Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GALA] Rimebone Detective Agency
1 2 3
[center][img alt="Rimebone Detective Agency. Image pictures a building with a notice board and posers plastered on its wall, plunged into shadow."]https://i.imgur.com/J0YkkOe.png[/img] [size=5] The Rimebone Detective Agency invites private detectives from all over Sornieth to share their case notes, pictures and experiences with eachother! [/size] [size=5] [b]The Event[/b][/size][size=4] Share a piece of [b]detective noir[/b], [b]Clue[/b], or [b]murder mystery party[/b] -themed art or writing [b]of your own creation[/b] for the chance to win a random prize. [emoji=ice rune size=1] Runs [b]January 21[/b] to [b]February 4[/b] (til the end of Gala!) [emoji=ice rune size=1] [emoji=question mark size=1] Open to both Ice Flight and Out of Flight peeps [emoji=question mark size=1] [emoji=magnifying glass size=1] No minimum quality or word-count requirements, just have fun! [emoji=magnifying glass size=1] [/size] [size=5][b]Random Prizes[/b][/size] [size=4] There are a handfull of participation prizes that shall be distributed randomly at the end of the event! [/size][/center] [size=4] [emoji=pink star size=1] Everyone who participates will be eligible to be drawn [emoji=gold star size=1] All participants will be weighted equally, regardless of number of posts [emoji=blue star size=1] Which item you receive will be a surprise! [/size][center][size=4] [b]The items you could win[/b] [item=black cat][item=calico cat][item=mainecoon][item=orange tabby][item=scottish fold] [item=Well-to-do Sable Armoire][item=Contrast Aviator Gear][item=A Flourish of Pearl] [b]Pinglist[/b] For any important updates, the start of week 2, and final prize announcements. [pinglist=19677] [/size] [/center] [rule] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3309600#post_56018238][img alt="OOF Hub"]https://i.imgur.com/UZWQ1Pr.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3307764][img alt="OOF Raffle"]https://i.imgur.com/nf9xsxw.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/art/3309226][img alt="Art Marketplace"]https://i.imgur.com/SC45Na6.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/fd6/3309134][img alt="In-flight Raffle"]https://i.imgur.com/R0rVcFz.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][size=2][b]Credit:[/b] Art by ComplainingCat | Typesetting by Bezalel[/size][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3310857/1#post_3310857][img]https://i.imgur.com/FZ1Bt60.png[/img][/url][/center]
Rimebone Detective Agency. Image pictures a building with a notice board and posers plastered on its wall, plunged into shadow.

The Rimebone Detective Agency invites private detectives from all over Sornieth to share their case notes, pictures and experiences with eachother!

The Event

Share a piece of detective noir, Clue, or murder mystery party -themed art or writing of your own creation for the chance to win a random prize.

Runs January 21 to February 4 (til the end of Gala!)

Open to both Ice Flight and Out of Flight peeps

No minimum quality or word-count requirements, just have fun!

Random Prizes

There are a handfull of participation prizes that shall be distributed randomly at the end of the event!

Everyone who participates will be eligible to be drawn

All participants will be weighted equally, regardless of number of posts

Which item you receive will be a surprise!

The items you could win

Black Cat Calico Cat Mainecoon Orange Tabby Scottish Fold
Well-to-do Sable Armoire Contrast Aviator Gear A Flourish of Pearl

Pinglist

For any important updates, the start of week 2, and final prize announcements.

[pinglist=19677]

OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
Credit: Art by ComplainingCat | Typesetting by Bezalel

FZ1Bt60.png
smaller_2_by_devibrigard-db1jw11.png
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot doot doot
doot doot doot doot doot
i hope its ok to enter now! i wrote this for another game, but i think it counts :D
Quote:
As they sat around the table in Watson and Nutmeg's house in the Oathock Districts, Watson's hackles were raised as Basil told her tale of being disturbed in the markets, and not discovering anything that could've made the noise.

Watson desperately wished that she had Nutmeg with her, but she pressed on, scribbling notes on a sheet of paper bark.

Watson didn't believe in ghosts, but as Basil wrapped up her story, she was getting chills that had nothing to do with the spring air.

"So?" Basil pressed. "What do you think?"

"I think a not-cat is playing tricks on the whole village. This, Gail's encounter, Fountain's... experience and Talullah's tale must have an underlying logic behind it. We just need to start working on-"

The door creaked open slowly suddenly, and a large cat padded in. It was Nutmeg, holding a squawking chicken in their mouth.

"Nutmeg!" Watson jumped up. "You have to listen to Basil, she's had an experience with that not-cat you said was responsible for the weird happenings in Mackerel."

Nutmeg gently put their pet chicken on the floor, and it looked at them indignantly before ruffling its feathers and walking over to the nest Nutmeg had lovingly constructed for it. Basil rolled her eyes, before thinking better of it.

Nutmeg pulled up a chair next to the two of them, and grabbed the unused cup meant for Basil and poured a lukewarm cup of tea for themselves. "Basil it's good to see you."

