1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 46
those are so nice! :0
those are so nice! :0
x8bDWFu.png
5BsilZ9.png
dEe2UrM.png
NOP5viO.png
@Leopardmask

Thanks! I found it and knew that it was perfect for him!

@Tynethyne

Thank you! I had a lot of fun making them and trying to find images that fit the exact tone I was going for!

@Disillusionist

Ooooo, it does have Sherlock vibes, doesn't it??? I didn't even pick up on that!

@Tirtouga678

Iapetos probably has one of my favourite moodboards that I've ever made! (Though Yarrow from Windkeep Tower is a close second).

@amxndael

Thank you!
@Leopardmask

Thanks! I found it and knew that it was perfect for him!

@Tynethyne

Thank you! I had a lot of fun making them and trying to find images that fit the exact tone I was going for!

@Disillusionist

Ooooo, it does have Sherlock vibes, doesn't it??? I didn't even pick up on that!

@Tirtouga678

Iapetos probably has one of my favourite moodboards that I've ever made! (Though Yarrow from Windkeep Tower is a close second).

@amxndael

Thank you!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/26#post_44100169]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 20: They Who Bite The Foot of Another...[/u][/b] [item=cloudgazer's arctic pants] Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/35011.png[/img][/center] Enser awoke to the tugging of claws against his clothing. He blinked open his eyes, trying to make sense of the strange pulling sensation. Light had just begun to enter the sky, but the glow of Snippers' bubbles lit up the room like daylight. "What have we talked about-" Enser groggily mumbled to his familiar. "I need the dark to sleep." It was then that he realized that it was the crab who had awoken him. Snippers was tugging at his pants and pointing out the window, bubbling something in his strange crab language. Resigned to the fact that he would not be getting any more sleep, Enser moved to the window. Midnight stirred as he accidentally knocked over the imperial's books with his tail. Enser cringed, holding as still as he could, only letting his breath out once his roommate had turned over and drifted off to sleep. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Enser peered out the window, trying to make out in the dawn's first light what Snippers was trying to draw his attention to. Instead of the bright sun that had dominated the previous year, dark clouds were forming on the horizon, making it more difficult to see in this light. Enser wrinkled his nose. The Year of Lightning was almost upon them, which meant an end to the fair weather he relished so deeply. Suddenly, he saw a shape dart across the field. Had he not been looking for anything, he might have missed the green-scaled dragon amidst the grass. Something was happening, and he needed to know what it was. Not even stopping to grab his bag, he raced out of his room, running down the stairs as fast as his legs could carry him. He was in such a rush, he almost ran into Ifor coming up the stairs. She looked exhausted, like she had been out all night. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Where are you going?" Ifor yawned. "No time to explain!" Enser responded, squeezing past the guardian and continuing his pursuit. "Wait! I'm coming with you!" Ifor called out, turning around and bumbling after him. "You need sleep!" Enser called back, not slowing to let her catch up. "There's no way I'm missing out on whatever this is! I'm not letting you do this alone!" Ifor insisted. For a brief moment, Enser was impressed. She had been growing in confidence in the year she had been at the school. Then he remembered that if they wanted to catch up with Eigrigg, they needed to go fast. The two dragons lifted off the ground as they stepped outside of the student quarters, allowing their wings to take them faster than their legs ever could. They caught up to their teacher at the edge of the Whisper Woods, overtaking her before landing in front of her. The mirror skidded to a halt, almost slamming into Ifor's large form. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54487745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/scry?sdid=878362&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "What are you two doing here? You should be sleeping, getting ready for your lessons," Eigrigg huffed, glaring at the two dragons from behind her goggles. "We could ask the same of you," Enser pointed out. "We're supposed to be having our first lessons with you today." "Those might have to be cancelled," Eigrigg admitted. "Something's come up." The mirror tried to push past the two young dragons, but Ifor moved to block her. The guardian seemed surprised that she had taken such a move, but she did not budge. "Seriously, kids, this is far out of your range," Eigrigg insisted. "I don't want either of you getting hurt." "Tough, because we're coming with you," Enser folded his arms and glared at her. "Is this a monster hunting thing? Because you told me that you'd help me with that. Isn't first-hand experience the best teacher?" "Monster hunting?" Ifor's eyes widened with surprise. "You haven't told her?" Eigrigg hissed. "Why would you bring her along then?" "I didn't bring her anywhere," Enser admitted. "She [i]chose[/i] to come along. She's an adult, she can do