Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | [MJ] Cloudsong Celebration (closed)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5152235] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51523/5152235_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28562876] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/285629/28562876_350.png[/img] [/url] "Stay close to me," Hakan said, eyeing the crowds with slight worry. "There are a lot of dragons here, you could get lost." "Dad," the Bogsneak beside him rolled his eyes. "I'm not a little hatchling anymore, you don't have to worry about me getting lost if I'm not with you." "You're my son, of course I'm going to be worried about you," Hakan retorted, leading the way through the crowds. His bright coloring stood out, his slightly bigger son had no problem following him. "What about face painting? You loved that when you were younger." "I'm not a hatchling anymore, Dad." The eyeroll was once visible in the words. Bickering fondly, the two lost themselves in the crowd. There would likely be something they could agree on. ((Sorry for posting two dragons! But I really wanted to use Hakan, and he wouldn't come and have fun without his son.))

5152235_350.png

28562876_350.png

"Stay close to me," Hakan said, eyeing the crowds with slight worry. "There are a lot of dragons here, you could get lost."

"Dad," the Bogsneak beside him rolled his eyes. "I'm not a little hatchling anymore, you don't have to worry about me getting lost if I'm not with you."

"You're my son, of course I'm going to be worried about you," Hakan retorted, leading the way through the crowds. His bright coloring stood out, his slightly bigger son had no problem following him. "What about face painting? You loved that when you were younger."

"I'm not a hatchling anymore, Dad." The eyeroll was once visible in the words.

Bickering fondly, the two lost themselves in the crowd. There would likely be something they could agree on.

((Sorry for posting two dragons! But I really wanted to use Hakan, and he wouldn't come and have fun without his son.))
j4TARaG.pngkOeTXEu.png7JGzfva.pngKEtym0N.pngMorpheon Fennec Raffle Ticket
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31366290] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313663/31366290_350.png[/img] [/url] Tucked away in one corner of the room is a surprisingly spacious seating area. Here, dragons who need a little break from the festivities can come and sit down to eat, have a conversation, or simply enjoy the view from the huge bay windows. It seems like all of Sornieth is laid out below. The Zephyr Steppes stretch out in every direction, with the Sea of a Thousand Currents just visible on the horizon. Dragons of all kinds are constantly flying around the Cloudsong: coming, going, or simply playing in the howling gale that fills its sails. Inside, however, it is peaceful. Only a gentle puff of air, perfumed with floral scents, stirs the observation deck. It announces the presence of a skydancer. She stands on her hind legs, wooden pipeflute in hand. Wind chimes hang from her outstretched wings. Flower petals constantly fall around her. She smiles, causing another breeze that makes the petals swirl everywhere and sets her chimes ringing. She plays a simple tune on the pipes to accompany the bells. The song is slow and meandering, mixing easily with the ringing of the chimes. Sometimes the melody is easy to identify, sometimes it seems as random as the notes hit by the jingling chimes. But somehow it always harmonizes perfectly, and is pleasant to listen to. The refreshing breeze continues to blow, keeping the air sweet and the wind chimes in motion. The skydancer stands almost perfectly still, only moving to play her pipes. It is quite a change from most of the other music that can be found in the party, which ranges from merry to downright frenetic. Hers is tranquil and meditative, casting a spell of serenity over the entire area. After some time, the last note trails off, and the skydancer smiles softly. "I hope you enjoyed my performance," she says. "I will play again after a break. In the meantime, feel free to try the refreshments in this area." She gestures to a table loaded with food and trinkets. @Averyling "Try eating this instead," the skydancer suggests to the fae, handing him something a little more delectable than the end of his own tail. @SeaGodling "Good guess, but not quite! You still get a prize though," the guardian says as a skydancer comes up and offers her some refreshments. @Aelfrey The lovely sights include some great food as they walk past the observation deck! @NoodleNat "It's free of course! And so is the food. Ask her for some of the fried eel," says the guardian as the skydancer comes by with a platter. @Dogsblubblub No need to steal food, cute little fox! The nice dragon lady will give you all you can eat and then some. @crystallarium "You're dressed so festively!" the skydancer remarks to Forrestia when she walks by. @Hotpocketguru The skydancer will be happy to trade some delicious delicacies for one of your lovely statues! @Mmmyeah "Did I hear you say herbs? An herbivorous wildclaw is quite unusual... but I have some delicious ones around here somewhere, if you'd like to try!" The skydancer looks over the platters on her table, trying to find the tastiest herbs to offer. @AceLizard Hopefully Paravulna will appreciate being tipped with food as well! @Shougoney The skydancer flutters her wings, making her chimes jingle merrily to get Sonder's attention, and hands him some seafood he is sure to enjoy. @beargirl1393 "What lovely wings you have!" the skydancer says to the bogsneak, offering some sugarmelons to him and some catnip to his cat.

