Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | {[WELCOME TO YARLFORD]}
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
As Trip was talking to Ruth and Vak, Bazil seemed to have not been focusing in the conversation and was watching all the people, some from the ally, some new, come into the inn. She knew it was inappropriate to stare but it was always good to know who would be around. Her attention shifted towards a lavender teifling. Familiar in ways...but not him. For a moment she just watched him before hearing trip and Vak ask them something. “Oh! Yeah. We can share a room if you guys want to. It doesnt really matter to me. But! If you want me going to a different room or something I can....”
As Trip was talking to Ruth and Vak, Bazil seemed to have not been focusing in the conversation and was watching all the people, some from the ally, some new, come into the inn. She knew it was inappropriate to stare but it was always good to know who would be around. Her attention shifted towards a lavender teifling. Familiar in ways...but not him. For a moment she just watched him before hearing trip and Vak ask them something. “Oh! Yeah. We can share a room if you guys want to. It doesnt really matter to me. But! If you want me going to a different room or something I can....”
luw7Fez.gif
@/Phoeniz @/luna13 @/Eldarowability

Turning their head back to Aspen, Nyrix flicked the end of their tail lightly and didn't respond right away. They looked at Shieldan and Onyx briefly before following the female as she headed for an inn Nyrix didn't know the name of. "Name's Nyrix." they answered at last, the 'x' ending with an 'sss' sound. They didn't ask for the others' names and didn't even seem to really care if they knew them or not.
@/Phoeniz @/luna13 @/Eldarowability

Turning their head back to Aspen, Nyrix flicked the end of their tail lightly and didn't respond right away. They looked at Shieldan and Onyx briefly before following the female as she headed for an inn Nyrix didn't know the name of. "Name's Nyrix." they answered at last, the 'x' ending with an 'sss' sound. They didn't ask for the others' names and didn't even seem to really care if they knew them or not.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
The satyr didn’t seem to have noticed him, unfortunately. That meant he would probably have to speak up. At the same time, she seemed to be asking her companions about the lodging situation. He waved at her friends to be polite, as they seemed to have seen him at least. He only now realized he had walked up with the aim to talk to her, but nothing to say. He steeled himself again and spoke, “Hello miss. My name is Lucius. Are you new to this city?” He didn’t particularly know what to ask or do, but his voice came out much stronger and confident than he felt.

(Lucius has a very smooth, mild voice. It’s very pleasant to listen to. I imagine it like any English butler you’ve ever heard in a movie, or maybe one of those super smooth princes)
The satyr didn’t seem to have noticed him, unfortunately. That meant he would probably have to speak up. At the same time, she seemed to be asking her companions about the lodging situation. He waved at her friends to be polite, as they seemed to have seen him at least. He only now realized he had walked up with the aim to talk to her, but nothing to say. He steeled himself again and spoke, “Hello miss. My name is Lucius. Are you new to this city?” He didn’t particularly know what to ask or do, but his voice came out much stronger and confident than he felt.

(Lucius has a very smooth, mild voice. It’s very pleasant to listen to. I imagine it like any English butler you’ve ever heard in a movie, or maybe one of those super smooth princes)
2jctt91.jpg he/him please!
Trip flicked her eyes back to her companions, focused on Vak. Her ears and tail twitching as a wide grin spread across her face. If she was being entirely honest, being on her own all of the time was lonely. Satyr as people in general enjoyed spending time with others and being with company. Trip was no exception to the rule she supposed. And his laugh meant he thought she was funny, which made her feel good about herself. Shaking her head, she stomped her foot lightly against the ground. "that settles it, we can all share a room." She set the necessary payment in front of the dwarf. "I mean we can have a cool sleepover, how else are we going to become best friends, right?"

She grinned at the little thief. "Hey, we said stick with us, and we mean it, kay?"

About to say something else, she opened her mouth, only for a voice to jolt past her ear. Having been so focused on her companions, she didn't notice. And the sudden 'appearance' of the Tiefling caused her a bit of alarm. Enough to jump and let out a rather embarrassing bleat. Clasping both hands over her mouth as her fur burned, her cheeks tinging red, she wondered if her companions had heard her. Clearing her throat, she elected to pretend it had never happened and straightened up to look at the place the voice was coming from.

