Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46
I am loving the town's description! My clan lives in an urban environment as well, so it strikes a lot of chords in me. X)

Also, couldn't help but chuckle at the tavern's description. It made me picture the Weasley residence from Harry Potter! XD
I am loving the town's description! My clan lives in an urban environment as well, so it strikes a lot of chords in me. X)

Also, couldn't help but chuckle at the tavern's description. It made me picture the Weasley residence from Harry Potter! XD
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
@MeepBoie400

Thank you!!!

@Aetherstorm

Thank you! I always like trying to do something for the fest! Hopefully I can accomplish that better this year than I did last year.

@Leopardmask

:D

@Disillusionist

If I'm being honest, he's turned out very different than what I first pictured when I heard his song, but I like the direction he's going!

Hehehe, that's exactly the vibe I was going for with Ifor! I'm glad I managed to capture it!

Thank you! It looks like a great fest, and I'm glad to be able to catch the tail end of it!

@GrinningWolf24

That's awesome! Urban clans are honestly my favourite, so I'm glad to be able to incorporate one into this pinkerlocke!

Hehehe, I'm not going to lie, I thought of The Burrow too, though that's not where the inspiration originally came from.
@MeepBoie400

Thank you!!!

@Aetherstorm

Thank you! I always like trying to do something for the fest! Hopefully I can accomplish that better this year than I did last year.

@Leopardmask

:D

@Disillusionist

If I'm being honest, he's turned out very different than what I first pictured when I heard his song, but I like the direction he's going!

Hehehe, that's exactly the vibe I was going for with Ifor! I'm glad I managed to capture it!

Thank you! It looks like a great fest, and I'm glad to be able to catch the tail end of it!

@GrinningWolf24

That's awesome! Urban clans are honestly my favourite, so I'm glad to be able to incorporate one into this pinkerlocke!

