Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Beyond the Shroud - [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45 46
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/17#post_43962033]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 13: A Friend's Offer[/u][/b] [item=bronze fabric scrap] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61825965][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Ifor was still awake when Enser arrived back at the student quarters in the early hours of the morning. Midnight had come and gone (both the time and the dragon), and the guardian had found herself unable to sleep. Currently, she was sitting next to the dying fire, a now-cold cup of tea in her hands. She looked up to see Enser slip beside her. "What are you still doing up?" Enser asked. The wildclaw looked exhausted, but concern still sparked in his golden eyes. "I couldn't get to sleep, I had a rough time with Magiere today," Ifor sighed. "You don't need to stay up for my sake. I've just accepted its going to be a sleepless night." "What did she do?" Enser asked, not budging. Ifor recounted her lessons that day, including the horrible activity with the candle. "I haven't learned anything from her, I just feel like I'm falling farther and farther behind." She sighed. Enser stared at her for a moment, an unreadable expression on his face. Finally, after a while, he spoke. "Why don't I start teaching you some basic magic, to give you something to start with." "No, I couldn't possibly get you to do that! You're busy enough as it is! I couldn't bother you in that way!" Ifor exclaimed, shaking her head. "I'll figure everything out!" "But will you?" Enser asked. "I mean, I'm not doubting you. And you're right that I'm pretty busy, but I can still take some time to teach you something. I can't just keep watching you fall behind like this. And Magiere is really being unfair to you." "Thank you," Ifor sighed, feeling a sudden wave of relief. "And go talk to Garnet," Enser suggested. "She should know that one of her teachers isn't up to the standard that she should be." "I don't know... From what Midnight said, I'm guessing she'll probably brush it off as something that builds character or something like that." Ifor grumbled. "Tell her, she should know what's going on. And Garnet is hardly fond of Magiere as it is, I'm guessing she won't need much to get on her case about it," Enser grinned. "Seriously, she can't keep getting away with this, and you can't keep letting her push you around. You're sweet, but you let people walk all over you too much. You should learn to stand up for yourself." "I guess..." Ifor sighed. Suddenly, she was feeling very tired. Talking to Enser had helped take the weight off of her chest. "Get some sleep," Enser said, getting up. "You have more classes tomorrow, and you're going to want to be rested." Ifor nodded, knowing he was right. With a yawn, she got to her feet, and wandered back to her room for a few restless hours of sleep before the sun rose above the horizon once more. ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/19#post_44019927]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center] @CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars [/center] ----- I pulled this item a few days ago, but I've been busy over the past couple days and haven't had the chance to write, so here it is now!

Day 13: A Friend's Offer
Bronze Fabric Scrap
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=61825965&skin=0&apparel=35010,6027,6031&xt=dressing.png

Ifor was still awake when Enser arrived back at the student quarters in the early hours of the morning. Midnight had come and gone (both the time and the dragon), and the guardian had found herself unable to sleep. Currently, she was sitting next to the dying fire, a now-cold cup of tea in her hands. She looked up to see Enser slip beside her.

"What are you still doing up?" Enser asked. The wildclaw looked exhausted, but concern still sparked in his golden eyes.

"I couldn't get to sleep, I had a rough time with Magiere today," Ifor sighed. "You don't need to stay up for my sake. I've just accepted its going to be a sleepless night."

"What did she do?" Enser asked, not budging.

Ifor recounted her lessons that day, including the horrible activity with the candle. "I haven't learned anything from her, I just feel like I'm falling farther and farther behind." She sighed.

Enser stared at her for a moment, an unreadable expression on his face. Finally, after a while, he spoke. "Why don't I start teaching you some basic magic, to give you something to start with."

"No, I couldn't possibly get you to do that! You're busy enough as it is! I couldn't bother you in that way!" Ifor exclaimed, shaking her head. "I'll figure everything out!"

"But will you?" Enser asked. "I mean, I'm not doubting you. And you're right that I'm pretty busy, but I can still take some time to teach you something. I can't just keep watching you fall behind like this. And Magiere is really being unfair to you."

"Thank you," Ifor sighed, feeling a sudden wave of relief.

"And go talk to Garnet," Enser suggested. "She should know that one of her teachers isn't up to the standard that she should be."

"I don't know... From what Midnight said, I'm guessing she'll probably brush it off as something that builds character or something like that." Ifor grumbled.