A lilac colored male stared back at her, and she was immediately fixated on his horns. They had a nice smooth texture, well maintained, polished or oiled perhaps. Having horns of her own, it was a habit at this point to survey the horns of another species..and admire them. Another cursory glance revealed him to be.. a teifling.. or something like that. She'd never been so good at picking out other species if she was being entirely honest.

Trip gave him a stare for a moment before twisting her mouth into a genuine smile. "Nah. Not new at all. Been around the block quite a few times. To this city.. other cities like this. I kinda go wherever the fun goes. Or.. maybe I am the fun." She brought her finger up to her lip, furrowing her brow and looking contemplative. her tail twitching slightly she turned to her companions. "I'm assuming you are if you haven't heard of me.. the almighty Trip!"

She struck a dramatic pose, made that much more dramatic by her enchanted broach which was making her cape, hair and fur bluster with invisible wind. She gestured to her companions. "And these are my companions. There's Vak.. the Barpuncher." She let out a little bleat-giggle as she gestured to Vak. "And then there's Bazil, the squishy little nugget I've decided to adopt!" She reached over to Bazil and embraced the Theif, before turning to the newcomer again. "Nice ta meetcha stranger."
Trip flicked her eyes back to her companions, focused on Vak. Her ears and tail twitching as a wide grin spread across her face. If she was being entirely honest, being on her own all of the time was lonely. Satyr as people in general enjoyed spending time with others and being with company. Trip was no exception to the rule she supposed. And his laugh meant he thought she was funny, which made her feel good about herself. Shaking her head, she stomped her foot lightly against the ground. "that settles it, we can all share a room." She set the necessary payment in front of the dwarf. "I mean we can have a cool sleepover, how else are we going to become best friends, right?"

She grinned at the little thief. "Hey, we said stick with us, and we mean it, kay?"

About to say something else, she opened her mouth, only for a voice to jolt past her ear. Having been so focused on her companions, she didn't notice. And the sudden 'appearance' of the Tiefling caused her a bit of alarm. Enough to jump and let out a rather embarrassing bleat. Clasping both hands over her mouth as her fur burned, her cheeks tinging red, she wondered if her companions had heard her. Clearing her throat, she elected to pretend it had never happened and straightened up to look at the place the voice was coming from.

A lilac colored male stared back at her, and she was immediately fixated on his horns. They had a nice smooth texture, well maintained, polished or oiled perhaps. Having horns of her own, it was a habit at this point to survey the horns of another species..and admire them. Another cursory glance revealed him to be.. a teifling.. or something like that. She'd never been so good at picking out other species if she was being entirely honest.

Trip gave him a stare for a moment before twisting her mouth into a genuine smile. "Nah. Not new at all. Been around the block quite a few times. To this city.. other cities like this. I kinda go wherever the fun goes. Or.. maybe I am the fun." She brought her finger up to her lip, furrowing her brow and looking contemplative. her tail twitching slightly she turned to her companions. "I'm assuming you are if you haven't heard of me.. the almighty Trip!"

She struck a dramatic pose, made that much more dramatic by her enchanted broach which was making her cape, hair and fur bluster with invisible wind. She gestured to her companions. "And these are my companions. There's Vak.. the Barpuncher." She let out a little bleat-giggle as she gestured to Vak. "And then there's Bazil, the squishy little nugget I've decided to adopt!" She reached over to Bazil and embraced the Theif, before turning to the newcomer again. "Nice ta meetcha stranger."
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
The half-orc smiled back at the satyress, catching her wide grin. In the short time he'd known her, Trip always seemed so happy for the most part. Save for the stressful interaction with the stalker earlier, she just seemed so full of life. It took strength to live life to the fullest and she certainly had it figured out exactly how to do so. There was just something so likeable about that quality and he definitely respected it. While her gaze remained on him in that brief moment, Vak gave her a little wink before she turned back to pay for lodging that night. It seemed decided that they would all be rooming together, which he didn't mind. Already his companions, whom he had only met a short while ago, meant a lot to him and he did want to keep them safe. They were probably capable of handling themselves, but when you care about people, you just want to make sure they are safe.

