Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] Beneath the Boughs
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 249 250
@CleverTrick

Definitely! It's good to see you again!
@CleverTrick

Definitely! It's good to see you again!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/19#post_49792709]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 18: Growth[/u][/b] [item=eerie cloth trappings] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73734606][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/3643.png[/img][/center] "I'm proud of you, you know," Sage looked up to see Refuge fluttering beside her. She had just been making sure the three sprouting eggs were safe and comfortable in the nest she had built among the roots of the grand sycamore. "For what?" Sage asked. "For how you're handling your loss," Refuge responded. "You are making sure you don't push away your friends this time. You are leaning on them in your grief and letting them into your life." "Well," Sage shrugged. "Last time, when I lost my charge, I lost everything I had. This time, I still have dragons depending and waiting on me. Besides, the best way to honor Shale's memory is to live as openly as he did. It doesn't come naturally to me, but I am working on it. Plus, he and the Gladekeeper gifted me with eggs, I need to make sure all of our kids are safe, not just Morning." "I know," Refuge said. "I just wanted to acknowledge all the hard work you are putting into this. It's not easy to fight the reactions your trauma bred into you, and I recognize that making the healthiest choice for you and your loved ones does not go without extreme effort." "Thank you," Sage sighed, letting go of a breath she didn't know that she was holding. "Every day there is some point where I want to run away and leave everyone behind." Refuge nodded. "And yet you choose to stay, that is incredibly brave of you. And I know the others don't see it, so I wanted to make sure you heard someone say that they were proud of you. I am proud of you. The Gladekeeper is proud of you. Your work is not going unnoticed." Sage felt a tear roll down her face as she broke down into sobs. They were not out of despair this time, for the first time since Shale's death. This time they were a release, and allowance to feel, validation she didn't know she wanted. Refuge moved closer, settling on her shoulder, just to sit and be a warm, friendly presence. For once, she did not have to carry this alone. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/20#post_49812418]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick[/center] ----- I figured this sort of chapter was needed to provide closure after our last one. Because I didn't write anything yesterday and can still make a Pinkerton pull, I'll probably draw it and write another chapter later, so keep your eyes peeled for that!

Day 18: Growth
Eerie Cloth Trappings
Sentence: Writing

scry?sdid=2149676&skin=0&apparel=30204,30205,21803,21804,21809,21806&xt=dressing.png
3643.png

"I'm proud of you, you know," Sage looked up to see Refuge fluttering beside her. She had just been making sure the three sprouting eggs were safe and comfortable in the nest she had built among the roots of the grand sycamore.

"For what?" Sage asked.

"For how you're handling your loss," Refuge responded. "You are making sure you don't push away your friends this time. You are leaning on them in your grief and letting them into your life."

"Well," Sage shrugged. "Last time, when I lost my charge, I lost everything I had. This time, I still have dragons depending and waiting on me. Besides, the best way to honor Shale's memory is to live as openly as he did. It doesn't come naturally to me, but I am working on it. Plus, he and the Gladekeeper gifted me with eggs, I need to make sure all of our kids are safe, not just Morning."

"I know," Refuge said. "I just wanted to acknowledge all the hard work you are putting into this. It's not easy to fight the reactions your trauma bred into you, and I recognize that making the healthiest choice for you and your loved ones does not go without extreme effort."

"Thank you," Sage sighed, letting go of a breath she didn't know that she was holding. "Every day there is some point where I want to run away and leave everyone behind."

Refuge nodded. "And yet you choose to stay, that is incredibly brave of you. And I know the others don't see it, so I wanted to make sure you heard someone say that they were proud of you. I am proud of you. The Gladekeeper is proud of you. Your work is not going unnoticed."

Sage felt a tear roll down her face as she broke down into sobs. They were not out of despair this time, for the first time since Shale's death. This time they were a release, and allowance to feel, validation she didn't know she wanted. Refuge moved closer, settling on her shoulder, just to sit and be a warm, friendly presence. For once, she did not have to carry this alone.

I figured this sort of chapter was needed to provide closure after our last one.

