Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] The Plague Hunger Games
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 169 170
Thinking for a while, Bimala replied, "I think I know another place which might hold a cluster of flowers. I came across a ravine a while back, and a bunch of vines had made their home there. They were everywhere too, on the ceilings, on the floor, some were even in the middle of cinsuming an Imperial. It might be a good idea to check it out." Just as she turned to head for the ravine, she froze. The off sensation had just grown again, pressing down on her like a load. She was certain that if she hadn't felt it before, she definitely would have felt it now. "Please tell me you can feel the atmosphere's change now." Maybe they should put a hold on their plans to escape and focus on surviving whatever was going to happen instead.
@Galatheid
Thinking for a while, Bimala replied, "I think I know another place which might hold a cluster of flowers. I came across a ravine a while back, and a bunch of vines had made their home there. They were everywhere too, on the ceilings, on the floor, some were even in the middle of cinsuming an Imperial. It might be a good idea to check it out." Just as she turned to head for the ravine, she froze. The off sensation had just grown again, pressing down on her like a load. She was certain that if she hadn't felt it before, she definitely would have felt it now. "Please tell me you can feel the atmosphere's change now." Maybe they should put a hold on their plans to escape and focus on surviving whatever was going to happen instead.
@Galatheid
hhhahah.png
Demeter whirled around as soon as she heard the crash of heavy footfalls behind her, the Imperial from before loomed over her. Skies was he enormous. The only advantage his size would give her was that he would never be able to creep up on her, she thought bitterly, not having forgotten the moment when he nearly turned his powers on her, after they had killed Bimala, it still stung her to think of the mindless panic that had ended in her clawing the mirror to death.

She backed away as inconspicuously as she could, so that she was far from his claws that were about as tall as she was, and listened to his request, well not a request, more of a demand. She knew his mission was to intimidate her, and yes, she was scared, especially after she had seen what he could do. But she didn't see she had another choice, this Imperial could smite her as easily as a fly, she knew that one swipe from that claw could snap all of her bones like twigs, so quickly, she glanced up and muttered, "Fine, I'll come with you." But I'm not killing anymore dragons, she thought shuddering at the memory.

He strode forward, and even that was unfair, Demeter could hardly keep up, even though she as a Mirror was built for endurance, the Imperial simply had a longer stride and soon she was propelling herself with her wings to keep up with him.

They arrived at a camp, which seemed to have many supplies - including an explosive. Oh, he wants to raid the camp, not kill any dragons? she thought considerably relieved. Her eyes went around the camp, then found an explosive. Glancing back at Eternity she walked towards it, but before she had reached it a gaoler appeared out of nowhere swiping it.

Demeter snarled, offended that the gaoler thought she was insignificant enough as to snatch up a bomb right in front of her, and feeling like her pride was hurt, she did the stupidest thing, she sprinted at the gaoler, lifting into the air which was unfamiliar for her mirror wings, and dived at the bomb, plucking it out from his grasp. Then abandoning the rest of the dragons she shot into the air with the bomb and flapped as hard as she could, wanting nothing more than to get away from them all, she wanted to take no part in the battle that was sure to happen over the remaining supplies.

All that mattered was that she had a bomb, and although it was one bomb she could engineer many more with its help, not all hope was lost yet. Soon the arena would go up in flames.

She descended into a well-hidden area and panted, she was not used to using her wings, after all mirrors mostly traveled on land. Staring down at the explosive like it was her ticket out of the arena she grinned and began to work.

@Tripkatt13 @Shrimpchronos

Demeter whirled around as soon as she heard the crash of heavy footfalls behind her, the Imperial from before loomed over her. Skies was he enormous. The only advantage his size would give her was that he would never be able to creep up on her, she thought bitterly, not having forgotten the moment when he nearly turned his powers on her, after they had killed Bimala, it still stung her to think of the mindless panic that had ended in her clawing the mirror to death.

She backed away as inconspicuously as she could, so that she was far from his claws that were about as tall as she was, and listened to his request, well not a request, more of a demand. She knew his mission was to intimidate her, and yes, she was scared, especially after she had seen what he could do. But she didn't see she had another choice, this Imperial could smite her as easily as a fly, she knew that one swipe from that claw could snap all of her bones like twigs, so quickly, she glanced up and muttered, "Fine, I'll come with you." But I'm not killing anymore dragons, she thought shuddering at the memory.