"Tell her, she should know what's going on. And Garnet is hardly fond of Magiere as it is, I'm guessing she won't need much to get on her case about it," Enser grinned. "Seriously, she can't keep getting away with this, and you can't keep letting her push you around. You're sweet, but you let people walk all over you too much. You should learn to stand up for yourself."

"I guess..." Ifor sighed. Suddenly, she was feeling very tired. Talking to Enser had helped take the weight off of her chest.

"Get some sleep," Enser said, getting up. "You have more classes tomorrow, and you're going to want to be rested."

Ifor nodded, knowing he was right. With a yawn, she got to her feet, and wandered back to her room for a few restless hours of sleep before the sun rose above the horizon once more.

I pulled this item a few days ago, but I've been busy over the past couple days and haven't had the chance to write, so here it is now!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall

Wholesome bonding!!

(I hope Enser isn’t up to anything.)
@Petall

Wholesome bonding!!

(I hope Enser isn’t up to anything.)
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@Petall

Oh my gosh! Enser is such a sweet boy! I love him so much! Reading this chapter made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :')
@Petall

Oh my gosh! Enser is such a sweet boy! I love him so much! Reading this chapter made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :')
XXXX SakuraSundae
Collections & Wishlist
Activity Log
Free Buttons!
X 92646683.png
93792143.png
90712426.png
I'm currently being scattered!
Follow the progress here!
extra1.png
@Petall That was a pretty sweet chapter! Enser seems to be the BFF of the year, and I wholly agree with him. Garnet should at least know that one of her teachers' attitudes is negatively impacting student performance. (Can't wait to see how that conversation will go. X3)
@Petall That was a pretty sweet chapter! Enser seems to be the BFF of the year, and I wholly agree with him. Garnet should at least know that one of her teachers' attitudes is negatively impacting student performance. (Can't wait to see how that conversation will go. X3)
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
@Tirtouga678

Wholesome bonding indeed!

@Tiffkaboo

Thank you!!!

@Disillusionist

It should be a fun conversation to write!
@Tirtouga678

Wholesome bonding indeed!

@Tiffkaboo

Thank you!!!

@Disillusionist

It should be a fun conversation to write!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall boop boop henlo can I be added to the pinglist?

enser is my favorite so far!
@petall boop boop henlo can I be added to the pinglist?

enser is my favorite so far!
4a400340c0be109b6c971f8fd8e6cc021baeb6c8.png
@HauntedWhale

Of course you can be added to the pinglist!

What a coincidence! Enser is my favourite too!!!
@HauntedWhale

Of course you can be added to the pinglist!

What a coincidence! Enser is my favourite too!!!
@Petall I'd love to be added to the pinglist as well!
@Petall I'd love to be added to the pinglist as well!
60eldD0.gif
I occasionally don't get pings because of misspellings. My username is SLP (lowercase), three zeroes, and a one. You can copy and paste it if you're not sure you have it right.
If you want to talk about something troubling you, my PM box is open to everyone! Feel free to reach out whenever, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. I'll keep what you say a secret, if you want. It's my pleasure to help out everyone I can!
xKBtilj.gif
@slp0001