Because I didn't write anything yesterday and can still make a Pinkerton pull, I'll probably draw it and write another chapter later, so keep your eyes peeled for that!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/20#post_49810146]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 19: Art Day[/u][/b] [item=simple raptorik sash] Sentence: Art[/center] ----- See? I told you all I would probably do a second day today! I got an art pull, so in light of out recent loss I drew some art of Shale with baby Morning! I was experimenting with a new style, but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it long term. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/ec9f4d3fb6a1b96b75a6ed46ec192c24/4b5d1fa9f0191b0d-cc/s540x810/cd54b076670ff51f5f55764c2093395d7002575e.jpg[/img][/center] Enjoy!!! ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/20#post_49821776]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick[/center] -----

Day 19: Art Day
Simple Raptorik Sash
Sentence: Art

See? I told you all I would probably do a second day today! I got an art pull, so in light of out recent loss I drew some art of Shale with baby Morning! I was experimenting with a new style, but I'm not sure I'm going to stick with it long term.
cd54b076670ff51f5f55764c2093395d7002575e.jpg

Enjoy!!!

MMh, not much to say right now. Big planning for NotN, Head hurts from grinding G&G, and I kinda just wanna sleep. HOWEVER... The art is heartwarming. Everyone loves baby morning. [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1]

MMh, not much to say right now. Big planning for NotN, Head hurts from grinding G&G, and I kinda just wanna sleep.

HOWEVER... The art is heartwarming. Everyone loves baby morning.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
Aww, baby Tundra art :) I love it! I love the poses you drew them in, too.
Aww, baby Tundra art :) I love it! I love the poses you drew them in, too.
oh my gOD that art of baby Morning is so cute
oh my gOD that art of baby Morning is so cute
___ [IMG][/IMG]
___ sig_button_by_soenkan-dcab06q.png ___
[IMG][/IMG]
@MisterMylez

That is so valid, NOTN is such a big event!!!

Thank you!!!

@BarbaraFett

Thanks!!! I had fun with it!

@Leopardmask

Thanks! I really love how he turned out!
@MisterMylez

That is so valid, NOTN is such a big event!!!

Thank you!!!

@BarbaraFett

Thanks!!! I had fun with it!

@Leopardmask

Thanks! I really love how he turned out!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/20#post_49812418]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 20: Nocturnal[/u][/b] [item=shifting kelpie mane] Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/73985412][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] A darkness had come to cover the Viridian Forest, unlike any Morning had seen before. Even well into the day, no light penetrated the dark sky. Strange beasts had appeared, jumping out of their inanimate disguises and scuttling off into the night. Strange sounds had also begun emerging from the shadows, mimicking the sounds of those around them. Morning hadn't noticed them at first, at least not until it was his own voice being mimicked. Adriel had explained that this was Night of the Nocturne, as she is the only one who had lived through this event previously. It was perfectly normal, she said. A period of time that differed in length each time it occurred. It was a giant surge of shadow magic, which accompanied the appearance of thousands of newly formed nocturne dragons, born to no parents but the shadows themselves. They would go off and find clans to find homes in eventually, but right now there were lots of new babies with no sense of culture or social norms. Morning really wanted to see one of these nocturne dragons, but he had not been fortunate enough to encounter one yet. Adriel said it was only a matter of time. Without the sun, it was difficult to tell what time of day it was, so the dragons of The Refuge slept when they were tired and awoke when they were not. Right now, Morning was the only dragon currently awake, and he was sitting next to his nest of siblings. He knew his mom would refuse to sleep unless she knew they were safe. It was then that he heard a cracking noise. It was too soon, they shouldn't be hatching yet, should they? He moved to examine the nest closer and found a fourth egg had appeared. Rather than the natural bark-like shell of the other three eggs, this was was hard. There were spikes protruding from it, and it looked to be naturally armoured. The egg was shaking, and Morning could see cracks beginning to form in the thick purple shell. Before he could properly wrap his mind around what was happening, the egg split open and a hatchling emerged, damp with egg goo. They let out a yell as they cleared their lungs and took their first breath. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74443402][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=77&auth=5c2777b81505c8457b467791bf4507a23f6ef608&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/url][/center] "Hello?" Morning asked, nudging the baby dragon gently. The hatchling stared up at him with pale green eyes, a different tone than his parents held. A different element maybe? He seemed to recall hearing wind also had green eyes. How did a wind egg get out here? It was then that the hatchling broke the silence with, "Hello?" Morning had to stop himself from stumbling back. It was a perfect replica of his own voice. This was one of the newborn nocturne dragons Adriel had mentioned. Parentless, and completely alone in the world. Just like he had been. "My name is Morning, and I'm your big brother," The tundra said, lowing his nose to nuzzle the hatchling's. "I'm your big brother!" The nocturne repeated, beaming. "You're actually my little brother, you can say 'I'm your little brother,'" Morning offered. "I'm your little brother!" The hatchling repeated, jumping up and down, shaking the egg goo from his scales with his movement. "You're going to need a name," Morning thought to himself. How did he get his name? His parents chose one for him. Should he wait for his mom to come back to name him? Or should he choose a name? His thought process was interrupted by the nocturne nuzzling his way closer into his fur, and suddenly he remembered snuggling with his father as he told him stories. In particular, the name of a great warrior named Fenrir came to mind. "You are Fenrir." He said. "That will be your name." "Fenrir," The nocturne repeated. "Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir." "Yeah, you like that little buddy?" Morning chuckled. "Good, good. Now, we just need to sit and wait for Mom to come back. She'll love to meet you! And then, in a bit after that, we'll meet our other siblings. They are still in their eggs, but someday they'll hatch, just like you just did." Fenrir cocked his head to one side, and Morning recognized the baby wasn't old enough to understand the words himself, even if he could mimic them. "Fenrir," The nocturne repeated, nuzzling closer. Morning couldn't help but grin. His family was growing, and now he was a brother. He couldn't wait to have even more siblings. If it was all going to be like this, he was pretty sure it was going to be great! ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/3079103/22#post_49831829]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@Drachenschwinge @Dynami @Leopardmask @Sabariel @BarbaraFett @Disillusionist @Dakala @Wufflesnuff @Tirtouga678 @chippertowns @Aetherstorm @MisterMylez @cartographic @Calyrex @Gender @feleathion @queerkestrel @catmeow1 @Khyriana @CleverTrick[/center] ----- Originally, I was planning on having my next apparel be for the bogsneak egg I was gifted the other day, or to give Sage her first gene (which I have tucked away in my hoard) but then it dawned on me that it is NOTN, and figured it would be fun to add a newly hatched nocturne for any apparel pull I get over the nest few weeks. It took hours to farm the Coli with Adriel before I finally got a chest with an egg, but it happened. I also got several more eggs, so I have a good stockpile for if I am granted more apparel items. Also, I should mention (as I have before) that time is working differently in this pinkerlocke than in my others. Previously, one month our time was equal to one year in Sornieth, but to relieve the pressure of keeping up with a realistic time period, I am jumping around time wherever the story naturally goes. So, as a result, events in my lore are no longer fixed in time. Things like the seasonal food holidays, elemental flight festivals, NOTN, and any other annual event happen when there are large concentrations of those forms of magic. Sometimes they last longer than others, and sometimes the gaps between events is longer or shorter than expected, but they always happen in the same order. For example, NOTN could last only 14 hours in Sornieth, or it might last a month, depending on how strong the magic is and how big the reserve of this explosion is. Another example is that the gap between Trickmurk Circus and Mistral Jamboree might be a week one event cycle, and it might be several years another event cycle.

