Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [STARFALL] The Pirate Trials CYOA - end
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34 35
A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float

Aye, that's the ticket. Tincal was a messenger at heart (and by employment), and the wind was where he was most at home. The other ships look like they'd be a delight to romp around with, but if he had to pick one, it'd be a hot air balloon for sure.
A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float

Aye, that's the ticket. Tincal was a messenger at heart (and by employment), and the wind was where he was most at home. The other ships look like they'd be a delight to romp around with, but if he had to pick one, it'd be a hot air balloon for sure.
FR+3
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86152939][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/861530/86152939_350.png[/img][/url] Day Five: Ah! Sailing and the life on a ship! The Blood of all pirate adventures! Asthereim flew down to the little sailboats on the shore, and studied them. He had to admit, their sizes made them endearing. Selecting one, Asthereim pushed the little boat who where it floated freely, turned it around and hopped on, ready to set sail. (Chose option 1.)
86152939_350.png

Day Five:

Ah! Sailing and the life on a ship! The Blood of all pirate adventures!

Asthereim flew down to the little sailboats on the shore, and studied them. He had to admit, their sizes made them endearing.

Selecting one, Asthereim pushed the little boat who where it floated freely, turned it around and hopped on, ready to set sail.

(Chose option 1.)
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
[center][img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1132089362142736444/1151419092062974012/Untitled54_20230913002529.png[/img] [size=6][font=constantia][u]Day 5: Transportation[/u][/font][/size] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1132089362142736444/1151419092729868360/Untitled54_20230913002815.png[/img] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/28143221][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/281433/28143221_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] [b]You have to choose one of the craft moored in the bay. What do you pick?[/b] 1. A small sailing boat: the traditional choice. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3272239/21#post_55164460][emoji=pirate ship size=1][/url][/center] "Do you know the way out?" Beckett asked as the hainu ran to the end of the hallway and sat down, as if waiting for him to follow. He shrugged and followed the pup as it turned the corner. They would end up passing by many other similar-looking hainus patrolling the dungeon before exiting the way Beckett was brought in, where the captains and the strange Fae who called for their imprisonment stood. Beckett was beginning to panic as the creature he thought he befriended ran up to his captor, who engaged in what appeared to be a hushed conversation with it...? Before laying down in the grass as the Fae stood up. "This one escaped by making a new friend," spoke the Fae. Beckett held his breath but was surprised as Captain Starbeard was the one to approach him, complimenting him on his decision to extend the hand of friendship. He didn't know the imposing Sandsurge had a soft spot. Regardless, he breathed a sigh of relief as he was led back to the ship. It was all just another test, of course. He didn't feel much better, but he at least got his trident back. However, as soon as the airship returned to sea level, Beckett's tone would change. He spotted what had to be the next challenge, as several modes of transportation were moored at the docks below. [i]A boat![/i] Starbeard addressed the participants again, confirming Beckett's suspicions. As soon as the word "go" was uttered, the seafaring Coatl rocketed from the airship to the cluster of sailboats bobbing at the dock. He visually assessed each one until his heart pulled him towards a small but elegant craft with simple white sails faintly embroidered with the Arcane symbol. He checked the rigging, sail cloth, oars and hull for any serious imperfections before unhooking it from the dock and hoisting the sail in order to take it for a spin. He rocked it back and forth to test its resilience, made some tight turns in a figure eight, and began searching for any possible fish nearby. Before further instructions were given, his trident had found several targets, and his satchels became slightly less empty. If only the boat was outfitted with some nets and buckets! Satisfied, Beckett collapsed onto his back at the bottom of the boat, sighing with contentment.
Untitled54_20230913002529.png

Day 5: Transportation

Untitled54_20230913002815.png

28143221_350.png

You have to choose one of the craft moored in the bay. What do you pick?

1. A small sailing boat: the traditional choice.

"Do you know the way out?" Beckett asked as the hainu ran to the end of the hallway and sat down, as if waiting for him to follow. He shrugged and followed the pup as it turned the corner. They would end up passing by many other similar-looking hainus patrolling the dungeon before exiting the way Beckett was brought in, where the captains and the strange Fae who called for their imprisonment stood.

Beckett was beginning to panic as the creature he thought he befriended ran up to his captor, who engaged in what appeared to be a hushed conversation with it...? Before laying down in the grass as the Fae stood up.

"This one escaped by making a new friend," spoke the Fae. Beckett held his breath but was surprised as Captain Starbeard was the one to approach him, complimenting him on his decision to extend the hand of friendship. He didn't know the imposing Sandsurge had a soft spot. Regardless, he breathed a sigh of relief as he was led back to the ship. It was all just another test, of course. He didn't feel much better, but he at least got his trident back.