"Wish I could say the same for you." She snapped. "Where have you been?"

"Busy." Came the reply.

She rolled her eyes, and Watson suppressed a grin. At least Nutmeg knew how to handle Basil's attitudes. Basil was mostly harmless anyways, so she didn't really mind when Basil snapped at her.

As Basil repeated her tale, Watson watched as her tail swished, agitated, against the floor.

"So?"

Nutmeg sat back in their chair. "Watson." She snapped her head to Nutmeg. "Get me my pipe. We have a mystery to investigate."
i hope its ok to enter now! i wrote this for another game, but i think it counts :D
Quote:
As they sat around the table in Watson and Nutmeg's house in the Oathock Districts, Watson's hackles were raised as Basil told her tale of being disturbed in the markets, and not discovering anything that could've made the noise.

Watson desperately wished that she had Nutmeg with her, but she pressed on, scribbling notes on a sheet of paper bark.

Watson didn't believe in ghosts, but as Basil wrapped up her story, she was getting chills that had nothing to do with the spring air.

"So?" Basil pressed. "What do you think?"

"I think a not-cat is playing tricks on the whole village. This, Gail's encounter, Fountain's... experience and Talullah's tale must have an underlying logic behind it. We just need to start working on-"

The door creaked open slowly suddenly, and a large cat padded in. It was Nutmeg, holding a squawking chicken in their mouth.

"Nutmeg!" Watson jumped up. "You have to listen to Basil, she's had an experience with that not-cat you said was responsible for the weird happenings in Mackerel."

Nutmeg gently put their pet chicken on the floor, and it looked at them indignantly before ruffling its feathers and walking over to the nest Nutmeg had lovingly constructed for it. Basil rolled her eyes, before thinking better of it.

Nutmeg pulled up a chair next to the two of them, and grabbed the unused cup meant for Basil and poured a lukewarm cup of tea for themselves. "Basil it's good to see you."

"Wish I could say the same for you." She snapped. "Where have you been?"

"Busy." Came the reply.

She rolled her eyes, and Watson suppressed a grin. At least Nutmeg knew how to handle Basil's attitudes. Basil was mostly harmless anyways, so she didn't really mind when Basil snapped at her.

As Basil repeated her tale, Watson watched as her tail swished, agitated, against the floor.

"So?"

Nutmeg sat back in their chair. "Watson." She snapped her head to Nutmeg. "Get me my pipe. We have a mystery to investigate."
Rustic-Minimal-Wedding-Print-Banner.png Colorful-Hand-Drawn-Shana-Tova-Landscape-Banner.png
This looks interesting! I hope I have the time and remember to participate; will there be any sort of reminder ping later into the event?
This looks interesting! I hope I have the time and remember to participate; will there be any sort of reminder ping later into the event?
Looking for some dragons!futYkXZ.pngw8o0xW1.png
if i am understanding right there will be no prompt just a writing/art challenge based on the lore event everyday? (will there be pings?)
if i am understanding right there will be no prompt just a writing/art challenge based on the lore event everyday? (will there be pings?)
M7v69JN.pngezgif-com-resize.gifMuckmarket Poll Raffle: fill out polls, win prizes!evIwcId.png
[columns] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/44613422][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=44613422&skin=0&apparel=20836,20857,29244,6268,48176,2972,23121,28799,23118,20573,2971,20571,2973,20572,33699,20576,23123&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [size=4][font=times]Among the din of the frantic investigation of the Ice deity's murder, a lithe Skydancer from the Light enters the glittering ballroom. Careful feet do not disturb the shards of crystalline ice from the smashed chandelier, nor the wooden slivers from what was once a grand piano. Henna was (allegedly) summoned to provide valuable insight into this horrific murder of a god, as she is one of the best scrying stone readers in her clan. Whether or not she was appointed, or that the wind simply brought her to this tragedy, she lays her candles upon the ice. A careful, practised, and silent ritual, Henna draws inky black runes unto the air and sparks them to life, and from under her thick coat, pulls a clinking bag. A hushed draconic prayer is spoken, and all at once, Henna tosses the bag onto the floor as if it had burned her hands, etched tiles skittering across the floor. As silent as ever, Henna organizes the face-up tiles into a runic shape, and begins to ponder them, shooing away any dragon that tries to interrupt her divining.
dragon?did=44613422&skin=0&apparel=20836,20857,29244,6268,48176,2972,23121,28799,23118,20573,2971,20571,2973,20572,33699,20576,23123&xt=dressing.png Among the din of the frantic investigation of the Ice deity's murder, a lithe Skydancer from the Light enters the glittering ballroom. Careful feet do not disturb the shards of crystalline ice from the smashed chandelier, nor the wooden slivers from what was once a grand piano.
Henna was (allegedly) summoned to provide valuable insight into this horrific murder of a god, as she is one of the best scrying stone readers in her clan. Whether or not she was appointed, or that the wind simply brought her to this tragedy, she lays her candles upon the ice. A careful, practised, and silent ritual, Henna draws inky black runes unto the air and sparks them to life, and from under her thick coat, pulls a clinking bag. A hushed draconic prayer is spoken, and all at once, Henna tosses the bag onto the floor as if it had burned her hands, etched tiles skittering across the floor. As silent as ever, Henna organizes the face-up tiles into a runic shape, and begins to ponder them, shooing away any dragon that tries to interrupt her divining.
push hub 5kJ9JHc.png
5kJ9JHc.png
run by Bisons | he/they | FR+1 |