what she wants, I'm not going to tell her what to do. She gets enough of that from Magiere." "It's dangerous," Eigrigg insisted. "You don't know what you're dealing with. I've seen the things that this beast can do. It's not from this world." "It's from the Forbidden Portal, right?" Enser asked. "I didn't think students were supposed to know about that," Eigrigg was taken aback. "Most of them aren't. I'm the exception. Why do you think I'm here? I have my own business with the portal," Enser insisted. "We're going to come along whether or not you let us, so you might as well take us along for the ride, if it's as dangerous as you say." "Fine," Eigrigg rolled her eyes. "But you better leave if it becomes too much for you to handle. I don't want more dead dragons on my conscious." "More?" Ifor looked surprised. "Kid, I'm not getting into it. If you have a problem, go home," Eigrigg sighed. Enser watched his friend in interest. What would she choose to do? She had been pretty timid and cautious since she had shown up, but that seemed to be changing since she stood up about Magiere. She was by no means fearless yet, she still hesitated before most of her decisions, but she had grown so much since he first met her. "If it's that dangerous, I'm not letting Enser go at it alone," Ifor decided. "Very well," Eigrigg seemed resigned to their company. "Very courageous of you." Enser had never seen Ifor look more proud of herself. "What can you tell us about the beast?" Enser asked. "We should know everything we can before we go in." "It's called a springfoot bilworper, and as far as creatures from that mysterious realm go, it's pretty tame," Eigrigg admitted. "But that doesn't mean that it isn't dangerous. On the other side of that portal is a world like Sornieth has never seen before. The laws of magic there don't make sense with those of our world. You ever wonder why magic in the Starfall Isles can be so unpredictable? It's not just because the Arcanist enjoys his experiments. It appears that the Arcanist has pushed the reaches of magic so far, strange portals have been torn in the fabric of reality across the Starfall Isles, causing strange creatures and magic to leak through. That magic is incompatible with our own, so even if a creature means no real harm, it can still be incredibly dangerous." "So what do we need to watch out for?" Enser asked. "From the research I have done," Eigrigg went on. "The biggest danger of the springfoot variety of bilworpers is that their 'spring,' so to speak, is contagious. When you're near one, you can't help but jump. Every step comes out as a leap, and not always in the direction that you intended to go. If you try to stand still, eventually your body will be so overcome by the urge to move that you can't help but jump. Again, as I said, as effects go, it's pretty tame, but it can become dangerous if you jump in the wrong direction and land on something less than savoury. Bilworpers are also playful beasts, and they don't always know theit own strength." "So what do we do?" Enser asked. "We take it down fast, and we take it down without getting into its magical range," Eigrigg explained. "I will be using these arrows, and you both can shoot long-ranged magic at it. If you have the opportunity to kill it, take it. Anything from the forbidden portal that spends too much time on Sornieth poses a threat. Dragons have already died with this one on the loose." The wildclaw nodded. "Are you doing alright?" Enser turned to Ifor. The guardian was usually quiet, but he wanted to make sure she was still on board. "My magic still isn't great," Ifor said, her voice strained. "You'll be fine. You've got this. And we'll be a safe distance away from it. Worst comes to worst, you run," Enser reminded her. Ifor nodded. "We're getting close, I think we should stop talking now, so we don't lose the element of surprise," Eigrigg whispered. Enser nodded in agreement, and placed a comforting hand on Ifor's front leg. Eigrigg signalled for the trio to stop as the morning sun began to filter through the trees. Birdsong was beginning to sound. Enser strained his neck, trying to make sense of what Eigrigg was seeing. Then he saw it. Through the trees, a yellow bird-like creature with green feathers was leaping along its merry way. Six eyes peered out of its skull, and as its tail hit the ground with each jump, it left a splash of paint behind. [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/34799.png[/img][/center] "It's kind of cute!" Ifor observed. "Cute it may be, but it still needs to be dead," Eigrigg growled in a low voice as she drew her bow. "On my signal-" They all fired at once. Eigrigg's arrow hit it in its left-middle eye. Enser managed to hit it square in the chest with a bolt of light magic, whereas Ifor's feeble shadow magic hit a nearby tree. The bilworper screeched in pain and surprise, and turned to try to see its attackers. "Let's move," Eigrigg hissed. The two students didn't need to be told twice. Following their teacher's lead, they circled the bilworper, making sure to stay a safe distance away. The creature began bounding in the direction of the original attack, cocking its head to one side as it regarded the bush the had been hiding behind. Then it pounded, digging its talons into the foliage and tearing it apart with its mouth, shaking it like a dog and squawking in anger. While it was distracted, Eigrigg ordered another attack. This time her arrow embedding itself in the creature's foot, her aim broken by an arrow in her own shoulder. Enser tore away from his own attack in surprise. The mirror swore, and a ridgeback sauntered into view, accompanied by a centaur. He looked familiar to Enser, though he couldn't place where. