Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | FF: Hottest Forger 2021 (CLOSED)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/71450470][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=71450470&skin=12081&apparel=15135,15709,15725,15741,6272,3632,24052,1094,4784&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [b]Saena[/b] makes it just in time for his act, he holds himself well, as if his vulnerability from the previous day had vanished. The rigid yet elegant dragon from day one has returned, with the exception of carrying a fire tome. The Pearlcatcher is tailed by a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/57067876]Skydancer[/url] the color of fading jewelry, his deep blue eyes an oddity in this setting. What is a water dragon doing here? And is that a bowl of water he's carrying? "I suppose it is no surprise that I shall be showing off a bit of my magic today, but I do hope you will find my act rather unique." The Pearlcatcher, though not stumbling over his words, is speaking quiet hastily. "This is Halcyon," He nods to the Skydancer "I hope you do not mind, but I need his assistance, I have less practice with this magic and require an anchor." He gives a small bow to the judges and winks at them, his yellow eyes flickering like small suns beset by silky fire. Saena then turns to the audience and reaches out his claws as if beckoning something. The audience sits in silent suspense, tense and curious. Flames slowly flicker to life and pull towards Saena from the air, licking at his paws, desiring to engulf him it seems, but they lurch and dance over his head with a wave of his arm. The fire grows to a roaring, hungry mass of brilliance flowing like water across the stage, arcing and lunging, but never do the flames consume the flammable materials they cross. It is when the blaze reaches Halcyon that it pauses, curling around him, he looks disconcerted by the heat but unafraid. In a swift motion from Saena the fire spirals up and over Halcyon, he quickly disappears in an inferno so bright it is almost blinding. For several brief moments there is complete silence and the stage is still, no signs of pain, not even of the dragon entrapped by the artificial starlight. Then suddenly the wall of fire bursts as Saena flings his arms and wings open. Behind the shower of sparks is the Skydancer, untouched. As the embers collect into a ribbon of heat once more, the water within the bowl Halcyon is holding ripples. For a moment, it seems the water will stay in the bowl, but as quickly as that doubt comes to mind, it snakes out of the bowl into another long ribbon and dances alongside the fire. The two coalesce into two swirling rings, night and day, side by side. The flames spit and flare, but the water soothes and extinguishes the angry fire. In fact, the two complement each other rather well, accentuating the other with sparks of light and ripples of cool fire, a mirror held to a star, beautiful. Saena's throws something with a flash, before the two rings are released from his hold and fling into the crowd, the fire never touches the audience, but the water carries with it small gems, at least one for every onlooker. The Pearlcatcher huffs, though not obvious, he is exhausted by relief and strain. "That, my lovely spectators, is a token from my clan." Without further explanation of how he did any of this, Saena gives a long, deep bow, and exits the stage with Halcyon following close behind.
dragon?did=71450470&skin=12081&apparel=15135,15709,15725,15741,6272,3632,24052,1094,4784&xt=dressing.png

Saena makes it just in time for his act, he holds himself well, as if his vulnerability from the previous day had vanished. The rigid yet elegant dragon from day one has returned, with the exception of carrying a fire tome.

The Pearlcatcher is tailed by a Skydancer the color of fading jewelry, his deep blue eyes an oddity in this setting. What is a water dragon doing here? And is that a bowl of water he's carrying?

"I suppose it is no surprise that I shall be showing off a bit of my magic today, but I do hope you will find my act rather unique." The Pearlcatcher, though not stumbling over his words, is speaking quiet hastily.

"This is Halcyon," He nods to the Skydancer "I hope you do not mind, but I need his assistance, I have less practice with this magic and require an anchor." He gives a small bow to the judges and winks at them, his yellow eyes flickering like small suns beset by silky fire.

Saena then turns to the audience and reaches out his claws as if beckoning something. The audience sits in silent suspense, tense and curious.

Flames slowly flicker to life and pull towards Saena from the air, licking at his paws, desiring to engulf him it seems, but they lurch and dance over his head with a wave of his arm. The fire grows to a roaring, hungry mass of brilliance flowing like water across the stage, arcing and lunging, but never do the flames consume the flammable materials they cross.

It is when the blaze reaches Halcyon that it pauses, curling around him, he looks disconcerted by the heat but unafraid. In a swift motion from Saena the fire spirals up and over Halcyon, he quickly disappears in an inferno so bright it is almost blinding. For several brief moments there is complete silence and the stage is still, no signs of pain, not even of the dragon entrapped by the artificial starlight. Then suddenly the wall of fire bursts as Saena flings his arms and wings open. Behind the shower of sparks is the Skydancer, untouched.

