Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [After Being Exalted] - Open
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13
@DoppelBia
The Fae jerked backwards, flaring his wings for balance while his fins flicked back inwards. "If legends are to be believed, the Warden can free them at will, and refreeze them just as easily. Naturally, exaggerations happen over the course of centuries, and travelers do tend to embellish their tales, but even before I was exalted some would come tearing down out of the Fortress yammering on about some demon or other bursting out of the ice."

Patariki chuckled, glad to see the smaller dragon coming out of his shell, even if it was only to lecture. "There are, naturally, dangers here even of the mundane variety-- wolves, impalers, yeti and the like-- but there's no evidence that we can find of any of the creatures entombed here freeing themselves. And it's not like we can go ask the Icewarden himself, now is it?"
@DoppelBia
The Fae jerked backwards, flaring his wings for balance while his fins flicked back inwards. "If legends are to be believed, the Warden can free them at will, and refreeze them just as easily. Naturally, exaggerations happen over the course of centuries, and travelers do tend to embellish their tales, but even before I was exalted some would come tearing down out of the Fortress yammering on about some demon or other bursting out of the ice."

Patariki chuckled, glad to see the smaller dragon coming out of his shell, even if it was only to lecture. "There are, naturally, dangers here even of the mundane variety-- wolves, impalers, yeti and the like-- but there's no evidence that we can find of any of the creatures entombed here freeing themselves. And it's not like we can go ask the Icewarden himself, now is it?"
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
(( Feel free to control some of the Longnecks if you want. :) ))

Starbeam woke from her sleep at the sound of Ursa's voice, and mumbled groggily without opening her eyes. "Just five more minutes, or ten, or an hour.", and she shifted into a comfortable position.

Ursa watched Cephei attempted to scare some of them off, but they stood their ground as if they were battle-hardened warriors.

Just what we needed. Beastclans. As if the war for Dominance wasn't enough. This won't be an easy fight. she thought.

"Starbeam, trouble!" Ursa hollered at her. At that moment, the large Longneck smacked Ursa with his staff. She reeled in pain and whipped her head around and glared at him, blood dripping from a small gash on her back. "Why, I ought ta..."

"You're insolence is punishable by death." He growled at her. "Listen up! We're taking back this land. Now get out or die." The Longneck bellowed angrily at the three dragons.

"You wretched winged vermin took what's rightfully ours, and now were taking it back, by brutal force if we have to!" Another smaller Longneck spoke from the crowd.

Starbeam's eyes snapped open just in time to see Ursa get nailed by the Longneck's staff. "Beastclans!" she shrieked. She burst in to defensive mode and began charging her Arcane magic. "Stand down Longnecks. We have just as much right to live here as you do." Starbeam's voice of reason, however, would not sway them. Their scowls only turned more vicious as they readied their staffs and spears.

@DoppelBia
@Hurricanesong
@Loquaciousky
(( Feel free to control some of the Longnecks if you want. :) ))

Starbeam woke from her sleep at the sound of Ursa's voice, and mumbled groggily without opening her eyes. "Just five more minutes, or ten, or an hour.", and she shifted into a comfortable position.

Ursa watched Cephei attempted to scare some of them off, but they stood their ground as if they were battle-hardened warriors.

Just what we needed. Beastclans. As if the war for Dominance wasn't enough. This won't be an easy fight. she thought.

"Starbeam, trouble!" Ursa hollered at her. At that moment, the large Longneck smacked Ursa with his staff. She reeled in pain and whipped her head around and glared at him, blood dripping from a small gash on her back. "Why, I ought ta..."

"You're insolence is punishable by death." He growled at her. "Listen up! We're taking back this land. Now get out or die." The Longneck bellowed angrily at the three dragons.

"You wretched winged vermin took what's rightfully ours, and now were taking it back, by brutal force if we have to!" Another smaller Longneck spoke from the crowd.

Starbeam's eyes snapped open just in time to see Ursa get nailed by the Longneck's staff. "Beastclans!" she shrieked. She burst in to defensive mode and began charging her Arcane magic. "Stand down Longnecks. We have just as much right to live here as you do." Starbeam's voice of reason, however, would not sway them. Their scowls only turned more vicious as they readied their staffs and spears.

