Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 46
@Leopardmask

It can be definitely difficult to find the motivation to art sometimes!
@Leopardmask

It can be definitely difficult to find the motivation to art sometimes!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Fancy art! I might attack one of your characters, but I just got done with a piece so it might take a while. I'm doing the rest of my attacks via Ibis Paint X, so it'll take a long time. But I'll get to it eventually. The character will be a surprise ;)
@Petall

Fancy art! I might attack one of your characters, but I just got done with a piece so it might take a while. I'm doing the rest of my attacks via Ibis Paint X, so it'll take a long time. But I'll get to it eventually. The character will be a surprise ;)
My lorelocke!
@MeepBoie400

Awesome!!! I have an attack planned for you as well! But I've got a handful to do first before I get to yours!
@MeepBoie400

Awesome!!! I have an attack planned for you as well! But I've got a handful to do first before I get to yours!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
Oh yikes I missed yesterday's update!! Your moodboards look amazing!! I love the crab on Enser's one!!

Your art of Ifor is so good!!
Oh yikes I missed yesterday's update!! Your moodboards look amazing!! I love the crab on Enser's one!!

Your art of Ifor is so good!!
lightning.gif x
eGiN2Xv.png --
WuLeD0x.png
x
» Autumn
» they/he/she
» FR+8
@Autumnus

Thank you so much!!!!
@Autumnus

Thank you so much!!!!
@Petall Hey, that looks great! Your linework's really improving, and I'm impressed you did that with a pen, too. I don't think I'd be able to do that -- too afraid of making mistakes, so I always draw with pencils. xD
@Petall Hey, that looks great! Your linework's really improving, and I'm impressed you did that with a pen, too. I don't think I'd be able to do that -- too afraid of making mistakes, so I always draw with pencils. xD
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I did use pencil first, but then lined it with pen once I knew where everything was going to go!
@Disillusionist

Thank you! I did use pencil first, but then lined it with pen once I knew where everything was going to go!
She looks so great! Love the hat!

Also, thank you so much for your friendly fire of Askr – he looks so great!
She looks so great! Love the hat!

Also, thank you so much for your friendly fire of Askr – he looks so great!
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
@myriadofstars

I'm so glad you like it! I had so much fun drawing them, both Ifor and Askr!
@myriadofstars