As the embers collect into a ribbon of heat once more, the water within the bowl Halcyon is holding ripples. For a moment, it seems the water will stay in the bowl, but as quickly as that doubt comes to mind, it snakes out of the bowl into another long ribbon and dances alongside the fire. The two coalesce into two swirling rings, night and day, side by side. The flames spit and flare, but the water soothes and extinguishes the angry fire. In fact, the two complement each other rather well, accentuating the other with sparks of light and ripples of cool fire, a mirror held to a star, beautiful.

Saena's throws something with a flash, before the two rings are released from his hold and fling into the crowd, the fire never touches the audience, but the water carries with it small gems, at least one for every onlooker.

The Pearlcatcher huffs, though not obvious, he is exhausted by relief and strain. "That, my lovely spectators, is a token from my clan." Without further explanation of how he did any of this, Saena gives a long, deep bow, and exits the stage with Halcyon following close behind.
====== Wayword/Wander
He/They/It
Flight Rising +2
8Tc4Dzt.png
iW7O9Ef.png YbKpooC.png
Flexible-divider-end-cap.pngBZCmJj6.pngFlexible-divider-end-cap.png
gPwtjqg.png
======
[center]------- [b]Day Three[/b] ------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=69114056&skin=32054&apparel=20850,444,12529,11226,26563,6953,28802,25045,25047,25046,5161,27150,26564,26566,26568,26567,26565,23997,10882&xt=dressing.png[/img] ------- [b]If Looks Could Kill[/b] ------- [i]Starring Gluttony as "The Phoenix" Guest Starring Greed E. Moremoney as "The Roadkill (A.K.A. 'The Raven')"[/i] As the lights slowly begin fade from white to grey, a beast emerges from the darkness with the intent to slay. His magnificent feathers glow from beneath an ember wind, as he proceeds to recite a story of turmoil and sin. ------- [img]https://i.imgur.com/WhwaZEd.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/38536.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/qVxiGQR.png[/img] [i]"Beneath plumage of feather and pile of bone, Lie fragments of relics and remnants of home".[/i] [i] [The feathered beast glides gracefully across the stage, only to crouch upon a pile of bone. He gazes down thoughfully at the remnants of his past, as he rests his wings delicately along the crest of his makeshift throne. As cardboard cutouts begin to emerge of ashen trees and scattered bone, those in the audience can barely supress a laugh. For a small pair of legs can be seen scurrying frantically behind cardboard props and beyond artificial plumes of ash.][/i] ------- [img]https://i.imgur.com/Np9vEMr.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/578.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Np9vEMr.png[/img] [i]"The hunger trickles among rivers of rubble and hotbeds of sin, One must tread with caution, so as not to stir the beast from his den".[/i] [i][A large egg has appeared just beyond center stage. Towards it a small raven stalks, surrounded by paper flames. As he quickly approaches, the fan's gusts of wind are so strong that they threaten to blow him away. So the little bird flaps his crude wings and emits a frightened caw, before tossing himself into a cardboard display.][/i] ------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/21375.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/46.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/21375.png[/img] [i]"From ashes to ashes and from dust to dust, The hunger shall fizzle and sow seeds of mistrust".[/i] [[i]The raven lets out one last caw, as he is squashed by a cardboard tree. As plumes of smoke begin to rise, he falls to the ground in a pile of feathers and can't help but to cackle with glee.][/i] ------- [img]https://i.imgur.com/wwTCUqZ.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/3xiADLN.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/oXLHcMt.png[/img] [i]"And yet, from those fallen ashes, a majestic phoenix shall rise. For beneath his winged glory he, alone, is destined to wield the grand prize".[/i] ------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/26205-5.png[/img] [i]As the Phoenix begins to rise from the ashes, his frusteration has finally hit its peak. For it is only then that the pile of roadkill suddenly begins to speak.[/i] ------- [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62542853&skin=0&apparel=32034,444,26563,6953,28800,26139,28802,25047,25045,25046,5161,27150,26564,33174,26566,26568,26567,26565,15715&xt=dressing.png[/img] [i]"Caw, caw! You cawn save more money on your caw insurance by switching to...."[/i] ------- The Phoenix lurches lurches ravenously over the mongrel to quickly silence his beak, for he would not allow this fool one free moment to continue to speak. Gazing down at the pile of roadkill, Gluttony couldn't help but to shake his head. For if his looks could kill, then this fickle Fae would very much be dead. -------[/center]

Day Three
dragon?did=69114056&skin=32054&apparel=20850,444,12529,11226,26563,6953,28802,25045,25047,25046,5161,27150,26564,26566,26568,26567,26565,23997,10882&xt=dressing.png
If Looks Could Kill
Starring Gluttony as "The Phoenix"
Guest Starring Greed E. Moremoney as "The Roadkill (A.K.A. 'The Raven')"

As the lights slowly begin fade from white to grey, a beast emerges from the darkness with the intent to slay. His magnificent feathers glow from beneath an ember wind, as he proceeds to recite a story of turmoil and sin.
WhwaZEd.png38536.pngqVxiGQR.png
"Beneath plumage of feather and pile of bone,
Lie fragments of relics and remnants of home".

