Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [Fest Skin Challenge] I give YOU 500g
@dems @mythicalviper is the early bird thing still open? The early bird thing says nov 1st or the rockbreaker thread opening, whichever is latest, and the rockbreaker thread hasnt opened yet. But it also says i cant edit the post after oct 30 or i wont be eligible and i posted my submission today. Sorry to bother, im just confused
@dems @mythicalviper is the early bird thing still open? The early bird thing says nov 1st or the rockbreaker thread opening, whichever is latest, and the rockbreaker thread hasnt opened yet. But it also says i cant edit the post after oct 30 or i wont be eligible and i posted my submission today. Sorry to bother, im just confused
@neeroo

I know I'm getting back to you a few days late, but thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to fix it for the official thread if I decide to go with the concept (though I honestly might redo the design overall). I'll keep your offer of help in mind, since some parts of the skin/accent making process confuse me a little.
@neeroo

I know I'm getting back to you a few days late, but thanks for pointing that out. I'll be sure to fix it for the official thread if I decide to go with the concept (though I honestly might redo the design overall). I'll keep your offer of help in mind, since some parts of the skin/accent making process confuse me a little.
XFjPUms.png[An error has occurred. Please try again later.]YlbAFZL.png
@4phoenixfeathers

Yes, early bird is still open! The Oct 30th is a typo, edits should not be done after the entry thread is posted!

I think I've added everyone/updated everyone's entry who pinged me since the last update! If your entry hasn't been added please ping me again with a link to it, I'll get it added ASAP.

For anyone who was asking for advice with their skin entry, please don't take me adding your entry as confirmation that everything is fine! I'm just here to help with the management, I don't have a lot of experience with skin making and don't feel qualified to give any advice on that front. MythicalViper will take a look when she gets online and let you know if there's things you need to change!

Remember to follow the entry rules here, and put both skins (if you're submitting two) in one post! You'll only get one ticket, but we'd still love to see and show off your work.

The deadline for early bird skin entries is when the official thread is posted! Once that thread has been posted, entry to the Earth Sprite raffle will close, and a ping will be sent out with instructions on how to be eligible for the 500g participation reward.

@4phoenixfeathers

Yes, early bird is still open! The Oct 30th is a typo, edits should not be done after the entry thread is posted!

I think I've added everyone/updated everyone's entry who pinged me since the last update! If your entry hasn't been added please ping me again with a link to it, I'll get it added ASAP.

For anyone who was asking for advice with their skin entry, please don't take me adding your entry as confirmation that everything is fine! I'm just here to help with the management, I don't have a lot of experience with skin making and don't feel qualified to give any advice on that front. MythicalViper will take a look when she gets online and let you know if there's things you need to change!

Remember to follow the entry rules here, and put both skins (if you're submitting two) in one post! You'll only get one ticket, but we'd still love to see and show off your work.

The deadline for early bird skin entries is when the official thread is posted! Once that thread has been posted, entry to the Earth Sprite raffle will close, and a ping will be sent out with instructions on how to be eligible for the 500g participation reward.

various dragon and non-dragon adopts that change on each page reload
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dems
they/them

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lightning vacation!

spreadsheets
wishlist
@dems

Hi! I checked the spreadsheet and my entry wasn't updated with the new version ^^'

Here is the link to my updated entry
@dems

Hi! I checked the spreadsheet and my entry wasn't updated with the new version ^^'

Here is the link to my updated entry
aure
she/her
fr +2
skincents
70YUgVu.png
@dems @mythicalviper here's my entry!! hoping im not too late ^^ (i'll likely edit this post with new image urls when i get a chance to tomorrow since they're thru discord for now..!) [center][b][u]painted canyon - for imperial M[/b][/u] [img]https://i.imgur.com/VAet5HV.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/VsTD5eu.png[/img]
@dems @mythicalviper

here's my entry!! hoping im not too late ^^ (i'll likely edit this post with new image urls when i get a chance to tomorrow since they're thru discord for now..!)
painted canyon - for imperial M
VAet5HV.png
VsTD5eu.png
KQfu0qB.pngmQGFe0l.pngcLVJ9oi.png
vJGwSlb.png
nnnnnnnn
...--LrfqDPy.png

mir | he/him
+0 FR | about

-uhdIsMx.png uhdIsMx.png
nnnnnnnn
KomDGV6.pngjtUkEZ1.pngmrCLL3X.png
vJGwSlb.png
@Aurelyon

You might need to refresh your cache - it's been updated!

@mimirr

Ping me again once you've updated your image so I can replace it in the backend!
@Aurelyon

You might need to refresh your cache - it's been updated!

@mimirr

Ping me again once you've updated your image so I can replace it in the backend!
various dragon and non-dragon adopts that change on each page reload
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
dems
they/them

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
lightning vacation!

spreadsheets
wishlist
@Chingoo your entry looks great! (lovely colors by the way). I would darken the shadows and lines on the final version to make sure it's not disqualified for such. If you are doing the shadows and lines prior to resize, I would recommend resizing first and then adding the shadows and lines.