I'm so glad you like it! I had so much fun drawing them, both Ifor and Askr!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/16#post_43947876]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 12: Burning Out[/u][/b] [item=flameweed] Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26649130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26649130&skin=0&apparel=19710,27766,3642,22697,22849,18777&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "You're telling me you can't even light a candle on fire?!" Ifor flinched under Magiere's scorn. "That's one of the simplest spells there is!" "I'm not a fire dragon," Ifor muttered under her breath. "Doesn't matter," Magiere snapped back. "Most dragons can find ways of lighting them regardless of element, you just need to get creative." The wildclaw rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I don't even know why I try with you." Ifor felt tears welling in her eyes, and she moved to hide them. Her mentor would only mock her for them, like she mocked her for everything else. She was trying, honest to goodness trying, to hold her head high and push through, but nothing she could do ever seemed to please Magiere. "Please, just teach me!" Ifor begged. "Show me how to do it!" "You're a shadow dragon, I don't know how your magic works," Magiere huffed. "Don't you have glowing mushrooms or something?" Taking a deep breath, Ifor summoned all the strength within her and focused in on the candle. Immediately, small, pale fungi began to grow out of the wax. Ifor grew excitement for a moment before realizing that without the darkness of the Tangled Wood, the glow failed to show. "Well, now you've ruined a perfectly good candle," Magiere snapped. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61530375][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51366344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Midnight was excelling, passing every test that Garnet had set for him. Despite her warnings on the first day of classes, Midnight's previous knowledge had carried him very well through every task his mentor had given him. Now, it was time for a bigger test. Midnight had woken up at the crack of dawn to meet Garnet on the edge of the whisper woods, and together, they ventured through the fog, deep into the forest. As the sun rose above the horizon, the fog burned away, but the mystery of the forest still remained thick as ever. Magenta wisps appeared between the trees regularly. It was noon by the time that Garnet stopped, at the edge of a clearing. The meadow was filled with dry, charred plants growing wildly out of the ground. Some of them were still burning, but seemed to be growing strong as ever. Garnet's eyes were fixed on something in the middle of the clearing. "Do you see them?" She asked. "The weeds?" Midnight asked, peering out at the clearing. There had to be more to it than that. She would not question him about something so obvious. "I suspected not," Garnet said, half to herself. "You have to have witnessed death to see a Nightmare. You are still far too young and innocent. However, that is not why we are here." She shook her head, as though clearing memories. Midnight could tell from her hungry expression that they had not been bad ones. "What do you know of flameweed?" "Not much," Midnight admitted. "We didn't have any around my birth clan." "Flameweed is incredibly difficult to get rid of, due to the fact that it is fairly flame resistant. I wonder what you can make of them. I want you to try to get rid of them, by any means possible. If you cannot, that is okay. Many skilled dragons fail to save their gardens from them should they creep in, and only fire dragons can withstand the heat enough to eat them." Garnet regarded Midnight with curiosity. The imperial was not one to let his teacher down. Immediately, he stepped forward into the clearing, ignoring the way some of the active flames burned his scales. He muttered some magic under his breath, summoning a fire spell. He supplemented it with his wind magic, allowing it to feed the flames until they reached the top of the trees and burned white hot. Without much else to feed it, however, the fires died down, revealing the flameweed beneath to be alive and well. Midnight was not going to be outdone. He was aware of Garnet's eyes on him, watching him, judging him. He flipped through his known spells in his mind, trying to find something that might work. Heat would not destroy this resilient plant, he would have to try something stronger. That was when an idea formed. A powerful spell he had read about, but not yet tried. He wasn't sure he could remember all the components, but he was sure that he could figure them out. It took all the strength within him to prepare for the spell. He let the energy build until he could not control it any more, than released it on the field. Immediately, a huge black void, in the shape of a perfect circle, filled the clearing, consuming all that was in it. The wild whipped up around the two dragons, pulling them in. It took all of Midnight's effort not to be dragged into the void. Then, as quickly as it had started, it stopped, and the flameweed stood once more, untouched, save for those outside the void that had been pulled in. Midnight glanced over at Garnet. She did not look happy. "You idiot!" Garnet snarled. "You could have gotten both of us killed! Do you remember nothing of what I told you on our first day? You can't rely on book knowledge alone! What spell were you trying to do?" "I thought I could pull them into a black hole," Midnight admitted. "I may have lost control a little bit." "No duh," Garnet snorted. "One thing you should know is that the Starfall Isles are strange and mysterious. You must be extra careful what magic you try because the arcane magic around us might twist it. The Arcanist likes his experimentation. Push the limits, yes, that is how you grow, but don't attempt anything that you are clearly unprepared for." "I'm sorry," Midnight sighed, pulling his head done in shame. "Don't apologize. Just do better next time," Garnet insisted. "Come on, we're going home." Midnight had no choice but to follow her back into the woods, his first failure weighing heavily on his mind. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/19#post_44006810]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars[/center] ----- It's fun to match my daily writing with the item I pulled! Coli was terrifying today! They made it to level 4 so they were in the Woodland Path and I had to be extra careful that I didn't push too far and get anyone killed. I really hope that I can get a new dragon soon so that these three don't get too far ahead and make it impossible to train new dragons without them dying.

Day 12: Burning Out
Flameweed
Sentence: 10-20 Coli Battles

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=26649130&skin=0&apparel=19710,27766,3642,22697,22849,18777&xt=dressing.png

"You're telling me you can't even light a candle on fire?!" Ifor flinched under Magiere's scorn. "That's one of the simplest spells there is!"

"I'm not a fire dragon," Ifor muttered under her breath.

"Doesn't matter," Magiere snapped back. "Most dragons can find ways of lighting them regardless of element, you just need to get creative." The wildclaw rolled her eyes. "Honestly, I don't even know why I try with you."

Ifor felt tears welling in her eyes, and she moved to hide them. Her mentor would only mock her for them, like she mocked her for everything else. She was trying, honest to goodness trying, to hold her head high and push through, but nothing she could do ever seemed to please Magiere.

"Please, just teach me!" Ifor begged. "Show me how to do it!"

"You're a shadow dragon, I don't know how your magic works," Magiere huffed. "Don't you have glowing mushrooms or something?"