@DoppelBia
@Hurricanesong
@Loquaciousky
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly
((I will then))

"Up!"

The Skydancer yelled a single word at the other two dragons and took to the skies as quickly as he could. Flight was their biggest advantage.

"Parasites! Get down and fight!"
A Longneck from behind the crowd threw a spear straight at Cephei's wing, and he dodged it by very little.

"Starbeam! Ursa! Get as high as your range allows you! If we don't deal with them now, it'll be worse later."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"Alright, then that's it. Show me the way."

Jagiya leaped into the air, the Lightning egg firm on one of her paws, and turned to Blackberry, motioning for him to follow.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

"Well, why not? It's not like he's gonna kill us for that."

He flew up to one of the frozen creatures, coiling himself around it.

"If they're ever freed, they could even help Mr. Freeze fight for dom..."

Almighty was reffering to the Icewarden himself on that last comment, and he didn't seem to regret how he did it.
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly
((I will then))

"Up!"

The Skydancer yelled a single word at the other two dragons and took to the skies as quickly as he could. Flight was their biggest advantage.

"Parasites! Get down and fight!"
A Longneck from behind the crowd threw a spear straight at Cephei's wing, and he dodged it by very little.

"Starbeam! Ursa! Get as high as your range allows you! If we don't deal with them now, it'll be worse later."

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

"Alright, then that's it. Show me the way."

Jagiya leaped into the air, the Lightning egg firm on one of her paws, and turned to Blackberry, motioning for him to follow.

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

"Well, why not? It's not like he's gonna kill us for that."

He flew up to one of the frozen creatures, coiling himself around it.

"If they're ever freed, they could even help Mr. Freeze fight for dom..."

Almighty was reffering to the Icewarden himself on that last comment, and he didn't seem to regret how he did it.
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
> Check out my Dragon Cave!
> or my Chicken Smoothie!
@DoppelBia
"Have you ever actually tried to find a deity's lair?" Arash's fins flicked back, but the edges curled outwards in amusement. "Irreverence aside--" not that he expected much of a Wind dragon-- "the Fortress is labyrinthine. Dragons have been lost for centuries in it, and so far as we've heard no one's actually found the Warden's lair and found their way out again."

"He's a dragon who likes his privacy, if the legends are to be believed," Patariki added. "He's not exactly known for flying out to hold court with exaltees. As for using these... creatures in dominance battles--" the Skydancer brushed a nearby ice-tomb with his tailfeathers-- "if we knew how to direct them, the strategy might be viable, but as it is..." He shrugged, wings resettling against his sides. "More experimentation would be needed. Someone with Arcane powers might be of help, if the rumors of Arcane mind-magic are true, but some dragons--" he shot a narrow-eyed glance at Arash-- "are less than willing to accept that Ice is not the be-all-end-all of magical prowess."
@DoppelBia
"Have you ever actually tried to find a deity's lair?" Arash's fins flicked back, but the edges curled outwards in amusement. "Irreverence aside--" not that he expected much of a Wind dragon-- "the Fortress is labyrinthine. Dragons have been lost for centuries in it, and so far as we've heard no one's actually found the Warden's lair and found their way out again."

"He's a dragon who likes his privacy, if the legends are to be believed," Patariki added. "He's not exactly known for flying out to hold court with exaltees. As for using these... creatures in dominance battles--" the Skydancer brushed a nearby ice-tomb with his tailfeathers-- "if we knew how to direct them, the strategy might be viable, but as it is..." He shrugged, wings resettling against his sides. "More experimentation would be needed. Someone with Arcane powers might be of help, if the rumors of Arcane mind-magic are true, but some dragons--" he shot a narrow-eyed glance at Arash-- "are less than willing to accept that Ice is not the be-all-end-all of magical prowess."
T3mCp93.png tumblr | FR time +3 | they/them
The two Fae quickly heeded Cephei's words and rose as fast as they could to avoid the Longnecks' reach.