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/62529214][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/6339.png[/img][/center] "Tal," Eigrigg growled. "It's the tavernkeeper!" Ifor gasped. Enser realized that the guardian was right. He had spoken to the ridgeback when he had first entered Starwhisper Crescent during the Brightshine Jubilee. He had seemed like a friendly fellow. It appeared Enser had been mistaken. "Riggsy, I thought I told you not to mess with things," The ridgeback clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Fire again, and Jordan here will hit something more fatal then your shoulder." "What do you think you're doing here, Tal?" Eigrigg shot back. "It's running wild! It's not even under your control!" "I'm not going to let you ruin this for me again!" Talfan growled, moving closer. "We almost had something that first time, then you had to go and freak out and destroy the portal!" "If we kept letting things through, reality as we knew it was going to rip apart!" Eigrigg reminded him. "You saw what it did to Jenkins!" "Jenkins was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Talfan shook his head. "I'm not having this fight with you anymore, it seems that you can't see sense. It's time for me to let the bilworper deal with you." And with that, the ridgeback whistled, and disappeared into the forest once more. "Run, I'll hold it off," Eigrigg told the students. Ifor didn't need to be told twice. The guardian was already taking off through the trees. Enser, however, hesitated, not wanting to leave his teacher to fight it alone. "Go! I've got this!" Eigrigg urged again. "If you really want to be useful, try to get a safe distance away and shoot at it again." Enser admitted she was right. He took off to circle around and find a new vantage point. He could feel the vibrations of the bilworpers hops against the ground. He turned around to see how Eigrigg was doing, just in time to see the bilworper land right on top of her. The wildclaw watched in horror as the glass cracked upon impact, and green liquid exploded out from Eigrigg's belly. Suddenly abandoning any strategy, Enser turned and ran back, feeling his steps grow into longer strides and bounds as he drew closer. The bilworper moved to examine Eigrigg, and, apparently finding her boring, left to continue bounding on its merry way. Enser ignored it. Eigrigg wasn't getting up. He could see her feet twitching with the urge to hop, but she didn't get up. Enser rushed to her side, surprised to find Ifor also returning to the scene. The mirror's breathing was shallow. It appeared that the capsule on her belly had been some sort of life support device, and it was draining fast. "What do we do?" Ifor asked, a look of pure panic on her face. "I don't know," Enser was at a loss for words. He had never not known what to do. He always had a plan. With a shaky voice, Ifor began to sing. It began soft at first, but as she found her voice it grew louder and steadier. The guardian closed her eyes. Even in the midst of such panic, Enser found himself relaxing. Everything seemed calmer, better. He looked down at Eigrigg, surprised to see life returning to her scales instead of draining from them. "Ifor! Keep singing! I think its healing her!" Enser exclaimed, watching wide-eyed as the wounds on the mirror's hide knit themselves closed. The capsule liquid that stained her scales seemed to be getting absorbed into her skin, staining them with their green hue. As the song drew to a close, the mirror's energy seemed to be back. She got to her feet and pulled off her goggles, revealing four pairs of eyes, each with a horizonal pupil. [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54487745][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54487745&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Ifor, I think you've found your thing," Enser stared wide-eyed at the guardian. "I think it's healing magic." "Midnight is going to be so annoyed," Ifor laughed. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/28#post_44119312]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001 @amxndael @Solaristigres[/center] ----- Here we are, jumping right back into things! The apparel pull fit surprisingly well into what I wanted to happen with the monster hunt! I could not bring myself to adopt another dragon when the past 3 writing updates have been introducing new characters, and tomorrow my multigaze dragon is going to be an adult and therefore ready to be introduced, so I was messing around with genes. I must admit, I do like capsule far more than I like crackle, but it fit into the lore so well, and I'm planning on doing significantly less breeding in this pinkerlocke than my previous one (because it doesn't make as much sense for a school) so I probably don't need to worry about passing it on because I currently have no plans to breed Eigrigg.