Hehehe, I'm not going to lie, I thought of The Burrow too, though that's not where the inspiration originally came from.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/7#post_43811657]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 3: Glow Away[/u][/b] [item=singed webbing] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ifor felt a wave of relief as the trio of dragons stepped out of the tavern. Compared to the hustle and bustle within, the crowded streets seemed considerably more spacious than before. "So, this method of getting immaculate tablets, is it legal?" Midnight asked, turning to Enser. "Please," the wildclaw scoffed. "What do you take me for, a criminal? You think dragons just pop into existence with tablets to spend? No, you gotta earn them!" "How?" Ifor asked. "By playing games!" Enser smirked. "I mean yes, technically you are supposed to go out and collect them from the wild, yada yada, all that stuff, but this town also has stalls set up where you can win some! It just costs some treasure and its really easy!" Midnight still looked skeptical, but after a few moments looking at the wildclaw, he nodded his head. "Yeah, sure, why not? It sounds like fun!" The three young dragons took off into the festival market, following the lead of Enser. The wildclaw gave them the rundown of the stalls, pointing out the various games and challenges. "How long have you been in town?" Midnight asked, surprised. "You seem to know this place really well!" "I've visited a few times before," Enser shrugged. "Though this is the first time I've visited for a festival." "Come on, let's get playing some of these!" Ifor shifted her feet, anxious to get moving. "Which one would you recommend?" "For you?" Enser stepped beside the guardian and put a hand on her front leg, guiding her until she was pointing towards a sign that read 'Dance Competition.' "That." "No," Ifor immediately paled. Dancing on her own was one thing, but dancing in front of people was a whole other story. "Come on, you'd be great at that! I saw your moves in the tavern!" Enser grinned. "Besides, its not as if there's one clear winner. You just dance, and if the dragons watching like it, they'll tip you their tablets! Everyone usually gets at least a few." "It'll be great!" Midnight beamed at Ifor in a rare moment of genuine encouragement. "I think you should do it! We'll be cheering you on." "Oh, alright!" Ifor conceded, though her heart was beating faster now, and she was finding it harder to breathe. If Enser and Midnight weren't walking her to the registration table, she wasn't even sure that she would have made it at all. Her turn on the stage seemed to come all too quickly. A short pearlcatcher ushered her forwards, giving her a thumbs up as she took her place in the center. All of a sudden, she was very aware of all of the eyes on her. The lights adorning the stage seemed even more blinding than before. Her heart seemed to stop, and she was certain that she had made a grave error. But then the music started. It was the same song the she had danced to in the tavern. Surprised, she glanced over at the band. It was a different group of musicians, but she caught sight of Enser stepping away from them. He winked at her, then disappeared into the crowd. Ifor closed her eyes, and let the music wash over her. Just as she had in the tavern, she let the rest of the world fade away, forgetting all the prismatic eyes that were on her, and let her body find the rhythm. As her body found its place in the movement, she grew more confident. By the time the song was halfway through, her eyes were open again. She tried not to look at the crowd, but when she did, she saw nothing but amazement. When the song ended, she felt dizzy with pride, and the pearlcatcher had to usher her off the stage again as she stared dumbfounded at the adoring crowd. Once she had gotten off the stage, she was handed a bag of immaculate tablets. It felt heavy. "That was [i]amazing[/i]!" Midnight's eyes were glowing as he and Enser met her after the performance. "It really was!" Enser grinned. "See? I told you that you could do it! You should believe in yourself more." He turned to Midnight. "Alright, your turn!" "My turn!" Midnight looked utterly offended. "No way, you are not getting me up on that stage." "No, you idiot. Your turn to try something," Enser smirked. "How about that?" The wildclaw's finger was pointed towards a stall that promised a large sum of tablets for anyone who could show the grizzled fae running it magic he had never seen before. "Now that seems like something I could do!" Midnight adjusted his shoulders back and puffed out his chest. He strode up to the stall, a look of pride on his face. "You really think he can do it?" Ifor whispered to Enser. "Ah, who knows!" Enser laughed. "Either he'll blow us all away, or be taken down a couple pegs. It's a win-win scenario." Ifor found herself looking at the wildclaw in a new way. She hadn't realized he'd had such a cunning side to him. "Don't worry, that's not what I was doing with you," Enser reassured her, picking up on her unspoken concern. "You needed the boost. It would have been cruel to humiliate you when you're already so self-conscious." Both dragons turned their attention once more towards the imperial. He was talking with the fae, though the noise of the crowd was too loud to pick up on what he was saying. Immediately, Midnight began summoning some sort of spell. The air around him glowed the bright green of wind magic. Before he could finish casting the spell, however, one of the gusts of wind blew a candle over, catching the flame on the purple fabric of the tent. The stall was set ablaze rather quickly. The flames hungrily lapped at the fabric, consuming it and sending ash raining down on the contents inside. Around them, dragons gasped and screamed and moved away, nervously eying the stalls next to it. With a grumble, the fae cast a water spell and doused the flames. There was no lasting harm, save for the destruction of the tent and a few damp scrolls within. The mage, however, was less than impressed, and sent Midnight away with some few choice words. "I shouldn't have tried something so complex. I wasn't ready yet," Midnight sighed. "I just got excited." "Hey, at least it wasn't worse," Ifor pointed out sympathetically. To her surprise, Enser had refrained from making any comments about Midnight's performance. He was distracted by something glowing behind him. It took some time for Ifor's shadow eyes to adjust enough to make out the shape. A crab was pinching at his tail feathers as if it were trying to get his attention. In the other claw, it held a ball of light. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/35011.png[/img][/center] "Did you do this?" Enser asked, staring wide-eyed at it. "No," Midnight admitted. "I was trying to-" All of a sudden a rasping voice sounded from the crowd. The trio turned to see another grizzled fae that looked almost identical to the one at the stall, save for a few differences. She was eying the crab through her one good eye. "Looks as if you've gotten yourself a familiar, son, and a mighty good one too," the fae rasped. "A familiar?" Enser asked. "You know, the embodiment of your magic in the form of an animal, all that stuff," the fae shrugged. "This one's a special one. I don't recognize its magical signatures, and I think it's got a message for you." Sure enough, as soon as the creepy fae had given her warning, the mouth of the crab opened and it spoke. [center][b][i]They who bite the foot of another will be, in turn, crushed.[/i][/b][/center] All four dragons stared at the crab for a moment, the bustling crowd around them oblivious to the prophecy that had just been spoken. It was as if they had been placed in their own bubble outside that no one else could see or hear. "You, you're looking for something, aren't you?" The fae asked, eying Enser with a curious look. "Yes," the wildclaw responded, looking more rattled than Ifor had ever seen him. "Be careful, is all I have to say," the fae sniffed. "You're dabbling in things that out not to be dabbled in." And with that, the fae disappeared, leaving the three alone with the crab, which had begun blowing light bubbles as though nothing had ever happened. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/10#post_43838785]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars[/center] ----- And thus the festival familiars begin to come in! You have no idea how good it feels to have just a small cast of characters to focus on and dig into after the chaos of the last 6 months of my other pinkerlocke. I think limiting dragon numbers is going to be a good idea.

