Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Accidental War (Private w/StopTheBats)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
@StopTheBats

It was the dry season, and the Chieftain's Village, in the center of the deserts of the Tribe of Blessed Fire's territory, was definitely about as welcoming as the sands surrounding it.

The village wasn't normally a very busy one, despite being the center of life for the entire Blessed Fire tribe. A few armored patrol guards patrolled here and there, but since this heat was nearly unbearable even for the desert dragons, the village was completely quiet.

Taiyo, the relatively inexperienced Chieftain of the tribe, chose this time to make his rounds.

He'd already been out for a couple of hours, and, as usual, was heading to the guardhouse to check up on the day's patrol plans.

He parted the drawn curtain and entered the shabbily built huts. A couple of exhausted-looking guards were lounging about in full armor. But when he glanced down at the table where the maps of patrols were planned out, there was nothing there.

"Hey!" Taiyo called out to nobody in particular. "I thought you were better accustomed to the routine! Where did you put today's plans?!"
@StopTheBats

It was the dry season, and the Chieftain's Village, in the center of the deserts of the Tribe of Blessed Fire's territory, was definitely about as welcoming as the sands surrounding it.

The village wasn't normally a very busy one, despite being the center of life for the entire Blessed Fire tribe. A few armored patrol guards patrolled here and there, but since this heat was nearly unbearable even for the desert dragons, the village was completely quiet.

Taiyo, the relatively inexperienced Chieftain of the tribe, chose this time to make his rounds.

He'd already been out for a couple of hours, and, as usual, was heading to the guardhouse to check up on the day's patrol plans.

He parted the drawn curtain and entered the shabbily built huts. A couple of exhausted-looking guards were lounging about in full armor. But when he glanced down at the table where the maps of patrols were planned out, there was nothing there.

"Hey!" Taiyo called out to nobody in particular. "I thought you were better accustomed to the routine! Where did you put today's plans?!"
@MidnightRaven

As per usual, the dragon supposed to map out the patrols was long gone.

Blaste crept forward at the fringes of the Blessed Fire's territory, hiding in the small brush that grew in the desert. He eyed the territory beyond, a land he was not allowed to touch or even look at.

But this was for a greater purpose. He needed to get higher in the heirarchy, improve his standing. He had big dreams, and they demanded great sacrifices.

If he wanted to impress Erwin, then gaining more land would be the best way to do so.

Sounds of talking came to his ears as the other patrol came into sight. Blaste flattened himself against the ground, watching with wide eyes. The two dragons came closer, talking, ignoring the border.

He loosed a flick of fire magic at them.

They didn't stand a chance.

He fled from the burning dragons, running as fast as his legs would carry him. It would do him no good to be caught at the scene of the crime.
@MidnightRaven

As per usual, the dragon supposed to map out the patrols was long gone.

Blaste crept forward at the fringes of the Blessed Fire's territory, hiding in the small brush that grew in the desert. He eyed the territory beyond, a land he was not allowed to touch or even look at.

But this was for a greater purpose. He needed to get higher in the heirarchy, improve his standing. He had big dreams, and they demanded great sacrifices.

If he wanted to impress Erwin, then gaining more land would be the best way to do so.

Sounds of talking came to his ears as the other patrol came into sight. Blaste flattened himself against the ground, watching with wide eyes. The two dragons came closer, talking, ignoring the border.

He loosed a flick of fire magic at them.

They didn't stand a chance.

He fled from the burning dragons, running as fast as his legs would carry him. It would do him no good to be caught at the scene of the crime.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

No response.

"Bloody morons," Taiyo growled under his breath. "They have one job." He turned to one of the exhausted-looking guards. "Have you seen Kami today? Normally she's in charge of this whole planning bit. Where could she have gone?"

The soldier shrugged. "No idea. We saw her last night, but she didn't show up at sunrise roll call. Maybe she's got a headache again, you know how well she reacts to those."

"No, normally she would send someone to come tell me first. Solaris only knows where she disappeared off to, and I sure as the spirit world know that it's not temple day."