[The feathered beast glides gracefully across the stage, only to crouch upon a pile of bone. He gazes down thoughfully at the remnants of his past, as he rests his wings delicately along the crest of his makeshift throne. As cardboard cutouts begin to emerge of ashen trees and scattered bone, those in the audience can barely supress a laugh. For a small pair of legs can be seen scurrying frantically behind cardboard props and beyond artificial plumes of ash.]

Np9vEMr.png578.pngNp9vEMr.png
"The hunger trickles among rivers of rubble and hotbeds of sin,
One must tread with caution, so as not to stir the beast from his den".

[A large egg has appeared just beyond center stage. Towards it a small raven stalks, surrounded by paper flames. As he quickly approaches, the fan's gusts of wind are so strong that they threaten to blow him away. So the little bird flaps his crude wings and emits a frightened caw, before tossing himself into a cardboard display.]
21375.png46.png21375.png
"From ashes to ashes and from dust to dust,
The hunger shall fizzle and sow seeds of mistrust".

[The raven lets out one last caw, as he is squashed by a cardboard tree. As plumes of smoke begin to rise, he falls to the ground in a pile of feathers and can't help but to cackle with glee.]
wwTCUqZ.png3xiADLN.pngoXLHcMt.png
"And yet, from those fallen ashes, a majestic phoenix shall rise.
For beneath his winged glory he, alone, is destined to wield the grand prize".

26205-5.png
As the Phoenix begins to rise from the ashes, his frusteration has finally hit its peak. For it is only then that the pile of roadkill suddenly begins to speak.
dragon?did=62542853&skin=0&apparel=32034,444,26563,6953,28800,26139,28802,25047,25045,25046,5161,27150,26564,33174,26566,26568,26567,26565,15715&xt=dressing.png
"Caw, caw! You cawn save more money on your caw insurance by switching to...."
The Phoenix lurches lurches ravenously over the mongrel to quickly silence his beak, for he would not allow this fool one free moment to continue to speak. Gazing down at the pile of roadkill, Gluttony couldn't help but to shake his head. For if his looks could kill, then this fickle Fae would very much be dead.
QZsv8ej.png
[img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/714881911595597857/880202811101577276/dragon.png[/img][outfit=1695414] "A talent... How could I showcase my talent ... my talent involves fighting but ... can i really fight on stage?? I need something clever to showcase what i can do ..." Hephaestus turned to the audience and glanced over at [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/58114192]Fluorescent[/url] , his best friend and companion that made him join this competition in the first place, and he had an idea! He quietly called her over and explained his plan to her. "Fluor. I want you to hit me as hard as you can." "What?!?" she replied in pure surprise and disbelief, whenever she had asked Hephaestus to spare with her he always found it pointless since his enemies are usually much different, being made of steel and all. "I want to show how much endurance and stamina i have to the judges since this round we need to showcase our talents" he exclaimed, sounding way too excited "oh so are we just going to spare on stage? that might get a bit boring after a bit ... hmm... oh! what if we try something different?" "OH like what?!" hephaestus looks at her with a flaming glow in his eyes *they both go back and forth, figuring out the details for his talent demonstration, and after they're all ready, they go ask the staff for two very specific items, and wait for Hephaestus' turn Finally , once he gets called, he explains to the judges -and the audience- the "game" he's going to try out with his friend. They're standing in both ends of the stage, each one with a Luminax Plushie behind them, and hephaestus sets an hourglass on stage to give a bit of pressure and to also not spare for half an hour. "The objective of this game is for me, or my friend, to protect our luminax plushies! I hope its okay that I brought a special guest on stage, its just that my particular talent is defending, and I can't really do that without an attacker! And my friend here especializes in hitting heavy. You dont wanna fight for your honour with her. She's tough." Fluor continues "we can use any type of attack to try to get the other to break their defense, but the main point is that we protect our plushie!" Hephaestus lowers his head into a [i]bring it on[/i] posture "ready?" Fluorescent nods at that and they begin the battle. Fluorescent does not have pity for her friend and goes all out, using scratches, lightning, trying to land eliminates, doing anything she can to get to the plush on Hephaestus's side. The boy hardly moves from his spot, taking all of her attacks like a rock. They stay like this for 3 minutes, the audience gasping and at the edge of their seats trying to tell how much time is left on that hourglass, Fluor wonders that as well, and glances over for a second. Hephaestus notices and tackles her hard as she loses her focus and balance. He then dashes over to the plushie and carefuly bites and picks it up with his mouth. The plushie has some burning from Fluor's display of lightning, meanwhile, Hephaestus' plushie is as new as ever, untouched by anything as the wildclaw used his entire body to protect it They're now both exhausted, and they both bow down and quietly leave the stage as the hourglass' last grain of sand falls down. The audience still in disbelief at how fast the battle turned around.
dragon.png
BATTLE

