Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Lucklocke Rules & About!
[center]- [i]Welcome! Have you been looking for an art and lore based challenge along the lines of classics like pinkerlock without having to deal with the slog that is the coliseum? A challenge that's easily customisable to fit your pace and playstyle? Then check out my new challenge, the Lucklocke.[/i] -[/center] This challenge is all based on rng, and to take part you'll be making use of a random number generator, typically rolling from 1 to 2, 10 or 100 depending on the roll needed. The rates I've set up are intended to focus mostly on art and lore and are usually fairly forgiving, but if you want more of a challenge you can very easily adjust the rates of your own run as you see fit. The rates are intended to mainly focus on progressing your story and characters, with the occasional death scattered throughout. While each set of rolls count as a "day" in the guidelines below, you can do it as much as you please. Once a day, several times a day, once a week, whatever suits your flow. Here are the general guidelines for how this locke works! [quote=Guidelines]Every "day", roll from 1-100 using a random number generator [url=https://www.random.org/](such as this one)[/url]. What you do next depends on the number you get. 1-25: [b]Fight![/b] (25%) 26-55: [b]Write![/b] (30%) 56-85: [b]Draw![/b] (30%) 86-90: [b]Buy![/b] (5%) 91-95: [b]Breed![/b] (5%) 96-100: [b]Event![/b] (5%)[/quote] [quote=Fight Guidelines][center][b]Fight[/b][/center] If you roll for fight, then your group has encountered a conflict! Roll 1-100 for every dragon in your group to determine their fate. Optionally if you have a lot of dragons you can limit the roll to a certain amount, however I suggest having at least 5 dragons involved each time to keep things interesting. 1-50: No Change 51-85: Minor Injury 86-95: Major Injury 96-100: Dies If you roll no change, then that dragon is fine. If they die, they're permanently removed from the locke and should be written as either dead or cast out in the story. If they gain an injury, subsequent fights will be impacted depending on the injury type, and the start of each day will require a roll to try and heal the injury. [b]Minor Injuries:[/b] A dragon in a fight with a minor injury does not change. The main thing to be mindful of is that if a dragon has 3 minor injuries at one time, these will combine into a major injury. At the start of the day before you do your main roll, do a roll from 1-10 for [i]each[/i] minor injury a dragon has to determine whether it heals. 1-7: Heal 8-10: Doesn't Heal [b]Major Injuries:[/b] A dragon in a fight with a major injury must use the following rates, from 1-100. 1-10: Survive unharmed 11-20: Minor Injury 21-50: Major Injury 51-80: Incapacitated 81-100: Dies Use the following rates to determine whether a major injury heals or not, otherwise following the same rules as healing minor injuries. 1-5: Heal 6-10: Doesn’t Heal [b]Incapacitated:[/b] Just like how 3 minor injuries stack into a major injury, 3 major injuries will stack into being incapacitated. A dragon that is incapacitated is severely wounded to the point of near-death, and cannot participate in breeding. If a dragon that is incapacitated is selected when an event is rolled, they are [i]always[/i] killed off. If a dragon that is incapacitated when you roll for a normal fight, you must roll from 1-2. 1 means they survive (but remain incapacitated) and 2 means they die. Incapacitation however can be healed off just like injuries, and at the start of each day you roll for healing incapacitation. 1-5: Healed of their incapacitated status 6-8: Remains incapacitated for that day 9-10: Dies If you want to play this locke with more of a challenge, you can elect to have a dragon that heals from incapacitation be downgraded to 2 major injuries to indicate the severity of the situation, but as is usual this is up to you! Injuries are intended to make fights a little more interesting that just "lives or doesn't live" along with providing plenty of fuel for your stories and art. Generally speaking injuries are survivable, but you can get unlucky as the more injured a dragon is the more likely they are to die. [i]Remember: Roll for healing before you do your main roll of that day![/i] [/quote] [quote=Write & Draw Guidelines][center][b]Write & Draw[/b][/center] Pretty self explanatory! Write a post or do a drawing about what's happened to your dragons recently, the relationships between them all, how their appearance might have changed etc. What story you create from this is really up to you.[/quote] [quote=Buy Guidelines][center][b]Buy[/b][/center] If you roll for this, buy a new dragon off of the auction house to add to your group, using the list below to determine which breed you'll buy. Additionally, you can add to this by filtering by male if the initial number you rolled was odd, or female if that number was even. If you want to play true to classic locke style, pick the very first, cheapest dragon shown after you filter. If you're like me though and want to maintain a slight degree of choice, pick any dragon from the first page. Whether to filter by adult or not is up to you (optionally, roll 1-2 to determine whether it's adult or baby!) 1- Bogsneak 2- Coatl 3- Fae 4- Guardian 5- Imperial 6- Mirror 7- Nocturne 8- Obelisk 9- Pearlcatcher 10- Ridgeback 11- Skydancer 12- Snapper 13- Spiral 14- Tundra 15- Wildclaw 16- Aberration 17- Aether 18- Banescale 19- Gaoler 20- Underside 21- Veilspun [/quote] [quote=Breed Guidelines][center][b]Breed[/b][/center] Breed two dragons of your choosing. As per usual locke rules this is a difficult and challenging world, so when a nest hatches roll 1-2 per hatchling to determine whether they live or die. 1 and they survive, 2 and they die. If you don't have any dragons that are currently compatible to breed due to cooldowns, incapacitation, the sex of your dragons or their status as moderns/ancients, instead buy a dragon using the buy rules above but filter by baby specifically.[/quote] [quote=Event Guidelines][center][b]Event[/b][/center] Uh-oh, something major is happening and not in a good way. This is a combined fight + write result. Using rng pick a random dragon from your group (aka if you have 6 dragons, roll from 1-6). Now roll from 1-2 to determine their fate. Roll 1 and they live, roll 2 and they die. Regardless of the outcome, now write an entry about what happened. A near-death encounter, or a devastating loss?[/quote] When first starting this locke you can pick a few dragons (I recommend 2-5) from the AH using the Buy rules, or existing dragons from your lair. How you start this story is up to you! For context to all of this, I came up with this because I wanted to do a lore-based challenge along the lines of classics like Pinkerlocke, where deaths could occur that very well may be out of my hands. The story I had envisioned was a post-apocolypse zombie survival type of story, so a gritty tone fit well. But frankly... I really dislike the coli :P and I think the element of pure randomness outside of your control adds a lot to how this could all play out. This is a brand new challenge and I'll likely have some fine-tuning to do as I progress through my own run. If anyone has feedback on this from their own experience trying it out, I'd love to hear. Don't by shy about linking your own threads trying out this challenge on this one!
-
Welcome! Have you been looking for an art and lore based challenge along the lines of classics like pinkerlock without having to deal with the slog that is the coliseum? A challenge that's easily customisable to fit your pace and playstyle? Then check out my new challenge, the Lucklocke.
-