Taiyo lashed his tail in displeasure. If nobody had any idea what the border patrol was because the messengers weren't sent out, then the borders were open and all chaos could break loose.
@StopTheBats

No response.

"Bloody morons," Taiyo growled under his breath. "They have one job." He turned to one of the exhausted-looking guards. "Have you seen Kami today? Normally she's in charge of this whole planning bit. Where could she have gone?"

The soldier shrugged. "No idea. We saw her last night, but she didn't show up at sunrise roll call. Maybe she's got a headache again, you know how well she reacts to those."

"No, normally she would send someone to come tell me first. Solaris only knows where she disappeared off to, and I sure as the spirit world know that it's not temple day."

Taiyo lashed his tail in displeasure. If nobody had any idea what the border patrol was because the messengers weren't sent out, then the borders were open and all chaos could break loose.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste launched himself into the village, tripping and landing on his face. He blinked and clambered to his feet, looking up at the face of the very dragon he'd been trying to impress.

"Where've you been?" Erwin asked, frowning, "the chieftain's been looking for you."

"Oh, gods above, really?" Blaste muttered a few choice swears. "I need an alibi."

"Where... exactly were you?"

Blaste attempted to brush past Erwin. "Not important-"

Erwin caught him by the tail. "Nice try. Now spit it out."
@MidnightRaven

Blaste launched himself into the village, tripping and landing on his face. He blinked and clambered to his feet, looking up at the face of the very dragon he'd been trying to impress.

"Where've you been?" Erwin asked, frowning, "the chieftain's been looking for you."

"Oh, gods above, really?" Blaste muttered a few choice swears. "I need an alibi."

"Where... exactly were you?"

Blaste attempted to brush past Erwin. "Not important-"

Erwin caught him by the tail. "Nice try. Now spit it out."
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Taiyo glanced around at the soldiers. "I want you to deliver the message. Get resources to the borders with Singing Waves and Rustling Leaves. They've been stirring up some trouble lately, and if you think I'm going to let that fly under the radar, well, then you're sadly mistaken. Up on your feet! Let's go!"

Taiyo swept out of the tent and lifted into the air, heading for his tent. He decided to go on patrol himself, but he definitely wanted to get some armor on his hide first. Going unprotected on rival borders was flirting with Shi herself.
@StopTheBats

Taiyo glanced around at the soldiers. "I want you to deliver the message. Get resources to the borders with Singing Waves and Rustling Leaves. They've been stirring up some trouble lately, and if you think I'm going to let that fly under the radar, well, then you're sadly mistaken. Up on your feet! Let's go!"

Taiyo swept out of the tent and lifted into the air, heading for his tent. He decided to go on patrol himself, but he definitely wanted to get some armor on his hide first. Going unprotected on rival borders was flirting with Shi herself.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste gave Erwin a weak smile. "Patrolling."

"The maps weren't laid out. I heard Taiyo yelling about them."

His smile disappeared.

"Did you mess with the border?"

"...No."

"Blaste. I can tell when you're lying."

"...Yes."

Erwin growled. "What did you do? I don't want a war on our hands!"

"Might've... killed a few patrol guards... nothing serious...." Blaste offered him a weak smile.

Erwin stared, incredulous. "You're joking, aren't you? This is a joke."

"It's not a joke."
@MidnightRaven

Blaste gave Erwin a weak smile. "Patrolling."

"The maps weren't laid out. I heard Taiyo yelling about them."

His smile disappeared.

"Did you mess with the border?"

"...No."

"Blaste. I can tell when you're lying."

"...Yes."

Erwin growled. "What did you do? I don't want a war on our hands!"

"Might've... killed a few patrol guards... nothing serious...." Blaste offered him a weak smile.

Erwin stared, incredulous. "You're joking, aren't you? This is a joke."

"It's not a joke."
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Taiyo burst into his tent and grabbed his helmet. He fitted it tightly over his head before turning to one of the servants that he'd inherited from his mother. "Help me get the rest of this on," he growled. "I've got patrol to do."