Day 20: They Who Bite The Foot of Another...
Cloudgazer's Arctic Pants
Sentence: Breed/Scroll/Adopt a Dragon

dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png
35011.png

Enser awoke to the tugging of claws against his clothing. He blinked open his eyes, trying to make sense of the strange pulling sensation. Light had just begun to enter the sky, but the glow of Snippers' bubbles lit up the room like daylight.

"What have we talked about-" Enser groggily mumbled to his familiar. "I need the dark to sleep."

It was then that he realized that it was the crab who had awoken him. Snippers was tugging at his pants and pointing out the window, bubbling something in his strange crab language. Resigned to the fact that he would not be getting any more sleep, Enser moved to the window.

Midnight stirred as he accidentally knocked over the imperial's books with his tail. Enser cringed, holding as still as he could, only letting his breath out once his roommate had turned over and drifted off to sleep.
dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png

Enser peered out the window, trying to make out in the dawn's first light what Snippers was trying to draw his attention to. Instead of the bright sun that had dominated the previous year, dark clouds were forming on the horizon, making it more difficult to see in this light. Enser wrinkled his nose. The Year of Lightning was almost upon them, which meant an end to the fair weather he relished so deeply.

Suddenly, he saw a shape dart across the field. Had he not been looking for anything, he might have missed the green-scaled dragon amidst the grass. Something was happening, and he needed to know what it was.

Not even stopping to grab his bag, he raced out of his room, running down the stairs as fast as his legs could carry him. He was in such a rush, he almost ran into Ifor coming up the stairs. She looked exhausted, like she had been out all night.
dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png

"Where are you going?" Ifor yawned.

"No time to explain!" Enser responded, squeezing past the guardian and continuing his pursuit.

"Wait! I'm coming with you!" Ifor called out, turning around and bumbling after him.

"You need sleep!" Enser called back, not slowing to let her catch up.

"There's no way I'm missing out on whatever this is! I'm not letting you do this alone!" Ifor insisted. For a brief moment, Enser was impressed. She had been growing in confidence in the year she had been at the school. Then he remembered that if they wanted to catch up with Eigrigg, they needed to go fast.

The two dragons lifted off the ground as they stepped outside of the student quarters, allowing their wings to take them faster than their legs ever could. They caught up to their teacher at the edge of the Whisper Woods, overtaking her before landing in front of her. The mirror skidded to a halt, almost slamming into Ifor's large form.
scry?sdid=878362&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png

"What are you two doing here? You should be sleeping, getting ready for your lessons," Eigrigg huffed, glaring at the two dragons from behind her goggles.

"We could ask the same of you," Enser pointed out. "We're supposed to be having our first lessons with you today."

"Those might have to be cancelled," Eigrigg admitted. "Something's come up." The mirror tried to push past the two young dragons, but Ifor moved to block her. The guardian seemed surprised that she had taken such a move, but she did not budge.

"Seriously, kids, this is far out of your range," Eigrigg insisted. "I don't want either of you getting hurt."

"Tough, because we're coming with you," Enser folded his arms and glared at her. "Is this a monster hunting thing? Because you told me that you'd help me with that. Isn't first-hand experience the best teacher?"

"Monster hunting?" Ifor's eyes widened with surprise.

"You haven't told her?" Eigrigg hissed. "Why would you bring her along then?"

"I didn't bring her anywhere," Enser admitted. "She chose to come along. She's an adult, she can do what she wants, I'm not going to tell her what to do. She gets enough of that from Magiere."

"It's dangerous," Eigrigg insisted. "You don't know what you're dealing with. I've seen the things that this beast can do. It's not from this world."

"It's from the Forbidden Portal, right?" Enser asked.

"I didn't think students were supposed to know about that," Eigrigg was taken aback.

"Most of them aren't. I'm the exception. Why do you think I'm here? I have my own business with the portal," Enser insisted. "We're going to come along whether or not you let us, so you might as well take us along for the ride, if it's as dangerous as you say."

"Fine," Eigrigg rolled her eyes. "But you better leave if it becomes too much for you to handle. I don't want more dead dragons on my conscious."