"A talent... How could I showcase my talent ... my talent involves fighting but ... can i really fight on stage?? I need something clever to showcase what i can do ..."

Hephaestus turned to the audience and glanced over at Fluorescent , his best friend and companion that made him join this competition in the first place, and he had an idea! He quietly called her over and explained his plan to her.

"Fluor. I want you to hit me as hard as you can."

"What?!?" she replied in pure surprise and disbelief, whenever she had asked Hephaestus to spare with her he always found it pointless since his enemies are usually much different, being made of steel and all.

"I want to show how much endurance and stamina i have to the judges since this round we need to showcase our talents" he exclaimed, sounding way too excited

"oh so are we just going to spare on stage? that might get a bit boring after a bit ... hmm... oh! what if we try something different?"

"OH like what?!" hephaestus looks at her with a flaming glow in his eyes
*they both go back and forth, figuring out the details for his talent demonstration, and after they're all ready, they go ask the staff for two very specific items, and wait for Hephaestus' turn

Finally , once he gets called, he explains to the judges -and the audience- the "game" he's going to try out with his friend. They're standing in both ends of the stage, each one with a Luminax Plushie behind them, and hephaestus sets an hourglass on stage to give a bit of pressure and to also not spare for half an hour.

"The objective of this game is for me, or my friend, to protect our luminax plushies! I hope its okay that I brought a special guest on stage, its just that my particular talent is defending, and I can't really do that without an attacker! And my friend here especializes in hitting heavy. You dont wanna fight for your honour with her. She's tough."

Fluor continues "we can use any type of attack to try to get the other to break their defense, but the main point is that we protect our plushie!"

Hephaestus lowers his head into a bring it on posture "ready?" Fluorescent nods at that and they begin the battle.

Fluorescent does not have pity for her friend and goes all out, using scratches, lightning, trying to land eliminates, doing anything she can to get to the plush on Hephaestus's side. The boy hardly moves from his spot, taking all of her attacks like a rock. They stay like this for 3 minutes, the audience gasping and at the edge of their seats trying to tell how much time is left on that hourglass, Fluor wonders that as well, and glances over for a second. Hephaestus notices and tackles her hard as she loses her focus and balance. He then dashes over to the plushie and carefuly bites and picks it up with his mouth. The plushie has some burning from Fluor's display of lightning, meanwhile, Hephaestus' plushie is as new as ever, untouched by anything as the wildclaw used his entire body to protect it

They're now both exhausted, and they both bow down and quietly leave the stage as the hourglass' last grain of sand falls down. The audience still in disbelief at how fast the battle turned around.