He strode forward, and even that was unfair, Demeter could hardly keep up, even though she as a Mirror was built for endurance, the Imperial simply had a longer stride and soon she was propelling herself with her wings to keep up with him.

They arrived at a camp, which seemed to have many supplies - including an explosive. Oh, he wants to raid the camp, not kill any dragons? she thought considerably relieved. Her eyes went around the camp, then found an explosive. Glancing back at Eternity she walked towards it, but before she had reached it a gaoler appeared out of nowhere swiping it.

Demeter snarled, offended that the gaoler thought she was insignificant enough as to snatch up a bomb right in front of her, and feeling like her pride was hurt, she did the stupidest thing, she sprinted at the gaoler, lifting into the air which was unfamiliar for her mirror wings, and dived at the bomb, plucking it out from his grasp. Then abandoning the rest of the dragons she shot into the air with the bomb and flapped as hard as she could, wanting nothing more than to get away from them all, she wanted to take no part in the battle that was sure to happen over the remaining supplies.

All that mattered was that she had a bomb, and although it was one bomb she could engineer many more with its help, not all hope was lost yet. Soon the arena would go up in flames.

She descended into a well-hidden area and panted, she was not used to using her wings, after all mirrors mostly traveled on land. Staring down at the explosive like it was her ticket out of the arena she grinned and began to work.

@Tripkatt13 @Shrimpchronos

Foxglove frowned. There was genuine worry radiating from the Mirror now, and she knew the strange sensation had to be real. Now, however, as she strained all of her senses, she realized that it was true: there was a faint change in the atmosphere that felt wrong, and although she couldn't pinpoint what it was, she was instantly worried. "I feel it," she confirmed, pausing. Something is about to happen, all of her senses told her. "I feel like my intestines are squirming around." She blinked. "There was definitely no need to give you that image. But are you sure it's the atmosphere that's changed, or..." She trailed off, not knowing what she was going to say.

@Alurayune
Foxglove frowned. There was genuine worry radiating from the Mirror now, and she knew the strange sensation had to be real. Now, however, as she strained all of her senses, she realized that it was true: there was a faint change in the atmosphere that felt wrong, and although she couldn't pinpoint what it was, she was instantly worried. "I feel it," she confirmed, pausing. Something is about to happen, all of her senses told her. "I feel like my intestines are squirming around." She blinked. "There was definitely no need to give you that image. But are you sure it's the atmosphere that's changed, or..." She trailed off, not knowing what she was going to say.

@Alurayune
[center][b]Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43268354] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/432684/43268354.png[/img] [/url][/center] ------ Harsh sunlight beat down on the guardian's scales, worsened by her natural element but quite frankly she didn't care. Chloe was aware of how this scene must have looked to the Capital or other passing tributes: a massive dragon sprawled out in the dirt, flopped over like a corpse or a wounded animal that had accepted its death and was waiting for the hunter to catch up and end it. She knew she was being a child, there was no excuse for her not trying to stem the fever or camp out until an opportunity to kill presented itself, she just didn't give a damn at this point. She groaned as she forced herself to roll over, blinking at the sun and scowling. She wasn't even in the trees anymore. After Vidar left her there she had dragged herself into the nearest clearing and collapsed. Was it a stupid plan? Absolutely. She might as well beg the next dragon she sees to kill her. [i]I mean, that is what I'm doing really. But gods [b]please[/b], this game is taking a lifetime to end, just let me go already.[/i] The sound of scales forced her eye open and she silently watched the small python slither up and ball up on her limp wings. "Hello friend, I wouldn't advise that." [i]Now I'm talking to a snake.[/i] "If you're still there when I wake up,I will end up eating you for a snack." It payed her no mind, probably assuming the pathetic dragon under its magnificent self would never dare to do such a thing. Chloe snorted and set her head back down in the soft dirt, ignoring the faint rustling in the trees behind her. [i]Next time you're getting volunteered Nathaniel.[/i] ------ [size=2](Open for rp)
Chloe | District 2 | Ice | Guardian

43268354.png

Harsh sunlight beat down on the guardian's scales, worsened by her natural element but quite frankly she didn't care. Chloe was aware of how this scene must have looked to the Capital or other passing tributes: a massive dragon sprawled out in the dirt, flopped over like a corpse or a wounded animal that had accepted its death and was waiting for the hunter to catch up and end it. She knew she was being a child, there was no excuse for her not trying to stem the fever or camp out until an opportunity to kill presented itself, she just didn't give a damn at this point.