"More?" Ifor looked surprised.

"Kid, I'm not getting into it. If you have a problem, go home," Eigrigg sighed.

Enser watched his friend in interest. What would she choose to do? She had been pretty timid and cautious since she had shown up, but that seemed to be changing since she stood up about Magiere. She was by no means fearless yet, she still hesitated before most of her decisions, but she had grown so much since he first met her.

"If it's that dangerous, I'm not letting Enser go at it alone," Ifor decided.

"Very well," Eigrigg seemed resigned to their company. "Very courageous of you."

Enser had never seen Ifor look more proud of herself.

"What can you tell us about the beast?" Enser asked. "We should know everything we can before we go in."

"It's called a springfoot bilworper, and as far as creatures from that mysterious realm go, it's pretty tame," Eigrigg admitted. "But that doesn't mean that it isn't dangerous. On the other side of that portal is a world like Sornieth has never seen before. The laws of magic there don't make sense with those of our world. You ever wonder why magic in the Starfall Isles can be so unpredictable? It's not just because the Arcanist enjoys his experiments. It appears that the Arcanist has pushed the reaches of magic so far, strange portals have been torn in the fabric of reality across the Starfall Isles, causing strange creatures and magic to leak through. That magic is incompatible with our own, so even if a creature means no real harm, it can still be incredibly dangerous."

"So what do we need to watch out for?" Enser asked.

"From the research I have done," Eigrigg went on. "The biggest danger of the springfoot variety of bilworpers is that their 'spring,' so to speak, is contagious. When you're near one, you can't help but jump. Every step comes out as a leap, and not always in the direction that you intended to go. If you try to stand still, eventually your body will be so overcome by the urge to move that you can't help but jump. Again, as I said, as effects go, it's pretty tame, but it can become dangerous if you jump in the wrong direction and land on something less than savoury. Bilworpers are also playful beasts, and they don't always know theit own strength."

"So what do we do?" Enser asked.

"We take it down fast, and we take it down without getting into its magical range," Eigrigg explained. "I will be using these arrows, and you both can shoot long-ranged magic at it. If you have the opportunity to kill it, take it. Anything from the forbidden portal that spends too much time on Sornieth poses a threat. Dragons have already died with this one on the loose." The wildclaw nodded.

"Are you doing alright?" Enser turned to Ifor. The guardian was usually quiet, but he wanted to make sure she was still on board.

"My magic still isn't great," Ifor said, her voice strained.

"You'll be fine. You've got this. And we'll be a safe distance away from it. Worst comes to worst, you run," Enser reminded her.

Ifor nodded.

"We're getting close, I think we should stop talking now, so we don't lose the element of surprise," Eigrigg whispered.

Enser nodded in agreement, and placed a comforting hand on Ifor's front leg.

Eigrigg signalled for the trio to stop as the morning sun began to filter through the trees. Birdsong was beginning to sound. Enser strained his neck, trying to make sense of what Eigrigg was seeing.

Then he saw it.

Through the trees, a yellow bird-like creature with green feathers was leaping along its merry way. Six eyes peered out of its skull, and as its tail hit the ground with each jump, it left a splash of paint behind.
34799.png

"It's kind of cute!" Ifor observed.

"Cute it may be, but it still needs to be dead," Eigrigg growled in a low voice as she drew her bow. "On my signal-"

They all fired at once. Eigrigg's arrow hit it in its left-middle eye. Enser managed to hit it square in the chest with a bolt of light magic, whereas Ifor's feeble shadow magic hit a nearby tree. The bilworper screeched in pain and surprise, and turned to try to see its attackers.

"Let's move," Eigrigg hissed. The two students didn't need to be told twice. Following their teacher's lead, they circled the bilworper, making sure to stay a safe distance away. The creature began bounding in the direction of the original attack, cocking its head to one side as it regarded the bush the had been hiding behind. Then it pounded, digging its talons into the foliage and tearing it apart with its mouth, shaking it like a dog and squawking in anger.

While it was distracted, Eigrigg ordered another attack. This time her arrow embedding itself in the creature's foot, her aim broken by an arrow in her own shoulder. Enser tore away from his own attack in surprise.

The mirror swore, and a ridgeback sauntered into view, accompanied by a centaur. He looked familiar to Enser, though he couldn't place where.
dragon?did=62529214&skin=0&apparel=494,12268,25044,21843,32703,21845&xt=dressing.png
6339.png

"Tal," Eigrigg growled.