[center][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/862415997407330356/875128977092665414/dummy2.png[/img] [font=Century][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667212]Rules [/url]• [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667213]How this Works[/url] •[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667214]Categories [/url]• [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667215]Contestants [/url]• [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667216]Prizes [/url]• [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667232]Acknowledgement [/url]• [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3047281/1#post_48667233]Festival Hub[/url][/center] [center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/cf06171709abf64fa9577869a65de85e/tumblr_inline_o25fv9fuT31r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67747951][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/677480/67747951p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/67204495][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/672045/67204495p.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61096784][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/610968/61096784p.png[/img][/url] "Hello again everybody!" the masked Skydancer greets, waving from his place at a table. An empty plate and clean utensils sit in front of him, with a matching set before the other judges as well. "We are now entering the fourth day of Hottest Forger: the Cooking Contest! Now, some of you might be thinking that cooking can also be a talent... and you'd be right, but we're having a cooking round anyway! Besides, us fire members love our food and host a bunch of food related events, so why not add cooking to Hottest Forger too? We're pretty well known for forging excellent weapons and armor, but I'm sure there's plenty of dragons here who can forge a good meal too." "Now, onto the official business. Unfortunately, last round was the first round in which some participants were eliminated. To decide this, we have assigned each participant with a number as shown below: Nallyn (M42) - 1 Krakatoa (Bxy26) - 2 Kleo (nobooks) - 3 Sparky (Medievalredragon) - 4 & 5 Chimera (LemonySnaket) - 6 Equinox (Sylvidoptera) - 7 Tytikoa (Saphira455) - 8 Venice (dreamclaws) - 9 Hegi (VonSeckendorff) - 10 & 11 Haze (Sidegrinder) - 12 Juno (Tenrecidae) - 13 Ethral (NHDark) - 14 Saena (KingKirin) - 15 Gluttony (FinalFlight) - 16 Hephaestus (Thunderfang) - 17 1st round: 0 eliminations, 19 left (1 no show eliminated) 2nd: 0 eliminations, 18 left (1 no show eliminated) 3rd: 6 eliminations, 11 left (2 no shows eliminated) - 11 participants entering round 4 - 4th: 5 eliminations, 6 left 5th: 3 eliminations, 3 left 6th: 1 elimination, 2 left 7th: 1 elimination, 1 winner "Moving on to the next round are: @M42, @Sidegrinder, @LemonySnaket, @Thunderfang, @Tenrecidae, @NHDark, @Medievalredragon, @nobooks, @Saphira455, @VonSeckendorff, and @FinalFlight. I am sad to announce that the following participants will [b]not[/b] be proceeding to the next round: @Bxy26, @Sylvidoptera, @dreamclaws, @KingKirin, @SilentWanderer, @NlCKname. However, all of you will still be eligible for prizes in the raffle as well as the participation badge! Another ping will be sent out when the event ends with more information on the raffle." "Once again, we judges aren't choosing who goes through or not during this Hottest Forger - unless you bribe us - but we're still hungry to see what recipes you have to feed us! We'd also like to remind everyone to please remember to have your meal submitted before 16:00 tomorrow, or you'll be eliminated as a no show. Now, let the fourth round begin!"[/center] [center][url=http://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]http://78.media.tumblr.com/cf06171709abf64fa9577869a65de85e/tumblr_inline_o25fv9fuT31r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center]
tumblr_inline_o25fv9fuT31r3lvtf_500.png
67747951p.png67204495p.png61096784p.png

"Hello again everybody!" the masked Skydancer greets, waving from his place at a table. An empty plate and clean utensils sit in front of him, with a matching set before the other judges as well. "We are now entering the fourth day of Hottest Forger: the Cooking Contest! Now, some of you might be thinking that cooking can also be a talent... and you'd be right, but we're having a cooking round anyway! Besides, us fire members love our food and host a bunch of food related events, so why not add cooking to Hottest Forger too? We're pretty well known for forging excellent weapons and armor, but I'm sure there's plenty of dragons here who can forge a good meal too."

"Now, onto the official business. Unfortunately, last round was the first round in which some participants were eliminated. To decide this, we have assigned each participant with a number as shown below:

Nallyn (M42) - 1
Krakatoa (Bxy26) - 2
Kleo (nobooks) - 3
Sparky (Medievalredragon) - 4 & 5
Chimera (LemonySnaket) - 6
Equinox (Sylvidoptera) - 7
Tytikoa (Saphira455) - 8
Venice (dreamclaws) - 9
Hegi (VonSeckendorff) - 10 & 11
Haze (Sidegrinder) - 12
Juno (Tenrecidae) - 13
Ethral (NHDark) - 14
Saena (KingKirin) - 15
Gluttony (FinalFlight) - 16
Hephaestus (Thunderfang) - 17

1st round: 0 eliminations, 19 left (1 no show eliminated)
2nd: 0 eliminations, 18 left (1 no show eliminated)
3rd: 6 eliminations, 11 left (2 no shows eliminated)
-
11 participants entering round 4
-
4th: 5 eliminations, 6 left
5th: 3 eliminations, 3 left
6th: 1 elimination, 2 left
7th: 1 elimination, 1 winner

"Moving on to the next round are: @M42, @Sidegrinder, @LemonySnaket, @Thunderfang, @Tenrecidae, @NHDark, @Medievalredragon, @nobooks, @Saphira455, @VonSeckendorff, and @FinalFlight. I am sad to announce that the following participants will not be proceeding to the next round: @Bxy26, @Sylvidoptera, @dreamclaws, @KingKirin, @SilentWanderer, @NlCKname. However, all of you will still be eligible for prizes in the raffle as well as the participation badge! Another ping will be sent out when the event ends with more information on the raffle."

