Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland 2019
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 144 145
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Nightingale [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=plague rune size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/[b]Other[/b] [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: [b]Yes[/b]/No [b]My RP post[/b]: pwease... hmu
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Nightingale
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes/No
My RP post: pwease... hmu
Cleaning up the dust...
@3idolon [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Kiliac [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=red vial size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Somewhere near dusk, Kiliac found the City of Bones. The ‘city’ part was a misnomer, all things considered; it was more like a waystone, a side-of-the-road attraction that most paths in the Wasteland eventually found. It lay in a shallow valley between two hills, filling every inch of space to be found. Bones of every shape and size, from the tiniest ossicles to mammoth rib cages from eras past were littered haphazardly across the landscape, following the terrain’s natural contours and skirting a maze of tiny footpaths. Since the beginning of dragonkind, it had been a sort of graveyard, a comparatively safe final resting place. Nowadays, it had become hallowed ground, sacred to the peoples of Plague. Kiliac paused on the threshold, taking in the twisted vista before her. To any other dragon, of any other flight, the place would have seemed strange and cursed. Here, it was the exact opposite. Kiliac stepped reverently into the City, her cart wheeling slowly on mismatched wheels behind her. The hills around her both magnified and muffled the sound her passage made, whispering strange echoes from hidden corners. Tall arcs of bone curved over the path, casting long shadows in the penumbral light. She rounded a bend, eyes flitting between the bones. What she sought wasn’t there…it must have been moved deeper in. So she trudged, alone, on narrow footpaths through the rambling graveyard, alert but at ease. Even the beasts of the earth respected the City as a hallowed place; she wouldn’t be troubled. Near the end of the ossified maze she found what she was looking for. The bones here were more structured, more uniform. They curved purposefully into shapes, becoming a sort of uniform chaos. A miscellany of items were scattered in the skeletal structures; clothes binned in rib-cages; jaws and skulls supporting old weapons and spare trinkets; coins glistening between cast-off claws. The City of Bones was a repository and an exchange, a place to leave what was no longer needed and gain something new in return. It was a sort of sacred cycle that Kiliac had observed many times as a child. Her family frequented the place. She pulled an unassuming canvas bag from her cart and set it down, pulling gently on the drawstring to reveal its contents for future visitors. Old books and clothes, a few chemist’s tools that had grown obsolete. In return she browsed the vast array of bits and bobs that others had discarded over the years. There wasn’t much for academic items, as such things were not in great need or want in the Wasteland. Weapons made frequent appearance, alongside mismatched armor. Kiliac wasn’t keen on devices of violence, this time. She had left her own heavy weapons at home for a reason. Instead, she opted to take a few pieces of choice clothing that would suit long days of travel. Sturdy leggings and an artful wing cover would support her most strained muscles as she walked and flew, respectively. On a whim, she also took a clawguard. Self defense, after all, would likely become a necessity, and Kiliac wanted to be nothing if not prepared. Better safe than sorry, they always say! Satisfied with the trade, Kiliac said a quick honor-oath under her breath and left the City of Bones, off to wander the plains beyond. ------------- [size=2]@Antigen - my interpretation of your prompt! I've had this idea in my head for a while now and it was great to have it take shape :)[/size]
@3idolon
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Kiliac
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post:

Somewhere near dusk, Kiliac found the City of Bones.

The ‘city’ part was a misnomer, all things considered; it was more like a waystone, a side-of-the-road attraction that most paths in the Wasteland eventually found. It lay in a shallow valley between two hills, filling every inch of space to be found. Bones of every shape and size, from the tiniest ossicles to mammoth rib cages from eras past were littered haphazardly across the landscape, following the terrain’s natural contours and skirting a maze of tiny footpaths. Since the beginning of dragonkind, it had been a sort of graveyard, a comparatively safe final resting place.

Nowadays, it had become hallowed ground, sacred to the peoples of Plague.

Kiliac paused on the threshold, taking in the twisted vista before her. To any other dragon, of any other flight, the place would have seemed strange and cursed. Here, it was the exact opposite.