What happened next was a bit surprising, mainly because the half-orc had already seen the tiefling and it appeared that Trip hadn't. A bleat of alarm sounded from his companion and caused him to take a step forward, a bit worried for her safety. But the lavender man didn't seem to be threatening. However, he did notice how Trip covered her mouth and seemed to be turning a bit red. While he didn't turn red personally, Vak did know that most other races did when they exerted themselves, were sick, or embarrassed. Given those choices, even the half-orc could figure out which of those the satyr was currently suffering from. "Pretty cute noise ye just made, Trip." He teased his companion a little, making sure she knew he had in fact heard it.

As she spoke with the tiefling, the half-orc couldn't help but chuckle as she introduced herself as the Almighty Trip, finding her dramatic pose quite funny. The rumbling chuckle grew a bit louder as she introduced him next as 'the Barpuncher'. Now that was something he's never been called before. Taking this moment of introduction to step forward, the half-orc stuck out a large hand in greeting to the tiefling. "Nice t' meetcha. Vak the Barpuncher, well met."
The half-orc smiled back at the satyress, catching her wide grin. In the short time he'd known her, Trip always seemed so happy for the most part. Save for the stressful interaction with the stalker earlier, she just seemed so full of life. It took strength to live life to the fullest and she certainly had it figured out exactly how to do so. There was just something so likeable about that quality and he definitely respected it. While her gaze remained on him in that brief moment, Vak gave her a little wink before she turned back to pay for lodging that night. It seemed decided that they would all be rooming together, which he didn't mind. Already his companions, whom he had only met a short while ago, meant a lot to him and he did want to keep them safe. They were probably capable of handling themselves, but when you care about people, you just want to make sure they are safe.

What happened next was a bit surprising, mainly because the half-orc had already seen the tiefling and it appeared that Trip hadn't. A bleat of alarm sounded from his companion and caused him to take a step forward, a bit worried for her safety. But the lavender man didn't seem to be threatening. However, he did notice how Trip covered her mouth and seemed to be turning a bit red. While he didn't turn red personally, Vak did know that most other races did when they exerted themselves, were sick, or embarrassed. Given those choices, even the half-orc could figure out which of those the satyr was currently suffering from. "Pretty cute noise ye just made, Trip." He teased his companion a little, making sure she knew he had in fact heard it.

As she spoke with the tiefling, the half-orc couldn't help but chuckle as she introduced herself as the Almighty Trip, finding her dramatic pose quite funny. The rumbling chuckle grew a bit louder as she introduced him next as 'the Barpuncher'. Now that was something he's never been called before. Taking this moment of introduction to step forward, the half-orc stuck out a large hand in greeting to the tiefling. "Nice t' meetcha. Vak the Barpuncher, well met."
fancy_sixgill_shark_by_scryzzethekat-dbgpc9o.png
Aspen gave Nyrix a small smile as she continued leading them down the street. They didn't seem to keen on sharing or gathering information.

"Good to meet you Nyrix, I'm Aspen." She responded, unsure of what else to say. She glanced at the rest of her party. Shieldan seemed fine but Onyx seemed pretty worn out. Aspen didn't blame her though, she must have already had a long enough day, and the scene in the alley surely didn't help.

"Alright, we're almost there now." Aspen announced, seeing the inn up ahead.
Aspen gave Nyrix a small smile as she continued leading them down the street. They didn't seem to keen on sharing or gathering information.

"Good to meet you Nyrix, I'm Aspen." She responded, unsure of what else to say. She glanced at the rest of her party. Shieldan seemed fine but Onyx seemed pretty worn out. Aspen didn't blame her though, she must have already had a long enough day, and the scene in the alley surely didn't help.