"Once again, we judges aren't choosing who goes through or not during this Hottest Forger - unless you bribe us - but we're still hungry to see what recipes you have to feed us! We'd also like to remind everyone to please remember to have your meal submitted before 16:00 tomorrow, or you'll be eliminated as a no show. Now, let the fourth round begin!"
tumblr_inline_o25fv9fuT31r3lvtf_500.png
yk0D5u1.png
@Dragongirl00100

Hey, it's been great so far! May I continue to participate in the roleplay for fun?
@Dragongirl00100

Hey, it's been great so far! May I continue to participate in the roleplay for fun?
V9b7SpH.png sig_button.png
@Bxy26

Sure! I'm glad you've been enjoying so far too ^^
@Bxy26

Sure! I'm glad you've been enjoying so far too ^^
yk0D5u1.png
@Dragongirl00100 I was an hour off on my time and just realized, I've been super busy all day and have currently been writing my post and thought I still had time to submit. May I please have a chance to still continue? Like a coinflip generation or something. I will still post my day 3 post regardless.
@Dragongirl00100 I was an hour off on my time and just realized, I've been super busy all day and have currently been writing my post and thought I still had time to submit. May I please have a chance to still continue? Like a coinflip generation or something. I will still post my day 3 post regardless.
iOOCMct.gif
B1_L2.pngN3yg9EO.pngH8AfJv4.pngDAsVTnx.pngo363-d04-Nl-CKname.pngo363-d05-Nl-CKname.pngB1_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
nickname-text-sqr.gif
[b][center]-post for day 3-[/center][/b] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=70155936&skin=0&apparel=12190,10962,12192,12937,21826&xt=dressing.png[/img][outfit=1695105] Gargoyle drags a massive bowl made of orange-yellow metal onto the stage, dressed head to tail in safety gear. He stops for a moment to catch his breath, as it's quite heavy even for a large dragon. Then, he disappears off stage and returns with a big rock and places it within the bowl. He then leaves one more time and returns with a huge barrel of cold water, ice cubes floating at the top. "You all are probably quite curious as to what I plan to do with these 3 items." He begins, sitting next to the bowl. "You see, I’ve learned I have a special talent that allows me to create something usually only brought to us by Flamecaller herself. I speak of course....of the stone obsidian!" He holds up a glassy black rock before the crowd as an example. "Typically obsidian forms when magma, the liquid fire and rock within a volcano, erupts out and then is cooled incredibly quickly by water or other means." He pauses, shifting topics slightly. "As you may know, the abilities of fire dragons can manifest in a myriad of ways. Some make magical displays, others use spells or aid thier combat abilities. I have even heard rumors of a coatl in the scorched woods who can see the future in the fires he creates. The point being, I discovered my fire abilities manifest in a way that allows me to create this stone. While I have never been able to produce big bombastic flames other dragons can, my flame is in fact hot enough to melt rock into magma." The crowd whispers amongst themselves a bit worriedly. "Have no fear my firends, this magma will do no damage to any dragon or the stage. For this bowl-" He places a paw on the side. "-Is made of firebrand tungsten! Once thought only to be a waste product of typical metallurgy, I found it to be completely resistant to melting within the volcanos that populate my home. I requested my clan's blacksmith sculpt this bowl especially for this demonstration, for when this method is used at our castle we often build molds of tungsten instead to better accomplish our specific construction plans. But today, I simply with to show you the power of my flame, and that the obsidian's creation is indeed possible." The crowd looks on curiously, eager for him to begin. "Before I start, I would like to note that while my safety gear is always necessary for me specifically as a fire dragon, it is still important to remember we do not know what the maximum tolerance of magma for all fire dragons and while flame resistant clothing may seem redundant, I think it's important to always set a good example as well as help non-fire dragons know what to wear when handling hot materials. Now, without any further delay, behold the intensity of my fire!" Gargoyle stands behind the tungsten bowl, opening his mouth wide and letting forth an intense violet flame with orange edges. Instead of spreading widely, the flame is a concentrated ray of pure heat. The rock within the bowl quickly melts and turns to bubbling orange magma. As soon as the rock is fully liquid, Gargoyle stops and quickly grabs the barrel of ice water, dumping it into the bowl. The lava is submerged, letting out steam all across the stage. For a minute or so, all the crowd can see is Gargoyle's silhouette on stage. Once the steam clears, the judges and audience see that Gargoyle had tilted the bowl towards them. The water had all disappeared, leaving behind a smooth black stone surface within the orange tungsten. "And there we have it, obsidian!" Gargoyle says excitedly. "I doubt I'm the only dragon with fire hot enough to melt stone, however," He stands proudly before the crowd and judges. "I have come up with the concept of creating obsidian this way myself, and I know of no other dragon to have done so before me. It is a wonderful discovery, of both science and my own abilities and I am proud to share it with my fellow dragons!" The crowd cheers as Gargolye takes a bow, before stacking the barrel into the tungsten bowl and pulling it offstage.
-post for day 3-

dragon?did=70155936&skin=0&apparel=12190,10962,12192,12937,21826&xt=dressing.png
Gargoyle Talent