31366290_350.png

Tucked away in one corner of the room is a surprisingly spacious seating area. Here, dragons who need a little break from the festivities can come and sit down to eat, have a conversation, or simply enjoy the view from the huge bay windows. It seems like all of Sornieth is laid out below. The Zephyr Steppes stretch out in every direction, with the Sea of a Thousand Currents just visible on the horizon. Dragons of all kinds are constantly flying around the Cloudsong: coming, going, or simply playing in the howling gale that fills its sails.

Inside, however, it is peaceful. Only a gentle puff of air, perfumed with floral scents, stirs the observation deck. It announces the presence of a skydancer. She stands on her hind legs, wooden pipeflute in hand. Wind chimes hang from her outstretched wings. Flower petals constantly fall around her. She smiles, causing another breeze that makes the petals swirl everywhere and sets her chimes ringing. She plays a simple tune on the pipes to accompany the bells.

The song is slow and meandering, mixing easily with the ringing of the chimes. Sometimes the melody is easy to identify, sometimes it seems as random as the notes hit by the jingling chimes. But somehow it always harmonizes perfectly, and is pleasant to listen to. The refreshing breeze continues to blow, keeping the air sweet and the wind chimes in motion. The skydancer stands almost perfectly still, only moving to play her pipes. It is quite a change from most of the other music that can be found in the party, which ranges from merry to downright frenetic. Hers is tranquil and meditative, casting a spell of serenity over the entire area.

After some time, the last note trails off, and the skydancer smiles softly. "I hope you enjoyed my performance," she says. "I will play again after a break. In the meantime, feel free to try the refreshments in this area." She gestures to a table loaded with food and trinkets.

@Averyling "Try eating this instead," the skydancer suggests to the fae, handing him something a little more delectable than the end of his own tail.

@SeaGodling "Good guess, but not quite! You still get a prize though," the guardian says as a skydancer comes up and offers her some refreshments.

@Aelfrey The lovely sights include some great food as they walk past the observation deck!

@NoodleNat "It's free of course! And so is the food. Ask her for some of the fried eel," says the guardian as the skydancer comes by with a platter.

@Dogsblubblub No need to steal food, cute little fox! The nice dragon lady will give you all you can eat and then some.

@crystallarium "You're dressed so festively!" the skydancer remarks to Forrestia when she walks by.

@Hotpocketguru The skydancer will be happy to trade some delicious delicacies for one of your lovely statues!

@Mmmyeah "Did I hear you say herbs? An herbivorous wildclaw is quite unusual... but I have some delicious ones around here somewhere, if you'd like to try!" The skydancer looks over the platters on her table, trying to find the tastiest herbs to offer.

@AceLizard Hopefully Paravulna will appreciate being tipped with food as well!

@Shougoney The skydancer flutters her wings, making her chimes jingle merrily to get Sonder's attention, and hands him some seafood he is sure to enjoy.