7UXlQKU.gifYMPbu9R.pngovanc37.png
> avatar...
> sales
> old oaks [+ hibden!]
> wishlist
@sp580s a pinglist is a great idea, I've added one to the first post! I'll put out a reminder ping at the start of Gala! Then people will still have a week to get something done
@sp580s a pinglist is a great idea, I've added one to the first post! I'll put out a reminder ping at the start of Gala! Then people will still have a week to get something done
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
@lamsweete I have now added a pinglist to the first post for any updates and a week 2 reminder.

Art and writing shered here only needs to be detective noir, Clue, or murder mystery party -themed, and does not need to relate to the daily lore at all!

The idea with this event is to give everyone the freedom to take these themes in whatever direction they like, and to give everyone plenty of time to get it done! Sometimes you don't wanna have to rush to get things done in a day ya know?
@lamsweete I have now added a pinglist to the first post for any updates and a week 2 reminder.

Art and writing shered here only needs to be detective noir, Clue, or murder mystery party -themed, and does not need to relate to the daily lore at all!

The idea with this event is to give everyone the freedom to take these themes in whatever direction they like, and to give everyone plenty of time to get it done! Sometimes you don't wanna have to rush to get things done in a day ya know?
FKAc5gc.gif
sPCU7cF.png
doot doot doot doot doot
I may not have the time to finish it off in time (and it's still technically the first draft...), but this should be an interesting enough hook for a murder mystery. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3216402]Everbloom Resort[/url] is the theme of a Nature profit push last year. I extended the cast here. Edit: I finished the story. ----- [center][size=6][b]Everbloom Resort Murder Mystery[/b][/size][/center] Featuring: [item="Sprouting Gemini"] Spring and Seedling, the owners of Everbloom Resort [item="Battle Chef"] Tom, the cook of Everbloom Resort [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=83829884][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/838299/83829884p.png[/img][/url] Pesudocereal, a local farmer who sells food to Everbloom Resort ----- Spring and Seedling, two of the “Gemini” quadruplets running Everbloom Resort, were busy shutting down the windows and doors. A tropical storm was coming. Even if a Wind or Lightening dragon would enjoy a natural shower, the insides should be comfortably dry. From the back door at the kitchen, an Obelisk wheeled in a cart full of food ingredients. Chef Tom the Longneck saw her and helped her unloaded the goods. Right when they finished, a curtain of storm covered the outside world. “Hey, Pseudocereal?” Spring perched on some crates to be on the Obelisk farmer’s line of sight. “Why don’t you stay here for the night? We’ll only charge you one crate of chicken meat!” “Ehhh…” Pesudocereal looked outside. The rain was so dense that she couldn’t see anything more than ten metres away. “Come on! You’ll have all the services we provide! Well, except for the outdoor pool... For just a small fraction of your goods!” Seedling joined the rally. “Didn’t you two say that you are understaffed?” Pesudocereal looked for another excuse, but was already brushing her mane with her fingers. She accepted the room key when Spring dropped it on her palm. “That’s during the busy season, which won’t come until next month. We don’t need Sprout, Spud, or the part-timers to serve you and the only other visitor we have at the moment.” Seedling said. Tom offered Pesudocereal the dinner menu. He needed some time to prepare, and would bring the meal to her room once it was ready. Pseudocereal thanked them and went to her room. ----- Pesudocereal stepped out of the shower, she never smelled this good in her cottage. Staying in a resort was a luxury she never had much of a chance to enjoy. She sat next to the window. The storm showed no sign of dying down yet, but listening to it in a safe place was relaxing. Frantic knocking woke Pseudocereal from her drowsy state. “Is dinner ready?” Pesudocereal asked as she opened the door. It was Seedling, who had nothing with them. “Dinner? Right, we will bring it to you as soon as possible. Just stay in your room and lock the door for now.” They slammed the door shut before making any explanation. ----- The Gemini stood in the lobby. Someone pushed the front door open and let the storm in. There were water, mud, and dead leaves everywhere. Annoying to clean up, but not that big of the deal. The problem laid with the one caused the scene. He sat in a corner and wasn’t moving. On his chest was a piece of metal that shouldn’t be there. Most important of all, that was their other visitor. “Oh, come on. First it was a shady event runner who lost our key, now we have a murder in hand?” Seedling whispered loudly. “No time for complaining, we need to deal with this quickly before our reputation is tarnished!” Spring circled around the body. It was far too big for two Talonoks to move. “What’s going on? Are we under attack?” The Gemini almost had a collective heart attack when they saw Pesudocereal holding a broom for large dragons as a weapon. They looked at each other mortified for a moment before hatching a plan. “Alright, Pesudocereal… How about this? You help us find out who caused this.” Spring pointed at the body. “[i]Without[/i] telling the press, and we will wave your bill, plus some bonus!” Their beak was so close to Pesudocereal’s face that it could peck her eye out. “That depends on if you two did it or not!” Pesudocereal retorted. Although she had the size and muscle bulk for a farmer, Sprouting Gemini were more than capable of fighting someone like her. Both sides knew this. Spring backed off. “Of course we didn’t! Why would we attack our dear costumers?” As business owners, making money was more important than making enemies. “How about Tom? We haven’t seen him after our kitchen meeting. Also, the