Gargoyle drags a massive bowl made of orange-yellow metal onto the stage, dressed head to tail in safety gear. He stops for a moment to catch his breath, as it's quite heavy even for a large dragon. Then, he disappears off stage and returns with a big rock and places it within the bowl. He then leaves one more time and returns with a huge barrel of cold water, ice cubes floating at the top.
"You all are probably quite curious as to what I plan to do with these 3 items." He begins, sitting next to the bowl. "You see, I’ve learned I have a special talent that allows me to create something usually only brought to us by Flamecaller herself. I speak of course....of the stone obsidian!" He holds up a glassy black rock before the crowd as an example.

"Typically obsidian forms when magma, the liquid fire and rock within a volcano, erupts out and then is cooled incredibly quickly by water or other means." He pauses, shifting topics slightly. "As you may know, the abilities of fire dragons can manifest in a myriad of ways. Some make magical displays, others use spells or aid thier combat abilities. I have even heard rumors of a coatl in the scorched woods who can see the future in the fires he creates. The point being, I discovered my fire abilities manifest in a way that allows me to create this stone. While I have never been able to produce big bombastic flames other dragons can, my flame is in fact hot enough to melt rock into magma." The crowd whispers amongst themselves a bit worriedly.

"Have no fear my firends, this magma will do no damage to any dragon or the stage. For this bowl-" He places a paw on the side. "-Is made of firebrand tungsten! Once thought only to be a waste product of typical metallurgy, I found it to be completely resistant to melting within the volcanos that populate my home. I requested my clan's blacksmith sculpt this bowl especially for this demonstration, for when this method is used at our castle we often build molds of tungsten instead to better accomplish our specific construction plans. But today, I simply with to show you the power of my flame, and that the obsidian's creation is indeed possible." The crowd looks on curiously, eager for him to begin.

"Before I start, I would like to note that while my safety gear is always necessary for me specifically as a fire dragon, it is still important to remember we do not know what the maximum tolerance of magma for all fire dragons and while flame resistant clothing may seem redundant, I think it's important to always set a good example as well as help non-fire dragons know what to wear when handling hot materials. Now, without any further delay, behold the intensity of my fire!" Gargoyle stands behind the tungsten bowl, opening his mouth wide and letting forth an intense violet flame with orange edges. Instead of spreading widely, the flame is a concentrated ray of pure heat. The rock within the bowl quickly melts and turns to bubbling orange magma. As soon as the rock is fully liquid, Gargoyle stops and quickly grabs the barrel of ice water, dumping it into the bowl. The lava is submerged, letting out steam all across the stage. For a minute or so, all the crowd can see is Gargoyle's silhouette on stage.

Once the steam clears, the judges and audience see that Gargoyle had tilted the bowl towards them. The water had all disappeared, leaving behind a smooth black stone surface within the orange tungsten. "And there we have it, obsidian!" Gargoyle says excitedly. "I doubt I'm the only dragon with fire hot enough to melt stone, however," He stands proudly before the crowd and judges. "I have come up with the concept of creating obsidian this way myself, and I know of no other dragon to have done so before me. It is a wonderful discovery, of both science and my own abilities and I am proud to share it with my fellow dragons!" The crowd cheers as Gargolye takes a bow, before stacking the barrel into the tungsten bowl and pulling it offstage.
iOOCMct.gif
B1_L2.pngN3yg9EO.pngH8AfJv4.pngDAsVTnx.pngo363-d04-Nl-CKname.pngo363-d05-Nl-CKname.pngB1_R2.png
DPSlXho.png
nickname-text-sqr.gif
@NlCKname

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid not. You will still be able to grab a prize at the end, however! Also, if any of the other prompts interest you, feel free to write a response to them as well.
@NlCKname

