Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Drakos Citadel
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
Kibra listened in carefully, hearing the tense tones relax more and more. Though... the big one appeared to be planning something. He had no idea what or whether or not he should do something. Instead, he kept watching from around a corner, slowly munching on some food, never taring his eyes away from the scene, just in case he had to intervene, or the two left.
Kibra listened in carefully, hearing the tense tones relax more and more. Though... the big one appeared to be planning something. He had no idea what or whether or not he should do something. Instead, he kept watching from around a corner, slowly munching on some food, never taring his eyes away from the scene, just in case he had to intervene, or the two left.
@Staggare @Loveless987

Icon turned completely back around, still swishing her tail. Once again she was flooded with mixed feelings, somewhat annoyed at the hatchling's lack of knowledge but also amused by her innocent offer of help. In the end, she decided that perhaps approaching the old blind dragon directly would be worth the risk. There was plenty of time to plan, of course, and the asset of a low profile was still on her side. Mindlessly, she reached up behind her mask to touch the wound around her eye, like she had done countless times in her life.

"Oh no, that is a fine offer. But I'm afraid this damage was done quite some time ago. I despair that even the gods themselves could fix it. But I have learned to cope. Even the ability to see shadows is useful if it's all you have known."

@Staggare @Loveless987

Icon turned completely back around, still swishing her tail. Once again she was flooded with mixed feelings, somewhat annoyed at the hatchling's lack of knowledge but also amused by her innocent offer of help. In the end, she decided that perhaps approaching the old blind dragon directly would be worth the risk. There was plenty of time to plan, of course, and the asset of a low profile was still on her side. Mindlessly, she reached up behind her mask to touch the wound around her eye, like she had done countless times in her life.

"Oh no, that is a fine offer. But I'm afraid this damage was done quite some time ago. I despair that even the gods themselves could fix it. But I have learned to cope. Even the ability to see shadows is useful if it's all you have known."

I found stars on the tip of your tongue/You speak poltergeist and so do I
dark-dragon-hatchling-water-pixel.gif
"without light, there would be no shadows" She said smiling softly no longer looking for a way to run, this adult did not seem like they would hurt her so she relaxes. "if you like I can go with you to meet the other adult woman... she seems to have a soft spot for young ones..." she walks a little closer slowly waiting to see if Icon did not want her near.

@Lesley @Staggare
"without light, there would be no shadows" She said smiling softly no longer looking for a way to run, this adult did not seem like they would hurt her so she relaxes. "if you like I can go with you to meet the other adult woman... she seems to have a soft spot for young ones..." she walks a little closer slowly waiting to see if Icon did not want her near.

@Lesley @Staggare
Icon perked up instantly, delighted that she had earned Viserion's trust and that there was also an opportunity to meet and evaluate the stranger. Perhaps there was still a chance that she could have her cake and eat it too- although past experiences again told her she was still not in the clear and that it might yet be necessary to tread carefully on this particular exploit. She closed her eyes and again sought that comforting scent of flowers that had once been a day to day occurrence. She made a motion indicating for Viserion to lead her away.

"That would indeed be of great help to me."

Icon perked up instantly, delighted that she had earned Viserion's trust and that there was also an opportunity to meet and evaluate the stranger. Perhaps there was still a chance that she could have her cake and eat it too- although past experiences again told her she was still not in the clear and that it might yet be necessary to tread carefully on this particular exploit. She closed her eyes and again sought that comforting scent of flowers that had once been a day to day occurrence. She made a motion indicating for Viserion to lead her away.

"That would indeed be of great help to me."

((Jeesh this is moving so fast I'm having a hard time keeping up! Also, yeah I don't get a notification unless someone mentions me in a post. That's sorta annoying, wish I could do something about that...))

Thieves, brigands and hatchlings! Such an odd combination. He had intended to watch further, but it soon became apparent that his presence had become known by most everyone with a pair of ears. Voices up above, the hatchling and its companion with the odd ways of moving that made the mirror suspect a deficient of some sort, and his own party of one... At this rate the square would become crowded as the middle of a city day, and certainly they would all draw attention that was entirely unwarranted. Well, for them in any case. The mirror himself quite liked attention!

Whatever. He'd lost interest fairly quickly. The voices on the rooftop seemed unhurried, if somewhat guarded, and the hatchling was a hatchling, simple and rather mundane. Maybe he could make SOMETHING out of it, help search for its parents perhaps? Mayhaps it was an abandoned princeling belonging to a banished kingdom, the heir to the throne. That would be interesting, would give him something to do. And with his inheritance running low as it was, he could certainly bargain for a reward of some sort or another after fighting of some adversary no doubt.

Dropping all pretense of stealth, the mirror let out a loud yawn and sauntered into the square. Finding an area where he could keep an eye on any comings or goings, he leaned against the wall of a building and yawned again, watching all with obvious boredom. Hopefully they'd get on with it soon enough. It would be a shame to head back to the bar with nothing to say for the outing.
((Jeesh this is moving so fast I'm having a hard time keeping up! Also, yeah I don't get a notification unless someone mentions me in a post. That's sorta annoying, wish I could do something about that...))