@beargirl1393 "What lovely wings you have!" the skydancer says to the bogsneak, offering some sugarmelons to him and some catnip to his cat.
@eeeeel Cheyenne gazed across the table, admiring the trays full of herbs. Could it be? she thought, eyeing one herb. No, it couldn't be, they only grow in the furest reaches of the area . But then again, it looked verry similar to basil. She went up and sniffed the leaves, and was surprised to find it. Basil, glorious basil! She had loved it since she was a hatchling. She put it in her water, in her salads, on every steak and in every marinade. Basil was her passion. Other dragons always made fun of her, since she was SUPPOSED to be a ferocious meat eater. Plain meat without seasoning was like eating flavorless ice. Most dragons, however, completely disreagred the seasoning, much to Cheyenne's dissapointment, but here it was! A land full of herbs. Susan was wrong, she wasn't an outcast! She just had to find likeminded people who cared about nutrition and flavor! You can't get ALL your vitamins from meat alone, as her clanmates had learned. She could stock up on all the right ingredients here, and maybe learn some new tecniques on how to get your clanmates to take a mulitvitamin without grumbling
@eeeeel Cheyenne gazed across the table, admiring the trays full of herbs. Could it be? she thought, eyeing one herb. No, it couldn't be, they only grow in the furest reaches of the area . But then again, it looked verry similar to basil. She went up and sniffed the leaves, and was surprised to find it. Basil, glorious basil! She had loved it since she was a hatchling. She put it in her water, in her salads, on every steak and in every marinade. Basil was her passion. Other dragons always made fun of her, since she was SUPPOSED to be a ferocious meat eater. Plain meat without seasoning was like eating flavorless ice. Most dragons, however, completely disreagred the seasoning, much to Cheyenne's dissapointment, but here it was! A land full of herbs. Susan was wrong, she wasn't an outcast! She just had to find likeminded people who cared about nutrition and flavor! You can't get ALL your vitamins from meat alone, as her clanmates had learned. She could stock up on all the right ingredients here, and maybe learn some new tecniques on how to get your clanmates to take a mulitvitamin without grumbling

IMG_2205.png
IPU0tJf.pngxNSna4Q.png
@eeeeel Paravulna's eyes widened excitedly at the sight of the insects. She hadn't had anything to eat since Stormfront brought her some greenery, and that was before she had set up for the day. This was most definitely an acceptable tip. Yes, and maybe a break was in order as well.

"Thank you so much!" She calls after the other Skydancer, before happily tucking into the bugs.
@eeeeel Paravulna's eyes widened excitedly at the sight of the insects. She hadn't had anything to eat since Stormfront brought her some greenery, and that was before she had set up for the day. This was most definitely an acceptable tip. Yes, and maybe a break was in order as well.

"Thank you so much!" She calls after the other Skydancer, before happily tucking into the bugs.
Nebula
He / Xe / They
Deviantart at ProtoplanetaryNebula
+2h FR time

GAY PRIDE!
@eeeeel BBCode: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31529304] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315294/31529304_350.png[/img] [/url] Jerrymander gazed at the massive kites as he flew into the festival. It was nothing like the highland scrub where his clan lived. There was no electricity dancing through the skies, yet there seemed to be a different kind of energy here. The air currents kept him on his feet as he struggled to progress. He fought for a few minuetes, then decided to let the wind take a hold of him. He was blown in an arc around the festival, and from his vangage point he was able to spot where most dragons were escaping the currents and landing. Soaring in a wide arc, Jerry landed in the middle of a group of musicians. He listened to their songs, which seemed to compliment the breeze. He finally felt at ease, and started to dance.
@eeeeel BBCode:

