Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Parliament of Beastclans (OPEN)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/13422.png[/img][/center] "[color=green]A valid point there Scales.[/color]" The Harpy avoids using the Serthis's real name, even though she had just introduced herself. "[color=green]The problem being the reason we meet enmass is so that everyone gets the same information at the same time and we make decisions as a group. If you're just passing on messages one at a time you're risking rumor and self-interest dividing you.[/color]" He scratches, his voice becoming somewhat softer as he looks in the direction of Andisum. "[color=green]If the dragons don't trust you they can always sell you on to another clan...or there's the Pot. Being eaten might be better.[/color]" He shivers.
@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar
13422.png

"A valid point there Scales." The Harpy avoids using the Serthis's real name, even though she had just introduced herself. "The problem being the reason we meet enmass is so that everyone gets the same information at the same time and we make decisions as a group. If you're just passing on messages one at a time you're risking rumor and self-interest dividing you."
He scratches, his voice becoming somewhat softer as he looks in the direction of Andisum.
"If the dragons don't trust you they can always sell you on to another clan...or there's the Pot. Being eaten might be better."
He shivers.
qCJC5AV.png
@Cursedkaze @Toriel @Vanquished @Collapsar [center] [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/a/a9/Blacktalon_Striker.png/revision/latest?cb=20141005094928.png[/img][/center] "[color=maroon]But our meetings so far haven't roused suspicion. Why change now?[/color]" Dahik moved back toward his seat, slumping into it before smoothing himself, "[color=maroon]Besides, a new way of communicating doesn't get us any closer to being free.[/color]" The raptorik stretched, spreading his wings. "[color=maroon]I don't care if you sit in here, Prenhite, so long as you contribute,[/color]" he snapped, "[color=maroon]But we do not mention the cauldron in this meeting or any other. Now you did say something that I'd like to take into consideration. We need the dragons to trust us.[/color]" he formed as much of a smile as his beak would allow, "[color=maroon]We need someone to convince them that we are trustworthy. Luckily, our companion the prince has quite the healthy relationship with them.[/color]"
@Cursedkaze @Toriel @Vanquished @Collapsar
latest?cb=20141005094928.png

"But our meetings so far haven't roused suspicion. Why change now?" Dahik moved back toward his seat, slumping into it before smoothing himself, "Besides, a new way of communicating doesn't get us any closer to being free."

The raptorik stretched, spreading his wings. "I don't care if you sit in here, Prenhite, so long as you contribute," he snapped, "But we do not mention the cauldron in this meeting or any other. Now you did say something that I'd like to take into consideration. We need the dragons to trust us." he formed as much of a smile as his beak would allow, "We need someone to convince them that we are trustworthy. Luckily, our companion the prince has quite the healthy relationship with them."
sig_top2_by_soenkan-dbx7qvx.gif
sig_buttons_m_by_soenkan-dbx7qwu.gifsig_buttons_a_by_soenkan-dbx7qx6.gifsig_buttons_w_by_soenkan-dbx7qw5.gifsig_buttons_t2_by_soenkan-dbx7qwp.gifsig_buttons_u_by_soenkan-dbx7qwd.gif
@CursedKaze @Llanai [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/622.png[/center][/img] After getting the unpleasant thoughts out of her head she thought about what was said "[color=indigo]Getting the dragons to trust us. Sounds like a good idea, it may let us be trusted to say go off somewhere for a few hours to come back without suspicion.[/color]" She then looked over towards the prince [color=indigo]Do you think that you can convince dragons to trust us, they must already trust you enough to hold their eggs without fear, or at least enough for what we need.[/color]" Andisum gave him a hopeful look after she said that though again, her mask.
@CursedKaze @Llanai
622.png

After getting the unpleasant thoughts out of her head she thought about what was said "Getting the dragons to trust us. Sounds like a good idea, it may let us be trusted to say go off somewhere for a few hours to come back without suspicion." She then looked over towards the prince Do you think that you can convince dragons to trust us, they must already trust you enough to hold their eggs without fear, or at least enough for what we need." Andisum gave him a hopeful look after she said that though again, her mask.