size of this metal piece is similar to his knife…” Seedling sized up the shard with their arms and shared a cautious look with the others. ----- “Stop right there, Tom!” With Spring as lead, the three charged into the kitchen. “Woah, boss! I swear this is just an accident!” Tom waved franticly with a handle of a broken kitchen knife in hand. Spring pointed at the broken knife. “Aha! We caught you red handed! Now tell us why did you attack our guest?” Tom’s jaw dropped. Pesudocereal butted in between them. “Hold on! Look at this!” She pointed at a piece of salted game on the counter, which had another piece of metal in it. She carefully pulled it out and it was a perfect fit with the broken knife. “My knife was caught between the bones and snapped.” Tom explained himself. “So what is this ‘attack’ the guest are you talking about?” “Our other guest is lying on the lobby floor dead. We thought you did it because of what seemed to be a broken knife in the scene.” Seedling clamped their hands together and pointed at Tom. “Good thing you seem to be innocent, it would suck to fire you.” Spring rubbed their beak. “Hm… If the piece of metal isn’t a broken kitchen knife, what is that? Pesudocereal, you are not afraid of blood, aren’t you? Come with me for a bit. Seedling and Tom, you two do some room cleaning. Our guest might have business with some unsavory people.” Seedling sighed. “And we thought Lionheart was the worst. Let’s go, Tom.” ----- Seedling unlocked the other guest’s room with a spare key. It was a single room for a large sized dragon. There was a puddle near a window, which was unlocked. Despite not being much larger than a Fae, Seedling flew around the room and put everything back to its place within minutes. Tom, who didn’t have room cleaning service experience, was asked to stand at the door awkwardly as a guard and eye witness. “It’s strange for an Emerald Cave Jewel to speak fluent Dragonic, and request a room this spacious. But hey, they paid good money for this room, who was I to refuse service?” Seedling said. After tiding the room up, they pulled the guest’s luggage to an open area. Seedling callously pulled out the items one by one, with Tom watched mortified. “Tree Warden… So this guy works in Pox Consulate…” Seedling put a badge aside and lined up the apparels. “Wait what?” Not only did the Cave Jewel pack his uniform inside, there were multiple sets, each one of them was in different sizes. ----- “WAIT WHAT?” Spring screeched in the lobby. It was still a mess, but the body was nowhere to be seen. Only the metal shard was left. Spring wore a pair latex glove from the supply cabinet before picking the shard up. It wasn’t from a knife. In fact it had a blunt point. There seemed to be some kind of carving on its side, but was hard to tell with the layers of contuse wrapped around it. Pseudocereal noticed a track of mud leading out to another corridor. She peeked at Spring, who was focused tracing the carvings with their fingers, and decided to check on it alone. She leaned down her body, landed on the paws to reduce footsteps, like ambushing an intruding rabbit in her field. Slowly, she found her way to the big dining room. There was an Imperial in the dining room, with a dirty hood way too small for him. He looked at the empty buffet table and turned around. ----- Spring squinted at the broken skyship component. If this was what they thought it was, the fact it was here had a bad implication. A scream pulled Spring’s attention away. They looked around and were shocked to see Pesudocereal missing. They flew in the air when they heard multiple sets of footsteps coming. Several entities entered the lobby. First was Pseudocereal running from another hallway. Spring moved to the side and guided the startled Obelisk to the space behind the counter. Second was Seedling and Tom coming for Spring when they heard the scream. Tom had an actual kitchen knife this time. Third and the last one was an Imperial walked in from the way Pesudocereal entered. He saw the alerted staff and made his distance. “Who are you, and state your purpose before we ask you to leave,” Spring said with a hostile tone that wasn’t used in years. The Imperial folded his wings and raised his front legs. “I’m Pseudokeeper, one of the visitors here…” “Nice try, you don’t even get the species right.” Spring stretched out their talons. “I know this is hard to explain, but hear me out. I’m sort of a shapeshifter. I came here as an Emerald Cave Jewel.” Seedling flew in front of Spring, and pointed at the dirty hood Pseudokeepeer was wearing. “He’s telling the truth. We found several used Uniform in different sizes in his room.” Seedling then bowed to Pseudokeeper. “We are sorry for checking your luggage, we thought you were dead.” Pseudokeeper put his front legs down. “Don’t worry, this happens.” “This only answered one of the questions.” Spring showed Pseudokeeper the skyship component. “Where did you get this lodged in your chest?” “I was resting in my room when I saw a skyship struggled to stay in the sky, so I left through the window to see if they needed help. It fell down the sky just as I approached. I cushioned the ship with multiple layers of contuse, but some of the pieces still managed to hit me.” “And what happened to the passengers?” Spring asked again. They stood on Pesudokeeper’s snout, while their talons were still out. “They are safe! Though the ship wasn’t going to fly any time soon.” Pseudokeeper gently picked Spring off of him so he could wink at the Gemini. “Your other pair of twins asked you to make room for them.” Spring went limp in Pseudokeeper’s hand, and Seedling jumped in rejoices. “Sprout and Spud are coming back! This calls for celebration! Free room and dinner today!” Pesudokeeper looked outside of the window. The storm had calmed down a lot. "Let's go pick them up. Nobody deserved to be left out cold today," he said.
I may not have the time to finish it off in time (and it's still technically the first draft...), but this should be an interesting enough hook for a murder mystery.