@TheDraconicBard oooh amethyst! I would resize the sketch first to make sure all of the rocks show up at 350x350. In addition, while the concept and sketch themselves are fine, you may want more irregular shapes/sizes for variation purposes, since that would help prevent trypophobic interpretations ^^

@Wolfspeaker the skin/concept looks great! however your entry won't qualify until you provide us with a 350x350. To enter for the early bird raffle, your entry must be finalized.

If you're using CSP, you can resize by following the below steps: Edit (located on top in toolbar) > Change Image Resolution > Set Width and Height both to 350. The PSD will then resize the image and you can export the correctly sized image.

I would also recommend darkening shadows and lines on your skin, since it looks fine at 750x750 but the lines and shadows will likely be illegible at 350x350. Please remember to ping both dems and I when you provide a final version so we can add you to the raffle!

If I missed anyone, please give me a ping again! Happy arting <3
@Chingoo your entry looks great! (lovely colors by the way). I would darken the shadows and lines on the final version to make sure it's not disqualified for such. If you are doing the shadows and lines prior to resize, I would recommend resizing first and then adding the shadows and lines.

@TheDraconicBard oooh amethyst! I would resize the sketch first to make sure all of the rocks show up at 350x350. In addition, while the concept and sketch themselves are fine, you may want more irregular shapes/sizes for variation purposes, since that would help prevent trypophobic interpretations ^^

@Wolfspeaker the skin/concept looks great! however your entry won't qualify until you provide us with a 350x350. To enter for the early bird raffle, your entry must be finalized.

If you're using CSP, you can resize by following the below steps: Edit (located on top in toolbar) > Change Image Resolution > Set Width and Height both to 350. The PSD will then resize the image and you can export the correctly sized image.

I would also recommend darkening shadows and lines on your skin, since it looks fine at 750x750 but the lines and shadows will likely be illegible at 350x350. Please remember to ping both dems and I when you provide a final version so we can add you to the raffle!

If I missed anyone, please give me a ping again! Happy arting <3
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png
@MythicalViper Thanks! I lightened parts of the skin near the lines that were hard to see. (I haven't touched lines/shadows; they're the default that come with the skin files, so basically the skin is just too dark in some places.) Does this look better? I tried to be subtle with lightening it, but definitely let me know if I need to nuke the dark bits. [img]https://i.imgur.com/FadLlEl.png[/img] Edit: @dems Hiyas! I'd like to change my fest submission to the above image. I'm not sure it's light enough, but it's certainly lighter than the previous one, so I figure it has a higher chance of not being disqualified for being too dark. [s]I might lighten it again before the thread goes up if it still seems too dark, so apologies in advance for all the pings.[/s] I'm done! I gotta stop looking at it so I don't feel compelled to make last minute changes.
@MythicalViper

Thanks! I lightened parts of the skin near the lines that were hard to see. (I haven't touched lines/shadows; they're the default that come with the skin files, so basically the skin is just too dark in some places.) Does this look better? I tried to be subtle with lightening it, but definitely let me know if I need to nuke the dark bits.

FadLlEl.png

Edit: @dems Hiyas! I'd like to change my fest submission to the above image. I'm not sure it's light enough, but it's certainly lighter than the previous one, so I figure it has a higher chance of not being disqualified for being too dark. I might lighten it again before the thread goes up if it still seems too dark, so apologies in advance for all the pings. I'm done! I gotta stop looking at it so I don't feel compelled to make last minute changes.
jM82R8f.pngChingoobot.gif
@dems @mythicalviper Been wanting to make something for awhile but inspiration didn't strike until today. Please let me know if you see any potential issues, such as if I've gone too dark and the shading is too hard to see. [center] [b][u]Minmi Unearthed[/u][/b] - for Snapper Female (final version) [img]https://i.imgur.com/7V4ZB2A.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/2TckFNk.png[/img] [/center] [b]Example[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/SanFDPH.png[/img] Inspired by the first digsite and the Minmi discovered there! The lowjaw minmi in particular this color pattern was pulled from has a proclivity for dirt, which fits right in to Earth, and I wanted to add in an additional fossil element as well.
@dems @mythicalviper

Been wanting to make something for awhile but inspiration didn't strike until today. Please let me know if you see any potential issues, such as if I've gone too dark and the shading is too hard to see.

Minmi Unearthed - for Snapper Female (final version)

7V4ZB2A.png

2TckFNk.png

Example

SanFDPH.png

Inspired by the first digsite and the Minmi discovered there! The lowjaw minmi in particular this color pattern was pulled from has a proclivity for dirt, which fits right in to Earth, and I wanted to add in an additional fossil element as well.

CVX0Ylh.png
@Chingoo that looks good! the skin's colors aren't the issue, I think maybe the shadows/lines are too light of a color or not on a multiply layer ^^ I think that should work though!

@Dreadnoughtus that looks great! I don't think it's too dark ^^
@Chingoo that looks good! the skin's colors aren't the issue, I think maybe the shadows/lines are too light of a color or not on a multiply layer ^^ I think that should work though!

@Dreadnoughtus that looks great! I don't think it's too dark ^^
uPDF3lw.pngX2PAJU7.gifg56Nt7u.png badge-1-100x100.pngRVjFQtg.png