Ursa winced as the small wound oozed more blood, and wasn't able to get out of reach before a Longneck grabbed her by the leg and slammed her to the ground. The wound had begun to turn a nasty black color, bubbling at the edges, and she started to feel woozy.

"The powerful Serthis poison is taking its toll on you already. But that's no surprise; you are just a puny excuse for a dragon." The grey Longneck sneered. "Even a small wound will be enough to kill you winged rats."

"Ursa!" Seeing her sister was in danger, Starbeam let loose a mana bolt that exploded and scattered a group of Longnecks around the area and knocked two off the edge of the cliff and into the ocean. Of course! Drive them into the ocean! She charged another attack and sent a flurry of smaller bolts towards the Longnecks' feet, causing a few of them to step backwards towards the cliff edge.

"Fools! Cowards! Don't let them get the best of you! Are we Roan Mice or are we warriors?"

I'm not out for the count, yet. Ursa saw the grey Longneck was distracted and took the opportunity to scurry up his staff and rake her claws across his face. He shrieked in pain and tried to shake her off, but she sank her fangs into his neck and held on tightly.

Meanwhile, the others were throwing their poison-tipped spears at Starbeam and Cephei. Some had even climbed into the crystal oak for a better vantage point.

@DoppelBia
@Hurricanesong
@Loquaciousky
The two Fae quickly heeded Cephei's words and rose as fast as they could to avoid the Longnecks' reach.

Ursa winced as the small wound oozed more blood, and wasn't able to get out of reach before a Longneck grabbed her by the leg and slammed her to the ground. The wound had begun to turn a nasty black color, bubbling at the edges, and she started to feel woozy.

"The powerful Serthis poison is taking its toll on you already. But that's no surprise; you are just a puny excuse for a dragon." The grey Longneck sneered. "Even a small wound will be enough to kill you winged rats."

"Ursa!" Seeing her sister was in danger, Starbeam let loose a mana bolt that exploded and scattered a group of Longnecks around the area and knocked two off the edge of the cliff and into the ocean. Of course! Drive them into the ocean! She charged another attack and sent a flurry of smaller bolts towards the Longnecks' feet, causing a few of them to step backwards towards the cliff edge.

"Fools! Cowards! Don't let them get the best of you! Are we Roan Mice or are we warriors?"

I'm not out for the count, yet. Ursa saw the grey Longneck was distracted and took the opportunity to scurry up his staff and rake her claws across his face. He shrieked in pain and tried to shake her off, but she sank her fangs into his neck and held on tightly.

Meanwhile, the others were throwing their poison-tipped spears at Starbeam and Cephei. Some had even climbed into the crystal oak for a better vantage point.

@DoppelBia
@Hurricanesong
@Loquaciousky
aaaaaaaaa
RdVh6mS.png
aa
Naomi ~ she/they ~ FR +3
Music Share | Wishlist
Art Shop | Hatchery

~ Writing noughts till the end of time...
Meet me where the cliffs greet the sea. ~
aa GdA4c8j.png
@DoppelBia
@Loquaciousky
@DarkDragonfly

---Blackberry---
Blackberry took off and skimmed over the water, trying to use the waves to his advantage. After a few minutes he beat his wings and rose higher before diving deep into the waters of the Tsunami Flats.

(This is going to get interesting now :D. And in other news, I found a Lightning egg and an Ice egg while scavenging... hmm...
@DoppelBia
@Loquaciousky
@DarkDragonfly

---Blackberry---
Blackberry took off and skimmed over the water, trying to use the waves to his advantage. After a few minutes he beat his wings and rose higher before diving deep into the waters of the Tsunami Flats.

(This is going to get interesting now :D. And in other news, I found a Lightning egg and an Ice egg while scavenging... hmm...
>
tumblr_oh6risLJAT1vfeckzo5_r3_250.png oh look
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Somewhat out of reach, Cephei quickly watched as the situation unfolded - he was a strategist, and seeing the Longnecks' numbers, they were in dire need of a good plan.

As Ursa was pulled down and a mana bolt crossed his view, the same idea that ran through Starbeam's mind flashed out as a solution for them. The ocean! Perfect! He flew down, swiping through the Longnecks, and knocking a couple off the cliff.