Everbloom Resort is the theme of a Nature profit push last year. I extended the cast here.

Edit: I finished the story.

Everbloom Resort Murder Mystery

Featuring:
Sprouting Gemini Spring and Seedling, the owners of Everbloom Resort
Battle Chef Tom, the cook of Everbloom Resort
83829884p.png Pesudocereal, a local farmer who sells food to Everbloom Resort

Spring and Seedling, two of the “Gemini” quadruplets running Everbloom Resort, were busy shutting down the windows and doors. A tropical storm was coming. Even if a Wind or Lightening dragon would enjoy a natural shower, the insides should be comfortably dry.

From the back door at the kitchen, an Obelisk wheeled in a cart full of food ingredients. Chef Tom the Longneck saw her and helped her unloaded the goods. Right when they finished, a curtain of storm covered the outside world.

“Hey, Pseudocereal?” Spring perched on some crates to be on the Obelisk farmer’s line of sight. “Why don’t you stay here for the night? We’ll only charge you one crate of chicken meat!”

“Ehhh…” Pesudocereal looked outside. The rain was so dense that she couldn’t see anything more than ten metres away.

“Come on! You’ll have all the services we provide! Well, except for the outdoor pool... For just a small fraction of your goods!” Seedling joined the rally.

“Didn’t you two say that you are understaffed?” Pesudocereal looked for another excuse, but was already brushing her mane with her fingers. She accepted the room key when Spring dropped it on her palm.

“That’s during the busy season, which won’t come until next month. We don’t need Sprout, Spud, or the part-timers to serve you and the only other visitor we have at the moment.” Seedling said.

Tom offered Pesudocereal the dinner menu. He needed some time to prepare, and would bring the meal to her room once it was ready. Pseudocereal thanked them and went to her room.

Pesudocereal stepped out of the shower, she never smelled this good in her cottage. Staying in a resort was a luxury she never had much of a chance to enjoy. She sat next to the window. The storm showed no sign of dying down yet, but listening to it in a safe place was relaxing.

Frantic knocking woke Pseudocereal from her drowsy state. “Is dinner ready?” Pesudocereal asked as she opened the door.

It was Seedling, who had nothing with them. “Dinner? Right, we will bring it to you as soon as possible. Just stay in your room and lock the door for now.” They slammed the door shut before making any explanation.

The Gemini stood in the lobby. Someone pushed the front door open and let the storm in. There were water, mud, and dead leaves everywhere. Annoying to clean up, but not that big of the deal. The problem laid with the one caused the scene. He sat in a corner and wasn’t moving. On his chest was a piece of metal that shouldn’t be there.

Most important of all, that was their other visitor.

“Oh, come on. First it was a shady event runner who lost our key, now we have a murder in hand?” Seedling whispered loudly.

“No time for complaining, we need to deal with this quickly before our reputation is tarnished!” Spring circled around the body. It was far too big for two Talonoks to move.

“What’s going on? Are we under attack?”

The Gemini almost had a collective heart attack when they saw Pesudocereal holding a broom for large dragons as a weapon. They looked at each other mortified for a moment before hatching a plan.

“Alright, Pesudocereal… How about this? You help us find out who caused this.” Spring pointed at the body. “Without telling the press, and we will wave your bill, plus some bonus!” Their beak was so close to Pesudocereal’s face that it could peck her eye out.

“That depends on if you two did it or not!” Pesudocereal retorted. Although she had the size and muscle bulk for a farmer, Sprouting Gemini were more than capable of fighting someone like her. Both sides knew this.

Spring backed off. “Of course we didn’t! Why would we attack our dear costumers?” As business owners, making money was more important than making enemies.

“How about Tom? We haven’t seen him after our kitchen meeting. Also, the size of this metal piece is similar to his knife…” Seedling sized up the shard with their arms and shared a cautious look with the others.

“Stop right there, Tom!” With Spring as lead, the three charged into the kitchen.