Day 3: Glow Away
Singed Webbing
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png

Ifor felt a wave of relief as the trio of dragons stepped out of the tavern. Compared to the hustle and bustle within, the crowded streets seemed considerably more spacious than before.

"So, this method of getting immaculate tablets, is it legal?" Midnight asked, turning to Enser.

"Please," the wildclaw scoffed. "What do you take me for, a criminal? You think dragons just pop into existence with tablets to spend? No, you gotta earn them!"

"How?" Ifor asked.

"By playing games!" Enser smirked. "I mean yes, technically you are supposed to go out and collect them from the wild, yada yada, all that stuff, but this town also has stalls set up where you can win some! It just costs some treasure and its really easy!"

Midnight still looked skeptical, but after a few moments looking at the wildclaw, he nodded his head. "Yeah, sure, why not? It sounds like fun!"

The three young dragons took off into the festival market, following the lead of Enser. The wildclaw gave them the rundown of the stalls, pointing out the various games and challenges.

"How long have you been in town?" Midnight asked, surprised. "You seem to know this place really well!"

"I've visited a few times before," Enser shrugged. "Though this is the first time I've visited for a festival."

"Come on, let's get playing some of these!" Ifor shifted her feet, anxious to get moving. "Which one would you recommend?"

"For you?" Enser stepped beside the guardian and put a hand on her front leg, guiding her until she was pointing towards a sign that read 'Dance Competition.' "That."

"No," Ifor immediately paled. Dancing on her own was one thing, but dancing in front of people was a whole other story.

"Come on, you'd be great at that! I saw your moves in the tavern!" Enser grinned. "Besides, its not as if there's one clear winner. You just dance, and if the dragons watching like it, they'll tip you their tablets! Everyone usually gets at least a few."

"It'll be great!" Midnight beamed at Ifor in a rare moment of genuine encouragement. "I think you should do it! We'll be cheering you on."

"Oh, alright!" Ifor conceded, though her heart was beating faster now, and she was finding it harder to breathe. If Enser and Midnight weren't walking her to the registration table, she wasn't even sure that she would have made it at all.

Her turn on the stage seemed to come all too quickly. A short pearlcatcher ushered her forwards, giving her a thumbs up as she took her place in the center. All of a sudden, she was very aware of all of the eyes on her. The lights adorning the stage seemed even more blinding than before. Her heart seemed to stop, and she was certain that she had made a grave error.

But then the music started.

It was the same song the she had danced to in the tavern. Surprised, she glanced over at the band. It was a different group of musicians, but she caught sight of Enser stepping away from them. He winked at her, then disappeared into the crowd.

Ifor closed her eyes, and let the music wash over her. Just as she had in the tavern, she let the rest of the world fade away, forgetting all the prismatic eyes that were on her, and let her body find the rhythm.

As her body found its place in the movement, she grew more confident. By the time the song was halfway through, her eyes were open again. She tried not to look at the crowd, but when she did, she saw nothing but amazement. When the song ended, she felt dizzy with pride, and the pearlcatcher had to usher her off the stage again as she stared dumbfounded at the adoring crowd. Once she had gotten off the stage, she was handed a bag of immaculate tablets. It felt heavy.

"That was amazing!" Midnight's eyes were glowing as he and Enser met her after the performance.

"It really was!" Enser grinned. "See? I told you that you could do it! You should believe in yourself more." He turned to Midnight. "Alright, your turn!"

"My turn!" Midnight looked utterly offended. "No way, you are not getting me up on that stage."

"No, you idiot. Your turn to try something," Enser smirked. "How about that?"

The wildclaw's finger was pointed towards a stall that promised a large sum of tablets for anyone who could show the grizzled fae running it magic he had never seen before.

"Now that seems like something I could do!" Midnight adjusted his shoulders back and puffed out his chest. He strode up to the stall, a look of pride on his face.

"You really think he can do it?" Ifor whispered to Enser.

"Ah, who knows!" Enser laughed. "Either he'll blow us all away, or be taken down a couple pegs. It's a win-win scenario."

Ifor found herself looking at the wildclaw in a new way. She hadn't realized he'd had such a cunning side to him.

"Don't worry, that's not what I was doing with you," Enser reassured her, picking up on her unspoken concern. "You needed the boost. It would have been cruel to humiliate you when you're already so self-conscious."