"Alright, we're almost there now." Aspen announced, seeing the inn up ahead.
As Trip made her way towards Ruth to pay Ruth gladly held her hand open and accepted the money before dropping a single well kept bronze key into her hand. It had a number 3 indented into it. Ruth waved and laughed “hope you like your stay!” Before picking up the book that she set down on the counter and opened it to continue reading.
Bazil nodded as the Satyr reassured them about being apart of the group. She kept one hand in her pocket and the other clutching her tattered clothes. She looked around the room for a moment while the others spoke in their own groups before hearing the loud bleat. She jumped back for a second not knowing where the sound came from before looking up to see Trip with her hands around her mouth. Bazil was obviously trying to hold in laughter and was failing miserably. Vak seemed to have thought it was cute but to Bazil it was just hilarious. Trip then announced everyone in the group, Herself, Vak, and Bazil. The way she introduced them to Lucius was funny yet sweet. As Bazil calmed down she heard Trip introduce her to Lucius. Even though she was currently wearing a mask you could easily tell she was smiling. Bazil walked up to Lucius, as she does you can see that she’s rather small, around 4ft, and wore a mask made of wood. “Hi, I’m Bazil” she looked up at the taller teifling with excitement in her eyes.

As Aspen, Nyrix and the others make their way towards the salty unicorn you can see the faint glow from its windows. It gave this very warm and humble feeling. Your group has grown as newcomers have joined you, all of which seem to be rather friendly. Once you get closer you can see through the dusty windows and make out what seems to be the other group that you had met in the ally and some others. They all seem to be laughing and having a great time.
As Trip made her way towards Ruth to pay Ruth gladly held her hand open and accepted the money before dropping a single well kept bronze key into her hand. It had a number 3 indented into it. Ruth waved and laughed “hope you like your stay!” Before picking up the book that she set down on the counter and opened it to continue reading.
Bazil nodded as the Satyr reassured them about being apart of the group. She kept one hand in her pocket and the other clutching her tattered clothes. She looked around the room for a moment while the others spoke in their own groups before hearing the loud bleat. She jumped back for a second not knowing where the sound came from before looking up to see Trip with her hands around her mouth. Bazil was obviously trying to hold in laughter and was failing miserably. Vak seemed to have thought it was cute but to Bazil it was just hilarious. Trip then announced everyone in the group, Herself, Vak, and Bazil. The way she introduced them to Lucius was funny yet sweet. As Bazil calmed down she heard Trip introduce her to Lucius. Even though she was currently wearing a mask you could easily tell she was smiling. Bazil walked up to Lucius, as she does you can see that she’s rather small, around 4ft, and wore a mask made of wood. “Hi, I’m Bazil” she looked up at the taller teifling with excitement in her eyes.

As Aspen, Nyrix and the others make their way towards the salty unicorn you can see the faint glow from its windows. It gave this very warm and humble feeling. Your group has grown as newcomers have joined you, all of which seem to be rather friendly. Once you get closer you can see through the dusty windows and make out what seems to be the other group that you had met in the ally and some others. They all seem to be laughing and having a great time.
luw7Fez.gif
Nyrix stopped beside one of the windows, appearing to be looking inside at those already there. Of course, being unable to actually see anything in this form meant that they weren't... Still, the sudden scents of so many others made them hesitate. They weren't really here to make friends or even to really socialize. Probably why they were so quiet during the walk to the inn, speaking when spoken to but otherwise keeping to themself.

They gave a slight shake of their head before reaching up and pulling their hood down more over their face, lightly tucking in their tail so it no longer was sticking out the back of their cloak. They waited a moment, to see what the other three with them would do, before walking up to the door and pulling/pushing it open. Mostly upon noticing that they didn't seem to be opening the door in any hurry. Nyrix wasn't sure about them, but they sure wanted a room to sleep in for the night. The sounds of apparent laughter and chatter made them let out a huff, taking a deep breath to familiarize themself with the scents of those in the room.
Nyrix stopped beside one of the windows, appearing to be looking inside at those already there. Of course, being unable to actually see anything in this form meant that they weren't... Still, the sudden scents of so many others made them hesitate. They weren't really here to make friends or even to really socialize. Probably why they were so quiet during the walk to the inn, speaking when spoken to but otherwise keeping to themself.

They gave a slight shake of their head before reaching up and pulling their hood down more over their face, lightly tucking in their tail so it no longer was sticking out the back of their cloak. They waited a moment, to see what the other three with them would do, before walking up to the door and pulling/pushing it open. Mostly upon noticing that they didn't seem to be opening the door in any hurry. Nyrix wasn't sure about them, but they sure wanted a room to sleep in for the night. The sounds of apparent laughter and chatter made them let out a huff, taking a deep breath to familiarize themself with the scents of those in the room.
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11