I'm sorry, but I'm afraid not. You will still be able to grab a prize at the end, however! Also, if any of the other prompts interest you, feel free to write a response to them as well.
yk0D5u1.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69723182][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/697232/69723182_350.png[/img][/url] Yannis descends slowly, grandly, gracefully upon the stage, freshly gathered ingredients in bags upon her back and haunches, cauldron cradled in her arms. After she lights and regards the judges, promising a meal "everyone can enjoy," she quickly goes to work. She breathed fire under the pot, setting the water, enhanced with a collection of spices to quickly boil. The aroma was familiar to many of the audience members, though some could not accurately identify the dish just yet... [item=Ashfall bat] [item=Greenstripe Amaranth] The first ingredient, a number of ashfall bats, cleaned, gutted, the best organs (particularly their little livers!) saved and the membranous wings plucked off and set to the side. The meat and organs were ground and mixed with spices and the grains of greenstripe amaranth, then encased inside the membranes of the wings carefully, making little sausages. These were set to the side. "Of course, some stomachs can only tolerate the plant material..." [item=Sunbeam Fig] [item=Greater Plantain] Hands and surfaces washed, similar spices were mixed with amaranth grains and dried, chopped figs. All were packed in the in the leaves of greater plantain. These were set in a little basket with holes in the bottom. "The next ingredient needs no tampering, created perfect as it is...But patience is a virtue." [item=Fissure Crawdad] "And something that is not only seasoning, but dinner for our insectivores. I used to think only my brethren in the Wastes loved these, but I've seen the matriarch in the Labyrinth scoop clawfuls into her mouth, follow them with milk, and then repeat the process again as tears fell from her eyes. She asks I bring some back for her, in fact." [item=Fire ant] Yannis scooped the ants, crawdads (perhaps an excess of these), and bat-din sausages into the boiling water and set the steaming basket of leaf wraps on top, covering the mixture with a lid slightly ajar. Yes. Patience is a virtue. Her dish was no mystery now; the entire theater was fragrant. The amaranth set, sausages perfectly cooked, crawfish red and glistening, and ants imparting just enough of their flavors to the other ingredients and impregnated with the seasoning from the boil, everything was just right. The steam basket was removed and all the goodies were sifted from the pot onto a plate for the judges to share, with each their own empty plate to place their claims (and a bag for their shells, of course). "No idle hands with this meal." .... Juno awoke from her short nap as Yannis strode into the dressing room, the scents of the boil following her. The sleep quickly fell to her face, replaced by a wide smile as the smell reached her. "Crawfish boil?!" Yannis patted the small, Juno-sized box of goodies at her side. "Yes, Juno."
69723182_350.png

Yannis descends slowly, grandly, gracefully upon the stage, freshly gathered ingredients in bags upon her back and haunches, cauldron cradled in her arms. After she lights and regards the judges, promising a meal "everyone can enjoy," she quickly goes to work.

She breathed fire under the pot, setting the water, enhanced with a collection of spices to quickly boil. The aroma was familiar to many of the audience members, though some could not accurately identify the dish just yet...

Ashfall Bat Greenstripe Amaranth

The first ingredient, a number of ashfall bats, cleaned, gutted, the best organs (particularly their little livers!) saved and the membranous wings plucked off and set to the side. The meat and organs were ground and mixed with spices and the grains of greenstripe amaranth, then encased inside the membranes of the wings carefully, making little sausages. These were set to the side.

"Of course, some stomachs can only tolerate the plant material..."

Sunbeam Fig Greater Plantain

Hands and surfaces washed, similar spices were mixed with amaranth grains and dried, chopped figs. All were packed in the in the leaves of greater plantain. These were set in a little basket with holes in the bottom.

"The next ingredient needs no tampering, created perfect as it is...But patience is a virtue."

Fissure Crawdad

"And something that is not only seasoning, but dinner for our insectivores. I used to think only my brethren in the Wastes loved these, but I've seen the matriarch in the Labyrinth scoop clawfuls into her mouth, follow them with milk, and then repeat the process again as tears fell from her eyes. She asks I bring some back for her, in fact."

Fire Ant

Yannis scooped the ants, crawdads (perhaps an excess of these), and bat-din sausages into the boiling water and set the steaming basket of leaf wraps on top, covering the mixture with a lid slightly ajar.

Yes. Patience is a virtue. Her dish was no mystery now; the entire theater was fragrant.

The amaranth set, sausages perfectly cooked, crawfish red and glistening, and ants imparting just enough of their flavors to the other ingredients and impregnated with the seasoning from the boil, everything was just right. The steam basket was removed and all the goodies were sifted from the pot onto a plate for the judges to share, with each their own empty plate to place their claims (and a bag for their shells, of course).

"No idle hands with this meal."

Juno awoke from her short nap as Yannis strode into the dressing room, the scents of the boil following her. The sleep quickly fell to her face, replaced by a wide smile as the smell reached her.

"Crawfish boil?!"

Yannis patted the small, Juno-sized box of goodies at her side.

"Yes, Juno."

g2TOb2t.png yMwAJm4.gifgladekeeper.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 14