Day 20: Nocturnal
Shifting Kelpie Mane
Sentence: Breed/Scroll a Dragon

scry?sdid=2149690&skin=0&apparel=1548,1704,28149&xt=dressing.png

A darkness had come to cover the Viridian Forest, unlike any Morning had seen before. Even well into the day, no light penetrated the dark sky. Strange beasts had appeared, jumping out of their inanimate disguises and scuttling off into the night.

Strange sounds had also begun emerging from the shadows, mimicking the sounds of those around them. Morning hadn't noticed them at first, at least not until it was his own voice being mimicked.

Adriel had explained that this was Night of the Nocturne, as she is the only one who had lived through this event previously. It was perfectly normal, she said. A period of time that differed in length each time it occurred. It was a giant surge of shadow magic, which accompanied the appearance of thousands of newly formed nocturne dragons, born to no parents but the shadows themselves. They would go off and find clans to find homes in eventually, but right now there were lots of new babies with no sense of culture or social norms.

Morning really wanted to see one of these nocturne dragons, but he had not been fortunate enough to encounter one yet. Adriel said it was only a matter of time.

Without the sun, it was difficult to tell what time of day it was, so the dragons of The Refuge slept when they were tired and awoke when they were not. Right now, Morning was the only dragon currently awake, and he was sitting next to his nest of siblings. He knew his mom would refuse to sleep unless she knew they were safe.

It was then that he heard a cracking noise.

It was too soon, they shouldn't be hatching yet, should they?

He moved to examine the nest closer and found a fourth egg had appeared. Rather than the natural bark-like shell of the other three eggs, this was was hard. There were spikes protruding from it, and it looked to be naturally armoured.

