Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Shadows In Every Corner (Hybrid RP OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
(I hope it goes smoothly - Also @/SoaringLynx mind if I interact?)
(I hope it goes smoothly - Also @/SoaringLynx mind if I interact?)
Stardust Sap Lamp
--- [ D i n o ] ---
♥ any pronouns
traditional comms
♥ Layout by snom !
(( hey nerds :3 is it ok if i just jump in here with a form? i've not roleplayed at all on FR yet and this one looked pretty interesting ))

Birth Name: Darren Tezdee

Preferred Name: Snail

Mother: Unnamed (Kodiak Bear)

Father: Unnamed (Red Kangaroo)

Description: Massive for a kangaroo yet dwarfish for a kodiak bear, Snail measures 7'2" when standing and weighs in at a hefty 430 lbs. He has shaggy cream fur with peachy patches, in addition to a ridiculous cinnamon brown mane that obscures his face almost completely. Everything about him is big; big nose, big blunt fangs, big paws, and big floppy ears. In spite of his otherwise intimidating appearance, it can be difficult to take him seriously, what with his insistence on wearing his raggedy, cheaply-made wizard getup everywhere he goes.

Past (optional): Nah fam

Siblings: None, probably

Mate: Single and ready to mangle mingle

Children: Nope

Personality: Although Snail has a strange, personality-consuming obsession with wizards and anything magical, he doesn't possess any actual magical abilities or tendencies. In fact, his understanding of magic is arbitrary at best, and he is more likely to be found chanting some weird forest animal version of "you're a wizard, Harry" than he is to be actually learning about the subject. In addition, he can appear rather dopey and clumsy since he runs into things often; however, this is actually an issue with his eyesight more than anything. He has pretty bad eyes, not to mention he hides his entire face behind his untamed mane of hair. He loves fruit, hates to be serious, and doesn't mean much harm to anyone (although he might cause harm anyway since he gravely underestimates his own strength, having grown up the smallest among pure bears several times his own size).
(( hey nerds :3 is it ok if i just jump in here with a form? i've not roleplayed at all on FR yet and this one looked pretty interesting ))

Birth Name: Darren Tezdee

Preferred Name: Snail

Mother: Unnamed (Kodiak Bear)

Father: Unnamed (Red Kangaroo)

Description: Massive for a kangaroo yet dwarfish for a kodiak bear, Snail measures 7'2" when standing and weighs in at a hefty 430 lbs. He has shaggy cream fur with peachy patches, in addition to a ridiculous cinnamon brown mane that obscures his face almost completely. Everything about him is big; big nose, big blunt fangs, big paws, and big floppy ears. In spite of his otherwise intimidating appearance, it can be difficult to take him seriously, what with his insistence on wearing his raggedy, cheaply-made wizard getup everywhere he goes.

Past (optional): Nah fam

Siblings: None, probably

Mate: Single and ready to mangle mingle

Children: Nope

Personality: Although Snail has a strange, personality-consuming obsession with wizards and anything magical, he doesn't possess any actual magical abilities or tendencies. In fact, his understanding of magic is arbitrary at best, and he is more likely to be found chanting some weird forest animal version of "you're a wizard, Harry" than he is to be actually learning about the subject. In addition, he can appear rather dopey and clumsy since he runs into things often; however, this is actually an issue with his eyesight more than anything. He has pretty bad eyes, not to mention he hides his entire face behind his untamed mane of hair. He loves fruit, hates to be serious, and doesn't mean much harm to anyone (although he might cause harm anyway since he gravely underestimates his own strength, having grown up the smallest among pure bears several times his own size).
Welcome to Fox and Kitten!!!
Welcome to Fox and Kitten!!!
pancatcher.png LCqISMP.pngmmoRz30.png
bX96R21.pngWNKiucd.png
eTmFfQ7.png0HBKL8H.png
ZqTATLu.pngBbPx2ym.png
5hF3FGk.pngaaUHYLp.png
62L9xMb.gif plaguebringer.png
((Hello hello! Also DeathDino- go right ahead! :D ))
((Hello hello! Also DeathDino- go right ahead! :D ))
Cheshire had closed her eyes, ready to accept her fate. She knew that if she fought against the currents the river would be angry and would never give her back. But if she styed very still and let the river decide she might surface and be able to pull herself up. She waited, and waited, and waited, but still nothing happened. The river tore her gently but harshly side to side as if it couldn't decide to give her back or keep her forever.

Suddenly she heard a splash in the water and opened her eyes to see who'd fallen in. But to her surprise someone had ducked their head under the water. She noticed that this creature must've been a hybrid and was searching for something. Maybe they had heard her or seen her fall in! She slowed swam to them trying not to alert the river of her escape, but trying to get within gripping range of their mouth.

She didn't know the intention of the creature. To save her, eat her, kill her, bring her back to the bullies. But anything was better than being killed by the harsh river. Cheshire had just gotten under the mouth of the creature gently touching it with her antennae to alert them she was there and ready.
Cheshire had closed her eyes, ready to accept her fate. She knew that if she fought against the currents the river would be angry and would never give her back. But if she styed very still and let the river decide she might surface and be able to pull herself up. She waited, and waited, and waited, but still nothing happened. The river tore her gently but harshly side to side as if it couldn't decide to give her back or keep her forever.

Suddenly she heard a splash in the water and opened her eyes to see who'd fallen in. But to her surprise someone had ducked their head under the water. She noticed that this creature must've been a hybrid and was searching for something. Maybe they had heard her or seen her fall in! She slowed swam to them trying not to alert the river of her escape, but trying to get within gripping range of their mouth.