However, as soon as the airship returned to sea level, Beckett's tone would change. He spotted what had to be the next challenge, as several modes of transportation were moored at the docks below.

A boat!

Starbeard addressed the participants again, confirming Beckett's suspicions. As soon as the word "go" was uttered, the seafaring Coatl rocketed from the airship to the cluster of sailboats bobbing at the dock. He visually assessed each one until his heart pulled him towards a small but elegant craft with simple white sails faintly embroidered with the Arcane symbol. He checked the rigging, sail cloth, oars and hull for any serious imperfections before unhooking it from the dock and hoisting the sail in order to take it for a spin. He rocked it back and forth to test its resilience, made some tight turns in a figure eight, and began searching for any possible fish nearby. Before further instructions were given, his trident had found several targets, and his satchels became slightly less empty. If only the boat was outfitted with some nets and buckets! Satisfied, Beckett collapsed onto his back at the bottom of the boat, sighing with contentment.
XZHBdwO.gif___Oh5fgzz.png___UjPne50.gif
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88380070][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=3831177&skin=34243&apparel=19651,17240,42934,33833,23123,19447&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Dace automatically focused on the sailing boats, because while he could handle both those and the balloons competently his water-touch could likely be very useful for whatever came next. He didn't, at first, even register the mysteriously floating crystals as an actual, navigable choice. But. [i]Like riding meteors[/i], he picked up someone's words on the wind. He'd heard that phrase used before. A casual idiom among arcane natives, like [i]chasing the waves[/i] or [i]painting the sky[/i], he always assumed. Apparently more literal than metaphorical. Dace was a fae. And he was water-born, and wind-raised, but an arcane species and it had never occurred to him until just that moment that he had no idea how to go about riding a meteor. He wanted to. At least once, to have done it and have the memory and know he did it, whether he ever came back to do it again or no. Silly. He was in the middle of an extended hands-on job interview. He should show off the skills he already had, what the captains were looking for. ...But he'd not made any terrible blunders so far. The captains had noticed him as an individual several times that were all positive. Maybe if he tried it they would all see him flail and fail, but. Maybe, if he was careful and smart, he could show them his capacity to learn [i]new[/i] skills. Which would be [i]especially[/i] relevant to obtaining a position on the spaceship. Risky. He might scupper his chances with Captain Starbeard right here, regardless of how the rest of the trials went. (Or he might secure them.) But he [i]was[/i] careful and smart, so... not committing, yet. But. Dace hopped off the railing of the [i]Jolly Wavehopper[/i], opened his wings and circled down to one of the sailors stationed near a floating crystal, whose outfit looked a match to the crew of the [i]Foolish Prince's Revenge[/i]. He chirped request and, when it wasn't refused, backwinged neatly to perch on one of the large spikes jutting out near the ridgeback's ear. And spread his frills in greeting even though he'd already been noticed, for manners. "How to ride that?" he asked, pitching his voice as loud as he could without shouting. The ridgeback's head twisted toward him, so Dace obliged the attempt at a glance by flapping in place for a moment before he retook his perch. "You don't... huh, guess not. Expect to have a natural aptitude?" "No. Only magic is water-touch." Dace flicked his frills in thought. "...Could help if I go too high. Water is in air. Pull water to me to breathe. Or hold water in me together against missing pressure." Like space. Very casual implication, not transparent at all. (Might not get reported anyway.) "Huhhh." The crewdrake showed a bit more interest, although it could have just been at the potential for messy hijinks. "Goes like this." Dace listened carefully. Dace asked questions wherever he thought of them, until he thought he'd committed to mind a firm grasp of the theory, including likeliest mistakes to make and proper responses to correct them. Could still go with a safe option. But riding a meteor didn't feel [i]unsafe[/i] now, and Dace still wanted to do it. "Sea to stars," he declared and climbed on. [center][b]Day 5 - option 3[/b] (floating crystal shard)[/center]
scry?sdid=3831177&skin=34243&apparel=19651,17240,42934,33833,23123,19447&xt=dressing.png

Dace automatically focused on the sailing boats, because while he could handle both those and the balloons competently his water-touch could likely be very useful for whatever came next. He didn't, at first, even register the mysteriously floating crystals as an actual, navigable choice.

But.

Like riding meteors, he picked up someone's words on the wind. He'd heard that phrase used before. A casual idiom among arcane natives, like chasing the waves or painting the sky, he always assumed. Apparently more literal than metaphorical.