She groaned as she forced herself to roll over, blinking at the sun and scowling. She wasn't even in the trees anymore. After Vidar left her there she had dragged herself into the nearest clearing and collapsed. Was it a stupid plan? Absolutely. She might as well beg the next dragon she sees to kill her. I mean, that is what I'm doing really. But gods please, this game is taking a lifetime to end, just let me go already. The sound of scales forced her eye open and she silently watched the small python slither up and ball up on her limp wings. "Hello friend, I wouldn't advise that." Now I'm talking to a snake. "If you're still there when I wake up,I will end up eating you for a snack." It payed her no mind, probably assuming the pathetic dragon under its magnificent self would never dare to do such a thing. Chloe snorted and set her head back down in the soft dirt, ignoring the faint rustling in the trees behind her. Next time you're getting volunteered Nathaniel.
(Open for rp)
adopt.pngxxxxxxxx2z8Ghkx.png
Hearing Foxglove's words, Bimala sighed in relief. Thank goodness she wasn't going crazy. She did a quick glance through the environment around them, looking for any sign that it was just the Arena itself leading up to something, perhaps a tidal wave of some sort, but no, nothing was signalling to her. "I'm sure it's the atmosphere. Whatever's happening isn't going to be natural, either. This place has different ways of building up to things that don't involve the atmosphere, and none of those signs are happening right now. Unless you're saying the organisers did something to the air itself which shows as a change in the atmosphere, but I don't think they'd do that..." Would they? What could they even do to the air that would manifest in such a way?
@Galatheid
Hearing Foxglove's words, Bimala sighed in relief. Thank goodness she wasn't going crazy. She did a quick glance through the environment around them, looking for any sign that it was just the Arena itself leading up to something, perhaps a tidal wave of some sort, but no, nothing was signalling to her. "I'm sure it's the atmosphere. Whatever's happening isn't going to be natural, either. This place has different ways of building up to things that don't involve the atmosphere, and none of those signs are happening right now. Unless you're saying the organisers did something to the air itself which shows as a change in the atmosphere, but I don't think they'd do that..." Would they? What could they even do to the air that would manifest in such a way?
@Galatheid
hhhahah.png
Eternity

As Demeter had agreed to their "Alliance" though it was more a show for the audience, they went to the camp, grabbing some supplies. He knew she was frightened of him, his experience and size made him quite intimidating, especially the magic that seemed to quite literally surround him.

His laughter soon found it's way up his throat, and he threw his head back, bellowing as the two had gotten away from the camp, at how stupid this all seemed. She was working on the explosive, sitting atop his back, and the mirror was startled by his deep, roaring chuckling that reverberated throughout the arena.

It was all just too entertaining, the foolish Mirror actually thought he might kill her! She may be strong, and he had no doubt her cunning knew no ends, but it was just plain insanity that she was frightened by him, even though he could fit her snugly in one paw.

"Foolish Engineer. You may be intelligent, but your stupidity knows no bounds. Why would I kill another dragon!? Bimala was an accident, she was not my fault! I kill only when necessary, Demeter, that means when they challenge me, or when they stand in my way. At this point in time, killing you would only punish me, the audience would be far from pleased."

"I may dislike them, but you need their support to win. When I die, and have no doubts, I may be strong but there is always one stronger, it will not be because some foolish idiots thought so, but I will look right in their eyes, my heart on their blade, and say nothing."

"In the end, Everything comes to an end, even Gods. So chin up, little sister, for today is not the day we die, nor is tomorrow. We will see the end of these games." He smiled at the small Dragon, and walked on, quietly humming a tune from his hatchling-hood, missing the confused look from Demeter.
@Unterrestrial
Eternity

As Demeter had agreed to their "Alliance" though it was more a show for the audience, they went to the camp, grabbing some supplies. He knew she was frightened of him, his experience and size made him quite intimidating, especially the magic that seemed to quite literally surround him.

His laughter soon found it's way up his throat, and he threw his head back, bellowing as the two had gotten away from the camp, at how stupid this all seemed. She was working on the explosive, sitting atop his back, and the mirror was startled by his deep, roaring chuckling that reverberated throughout the arena.