Taking a deep breath, Ifor summoned all the strength within her and focused in on the candle. Immediately, small, pale fungi began to grow out of the wax. Ifor grew excitement for a moment before realizing that without the darkness of the Tangled Wood, the glow failed to show.

"Well, now you've ruined a perfectly good candle," Magiere snapped.

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

dragon?did=61530375&skin=0&apparel=30549,17914,17887,17903&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png

Midnight was excelling, passing every test that Garnet had set for him. Despite her warnings on the first day of classes, Midnight's previous knowledge had carried him very well through every task his mentor had given him. Now, it was time for a bigger test.

Midnight had woken up at the crack of dawn to meet Garnet on the edge of the whisper woods, and together, they ventured through the fog, deep into the forest. As the sun rose above the horizon, the fog burned away, but the mystery of the forest still remained thick as ever. Magenta wisps appeared between the trees regularly.

It was noon by the time that Garnet stopped, at the edge of a clearing. The meadow was filled with dry, charred plants growing wildly out of the ground. Some of them were still burning, but seemed to be growing strong as ever.

Garnet's eyes were fixed on something in the middle of the clearing.

"Do you see them?" She asked.

"The weeds?" Midnight asked, peering out at the clearing. There had to be more to it than that. She would not question him about something so obvious.

"I suspected not," Garnet said, half to herself. "You have to have witnessed death to see a Nightmare. You are still far too young and innocent. However, that is not why we are here." She shook her head, as though clearing memories. Midnight could tell from her hungry expression that they had not been bad ones. "What do you know of flameweed?"

"Not much," Midnight admitted. "We didn't have any around my birth clan."

"Flameweed is incredibly difficult to get rid of, due to the fact that it is fairly flame resistant. I wonder what you can make of them. I want you to try to get rid of them, by any means possible. If you cannot, that is okay. Many skilled dragons fail to save their gardens from them should they creep in, and only fire dragons can withstand the heat enough to eat them." Garnet regarded Midnight with curiosity.

The imperial was not one to let his teacher down. Immediately, he stepped forward into the clearing, ignoring the way some of the active flames burned his scales. He muttered some magic under his breath, summoning a fire spell. He supplemented it with his wind magic, allowing it to feed the flames until they reached the top of the trees and burned white hot. Without much else to feed it, however, the fires died down, revealing the flameweed beneath to be alive and well.

Midnight was not going to be outdone. He was aware of Garnet's eyes on him, watching him, judging him. He flipped through his known spells in his mind, trying to find something that might work. Heat would not destroy this resilient plant, he would have to try something stronger.

That was when an idea formed. A powerful spell he had read about, but not yet tried. He wasn't sure he could remember all the components, but he was sure that he could figure them out.

It took all the strength within him to prepare for the spell. He let the energy build until he could not control it any more, than released it on the field. Immediately, a huge black void, in the shape of a perfect circle, filled the clearing, consuming all that was in it. The wild whipped up around the two dragons, pulling them in. It took all of Midnight's effort not to be dragged into the void. Then, as quickly as it had started, it stopped, and the flameweed stood once more, untouched, save for those outside the void that had been pulled in.

Midnight glanced over at Garnet. She did not look happy.

"You idiot!" Garnet snarled. "You could have gotten both of us killed! Do you remember nothing of what I told you on our first day? You can't rely on book knowledge alone! What spell were you trying to do?"

"I thought I could pull them into a black hole," Midnight admitted. "I may have lost control a little bit."

"No duh," Garnet snorted. "One thing you should know is that the Starfall Isles are strange and mysterious. You must be extra careful what magic you try because the arcane magic around us might twist it. The Arcanist likes his experimentation. Push the limits, yes, that is how you grow, but don't attempt anything that you are clearly unprepared for."

"I'm sorry," Midnight sighed, pulling his head done in shame.

"Don't apologize. Just do better next time," Garnet insisted. "Come on, we're going home."

Midnight had no choice but to follow her back into the woods, his first failure weighing heavily on his mind.

It's fun to match my daily writing with the item I pulled!

Coli was terrifying today! They made it to level 4 so they were in the Woodland Path and I had to be extra careful that I didn't push too far and get anyone killed.

I really hope that I can get a new dragon soon so that these three don't get too far ahead and make it impossible to train new dragons without them dying.
1 2 ... 15 16 17 18 19 ... 45 46