Dace was a fae. And he was water-born, and wind-raised, but an arcane species and it had never occurred to him until just that moment that he had no idea how to go about riding a meteor.

He wanted to. At least once, to have done it and have the memory and know he did it, whether he ever came back to do it again or no.

Silly. He was in the middle of an extended hands-on job interview. He should show off the skills he already had, what the captains were looking for.

...But he'd not made any terrible blunders so far. The captains had noticed him as an individual several times that were all positive. Maybe if he tried it they would all see him flail and fail, but. Maybe, if he was careful and smart, he could show them his capacity to learn new skills. Which would be especially relevant to obtaining a position on the spaceship.

Risky. He might scupper his chances with Captain Starbeard right here, regardless of how the rest of the trials went. (Or he might secure them.) But he was careful and smart, so... not committing, yet. But.

Dace hopped off the railing of the Jolly Wavehopper, opened his wings and circled down to one of the sailors stationed near a floating crystal, whose outfit looked a match to the crew of the Foolish Prince's Revenge. He chirped request and, when it wasn't refused, backwinged neatly to perch on one of the large spikes jutting out near the ridgeback's ear. And spread his frills in greeting even though he'd already been noticed, for manners.

"How to ride that?" he asked, pitching his voice as loud as he could without shouting.

The ridgeback's head twisted toward him, so Dace obliged the attempt at a glance by flapping in place for a moment before he retook his perch. "You don't... huh, guess not. Expect to have a natural aptitude?"

"No. Only magic is water-touch." Dace flicked his frills in thought. "...Could help if I go too high. Water is in air. Pull water to me to breathe. Or hold water in me together against missing pressure."

Like space. Very casual implication, not transparent at all. (Might not get reported anyway.)

"Huhhh." The crewdrake showed a bit more interest, although it could have just been at the potential for messy hijinks. "Goes like this."

Dace listened carefully. Dace asked questions wherever he thought of them, until he thought he'd committed to mind a firm grasp of the theory, including likeliest mistakes to make and proper responses to correct them.

Could still go with a safe option. But riding a meteor didn't feel unsafe now, and Dace still wanted to do it.

"Sea to stars," he declared and climbed on.

Day 5 - option 3 (floating crystal shard)
cloudbear familiar adopt (links to free resource)why does align right not work fit fit fit fit fit okHobbes dragon plushie (links to breeding pairs)
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [url=https://youtu.be/BRwBa4ahWqM?si=qMLGLQ53FfzfForH] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/306673869920665600/1157130524716974110/ZEPhot.gif[/img][/url] [font=Gabriola][size=5]- [i][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/3934397]Zep[/url]'s Hot Air Balloon Interlude[/i] -[/font][/size] [b]Option 2: A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float.[/b]
Day 5

ZEPhot.gif

- Zep's Hot Air Balloon Interlude -

Option 2: A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float.
out_of_this_world_banner_by_minecrafternenagirl-d7m8hz9.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/75572075][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/755721/75572075_350.png[/img][/url] After the lack of attention from the Hainu, Tempest went to her second option, leverage. Truly she wasn't entirely confident that it would work out, but it was all she could think of. So what else was there to do? She took a deep breath and pulled the makeshift bed over to try to break free. It gave her a bit of trouble, unsurprisingly so she took another deep breath and put all of her strength into it. With a loud clang, and much to her surprise, the door fell! "Yes!" she called, before quickly shutting her mouth. She didn't want to bring the guards down on her head. Though surprisingly, she heard neither alarm nor shouts. Just a small clang as a light metal hit the ground. "Oh sure, now you drop the keys," Tempest stated to the Hainu, rolling her eyes before leaning down to pet it. Then it led her out. Surprising. Tempest gave a slightly ashamed look at Crossbones' comment about the cell door. "Sorry about that. I couldn't think of anything else, heh-" she stated. But her voice was slightly drowned out by Captain Rafferty's cry. She couldn't help herself from grinning at the compliment. Score. "I do my best!" she mused. Feeling rather confident now, she couldn't help but think, 'Onward to the next trial!'. She leaned against the rail, smiling as she let the wind blow through her mane. So relaxing. As they got closer to their destination, she spotted some things in the distance: simple sail boats, which made sense. But the hot air balloons and the....crystals? How curious. Before she knew it, they'd stopped and were given their next trial. Transport to the next destination of their journey. Well obviously she would have to go with the hot air balloon. Easier to see things from and far more fun! So that's exactly what she did. (Option 2)
75572075_350.png

After the lack of attention from the Hainu, Tempest went to her second option, leverage. Truly she wasn't entirely confident that it would work out, but it was all she could think of. So what else was there to do? She took a deep breath and pulled the makeshift bed over to try to break free. It gave her a bit of trouble, unsurprisingly so she took another deep breath and put all of her strength into it.