@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/13422.png[/img][/center] "[color=green]I've got the Power.[/color]" The Harpy Prince brags as if he's scared the assembled Beastclans might forget (and indeed that is the case). "[color=green]But I don't think you can just pretend to bond with them. It's...I don't know...Being awakened is something meaningful. Magic.[/color]" He shuffles, unable to articulate what being Awakened is like. "[color=green]It gets you the Power.[/color]" He brightens up, not really clarifying anything. "[color=green]When a dragon trusts you, you don't want to betray that trust for anything, even if it is extra meeting time.[/color]"
13422.png

"I've got the Power." The Harpy Prince brags as if he's scared the assembled Beastclans might forget (and indeed that is the case).
"But I don't think you can just pretend to bond with them. It's...I don't know...Being awakened is something meaningful. Magic." He shuffles, unable to articulate what being Awakened is like.
"It gets you the Power." He brightens up, not really clarifying anything. "When a dragon trusts you, you don't want to betray that trust for anything, even if it is extra meeting time."
qCJC5AV.png
@CursedKaze @Llanai @Collapsar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/14546.png[/center][/img] Blight snapped her fangs in Prenhite's direction, hissing angerly at the nickname. [color=#D358F7] "Call me that again, [i]bird,[/i] and you'll find your tongue on the floor."[/color] She rested one claw-tipped hand on the hilt of her blade. Blight glared at Prenhite, black tongue scenting the air too often for comfort. [color=#D358F7] "Speak for yourselves. While I'm far from being Awakened, I've known my bonded for quite sometime. She and her fellows trust me enough. If trust is the issue, then each of us should work on earning it individually with our bonded. Our dear prince can't be friends with every dragon in this godforsaken pit."[/color] She shot another look at Prenhite, this time in warning, before settling back and releasing her grip on her sword.
@CursedKaze @Llanai @Collapsar
14546.png

Blight snapped her fangs in Prenhite's direction, hissing angerly at the nickname. "Call me that again, bird, and you'll find your tongue on the floor." She rested one claw-tipped hand on the hilt of her blade. Blight glared at Prenhite, black tongue scenting the air too often for comfort.

"Speak for yourselves. While I'm far from being Awakened, I've known my bonded for quite sometime. She and her fellows trust me enough. If trust is the issue, then each of us should work on earning it individually with our bonded. Our dear prince can't be friends with every dragon in this godforsaken pit."

She shot another look at Prenhite, this time in warning, before settling back and releasing her grip on her sword.

@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/13422.png[/img][/center] "[color=green]Well not all of us are as naturally two-faced and backstabbing as you my dear [i]Blight[/i].[/color]" The Harpy Prince puts a deliberate emphasis on the name. "[color=green]One betraying serpent is nothing out of the ordinary but if you trick them and they [i]find out[/i]." Prenhite gouges his claws down the table with a shrieking sound. "[color=green]That could be the end of the luxury of being kept as Familiars. They'll wipe us out on the spot.[/color]"
13422.png

"Well not all of us are as naturally two-faced and backstabbing as you my dear Blight." The Harpy Prince puts a deliberate emphasis on the name. "One betraying serpent is nothing out of the ordinary but if you trick them and they find out."
Prenhite gouges his claws down the table with a shrieking sound.
"That could be the end of the luxury of being kept as Familiars. They'll wipe us out on the spot."
qCJC5AV.png
@CrusedKaze @Llanai @Vanquished [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/622.png[/center][/img] "[color=Indigo]Not to be rude though I don't think there is luxury in being kept as a pet, last I checked we were sentient beings not a drooling dog. We aren't meant to be kept like this, kept like prisoners.[/color]" She then let out a frustrated sigh "[color=Indigo]Maybe I said too much but I feel I would be happier flying the skies when I [i]wanted[/i] to, not when they dragons felt it was convent for them[/color]" After that she looked away from the others, not content on staying pretty things for the dragons to look at.[i]We are living creatures, not a old, dusty painting.[/i]
@CrusedKaze @Llanai @Vanquished
622.png