She didn't know the intention of the creature. To save her, eat her, kill her, bring her back to the bullies. But anything was better than being killed by the harsh river. Cheshire had just gotten under the mouth of the creature gently touching it with her antennae to alert them she was there and ready.
bX96R21.pngWNKiucd.png
eTmFfQ7.png0HBKL8H.png
ZqTATLu.pngBbPx2ym.png
5hF3FGk.pngaaUHYLp.png
62L9xMb.gif plaguebringer.png
(Alright ^^)

Sarnor could feel the ferocious current against their fangs and tongue, but they did not relent. They remained still, feeling a new forceful push against the waters. The creature below had noticed. They reached in further just to allow her an easier way towards them.

And within moments, they felt the light touch of antennae against their chin. In a swift motion their head dipped further in until they grabbed the the night-black pelt of the hybrid. They pulled her out and retreated further inland, away from the stream. They dropped her back to the ground and licked their muzzle for a moment.

As things settled, they sat back to look upon the hybrid. Now they could fully analyze every detail of it. Black fur, antennae of course, a stinger, pincers, though a generally fox-like body. Their brows furrowed quizzically as they looked upon the drenched female.

~~~

Elkin was still wandering about aimlessly, bored but eager to explore another day. At least he was free to do what he wanted for now. He had circled the field for at least four times before realizing he was actually going in circles. He mumbled in embarrassment before redirecting his path towards the trees. His long ears slowly perked upward as he heard a yell.

He crept behind a certain maple tree and peeked out. What was before him had to be one of the most adorable things he'd seen in awhile. It looked so oddly familiar, too. It had to be no younger than he was. He grew a smile and peeked his entire body out from behind the tree, dulled white eyes gazing upon the owlcat.

"Hello!"
(Alright ^^)

Sarnor could feel the ferocious current against their fangs and tongue, but they did not relent. They remained still, feeling a new forceful push against the waters. The creature below had noticed. They reached in further just to allow her an easier way towards them.

And within moments, they felt the light touch of antennae against their chin. In a swift motion their head dipped further in until they grabbed the the night-black pelt of the hybrid. They pulled her out and retreated further inland, away from the stream. They dropped her back to the ground and licked their muzzle for a moment.

As things settled, they sat back to look upon the hybrid. Now they could fully analyze every detail of it. Black fur, antennae of course, a stinger, pincers, though a generally fox-like body. Their brows furrowed quizzically as they looked upon the drenched female.

~~~

Elkin was still wandering about aimlessly, bored but eager to explore another day. At least he was free to do what he wanted for now. He had circled the field for at least four times before realizing he was actually going in circles. He mumbled in embarrassment before redirecting his path towards the trees. His long ears slowly perked upward as he heard a yell.

He crept behind a certain maple tree and peeked out. What was before him had to be one of the most adorable things he'd seen in awhile. It looked so oddly familiar, too. It had to be no younger than he was. He grew a smile and peeked his entire body out from behind the tree, dulled white eyes gazing upon the owlcat.

"Hello!"
Stardust Sap Lamp
--- [ D i n o ] ---
♥ any pronouns
traditional comms
♥ Layout by snom !
Kris, oblivious to mostly everything while fuming over his measly meal, was caught completely off guard when something said hello.
The fur along his back stood on end as he jumped, whipping around to face a large, wolf deer mix, that had feather like fur.

Kris looked at the impressive creature in awe, wishing he was a little taller in that moment.
"Hi?" He said, still slightly in shock. Suddenly he had the notion the animal had heard him yelling.
Flushed with embarrassment, he added, "Oh and if ya heard me yelling earlier, sorry if I disturbed you. I was looking for a meal but having no such luck besides dirt-wallowing bugs."
He didn't know if the creature was a friend or a foe, and the warm and random greeting made him only more suspicious. Despite this, he didn't feel very afraid in the presence of the vibrantly colored animal.
Kris, oblivious to mostly everything while fuming over his measly meal, was caught completely off guard when something said hello.
The fur along his back stood on end as he jumped, whipping around to face a large, wolf deer mix, that had feather like fur.

Kris looked at the impressive creature in awe, wishing he was a little taller in that moment.
"Hi?" He said, still slightly in shock. Suddenly he had the notion the animal had heard him yelling.
Flushed with embarrassment, he added, "Oh and if ya heard me yelling earlier, sorry if I disturbed you. I was looking for a meal but having no such luck besides dirt-wallowing bugs."
He didn't know if the creature was a friend or a foe, and the warm and random greeting made him only more suspicious. Despite this, he didn't feel very afraid in the presence of the vibrantly colored animal.
Elkin himself nearly jumped back at the sudden motions of the owlcat. He blinked as he looked upon the other hybrid curiously. He stooped down to a lower level under the tree's cooling shade on that summer afternoon to continue interacting with Kris. "I-It's okay! And, well, what's wrong with bugs? I find they're quite crunchy!" His ears perked and his tail feathers wagged some.

"Th-though I do understand if that is not your.. ahm.. cup of tea, yes? I think you'd like a mouse really. Or a vole."
Elkin himself nearly jumped back at the sudden motions of the owlcat. He blinked as he looked upon the other hybrid curiously. He stooped down to a lower level under the tree's cooling shade on that summer afternoon to continue interacting with Kris. "I-It's okay! And, well, what's wrong with bugs? I find they're quite crunchy!" His ears perked and his tail feathers wagged some.

"Th-though I do understand if that is not your.. ahm.. cup of tea, yes? I think you'd like a mouse really. Or a vole."
Stardust Sap Lamp
--- [ D i n o ] ---
♥ any pronouns
traditional comms
♥ Layout by snom !
(BUMP)
(BUMP)
bX96R21.pngWNKiucd.png
eTmFfQ7.png0HBKL8H.png
ZqTATLu.pngBbPx2ym.png
5hF3FGk.pngaaUHYLp.png