This challenge is all based on rng, and to take part you'll be making use of a random number generator, typically rolling from 1 to 2, 10 or 100 depending on the roll needed. The rates I've set up are intended to focus mostly on art and lore and are usually fairly forgiving, but if you want more of a challenge you can very easily adjust the rates of your own run as you see fit. The rates are intended to mainly focus on progressing your story and characters, with the occasional death scattered throughout. While each set of rolls count as a "day" in the guidelines below, you can do it as much as you please. Once a day, several times a day, once a week, whatever suits your flow.

Here are the general guidelines for how this locke works!
Guidelines wrote:
Every "day", roll from 1-100 using a random number generator (such as this one). What you do next depends on the number you get.

1-25: Fight! (25%)
26-55: Write! (30%)
56-85: Draw! (30%)
86-90: Buy! (5%)
91-95: Breed! (5%)
96-100: Event! (5%)
Fight Guidelines wrote:
Fight
If you roll for fight, then your group has encountered a conflict! Roll 1-100 for every dragon in your group to determine their fate. Optionally if you have a lot of dragons you can limit the roll to a certain amount, however I suggest having at least 5 dragons involved each time to keep things interesting.
1-50: No Change
51-85: Minor Injury
86-95: Major Injury
96-100: Dies
If you roll no change, then that dragon is fine. If they die, they're permanently removed from the locke and should be written as either dead or cast out in the story. If they gain an injury, subsequent fights will be impacted depending on the injury type, and the start of each day will require a roll to try and heal the injury.

Minor Injuries: A dragon in a fight with a minor injury does not change. The main thing to be mindful of is that if a dragon has 3 minor injuries at one time, these will combine into a major injury. At the start of the day before you do your main roll, do a roll from 1-10 for each minor injury a dragon has to determine whether it heals.
1-7: Heal
8-10: Doesn't Heal

Major Injuries: A dragon in a fight with a major injury must use the following rates, from 1-100.
1-10: Survive unharmed
11-20: Minor Injury
21-50: Major Injury
51-80: Incapacitated
81-100: Dies

Use the following rates to determine whether a major injury heals or not, otherwise following the same rules as healing minor injuries.
1-5: Heal
6-10: Doesn’t Heal

Incapacitated: Just like how 3 minor injuries stack into a major injury, 3 major injuries will stack into being incapacitated. A dragon that is incapacitated is severely wounded to the point of near-death, and cannot participate in breeding. If a dragon that is incapacitated is selected when an event is rolled, they are always killed off. If a dragon that is incapacitated when you roll for a normal fight, you must roll from 1-2. 1 means they survive (but remain incapacitated) and 2 means they die. Incapacitation however can be healed off just like injuries, and at the start of each day you roll for healing incapacitation.
1-5: Healed of their incapacitated status
6-8: Remains incapacitated for that day
9-10: Dies

If you want to play this locke with more of a challenge, you can elect to have a dragon that heals from incapacitation be downgraded to 2 major injuries to indicate the severity of the situation, but as is usual this is up to you!