“Woah, boss! I swear this is just an accident!” Tom waved franticly with a handle of a broken kitchen knife in hand.

Spring pointed at the broken knife. “Aha! We caught you red handed! Now tell us why did you attack our guest?”

Tom’s jaw dropped.

Pesudocereal butted in between them. “Hold on! Look at this!” She pointed at a piece of salted game on the counter, which had another piece of metal in it. She carefully pulled it out and it was a perfect fit with the broken knife.

“My knife was caught between the bones and snapped.” Tom explained himself. “So what is this ‘attack’ the guest are you talking about?”

“Our other guest is lying on the lobby floor dead. We thought you did it because of what seemed to be a broken knife in the scene.” Seedling clamped their hands together and pointed at Tom. “Good thing you seem to be innocent, it would suck to fire you.”

Spring rubbed their beak. “Hm… If the piece of metal isn’t a broken kitchen knife, what is that? Pesudocereal, you are not afraid of blood, aren’t you? Come with me for a bit. Seedling and Tom, you two do some room cleaning. Our guest might have business with some unsavory people.”

Seedling sighed. “And we thought Lionheart was the worst. Let’s go, Tom.”

Seedling unlocked the other guest’s room with a spare key. It was a single room for a large sized dragon. There was a puddle near a window, which was unlocked.

Despite not being much larger than a Fae, Seedling flew around the room and put everything back to its place within minutes. Tom, who didn’t have room cleaning service experience, was asked to stand at the door awkwardly as a guard and eye witness.

“It’s strange for an Emerald Cave Jewel to speak fluent Dragonic, and request a room this spacious. But hey, they paid good money for this room, who was I to refuse service?” Seedling said. After tiding the room up, they pulled the guest’s luggage to an open area.

Seedling callously pulled out the items one by one, with Tom watched mortified. “Tree Warden… So this guy works in Pox Consulate…” Seedling put a badge aside and lined up the apparels. “Wait what?”

Not only did the Cave Jewel pack his uniform inside, there were multiple sets, each one of them was in different sizes.

“WAIT WHAT?” Spring screeched in the lobby. It was still a mess, but the body was nowhere to be seen. Only the metal shard was left.

Spring wore a pair latex glove from the supply cabinet before picking the shard up. It wasn’t from a knife. In fact it had a blunt point. There seemed to be some kind of carving on its side, but was hard to tell with the layers of contuse wrapped around it.

Pseudocereal noticed a track of mud leading out to another corridor. She peeked at Spring, who was focused tracing the carvings with their fingers, and decided to check on it alone. She leaned down her body, landed on the paws to reduce footsteps, like ambushing an intruding rabbit in her field. Slowly, she found her way to the big dining room.

There was an Imperial in the dining room, with a dirty hood way too small for him. He looked at the empty buffet table and turned around.

Spring squinted at the broken skyship component. If this was what they thought it was, the fact it was here had a bad implication.

A scream pulled Spring’s attention away. They looked around and were shocked to see Pesudocereal missing. They flew in the air when they heard multiple sets of footsteps coming.

Several entities entered the lobby. First was Pseudocereal running from another hallway. Spring moved to the side and guided the startled Obelisk to the space behind the counter. Second was Seedling and Tom coming for Spring when they heard the scream. Tom had an actual kitchen knife this time. Third and the last one was an Imperial walked in from the way Pesudocereal entered. He saw the alerted staff and made his distance.

“Who are you, and state your purpose before we ask you to leave,” Spring said with a hostile tone that wasn’t used in years.

The Imperial folded his wings and raised his front legs. “I’m Pseudokeeper, one of the visitors here…”

“Nice try, you don’t even get the species right.” Spring stretched out their talons.

“I know this is hard to explain, but hear me out. I’m sort of a shapeshifter. I came here as an Emerald Cave Jewel.”

Seedling flew in front of Spring, and pointed at the dirty hood Pseudokeepeer was wearing. “He’s telling the truth. We found several used Uniform in different sizes in his room.” Seedling then bowed to Pseudokeeper. “We are sorry for checking your luggage, we thought you were dead.”

Pseudokeeper put his front legs down. “Don’t worry, this happens.”

“This only answered one of the questions.” Spring showed Pseudokeeper the skyship component. “Where did you get this lodged in your chest?”

“I was resting in my room when I saw a skyship struggled to stay in the sky, so I left through the window to see if they needed help. It fell down the sky just as I approached. I cushioned the ship with multiple layers of contuse, but some of the pieces still managed to hit me.”

“And what happened to the passengers?” Spring asked again. They stood on Pesudokeeper’s snout, while their talons were still out.

“They are safe! Though the ship wasn’t going to fly any time soon.” Pseudokeeper gently picked Spring off of him so he could wink at the Gemini. “Your other pair of twins asked you to make room for them.”

Spring went limp in Pseudokeeper’s hand, and Seedling jumped in rejoices. “Sprout and Spud are coming back! This calls for celebration! Free room and dinner today!”