The egg was shaking, and Morning could see cracks beginning to form in the thick purple shell. Before he could properly wrap his mind around what was happening, the egg split open and a hatchling emerged, damp with egg goo. They let out a yell as they cleared their lungs and took their first breath.
dragon?age=0&body=5&bodygene=0&breed=11&element=3&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=167&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=77&auth=5c2777b81505c8457b467791bf4507a23f6ef608&dummyext=prev.png

"Hello?" Morning asked, nudging the baby dragon gently.

The hatchling stared up at him with pale green eyes, a different tone than his parents held. A different element maybe? He seemed to recall hearing wind also had green eyes. How did a wind egg get out here?

It was then that the hatchling broke the silence with, "Hello?"

Morning had to stop himself from stumbling back. It was a perfect replica of his own voice. This was one of the newborn nocturne dragons Adriel had mentioned. Parentless, and completely alone in the world.

Just like he had been.

"My name is Morning, and I'm your big brother," The tundra said, lowing his nose to nuzzle the hatchling's.

"I'm your big brother!" The nocturne repeated, beaming.

"You're actually my little brother, you can say 'I'm your little brother,'" Morning offered.

"I'm your little brother!" The hatchling repeated, jumping up and down, shaking the egg goo from his scales with his movement.

"You're going to need a name," Morning thought to himself. How did he get his name? His parents chose one for him. Should he wait for his mom to come back to name him? Or should he choose a name?

His thought process was interrupted by the nocturne nuzzling his way closer into his fur, and suddenly he remembered snuggling with his father as he told him stories. In particular, the name of a great warrior named Fenrir came to mind. "You are Fenrir." He said. "That will be your name."

"Fenrir," The nocturne repeated. "Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir, Fenrir."

"Yeah, you like that little buddy?" Morning chuckled. "Good, good. Now, we just need to sit and wait for Mom to come back. She'll love to meet you! And then, in a bit after that, we'll meet our other siblings. They are still in their eggs, but someday they'll hatch, just like you just did."

Fenrir cocked his head to one side, and Morning recognized the baby wasn't old enough to understand the words himself, even if he could mimic them.

"Fenrir," The nocturne repeated, nuzzling closer. Morning couldn't help but grin. His family was growing, and now he was a brother. He couldn't wait to have even more siblings. If it was all going to be like this, he was pretty sure it was going to be great!

Originally, I was planning on having my next apparel be for the bogsneak egg I was gifted the other day, or to give Sage her first gene (which I have tucked away in my hoard) but then it dawned on me that it is NOTN, and figured it would be fun to add a newly hatched nocturne for any apparel pull I get over the nest few weeks. It took hours to farm the Coli with Adriel before I finally got a chest with an egg, but it happened. I also got several more eggs, so I have a good stockpile for if I am granted more apparel items.

Also, I should mention (as I have before) that time is working differently in this pinkerlocke than in my others. Previously, one month our time was equal to one year in Sornieth, but to relieve the pressure of keeping up with a realistic time period, I am jumping around time wherever the story naturally goes. So, as a result, events in my lore are no longer fixed in time. Things like the seasonal food holidays, elemental flight festivals, NOTN, and any other annual event happen when there are large concentrations of those forms of magic. Sometimes they last longer than others, and sometimes the gaps between events is longer or shorter than expected, but they always happen in the same order. For example, NOTN could last only 14 hours in Sornieth, or it might last a month, depending on how strong the magic is and how big the reserve of this explosion is. Another example is that the gap between Trickmurk Circus and Mistral Jamboree might be a week one event cycle, and it might be several years another event cycle.
Ever just see a ping from 8 seconds ago [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1] That aside, another one for the family! I plan on just selling most of my NotN eggs, but as is tradition I'll hatch one and see what I get when all is said and done.
Ever just see a ping from 8 seconds ago

That aside, another one for the family!

I plan on just selling most of my NotN eggs, but as is tradition I'll hatch one and see what I get when all is said and done.
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
@MisterMylez

Wow!!! That's so fast!!!

Woot! The family is growing!!!

That's awesome, I usually end up selling most of mine throughout the following year, but I figured it would be fun to hatch some for the 'locke. I kinda hope I get a lot of apparel pulls, because it would be fun to have a swarm of parentless nocturnes in the clan who all share a bond through the same event.
@MisterMylez

Wow!!! That's so fast!!!

Woot! The family is growing!!!

That's awesome, I usually end up selling most of mine throughout the following year, but I figured it would be fun to hatch some for the 'locke. I kinda hope I get a lot of apparel pulls, because it would be fun to have a swarm of parentless nocturnes in the clan who all share a bond through the same event.
1 2 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 249 250