"Not to be rude though I don't think there is luxury in being kept as a pet, last I checked we were sentient beings not a drooling dog. We aren't meant to be kept like this, kept like prisoners." She then let out a frustrated sigh "Maybe I said too much but I feel I would be happier flying the skies when I wanted to, not when they dragons felt it was convent for them" After that she looked away from the others, not content on staying pretty things for the dragons to look at.We are living creatures, not a old, dusty painting.
@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/13422.png[/img][/center] "[color=green]Well you can't fault them for not being stupid.[/color]" Prenhite says more kindly than usual. "[color=green]But still...[/color]" He sighs. "[color=green]I ran away because of the war, I had to do things I didn't want to do for the sake of someone else's war. Here I am free of that.[/color]" He slumps, cupping his chin with a wing in a clear state of melancholy. "[color=green]Dragons were built for war. It's like a game for them. We're just an afterthought for them. They don't hate us. They don't want to wipe us out. But they could. All because we started a war we cannot win.[/color]" He closes his eyes.
13422.png

"Well you can't fault them for not being stupid." Prenhite says more kindly than usual.
"But still..." He sighs. "I ran away because of the war, I had to do things I didn't want to do for the sake of someone else's war. Here I am free of that."
He slumps, cupping his chin with a wing in a clear state of melancholy.
"Dragons were built for war. It's like a game for them. We're just an afterthought for them. They don't hate us. They don't want to wipe us out. But they could. All because we started a war we cannot win." He closes his eyes.
qCJC5AV.png
@Cursedkaze @Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar

“If you’re all quite done arguing?” says a crisp voice from outside the room, then: "No?"

Hooves trot inside, surveying the gathered familiars coolly. Arcus blinks, and says in clear Common Beastkin, "I didn't catch any of that, but I just wanted to let you all know - Dahik, particularly, I heard your Guardian looking for you on the way here. Your dragons have noticed your absences and will in all likelihood be expecting you back soon."

Arcus inclines their head at the harpy warrior. "Andisum, you should probably go. You’re still visibly wary of your dragon, I suspect they would be anxious if you were gone for four hoofbeats.”

They narrow their eyes in unfamiliarity at the half-slumped harpy prince in the centre of the room. In a voice that's more curious than exasperated, they say, "Prenhite, yes? Were you talking about a war with the dragons?"

@Cursedkaze @Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar

“If you’re all quite done arguing?” says a crisp voice from outside the room, then: "No?"

Hooves trot inside, surveying the gathered familiars coolly. Arcus blinks, and says in clear Common Beastkin, "I didn't catch any of that, but I just wanted to let you all know - Dahik, particularly, I heard your Guardian looking for you on the way here. Your dragons have noticed your absences and will in all likelihood be expecting you back soon."

Arcus inclines their head at the harpy warrior. "Andisum, you should probably go. You’re still visibly wary of your dragon, I suspect they would be anxious if you were gone for four hoofbeats.”

They narrow their eyes in unfamiliarity at the half-slumped harpy prince in the centre of the room. In a voice that's more curious than exasperated, they say, "Prenhite, yes? Were you talking about a war with the dragons?"

gM1MTf9.png
@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar @Toriel [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/13422.png[/img][/center] "[color=green]Sure was.[/color]" The Harpy Prince yawns, perking up a bit at the arrival of the Centaur Archer. "[color=green]If I'm wanted mine will call for me but the rest of you better be looking sharp.[/color]" He warns the other members of the assembly. "[color=green]Not everyone can get away with a lengthy absence, unless you're willing to start something here.[/color]" He stares down the more troublesome members of their council, particularly Blight and Dahik although even he can't stare down a Serthis for long.
@Llanai @Vanquished @Collapsar @Toriel
13422.png

"Sure was." The Harpy Prince yawns, perking up a bit at the arrival of the Centaur Archer.
"If I'm wanted mine will call for me but the rest of you better be looking sharp." He warns the other members of the assembly. "Not everyone can get away with a lengthy absence, unless you're willing to start something here."
He stares down the more troublesome members of their council, particularly Blight and Dahik although even he can't stare down a Serthis for long.
qCJC5AV.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9