"Ursa! Watch your back and unarm them! Starbeam, knock them off the ground!"

The plan was formed, or at least most of it. Cephei, being the largest of the three, dove down into the crystal oak, causing it to become unstable against the ground. A spear pierced through one of his wings, and the Skydancer roared, but knocked down whoever threw it with a swipe of his tail.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

Jagiya flew after Blackberry, but stopped shortly before he dove into the water. Even being a Guardian, she wasn't used to swimming (in fact, she had never tried to, at least not for long periods of time), so she landed on a nearby pool edge, holding the egg with her tail, dipped into the water.

((oh great for you ^-^do you have something in mind?))

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

"Huh. Bet I could do it. I once set out to find Windaddy, but the others went after me and pulled me back home. I would have done it, would hav-"

The Spiral suddenly stops in the middle of his sentence and flops down into the ground, much like a ribbon thrown down. After a few seconds he springs back up like nothing had happened.

"-e found him, I can tell you that! And I guess it's not very nice if you can't control the beasts... Yeah."
---Cephei---
@DarkDragonfly

Somewhat out of reach, Cephei quickly watched as the situation unfolded - he was a strategist, and seeing the Longnecks' numbers, they were in dire need of a good plan.

As Ursa was pulled down and a mana bolt crossed his view, the same idea that ran through Starbeam's mind flashed out as a solution for them. The ocean! Perfect! He flew down, swiping through the Longnecks, and knocking a couple off the cliff.

"Ursa! Watch your back and unarm them! Starbeam, knock them off the ground!"

The plan was formed, or at least most of it. Cephei, being the largest of the three, dove down into the crystal oak, causing it to become unstable against the ground. A spear pierced through one of his wings, and the Skydancer roared, but knocked down whoever threw it with a swipe of his tail.

---Jagiya---
@Hurricanesong

Jagiya flew after Blackberry, but stopped shortly before he dove into the water. Even being a Guardian, she wasn't used to swimming (in fact, she had never tried to, at least not for long periods of time), so she landed on a nearby pool edge, holding the egg with her tail, dipped into the water.

((oh great for you ^-^do you have something in mind?))

--Almighty--
@Loquaciousky

"Huh. Bet I could do it. I once set out to find Windaddy, but the others went after me and pulled me back home. I would have done it, would hav-"

The Spiral suddenly stops in the middle of his sentence and flops down into the ground, much like a ribbon thrown down. After a few seconds he springs back up like nothing had happened.

"-e found him, I can tell you that! And I guess it's not very nice if you can't control the beasts... Yeah."
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia
(Yep! My clan has moved, you see, since we're a lot bigger now, and many members have recently died thanks to a terrible sickness. Clan lore stuff. So I think that things will be very changed when Blackberry finds the lair...)
@DoppelBia
(Yep! My clan has moved, you see, since we're a lot bigger now, and many members have recently died thanks to a terrible sickness. Clan lore stuff. So I think that things will be very changed when Blackberry finds the lair...)
>
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
@Hurricanesong
((I know the feel... I moved to arcane recently too, and I haven't written it down yet but basically there was a coup d'etat where Alteon took power and whoever was against it either died fighting or flew to Windsinger))
@Hurricanesong
((I know the feel... I moved to arcane recently too, and I haven't written it down yet but basically there was a coup d'etat where Alteon took power and whoever was against it either died fighting or flew to Windsinger))
OOf4SrF.gif
~
OOf4SrF.gif
uUqCbLO.png
EiPW4qT.png
06xk8gV.png
smPAAMS.png
C08Skw8.png
27AZD8S.png
PRICTGJ.png
zl1ZGZ2.png
FE9pJK1.png
> +4h FR time
@DoppelBia
(Wow, sounds nasty and fascinating. I am almost done exalting my dragons and such myself, so I'll be all set for lore and a nuzlocke soon.)
@DoppelBia
(Wow, sounds nasty and fascinating. I am almost done exalting my dragons and such myself, so I'll be all set for lore and a nuzlocke soon.)
>
an art tumblr
qfhaYao.png
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 12 13