Kiliac stepped reverently into the City, her cart wheeling slowly on mismatched wheels behind her. The hills around her both magnified and muffled the sound her passage made, whispering strange echoes from hidden corners. Tall arcs of bone curved over the path, casting long shadows in the penumbral light.

She rounded a bend, eyes flitting between the bones. What she sought wasn’t there…it must have been moved deeper in.

So she trudged, alone, on narrow footpaths through the rambling graveyard, alert but at ease. Even the beasts of the earth respected the City as a hallowed place; she wouldn’t be troubled.

Near the end of the ossified maze she found what she was looking for.

The bones here were more structured, more uniform. They curved purposefully into shapes, becoming a sort of uniform chaos. A miscellany of items were scattered in the skeletal structures; clothes binned in rib-cages; jaws and skulls supporting old weapons and spare trinkets; coins glistening between cast-off claws.

The City of Bones was a repository and an exchange, a place to leave what was no longer needed and gain something new in return. It was a sort of sacred cycle that Kiliac had observed many times as a child. Her family frequented the place.

She pulled an unassuming canvas bag from her cart and set it down, pulling gently on the drawstring to reveal its contents for future visitors. Old books and clothes, a few chemist’s tools that had grown obsolete. In return she browsed the vast array of bits and bobs that others had discarded over the years. There wasn’t much for academic items, as such things were not in great need or want in the Wasteland. Weapons made frequent appearance, alongside mismatched armor.

Kiliac wasn’t keen on devices of violence, this time. She had left her own heavy weapons at home for a reason. Instead, she opted to take a few pieces of choice clothing that would suit long days of travel. Sturdy leggings and an artful wing cover would support her most strained muscles as she walked and flew, respectively. On a whim, she also took a clawguard. Self defense, after all, would likely become a necessity, and Kiliac wanted to be nothing if not prepared. Better safe than sorry, they always say!

Satisfied with the trade, Kiliac said a quick honor-oath under her breath and left the City of Bones, off to wander the plains beyond.

@Antigen - my interpretation of your prompt! I've had this idea in my head for a while now and it was great to have it take shape :)
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
(@Antigen I'm having so much fun! Thank you for handing out items!)

re: 10/10 exploration

Mavuto glared at the Skydancer who handed him the flock of obnoxious birds, sure that she was hiding something. But he wasn't willing to question her, so moved on without a word.
(@Antigen I'm having so much fun! Thank you for handing out items!)

re: 10/10 exploration

Mavuto glared at the Skydancer who handed him the flock of obnoxious birds, sure that she was hiding something. But he wasn't willing to question her, so moved on without a word.

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
@3idolon [b]Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland[/b]: Sarnai [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41661981] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/416620/41661981_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]My chosen map marker is[/b]: [emoji=ivy leaf size=1] [b]A brief introduction of my dragon explorer[/b]: Sarnai is a master with a rapier and has a darker side to her generally focused personality. She is commonly found traversing the clan borders and frequently makes trips outside of the Nature territories. [b]I am open to RP interaction[/b]: Yes [i]Optional for RPers[/i] [b]Personality of your dragon explorer[/b]: Just like a rose, Sarnai appears sweet, but only to those who have gained her trust. Easily irritated, she can be harshly critical about seemingly simple or uncalculated conclusions. [b]Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer[/b]: Despite being of the Nature Flight, Sarnai shares qualities with many a Plague dragon.
@3idolon
Dragon exploring the Scarred Wasteland: Sarnai

41661981_350.png

My chosen map marker is:
A brief introduction of my dragon explorer: Sarnai is a master with a rapier and has a darker side to her generally focused personality. She is commonly found traversing the clan borders and frequently makes trips outside of the Nature territories.
I am open to RP interaction: Yes