Adding you right now! Welcome!
@slp0001

Adding you right now! Welcome!
----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/19#post_44006810]Previous[/url][/center] ----- [center][b][u]Day 14: Meet Me Inside[/u][/b] [item=celestine] Sentence: Writing[/center] ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/61774797][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/51366344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] "Well, what is it? I don't have all day." The headmistress tapped her foot on the floor, her long claw clicking against the crystal. Ifor's mouth felt dry. She seemed to have lost all of her words. Enser's voice sounded in the back of her mind, urging her forward. This wasn't right. Magiere shouldn't be treating her this way. She needed to stand up for herself. "If you don't have anything useful to tell me, perhaps you should go. Lessons start in 15 minutes," Garnet huffed, looking unimpressed. "Wait!" Ifor exclaimed, feeling her chance to talk slip away. Now the headmistress was staring at her with reproachful green eyes. She had to say something now, or she could never speak again. "I wanted to talk to you about Magiere." "What of her?" Garnet's eyes snapped to focus. "It's just-" Ifor's heart pounded in her chest. It was getting difficult to breathe. "I haven't been learning anything from her." "Now, I get that Magiere is a tough teacher, but if you put in the work-" Garnet began. "No!" Ifor burst out. She was immediately flooded with embarrassment at having interrupted the headmistress, but she continued. "I've been trying! I've been working so hard! And I get that I don't have any natural talent, but Magiere isn't helping at all! She hasn't given me any advice about how I can get better, and she keeps setting impossible tasks without giving me any clue as to what to do! Then she scolds me for doing it wrong!" "Is this true?" Ifor expected Garnet to be surprised, or to not believe her, but instead her expression gleamed with interest. "Well, we can't have that. Blaid-" she turned to her fallen streak. "Fetch Magiere for me. And Ifor-" she turned back to the guardian. "You classes may be starting a little late today. Let me know if this is an issue that continues." [center][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/15131.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/0fedefe284e730eba9ef7fd934762f1c/tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/center] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/26649130][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=26649130&skin=0&apparel=19710,27766,3642,22697,22849,18777&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] Magiere was not impressed that Garnet had called her in for a meeting. The headmistress's obnoxious bird had woken her up from her sleep. The wildclaw groggily followed the bird until she found herself in Garnet's office. The other wildclaw did not look impressed. "You look like you just rolled out of bed, Magiere," Garnet growled. "It's this unprofessional behavior that I called you here to talk about." "What do you mean?" Magiere asked, surprised. "I mean to say that you can't be treating our students like how you've been treating Ifor," Garnet explained. "I mean, you can push them certainly, but they are here to learn, for Arcanist's sake! You can't punish them for not knowing things!" "But you gave me a weakling student!" Magiere growled back, her frustration that had been building since the beginning of the term bursting. "She has no natural talent, she knows nothing of magic, and she can't do anything! You expect me to waste my time on a dragon like that? I thought you were only going to be letting the most qualified students into our school!" "[i]Our [/i]school?" Garnet's eyes burned with a green fire as she moved closer to Magiere. She did not stop until her face was right in the other wildclaw's, teeth bared. "It is certainly the hope that [i]my[/i] school will reach such a prestige, but we are just starting out. We can't afford to be picky. Besides, I won't hear you calling any of our students useless. Ifor is a heck of a lot more useful than you could ever dream to be. Why do you think I gave you to her? It's time for you to learn that you can't just get everything you want by sitting on your butt and waiting for it to be served to you on a silver platter! I know you were a lady once, Magiere, but you're not any more. It's time to put in the work, otherwise you're going to have to find some other dragon to ride on the coattails of, because I won't have you teaching here anymore." Anger burned deep within Magiere. How dare Garnet challenge [i]her[/i]! Didn't she realize who she was talking to? Magiere was a good two and a half cycles older than Garnet, she should have more respect for her! "Why couldn't you have given me Midnight?" Magiere asked, trying to make one last desperate attempt to stand up to Garnet. "If I had given you Midnight, neither of you would have grown," Garnet huffed. "You would have been satisfied with his base knowledge, and that would have fed into his ego, and neither of you would be a credit to the school. Now go, Ifor is waiting for you. You're lucky to have her, she's determined, that one. She won't let go of her goals so easily. You could learn something from her." "Learn something from her?!" Magiere took a step back, offended. "Magiere, the last thing I want to do is treat one of my fellow staff as a student, but here we are," Garnet sighed, raising a hand to her head. "Why are you even here?" The face of another wildclaw flashed across Magiere's mind, causing another flare of anger. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind of that awful visage, and turned to storm out of the office. "Alright," She growled as she left. "You got me, I'll teach the twerp, if that's what you want. I'll teach her so well, you'll have to give me a better student." ----- [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2875584/21#post_44060109]Next[/url][/center] ----- [center]@CleverDual @Leopardmask @Sabariel @Drachenschwinge @Autumnus @GrinningWolf24 @Glassowary @CleverTrick @Stormlark @Dakala @Moonweaverr @Tirtouga678 @unicorn9 @Disillusionist @catmeow1 @Tynethyne @SkullGeist @Dynami @ShinyDecidueye @Tiffkaboo @secretlylying @MisterMylez @BarbaraFett @Aetherstorm @VeniVidiVici @YakileBekrea @MeepBoie400 @CorvvusCorax @WeaverofLies @myriadofstars @HauntedWhale @slp0001[/center] ----- Magiere is fun. I finally worked out why she's even at the school (apart from wanting Garnet's power) and this is going to make her all the more fun to write. Also, can anyone catch the musical reference in the title?

Day 14: Meet Me Inside
Celestine
Sentence: Writing

dragon?did=61774797&skin=0&apparel=554,12896&xt=dressing.png
dragon?did=51366344&skin=24270&apparel=21266,21274,21282,21290,21241&xt=dressing.png

"Well, what is it? I don't have all day." The headmistress tapped her foot on the floor, her long claw clicking against the crystal.