Both dragons turned their attention once more towards the imperial. He was talking with the fae, though the noise of the crowd was too loud to pick up on what he was saying. Immediately, Midnight began summoning some sort of spell. The air around him glowed the bright green of wind magic. Before he could finish casting the spell, however, one of the gusts of wind blew a candle over, catching the flame on the purple fabric of the tent.

The stall was set ablaze rather quickly. The flames hungrily lapped at the fabric, consuming it and sending ash raining down on the contents inside. Around them, dragons gasped and screamed and moved away, nervously eying the stalls next to it.

With a grumble, the fae cast a water spell and doused the flames. There was no lasting harm, save for the destruction of the tent and a few damp scrolls within. The mage, however, was less than impressed, and sent Midnight away with some few choice words.

"I shouldn't have tried something so complex. I wasn't ready yet," Midnight sighed. "I just got excited."

"Hey, at least it wasn't worse," Ifor pointed out sympathetically.

To her surprise, Enser had refrained from making any comments about Midnight's performance. He was distracted by something glowing behind him. It took some time for Ifor's shadow eyes to adjust enough to make out the shape. A crab was pinching at his tail feathers as if it were trying to get his attention. In the other claw, it held a ball of light.
35011.png

"Did you do this?" Enser asked, staring wide-eyed at it.

"No," Midnight admitted. "I was trying to-"

All of a sudden a rasping voice sounded from the crowd. The trio turned to see another grizzled fae that looked almost identical to the one at the stall, save for a few differences. She was eying the crab through her one good eye.

"Looks as if you've gotten yourself a familiar, son, and a mighty good one too," the fae rasped.

"A familiar?" Enser asked.

"You know, the embodiment of your magic in the form of an animal, all that stuff," the fae shrugged. "This one's a special one. I don't recognize its magical signatures, and I think it's got a message for you."

Sure enough, as soon as the creepy fae had given her warning, the mouth of the crab opened and it spoke.
They who bite the foot of another will be, in turn, crushed.

All four dragons stared at the crab for a moment, the bustling crowd around them oblivious to the prophecy that had just been spoken. It was as if they had been placed in their own bubble outside that no one else could see or hear.

"You, you're looking for something, aren't you?" The fae asked, eying Enser with a curious look.

"Yes," the wildclaw responded, looking more rattled than Ifor had ever seen him.

"Be careful, is all I have to say," the fae sniffed. "You're dabbling in things that out not to be dabbled in."

And with that, the fae disappeared, leaving the three alone with the crab, which had begun blowing light bubbles as though nothing had ever happened.

And thus the festival familiars begin to come in!

You have no idea how good it feels to have just a small cast of characters to focus on and dig into after the chaos of the last 6 months of my other pinkerlocke. I think limiting dragon numbers is going to be a good idea.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
That prophecy was ominous, I wonder what it means for Enser or If its even meant for him at all.
That prophecy was ominous, I wonder what it means for Enser or If its even meant for him at all.
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Ooh, I really liked it! And as much as I relate to Ifor, I think I like Enser the best right now. Poor Midnight, though. XD

And wow, that’s a creepy prophecy. And fae.
Ooh, I really liked it! And as much as I relate to Ifor, I think I like Enser the best right now. Poor Midnight, though. XD

And wow, that’s a creepy prophecy. And fae.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@Autumnus

Hehehe, we'll have to wait and see!

@myriadofstars

Enser is my favourite too, don't tell the others
@Autumnus

Hehehe, we'll have to wait and see!

@myriadofstars

Enser is my favourite too, don't tell the others
What is it with Wildclaws and Shade? Wait... no, that's the obvious red herring. I think I'll stick to my original predictions of the Shade-wielder in the group.
What is it with Wildclaws and Shade? Wait... no, that's the obvious red herring. I think I'll stick to my original predictions of the Shade-wielder in the group.
@Petall Oooooh, spoooky [emoji=banescale scared size=1]
@Petall

Oooooh, spoooky
My lorelocke!
@Petall

Ahh this is so good! I enjoy Enser so much! (Also, I see what you did there with his familiar's nickname. Fantastic taz reference)

But goodness! That prophecy is kinda terrifying! I can't wait to learn more!
@Petall

Ahh this is so good! I enjoy Enser so much! (Also, I see what you did there with his familiar's nickname. Fantastic taz reference)

But goodness! That prophecy is kinda terrifying! I can't wait to learn more!
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
Uh oh ominous prophecy time! That was good tho!
Uh oh ominous prophecy time! That was good tho!
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 45 46