Pesudokeeper looked outside of the window. The storm had calmed down a lot. "Let's go pick them up. Nobody deserved to be left out cold today," he said.
Golden filigree of mustard flower. Used in Lost in the Woods dom event. This link to pinglist of my foddart shop.A silver filigree of an asphodel flower and two pairs of dragonfly wings.A plushie of an Obelisk. This link to my avatar dragon.
@DismasYves (a reminder to come and finish this) Part 1: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/91169501][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/911696/91169501.png[/img][/url] No one would say this to the Grayscale Gang's face, but it was widely agreed upon that Blackwater Casino was the sort of sleazy, shady place one would go to complete some under-the-table deals. The scent of cigar smoke hung heavy in the air, while the sounds of loud chatter and the chiming of slot machines firing seemed to fill the whole room. With the lights dimmed and the staff paid to turn a blind eye, it only made sense that most of the Gang's dealings would happen in this place. Out of all the dragons at the casino, one stood out drastically. Daphne kept her gaze alert and ready as she stepped through the rows of machines, glancing back and forth in search of the dragon she was supposed to meet. The young detective was aware that she was not really supposed to be there, but her informant had refused to meet anywhere else due to the nature of the information. He would be protected here. Sitting in a dark corner near the food court was her target: a brown ridgeback in a bulky winter coat. Carefully, she made her way over and sat down casually at the table. Over the rim of his newspaper, he eyed her. "So, yer the one who was askin' about the poisonin' case, hm?" Daphne nodded. He held out a claw silently and she handed over some cash. "I would warn you to keep your nose out of the Gang's business, but I know you detective types won't listen. Here's what you need to know: the one that was poisoned was one of the staff members here. I don't know the specifics, but I heard it was some sort of plant that grows in the Ashfall Wastes. Apparently the guy got into some sort of fight with a visitor from there. That's as much as I know." Daphne jotted some notes down on a notepad and stood, thanking him for his time. As she left the area, however, her shoulder was grabbed by a security dragon. "The boss wants to speak with you." The thought of running flashed through her mind, but she quickly dismissed it. With a gulp, she nodded. "Lead the way." Part 2: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/76676766][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/766768/76676766.png[/img][/url] Two tough-looking dragons flanked the entrance to the Boss' office. Stepping inside, Daphne was astonished to find a polished black-and-white room with spade motifs scattered throughout. An Undertide was curled on a couch, waiting for her. "Good afternoon, Ms. Daphne. I hear you've been poking your nose around my casino." Frightened, Daphne kept her mouth shut. The other dragon seemed to realize she was scared and gestured to a nearby armchair. "Come, sit. I mean you no harm. There is nothing you can do to affect my position, so I have no reason to hurt you. We are merely here to discuss your case." Daphne followed the instruction and sat down. "I'm sorry your staff member was hurt," she said politely. "Erm, I apologize, but I'm not familiar with your name?" "I am Mirage, the owner of this place. Biscuit?" She nudged a plate of flat, round biscuits toward Daphne. Not wanting to be rude, the Guardian took one to nibble on. "Now, let's talk details. We've investigated and discovered that the poison must have been placed in the staff member's lunch sometime between when he arrived and when his lunch break was. We have security footage, but it's hard to make out the details of their appearance. We've narrowed the suspects down to these five. Would you mind taking a look and telling me your thoughts?" Five files were placed on the table. Daphne looked through each one, cross-referencing the new info with what she had gathered before. "This one," she announced, pointing to one. A Fire flight Gaoler who had recently come to town. A noted bad temper, and most of his time at the casino was spent at the roulette table with the staff member who was poisoned. She relayed her observations to Mirage, who nodded in understanding. "Not a bad guess. We won't know for certain until we confront him, of course." She sat up a little straighter and smiled. "Well, would you like to help me set a trap?" Part 3: (Ran out of steam on this one. Basically: The Fire Gaoler comes back to the casino to play more roulette. His usual table is staged with many hired dragons, and the new staff member running it has been briefed to give him a set of specific cards. After losing many games in a row, he loses his temper and starts a fight with the new staff, claiming that he is cheating before storming off. The next day, the staff's lunch is tested and it is revealed to have poison in it. The evidence lines up enough that the Gaoler is taken into custody, with the case to be investigated further. Mirage thanks Daphne for her help and offers her the Greyscale Gang's support in the future, but Daphne says she will think about it, since they technically are on opposite sides of the law.)
@DismasYves (a reminder to come and finish this)

Part 1:
91169501.png

No one would say this to the Grayscale Gang's face, but it was widely agreed upon that Blackwater Casino was the sort of sleazy, shady place one would go to complete some under-the-table deals. The scent of cigar smoke hung heavy in the air, while the sounds of loud chatter and the chiming of slot machines firing seemed to fill the whole room. With the lights dimmed and the staff paid to turn a blind eye, it only made sense that most of the Gang's dealings would happen in this place.