Ifor's mouth felt dry. She seemed to have lost all of her words. Enser's voice sounded in the back of her mind, urging her forward. This wasn't right. Magiere shouldn't be treating her this way. She needed to stand up for herself.

"If you don't have anything useful to tell me, perhaps you should go. Lessons start in 15 minutes," Garnet huffed, looking unimpressed.

"Wait!" Ifor exclaimed, feeling her chance to talk slip away. Now the headmistress was staring at her with reproachful green eyes. She had to say something now, or she could never speak again. "I wanted to talk to you about Magiere."

"What of her?" Garnet's eyes snapped to focus.

"It's just-" Ifor's heart pounded in her chest. It was getting difficult to breathe. "I haven't been learning anything from her."

"Now, I get that Magiere is a tough teacher, but if you put in the work-" Garnet began.

"No!" Ifor burst out. She was immediately flooded with embarrassment at having interrupted the headmistress, but she continued. "I've been trying! I've been working so hard! And I get that I don't have any natural talent, but Magiere isn't helping at all! She hasn't given me any advice about how I can get better, and she keeps setting impossible tasks without giving me any clue as to what to do! Then she scolds me for doing it wrong!"

"Is this true?" Ifor expected Garnet to be surprised, or to not believe her, but instead her expression gleamed with interest. "Well, we can't have that. Blaid-" she turned to her fallen streak. "Fetch Magiere for me. And Ifor-" she turned back to the guardian. "You classes may be starting a little late today. Let me know if this is an issue that continues."
15131.png

tumblr_inline_o25fuv277c1r3lvtf_500.png

dragon?did=26649130&skin=0&apparel=19710,27766,3642,22697,22849,18777&xt=dressing.png

Magiere was not impressed that Garnet had called her in for a meeting. The headmistress's obnoxious bird had woken her up from her sleep. The wildclaw groggily followed the bird until she found herself in Garnet's office. The other wildclaw did not look impressed.

"You look like you just rolled out of bed, Magiere," Garnet growled. "It's this unprofessional behavior that I called you here to talk about."

"What do you mean?" Magiere asked, surprised.

"I mean to say that you can't be treating our students like how you've been treating Ifor," Garnet explained. "I mean, you can push them certainly, but they are here to learn, for Arcanist's sake! You can't punish them for not knowing things!"

"But you gave me a weakling student!" Magiere growled back, her frustration that had been building since the beginning of the term bursting. "She has no natural talent, she knows nothing of magic, and she can't do anything! You expect me to waste my time on a dragon like that? I thought you were only going to be letting the most qualified students into our school!"

"Our school?" Garnet's eyes burned with a green fire as she moved closer to Magiere. She did not stop until her face was right in the other wildclaw's, teeth bared. "It is certainly the hope that my school will reach such a prestige, but we are just starting out. We can't afford to be picky. Besides, I won't hear you calling any of our students useless. Ifor is a heck of a lot more useful than you could ever dream to be. Why do you think I gave you to her? It's time for you to learn that you can't just get everything you want by sitting on your butt and waiting for it to be served to you on a silver platter! I know you were a lady once, Magiere, but you're not any more. It's time to put in the work, otherwise you're going to have to find some other dragon to ride on the coattails of, because I won't have you teaching here anymore."

Anger burned deep within Magiere. How dare Garnet challenge her! Didn't she realize who she was talking to? Magiere was a good two and a half cycles older than Garnet, she should have more respect for her!

"Why couldn't you have given me Midnight?" Magiere asked, trying to make one last desperate attempt to stand up to Garnet.

"If I had given you Midnight, neither of you would have grown," Garnet huffed. "You would have been satisfied with his base knowledge, and that would have fed into his ego, and neither of you would be a credit to the school. Now go, Ifor is waiting for you. You're lucky to have her, she's determined, that one. She won't let go of her goals so easily. You could learn something from her."

"Learn something from her?!" Magiere took a step back, offended.

"Magiere, the last thing I want to do is treat one of my fellow staff as a student, but here we are," Garnet sighed, raising a hand to her head. "Why are you even here?"

The face of another wildclaw flashed across Magiere's mind, causing another flare of anger. She shook her head, trying to clear her mind of that awful visage, and turned to storm out of the office.

"Alright," She growled as she left. "You got me, I'll teach the twerp, if that's what you want. I'll teach her so well, you'll have to give me a better student."

Magiere is fun. I finally worked out why she's even at the school (apart from wanting Garnet's power) and this is going to make her all the more fun to write.

Also, can anyone catch the musical reference in the title?
1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 45 46