It was all just too entertaining, the foolish Mirror actually thought he might kill her! She may be strong, and he had no doubt her cunning knew no ends, but it was just plain insanity that she was frightened by him, even though he could fit her snugly in one paw.

"Foolish Engineer. You may be intelligent, but your stupidity knows no bounds. Why would I kill another dragon!? Bimala was an accident, she was not my fault! I kill only when necessary, Demeter, that means when they challenge me, or when they stand in my way. At this point in time, killing you would only punish me, the audience would be far from pleased."

"I may dislike them, but you need their support to win. When I die, and have no doubts, I may be strong but there is always one stronger, it will not be because some foolish idiots thought so, but I will look right in their eyes, my heart on their blade, and say nothing."

"In the end, Everything comes to an end, even Gods. So chin up, little sister, for today is not the day we die, nor is tomorrow. We will see the end of these games." He smiled at the small Dragon, and walked on, quietly humming a tune from his hatchling-hood, missing the confused look from Demeter.
@Unterrestrial
One day, a decision must be made, one that will decide all of existence. Who survives, will the Darkness conquer or the Light Prosper. I have seen in my orb, you will pick the path of our futures. Plague or Pearl will be your choice, as the fate of existence rests on your voice-The Tidelordtumblr_op5geiocBz1rravn7o1_500.pngz3tnOVC.png
@Rivertyl Last respons to that RP from me then :3 You can decide how that ends as it is your choice anyway :D [center] [b]Cranium l Skydancer l Plague l District 6[/b] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=274796&tab=dragon&did=54642721][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54642721&skin=28846&apparel=12270,21240,10880,28785,21289,28788,28787,23717,294,5398&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url] When the black Guardian jumped up and growled at him, asking him why he had spared his life, Cranium slowly backed a little bit up. He wasn't anticipating such a strong reaction. "Well, I could kill you and have another tribute eliminated - or I could spare your life and forge an alliance with a strong partner. There are still many Tributes alive and something strange is in the air, can't you feel it? We need allies on our side, not enemys. Speaking off, what is your name?" Speaking like that, Cranium had one hand on his stick he carrys around, the end sharpend. It wouldn't kill the Guardian, maybe burst on the hard scales, but it would hurt him enough to hold him back if he decides to try and kill him. He wasn't expecting nothing and all from the Guardian and hoped he made the right decision, the decision which would convice Plaguemom to let him be her Herald. --- The next morning, Cranium got a delivery package from an unknown sponsor. As he peeked inside, he saw some fresh food inside. He was hungry since he wasn't eating much yesterday, the whole day was caught up in rescuing Vidar, and so he quick ate some pieces - only to throw them up. The thing in the air had an effect on his stomage. Cranium's senses are sharp and as a Skydancer everything he senses has a physical effect to him. But only strong senses make his body react. The sense he was feeling now, made him uncomfortable, restless and set his stomage in riot. Cranium drank his last water, not fresh anymore. It calmed his stomage a little bit more down. Slowly, he ate the rest of the food he got, every second estimating if he can hold it inside. When he finished, he knew he had to rest for a bit. But afterwards, he would need to go hunting for more food and maybe one or two Tributes. It was time to start the killing.[/center]
@Rivertyl Last respons to that RP from me then :3 You can decide how that ends as it is your choice anyway :D
Cranium l Skydancer l Plague l District 6
dragon?did=54642721&skin=28846&apparel=12270,21240,10880,28785,21289,28788,28787,23717,294,5398&xt=dressing.png

When the black Guardian jumped up and growled at him, asking him why he had spared his life, Cranium slowly backed a little bit up.
He wasn't anticipating such a strong reaction.

"Well, I could kill you and have another tribute eliminated - or I could spare your life and forge an alliance with a strong partner. There are still many Tributes alive and something strange is in the air, can't you feel it? We need allies on our side, not enemys. Speaking off, what is your name?"

Speaking like that, Cranium had one hand on his stick he carrys around, the end sharpend. It wouldn't kill the Guardian, maybe burst on the hard scales, but it would hurt him enough to hold him back if he decides to try and kill him.
He wasn't expecting nothing and all from the Guardian and hoped he made the right decision, the decision which would convice Plaguemom to let him be her Herald.

---

The next morning, Cranium got a delivery package from an unknown sponsor. As he peeked inside, he saw some fresh food inside. He was hungry since he wasn't eating much yesterday, the whole day was caught up in rescuing Vidar, and so he quick ate some pieces - only to throw them up.