Out of all the dragons at the casino, one stood out drastically. Daphne kept her gaze alert and ready as she stepped through the rows of machines, glancing back and forth in search of the dragon she was supposed to meet. The young detective was aware that she was not really supposed to be there, but her informant had refused to meet anywhere else due to the nature of the information. He would be protected here.

Sitting in a dark corner near the food court was her target: a brown ridgeback in a bulky winter coat. Carefully, she made her way over and sat down casually at the table. Over the rim of his newspaper, he eyed her.

"So, yer the one who was askin' about the poisonin' case, hm?"

Daphne nodded. He held out a claw silently and she handed over some cash. "I would warn you to keep your nose out of the Gang's business, but I know you detective types won't listen. Here's what you need to know: the one that was poisoned was one of the staff members here. I don't know the specifics, but I heard it was some sort of plant that grows in the Ashfall Wastes. Apparently the guy got into some sort of fight with a visitor from there. That's as much as I know."

Daphne jotted some notes down on a notepad and stood, thanking him for his time. As she left the area, however, her shoulder was grabbed by a security dragon. "The boss wants to speak with you."

The thought of running flashed through her mind, but she quickly dismissed it. With a gulp, she nodded. "Lead the way."

Part 2:
76676766.png

Two tough-looking dragons flanked the entrance to the Boss' office. Stepping inside, Daphne was astonished to find a polished black-and-white room with spade motifs scattered throughout. An Undertide was curled on a couch, waiting for her. "Good afternoon, Ms. Daphne. I hear you've been poking your nose around my casino."

Frightened, Daphne kept her mouth shut. The other dragon seemed to realize she was scared and gestured to a nearby armchair. "Come, sit. I mean you no harm. There is nothing you can do to affect my position, so I have no reason to hurt you. We are merely here to discuss your case."

Daphne followed the instruction and sat down. "I'm sorry your staff member was hurt," she said politely. "Erm, I apologize, but I'm not familiar with your name?"

"I am Mirage, the owner of this place. Biscuit?" She nudged a plate of flat, round biscuits toward Daphne. Not wanting to be rude, the Guardian took one to nibble on. "Now, let's talk details. We've investigated and discovered that the poison must have been placed in the staff member's lunch sometime between when he arrived and when his lunch break was. We have security footage, but it's hard to make out the details of their appearance. We've narrowed the suspects down to these five. Would you mind taking a look and telling me your thoughts?"

Five files were placed on the table. Daphne looked through each one, cross-referencing the new info with what she had gathered before. "This one," she announced, pointing to one. A Fire flight Gaoler who had recently come to town. A noted bad temper, and most of his time at the casino was spent at the roulette table with the staff member who was poisoned. She relayed her observations to Mirage, who nodded in understanding.

"Not a bad guess. We won't know for certain until we confront him, of course." She sat up a little straighter and smiled. "Well, would you like to help me set a trap?"

Part 3:
(Ran out of steam on this one. Basically:
The Fire Gaoler comes back to the casino to play more roulette. His usual table is staged with many hired dragons, and the new staff member running it has been briefed to give him a set of specific cards. After losing many games in a row, he loses his temper and starts a fight with the new staff, claiming that he is cheating before storming off. The next day, the staff's lunch is tested and it is revealed to have poison in it. The evidence lines up enough that the Gaoler is taken into custody, with the case to be investigated further. Mirage thanks Daphne for her help and offers her the Greyscale Gang's support in the future, but Daphne says she will think about it, since they technically are on opposite sides of the law.)
TntJeP6.png M7v69JN.png
[rule][center] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/media_icons/shadow_rune_50x50.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/shadow_banner.png[/img][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84352639][img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/843527/84352639.png[/img][/url][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/media_icons/shadow_rune_50x50.png[/img][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/elemental_banners/shadow_banner.png[/img][/center][rule] [columns][font=georgia]Ash found himself studying the disappearance of one of the main hosts of a party he and a few friends attended. Late into the evening of this party, the host was found placed under a bookshelf, making it seem that he was crushed. The host was indeed not crushed, and the evidence found led to the conclusion it was a murder. The building was placed on lockdown and Ash, as well as a few soldiers, were then tasked with finding who the killer is. Whether or not they are found all depends on who the evidence points to. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/4881.png[/img][/center][nextcol][img]https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/914428510796390421/1201050036964954153/DetectiveAsh.png[/img][/columns]

shadow_rune_50x50.pngshadow_banner.png84352639.pngshadow_rune_50x50.pngshadow_banner.png

Ash found himself studying the disappearance of one of the main hosts of a party he and a few friends attended.

Late into the evening of this party, the host was found placed under a bookshelf, making it seem that he was crushed. The host was indeed not crushed, and the evidence found led to the conclusion it was a murder. The building was placed on lockdown and Ash, as well as a few soldiers, were then tasked with finding who the killer is.

Whether or not they are found all depends on who the evidence points to.

4881.png
DetectiveAsh.png
Half an Egg Challenge
Cheap, Derpy Art
The Spear Games (Day 2)

LJfZA40.pngmlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

70662466p.png Velrosan2023.png

1 2 3