"It's the tavernkeeper!" Ifor gasped.

Enser realized that the guardian was right. He had spoken to the ridgeback when he had first entered Starwhisper Crescent during the Brightshine Jubilee. He had seemed like a friendly fellow. It appeared Enser had been mistaken.

"Riggsy, I thought I told you not to mess with things," The ridgeback clicked his tongue, shaking his head. "Fire again, and Jordan here will hit something more fatal then your shoulder."

"What do you think you're doing here, Tal?" Eigrigg shot back. "It's running wild! It's not even under your control!"

"I'm not going to let you ruin this for me again!" Talfan growled, moving closer. "We almost had something that first time, then you had to go and freak out and destroy the portal!"

"If we kept letting things through, reality as we knew it was going to rip apart!" Eigrigg reminded him. "You saw what it did to Jenkins!"

"Jenkins was in the wrong place at the wrong time," Talfan shook his head. "I'm not having this fight with you anymore, it seems that you can't see sense. It's time for me to let the bilworper deal with you." And with that, the ridgeback whistled, and disappeared into the forest once more.

"Run, I'll hold it off," Eigrigg told the students.

Ifor didn't need to be told twice. The guardian was already taking off through the trees. Enser, however, hesitated, not wanting to leave his teacher to fight it alone.

"Go! I've got this!" Eigrigg urged again. "If you really want to be useful, try to get a safe distance away and shoot at it again."

Enser admitted she was right. He took off to circle around and find a new vantage point. He could feel the vibrations of the bilworpers hops against the ground. He turned around to see how Eigrigg was doing, just in time to see the bilworper land right on top of her.

The wildclaw watched in horror as the glass cracked upon impact, and green liquid exploded out from Eigrigg's belly. Suddenly abandoning any strategy, Enser turned and ran back, feeling his steps grow into longer strides and bounds as he drew closer.

The bilworper moved to examine Eigrigg, and, apparently finding her boring, left to continue bounding on its merry way. Enser ignored it. Eigrigg wasn't getting up.

He could see her feet twitching with the urge to hop, but she didn't get up. Enser rushed to her side, surprised to find Ifor also returning to the scene. The mirror's breathing was shallow. It appeared that the capsule on her belly had been some sort of life support device, and it was draining fast.

"What do we do?" Ifor asked, a look of pure panic on her face.

"I don't know," Enser was at a loss for words. He had never not known what to do. He always had a plan.

With a shaky voice, Ifor began to sing. It began soft at first, but as she found her voice it grew louder and steadier. The guardian closed her eyes. Even in the midst of such panic, Enser found himself relaxing. Everything seemed calmer, better. He looked down at Eigrigg, surprised to see life returning to her scales instead of draining from them.

"Ifor! Keep singing! I think its healing her!" Enser exclaimed, watching wide-eyed as the wounds on the mirror's hide knit themselves closed. The capsule liquid that stained her scales seemed to be getting absorbed into her skin, staining them with their green hue.

As the song drew to a close, the mirror's energy seemed to be back. She got to her feet and pulled off her goggles, revealing four pairs of eyes, each with a horizonal pupil.
dragon?did=54487745&skin=0&apparel=363,3117,21803,21828,24245,21833,21807&xt=dressing.png

"Ifor, I think you've found your thing," Enser stared wide-eyed at the guardian. "I think it's healing magic."

"Midnight is going to be so annoyed," Ifor laughed.

Here we are, jumping right back into things! The apparel pull fit surprisingly well into what I wanted to happen with the monster hunt! I could not bring myself to adopt another dragon when the past 3 writing updates have been introducing new characters, and tomorrow my multigaze dragon is going to be an adult and therefore ready to be introduced, so I was messing around with genes. I must admit, I do like capsule far more than I like crackle, but it fit into the lore so well, and I'm planning on doing significantly less breeding in this pinkerlocke than my previous one (because it doesn't make as much sense for a school) so I probably don't need to worry about passing it on because I currently have no plans to breed Eigrigg.
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
I'm so glad Ifor found her magic! Healing magic seems like it'd be vey useful.

Wait, did Eigrigg always have goat? I must not have been paying attention XD
I'm so glad Ifor found her magic! Healing magic seems like it'd be vey useful.