31529304_350.png

Jerrymander gazed at the massive kites as he flew into the festival. It was nothing like the highland scrub where his clan lived. There was no electricity dancing through the skies, yet there seemed to be a different kind of energy here. The air currents kept him on his feet as he struggled to progress. He fought for a few minuetes, then decided to let the wind take a hold of him. He was blown in an arc around the festival, and from his vangage point he was able to spot where most dragons were escaping the currents and landing. Soaring in a wide arc, Jerry landed in the middle of a group of musicians. He listened to their songs, which seemed to compliment the breeze. He finally felt at ease, and started to dance.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30515156] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/305152/30515156_350.png[/img] [/url] Lars perched on an observation railing at the periphery of the airship, trying to get his bearings. LOUD. This place was extremely loud. And colorful. And crowded. He could feel the pressure of the huge party, pushing him backward. He dug in his claws fiercely. There was nowhere on the Icefield where this many dragons would get together at once. Even-- even outside the Jubilee, with its attendees from all over Sornieth, the Cloudsong must be packed, he calculated, counting the rooms and extensions bolted everywhere. But outside the coast, Wind territory was so sparsely populated! Why would they all flock here, to live in such a tiny space? The introverted Ice dragon shivered. Withdrawn into himself, he failed to react when a giggling Spiral rocketed towards him. Both dragons fell over the railing, tumbling off the Cloudsong. It didn't seem to faze the Spiral much. "Oh, sorry about that!" She continued giggling as she deftly caught Lars by his tail and began hauling him upward. "I'm so embarrassed, really, I just never look where I'm going." They reached the balcony from which they had fallen, and she deposited him there. "Anyway, we were playing tag--" she indicated a mirror, clearly trying to catch his breath-- "and it's super fun, you want to join us?" Lars stayed curled up on the polished wooden floor, his crest expressing dire pleas for mercy. "Or...would you like to go to the infirmary, maybe?" They carried him there with surprising gentleness. The Cloudsong's infirmary was well-maintained, and understandably busy on this wild day. After checking him in, the Spiral and her companion left Lars with promises to come see him later. ((Well, that took an unexpected turn. I didn't know Lars had panic attacks. Ah, when characters surprise the author.))

30515156_350.png

Lars perched on an observation railing at the periphery of the airship, trying to get his bearings. LOUD. This place was extremely loud. And colorful. And crowded. He could feel the pressure of the huge party, pushing him backward. He dug in his claws fiercely.

There was nowhere on the Icefield where this many dragons would get together at once. Even-- even outside the Jubilee, with its attendees from all over Sornieth, the Cloudsong must be packed, he calculated, counting the rooms and extensions bolted everywhere. But outside the coast, Wind territory was so sparsely populated! Why would they all flock here, to live in such a tiny space? The introverted Ice dragon shivered.

Withdrawn into himself, he failed to react when a giggling Spiral rocketed towards him. Both dragons fell over the railing, tumbling off the Cloudsong. It didn't seem to faze the Spiral much.

"Oh, sorry about that!" She continued giggling as she deftly caught Lars by his tail and began hauling him upward. "I'm so embarrassed, really, I just never look where I'm going." They reached the balcony from which they had fallen, and she deposited him there. "Anyway, we were playing tag--" she indicated a mirror, clearly trying to catch his breath-- "and it's super fun, you want to join us?" Lars stayed curled up on the polished wooden floor, his crest expressing dire pleas for mercy. "Or...would you like to go to the infirmary, maybe?"

They carried him there with surprising gentleness. The Cloudsong's infirmary was well-maintained, and understandably busy on this wild day. After checking him in, the Spiral and her companion left Lars with promises to come see him later.

((Well, that took an unexpected turn. I didn't know Lars had panic attacks. Ah, when characters surprise the author.))
je1KGwo.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27281394] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/272814/27281394_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31382238] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/313823/31382238_350.png[/img] [/url] It had been a long time since Eleuthera had been back in her homeland. She had lived in the realm of the Light for so long that upon first glance, it seemed like she had been born among the sun-drenched ruins of the Lightweaver's domain. Being back here, especially on a festival day, was like being hit with the feather-soft weight of a thousand memories at once. Even the scent of the air was different–crisp and grassy, each lively breeze lifting a new smell towards her: fresh baked cream puffs, the sea's salt-and-seaweed scent, and the rich, earthy smell of rain in the distance reach her sensitive nose. It was nearly enough to bring her to tears. "Wish I had come back sooner," she said to her traveling partner, Ambrym. "I feel like I've never been loyal enough to this place, despite all its given me." The wildclaw only smiled. "I know you don't like the disorganization of this place, but it's really got its charms. I was born in the light, but you know my heart's always been half with the wind and half with the fire. Don't feel bad for staying away; sometimes we just love things halfway." The wind, gusting harder, lifted up the red banners draped over Ambrym's wings and revealed a flash of sunset and purple, hypnotic, on the wildclaw's wings. A fae trailing green ribbons darted towards them, floating effortlessly in the strong breeze. The little dragon handed a pinwheel, half as large as herself, to Ambrym, who accepted with a smile. Eleuthera laughed, despite herself. "Maybe I take things too seriously. If there's one thing I should learn from this place, it's that I should stop and have fun sometimes." "That's right!" Ambrym replied, her eyes glued to the little pinwheel, sparkling gold and vermilion in the comforting afternoon light. "Now, let's go play some games!"