With a loud clang, and much to her surprise, the door fell! "Yes!" she called, before quickly shutting her mouth. She didn't want to bring the guards down on her head. Though surprisingly, she heard neither alarm nor shouts. Just a small clang as a light metal hit the ground. "Oh sure, now you drop the keys," Tempest stated to the Hainu, rolling her eyes before leaning down to pet it. Then it led her out. Surprising.

Tempest gave a slightly ashamed look at Crossbones' comment about the cell door. "Sorry about that. I couldn't think of anything else, heh-" she stated. But her voice was slightly drowned out by Captain Rafferty's cry. She couldn't help herself from grinning at the compliment. Score. "I do my best!" she mused.

Feeling rather confident now, she couldn't help but think, 'Onward to the next trial!'. She leaned against the rail, smiling as she let the wind blow through her mane. So relaxing. As they got closer to their destination, she spotted some things in the distance: simple sail boats, which made sense. But the hot air balloons and the....crystals? How curious. Before she knew it, they'd stopped and were given their next trial. Transport to the next destination of their journey. Well obviously she would have to go with the hot air balloon. Easier to see things from and far more fun! So that's exactly what she did.

(Option 2)
The Pirate Trials BadgeJHA6Dim.png
[columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=69422914][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/battlesprites/694230/69422914.png[/img][/url][nextcol][color=transparent]_[/color][nextcol][right][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3272239/21#post_55164468][size=4][color=bronze][b][i]Thursday[/i][/b][/color][/size][/url][/right] [size=4]Abdul's eyes rapidly skim over the sailing boat and the hot air balloon. He's ridden similar craft before, and the novelty has worn off -- plus, if he's going to be entirely honest with himself, he isn't sure he can handle all those ropes and sails and stuff. Those crystal shards, though? Those look like fun! [i]"Sure, I have absolutely no idea how to handle one of those either,"[/i] he silently admits, [i]"but at least if I capsize, I'm going down in style!"[/i] [b](3) A floating crystal shard: like riding a meteorite[/b] -- that's the way to go![/size][/columns]
69422914.png _ Abdul's eyes rapidly skim over the sailing boat and the hot air balloon. He's ridden similar craft before, and the novelty has worn off -- plus, if he's going to be entirely honest with himself, he isn't sure he can handle all those ropes and sails and stuff.

Those crystal shards, though? Those look like fun! "Sure, I have absolutely no idea how to handle one of those either," he silently admits, "but at least if I capsize, I'm going down in style!"

(3) A floating crystal shard: like riding a meteorite -- that's the way to go!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +15 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84968700][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/849688/84968700_350.png[/img][/url] [font=courier][size=4]Day Five[/center] [font=courier][size=4]Geys is still a little miffed about the damage done to her coat, but the resentment soon dissolves at the sight of the craft awaiting her below. "Oh, [i]hell[/i] yeah!" she cries, and hooting and hollering she vaults over the side of the 'hopper. She plummets a distance before snapping open her wings and corkscrewing down to the field of hovering crystals. She darts between the each of them, studying their facets and cuts, and admiring how her glow is reflected on their shiny surfaces. By one more hexagonal than the rest, she comes to a mid-air stop, and leans in close. Abruptly, the blazing blue of her eyes and rents in her body flare brighter, more powerful: a challenge. Geys flicks the crystal with a claw, shooting an arc of brilliant plasma against its surface. The crystal hums, and doesn't crack! "You will [i]do[/i]," Geys purrs, and leaps atop her new mount. [center][font=courier][size=4](Selected option 3.) [img]https://i.imgur.com/HNYtz6p.png[/img]
84968700_350.png

Day Five
Geys is still a little miffed about the damage done to her coat, but the resentment soon dissolves at the sight of the craft awaiting her below.

"Oh, hell yeah!" she cries, and hooting and hollering she vaults over the side of the 'hopper. She plummets a distance before snapping open her wings and corkscrewing down to the field of hovering crystals.

She darts between the each of them, studying their facets and cuts, and admiring how her glow is reflected on their shiny surfaces. By one more hexagonal than the rest, she comes to a mid-air stop, and leans in close. Abruptly, the blazing blue of her eyes and rents in her body flare brighter, more powerful: a challenge. Geys flicks the crystal with a claw, shooting an arc of brilliant plasma against its surface. The crystal hums, and doesn't crack!

"You will do," Geys purrs, and leaps atop her new mount.
(Selected option 3.)

