Back

Raffles & Giveaways

Share your raffles and giveaways with the Flight Rising community.
TOPIC | WINNERS ANNOUNCED!
Got everyone up to here!
Got everyone up to here!
moj0Ael.png
I'd love to get in on the Emerald and Fire packs, please!

When we think corrosion we often just straight to rust, but corrosion can occur in many earths and metals and in a few very cool ways!

We usually think of the oxidization of metals, the interaction of oxygen and water on metals to create acid that takes apart the metal at a molecular level and weakens it. Again rust is the most obvious and perhaps most common example of this, but corrosions can occur in non-metals, like ceramics or polymers!

Thanks for making such cool events for the ceremony! ^o^
I'd love to get in on the Emerald and Fire packs, please!

When we think corrosion we often just straight to rust, but corrosion can occur in many earths and metals and in a few very cool ways!

We usually think of the oxidization of metals, the interaction of oxygen and water on metals to create acid that takes apart the metal at a molecular level and weakens it. Again rust is the most obvious and perhaps most common example of this, but corrosions can occur in non-metals, like ceramics or polymers!

Thanks for making such cool events for the ceremony! ^o^
HPhatBannerSig_zps9dab9e31.png
I'd like to be entered for the midnight and opal packs, please!

And for a factoid, let me tell y'all about a thing combining our two elements: fulgurite! They are natural hollow glass tubes formed in quartzose sand, silica, or soil by lightning strikes. They are formed when lightning with a temperature of at least 1,800 °C (3,270 °F) instantaneously melts silica on a conductive surface and fuses grains together; the fulgurite tube is the cooled product. This process occurs over a period of around one second, and leaves evidence of the lightning path and its dispersion over the surface. They are sometimes referred to as petrified lightning.

So that's pretty cool yeah :D?
I'd like to be entered for the midnight and opal packs, please!

And for a factoid, let me tell y'all about a thing combining our two elements: fulgurite! They are natural hollow glass tubes formed in quartzose sand, silica, or soil by lightning strikes. They are formed when lightning with a temperature of at least 1,800 °C (3,270 °F) instantaneously melts silica on a conductive surface and fuses grains together; the fulgurite tube is the cooled product. This process occurs over a period of around one second, and leaves evidence of the lightning path and its dispersion over the surface. They are sometimes referred to as petrified lightning.

So that's pretty cool yeah :D?
Can i enter the fire and emerald pools please ^_^

Did you know that quartz is one of the most common minerals on Earth?
Can i enter the fire and emerald pools please ^_^

Did you know that quartz is one of the most common minerals on Earth?
yMwAJm4.gif9X6Ea51.png22M3FLu.png
I'd like to enter Fires of the Earth and Midnight pack!

Because you guys really Rock

What is bolder than boulder?
A trembling dragon about to face its doom.

I call that courage--bold, reckless courage.
I'd like to enter Fires of the Earth and Midnight pack!

Because you guys really Rock

What is bolder than boulder?
A trembling dragon about to face its doom.

I call that courage--bold, reckless courage.
YdIcPGG.png l3B4Qja.png BzPZ7gW.png
kZatdD2.png
Please enter me in Fire and Midnight please!!

'The earth means the world to me!' -pun
Please enter me in Fire and Midnight please!!

'The earth means the world to me!' -pun
TURNIP
ne6Lok5.png
I'd like to enter into the fires and Sapphire packs, please. ^^

It's said that we like gold because its sparkling surface reminded our ancient ancestors of sparkling water and lakes. It's always been necessary to find water sources to survive.

The chemical symbol for gold (Au) comes from the latin word "aurum."
I'd like to enter into the fires and Sapphire packs, please. ^^

It's said that we like gold because its sparkling surface reminded our ancient ancestors of sparkling water and lakes. It's always been necessary to find water sources to survive.

The chemical symbol for gold (Au) comes from the latin word "aurum."
I would like to be entered in the Emerald and Opal pools please :)

I don't think that I'll be able to think of any rock-shattering puns that haven't already been said, but I'll give it my beryl! This has been a real diamond in the ruff with how Earth has done dominance this time! You guys are really shaking it up!
I would like to be entered in the Emerald and Opal pools please :)

I don't think that I'll be able to think of any rock-shattering puns that haven't already been said, but I'll give it my beryl! This has been a real diamond in the ruff with how Earth has done dominance this time! You guys are really shaking it up!
wXUr72V.pngwEyYDq6.png
Could I be entered in the Sapphire and Midnight packs please?

Earth pun fun: What did the Fae say when the Spiral ate all the bugs?
"He must have had a healthy Apatite"

And bonus factoid because I'm in geology; Mammoth mountain is a hot ski destination but the snow and the ice-age mammal from which the mountain gets its name isn't the only cool thing about the area. Just a stone's throw away from the slopes is Devil's Postpile, an awesome formation of pillar-like structures that was once a lake of lava! When the lava cooled into rock it underwent jointing (basically it cracked due to the cold surroundings) to make the patterns we see today. At the top of the Postpile, the rock is smooth thanks to a glacier shearing off the top!
Could I be entered in the Sapphire and Midnight packs please?

Earth pun fun: What did the Fae say when the Spiral ate all the bugs?
"He must have had a healthy Apatite"

And bonus factoid because I'm in geology; Mammoth mountain is a hot ski destination but the snow and the ice-age mammal from which the mountain gets its name isn't the only cool thing about the area. Just a stone's throw away from the slopes is Devil's Postpile, an awesome formation of pillar-like structures that was once a lake of lava! When the lava cooled into rock it underwent jointing (basically it cracked due to the cold surroundings) to make the patterns we see today. At the top of the Postpile, the rock is smooth thanks to a glacier shearing off the top!
I'd like to enter for the midnight and the emerald pools, please!

Factoid: The second longest geographical name that has been accepted is "Taumatawhakatangihangak oauauotamateaturipukaka pikimaungahoronukupokaiwhe nua kitanatahu," which is a hill in New Zealand. The first longest is taken by "Krung thep maha nakorn amorn ratana kosin­mahintar ayutthay amaha dilok phop noppa ratrajathani burirom udom rajaniwes­mahasat harn amorn phimarn avatarn sathit sakkattiya visanukamprasit" in Tailand.
I'd like to enter for the midnight and the emerald pools, please!

Factoid: The second longest geographical name that has been accepted is "Taumatawhakatangihangak oauauotamateaturipukaka pikimaungahoronukupokaiwhe nua kitanatahu," which is a hill in New Zealand. The first longest is taken by "Krung thep maha nakorn amorn ratana kosin­mahintar ayutthay amaha dilok phop noppa ratrajathani burirom udom rajaniwes­mahasat harn amorn phimarn avatarn sathit sakkattiya visanukamprasit" in Tailand.
I don't know what goes here.