27281394_350.png

31382238_350.png

It had been a long time since Eleuthera had been back in her homeland. She had lived in the realm of the Light for so long that upon first glance, it seemed like she had been born among the sun-drenched ruins of the Lightweaver's domain. Being back here, especially on a festival day, was like being hit with the feather-soft weight of a thousand memories at once. Even the scent of the air was different–crisp and grassy, each lively breeze lifting a new smell towards her: fresh baked cream puffs, the sea's salt-and-seaweed scent, and the rich, earthy smell of rain in the distance reach her sensitive nose. It was nearly enough to bring her to tears. "Wish I had come back sooner," she said to her traveling partner, Ambrym. "I feel like I've never been loyal enough to this place, despite all its given me."

The wildclaw only smiled. "I know you don't like the disorganization of this place, but it's really got its charms. I was born in the light, but you know my heart's always been half with the wind and half with the fire. Don't feel bad for staying away; sometimes we just love things halfway." The wind, gusting harder, lifted up the red banners draped over Ambrym's wings and revealed a flash of sunset and purple, hypnotic, on the wildclaw's wings. A fae trailing green ribbons darted towards them, floating effortlessly in the strong breeze. The little dragon handed a pinwheel, half as large as herself, to Ambrym, who accepted with a smile.

Eleuthera laughed, despite herself. "Maybe I take things too seriously. If there's one thing I should learn from this place, it's that I should stop and have fun sometimes."

"That's right!" Ambrym replied, her eyes glued to the little pinwheel, sparkling gold and vermilion in the comforting afternoon light. "Now, let's go play some games!"
yDxBpzp.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31528110] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315282/31528110_350.png[/img] [/url] Silverado took in the sights of the Jamboree. He was reluctant after Papillon dragged the clan here, but brightened up when he realized that there was a chance of him finding friends, or maybe even true love. After a bit of wandering, he spied a beautiful spiral. He greets her with a tip of his hat, "Would you like some fried crickets, milady?"

31528110_350.png

Silverado took in the sights of the Jamboree. He was reluctant after Papillon dragged the clan here, but brightened up when he realized that there was a chance of him finding friends, or maybe even true love. After a bit of wandering, he spied a beautiful spiral. He greets her with a tip of his hat,
"Would you like some fried crickets, milady?"
Snr7ysG.png HChIF4s.png
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21696524][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/216966/21696524_350.png[/img][/url] You see a wind-struck dragon come staggering into the party - it's Brightgem. Almost immediately, she laughs and giggles, then breaks out into a smooth jazz combo.
21696524_350.png

You see a wind-struck dragon come staggering into the party - it's Brightgem. Almost immediately, she laughs and giggles, then breaks out into a smooth jazz combo.
[url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18836015] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188361/18836015_350.png[/img] [/url] Maggie stood, in awe at all the festivities. She had come to the celebration to take a time away from her stressful leadership duties. [i]I hope Etaila is handling her job okay,[/i] She thought. Even though Maggie had expected a good time, this was far more entertaining than she had anticipated. It shook her to think that these were the dragons she was descended from, or even somehow related to. She looked herself over. With all her silks, any passing dragons could think that she was part of the festival too. She smiled at that thought before walking away to see spirals do acrobatics.

18836015_350.png

Maggie stood, in awe at all the festivities. She had come to the celebration to take a time away from her stressful leadership duties. I hope Etaila is handling her job okay, She thought. Even though Maggie had expected a good time, this was far more entertaining than she had anticipated. It shook her to think that these were the dragons she was descended from, or even somehow related to. She looked herself over. With all her silks, any passing dragons could think that she was part of the festival too. She smiled at that thought before walking away to see spirals do acrobatics.
25781.png xxxFramexxx
xMarley
They/he/she
Wishlist
x NXDDrCY.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12