Wait, did Eigrigg always have goat? I must not have been paying attention XD
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
Oh heck yeah new chapter new shenans! Oof this was such a read, good thing Eigrigg is okay
Oh heck yeah new chapter new shenans! Oof this was such a read, good thing Eigrigg is okay
Jar of Vapors I collect Bottled Embers and Jar Of Vapors!
WishList
Bottled Embers
@Autumnus

Maybe this pinkerlocke I'll have a set healer who won't die on me and leave me constantly scrambling to try to find someone to fill that role...

She did! It's just hard to see with her goggles, and I was waiting for a good time to reveal it!

@VeniVidiVici

Thank you! I'm glad that Eigrigg is okay too!
@Autumnus

Maybe this pinkerlocke I'll have a set healer who won't die on me and leave me constantly scrambling to try to find someone to fill that role...

She did! It's just hard to see with her goggles, and I was waiting for a good time to reveal it!

@VeniVidiVici

Thank you! I'm glad that Eigrigg is okay too!
@Petall

Oh my god, this was so good!! I'm so glad Ifor finally found her magic!! And Eigrigg's new gene looks great!

I don't like Talfan... something tells me he is using these monster for dirty deeds that are going to hurt more dragons...

This is making me want to listen to Amnesty again, omg. I love how you incorporated parts of it into this. I'm screaming.
@Petall

Oh my god, this was so good!! I'm so glad Ifor finally found her magic!! And Eigrigg's new gene looks great!

I don't like Talfan... something tells me he is using these monster for dirty deeds that are going to hurt more dragons...

This is making me want to listen to Amnesty again, omg. I love how you incorporated parts of it into this. I'm screaming.
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Tiffkaboo

She did!!! I wasn't expecting that to happen but then I was writing and it fit in so well to happen right now, so she gets her moment!!! And thank you!

Talfan is an interesting dragon, that's for sure!

Hehehehe, I'm glad you noticed!
@Tiffkaboo

She did!!! I wasn't expecting that to happen but then I was writing and it fit in so well to happen right now, so she gets her moment!!! And thank you!

Talfan is an interesting dragon, that's for sure!

Hehehehe, I'm glad you noticed!
@Petall

Ohoho. Ifor has found her thing.

Glad to know Eigrigg's alright, but at the same time I wonder just what she'd gotten up to before she left Tal... /thinking face
@Petall

Ohoho. Ifor has found her thing.

Glad to know Eigrigg's alright, but at the same time I wonder just what she'd gotten up to before she left Tal... /thinking face
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Petall Yeah, the image of the bear reminded me of the Baskervilles episode, and the rest of the pics tied in nicely too, especially the ones with the rock formations. ^^

Ooh, when I saw the chapter title, I thought to myself, "Things are gonna go down!" I enjoyed the buildup here: Enser waking up in the dark, he and Ifor running out to confront Eigrigg, the conversation about the Portal...and BAM! Tal and Jordan showing up.

(Also, a character named Jenkins. Was he perhaps...beheaded and behanded? *cue TAZ music*)

I was so afraid Eigrigg was going to die (and after witnessing that, I think it'll be harder for Tal to convince Enser and Ifor to side with him next time), and so relieved when that didn't turn out to be the case! Eigrigg's gene change and Ifor's new magic fit beautifully with the rest of this chapter. I think it also does a good job explaining why Ifor isn't so good with offensive magic -- it completely goes against what her abilities are really for.
@Petall Yeah, the image of the bear reminded me of the Baskervilles episode, and the rest of the pics tied in nicely too, especially the ones with the rock formations. ^^

Ooh, when I saw the chapter title, I thought to myself, "Things are gonna go down!" I enjoyed the buildup here: Enser waking up in the dark, he and Ifor running out to confront Eigrigg, the conversation about the Portal...and BAM! Tal and Jordan showing up.

(Also, a character named Jenkins. Was he perhaps...beheaded and behanded? *cue TAZ music*)

I was so afraid Eigrigg was going to die (and after witnessing that, I think it'll be harder for Tal to convince Enser and Ifor to side with him next time), and so relieved when that didn't turn out to be the case! Eigrigg's gene change and Ifor's new magic fit beautifully with the rest of this chapter. I think it also does a good job explaining why Ifor isn't so good with offensive magic -- it completely goes against what her abilities are really for.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
1 2 ... 25 26 27 28 29 ... 45 46