HNYtz6p.png
DRAGONS !
[center][b]Day 5[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/49886956][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/498870/49886956_350.png[/img][/url][/center] Delta nodded to Captain Starbeard's advice. She agreed! Befriending people would get you very far in adventures, which seemed slightly contrary to typical pirating, but she'd found that it worked so far. She gave a last pet to the Hainu as she was passing it, and it grinned up at her, its tongue lolling out of its mouth. That was far more fun than she had been expecting! As Delta peered over the edge of Rafferty's balloon, she could see three fleets of vessels on the shore. The first ones that caught her eyes were the colorful balloons, standing out like a bouquet of flowers over the rolling blue waves. A group of sailing ships were beside them, and also a curious array of floating crystals that she supposed were also used for travel. She guessed she was supposed to choose one of these to ride, and Captain Starbeard's instructions confirmed that. This wasn't an ordinary trial, but the decision was still going to be tough! Delta's gaze flicked back and forth between the ships and the balloons. She was having a little difficulty deciding which one to ride. On the one hand, she was experienced at sailing boats like these ones and could probably use her water magic to speed herself along. But, the ships were maybe [i]too[/i] safe. The balloons...they just looked so fun! They were calling to her, promising her adventure and wind between her wings. She smiled, gripping her staff (which the pirates had kindly returned upon her finishing of the last task) and headed towards one of the hot air balloons. This one was as yellow as the beautiful sand of the cove and she could already imagine herself soaring towards her next destination. (option 2)
Day 5
49886956_350.png

Delta nodded to Captain Starbeard's advice. She agreed! Befriending people would get you very far in adventures, which seemed slightly contrary to typical pirating, but she'd found that it worked so far. She gave a last pet to the Hainu as she was passing it, and it grinned up at her, its tongue lolling out of its mouth. That was far more fun than she had been expecting!

As Delta peered over the edge of Rafferty's balloon, she could see three fleets of vessels on the shore. The first ones that caught her eyes were the colorful balloons, standing out like a bouquet of flowers over the rolling blue waves. A group of sailing ships were beside them, and also a curious array of floating crystals that she supposed were also used for travel. She guessed she was supposed to choose one of these to ride, and Captain Starbeard's instructions confirmed that. This wasn't an ordinary trial, but the decision was still going to be tough!

Delta's gaze flicked back and forth between the ships and the balloons. She was having a little difficulty deciding which one to ride. On the one hand, she was experienced at sailing boats like these ones and could probably use her water magic to speed herself along. But, the ships were maybe too safe. The balloons...they just looked so fun! They were calling to her, promising her adventure and wind between her wings. She smiled, gripping her staff (which the pirates had kindly returned upon her finishing of the last task) and headed towards one of the hot air balloons. This one was as yellow as the beautiful sand of the cove and she could already imagine herself soaring towards her next destination.

(option 2)
PX2x8Tb.pngimage-9.pngWCSunday.pngFragmented-Tablet.pngKelBIQc.png
[center]Day Five: Thursday [b]2. A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float[/b] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82218290][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/822183/82218290_350.png[/img][/url] [/center] Jolly’s having a wonderful time! Sure he got thrown into a cell, but it wasn’t that bad. Thanks to last night’s feast, he didn’t feel hungry, and he got to befriend a good winged doggo. Even better, he got to give it lots of belly rubs. Yep, yep, it sure is a good day. He got Captain Starbeard’s approval, so he managed to curry flavour with all three captains. Wondrous!! And now, his eyes gleams as he stares at the hot balloon, finally! He’s excited to see where this balloon will take him. Jolly’s too used to the sea, and space is too far (who knows if he could find his way back down?!). The sky is perfect and where he wants to be.
Day Five: Thursday
2. A hot air balloon: you’d rather fly than float

82218290_350.png

Jolly’s having a wonderful time!

Sure he got thrown into a cell, but it wasn’t that bad. Thanks to last night’s feast, he didn’t feel hungry, and he got to befriend a good winged doggo. Even better, he got to give it lots of belly rubs. Yep, yep, it sure is a good day.

He got Captain Starbeard’s approval, so he managed to curry flavour with all three captains. Wondrous!!

And now, his eyes gleams as he stares at the hot balloon, finally!
He’s excited to see where this balloon will take him. Jolly’s too used to the sea, and space is too far (who knows if he could find his way back down?!).
The sky is perfect and where he wants to be.
85074958.png
UIuKM01.png
YMPbu9R.png
HxcMlGn.png
JvUa9ma.png
hOwQuFI.png

FObX7rS.png
2634384.png LWTq9T9.png
1 2 ... 21 22 23 24 25 ... 34 35