The thing in the air had an effect on his stomage. Cranium's senses are sharp and as a Skydancer everything he senses has a physical effect to him. But only strong senses make his body react.
The sense he was feeling now, made him uncomfortable, restless and set his stomage in riot. Cranium drank his last water, not fresh anymore. It calmed his stomage a little bit more down. Slowly, he ate the rest of the food he got, every second estimating if he can hold it inside.

When he finished, he knew he had to rest for a bit. But afterwards, he would need to go hunting for more food and maybe one or two Tributes. It was time to start the killing.
BannerSiggiSize.pngky82ASU.gif
Foxglove nodded. “Or if they did something to the tributes,” she theorized. A shiver ran down her spine at the prospect. “These Plaguelackeys love spreading sickness. What if this a test — only the strongest can survive some grotesque sort of disease?” She shook her head. “But then, they’d run the risk of killing us all, so I don’t think that’s what it is.” She started to pace back and forth in frustration. We can’t tell anything from two dragons. We have to ask other tributes, study the patterns. But then, everyone thinks we’re dead, so that would be inadvisable.

@Alurayune
Foxglove nodded. “Or if they did something to the tributes,” she theorized. A shiver ran down her spine at the prospect. “These Plaguelackeys love spreading sickness. What if this a test — only the strongest can survive some grotesque sort of disease?” She shook her head. “But then, they’d run the risk of killing us all, so I don’t think that’s what it is.” She started to pace back and forth in frustration. We can’t tell anything from two dragons. We have to ask other tributes, study the patterns. But then, everyone thinks we’re dead, so that would be inadvisable.

@Alurayune
"What if we observed the other Tributes from a distance?" Bimala suggested. She didn't think the organisers infected them with a disease, but it was better to be safe than sorry and unless they wanted to cut open corpses and check for any signs of disease, which she in no way would ever agree to do, their best bet was just to observe. "Considering you only just sensed the change, it seems like different dragons sense it more than others. If we could find which ones are more aware of it, maybe they have something in common, which could help us figure out if the organisers really did do something. You said you felt like your intestines were squirming too, right? Maybe that's one of the symptoms, and other Tributes may display different symptoms as well. It's a long shot, but maybe it could help us know more about this."
@Galatheid
"What if we observed the other Tributes from a distance?" Bimala suggested. She didn't think the organisers infected them with a disease, but it was better to be safe than sorry and unless they wanted to cut open corpses and check for any signs of disease, which she in no way would ever agree to do, their best bet was just to observe. "Considering you only just sensed the change, it seems like different dragons sense it more than others. If we could find which ones are more aware of it, maybe they have something in common, which could help us figure out if the organisers really did do something. You said you felt like your intestines were squirming too, right? Maybe that's one of the symptoms, and other Tributes may display different symptoms as well. It's a long shot, but maybe it could help us know more about this."
@Galatheid
hhhahah.png
Foxglove nodded and then grimaced. She did not want to have to stalk the dragon who had almost used her own sickle to cut her throat out, but she also desperately wanted to solve this mystery. Sighing, she got up, casting one last glance at the pit of murderous plants.

“I don’t want to be surprised when this event hits, and my senses tell me it’ll be soon, so we should hurry if we want to do some spying.” She grinned wickedly. “Stealth is one of my advantages.” With a frown, she reflected on the time she had brushed against a Venus flytrap and Bimala had instantly pounced on her. That had been a stupid mistake. “Well, not that time,” Foxglove amended, “but I won’t screw up this time. Hopefully we can find a pattern doing this.”

@Alurayune
Foxglove nodded and then grimaced. She did not want to have to stalk the dragon who had almost used her own sickle to cut her throat out, but she also desperately wanted to solve this mystery. Sighing, she got up, casting one last glance at the pit of murderous plants.

“I don’t want to be surprised when this event hits, and my senses tell me it’ll be soon, so we should hurry if we want to do some spying.” She grinned wickedly. “Stealth is one of my advantages.” With a frown, she reflected on the time she had brushed against a Venus flytrap and Bimala had instantly pounced on her. That had been a stupid mistake. “Well, not that time,” Foxglove amended, “but I won’t screw up this time. Hopefully we can find a pattern doing this.”

@Alurayune
1 2 ... 120 121 122 123 124 ... 169 170