Injuries are intended to make fights a little more interesting that just "lives or doesn't live" along with providing plenty of fuel for your stories and art. Generally speaking injuries are survivable, but you can get unlucky as the more injured a dragon is the more likely they are to die.

Remember: Roll for healing before you do your main roll of that day!
Write & Draw Guidelines wrote:
Write & Draw
Pretty self explanatory! Write a post or do a drawing about what's happened to your dragons recently, the relationships between them all, how their appearance might have changed etc. What story you create from this is really up to you.
Buy Guidelines wrote:
Buy
If you roll for this, buy a new dragon off of the auction house to add to your group, using the list below to determine which breed you'll buy. Additionally, you can add to this by filtering by male if the initial number you rolled was odd, or female if that number was even. If you want to play true to classic locke style, pick the very first, cheapest dragon shown after you filter. If you're like me though and want to maintain a slight degree of choice, pick any dragon from the first page. Whether to filter by adult or not is up to you (optionally, roll 1-2 to determine whether it's adult or baby!)

1- Bogsneak
2- Coatl
3- Fae
4- Guardian
5- Imperial
6- Mirror
7- Nocturne
8- Obelisk
9- Pearlcatcher
10- Ridgeback
11- Skydancer
12- Snapper
13- Spiral
14- Tundra
15- Wildclaw
16- Aberration
17- Aether
18- Banescale
19- Gaoler
20- Underside
21- Veilspun
Breed Guidelines wrote:
Breed
Breed two dragons of your choosing. As per usual locke rules this is a difficult and challenging world, so when a nest hatches roll 1-2 per hatchling to determine whether they live or die. 1 and they survive, 2 and they die.

If you don't have any dragons that are currently compatible to breed due to cooldowns, incapacitation, the sex of your dragons or their status as moderns/ancients, instead buy a dragon using the buy rules above but filter by baby specifically.
Event Guidelines wrote:
Event
Uh-oh, something major is happening and not in a good way. This is a combined fight + write result. Using rng pick a random dragon from your group (aka if you have 6 dragons, roll from 1-6). Now roll from 1-2 to determine their fate. Roll 1 and they live, roll 2 and they die. Regardless of the outcome, now write an entry about what happened. A near-death encounter, or a devastating loss?

When first starting this locke you can pick a few dragons (I recommend 2-5) from the AH using the Buy rules, or existing dragons from your lair. How you start this story is up to you!

For context to all of this, I came up with this because I wanted to do a lore-based challenge along the lines of classics like Pinkerlocke, where deaths could occur that very well may be out of my hands. The story I had envisioned was a post-apocolypse zombie survival type of story, so a gritty tone fit well. But frankly... I really dislike the coli :P and I think the element of pure randomness outside of your control adds a lot to how this could all play out.

This is a brand new challenge and I'll likely have some fine-tuning to do as I progress through my own run. If anyone has feedback on this from their own experience trying it out, I'd love to hear. Don't by shy about linking your own threads trying out this challenge on this one!
3bOUqr5.png - Skin Shop

- Hatchery

- Stained Glass Adopts
Finally, a ruleset with no Coliseum! Sweet!
Finally, a ruleset with no Coliseum! Sweet!
QB1ezjo.pngpMh8rVE.png
This seems fun!
This seems fun!
66283183.png 66719993.png
I love this idea! I've been considering something like this for just lore, and without having to sacrifice dragons to exaltation or having to grind in coli.

I may start one of these myself...

edit: I went ahead and did that.
I love this idea! I've been considering something like this for just lore, and without having to sacrifice dragons to exaltation or having to grind in coli.

I may start one of these myself...

edit: I went ahead and did that.
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
oohh i like this a lot! i think i'll do a version of this :>
oohh i like this a lot! i think i'll do a version of this :>
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread
wishlist
warrior cat oc art

||
||
||
||
||
||

mogai/lgbt pixel resources
warrior cat clan game
my lore thread

update i have yet to do this but i wanna bump the thread anyway bc it's cool and more folks should do it :>
update i have yet to do this but i wanna bump the thread anyway bc it's cool and more folks should do it :>
my hatchery
dragon package rescue
writing shop
geneticats adopts:
breedable genetics-based rng adopts

||
||
||
||
||
||

my bio code thread