Optional for RPers
Personality of your dragon explorer: Just like a rose, Sarnai appears sweet, but only to those who have gained her trust. Easily irritated, she can be harshly critical about seemingly simple or uncalculated conclusions.
Things other people should know before interacting with my explorer: Despite being of the Nature Flight, Sarnai shares qualities with many a Plague dragon.
@3idolon [img]https://i.imgur.com/u5xC1v4.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2761257/14#post_40901850]Mavuto[/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cobra size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M) [b][i]Optional for RPers[/i][/b]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: While Mavuto had flown straight for the heart of the Wasteland, he had not yet dared the edge of the Wyrmwound... today he did. Gazing over churning cauldron, he felt a flicker of fear in his heart...
@3idolon
u5xC1v4.png

My explorer is: Mavuto

My map marker is:

I am searching for: Food (I/M)

Optional for RPers:

I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No

My RP post: While Mavuto had flown straight for the heart of the Wasteland, he had not yet dared the edge of the Wyrmwound... today he did. Gazing over churning cauldron, he felt a flicker of fear in his heart...

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
Acp3eET.png*NIdUF6j.pngJKNmjbX.pngHFIQUjw.pngSFXnr9A.png2KqnYj4.pngUifrkF6.pnghBq372b.pngK4kr5BC.pngEeIVgVi.png8ayfQ7p.pngemtOFWD.pngfNFWviE.pngWANW32a.png6l90A3T.pngUS7UtHx.png
Spying a bright blue flicker on the shore of the cauldron, Mavuto covered his... unease... yes, that was the word, and called out, "Greetings! Might I inquire into the nature of your travels?"

@Alfamangle
Spying a bright blue flicker on the shore of the cauldron, Mavuto covered his... unease... yes, that was the word, and called out, "Greetings! Might I inquire into the nature of your travels?"

@Alfamangle

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
@sgkat

Torrent looked up, as he coughed, " T-torrent! I'm-" He coughed harder, "looking for ingredients for my-" He coughed, and took a swig of some sort of liquid from a flask, "My dishes. This looked like some sort of water, so I'm l-" He coughed harder, his cat laying down next to some bones, his hippogriff looked like it had a few feathers missing from it's wings, "I'm looking for fish. You eat meat right, want some of my Java Sparrow energy drink?"
@sgkat

Torrent looked up, as he coughed, " T-torrent! I'm-" He coughed harder, "looking for ingredients for my-" He coughed, and took a swig of some sort of liquid from a flask, "My dishes. This looked like some sort of water, so I'm l-" He coughed harder, his cat laying down next to some bones, his hippogriff looked like it had a few feathers missing from it's wings, "I'm looking for fish. You eat meat right, want some of my Java Sparrow energy drink?"
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
@Alfamangle

Mavuto delicately raised an eyebrow. "A most gracious offer, but I must decline... but please, do elaborate: what sort of exceptional and exquisite ingredients are you searching for?"
@Alfamangle

Mavuto delicately raised an eyebrow. "A most gracious offer, but I must decline... but please, do elaborate: what sort of exceptional and exquisite ingredients are you searching for?"

Projects
Wishlist
Bio Resources
@sgkat

"At first anythng that was rare, no-" He coughed more, his cat flicking an ear, " Now I'm just searching for anything edible I can turn into a dish. Th - Th-" He coughed more, "That'll make this trip outhere worthwhile. I've been hovering around this pool for the past few days, and now I'm wondering if it'll taste good if I drank it." He said, setting down his bag and rummaging around for an empty flask.
@sgkat

"At first anythng that was rare, no-" He coughed more, his cat flicking an ear, " Now I'm just searching for anything edible I can turn into a dish. Th - Th-" He coughed more, "That'll make this trip outhere worthwhile. I've been hovering around this pool for the past few days, and now I'm wondering if it'll taste good if I drank it." He said, setting down his bag and rummaging around for an empty flask.
2KwZtRK.png7nppAyR.png
Back! RP posts and explorations logged up to *here* shortly
Back! RP posts and explorations logged up to *here* shortly
32392442p.png66416996p.png83684589p.png75459369p.png78722162p.png70636041p.png64470764p.png
1 2 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 144 145