Thieves, brigands and hatchlings! Such an odd combination. He had intended to watch further, but it soon became apparent that his presence had become known by most everyone with a pair of ears. Voices up above, the hatchling and its companion with the odd ways of moving that made the mirror suspect a deficient of some sort, and his own party of one... At this rate the square would become crowded as the middle of a city day, and certainly they would all draw attention that was entirely unwarranted. Well, for them in any case. The mirror himself quite liked attention!

Whatever. He'd lost interest fairly quickly. The voices on the rooftop seemed unhurried, if somewhat guarded, and the hatchling was a hatchling, simple and rather mundane. Maybe he could make SOMETHING out of it, help search for its parents perhaps? Mayhaps it was an abandoned princeling belonging to a banished kingdom, the heir to the throne. That would be interesting, would give him something to do. And with his inheritance running low as it was, he could certainly bargain for a reward of some sort or another after fighting of some adversary no doubt.

Dropping all pretense of stealth, the mirror let out a loud yawn and sauntered into the square. Finding an area where he could keep an eye on any comings or goings, he leaned against the wall of a building and yawned again, watching all with obvious boredom. Hopefully they'd get on with it soon enough. It would be a shame to head back to the bar with nothing to say for the outing.
Defenders of the Dreaming
Viserion looks down the ally a little fearfully but walks down to see what the hatchling and the larger female where or if they moved on. she pokes her head around the corner looking for where they where "promise you won't leave?" she asked softly back at Icon not trusting the other adults as of yet. she steps back when the new male just walks right in and thinks about hiding behind Icon before poking her head back around.

@Lesley @Staggare @ArcusofBrambles
Viserion looks down the ally a little fearfully but walks down to see what the hatchling and the larger female where or if they moved on. she pokes her head around the corner looking for where they where "promise you won't leave?" she asked softly back at Icon not trusting the other adults as of yet. she steps back when the new male just walks right in and thinks about hiding behind Icon before poking her head back around.

@Lesley @Staggare @ArcusofBrambles
@Staggare @Loveless987

( @ArcusofBrambles If it helps, not a -ton- has happened and it's only moving so fast because it's been a back and force conversation between Icon and Viserion, so don't feel like you've been left out of an adventure or anything)

The request echoed through Icon's head, cutting deeply into her thoughts. She had just been asked to make a commitment she was fully aware the ramifications of, but at the same time didn't feel that any harm could come of it. This was her opportunity to protect Viserion if the need arose, and she was fine with that, although not entirely confident in her ability to do so.

"I can promise you that."

She was simultaneously aware of the Mirror dragon nearby, but decided not to bother as he seemed disinterested and non-threatening. Besides, her thoughts where heavily distracted, and at this point his presence seemed trivial.
@Staggare @Loveless987

( @ArcusofBrambles If it helps, not a -ton- has happened and it's only moving so fast because it's been a back and force conversation between Icon and Viserion, so don't feel like you've been left out of an adventure or anything)

The request echoed through Icon's head, cutting deeply into her thoughts. She had just been asked to make a commitment she was fully aware the ramifications of, but at the same time didn't feel that any harm could come of it. This was her opportunity to protect Viserion if the need arose, and she was fine with that, although not entirely confident in her ability to do so.

"I can promise you that."

She was simultaneously aware of the Mirror dragon nearby, but decided not to bother as he seemed disinterested and non-threatening. Besides, her thoughts where heavily distracted, and at this point his presence seemed trivial.
(I don't think @LiraRaximir is online right now so what should happen now? @Lesley @Staggare @ArcusofBrambles and myself seems to be online but I need to pack it in 1:50 am is not good with work in the morning XD)
(I don't think @LiraRaximir is online right now so what should happen now? @Lesley @Staggare @ArcusofBrambles and myself seems to be online but I need to pack it in 1:50 am is not good with work in the morning XD)
( @Loveless987 If you're gonna crash I'm find with halting the RP until tomorrow. When Lira gets back on tomorrow or whatever I need to ask about how many characters we can play, because having my other wildclaw Achos in the RP would make it easier to interact with more people and add a bit to Icon's interactions as well.)
( @Loveless987 If you're gonna crash I'm find with halting the RP until tomorrow. When Lira gets back on tomorrow or whatever I need to ask about how many characters we can play, because having my other wildclaw Achos in the RP would make it easier to interact with more people and add a bit to Icon's interactions as well.)
( @Lesley thanks I need my sleep, am sorry for getting you guys to halt the rp, if you want you three can go on and Viserion can just hide behind Icon XD good night everyone)
( @Lesley thanks I need my sleep, am sorry for getting you guys to halt the rp, if you want you three can go on and Viserion can just hide behind Icon XD good night everyone)
1 2 ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13