinkin' ye can stop me, fog-man? Well, ye'r welcome to try." Disregarding the foggy figure now, the half-orc continued to onward. If the fog wanted to attack him, they were free to. But he wouldn't be holding back if they did. But it was a good question, where was he going now. Honestly, he hadn't thought that far. Probably an inn of some sort, probably get some food there and find a place to stay for the night since it was so late.

The half-orc looked over at Trip as she continued to handle the situation they all had found themselves in. The genasai had really thrown her for a loop, it seems like and it was only through a begrudging huff that she seemed to put her weapons away. Normally, Vak would have been more than up for any fight anytime but now wasn't the time. Causing a big commotion here and now wouldn't help the little thief's situation nor their own. Sure, he could easily handle some guards and these strangers, but the small being in his arms wouldn't take to the stress well. A promise was made to protect the thief and sometimes fighting wasn't the answer to protecting someone.

Once Trip's weapons were away, he reached over to where she walked close to him and put an arm around her, pulling her closer to try and comfort her a bit. "Ye'r okay, Trip. Let's get ye outta 'ere." He said in a low, calm voice.

Making the move to leave, it was the strange foggy fellow who stopped the half-orc, asking where exactly he was going. Turning his head just enough to see the man out of the corner of his eye, Vak gave a small huff. "Wherever I please. Why? Thinkin' ye can stop me, fog-man? Well, ye'r welcome to try." Disregarding the foggy figure now, the half-orc continued to onward. If the fog wanted to attack him, they were free to. But he wouldn't be holding back if they did. But it was a good question, where was he going now. Honestly, he hadn't thought that far. Probably an inn of some sort, probably get some food there and find a place to stay for the night since it was so late.

fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11