A few minutes later, the chieftain, wanting to get eyes on the border as quickly as he could, lifted off into the air, heading towards the border with Rustling Leaves. Iaira and her lot had been poking the sleeping viper over there, and he wanted to see just exactly what she'd been doing to try and ward him off.

He briefly passed over two soldiers near the village outskirts, but didn't stop to chat. He would talk to them (interrogating them, probably) about Kami's disappearance later.
@StopTheBats

Taiyo burst into his tent and grabbed his helmet. He fitted it tightly over his head before turning to one of the servants that he'd inherited from his mother. "Help me get the rest of this on," he growled. "I've got patrol to do."

A few minutes later, the chieftain, wanting to get eyes on the border as quickly as he could, lifted off into the air, heading towards the border with Rustling Leaves. Iaira and her lot had been poking the sleeping viper over there, and he wanted to see just exactly what she'd been doing to try and ward him off.

He briefly passed over two soldiers near the village outskirts, but didn't stop to chat. He would talk to them (interrogating them, probably) about Kami's disappearance later.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste and Erwin glanced up at Taiyo.

"You need to go," Erwin hissed to him. "If you stay, it's suspicious."

"Nice to see you're looking out for me," Blaste joked, flashing the other dragon a smile.

Erwin cuffed him upside the head. "Go!"

Blaste took off, flying low under his leader, following closely.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste and Erwin glanced up at Taiyo.

"You need to go," Erwin hissed to him. "If you stay, it's suspicious."

"Nice to see you're looking out for me," Blaste joked, flashing the other dragon a smile.

Erwin cuffed him upside the head. "Go!"

Blaste took off, flying low under his leader, following closely.
NY105Sx.gif
@StopTheBats

Taiyo came to a landing near the border area with Rustling Leaves- a strange oasis sort of place where the desert began to blend in with the rainforest. Normally, the border was filled with patrols or dragons out hunting- more like pushing the border boundaries- but today, it was eerily quiet.

Silence from the warriors on the border of the Tribe of Rustling Leaves was never a good thing. It usually meant an attack- or one of the border guards had gone to face Shi's judgement.

Taiyo inhaled, trying to catch a scent. There was a fresh trail- and the smell of fire. The dragons of the rainforest were rarely followers of Serea. Something was up, and it might be on the end of his tribe.

The chieftain swore under his breath and went to investigate.
@StopTheBats

Taiyo came to a landing near the border area with Rustling Leaves- a strange oasis sort of place where the desert began to blend in with the rainforest. Normally, the border was filled with patrols or dragons out hunting- more like pushing the border boundaries- but today, it was eerily quiet.

Silence from the warriors on the border of the Tribe of Rustling Leaves was never a good thing. It usually meant an attack- or one of the border guards had gone to face Shi's judgement.

Taiyo inhaled, trying to catch a scent. There was a fresh trail- and the smell of fire. The dragons of the rainforest were rarely followers of Serea. Something was up, and it might be on the end of his tribe.

The chieftain swore under his breath and went to investigate.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste watched his leader from afar, feeling apprehensive. Perhaps he should've attempted to clean up his tracks more.

It would not do him any good to be caught, after all. Especially since he was trying to move up in the ranks. Having fingers pointed at him would lower his family's standing.

And then he wouldn't be able to court Erwin, and get even higher.

He frowned, tail swishing against the ground in irritation. He had a bad feeling that Taiyo would catch on fast.
@MidnightRaven

Blaste watched his leader from afar, feeling apprehensive. Perhaps he should've attempted to clean up his tracks more.

It would not do him any good to be caught, after all. Especially since he was trying to move up in the ranks. Having fingers pointed at him would lower his family's standing.

And then he wouldn't be able to court Erwin, and get even higher.

He frowned, tail swishing against the ground in irritation. He had a bad feeling that Taiyo would catch on fast.
NY105Sx.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29